Page 1 of 1
Wow-Pow comparison. [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#1 Posted: 16:02:58 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
So, now that all S2/S3 are now out, which repose has the better Wow-Pow? For S2's, are you happy with their new Wow-Pow? Here's my opinion of them.

Magic:
Spyro: While Spyro's Head Start Wow-Pow is good, it's under powered and slow. Spyro's flameballs do 50 damage in Swap Force, 5 less than Head Start. S2 Spyro's Wow-Pow does 132 damage with an additional 50 damage with an enemy is hit by a fireball, doing a whooping 185 damage. So I prefer S2 Spyro over Dark Mega Ram Spyro (I own DMRS, not regular MRS)

Popfizz: It's decent, but I expected a super beast form. They should have given all three potions a power-up, as I don't really use purple.

Water:

Gill Grunt: Both are great! While I mostly use S2 Gill, I still love the whirlpool Anchor Away Gill Grunt has. Hopefully s4 Gill Grunt will have something else then a Anchor Upgrade. (Power Hose Ice Blast or shoot a Great White Shark at enemies?)

Chill: I don't have S2 Chill, but from what I've seen, her Wow-Pow disappoints me.

Earth:

Terrafin: Both are very good, I just can't stand those Wolverine Claws for Knockout Terrafin.

Prism Break: Originally, I was going to get Hyper Beam Prism Break, but 2 things changed that: 1. Not actual Hyper Beam, the name is misleading. 2. It's under powered and the upgrade's actual name is also misleading. "Crystal Commrade" suggest a crystal will come to life and fight in battle with you, while in reality, they only stay in place and spins around. S2 is better and stronger.

Tech:

Trigger Happy. S3 over S2, but the Rocket's duration is very short and takes a long time to load.

Sprocket: Another one I didn't get. I'm not much of a Sprocket fan, so I skipped her.

Air:

Whirlwind: Her S2 Wow-Pow didn't feel like a actual Wow-Pow and more like a generic path upgrade. Her S3 Wow-Pow is AWESOME! It can be a bit tough to use, but it's still great.

Jet-Vac: I love it as well! It's what I wanted from the Vac Blaster path, but then we got that "suck in enemies for a powerd up air blast" upgrade instead. It makes that path useless.

Life:

Stealth Elf: Both are great. S2s spin could last longer, but it's still good.

Camo: This Wow-pow covers so much area it's almost unfair. Looks awesome as well.

Undead:

Note: I did not get either of the Undead reposes.

Chop Chop: He looks awesome with the twin blades, but I was hoping he'd have them out all the time with a new playstyle. S2 is better.

Cynder: Probably my least favorite out of all of the reposes for Swap Force. Looks like it's hard to aim and seems weak. Ghost Roaster should have taken this spot.

Fire:

Eruptor: Both are great! I do prefer Lava Barf two: Barf Harder! though. I can't wait to see Lava Barf Three: Barf Hard with a Vengeance!

HotDog; Haven't gotten him yet. I'll update it when I do.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:25:04 15/03/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#2 Posted: 17:13:58 15/03/2014
Nice post, very informative.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#3 Posted: 17:22:20 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#4 Posted: 19:40:45 15/03/2014
Altho I like Springtime Trigger Happy's hat, I almost feel like he was picked for having the most useless Wow Pow. The Series 2 ones are sorta a moot point to pick on as the characters didn't even have a Wow Pow beforehand.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#5 Posted: 20:03:52 15/03/2014
S2 Spyro is far superior. The damage is huge, and really, Spyro needs to hit as hard as he can. The Wyrm friend is far too hard to direct, and overall is just rather worthless. Also, I much prefer S2's wing guards as opposed to Mega Ram's huge horns

Both Gill Grunts are kinda meh. S2 hits harder, but S3 hits for longer. To me, it's up to which figure you like more

S3 Trigger Happy is just very disappointing for me. I was hoping for a Wow Pow to boost his Coin toss path, but the rocket is just kind of its own thing. It's hard to direct with a long startup. And while the figure is fun, S2 just kinda does it better in the gameplay. The Golden Gatling Gun is really strong as is, so the Megablast just makes it so much better.

S2 Stealth Elf was a disappointment, as it added nothing of interest to her. S3 however is fantastic. A really fun, hard hitting attack that catapults you across the ground like a bullet that compliments both paths.

Eruptor has always been very hit or miss, but the S3 is just a much slower attack compared to the S2. It has a wider spread, sure, but it also has a large margin for missing. The S2 attack can be held till it's needed, and hit with incredible power, as well as also not leaving you so open for attack.

Chop Chop's S3 Wow Pow is hard to control, to steer, and drops all means of defense for a reckless all out attack, which really is far too weak. S2 Chop Chop is godly in comparison. The S3 figure is far superior however.

Both of Cynder's Wow Pows are pretty bland. I'm going to say S3 just because of the figure.

S2 Whilwind's Wow Pow leave destruction in it's wake. It make Whirlwind near broken when used on the right path. S3 is slow and much weaker in comparison, despite the kickass Helmet.

Both of Terrafin's paths are great, but I prefer S3, just for the more viable means of attack. It sends you flying as well as sends out some projectiles to do your bidding.

S3 Prism Break looks beautiful in translucent red. His Wow Pow on his crystal path is destructive, and has a much wider way of hitting than the S2 version.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#6 Posted: 20:09:46 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
S2 Spyro is far superior. The damage is huge, and really, Spyro needs to hit as hard as he can. The Wyrm friend is far too hard to direct, and overall is just rather worthless. Also, I much prefer S2's wing guards as opposed to Mega Ram's huge horns.

Both Gill Grunts are kinda meh. S2 hits harder, but S3 hits for longer. To me, it's up to which figure you like more

S3 Trigger Happy is just very disappointing for me. I was hoping for a Wow Pow to boost his Coin toss path, but the rocket is just kind of its own thing. It's hard to direct with a long startup. And while the figure is fun, S2 just kinda does it better in the gameplay. The Golden Gatling Gun is really strong as is, so the Megablast just makes it so much better.

S2 Stealth Elf was a disappointment, as it added nothing of interest to her. S3 however is fantastic. A really fun, hard hitting attack that catapults you across the ground like a bullet that compliments both paths.

Eruptor has always been very hit or miss, but the S3 is just a much slower attack compared to the S2. It has a wider spread, sure, but it also has a large margin for missing. The S2 attack can be held till it's needed, and hit with incredible power, as well as also not leaving you so open for attack.

Chop Chop's S3 Wow Pow is hard to control, to steer, and drops all means of defense for a reckless all out attack, which really is far too weak. S2 Chop Chop is godly in comparison. The S3 figure is far superior however.

Both of Cynder's Wow Pows are pretty bland. I'm going to say S3 just because of the figure.

S2 Whilwind's Wow Pow leave destruction in it's wake. It make Whirlwind near broken when used on the right path. S3 is slow and much weaker in comparison, despite the kickass Helmet.

Both of Terrafin's paths are great, but I prefer S3, just for the more viable means of attack. It sends you flying as well as sends out some projectiles to do your bidding.

S3 Prism Break looks beautiful in translucent red. His Wow Pow on his crystal path is destructive, and has a much wider way of hitting than the S2 version.

Spyro overall in Swap Force is way,way,way OP. Flameballs now do 50 damage, his Day Bringer Flame does 124 and as said his Fire Slam does 185, if the flame balls hits the enemy with the shockwave.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:11 15/03/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#7 Posted: 20:57:25 22/03/2014
Obviously when a character has a series 2 but no series 3 I really don't care because it will still be superior to the original character. However, for the 10 characters that got a series 3 release, I was happy that they chose to give half of them unique in-game variants because that made owning both feel worth while. The characters where I feel like owning both is more a matter of debate are Gill Grunt, Chop Chop, Cynder, Prism Break and Terrafin.

In my opinion, the series 3 versions of Prism Break and Terrafin are just better and since you still get to play with their series 2 versions if you use them in Giants I feel they are must buys.

Gill Grunt and Cynder seem to kind of be toss ups and more a matter of preference. I find both Gill Grunt figures really nice though so owning both certainly isn't a bad thing. Series 3 Cynder is gorgeous and that alone makes her a must buy. I would say unless you love her series 2 wow pow just pass on that figure, but thanks to her being in every single starter pack of Giants you likely already own her at least once.

Finally I would say that Chop Chop is the only figure from this group where the series 2 version is just better, period. Series 3 Chop Chop is the easiest pass there is unless you love the figure itself or are trying to collect them all.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me