Page 1 of 1
More levels????? [CLOSED]
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1 Posted: 06:25:34 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OK so ssa had 22 levels plus the 4 adventure packs and that makes 26 levels which was good.but sg only had 16 levels which sucked but the 4 adventure packs from ssa were compatible which makes up to 20 levels but i dont the 4 adventure packs as extra levels in giants. i teally hope that ssf will have at least 30 levels max.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 06:34:35 02/03/2013
According to the information already revealed at Toy Fair 2013, Swap Force will have the same game length as Giants. We don't know how many levels though. I say less than 20 again.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:35:33 02/03/2013 by Aura24
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#3 Posted: 07:03:31 02/03/2013
i believe they are bringing back adventure packs again at least, but yes the length of the game is going to be similar to SG - but i hope they add to the end game, with more things like arena battles.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 07:59:24 02/03/2013
They said that the campaign is the same length as Giants so I would be surprised if there aren't LESS levels. I'm saything this bit because Activision: it'd really grind me gears if they're gonna do that just so that they can make more APs this time and make more money from them... APs give you a new level, but don't forget how much they cost. Even the longest levels in Giants simply aren't that lengthy.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#5 Posted: 13:11:05 02/03/2013
It may have less levels, but a S:SA level was 15 minutes long if you explored.
A S:G Level on the other hand, had 1 Hour long levels if you explored.
I woudn't mind having 12 2 Hour levels on S:SF
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 15:11:07 02/03/2013
Quote: Aura24
According to the information already revealed at Toy Fair 2013, Swap Force will have the same game length as Giants. We don't know how many levels though. I say less than 20 again.

swap farce will have 16 levels.... LOL!!.. when will you guys wake up and not bite on that money hungry sugar cane?... i have jumped off the skylanders sugar wagon. it feels good when i know i am not gonna blow 2000 dollars on this bad game.
spyrodadragon1 Green Sparx Gems: 124
#7 Posted: 16:47:59 02/03/2013
i would like mre lvls and harder boss at the end
---
hey i am back
NEW ACCOUNT used to be spyrodadragon so not really red sparx
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 17:06:54 02/03/2013
Wait; 16 Swap Force, and 8 Newlanders?

24 levels?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#9 Posted: 17:38:12 02/03/2013
^ In the first game some levels had more than one soul gem (Wham Shell and Boomer's soul gems were both in Oilspill Island, there are others too).
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#10 Posted: 18:59:23 02/03/2013
I think that attempting to judge how good the game will be, or how much value it will have for players, strictly based on the number of levels misses a lot of crucial things that are worth considering:

-- How long will those levels be and will there be sufficient reasons to replay them?

-- Aside from levels, what other things will there be to do? (Giants had Arenas and Skystones, as well as going back to get all the different items, for instance.)

-- Will they continue with improvements from Giants (Arenas, Skystones, difficulty levels, tons of stuff to buy) and also bring things that were good from S:SA (primarily talking about Adventure Packs here, although I'll also be curious to see what kind of hub--ship, island, etc.--we get this time.)

-- How will older items work in the newer game? If they do new Adventure Packs will they continue to bring forward the levels from the old ones? With so many of the characters not getting reposed, what effect will we see on Heroic Challenges? Will there be a level cap increase to get people to use their older figures again or will that be left out because of game length to level growth ratio or to try and get us to stick more with newer characters?

-- What will the designs for the new characters be like? How easy / frustrating will the destribution channels be this year? This is a totally subjective thing that could make or break the game for many people on a personal level.

-- How engaging and interesting is the story mode vs. the reasons to replay the game? I know I mentioned this briefly above, but going deeper... Skylanders is a single player game with 2 player couch co-op. My boyfriend and I were impressed with the co-op when we played during his visit and we think the storytelling in the game, while "family-oriented" is well done. Making sure that there is a compelling story for the swap force characters is vital in the quest to endear them to players' hearts. (Or I am just old and sentimental? *laughs*)

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head. I hope it's helpful, though. smilie
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 18:59:46 02/03/2013
its the 'farce'....
#12 Posted: 19:10:37 02/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm

swap farce will have 16 levels.... LOL!!.. when will you guys wake up and not bite on that money hungry sugar cane?... i have jumped off the skylanders sugar wagon. it feels good when i know i am not gonna blow 2000 dollars on this bad game.

I think we got that message on a few other topics already.

Still I'm planning on buying Swap Force, even if the levels are short like SG's
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 19:13:50 02/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm

I think we got that message on a few other topics already.

Still I'm planning on buying Swap Force, even if the levels are short like SG's

i think you gonna regret it... but dont let me tell you i told you so...
#14 Posted: 19:22:53 02/03/2013
I've bought SG that had less levels than SSA, and I haven't got the slightest bit of regret. I'm just glad that I enjoyed the game. The same will probably happen when I buy SSF.
---
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#15 Posted: 20:28:08 02/03/2013
I've bought SG that had less levels than SSA, and I haven't got the slightest bit of regret. I'm just glad that I enjoyed the game. The same will probably happen when I buy SSF.

I personally feel the same way. If you like the game enough to overlook how short it is, does its length even matter?

Pretty much everyone I know that played Portal loved it, even though you can clear it extremely quickly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:25 02/03/2013 by Orohu
#16 Posted: 21:07:51 02/03/2013
Nooo... You guys are missing the point as to why people don't like less levels.
At least for me, the games is about evolving your Skylanders. Not exploring the levels. There are people like me who buy lots of figures because they would like lots of characters to play. That's the collision point error... With only 16 levels, "exploring" them over and over again becomes tedious. That wasnt as big as issue with SA, because SA's levels were not only more plentiful but arguably more varied(Giants: generic floating islands>iceland>canyon>Wilikin>castles>undergound system>Arkeyan VS SA: generic floating islands>beaches>castle>treetops>wargrounds>underworld>mine>lavalands>Arkeyan>Kaos). I honestly think that they aren't much longer than SA's were, looking back at it.
To some people it isn't about the game aspect and 100% isnt getting the 100% mark on the title screen, but actually finishing everything on all of their Skylanders. And it becomes difficult to enjoy going to the same places over and over(coming from a Heroic Challenge lover). For some people it's about journeying with Skylanders and being a Portal Master, a dream hard to imagine when you barely have a variety of areas to come back to. That's how I look at it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:40 02/03/2013 by GamingMaster_76
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#17 Posted: 21:11:31 02/03/2013
Quote: Orohu

I personally feel the same way. If you like the game enough to overlook how short it is, does its length even matter?

Pretty much everyone I know that played Portal loved it, even though you can clear it extremely quickly.

Portal 2 is kinda hard... smilie

Anyhow, I don't care about the length either.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#18 Posted: 21:57:34 02/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
At least for me, the games is about evolving your Skylanders. Not exploring the levels. There are people like me who buy lots of figures because they would like lots of characters to play. That's the collision point error... With only 16 levels, "exploring" them over and over again becomes tedious. That wasnt as big as issue with SA, because SA's levels were not only more plentiful but arguably more varied(Giants: generic floating islands>iceland>canyon>Wilikin>castles>undergound system>Arkeyan VS SA: generic floating islands>beaches>castle>treetops>wargrounds>underworld>mine>lavalands>Arkeyan>Kaos). I honestly think that they aren't much longer than SA's were, looking back at it.
To some people it isn't about the game aspect and 100% isnt getting the 100% mark on the title screen, but actually finishing everything on all of their Skylanders. And it becomes difficult to enjoy going to the same places over and over(coming from a Heroic Challenge lover). For some people it's about journeying with Skylanders and being a Portal Master, a dream hard to imagine when you barely have a variety of areas to come back to. That's how I look at it.

perfect explained, kudos goes to u....
#19 Posted: 23:11:23 02/03/2013

ive spent countless hours in this game..and we obviously play differently..i played each lvl once, then i completed them all with 3 stars on nightmare (to be honest, im halfway through getting 3 stars in nightmare smilie) but 90% of my time has been spent in heroics and arena battles and PVP. Chapter levels beyond telling the story are pretty pointless to me.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#20 Posted: 23:17:51 02/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion
Chapter levels beyond telling the story are pretty pointless to me.

Which is why the game should have a deeper plot than "Kaos is annoyingly trying to destroy the world AGAIN, so let's go find him and beat him".
#21 Posted: 23:25:05 02/03/2013
they should have moar side quests... thats what missing...
#22 Posted: 23:44:00 02/03/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: IJJusion
Chapter levels beyond telling the story are pretty pointless to me.

Which is why the game should have a deeper plot than "Kaos is annoyingly trying to destroy the world AGAIN, so let's go find him and beat him".

i like the story, as i said 'aside from the story' there isnt much point to revisiting them

but i agree with the post above, more side quests within levels could add a lot to the chapters.
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#23 Posted: 00:51:41 03/03/2013
Quote: Matteomax

24 levels?

Dude there's 16 newlanders not 8, the possible amount of levels is either 16 (2 soul gems in each levels) or 32 levels
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
#24 Posted: 01:49:15 03/03/2013
I play story chapters and then just go with the Portal Master story. I don't really immerse myself in game stories at all and I usually just see them as being in the way so it's nice to just imagine the fantasy of that to me. I actually play Story to complete my Skylanders, and I ignore Arena Challenges unless I get bored or particularly feel like taking part in them simply because they don't give you much Gold at all... Battle is just a secondary mode to me. smilie
I mean, when I come back in years to play the game more(I do that with all the games smilie)... I'm gonna come back for the single player Story since there probably won't be anyone to play with, besides my family- who will chances are be simply unavailable to play games, especially since I'm pretty much the only one who's savvy enough to have it as a hobby- unless I have crazy luck. And besides my dad I decimate all of them in terms of skill which just makes it a bit boring anyway. smilie I'll either murder them in PVP or they'll be too slow to keep up with me in Story.
It's really what I judge games on. Multiplayer-oriented modes mean nearly nothing to me unless a CPU mode is available (Kid Icarus: Uprising most recently) or, of course, the game is centred around it(most party games). I guess you just see it as a much more important thing.
#25 Posted: 02:53:58 03/03/2013
Quote: Ace XSX
Quote: Matteomax

24 levels?

Dude there's 16 newlanders not 8, the possible amount of levels is either 16 (2 soul gems in each levels) or 32 levels

or anything in between by having some levels have multiple gems.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#26 Posted: 02:54:19 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator

Sane here i had fun with it and i would most likely be getting ssf. but What im saying here is that if they were to put more levels in or even longer levels or something worth replay value like how GIANTS had skystones,heroic challenges and battle arenas. i would like to see those sort of things in ssf cause when you go to buy a skylander and you have finished the game usually you want something to have replay value.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#27 Posted: 03:38:41 03/03/2013
Quote: Katallina
I think that attempting to judge how good the game will be, or how much value it will have for players, strictly based on the number of levels misses a lot of crucial things that are worth considering:

-- How long will those levels be and will there be sufficient reasons to replay them?

-- Aside from levels, what other things will there be to do? (Giants had Arenas and Skystones, as well as going back to get all the different items, for instance.)

-- Will they continue with improvements from Giants (Arenas, Skystones, difficulty levels, tons of stuff to buy) and also bring things that were good from S:SA (primarily talking about Adventure Packs here, although I'll also be curious to see what kind of hub--ship, island, etc.--we get this time.)

-- How will older items work in the newer game? If they do new Adventure Packs will they continue to bring forward the levels from the old ones? With so many of the characters not getting reposed, what effect will we see on Heroic Challenges? Will there be a level cap increase to get people to use their older figures again or will that be left out because of game length to level growth ratio or to try and get us to stick more with newer characters?

-- What will the designs for the new characters be like? How easy / frustrating will the destribution channels be this year? This is a totally subjective thing that could make or break the game for many people on a personal level.

-- How engaging and interesting is the story mode vs. the reasons to replay the game? I know I mentioned this briefly above, but going deeper... Skylanders is a single player game with 2 player couch co-op. My boyfriend and I were impressed with the co-op when we played during his visit and we think the storytelling in the game, while "family-oriented" is well done. Making sure that there is a compelling story for the swap force characters is vital in the quest to endear them to players' hearts. (Or I am just old and sentimental? *laughs*)

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head. I hope it's helpful, though. smilie

Your awesome posting continues to have me in awe.

I don't disagree here as well.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:07 03/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
#28 Posted: 11:01:40 03/03/2013
thiiis thread have me in awe.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me