Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 3? [CLOSED]
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#1 Posted: 20:34:52 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Just a few days away from hearing the Skylanders 3 news, any info leaked yet? any predictions? will Skylanders speak this time? actually that could be a bad thing when playing the game late at night and having to keep quiet...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:26 30/01/2013 by SteveW
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 20:53:24 30/01/2013
The only new things are:

Boomer's back! Along with the unreposed 8!

New technology, possibly sounds.

POSSIBLE reposes of Newlanders and Giants.

That's it, as of now..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#3 Posted: 21:13:16 30/01/2013
Series 3.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#4 Posted: 21:19:36 30/01/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Series 3.

Short response: No.

Long response: Heck no.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:01 30/01/2013 by TerraFizz
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#5 Posted: 21:36:20 30/01/2013
Quote: TerraFizz
Quote: CommanderGame
Series 3.

Short response: No.

Long response: Heck no.

Sorry bro, it's bound to happen.
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#6 Posted: 22:37:53 30/01/2013
Series 3? Excuse me for a moment of your time.

*smashes car and kicks tree hard.*
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Sky Master 1606 Blue Sparx Gems: 776
#7 Posted: 23:30:39 30/01/2013
I really hope that Activision does release some information on Skylanders 3 at Toy Fair 2013. Have they announced whether or not they will be revealing anything new or not?
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#8 Posted: 14:24:21 31/01/2013
Quote: Matteomax
The only new things are:

Boomer's back! Along with the unreposed 8!

New technology, possibly sounds.

POSSIBLE reposes of Newlanders and Giants.

That's it, as of now..

^This makes me happy
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 15:17:51 31/01/2013
>series 3
>talking
>boomer

HELL YEAH
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#10 Posted: 15:25:42 31/01/2013
I wouldn't anticipate a series 3. they have 24 characters they can do a series 2 for. I would plan on those and probably 16 newlanders of some sort.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#11 Posted: 15:52:35 31/01/2013
sheesh, talking is waaaaay not gonna happen. speakers require a LOT more power than a few tiny LED's.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#12 Posted: 16:08:06 31/01/2013
Quote: X-Treme
sheesh, talking is waaaaay not gonna happen. speakers require a LOT more power than a few tiny LED's.

Very true.

However, they could use a small chip like those musical greeting cards have to perhaps just say the figures catchphrase. not sure if even those tiny speakers though could draw enough power from the portal.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#13 Posted: 21:51:37 31/01/2013
But the bigest problem with them if they got the speakers to work would be how to make them not talk. As stated above and something I've come to realize is that the skylander toys talking would be a problem when you don't want them to at the time. Say your playing the game late at night or some other time when you need to keep the noise down. So if they could talk how would you make it so that they'd be quiet? as in still use them but with the sound off.

As for Series 3, it's possible if they jump any non series 2 skylanders straight to series 3. As in the Series # is based on the current game not just the remade. But i could be wrong.

However, there are some skylanders I'd love to be series 2 mainly because I like the fact that they can switch upgrade paths without having to restart the toy.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#14 Posted: 22:04:12 31/01/2013
If those little toys talk, I'm not even going to get the game.
---
cry baby, I am
#15 Posted: 22:13:43 31/01/2013
wumbo...

Pandemonium shall speak to you.....
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#16 Posted: 22:21:15 31/01/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
wumbo...

Pandemonium shall speak to you.....

as much as I love pandemonium
i'm afraid i can't
---
cry baby, I am
#17 Posted: 22:22:45 31/01/2013
but wumbo

what if their eyes move
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#18 Posted: 02:48:27 01/02/2013
that would be creepy
---
THE END IS NEAR
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#19 Posted: 06:07:26 01/02/2013
I hope they don't talk. That means a bigger price tag. The giants are bad enough.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Sandstorm Green Sparx Gems: 363
#20 Posted: 15:31:50 01/02/2013
Here's what we think skylanders 3 will be.
It'll be called 'skylanders kaos empties your wallet again'
It'll have 12 chapters that will take 5 mins to complete.
A nightmare mode which wouldn't scare the pants of a fairy.
A whole new lineup of re-released characters with slightly different names like eruptor would now be called extinguished after burning himself out for 2 series and trigger happy who would change to not so happy.
Hex's new wow pow will be jump in a coffin and go to sleep whilst bouncers will be launching a rocket and it falling on his head blowing him up.
There will be new heroic challenges such as try and find a chompie with pants on its head.
A whole new load of hats that aren't new they have just been coloured in differently.
The base will be an abandoned cardboard box on a street corner and the bad guy will be a rabid dog called scampy kaos and you'll have to battle rats and cockroaches to get to him.
The graphics will be more blocky and jumpy giving you a massive headache after a few mins of playing.
The new bradygames walk through will include maps of the Lake District and Sahara desert.
Best of a brand new poster to stick on your wall with another 80 same old characters on it for your kids to point at on a daily basis and ask when can I get him.

So basically the point is seeing as giants was shorter and easier than ssa this is the trend we will see in future games thanks to activision wanting to make a sickening amount of money and releasing games as quickly as possible so people don't realise it's going to be the same old routine in the same old skylands with the only difference being a chompie with a wart on its head or kaos with a new tattoo.
I wouldn't get your hopes up of this new mega amazing game because its not going to happen, the quicker they try to release the next 1 will give them less time to think it through and get it right.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#21 Posted: 21:07:37 01/02/2013
Quote: Sandstorm
A whole new lineup of re-released characters with slightly different names like eruptor would now be called extinguished after burning himself out for 2 series and trigger happy who would change to not so happy.
Hex's new wow pow will be jump in a coffin and go to sleep whilst bouncers will be launching a rocket and it falling on his head blowing him up.
There will be new heroic challenges such as try and find a chompie with pants on its head.
A whole new load of hats that aren't new they have just been coloured in differently.
The base will be an abandoned cardboard box on a street corner and the bad guy will be a rabid dog called scampy kaos and you'll have to battle rats and cockroaches to get to him.
The graphics will be more blocky and jumpy giving you a massive headache after a few mins of playing.
The new bradygames walk through will include maps of the Lake District and Sahara desert.
Best of a brand new poster to stick on your wall with another 80 same old characters on it for your kids to point at on a daily basis and ask when can I get him.

So basically the point is seeing as giants was shorter and easier than ssa this is the trend we will see in future games thanks to activision wanting to make a sickening amount of money and releasing games as quickly as possible so people don't realise it's going to be the same old routine in the same old skylands with the only difference being a chompie with a wart on its head or kaos with a new tattoo.
I wouldn't get your hopes up of this new mega amazing game because its not going to happen, the quicker they try to release the next 1 will give them less time to think it through and get it right.

Hillarious. smilie
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#22 Posted: 21:38:51 01/02/2013

^ amen tho this. lol you shud copy and paste this to Skylanders Game in FB and Tweeter smilie
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#23 Posted: 21:39:41 01/02/2013
It may be sad but true.

I can't believe Giants was actually a step backwards compared to the first game.

22 vs. 16 chapters
16 vs. 32 Skylanders
0 vs. 4 Adventure Packs

Usually, sequels are supposed to move forward.

It shouldn't be hard, if TFB truly cared about their franchise, for them to 1up each game.

- Always have new Adventure Packs
- 24 Newlanders per game would be better than 16
- Less Series 1,000,000
- 22 of more KAOS story chapters per game, plus Adventure Pack levels
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#24 Posted: 20:20:33 02/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
It may be sad but true.

I can't believe Giants was actually a step backwards compared to the first game.

22 vs. 16 chapters
16 vs. 32 Skylanders
0 vs. 4 Adventure Packs

Usually, sequels are supposed to move forward.

It shouldn't be hard, if TFB truly cared about their franchise, for them to 1up each game.

- Always have new Adventure Packs
- 24 Newlanders per game would be better than 16
- Less Series 1,000,000
- 22 of more KAOS story chapters per game, plus Adventure Pack levels

To be fair with the levels though they were longer than Spyro Adventure's levels. Maybe this time they'll crank out some new adventure packs.
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#25 Posted: 20:57:31 02/02/2013
This is why I said do we really need anymore skylanders at this time! Were still waiting on Ninjini does she matter to me to play in the game at the moment, no not really cuz me and most everyone else beat the game without her. Also I didn't even use Thumpback or Eye Brawl to beat the game either. So me personally we don't need more characters just a whole new storyline and not the same repetitive game play as the first two games.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#26 Posted: 23:31:28 02/02/2013
Skylanders 3 should have:

24 reposes ( 8 unreposed from SSA, new Giants characters )

22 levels PLUS bonus Sweet Dream mode ( more XP, slightly harder, more treasure etc ), when Story Mode is completed

A new gimmick similar to LC...

No new characters or elements

Mystery packs would replace APs and BPs:

One s3 Skylander, one new variant, and one mystery character ( legendary, gitd, etc.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:00 03/02/2013 by Ash Starkindle
ziggymoonunit Green Sparx Gems: 271
#27 Posted: 23:45:34 02/02/2013

I see I am late to the party on your post, but wow, you are so right. Please post this to the respective Facebook pages so maybe someone, somewhere, will get the hint.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#28 Posted: 02:45:39 03/02/2013

That would make a very good game. But how would you fit in a cardboard box?
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#29 Posted: 02:52:11 03/02/2013

You deserve an internet pat on the back. IN DA GB.
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#30 Posted: 02:57:20 03/02/2013

BEST POST EVER!!!

*puts in guestbook*
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#31 Posted: 03:00:09 03/02/2013
Brace yourselves
For the Skylander 3 topics
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#32 Posted: 03:01:45 03/02/2013
Yeah, they are going to pop up faster than those damn wave three topics, I speculate.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#33 Posted: 03:08:58 03/02/2013
I'm meh with S3, not like I HAVE to buy it when I have the S1 or 2 version already. But I can see how it can be a pain.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me