darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > potential total cost for all 56 blue base characters
Page 1 of 1
potential total cost for all 56 blue base characters [CLOSED]
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#1 Posted: 14:03:54 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
these calculations consider only the "basic" characters in the series, i.e. the ones on the poster. You're on your own with variants.

if you look at the first game, all but 1 (wham shell) of the 32 characters we're available in some sort of package
starter: Spyro, Gill Grut, Trigger Happy
three packs:
Bash, Eruptor, Chop Chop
Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant
Warnado, Ignitor, Camo
Flameslinger, Stump Smash, Drobot
Lightning Rod, Zook, Cynder
Sonic Boom, Stealth Elf, Wrecking Ball
Dino-Rang, Hex, Zap
Prism Break, Voodood, Boomer
Slam Bam, Goast Roaster, Sunburn and Terafin were in Adventure packs

assuming $20-$25 per pack that's 12 packs for $240-$300 plus $10 for Wham Shell, on top of the price of the starter set.

for giants:
7 giants at $15=$105
8 Light Core at $12=$96
6 3packs and 2 battle packs at $20-$25=$160-$200
8 singles not (yet) in 3 packs at $10=$80
total= $441-$481 on top of the starter pack

for the new game we know there will be:
16 SWAP force
16 new "core"
16 S3 reposes
8 light core

OK, a few assumptions: Starter pack will come with 2 SWAP and 1 core (what good is only one sawpper?) SWAP force will cost the same as Giants did. Light core will cost the same. S3 will not include any giants. That means any of the new core or S3 reposes could be combined in 3 packs. (32 potential, just like in giants) If we then assume 6 3 packs like giants and a couple of other packages with two characters and some kind of expansion, covering 22 of the 32 regular figures we get this:

14 SWAP at $15= $210
8 Light Core at $12=$96
6 3packs and 2 battle packs at $20-$25=$160-$200
8 singles not in 3 packs at $10=$80
total}$546-$596 on top of the starter set

so really, for collectors, the only really jump here from Giants is the 16 (rather than 8) new, more expensive figure. If SWAP force are priced less, all the better. I have a hard time believing they would be priced higher.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2 Posted: 14:53:48 05/02/2013
Yep, this game is overpriced. I understand they make tons of money, but they could lower the price and EVEN MORE people would buy them.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 14:55:01 05/02/2013
Here is what I'm guessing(PURE SPECULATION and not based on anything much).

Characters just come in single packs like original figures, but with their "characters'" swappable parts.

I know. Shocking.

One thing I'm not very sure they'll be doing is... Price-wise. I mean, they can easily hike prices by a dollar or two if they want to because of the new magnet technology. But I imagine some very annoyed customers if they do that and they'd be less forgiving too, because this is the third game.

Plus, people tend to hate change for the sake of hating change- and this game has a different developer plus jumping... Just look at... Iunno, Alicorn Twilight!
I'll scoop up whatever I like though(IOW, at least whatever comes out of the Tech and Water elements). I just don't know if I'm willing to make a full investment for the figurines this time around. With how many parts there will be... Depending in how it's handled, it could be a pain, or a really cool idea, I just think that simply placing characters down like they always have is the best route.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#4 Posted: 15:21:19 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: joerox123
Yep, this game is overpriced. I understand they make tons of money, but they could lower the price and EVEN MORE people would buy them.

it's only overpriced to the obsessive collectors who need every figure and to the hard core video gamers who expect to be able to unlock everythng on a disc (in this case, ever possible character). The target audience is kids, with the assumption being they will want the figures that appeal to them but not need every single one of them. Kids will happily play the game with 3 or 5 or 8 figures and if Ninjini or Fright Rider or Eruptor doesn't appeal to them, they won't ask for them and won't feel like their gaming experience is somehow incomplete.

Sure kids like to collect things (baseball cards, comics, Pokemon, sparkly rocks they find on the side of the road, boogers, insects, whatever) and some are even set on getting complete collections (although any kid who assumes they will needs to hear the word "no" from their parents a little more often.) However, the truly obsessive collectors are the adults. We are the ones who see "52 characters" and not only have the child-like thought of "I want them all" we have the adult mental facilities and adult resources to actually make that happen. But we choose to do that. We don't need every Skylander.

Kids learn to live with the disappointment of not having every last one of whatever it is they collect. Adults seem to have a harder time living with that. Just look at ebay. It's not kids paying hundreds of dollars for Chill with red lips. It's certainly not kids asking for Chill with red lips. As a kid, if I saw blue bash or glow in the dark who ever, I'd think they were defective. Where's the color? And I guarentee you it's not kids keeping the figures in the boxes rather than playing with them (anyone who keeps them in their boxes should be required to watch Toy Story 2 and write an essay afterwards on what the true purpose of toys is)

Are activision gonna make money with this? of course they will. And ya know what? That's not a bad thing. Making money is what allows them to pay developers to make more games. If it seems a money grab to you, then don't buy it. Don't race down to Toys R Us or Gamestop for every exclusive Pink Pop Fizz or Crushed in a Car Crusher Crusher or Make me a Sammich Sprocket. You're the adult. Set a limit and stick to it. And if you absolute must collect, then set a limit as to what exactly you are going to collect. Just buy the new core characters, or just 1 of each element of the SWAP force or everything but the Light Core. Whatever, but don't blame the company for putting out collectable toys by claiming they are forcing you to buy toys you don't want. Be the adult.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#5 Posted: 15:24:13 05/02/2013
lol they will for sure price matched the figures sold by infinity. expect them to be pricier this time around.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#6 Posted: 15:32:16 05/02/2013
You got me excited that my speculative investment in a sealed red-lipped chill was going to pay off in hundreds of dollars! Then I checked eBay and the prices are worthless. smilie
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#7 Posted: 16:26:38 05/02/2013
I would've waited another year to release this one just to let people get caught up with thr collecting. I mran people arr still having trouble finding hot dog, eye brawl and thumpback and ninjini isn't officially released yet. So now they.are going to release SWAP in the fall (possibly) and start this madness crap all over again and then pick and choose which figures we want most and then missing out on the least popular because all of a sudden they want to "retire them. They should keep making the old ones so late bloomers can find them and collect just the same as veterans. The reposing is.just a waste of money and time. And don't get started on the variants. And as for the Chill. Where in heck is that dumb variant so I can stop checking every hour. *drops two pennies on the table* thank you
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#8 Posted: 17:23:44 05/02/2013
lol dont worry this is ACTIVISION. Milking money to it finest with all its glory. yet again and again we fall for their schemes.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 18:00:48 05/02/2013
I wouldn't be completely surprised to see some three packs that consists of two regular characters and a LightCore figure. LCs just aren't selling as well, and this would give them an excuse to "force" them out. smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 18:13:35 05/02/2013
Quote: FLEIJA
lol dont worry this is ACTIVISION. Milking money to it finest with all its glory. yet again and again we fall for their schemes.

NOT ME NOT THIS TIME BUDDY!.. it stops here.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#11 Posted: 19:26:01 05/02/2013
This about sums it up for me.

[User Posted Image]
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me