darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > So if you could do it all over again, what characters would you NOT get?
Page 1 of 1
So if you could do it all over again, what characters would you NOT get? [CLOSED]
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1 Posted: 20:25:50 18/03/2014 | Topic Creator
I was thinking about whether or not I should get Punk Shock, and it made me start to think about characters who were...underwhelming after their purchase. For me I'd say:

Slobbertooth
Riptide
Scorp
Stinkbomb
Legendary Grim Creeper

- Unreall
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 20:41:20 18/03/2014
Well I want every character for completion but my least favourites would be.

Stink Bomb
Grim Creeper

That's about it.
---
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 20:56:05 18/03/2014
I guess if there's any I wouldn't get that I have now, they would be Slobber Tooth and Rattle Shake. I just don't find them really fun to play :/
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:35 18/03/2014 by Sboy13
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 21:03:38 18/03/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

Stink Bomb
Grim Creeper

That's about it.

Agreed. I buy all the characters for the sake of completing the collection but I never pick up these characters. Stink Bomb feels too clunky for me to enjoy using him, in my opinion his top half is fairly good down TAoSF but not that fun, while his bottom half is just terrible. I can't stand Grim Creeper at all- I play Nightmare Mode almost exclusively, and I find him too underpowered to do anything down Spooky Specter. He's just boring to play down Grim Scythe, as you have no reason to do anything besides spam the tertiary attack, which does the most damage of his moves, is fastest and knocks up enemies, and that's not fun!

I think he's still okay, I don't dislike him as much as the other two, but Rip Tide feels like he should be more powerful. His attacks look pretty strong but in actual gameplay he's an average meleeist with a bland gimmick in the fish-swapping. He just feels really average.

Contrary to everyone else here, though, I love Slobber Tooth! I find his pure brutality and vanilla attacks are part of his charm. The way I see it, he's meant to be like that. It's certainly not the best gameplay, but when I want a plain meleeist who just feels good to beat bad guys up with, I pick him. Just my personal opinion, I realise others may not like that. He was actually one of the Skylanders I first used and grew attached to in the game. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:08:26 18/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#5 Posted: 22:06:52 18/03/2014
This isn't who I would't get. but more of characters who disappointed me.

Cynder. She underwhelms every in way to me. She's not undead enough as well.

The Dark Starter Pack (Except for DMR Spyro and Dark Slobber Tooth). Dark WB looks awful in game, I barely touched him he was so ugly (Thank God I got the regular version, he plays SO well). Dark Blast Zone would have looked better if he had purple fire. Blast Zones paths kinda suck too, nothing wows me about either paths for both halves.

Stink Bomb: Fun top half, awful bottom half. They had no idea what to do with his bottom half. Drop jaxs when walking slow? Who is going to risk walking slow just to hurt enemies that won't deal any real damage anyway?

Super Gulp Pop Fizz: I LOVE Pop Fizz, but like a few other of the Swap Force Wow-Pows, is dull.

I have more, but I've complained about Swap Force enough, I love the game, but it has big flaws. Here's a link to my topic on Wow-Pows. //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=99621
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:01 18/03/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 22:46:51 18/03/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives

Stink Bomb
Grim Creeper

That's about it.

Agreed. I buy all the characters for the sake of completing the collection but I never pick up these characters. Stink Bomb feels too clunky for me to enjoy using him, in my opinion his top half is fairly good down TAoSF but not that fun, while his bottom half is just terrible. I can't stand Grim Creeper at all- I play Nightmare Mode almost exclusively, and I find him too underpowered to do anything down Spooky Specter. He's just boring to play down Grim Scythe, as you have no reason to do anything besides spam the tertiary attack, which does the most damage of his moves, is fastest and knocks up enemies, and that's not fun!

I think he's still okay, I don't dislike him as much as the other two, but Rip Tide feels like he should be more powerful. His attacks look pretty strong but in actual gameplay he's an average meleeist with a bland gimmick in the fish-swapping. He just feels really average.

Contrary to everyone else here, though, I love Slobber Tooth! I find his pure brutality and vanilla attacks are part of his charm. The way I see it, he's meant to be like that. It's certainly not the best gameplay, but when I want a plain meleeist who just feels good to beat bad guys up with, I pick him. Just my personal opinion, I realise others may not like that. He was actually one of the Skylanders I first used and grew attached to in the game. smilie

I pretty much feel this way too--Rip Tide, Grim Creeper, Stink Bomb are well below average or just not fun. Countdown gets dangerously close for me as well. Most of the other new guys are at least decent or great.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:47 18/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#7 Posted: 22:56:15 18/03/2014
In particular, I wouldn't have purchased the variants that weren't different in game. This includes Blue Bash, Red Drill Sargeant, and Glow-in-the-Dark Sonic Boom. In other cases, it's not so much the characters that I wouldn't purchase as much as how I got them. For example, if I had known Gnarly Tree Rex was coming out as a single pack, I wouldn't have purchased the Gnarly Tree Rex Wii version and sold the Wii online. I made a minor profit on it, but it was so much effort to get that one figure.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#8 Posted: 22:58:34 18/03/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Arc of Archives

Stink Bomb
Grim Creeper

That's about it.

I pretty much feel this way too--Rip Tide, Grim Creeper, Stink Bomb are well below average or just not fun. Countdown gets dangerously close for me as well. Most of the other new guys are at least decent or great.

I love Rip Tide, Countdown and Slobber Tooth, but Grim Creeper on the other had, does bore me. He begs for combos like what Giants and SSA had (So does Roller Brawl).
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#9 Posted: 23:12:50 18/03/2014
I for one love smilie and always have a blast playing as him, but enough about him. If I had to pick, I'd say the ones I haven't really enjoyed are smilie sadly, smilie, Super Gulp smilie and Heavy Duty smilie. The wow pows are so lame this game with some exceptions Like Camo and Stealth Elf to name the very few. Also forgot smilie and smilie even though they're my only Swappers for those elements, they're just so bland and really boring looking.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:52 18/03/2014 by GhostRoaster617
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#10 Posted: 00:17:51 19/03/2014
I am certainly not a completionist, I routenly take a good hard look at my collection and ask my self "which one of these guys do I simply not like playing as?" and then I sell them on eBay. I personally think the result is a strong collection that is unique to my tastes, which I think is cool. Anyway, the only Skylander I have removed from the Swap Force roster is Legendary Night Shift! I never clicked with him, he is powerful as hell, but I don't know, just didn't gel with me.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#11 Posted: 01:01:41 19/03/2014
Spy Rise. He's the reason why I went from wanting only 9 Skylanders, to all 80.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#12 Posted: 06:50:53 19/03/2014
Any of the lightcores. I get that they don't get a wow-pow in favor of the light bomb, but no path switching is ridiculous. Most of the figures themselves just don't look as nice as their normal counterparts either. Oh, and the less said about LC Drobot the better...
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#13 Posted: 07:41:26 19/03/2014
I am not a person who wants them all, but I do regret the dark starter pack...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#14 Posted: 10:06:05 19/03/2014
I have no regrets . I usually think long and hard before i make a choice . I dont know when i will stop buying them but i treat each one like its my last .

Most of the skylanders usually exceed my expectations in game play . I am not a power gamer .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#15 Posted: 10:40:38 19/03/2014
Dont foget Night Shift. I cannit stand his gameplay... same withStink Bom.
#16 Posted: 10:44:07 19/03/2014
Why do you regret the Dark Starter Pack ? Is it the paint job ?
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#17 Posted: 12:37:43 19/03/2014
Sprocket.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#18 Posted: 13:00:06 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix

For me its a couple things, the Dark Swaps don't gel with ANYONE else, I Slobbertooth is just an all around disappointment due to his mechanics more so than his looks/personality, and S3 Stealth Elf is 'meh', I prefer my S2 Stealth Elf honestly. The only figure that translated well was Dark Blast Zone, and I'd rather have a regular one because it would match the other Swaps better.
- Unreall
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#19 Posted: 13:20:44 19/03/2014
I own every character released (aside from the chase variants, could care less about those) and can honestly say I don't regret any of them. Its not just because I wanted a full collection, but to pay 10 dollars and get a new character which gives you a good chunk of play time (if you're doing 100% completion of each character) is a great deal. Even if I'm not a fan of the character, I love getting to play with a bunch of different guys and trying out different play styles.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#20 Posted: 14:21:11 19/03/2014
Slobbertooth
Stink Bomb
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
MLW70 Red Sparx Gems: 59
#21 Posted: 14:39:48 19/03/2014
Wash Buckler, if he hadn't come with the starter pack I would not have bought him.
---
Stay Cool!
#22 Posted: 14:47:36 19/03/2014

I found out Slobber Tooth and Spyro just looked horrible in-game and sold them

I don't realy care for the paint jobs, in fact, I only left the three starters.. I could've bought the starter pack instead of the Dark one if I knew this....;>>>
#23 Posted: 15:42:28 19/03/2014
What does Gel mean ? Are they compatible with their other normal colour SwopForce buddies or not ?

The difference between a normal Swopforce Starter and Dark edition over here is 1 dollar so i naturally bought Dark edition . The toy figures look great to me but i have yet to open it and play the game . I admit i kinda think a Blue Wash Buckler and a green slobber tooth looks better then a black one .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:00 19/03/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#24 Posted: 15:47:30 19/03/2014
I agree Ninjask, they looks horrible, regular Slobber tooth looks okay but dark? and the spyro's are really horrible on the wii.... they can't even close their mouth
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#25 Posted: 16:34:08 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
What does Gel mean ? Are they compatible with their other normal colour SwopForce buddies or not ?

The difference between a normal Swopforce Starter and Dark edition over here is 1 dollar so i naturally bought Dark edition . The toy figures look great to me but i have yet to open it and play the game . I admit i kinda think a Blue Wash Buckler and a green slobber tooth looks better then a black one .

gel = look good together. The black and silver is a STRONG contrast to the more colorful palettes that the other Swap characters have. Then once you throw the Wow Pow on Stealth elf, you can't even TELL she's 'dark'. Slobbertooth I can take or leave aesthetically - green is more natural, but the dark doesn't look bad. And Dark Spyro is STILL just a palette swap unlike on the 3DS. He looks OK I guess, but is absolutely nothing new.

Hindsite being 20/20 - I wish that for variants, they kept them all 'close' in color for the Swap characters. The 'Nitro' characters are SUPER close to looking like Legendaries - so they look good when paired together. Dark? Nah.
- Unreall
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#26 Posted: 00:34:21 20/03/2014
Another one I wouldn't get again is Blizzard Chill. It's not because of the Wow Pow, but because I don't like the character overall. She's also pretty boring to play, and I rarely pick her up :/ Her ice walls and her shield are really not great to me, although to be fair, I never did take her down the path for improving those. (thank goodness for path switching!) That's just how I feel though.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:48 20/03/2014 by Sboy13
Millerman Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#27 Posted: 02:22:02 20/03/2014
I would not have bought ANY reposes or regulars if they had light cores(i.e. Grim creeper, Star strike). Imagine the money I could have saved!!
---
Thank you Activision for making me spend my hard earned money on frivolous items! I'm sure my kids will understand when their inheritance is Skylander's!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#28 Posted: 14:29:19 20/03/2014
I would buy them all (mainly because my mom pays for 3/4 of them, but that's not my point) but some just suck! Like grim creeper (yay. swing an syche around. yay. have a ghost come out of your armor then try to touch enimies so you can go right back to your armor. wheeeeeeeee, ha ha fun.) ruble rouser: unimaginaive/ boring! Lc flashwing: bab LC on the figure, and sucks in game. S3 smilie that brings the total os slow, boring, junky, smilies up to... 3. S3 chop chop, both paths suck, and you can't even controll him when he uses his pow wow( and we have three out already). Any LCs in this gane so far just don't light up good.
---
Dead
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#29 Posted: 16:28:43 20/03/2014
If I could I would not buy Giants onwards.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#30 Posted: 18:22:55 20/03/2014
Quote: Sboy13
I guess if there's any I wouldn't get that I have now, they would be Slobber Tooth and Rattle Shake. I just don't find them really fun to play :/

This goes for me too.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#31 Posted: 21:16:16 20/03/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm torn on Rattleshake - he's like Drobot for me - he's one of the strongest so the energy from beating something difficult makes them more enjoyable, but admittedly the game play is super simple...throw sheriff and spam shooting. But putting say Rattle Drilla together is so many shades of awesome as I become a turret machine and have fun that way, but I can def understand some of the dis-interest in him.
- Unreall
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#32 Posted: 22:31:58 20/03/2014
I tend to only get characters that I know I will like, but if I had known how buggy wrecking ball would be in Spyro's adventure I'm not sure I would have bought him
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#33 Posted: 00:24:05 21/03/2014
Not too keen on Prizm Break. I would still buy him, but he's not very enjoyable now on Swap Force.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#34 Posted: 17:13:45 21/03/2014
The reposes are getting annoying I hope there are no s4 unless they have an entirely different move set, more than just 1 stinkin wow pow. But surprisingly a lot of characters I was rather meh about turned out to be really fun and the characters I was interested in to be rather lack luster.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#35 Posted: 19:58:54 21/03/2014
smilie has always sucked. If we didn't collect all the figures we wouldn't have got him.
---
Dead
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#36 Posted: 20:43:41 21/03/2014
Quote: shadowfox
The reposes are getting annoying I hope there are no s4 unless they have an entirely different move set, more than just 1 stinkin wow pow. But surprisingly a lot of characters I was rather meh about turned out to be really fun and the characters I was interested in to be rather lack luster.

It would give good reason to get them all if they did give new move sets each time, which is why I'm surprised they didn't. The only thing I can think of as the reason for not doing that is they didn't want to devote the time to making that many new move sets each game, or maybe because they want the figure to play the same no matter what game you are playing on as the older games wouldn't be able to give you the new move sets. I would be fine with say the new Spyro having a new move set on the newest game yet the old base moves on swap force and before.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#37 Posted: 14:18:39 23/03/2014
Honestly, all of the swappers other than smilie, smilie, and smilie. Also smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#38 Posted: 19:59:22 23/03/2014
Also for the older games, I may have skipped Wrecking Ball, Stump Smash, all the legendaries from the first game, almost everyone of the cores from Giants and Lightning Rod.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#39 Posted: 17:54:15 12/04/2014
I quickly lost interest in Stink Bomb, Hoot Loop, Grim Creeper and Dune Bug. Too slow and the attack styles just didn't click with me.

However, I thought I'd chime in about Punk Shock since you mentioned considering her for purchase. I thought I wouldn't like her but I picked her up anyway and found her delightful to play. Her attacks are interesting and she's well animated. It's fun just running around the level with her, but she's also powerful and wipes the board as I go. She racks up Score Mode points like a champ with her enemy-slowing water balloons and long range attack.

Another character I was surprised by was Hornblast Whirlwind. A revamped first-gen character, so I thought "meh." But she's absolutely gorgeous in game, and once I mastered how to use her electric thunderclouds she became a favorite.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#40 Posted: 18:49:41 12/04/2014
I will always want to keep 1 version of each character regardless of how they play and I dump the series 1 version of any character as soon as series 2 characters are announced. The only exception for me was variants. This has worked out nicely as I only have about 100 characters rather than the crazy 174 that make up a complete in game collection. I did, however, buy the lightcore characters in Giants thinking they would play a bit differently or at least look really nice. Needless to say most were underwhelming in both aspects, and they are basically reposed series 1 characters with no real perk. I will likely still buy them when the only other option is a regular series 1 version, but my purchases of LC Eruptor, Drobot, Prism Break, Hex?, Pop Fizz and Jet Vac were highly regrettable. Didn't make that mistake in Swap Force with Flashwing, Countdown, and won't with Bumble Blast.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#41 Posted: 18:52:17 12/04/2014
Kinda funny that before the game everyone WANTED Stink Bomb but the less touted characters like Punk Shock and Wind Up end up really shining.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#42 Posted: 20:27:40 12/04/2014
Kinda funny that before the game everyone WANTED Stink Bomb but the less touted characters like Punk Shock and Wind Up end up really shining.

Agreed! Wind Up has so much personality and he's awesome to play. But I hadn't seen any details about him before I bought the adventure pack. Punk Shock looked like another Chill to me, but she's really fun. Seems like they wanted to place the hype on the swap mechanic, but it's the core characters I've liked the most.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#43 Posted: 11:35:05 13/04/2014
I wouldn't have bought Lightcore JetVac or Drill Sargent.
Mainly because I got JetVac with the Battlegrounds set and having two annoys me. Also, don't like Swarm much.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#44 Posted: 12:08:39 13/04/2014
Wouldn't have bought the DS version of the game which I never play to justify the purchase of one of the Nitro Magna Charge double packs.

The Black Eruptor just doesn't hold a candle to the Nitro colored Magna Charge.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
beth18 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#45 Posted: 14:51:48 13/04/2014
i think stinkbomb and night shift are cool there 2 of my faves ever since i started colecteing the swapforce figures if been itching to get stink bomb and night shift, but if id had to choose who i wouldn't of gotten its wind up and slobber tooth there the to skylanders i dislike the most
GamerGroovenik Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#46 Posted: 17:51:54 13/04/2014
My regret was going through the extra effort to put together a Dark Edition for my PS4. I just feel some of the character developers got lazy. The dark figures' powers really should've been dark/purple. In many cases they are simply unchanged in any way. Dark Stealth Elf is particularly bad in that they made some of her powers purple and others green - make up your minds people! She (and the rest) should have had purple powers. Period.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#47 Posted: 17:57:07 13/04/2014
There's a lot I wouldn't get, mainly ones from the first 2 games.
Let's see...
Sprocket, Voodood, Chop Chop, Fright Rider, Stump Smash, Zook, Legendary Stealth Elf, Punk Shock, Fire Kraken, Flameslinger, Ignitor, S2 Ignitor, Swarm, S1 Sonic Boom, and Lightning Rod.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#48 Posted: 03:40:09 14/04/2014
I've been far more selective with Swap Force so I have no regrets this era, however I regret buying Sprocket and Drill Sargent. I also so would've loved it if the starter packs didn't include Gil Grunt & Jet-Vac (I hate those two). Eruptor also rubs me the wrong way but my nephew loves him so I've kinda warmed up to him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:08 14/04/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
#49 Posted: 12:48:28 14/04/2014 | Topic Creator

Somewhat agreed...though I didn't care for Stink Bomb from day one. I finally played my Punk shock this weekend and wow, she's several shades of awesome. I knew she wsa there to 'fix' Zapp, and there are a fdw things I would love to be 'tweaked' with her - but overall I reall enjoyed leveling her up a bit.

I said somewhat though because of Wind-Up. He's "strong", but ultimately feels like a 'one-button aquitter' - I just keep mashing one button. There is some thinking involved to the timing, but it's nothing more than Flappy Birds if you will. Drobot without being OP and requiring a little thinking with regards to timing.
- Unreall
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me