First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
skylanders 4 whats your idea
swappers99 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#101 Posted: 17:29:22 26/09/2013 | Topic Creator
i think of things like that sometimes.
---
sorry, www.DarkSpyro.com can not show you this users post.
dr0b0t117 Green Sparx Gems: 107
#102 Posted: 19:18:08 26/09/2013
Well my idea was skylanders different dimension where only 8 skylanders get sucked into a vortex (made by kaos) and end up in a world where eon is evil and kaos is good and you can play as the guys you usually face (like Mohawk cycops, arkean jouster, drow spearman, ect.) And of course the eight skylanders that got sucked into the vortex. This could introduce the new elements we've talked about (like time, acid, and space) and if it got popular enough they could make a giant sequal where you can play as arkeyan juggernauts or drow goliaths
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"ATTRACT TO ATTACK"-smilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#103 Posted: 23:13:59 26/09/2013
New elements could have been released when the core of light was destroyed. That be simple and tie into the old story line. The core of light is a highly magical artifact and its effects unstable no one would be able to predict when it exploded in the first game. Easy idea to make more characters and such. Now koas or insert new viillan iis trying to harness the power of the new elements and take over skylands. Blah blah story story story
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#104 Posted: 23:39:54 26/09/2013
I want a "Cosmic" element. I think the whole "Magic" element was a simple element that the made up for those they couldn't put anywhere else...That being said here's how they rework magic to cosmic:

Spyro = Fire (Duh)
VooDood = Earth (Come on he's an Orc)
Wrecking Ball = Air (He breaks wind, it's not a huge stretch and he's fast)
PopFizz = Tech (He's an Alchemist)
Trap Shadow = Tech (he stealths and uses traps)

Double Trouble = Cosmic
Ninjini = Cosmic
Star Strike = Cosmic
Dunebug = Cosmic
Hoot Loop = Cosmic

I personally think they made a mistake with Light Cores. They should have reserved Light Cores for a "Light" element and a "Dark" element. The Light ones could have been brighter more vivid colors and the Dark ones could have used purple or dark blue lights....but I doubt this will ever happen since the game is in full swing.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#105 Posted: 23:44:05 26/09/2013
4 new elements

space
darkness
time
toxic
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#106 Posted: 04:30:06 27/09/2013
Isn't that the op from the other topic? Lol and that's not an idea
#107 Posted: 04:41:55 27/09/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
1. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Skylanders is not perfect (or even near perfect) and there's a Giant Sized Room for Improvement.

We get it. Man I was defending you in another topic but I'm rethinking my stance. We are talking about possible new additions not what's wrong with the game unless it relates to a possible change/improvement. You can't pull the "it's my opinion" crap here since we ALL know your stance. I will be the first to say that EVERYONE'S opinion is valid (well most are at any rate) but this is going beyond soap boxing. Suggest something you'd like to see in future installments or think will be in the next game, otherwise move on.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#108 Posted: 05:37:20 27/09/2013
I think skylanders four will go with possibility of a 4-player game. I do hope they take some time with the next game. I also think they need to stop reposing some figures and retire them. I feel so far with what we have seen of swap force and the variants is that they are trying to make as much cash as they can. I think anything that hits series 3 needs to take a break in 4. They whole point of 4 could be to save the core skylanders that kaos has either taken/captured or turned into dark evil (kaos alliance). You would battle against spyro to free him and the others. Add only 8 new figures and 8 returning series 2: repose ghost roaster, sunburn, boomer, voodood, dino-rang and a water/life/air that has no series 2 (maybe shroomboom/swarm/thumpback). Update there moves and make them more appealing and fun.

So the max we could see is 8 new skylanders
8 repose

OR

A game where a new villain comes into play, maybe even kaos mom or dad double crossing him. They cause great harm to the skylanders and to Kaos. Kaos has no choice but to team-up with the few skylanders that aren't captured/ are left. More then likely he will also plan to "double cross" the skylanders and will joke about it on screen but away from them etc.

Game would have the following

8 Villians (think spell punks, trolls, chompy's etc)
8 Returning (see above)
8 new skylanders/lost skylanders

Leave the total at 24 figures. Let stores clear out all the old items of SS/Giants/Swap Force. Then in Skylanders 5 they can return some figures again. I feel this needs to happen to clear out stuff. Ppl that want the older ones for the new will buy them.

I really hope something along this works. Cause i feel the fact I may see an SSA/Giant/Swap force of the same figure on a shelf is going to get very confusing for ppl. Like say SSA whirlwind next to giants whirlwind next to swap force whirlwind. I just hope they don't cause this game to become another Guitar Hero as I am playing thru SSA now for the first time and honestly feel that SSA story wise so far is cooler then Giants. I hope a return to that happens.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:44:45 27/09/2013 by SlayerX11
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#109 Posted: 08:41:26 27/09/2013
^ The one complaint I have about this post is your idea of who to repose from those elements.
I agree that Shroomboom definitely needs a repose to be more fun and useful than the underpowered uselessness / spammy boringness he is now, but Swarm and Thumpback are already powerful and fun enough and were already promoted enough during Giants.

No, Warnado definitely deserves the repose for Air. I'm not saying this just because I like him, but because he felt too underpowered in Giants' harder difficulty, and his "Whittler" play style becomes very repetitive eventually. Also, his LightCore pose is just lame!
Lightning Rod would be a great choice for similar reasons, but he still holds his own in terms of power, and already got a repose.

As for Water, I think Slam Bam should get a repose to make him more fun. He's powerful, but his gameplay style isn't very interesting.
I think Wham-Shell could be a good choice for the same reason. I know he's getting a LightCore repose now, but LightCores are just a laughing stock. All of Water has been reposed anyway, so I think this is fair.
Rip Tide gives off the vibe that he would also be a decent choice, for some reason.

I feel like they shouldn't repose Giants/SWAP/gimmick landers, because then more people would be upset when their favourites of them don't get reposed. As it is now, most people seem to just accept it as that they're never going to. Besides, all the Giants were already powerful enough to last at least a couple more games from now. I think the reposes that should be done first are a) ones that were only given a figure during SSA, or b) were underpowered or had uninteresting play styles.
Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
#110 Posted: 10:40:43 27/09/2013
Skylanders:The Age of mutation
Plot: Kaos Wants to get revenge on the skylanders for beating him in swap force, so he steals parts of the core of light and uses them to create a mutation gun, since its made of the core of light, the beam only affects skylanders, Kaos is using the device to make all skylanders "mutants" and make them fight for him. He uses a time machine to go to the future and kidnaps future skylanders to fight for him. To defeat mutations, you must use mutations.New mutation skylanders are mutated with a potion included in their pack. In the starter pack you get 2 mutation skylanders and a series 4 skylander. Previous skylanders can also mutate but they must be series 4. If you use a mutation potion, your skylander will become mutated for that level, gaining double health and increased stats (like mega evolution)
There will be 16 new mutation skylanders, 24 previous skylanders will become series 4 and there will be 16 lightcore and 16 core. At the end of every level there will be a mini boss battle with a mutated skylander, every 4 levels or so, the boss battle will be attended to by Kaos who will help the evil mutation skylander. The final boss battle will be a Mutated Kaos, Also, At the end of every level, you will get a piece of the core of light for beating the mini boss. You are able to play as previous skylanders but they won't mutate unless you have a series 4.

I think my idea is ok... Buying series 4 won't just be for the wow pow but It will also be for the mutation
Ps: You don't need a mutation skylander to beat the game, you need them to get past Super elemental zones which require you to mutate as a certain element.
---
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#111 Posted: 14:01:28 27/09/2013
mutation gun is probably too close to the evilizer, but I like the idea of a pop fizz type idea where you can change your character at will with additional battle characteristics.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#112 Posted: 16:37:31 28/09/2013
What shadowfox said is what i meant...
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#113 Posted: 16:48:14 28/09/2013
about grandmasters oh so many (1) pag(es) ago
---
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#114 Posted: 19:02:59 28/09/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
I think skylanders four will go with possibility of a 4-player game. I do hope they take some time with the next game. I also think they need to stop reposing some figures and retire them. I feel so far with what we have seen of swap force and the variants is that they are trying to make as much cash as they can. I think anything that hits series 3 needs to take a break in 4. They whole point of 4 could be to save the core skylanders that kaos has either taken/captured or turned into dark evil (kaos alliance). You would battle against spyro to free him and the others. Add only 8 new figures and 8 returning series 2: repose ghost roaster, sunburn, boomer, voodood, dino-rang and a water/life/air that has no series 2 (maybe shroomboom/swarm/thumpback). Update there moves and make them more appealing and fun.

8 repose

OR

A game where a new villain comes into play, maybe even kaos mom or dad double crossing him. They cause great harm to the skylanders and to Kaos. Kaos has no choice but to team-up with the few skylanders that aren't captured/ are left. More then likely he will also plan to "double cross" the skylanders and will joke about it on screen but away from them etc.

8 Returning (see above)

Leave the total at 24 figures. Let stores clear out all the old items of SS/Giants/Swap Force. Then in Skylanders 5 they can return some figures again. I feel this needs to happen to clear out stuff. Ppl that want the older ones for the new will buy them.

I really hope something along this works. Cause i feel the fact I may see an SSA/Giant/Swap force of the same figure on a shelf is going to get very confusing for ppl. Like say SSA whirlwind next to giants whirlwind next to swap force whirlwind. I just hope they don't cause this game to become another Guitar Hero as I am playing thru SSA now for the first time and honestly feel that SSA story wise so far is cooler then Giants. I hope a return to that happens.

Quote: Arc of Archives
^ The one complaint I have about this post is your idea of who to repose from those elements.
I agree that Shroomboom definitely needs a repose to be more fun and useful than the underpowered uselessness / spammy boringness he is now, but Swarm and Thumpback are already powerful and fun enough and were already promoted enough during Giants.

No, Warnado definitely deserves the repose for Air. I'm not saying this just because I like him, but because he felt too underpowered in Giants' harder difficulty, and his "Whittler" play style becomes very repetitive eventually. Also, his LightCore pose is just lame!
Lightning Rod would be a great choice for similar reasons, but he still holds his own in terms of power, and already got a repose.

As for Water, I think Slam Bam should get a repose to make him more fun. He's powerful, but his gameplay style isn't very interesting.
I think Wham-Shell could be a good choice for the same reason. I know he's getting a LightCore repose now, but LightCores are just a laughing stock. All of Water has been reposed anyway, so I think this is fair.
Rip Tide gives off the vibe that he would also be a decent choice, for some reason.

I feel like they shouldn't repose Giants/SWAP/gimmick landers, because then more people would be upset when their favourites of them don't get reposed. As it is now, most people seem to just accept it as that they're never going to. Besides, all the Giants were already powerful enough to last at least a couple more games from now. I think the reposes that should be done first are a) ones that were only given a figure during SSA, or b) were underpowered or had uninteresting play styles.

I disagree with both of you, how about no reposes at all? Series +1 Figures as a whole gimmick is a ridiculous idea that is not only draining your money, but is also not even near worth it. I hate the fact that you have to buy the same figure AGAIN for $10 more, just for one new ability that's exclusive and a side mission (which is exactly the same as in the first game). Not much of an improvement and is way overpriced.

They should stop making more reposed figures and instead, just the give the wow pows to the original figures you already own without having to buy another. Not only would it do your wallet, piggy bank, and bank account a favor; but its not gonna Hurt Activision either. Even without reposes, they can still make a lot of money and it would make parents feel more comfortable about buying their kids the game itself. Soon, Parents will get mad and stop buying Skylanders for their kids, its just eating up more of their money.

It may seem alright for now, but in the future you will have lost over $1,000 on Skylanders figures if you continue to be scammed by Activision; that's the point of the game anyway. I don't know everything or even near everything but I'm sure: Unless you're a millionaire, we will all grow tired of Skylanders one day if Activision keeps this up.
---
Fins, of fury!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#115 Posted: 19:11:38 28/09/2013

8 repose

OR

8 Returning (see above)

I disagree with both of you, how about no reposes at all? Series +1 Figures as a whole gimmick is a ridiculous idea that is not only draining your money, but is also not even near worth it. I hate the fact that you have to buy the same figure AGAIN for $10 more, just for one new ability that's exclusive and a side mission (which is exactly the same as in the first game). Not much of an improvement and is way overpriced.

They should stop making more reposed figures and instead, just the give the wow pows to the original figures you already own without having to buy another. Not only would it do your wallet, piggy bank, and bank account a favor; but its not gonna Hurt Activision either. Even without reposes, they can still make a lot of money and it would make parents feel more comfortable about buying their kids the game itself. Soon, Parents will get mad and stop buying Skylanders for their kids, its just eating up more of their money.

It may seem alright for now, but in the future you will have lost over $1,000 on Skylanders figures if you continue to be scammed by Activision; that's the point of the game anyway. I don't know everything or even near everything but I'm sure: Unless you're a millionaire, we will all grow tired of Skylanders one day if Activision keeps this up.

You don't have to buy the reposes! And if you missed a character in their first run, you have another chance to purchase them
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#116 Posted: 20:14:08 28/09/2013
Also, the reposes are to keep us playing the old skylanders. Imagine if they didn't release reposes, then the old skylanders start to get dusty, all alone, on their shelf, picture that,.
---
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#117 Posted: 02:09:15 29/09/2013
Quote: awesomerockets

8 repose

OR

8 Returning (see above)

You don't have to buy the reposes! And if you missed a character in their first run, you have another chance to purchase them

Yeah I know it isn't mandatory, but its still a big flaw nonetheless. If you think about it, its bad enough that Skylanders forces you to buy characters locked on the disc $9 each, $9 is a ridiculous amount to pay for one character (especially when it only has 3 moves and one repetitive side mission).

Then, they're reposing that figure with a new exclusive ability and a side mission (which happens to be the same as the first game's), which are also locked on the disc. You have to pay another $9 AGAIN if you want that new ability, which is even more ridiculous.

Missing a first chance to get a character is no excuse for this, AT ALL. They could've just let the Series 1 figures Wow Pows without having to buy a slightly upgraded one to replace it, and Activision still continue to sell the originals (including the 8 forgotten ones) even through Giants' lifespan. Even if you did miss your chance, they could've just re-released the Series 1 Figures instead of remodeling it, that is not creative. They would still make money while doing your wallet and bank account a favor. Sorry to say this, but your chance logic is soooo false and weak, it changes nothing.

Quote: assassinelf
Also, the reposes are to keep us playing the old skylanders. Imagine if they didn't release reposes, then the old skylanders start to get dusty, all alone, on their shelf, picture that,.

That is not an in-game flaw, its the fact you, yourself abandoned them. Buying a Repose IS the reason why you would abandon the Series 1s and leave them abandoned on the shelf. You know what they say: Out with the old and in with the New, Most People would often abandon their Series 1 figures for their reposes unless they're doing Co-op play.

If reposes never existed though (which they shouldn't), it would give more of a reason to keep your original toys. Not only would they still get the wow pows, but you wouldn't have to buy them again just for 1 small upgrade.
---
Fins, of fury!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#118 Posted: 03:45:37 29/09/2013

Yeah I know it isn't mandatory, but its still a big flaw nonetheless. If you think about it, its bad enough that Skylanders forces you to buy characters locked on the disc $9 each, $9 is a ridiculous amount to pay for one character (especially when it only has 3 moves and one repetitive side mission).

Then, they're reposing that figure with a new exclusive ability and a side mission (which happens to be the same as the first game's), which are also locked on the disc. You have to pay another $9 AGAIN if you want that new ability, which is even more ridiculous.

Missing a first chance to get a character is no excuse for this, AT ALL. They could've just let the Series 1 figures Wow Pows without having to buy a slightly upgraded one to replace it, and Activision still continue to sell the originals (including the 8 forgotten ones) even through Giants' lifespan. Even if you did miss your chance, they could've just re-released the Series 1 Figures instead of remodeling it, that is not creative. They would still make money while doing your wallet and bank account a favor. Sorry to say this, but your chance logic is soooo false and weak, it changes nothing.

Well I tried! Who's next?
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#119 Posted: 10:33:52 29/09/2013

You're correct, but let's be blunt here, this is Activision so they won't drop it because it is making them more money with less cost. It is giving them more to swim in and all they need to do is give TFB/VV dollars to come up with one extra power and a new pose for an old character.
And LightCores are just the same in a new pose and a little bit lit up, and recolours are just that, recolours. They know many people- including myself- are suckers and will buy it over and over because we love collecting and we love the game.

Try developing a new Skylander. It is much more difficult than quickly pitching a few ideas for an upgrade and tacking that on to an old character. That is why Acti do it, so little work needed but they are making extra money.

I'd love if they just made it one disc per gen and added DLC to it- but it ain't gonna happen.
#120 Posted: 14:57:40 02/10/2013 | Topic Creator

8 repose

OR

8 Returning (see above)

actually ya do, if ya wont the new abilaties
---
#121 Posted: 15:01:51 02/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: wreckingballbob
Quote: Slobbertooth123
I actually have another idea for skylanders 4. Kaos finds a time machine and uses it to alter the past off all the skylanders. So spyro and the only new skylander a time altering skylander go and stop kaos from altering history

That could happen.

Then Eon gets new Skylanders.

And you can use old one because it doesn't affect the real world.

Ugh. Word One and World Two...DC did this already and this was confusing enough for adults. Imagine poor Johnny's head exploding trying to comprehend the plot.

that is it DC gets defeated and sent to skylands!
---
#122 Posted: 15:03:15 02/10/2013 | Topic Creator
for my qoute

U RCK T GIV MI ANSWER
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#123 Posted: 15:15:35 02/10/2013
So for new elements...

We'd have 4. They'd have 5 skylanders, one of which is Lightcore.

For the classics, there are 4 new cores, 3 s2/3/4 and one Lightcore
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#124 Posted: 15:25:05 02/10/2013

Quote: assassinelf

That is not an in-game flaw, its the fact you, yourself abandoned them. Buying a Repose IS the reason why you would abandon the Series 1s and leave them abandoned on the shelf. You know what they say: Out with the old and in with the New, Most People would often abandon their Series 1 figures for their reposes unless they're doing Co-op play.

If reposes never existed though (which they shouldn't), it would give more of a reason to keep your original toys. Not only would they still get the wow pows, but you wouldn't have to buy them again just for 1 small upgrade.

basickly what you said about buyng s2/s1 characters, i just notices a s1 stealth elf hidden behind some books, i completely understand what you mean smilie
#125 Posted: 15:54:06 02/10/2013
This is slightly directed at LightSpyro but is also a general observation regarding the remade figs. Reprints, remakes, series 1, 2 or 27, etc. are industry standard. It's been happening in the toy industry for decades and isn't going to change. I mean come on let's look at the history here from other franchises here.

How many Bumble Bees, Optimus Primes, Darth Vaders, Luke Skywalkers, Leonardos, Raphaels, Mikeys, Donneys, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadows, Barbies, Kens, (Insert My Little Pony names here), Buzz Light Years, Woodys, I think you get my drift...not enough??? Lets change over to collectables.

How many Magic Card Reprints have their been, Pikachus, Blastoises, (insert any successful card game here), Spider Man Comics, X-Men Comics, Super Man Comics, Bat Man comics, blah blah blah and etc.

Do I really need to go over video games...I think not.

My point is that the Toy/Collectible/Video Game industries like to give us something new while giving us some left overs as well. It's been going on for decades. You always have a choice not to double dip. You always have a choice not to participate or simply take what you want and leave the rest (Salad Bar Style). To get worked up over this concept is like yelling at the wind...futile. Get the Skylanders you love and are interested in and leave the others. Swap Force is adding 32 new Skylanders on top of the double dips so you really have nothing to complain about as far as new concepts and figures go since we are also getting a new graphics engine and jump. I'm not necessarily saying you shouldn't complain if you have a valid beef but I don't see how you could at this point.

/rant

O.k. back to Skylanders 4. Along with possibly adding new elements I want Wham-Shell to have his own adventure pack that involves him taking back his kingdom from those oil drilling trolls that took it from him in the first place. Plus an aquatic level is something that I believe a lot of people would want to play. AND OMG with the addition of Riptide and Punk Shock the list of aquatic peeps increases (as in breathing under water for extended periods of time shouldn't be an issue). THE KING NEEDS TO BE RESTORED TO HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE!!!!!! Plus how awesome would it be to get more crustacean Skylanders?!?!?! A Lobster, Hermit Crab, Horse Shoe Crab, etc....Man that would rock.
Lilly Windwave Red Sparx Gems: 59
#126 Posted: 05:08:31 21/10/2013
what the heck would be in that!? I mean, I'll buy it if it looks good enough. but after swappable skylanders... man, they've done it all! any ideas about the fourth?
---
Hey You! Tweet this! Just saw swap force today, and they swapped mah pants! #swapforce #yomama
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#127 Posted: 05:12:35 21/10/2013
If they don't fix these customer satisfaction issues with 3 we won't have to worry about #4.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#128 Posted: 05:38:30 21/10/2013
Why do they need a special gimmik?? They should focus on the game itself. A few new Skykanders and an awesome game is enough.
---
i am trash
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#129 Posted: 05:47:09 21/10/2013
There will be a fourth for sure, Skylanders is not ready to stop yet. And I'm sure they will find a new original gimmick smilie

Quote: GhostRoaster
If they don't fix these customer satisfaction issues with 3 we won't have to worry about #4.

*Sigh* Problems on Wii and a few minors bugs won't stop them from creating more games.
---
bye
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#130 Posted: 05:50:14 21/10/2013
Kaos' dad...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
#131 Posted: 05:54:46 21/10/2013
Quote: lordexodus
Kaos' dad...

oh yes >: D
---
Hey You! Tweet this! Just saw swap force today, and they swapped mah pants! #swapforce #yomama
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#132 Posted: 06:27:32 21/10/2013
Quote: Lilly Windwave
Quote: lordexodus
Kaos' dad...

oh yes >: D

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!!!!!!!! NOT THIS AGAIN!! NOW WHY!!!
---
#hu
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#133 Posted: 07:34:38 21/10/2013
I was a bit sad that they didn't make new giants. But I agree what else is there? I hope they actually listen to customer reviews instead of critics. They are not my spokesmen.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#134 Posted: 07:49:52 21/10/2013
How bout' guys who can change armor, weapons, etc. or where there are dual skylanders, like fire/water, fire/air, etc.
---
#hu
#135 Posted: 07:59:15 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
how about skylanders: elemental secrets? i know it sounds wierd but here is the plot:there is a huge war between eons forces and kaos'. kaos is about to eliminate his enemy's when new skylanders stop him and make an end to the war. kaos swears revenge and disappears. the skylanders (old) argue over what element they are. eon tells them that they have told him that they're elements are: war pollution electric time spacephysics etc.

this (and your idea/s) had better make it!

good luck, and may the force be with you
---
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#136 Posted: 08:18:07 21/10/2013
Hmm. Its a thought. Like a new form of swappers. But they tend to keep the weapons to their respectable figures.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SkyMum Blue Sparx Gems: 731
#137 Posted: 09:40:37 21/10/2013
I still reckon it might be bad guys related. How cool would that be!? Kaos, chompies, the list of characters would be huge! But the battles you could have with existing characters would be awesome!
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#138 Posted: 09:44:06 21/10/2013
Since the swaplanders seem to be well enough received, I imagine they'll keep that gimmick around and add another sixteen figures into the mix - maybe with eight different powers for the bases.

Just the ability to advertise "Now customize your Skylanders with over ONE THOUSAND possible combinations!" would make it worth it when it comes to advertising the game.

Add in a gimmick like an "evil alternate dimension" where Kaos can recruit and use any or all of those 1,024 Evil Swaplanders as sub-bosses, and you've got your game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:45:12 21/10/2013 by Peridot Weapon
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#139 Posted: 10:08:05 21/10/2013
Maybe they can add Crash Bandicoot this time or maybe not...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#140 Posted: 10:09:45 21/10/2013
I expect them to come up with a new gimmick, make 8-16 new figures for that, add in a few new core figures and be done.
This is the third generation of the game and to be honest I expected more. Don't think I will be buying a 4th.
The potential they have wasted annoys me greatly.
#141 Posted: 10:57:05 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
nother idea! not the game, but a skylander! a ghost skylander that possess' enemy's!
---
#142 Posted: 12:47:31 21/10/2013
I agree with Peridot Weapon's "evil zone" Idea, that would be pretty cool!
---
Pirg Blue Sparx Gems: 592
#143 Posted: 12:53:14 21/10/2013
How about online multiplayer. Almost like a MMO style...with bigger bosses that you'll need 4 or 5 people to beat.

The more I play the more I keep thinking how awesome this would be to fight really big boss.....or team death match? CTF?
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#144 Posted: 13:15:44 21/10/2013
Quote: Pirg
How about online multiplayer. Almost like a MMO style...with bigger bosses that you'll need 4 or 5 people to beat.

The more I play the more I keep thinking how awesome this would be to fight really big boss.....or team death match? CTF?

This this this this this!
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#145 Posted: 13:37:32 21/10/2013
I don't imagine online to ever feature much in Skylanders, considering their target market there just isn't a way to make it safe enough.

They don't even do downloaded updates!

I for one would like DLC (I have the Expansion pack Darklight Crypt, I mean DLC in it's normal use!) where you could download more challenging levels with a harder platforming element and puzzles, more "hidden" things to discover etc.

If they did this and made it possible to patch in new figures to the older games it would be amazing. I can just imagine Swappers making it back into the older Giants game smilie

They definitely need levels that make more use of the swapper abilities. Just having the gates is pretty poor.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#146 Posted: 13:37:59 21/10/2013
Quote: Pirg

And my drobot will solo it all moohahahahahha
I think we could have 4 new figures each with 2 elements at the same time (like Drill Mage for tech/magic and Zombpup for undead/life)

Here are 2 others for my idea
Hotspring (a springy fish that is on fire) water/fire
Deswind (A sandstorm summoning Beatle) earth/wind

They get be called Dual Team
Skylander Dual team has a nice ring to it
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#147 Posted: 13:59:40 21/10/2013
I'm still betting it's where you control multiple 'landers at once. Special "Swarmers" allow you to lock up to three Swarmers together and control all three at once! And, 8 Sw4mers are returning characters who can also sync up with other Swarmers. To fit, they'd ahve to be a bit smaller, with pedestals half the regular size.
Oh, and random boss generators! And epic, grand environments that allow open flight!
Lots of possibilities...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#148 Posted: 14:26:09 21/10/2013
To be honest, I don't see them doing anything truly groundbreaking next game- probably another thing similar to the Giants, where they generally play differently but don't really feel like they couldn't do them before- or, they continue with the SWAP gimmick, which I have doubts about(but I would hope for that because I would LOVE more swappers, I don't want that a one-time gimmick just forgotten because it's one of the biggest innovations since SA and it made those toys exciting like they were at the start).

I mean, now they have toys that come to life that you can break apart to change the attacks of. Where can they really go from here? I suppose that they could go even further with the SWAP mechanic and make it so they have weapons you can use to swap all three attacks and not just the second one with the first and third, but that would just be more like a tune-up. They could make figures with voice clips but I don't see how that would affect gameplay. I can only see a Giants-esque glorified gimmick, to be honest. Let's just hope that they surprise us. smilie

I wouldn't mind a simple tune up as long as it really fixed most of the problems the series has and made the game longer and more involving again. SF had a lot of issues I would like to see addressed. I've only seen it about ten times and I'm already sick of hearing Rufus greeting my landers into Woodburrow, and I miss getting to be more of a part of the adventure directly, and while the chapters have a lot of variety, it's still very hard to ignore how there are so few of them. I'll be a bit light on them because this is the first time VV worked on the console version and they had to re-build a lot of stuff, but now that the foundations are set TFB should really address some of the things that have been annoying in all three iterations for Sky4. They don't need a big gimmick every game. Right now, I'd rather see them just focus on improving the franchise. I'm starting to get tired of the thing as a whole because of some problems that they have refused to fix and stayed persistent(why is there STILL no option to disable cutscenes and go through a "play-only" mode?).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:28:48 21/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#149 Posted: 14:35:09 21/10/2013
scoremode at the end of the game skips cut scenes
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#150 Posted: 14:38:12 21/10/2013
Maybe they'll surprise us, I mean, I wasn;t expecting such an innovation with Swap Force.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me