First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
skylanders 4 whats your idea
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#151 Posted: 14:45:31 21/10/2013
new gimmick for skylanders4 will be online multiplayer gameplay... that is what i think.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#152 Posted: 14:54:26 21/10/2013
It is Activision, after all. Take however many games you think it will take to completely burn out the idea. A point where even the most dedicated fan says "Ok, this is too many figures, I'm done". A point where we have variants coming out of our ears and the news of a "store exclusive" generates not excitement, but everyone groaning "AGAIN?" or simply ignoring it.

Then add two more games to that total and that's when Activision ends it.

I think the Swap Force success has guaranteed us at least three more full games. So, of course there will be a 4. And if they have a new idea as cool as Swapping then bring it on.
vayurocks Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#153 Posted: 14:59:54 21/10/2013
I think it would be cool if they made a skylanders game where they make the predator of each skylander.
Skylanders predators.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#154 Posted: 15:01:45 21/10/2013
Skylanders isn't the type of game that would do well as an online multiplayer game. In it's current form it's too linear and is barely complex enough for 2 people let alone more than that. Players being tethered together would be a huge issue and even if they fixed that and let each online person go their own route there's potentially nothing for them to do if people get far enough ahead of them. Again, the whole game would need to be reworked and at that point it might become too complex for it's target audience (kids).
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#155 Posted: 15:03:50 21/10/2013
Don't get me wrong, I love Swap Force but what want to see is that they keep what ideas they have from all games and make the best "game" they can for Skylanders 4. Give us new core landers, giants and swappers so don't worry about the gimmick as much. Online multiplayer, online battles, longer story. I think that would mean the most to longer time players.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#156 Posted: 15:10:23 21/10/2013
Quote: newkill
Quote: GhostRoaster
If they don't fix these customer satisfaction issues with 3 we won't have to worry about #4.

*Sigh* Problems on Wii and a few minors bugs won't stop them from creating more games.

I didn't say they won't make it. But whether they get people to buy it will be a new problem for them. Interesting comments on the Activision forum.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:41 21/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
#157 Posted: 15:13:16 21/10/2013
Anyone thinking of using the ancient elementals that are in swap force.....with more than four of course. Skylanders predators where you are the predatory species of the skylanders who try to defeat kaos and eon.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#158 Posted: 15:16:56 21/10/2013
Undead edition...every skylander dies and has to fight in the underworld to get back their bodies. Completely dark tone and at the end Skylands implodes.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#159 Posted: 15:42:53 21/10/2013
Skylanders: Wolf Pack Edition

Spyro, Gill Grunt, Boomer and Eruptor go to Vegas for a Bachelor party. After a wild night, they wake up, realize Spyro is missing and retrace their steps to find their lost friend. Along the way they find a crazy Trigger Happy in the trunk of their car and Gill Grunt finds out he married a ninja name Stealth Elf. Hilarity ensures.

Also, online PvP.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:33 21/10/2013 by longsh0t
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#160 Posted: 15:48:13 21/10/2013
Even if Wii can't patch, they could issue an updated game disk, and allow a free trade-in for everyone who bought the Wii version.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#161 Posted: 15:50:10 21/10/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Undead edition...every skylander dies and has to fight in the underworld to get back their bodies. Completely dark tone and at the end Skylands implodes.

Yeah great then we get a re-boot...no thank you sir.

I'm still thinking some kind of weapon of vehicle gimmick is next. Now that they've played around with magnets, there's no putting that Ninjini back in the bottle. I would also like to see them add moving joints to the head, arms and legs and have them detach from the base so they really can be action figures.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#162 Posted: 17:42:17 21/10/2013
Quote: swappers99
Quote: awesomerockets
Quote: LightSpyro13

I disagree with both of you, how about no reposes at all? Series +1 Figures as a whole gimmick is a ridiculous idea that is not only draining your money, but is also not even near worth it. I hate the fact that you have to buy the same figure AGAIN for $10 more, just for one new ability that's exclusive and a side mission (which is exactly the same as in the first game). Not much of an improvement and is way overpriced.

They should stop making more reposed figures and instead, just the give the wow pows to the original figures you already own without having to buy another. Not only would it do your wallet, piggy bank, and bank account a favor; but its not gonna Hurt Activision either. Even without reposes, they can still make a lot of money and it would make parents feel more comfortable about buying their kids the game itself. Soon, Parents will get mad and stop buying Skylanders for their kids, its just eating up more of their money.

It may seem alright for now, but in the future you will have lost over $1,000 on Skylanders figures if you continue to be scammed by Activision; that's the point of the game anyway. I don't know everything or even near everything but I'm sure: Unless you're a millionaire, we will all grow tired of Skylanders one day if Activision keeps this up.

You don't have to buy the reposes! And if you missed a character in their first run, you have another chance to purchase them

actually ya do, if ya wont the new abilaties

Quote: longsh0t

Spyro, Gill Grunt, Boomer and Eruptor go to Vegas for a Bachelor party. After a wild night, they wake up, realize Spyro is missing and retrace their steps to find their lost friend. Along the way they find a crazy Trigger Happy in the trunk of their car and Gill Grunt finds out he married a ninja name Stealth Elf. Hilarity ensures.

Also, online PvP.

Figures are made and return as series 1,2,3 etc because they want ppl who join the game to find the figures they need. Also keep in mind most parents buy their kids single packs or 1-2 triple packs. They are not like us buying everything. So ppl playing since SSA may not even have a prism break yet or a chop chop. So i think returning figures are fine, skip them if you don't want them, no one is FORCING you to buy them.

Also, hangover was such a good movie, hangover two was ok, the third I have yet to see.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#163 Posted: 17:52:03 21/10/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Even if Wii can't patch, they could issue an updated game disk, and allow a free trade-in for everyone who bought the Wii version.

It would cost them some but prob worth it in the end. I imagine they bring in more money on the figures then the game.
ironjack Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#164 Posted: 17:58:12 21/10/2013
I think Activision should introduce Crash Bandicoot to the Skylanders universe and build the next game around the characters from that property and merge the Spyro and Crash worlds......(think of the Toy possibilities!!!!)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#165 Posted: 18:02:04 21/10/2013
Merged the "Skylanders 4" topic with this one.
#166 Posted: 00:39:50 22/10/2013
They need a skylander who can control time
#167 Posted: 00:46:35 22/10/2013
Problem with that is, does it affect bosses as well? If so, OP, if not, useless. Like Crusher's stone vision.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#168 Posted: 01:26:17 22/10/2013
All I know is they better prioritize online 2-player co-op over 4-player couch co-op. I want to play online with other Skylander fans.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#169 Posted: 01:39:58 22/10/2013
Online PVP would be good but also a option to have the second player cpu controlled. It would make grinding out the PVP wins a little more fun.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#170 Posted: 02:06:47 22/10/2013
Quote: longsh0t

Also, online PvP.

You win an internets.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#171 Posted: 02:27:15 22/10/2013
Skylanders: Rivalries
Skylanders go raiding DisneyLand. Includes an all-new "Lawsuit" mode!

Skylanders: Possessed
Figures engraved with demonic symbols and made inside a temple in Haiti. They actually move, talk and try and kill people, both in the game and real world!

Skylanders: Broadway
The Skylanders become a sensational musical act. Features a story mode full of drama, romance, comedy, while you attempt to make sure you don't get fired. Meanwhile, a jealous Kaos tries to sabotage the act while wooing Roller Brawl. Features all new Skylanders, with new abilities like dancing, finding scandals, and managing! Also features a Tabloid Mode, where you and a rival opponent try and see who can get the other in more controversy!
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#172 Posted: 02:33:59 22/10/2013
I'd be happy if they took a year off to refine their ideas. Introduce new characters, but revisit old concepts so they don't feel so out of place. That feels like a good place to start.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#173 Posted: 02:38:35 22/10/2013
Micro skylanders.

That and a Frankenstein with electric powers
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#174 Posted: 02:52:16 22/10/2013
I hope they do series 4, and do 24 returnees, room for one s2,3, and 4.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#175 Posted: 03:51:19 22/10/2013
Here's the second biggest thing I want out of 4: give Erutpor, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt, Spyro, Cynder, and Trigger Happy a rest. We know you love them, we all have a soft spot for them. But we don't need any more toys of them. Anyone who collects em all including variants will now have 7 Eruptors, 6 Stealth Elfs, 6 Spyros...yeah we don't need any more.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#176 Posted: 04:03:33 22/10/2013
Just bring back swimming please. And guys who you need fire to hurt, and let's do guys that get hurt by electricity. Prism Break Whirlwind and maybe a couple others breaking crystals, earth and guys with explosives and drill/crushing weapons taking out rocks. I love having utility in the Skylanders to get through levels. Put the thinking and strategy to get through levels back.

As far as new game's theme, maybe dual element Skylanders. You'd have to skip the elements they are weak/strong against. So you'd have 20 combinations:

Water - Earth (Newt or frog lander)
Water - Air (Frost Dragon)
Water - Undead (Pirahna lander)
Water - Tech
Water - Magic (Troll Ice Mage)
Fire - Earth (half if fire fits here)
Fire - Life (Fire Ant lander)
Fire - Undead (Ghost Rider)
Fire - Tech (Troll in mini-walker)
Fire - Magic (the other half of fire fits here)
Life - Magic (Holy Dragon)
Life - Air (Praying Mantis Lander)
Life - earth
Life - Tech (Chem Warfare lander)
Undead - Tech
Undead - Earth (Zombie Dragon)
Undead - Air (Man-bat lander)
Magic - Earth
Magic - Air
Air - Tech (Mini-copter lander)

Lots of stuff that could be done. This is a nice number of new figures as it brings the grand total of unique landers to 100! Your guess is a good as mine with some of the holes. Swappers can fill in for "dual" gates these guys can't cover, retaining the need for old figures. Giants should also have an area every 4th level or so.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#177 Posted: 04:36:25 22/10/2013
How about a really long game with lots of levels that leverages ALL of the past & current figures & new portal and has NO NEW figures (and I mean NONE, NO NEW figures or anything plastic AT ALL!)

That way they can lay off our wallets for one complete cycle...

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#178 Posted: 18:14:07 22/10/2013
Still thinking they should make skylanders predators.....
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#179 Posted: 18:20:40 22/10/2013
Predators would be cool, I may work on that once I'm done with all of my current ideas I'm working on.
---
#hu
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#180 Posted: 20:21:02 22/10/2013
Skylanders Guardians. I would say Gods or Deities, but I don't want to cause religious controversies...

Since there are less or more than 200 Skylander characters, this makes one wonder about what they all have in common. They in their own group are comprised of 8 elements. The portal of power can only hold only 4 figures, so I'm thinking of creating 8 non-magnetic element Skylanders, each made of 4 pieces to make 1 character. Put all 4 pieces (Legs, Right Arm, Left Arm, Upper Body) onto the portal & you load a Skylander Guardian...

These 4 pieces of 1 Guardian can be mixed with the other 4 pieces of the other 7 Guardians, which makes numerous combinations of abilities...

Each piece is sold separately, like "Right Arm of Unnamed", "Legs of Unnamed", etc....

The downside of this idea is that since all 4 pieces of the Guardian fill the portal that can only hold 4 figures, only 1 player can control it. Besides, these Guardians are bigger than the Giants & are super-strong that it doesn't require 2 players to pass a Nightmare difficulty level...

An example of a Fire elemental Guardian would be, in my own vision, a Kaiser Dragon similar to the kind seen in either The Inheritance Cycle, Breath Of Fire series, or Dungeons & Dragons' Red Dragon...

As for the story of the 8 Guardians, they themselves in their own element, literally created all of Skylands that pre-date the time of the Giants...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:49:50 22/10/2013 by lordexodus
#181 Posted: 03:02:47 23/10/2013
So basically the elementals in SSF with some more added?
Kefran Yellow Sparx Gems: 1203
#182 Posted: 14:21:51 24/10/2013
It is Activision so I think Giants and Swap force could evolve like "Modern Warfare" and "Black Ops" did. I would not be surprised with the following:

Skylanders 4 = Giants 2
Skylanders 5 = Swap Force 2

I see a lot of similarities in the way Activision manages CoD and Skylanders franchises.

In addition Giants and Swap concepts both have remaining potential. Giants because there were only 8 of them and swap force because it is a very good idea !
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#183 Posted: 16:49:37 24/10/2013
Quote: Kefran
It is Activision so I think Giants and Swap force could evolve like "Modern Warfare" and "Black Ops" did. I would not be surprised with the following:

Skylanders 4 = Giants 2
Skylanders 5 = Swap Force 2

I see a lot of similarities in the way Activision manages CoD and Skylanders franchises.

In addition Giants and Swap concepts both have remaining potential. Giants because there were only 8 of them and swap force because it is a very good idea !

I agree, from a gimmick stand point all they need to really do right now is expand.

They could literally call it Spyro's Adventure II, add 8 more Giants, 8 more Swappers, 16 more cores, and call it a day.

Anything beyond that - I'd modify the portal for gameplay purposes, maybe a larger focus on items that function as 'mods', not like the temporary stuff we have now, but consistent damage modifiers, health regens, higher jumping (access hidden places), character properties - like a chrome layer that reflects projectiles, etc.
- Unreall
#184 Posted: 00:10:06 25/10/2013
skylanders: mecha force.

2 giant "mecha" skylanders for each element. they could fit any normal skylander. giants are mecha sized in game, swappers get... special advantages.

the plotline takes a pacific rim standing point. the enemies are just too big.

the enemies would consist of anything from arkeyan robots to the fire viper to deformed elementals and other things.

there would be online, leaderboards, local 4 player, ect.

and there would be blindbagged "nanos" that can get inside enemies to kill em'
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#185 Posted: 00:14:43 25/10/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
skylanders: mecha force.

2 giant "mecha" skylanders for each element. they could fit any normal skylander. giants are mecha sized in game, swappers get... special advantages.

the plotline takes a pacific rim standing point. the enemies are just too big.

the enemies would consist of anything from arkeyan robots to the fire viper to deformed elementals and other things.

there would be online, leaderboards, local 4 player, ect.

and there would be blindbagged "nanos" that can get inside enemies to kill em'

Ok so
Ex
Rattle shake goes in to a mech calling a tech one "Wispy wiper " a robosaur he gets more money?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#186 Posted: 00:21:20 25/10/2013
no.
swappers cannot go in mechs. they can use their movement types to preform special mega-attacks on enemies.
#187 Posted: 02:10:17 25/10/2013
Problem is that people will complain that their old collections will not be so useful.
But a cool idea, figures that any core can fit in...
---
#188 Posted: 02:23:04 25/10/2013
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE

swappers can unlock new zones and unlock "Zone powers" that can be combined in HUNDREDS of different combinations to make the mega attacks. Each top and bottom can unlock up to 10 "zone powers"

Plus, mecha ideas:

Tentacrush: a lobster kraken with a variety of attacks

Scuba: a classic deep sea diver with a trident

King Tough: a pharaoh with a scorpion staff that curses enemies and summons pyramid mines

Wreck Tyrant: a robot dinosaur that turns into an attack copter!
#189 Posted: 02:26:50 25/10/2013
Seems bad to me because huge bad guys = no regs. So the ones that you spent THOUSANDS on can't go in? bull****.
---
#190 Posted: 02:27:59 25/10/2013
You can complete a level with a normal, some "mecha zones" are optional.
#191 Posted: 02:28:56 25/10/2013
Made a topic about it.
---
#192 Posted: 02:30:25 25/10/2013
Where?
#193 Posted: 02:33:16 25/10/2013
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=87905&post=4726750]ZapNorris[/url]]Where?[/quote]

Fandom
---
#194 Posted: 02:34:54 25/10/2013
I don't see it
#195 Posted: 14:54:45 25/10/2013
How about customizable portal master figures, one for each element? They would come with multiple swappable parts, and in-game customization, and have lots of unique powers.
I made a blog about it, a long time ago, before SF was announced: http://skylanders.wikia.com/wi...Master_Figures!
---
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#196 Posted: 10:44:15 31/10/2013
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Just bring back swimming please. And guys who you need fire to hurt, and let's do guys that get hurt by electricity. Prism Break Whirlwind and maybe a couple others breaking crystals, earth and guys with explosives and drill/crushing weapons taking out rocks. I love having utility in the Skylanders to get through levels. Put the thinking and strategy to get through levels back.

As far as new game's theme, maybe dual element Skylanders. You'd have to skip the elements they are weak/strong against. So you'd have 20 combinations:

Water - Earth (Newt or frog lander)
Water - Air (Frost Dragon)
Water - Undead (Pirahna lander)
Water - Tech
Water - Magic (Troll Ice Mage)
Fire - Earth (half if fire fits here)
Fire - Life (Fire Ant lander)
Fire - Undead (Ghost Rider)
Fire - Tech (Troll in mini-walker)
Fire - Magic (the other half of fire fits here)
Life - Magic (Holy Dragon)
Life - Air (Praying Mantis Lander)
Life - earth
Life - Tech (Chem Warfare lander)
Undead - Tech
Undead - Earth (Zombie Dragon)
Undead - Air (Man-bat lander)
Magic - Earth
Magic - Air
Air - Tech (Mini-copter lander)

Lots of stuff that could be done. This is a nice number of new figures as it brings the grand total of unique landers to 100! Your guess is a good as mine with some of the holes. Swappers can fill in for "dual" gates these guys can't cover, retaining the need for old figures. Giants should also have an area every 4th level or so.

I can't remember when I got inspired for this idea, but, I think it should still do the opposites, but make them a little deformed looking, so you get the idea that they are opposites. Also, don't just don't just do a fire-magic, do a magic-fire too.
---
#hu
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#197 Posted: 19:10:45 31/10/2013
My Skylanders Guardians idea is better...

Heh heh heh...

Also, each Guardian piece gives a Skylander a stats power boost...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#198 Posted: 19:15:28 31/10/2013
Quote: lordexodus
My Skylanders Guardians idea is better...

Heh heh heh...

Also, each Guardian piece gives a Skylander a stats power boost...

that is, as what you think....

I honestly don't care, only one thing matters to me

NO MORE STEALTH ELF, GIVE ME START STRIKE INSTEAD!!!
killercore007 Green Sparx Gems: 431
#199 Posted: 19:16:52 31/10/2013
Since it's here:

For me I'd do this:

Features

Bank:
Self explainitory, also can purchase upgrades, items etc with the stored money.

More moves:
Each new repose can buy 5 additional moves in addition to the stock ones but only 2 can be equipped at one time

Research Lab:
Basically, you can boost skylander stats and other things here using gold.
Examples are things like damage,(yes, you can increase base damage though cost wise, you'll have to work for it)gold gain rate, exp gain rate, etc.

Multi-battles:
These are battles which you and other AI skylanders fight at one time(you'd either "store" thier data into the system then select them when it comes up or you can also place and remove figures for selecting ones you want

New charm system:
Like SSA and Giants having heroic challenges, this game gives charm points whenever you add a new skylander to your collection. These charm points can be used to buy and upgrade charms in a shop. After certain milestones, you get charm slot tokens, which is used to get rarer , better, charms and other things. These tokens refresh daily(like the signpost in SF).
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me