Page 1 of 1
Why is Auric so Cheap in SSA? [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 17:44:18 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
So in Giants, he sells you tons of stuff. In SSA, he NEVER has anything until I finish the game, and gives me a few thousand in spending cash, and then says "Done and done"...what gives? Is this guy just cheap?

Is there a cheat to make this man give more? Like a new Obama tax rate hike for the wealthy?

Where's my five dollas?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:49 20/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 03:48:18 21/04/2013
In SSA he was just a mysterious figure always hanging around, never introduced, just kept saying "Check back with me later", as a hint to keep checking with him. He was never a store, he seemed more like a banker hanging around. They just decided to make him a nomadic store in Giants to keep him around and give him something to do. smilie

Remember, Giants came AFTER Spyro's Adventure, he was invented for and introduced in SSA. The concept of him selling things only came with Giants. smilie

As far as I'm concerned, they put him in SSA just to have a way to give you a big reward for finishing the game/story.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#3 Posted: 04:25:36 21/04/2013
^ Like how after you complete the Giants game you get loads of cash on the crane deck.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#4 Posted: 04:45:06 21/04/2013
lol I think this guy was in the old spyro games too... So they put it in the SSA
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#5 Posted: 15:20:08 21/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
In SSA he was just a mysterious figure always hanging around, never introduced, just kept saying "Check back with me later", as a hint to keep checking with him. He was never a store, he seemed more like a banker hanging around. They just decided to make him a nomadic store in Giants to keep him around and give him something to do. smilie

Remember, Giants came AFTER Spyro's Adventure, he was invented for and introduced in SSA. The concept of him selling things only came with Giants. smilie

As far as I'm concerned, they put him in SSA just to have a way to give you a big reward for finishing the game/story.

Get all of that---it was utterly useless to have him around in SSA as he served NO PURPOSE whatsoever than to give you some diamonds when you finish the game. The way I'll do this next time is to use all of these areas post game to reset my skylanders and "load up" for upgrades for another playthrough.

I was hoping for a bit more utility than this. It was really lazy considering the amount of script they had for this game not to introduce him--but then again why not if he's not doing anything.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:13:57 21/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#6 Posted: 18:42:24 21/04/2013
He's secretley a money bags. He has much more money that Spyro gave him from long ago.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#7 Posted: 21:30:41 21/04/2013
Homage to Moneybags, I reckon.
#8 Posted: 07:20:08 22/04/2013
Never played whatever game he's in, but I've read that MoneyBags is a greedy sneaky character, while in SSA Auric is friendly and generous, LOL! And apparently they only look SIMILAR, not exactly the same. So I guess he's more of an homage or reference to MoneyBags, rather than actually being MoneyBags.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#9 Posted: 09:43:36 22/04/2013
A

Never played whatever game he's in, but I've read that MoneyBags is a greedy sneaky character, while in SSA Auric is friendly and generous, LOL! And apparently they only look SIMILAR, not exactly the same. So I guess he's more of an homage or reference to MoneyBags, rather than actually being MoneyBags.

This is true! To me, Auric is simply a reference to Moneybags. They look vaguely alike and both are rich but that's where the similarities end. In the original Spyro games (2 & 3) Moneybags would regularly block your paths throughout the game and politely tell you that he can unblock them for a certain amount of gems. He also offers the teaching of skills (swimming, climbing, head bashing). You have no choice but to pay him, but at the end of 3 you get to have your revenge by chasing him around and charging him to get all of your gems back. Which by that point, you take great relish in doing. smilie Auric never asks for your money just to be able to get through the level, thankfully. smilie
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 10:31:23 23/04/2013
but I've read that MoneyBags is a greedy sneaky character, while in SSA Auric is friendly and generous, LOL!

SPARXisAWESOME: What's REALLY funny is that in this sentence I was pretty much referring to the reply you just quoted, LOL!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:32:15 23/04/2013 by niceguy1
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 02:35:20 23/05/2013
Kind of a bump, but one thing I should add is by the time you beat the game and Auric gives you money, most if not all your Skylanders would have been fully upgraded by then, so he was basically redundant unless you had a LOT of Skylanders.

However, he did talk when confronting the bomb-making machine, which is the only thing he really did otherwise.
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#12 Posted: 00:09:19 27/05/2013
Don't talk to him at the end of the game. Make sure your have an air element in your tower. Copy your game to another profile on PS3 or XBOX. Go into that profile and Auric will give your about 4000 coins each time.
Also the tower will give you about 4000 coins if you have all 8 standing still. Another bonus talk to the general and he'll give you 300 coins.

Look online for Skylander spyro's adventure PS3 money cheat and you'll find a good video.

I'm doing this right now to get money for new Series 2. Getting 20,000 for each before moving on to Giants game.

Found this cheat later in the game and went back and replayed the game. Didn't pick up all the collections. Just made it to the end of the level. It goes really quickly. The tower should have Undead at the bottom and Fire on the top. Just make sure air is in there.
#13 Posted: 01:36:18 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Ummmm...I was confused about your post considering this is SSA not SG...and realized you posted a cheat about SG. Auric is still cheap in SSA.
---
#14 Posted: 02:32:50 27/05/2013
I noticed one more thing: General Robot gives you money too after you beat the game.
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#15 Posted: 04:08:11 27/05/2013
The cheat is for Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. It happens at the end of the game. Just follow the videos instructions and you'll get about 4000 coins from Auric. About 4000 from the tower and 300 from the General Robot.
Just don't talk to Auric, General Robot or go and knock down the tower at 8 elements.

Since the figures keeps money I'm doing this to upgrade the characters before finishing the last few time trials. Also to help with the herioc challenges. I've already done all the Herioc challenges with Series 1 and just purchased some Series 2 figures. Want to speed it up getting upgrades and make the challenges go quickly.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 18:36:25 27/05/2013
Auric is greedy and Moneybags is a stalker... what next?.... lmao!

here is moneybag stalker topic, if anyone want to read.. lol..
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=80304
#17 Posted: 21:21:10 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: stitchmaker
The cheat is for Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. It happens at the end of the game. Just follow the videos instructions and you'll get about 4000 coins from Auric. About 4000 from the tower and 300 from the General Robot.
Just don't talk to Auric, General Robot or go and knock down the tower at 8 elements.

Since the figures keeps money I'm doing this to upgrade the characters before finishing the last few time trials. Also to help with the herioc challenges. I've already done all the Herioc challenges with Series 1 and just purchased some Series 2 figures. Want to speed it up getting upgrades and make the challenges go quickly.

What do you mean by tower? No towers in SSA. Confused...
---
#18 Posted: 21:27:42 27/05/2013
The big stacking blocks with the elements on them, topped with that flashing geometric shape at the top?
#19 Posted: 03:36:08 30/05/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
What do you mean by tower? No towers in SSA. Confused...

Just below the Core Of Light device is a totem pole of stone, built of blocks with Elemental symbols. The first one is like 3 blocks tall (and I think it's the three elements that come with the Starter Pack: Magic, Water and Tech). When the bottom stone is a Magic symbol, you attack it with a Magic Skylander, etc. You get new totems every few levels until it's 8 blocks tall, with every element. When you knock down the whole tower, it pops out a bunch of money. In Giants, there's a vault in the ship which works the exact same way.

THAT is the tower he's referring to.
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#20 Posted: 17:01:17 07/09/2013
I have nothing to provide! But you can check back with me later!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#21 Posted: 17:38:50 07/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: awesomerockets
I have nothing to provide! But you can check back with me later!

He'll give you something at the end of the game, but it's one and done.
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#22 Posted: 18:15:27 07/09/2013
^I know that, just quoting what he said before you beat it. I heard that way too many times. smilie
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#23 Posted: 02:24:59 08/09/2013
Yeah, he doesn't really talk much in SSA after the game..
---
Hoot Loop :3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me