Page 1 of 1
female for fire element? [CLOSED]
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#1 Posted: 06:47:55 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
cross ur fingers and i hope they do add a female dragon or someting but fire needs female undead already has 2 roller brawl and hex
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#2 Posted: 07:16:11 02/03/2013
And Cynder.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#3 Posted: 07:21:26 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
oh yeah forgot so 3 females
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#4 Posted: 08:17:30 02/03/2013
http://www.google.co.nz/imgres...=28&tx=76&ty=47

this is what i thought of when i saw the title ;p

classic.
spyroblue Green Sparx Gems: 351
#5 Posted: 09:26:05 02/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion

classic.

Activision would nerd the boobs and the butt for sure
---
"Crazy is as Crazy does!"
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#6 Posted: 13:29:06 02/03/2013
How about something like this
[User Posted Image]
(I have no idea where I found the image though)
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:28 02/03/2013 by Kiroq
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#7 Posted: 13:32:56 02/03/2013
That would be cool to have a female fire element.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 15:23:51 02/03/2013
In terms of genders in case anyone was wondering:
Magic: 5 Males
Tech: 4 Males, one Female. With the reveal of Countdown, that's 5 Males.
Life: 4 Males, one Female.
Undead: 3 Males, 3 Females. (newest is Rollerbrawl)
Water: 4 Males, one Female
Fire: 5 Males
Earth: 4 Males, one female
Air: 3 Males, 2 females

As of now, Fire and Magic are the most male-driven groups. Magic does have one female, but it's a giant so I didn't include it because chances are we won't be getting any "new" Giants.

I'd wager we'll get a female core Magic character (maybe a "good Witch" ala Gilda from Wizard of Oz? haha) and probably a core female Fire character (I dunno about that though. Female dragon of some sort?)

Arguably, it's kind of debatable if they're gonna introduce a female Swaplander though. I think it'd be nice to have one, but I can see some soccer mom starting something dumb and then it all gets crazy from there.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#9 Posted: 18:41:34 02/03/2013
I definitely agree that having a few more female Skylanders would be great, especially for Magic and Fire, due to the points raised above.

I also find it amusing that I'm not the only one who has had those "Wait a minute!" thoughts about the Swap Force characters themselves. There is bound to be some sicko out there who is going to try and label it as transgender, sexually inappropriate, etc. which is really sad. (Equally as much since the first shouldn't matter and the second is something they, NOT their kids, would likely think of...)

I wonder how much of an impact this will have, however? Is Skylanders extremely boy oriented or does it veer at least a little more toward the middle? Up to this point I feel they've done a decent enough job at making it all around accessible on this front. But I can remember being a girl and wondering why guys were always the ones doing things (i.e. rescuing the princess) where girls always had things done to them (i.e. being kidnapped or rescued.) It sends a message that girls, especially in today's society, cannot afford to listen to. I'm not sure how best to resolve this and I realize that the idea of subliminal gender messages in a children's video game is a bit far fetched and absurd. But with the design for the Swap Force characters it was my firs thought so I wanted to be sure to get this out there.
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 19:16:20 02/03/2013
i hope they breath fire outta the butt,,,, THAT WOULD BE SUMTHING DONT YA THINK?
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#11 Posted: 19:59:38 02/03/2013
Technically we have Ninjini for magic.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#12 Posted: 20:23:46 02/03/2013
Quote: Kiroq
How about something like this
[User Posted Image]
(I have no idea where I found the image though)

I think a fire lion would be cool! I did draw a fire dragon though but the pic is on my other computer...
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#13 Posted: 20:30:32 02/03/2013
While I wouldn't really mind there being more female characters, we can probably expect no more than 8 female characters in this game's batch of newlanders. The game is mostly being targeted towards boys, after all.
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#14 Posted: 07:24:45 05/03/2013
Quote: Orohu
While I wouldn't really mind there being more female characters, we can probably expect no more than 8 female characters in this game's batch of newlanders. The game is mostly being targeted towards boys, after all.

This. Although I believe it's children in general. Not 100% sure.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#15 Posted: 14:33:05 05/03/2013
Can you claim that Drill sergent is a male character? he is a robot afterall.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 15:36:09 05/03/2013
Quote: Cozmo
Can you claim that Drill sergent is a male character? he is a robot afterall.

I think we talked about this in another thread with genders. Basically, robots are generally referred to as "he" even if they *should* have no gender. The bio specifically refers to Drill Sarge as a "him" though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#17 Posted: 16:25:44 05/03/2013
I'd give up on seeing any more than 3 new females. Roller Brawl gave me faint hope when I realised that they have one female they partially market from the start each game. It was Stealth in SA, it was Cynder in Giants, and it will be Roller Brawl in Swap Force.
I think that we were lucky to see 4 in Giants, really. I'm surprised that they actually stuck to the promise of adding a female Giant.

The fact is that boy characters are just more marketable- because there will always be young boys who think that girls have cooties, and young girls that think going on battles has to be restricted to a boys' thing. And since the gameplay is full of fighting and is geared more to a younger audience it's just easier for them to design a lot of boy characters.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Fire female with a personality like Sergeant Calhoun... Preferably, programmed with the most tragic backstory ever! smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#18 Posted: 16:45:46 05/03/2013
Quote: spyroblue
Quote: IJJusion

classic.

Activision would nerd the boobs and the butt for sure

What do you mean nerd them? Is that like censorship?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#19 Posted: 16:59:21 05/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I'd give up on seeing any more than 3 new females. Roller Brawl gave me faint hope when I realised that they have one female they partially market from the start each game. It was Stealth in SA, it was Cynder in Giants, and it will be Roller Brawl in Swap Force.
I think that we were lucky to see 4 in Giants, really. I'm surprised that they actually stuck to the promise of adding a female Giant.

The fact is that boy characters are just more marketable- because there will always be young boys who think that girls have cooties, and young girls that think going on battles has to be restricted to a boys' thing. And since the gameplay is full of fighting and is geared more to a younger audience it's just easier for them to design a lot of boy characters.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Fire female with a personality like Sergeant Calhoun... Preferably, programmed with the most tragic backstory ever! smilie

actually my daughter tends to go with the characters she thinks are the cutest. Shroom Boom and Hot dog are a bigger draw than Hex or Flashwing.

But your point is a good one; My 6 year old son thinks Ninjini is cool, but he will take any boy character over her any day.

One more observation, is it odd that Undead has the higest census of female characters?
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#20 Posted: 22:34:23 05/03/2013
There should be 8, according to math. In giants, they had 4 out of 16 new skylanders be girls. 4 out of 16 reduces to one-fourth. So it seems like one-forth of the characters will be girls, and one-fourth of 32 new characters is 8.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#21 Posted: 23:02:12 05/03/2013
Quote: Dmcrocks
There should be 8, according to math. In giants, they had 4 out of 16 new skylanders be girls. 4 out of 16 reduces to one-fourth. So it seems like one-forth of the characters will be girls, and one-fourth of 32 new characters is 8.

If anything, the past would say that there will be 5, because SSA had 32 characters and 5 were female. smilie
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#22 Posted: 23:09:39 05/03/2013
At first I thought Sunburn was female...but no..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me