Page 1 of 1
Wii U Collection Glitch? [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 22:19:52 24/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Howdy guys. I finally got a chance to pick up Swap Force this weekend and I'm loving it so far.
Last night I had finally progressed enough for the Eon summoning where he tells you about your Portal Master Rank. Before that, I had registered my entire collection of figures and as soon as I had talked to him, it shot up to like Level 9. I started the next level then decided to quit.

I had played the game today and tried out the Battle Mode when I came across that part. After doing a few of them, I noticed something fishy; my level was only Level 4. Checking back on my collection to see what changed and was a little shocked to find that there were no stars registered for the collection, despite having over 100 figures in the collection.

I tried adding characters that i hadn't registered yet to see if it'd unlock the stars and figures again but nothing seems to be working. Even the smaller things like adding a blue based figure to your collection wouldn't work, despite having Blast Zone on the portal.

Has anyone else come across this glitch yet? If so...does anyone know what to do? I'd really hate to have to start all over again AND re-register all my figures.....
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#2 Posted: 22:24:33 24/11/2013
Oh, no. You too? I suffered the glitch on the same system as you. Although, it appears this also appears on other platforms. And yes, if you want your collection to count for your stars, you have to start a new save, and re add your characters. I didn't reset though, as I knew that I could get to Portal Master Rank 80 without the Collection Stars.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#3 Posted: 22:36:40 24/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Gaah. I'd really hate to reset. I dumped a bunch of coins into a lot of things already too. Resetting will probably be my last resort, but if I do, is there a certain point I should register all my figures? Maybe after Eon is summoned and talks about the rank?
---
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#4 Posted: 23:24:04 24/11/2013
I lost a few stars aswell (same console) but you don't need all stars to hit portal master rank 80 anyway, so it doesn't really matter imo.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 23:32:28 24/11/2013
I've encountered the same problem!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 01:19:40 25/11/2013
I don't know, but I believe that for the Wii U version, the figures are all under ownership under the same Nintendo Network account. I haven't tested it out, but I don't think you need to reset, unless you want the collection stars to count. Even then, the glitch might reappear. So I just wouldn't reset, but try and earn the other stars via Story, achievements, Time Challenges, etc.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 02:55:34 25/11/2013
This is a glitch with the Wii U version of the game and can happen at any time (best thing to do is back up your game to a flash drive every time you stop playing) Activision says that playing thru a new level might fix it (it did for 1 user here) but if that does not work then starting over is the only thing you can do.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 03:31:57 25/11/2013
Quote: darkrai848
This is a glitch with the Wii U version of the game and can happen at any time (best thing to do is back up your game to a flash drive every time you stop playing) Activision says that playing thru a new level might fix it (it did for 1 user here) but if that does not work then starting over is the only thing you can do.

This has been reported on every platform. I'd like to know what's causing it, can we avoid it, etc. It seems that they should know root cause by now and if there's some proactive workarounds for folks that haven't started playing it yet.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#9 Posted: 13:24:08 25/11/2013
I got the glitch when I booted up the game. It showed up as my proper rank at 56, but when I gone to do a Swap Zone Challenge, in the menu, it was 48. I was dreading that glitch. It could be the figure you use to start the game how many times you boot up the game. It must be something.
---
#10 Posted: 13:57:58 28/11/2013
Sorry for double post, but even if I have the glitch, I managed to make it to Rank 77. At this rate, if no one else has, I might be one of the first users here that actually made it to Rank 80 here. Anyone else have it?
---
#11 Posted: 15:02:04 28/11/2013
Quote: zookinator
Sorry for double post, but even if I have the glitch, I managed to make it to Rank 77. At this rate, if no one else has, I might be one of the first users here that actually made it to Rank 80 here. Anyone else have it?

Announced weeks ago...sorry you won't be the first.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#12 Posted: 15:05:42 28/11/2013
I think I've seen a couple of members with rank 80 on the Forum. But still, congrats if you reach it!
#13 Posted: 15:09:10 28/11/2013
Quote: Reimu
I think I've seen a couple of members with rank 80 on the Forum. But still, congrats if you reach it!

In all fairness though, no one has posted pics. I think starting a thread for the Portal Master Elites might be a good idea to publicly reward those who did the work.
---
#14 Posted: 15:10:44 28/11/2013
I don't know, I don't really feel the need to see a picture to prove that someone is rank 80, but if they feel like doing it, why not! It's still a hard work to reach 80, even more when you have the collection glitch.
#15 Posted: 15:33:51 28/11/2013
I don't know, I don't really feel the need to see a picture to prove that someone is rank 80, but if they feel like doing it, why not! It's still a hard work to reach 80, even more when you have the collection glitch.

Well, I don't mind taking anyone's word either...just to make it official ;-)
---
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#16 Posted: 16:20:15 28/11/2013
so the wii-u version is also full of bugs now... to bad for you nintendo fanboys out there.
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#17 Posted: 18:06:38 28/11/2013
Quote: tobby
so the wii-u version is also full of bugs now... to bad for you nintendo fanboys out there.

Apparently, it doesn't only apply to nintendo fans:

Quote: GhostRoaster

This has been reported on every platform.

Just saying
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
#18 Posted: 00:04:25 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Out of curiosity, has anyone contacted Activision about this yet? It should be easy enough to distribute a patch, especially through the Nintendo eshop (and PSN/XBL Marketplace)
---
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#19 Posted: 00:42:22 29/11/2013

i'm at 77 aswell smilie and i don't have any sneak, dig or jump skylanders yet... but there are people at lvl 80, check out this thread

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=92151

and if you play the wii u version, check out this thread

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=91681
#20 Posted: 13:47:20 29/11/2013
Quote: Dragon Master58

Apparently, it doesn't only apply to nintendo fans:

Quote: GhostRoaster

This has been reported on every platform.

Just saying

i have the playstation and i have not seen this glitch, so it is not happen to all platforms...
#21 Posted: 00:41:43 30/11/2013

I completely agree with this post. It took two days of gaming time(approximately an entire day in terms of combining my game time), and I must say, I am sitting happy with the Great Helm in my collection smilie. The only things remaining for me now is to get the rest of the Charms, Legendary Treasures, Hats, and then, of course, getting all of my characters(including unreleased) fully upgraded and every single character leveled. I may be done with Nightmare Mode and the Portal Master Ranking, but I am not done with Skylanders yet.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#22 Posted: 01:49:46 30/11/2013
So no word from Activision about the problem yet? It's why I am hesitant to see how the Wii U version works.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#23 Posted: 02:39:58 30/11/2013
Quote: WickedRogue
So no word from Activision about the problem yet? It's why I am hesitant to see how the Wii U version works.

Well, they aren't going to offer up information here--remember...some of their support staff uses THIS site for their support needs smilie

You can try calling, but be prepared for no resolution.
---
#24 Posted: 14:30:51 30/11/2013

there will be no words from activision, the game is done and out the door... you just gotta accept and live with the glitch.
#25 Posted: 15:18:12 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
there will be no words from activision, the game is done and out the door... you just gotta accept and live with the glitch.

To be fair, it locks out a huge part of the collection. Now of course you can do other things to get your rank up, but this isn't just a small problem they can forget about. A whopping 94 stars come from the Collection section which is about 18 Portal Master levels.

Interestingly, I got Tower of Time yesterday. It confirmed my suspicions that whenever the collection got reset, it got rid of everything registered to that point. When registering the Tower of Time/Pop Thorn/Magic items, it added to the stars. So I guess as long as it doesn't remove those, Its still possible to get a handful of the other collection stars.

I also tried to reset a character to see if i could rekajigger something to work. It didn't do anything. Is there any way to take ownership of a character in Swap Force? Maybe that could help?
---
#26 Posted: 00:46:13 01/12/2013
I believe the only way is to take ownership of the figures on a different system, as in, other than the one that you are using, to take ownership. There is no way to do that when you already have ownership over them.
---
#27 Posted: 02:11:49 01/12/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487

To be fair, it locks out a huge part of the collection. Now of course you can do other things to get your rank up, but this isn't just a small problem they can forget about. A whopping 94 stars come from the Collection section which is about 18 Portal Master levels.

Interestingly, I got Tower of Time yesterday. It confirmed my suspicions that whenever the collection got reset, it got rid of everything registered to that point. When registering the Tower of Time/Pop Thorn/Magic items, it added to the stars. So I guess as long as it doesn't remove those, Its still possible to get a handful of the other collection stars.

I also tried to reset a character to see if i could rekajigger something to work. It didn't do anything. Is there any way to take ownership of a character in Swap Force? Maybe that could help?

i guess activision will only tell you to buy another console then... thats how its function, they already got the money and dont give a damn. im lucky i have bought the better console, the ps3...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:27 01/12/2013 by tobby
#28 Posted: 02:17:44 01/12/2013
I believe the only way is to take ownership of the figures on a different system, as in, other than the one that you are using, to take ownership. There is no way to do that when you already have ownership over them.

Complete idiocy to not have the take ownership feature in the game that was present in SSA and SG.

Yep, true. I also recommend giving Activision less of your money and let them know. That's the only way they will make these stupid little changes that will add up to a lot more satisfaction.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:51 01/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 02:41:44 01/12/2013
@GhostRoaster

yes.... activision and big game companies only listen when you dont give them money... its sad it have become like that but that is how it have become. when there is rich idiots with more money than brain....
#30 Posted: 14:05:45 02/12/2013

i guess activision will only tell you to buy another console then... thats how its function, they already got the money and dont give a damn. im lucky i have bought the better console, the ps3...

That's a bit extreme.

Can you try to just create another profile on your console, then take ownership using that profile then go back to your main profile?
#31 Posted: 14:09:46 02/12/2013

That's a bit extreme.

Can you try to just create another profile on your console, then take ownership using that profile then go back to your main profile?

I don't think Activision cares to what lengths the consumer has to go through to fix the problem...the bottom line is that they aren't going to offer a solution. They should've offered the take ownership feature. Drop Acti a line with the equally extreme position of stopping to purchase their products. smilie
---
#32 Posted: 14:16:14 02/12/2013
No but I'm serious, has anyone tried this yet? Maybe this could help? If going from a console to another works, it might work from a profile to another one.
Dreamvolt Green Sparx Gems: 144
#33 Posted: 07:27:30 09/12/2013
It's the Swappers. I'm like 90% sure.

I started over and was really paranoid backing up my save every time I completed a level. I finally got back to where I was in the game, then decided I'd fill out the rest of the swap grid. Same error, collection goes bye bye, only thing I ended up with was 4 combos with none of the skylanders counting despite having most of the grid full, and everything in collection.

BTW, as a side note my guess is because it's a save data corruption issue, ownership doesn't matter. For instance when I made my new save and I didn't have to change the ownership of anything. I think it might be a disagreement between two sets of save data that are supposed to agree, but don't. New stuff isn't corrupted though, so it works, but everything before that doesn't.

My guess as to what is causing it is that every time you make a new combo, the game saves it to the grid. If you do this too fast, two fast possibly varying a great deal, the game is trying to save while it's saving and, then things fizzle. I was eventually able to fill the grid, and once I got all 100 combos I could I've had no problems.

Of course I could be wrong about speed, but I figured since it's a collection glitch, it must have something to do with skylanders, and as I said, paranoid. So I don't think I did anything else other than putting a swapper on the portal and suddenly losing a bunch of portal master levels when my collection stars all vanished.

So to sum up, be really careful with any new swap force combos because it's possible any you put on the portal might corrupt part of your save, possibly at random, but hopefully it's the waiting long enough thing.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me