darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Skylanders 2: The Time Sweeper (Fan Idea)
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 2: The Time Sweeper (Fan Idea) [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#1 Posted: 18:49:21 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I got this idea a couple of months ago, but I never managed to post it. Anyway, this is my idea of what the second Skylanders game should be.

Skylanders 2: The Time Sweeper

OK, so I was thinking of the element of time and the pasts of the Skylanders, then I got an idea. Past = time, right? I thought time would be a really good idea for any Spyro game, but TEN never took it far enough. So I added the element of time into the Skylanders 2 idea...

Plot: It has been a year since the heroic Skylanders banished Kaos from Skylands once and for all. Since then, all of the Skylanders haven't had any trouble with villains...

One day, Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Grill Grunt stumble upon an abandoned, ancient, stone fortress in the Cliffs of Fortitude. Inside, they uncover a lost artifact that resembles an evil-looking hour glass. On the bottom of the hour glass is an inscription. "Clothed in shadow, wielder's clock. Golden time and gates align. Bring forth the uncoming era: Past, present, and last of all future."

Out of no where, the hour glass begins to surge with power and a shadowed figure immerges from within it. "I am Era, The Time Sweeper. I believe that this land belongs to me!"

A dark, forboding light sweeps across all of Skylands as the Time Sweeper hovers above in the air and waves his blade-like cepter.

Spyro and the other Skylanders, the sheep, and all other friendly inhabitants are thrown off into a dark vortex as the world is swallowed up into a worm hole.
--------

Hugo wakes up in a dark palace all alone. Confused, he searches through the palace and comes across Eon's spirit. "There are portal masters here, Hugo. A Skylander should be here soon."

A Skylander of your choosing is summoned.

Eon explains what has happened as you walk along with Hugo. Suddenly, a massive time shift causes a collapsing of the hallway, separating you from the Hugo and Eon. The only exit is through a worm hole in the wall. Within the worm hole, you stumble across that Skylander's home land.

Something seems strange to you. It is not the same time. That is when Eon returns and explains to you that you are in your past, playing through your back story to find a time crystal.

And so the story begins...

Objectives: In Skylanders 2, you must play through the Dark Palace discovering worm holes that lead to the past, present, and future. Some of these worm holes allow you to play through a specific Skylander's past, hense bringing their backstory to life. (Ex. When you are playing as Sonic Boom, you must carry your eggs to the top of the mountain and fight off evil. Once at the top, you encounter the wizard. Etc...)

As a Skylander, your job is to find and collect all of the time crystals in order to gain access to the Time Sweeper's fortress for the final battle. There are a whole lot more objectives and collectibles in this game. There is no limit in time as you play through every era in Skylands' history.

Occasionally, there will be bosses and encounters with the Time Sweeper.

You also must find all of your friends.

Abilities: New abilities are added to every Skylander. A jump button has now been added into the game as well as free-roaming flight for flying Skylanders. A portal master can also call upon the power of time to get through obstacles and defeat enemies.

The Time Sweeper: He controls what goes on in every level through time and space. He can throw obstacles and enemies in your way whenever he feels like it. He is truly the Time Sweeper as he uses the element of time to conquer the world and destroy Eon once and for all.
----------

So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea? Are there any other ideas you'd like to tell me? You decide. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:41:50 31/12/2011 by Fireball
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:53:14 30/12/2011
'Skylanders 2: The Time Sweeper' is a misleading title. You should add 'Fan Game' to your topic title so you won't confuse other fans...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:53 30/12/2011 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 18:54:18 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
*Edits*
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#4 Posted: 19:28:00 30/12/2011
aura is not that misleading
---
THE END IS NEAR
chriscross99 Green Sparx Gems: 168
#5 Posted: 20:06:02 30/12/2011
I think that is a great idea. Very well thought out. There should also be more skylanders that come from the future and are led by Crash Bandicoot. Spyro and Crash have vague memories of each other and team up to save skylands from the Time Sweeper.
---
My collection so far: [smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie]
I want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie camo sunburn warnado whamshell
Spaceboi428 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#6 Posted: 20:26:10 30/12/2011
i love it!
---
Avengers Assemble!
Dynomy84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#7 Posted: 20:36:48 30/12/2011
Wow! That sounds pretty cool! Traveling into Skylands' past seems like an interesting idea! If this was real, I think it would be really cool to travel Trigger happy's past!
---
Zap
------
Ride the lightning!
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#8 Posted: 20:59:12 30/12/2011
It's a cool idea. It has the interesting hub, villain, and plausible ways of travelling to different levels.

But I'd rather have the Skylanders' back stories just stay the way they are. These guys are supposed to be fun little freedom fighters to be summoned whenever you want them to be summoned. Not much else, imo. Their back stories are just there for fun.

I would, however, also like to see entire levels created just by placing a specific Skylander on the portal. That was a cool idea that would add more replayability to possible future games.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#9 Posted: 21:57:35 30/12/2011
Hm... So would Kaos be fought again?
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10108
#10 Posted: 22:16:52 30/12/2011
Sounds interesting ^w^
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#11 Posted: 00:30:52 31/12/2011
So...a combination Blinx: The Time Sweeper and Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure?
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#12 Posted: 01:22:16 31/12/2011
^Uh oh... we have a problem...
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#13 Posted: 01:28:21 31/12/2011
*gets the popcorn*
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#14 Posted: 02:36:07 31/12/2011
[User Posted Image]

+

[User Posted Image]

=

[User Posted Image]

???
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#15 Posted: 03:39:49 31/12/2011
BAHAHAHA
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 05:32:39 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I'll add some of those ideas to the first post. Thanks for the support! smilie

Oh, and not all of the levels feature the Skylanders' histories. Some levels are encountering of war and portal masters. Raids on harbors, breaking into castles, etc...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:44:15 31/12/2011 by Fireball
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#17 Posted: 06:41:59 31/12/2011
Seems fun, but keep it less dark. It won't be fun if it isn't happy. It would be awesome to go back in time and go to, say, Dark Hollow (from Spyro's past) and BLOW IT UP with Boomer. You should send this in to Toys For Bob.
---
Like A Boss!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#18 Posted: 07:09:14 31/12/2011
Hey nice ideas!!! Really cool!!!
Very well written too... I think a little darker is good, audience will be older too!

When I see Skylanders 2 in my head.....the start would have to be.....

I would like the actual 2nd game to come with an exclusive Kaos figure. (He was turned into a toy at the end of the first game.)
You could put any Skylander on to the portal but nothing would really happen. You just walk around the main island....The game would not officially start until you finally put Kaos on the portal.
You the user end up releasing him back upon Skylands! haha I could just see Kaos talking now...."You fool how could you be so stupid placing me on the portal like that....I'm free, FREEEEE, thanks to you and that brain of yours! HA HA HA HA"
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#19 Posted: 12:29:13 31/12/2011
It's a very cool idea but I don't like the idea of this game would be with the Skylanders characters, it is more cool if it was with all new characters in my opinion. But, great idea!!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
CatAmber Green Sparx Gems: 176
#20 Posted: 21:09:00 28/03/2012
*Laughs* Very funny Ideas. This makes me want to add a bit of a future plot into my story...

After Dawn, Drought, and Squirtasuar get 5 skylanders, they find out that they have to travel BACK IN TIME in order to see what the skylander's Weaknesses are, and then find out where they are in the present. They also find out How hilarious things can be watching A few skylanders histories.(Like Wreaking ball's.)
---
Read! Like smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#21 Posted: 21:16:32 28/03/2012
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
[User Posted Image]

+

[User Posted Image]

=

[User Posted Image]

???

I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought of Blinx when I read the title.

If it means that Blinx gets to come back then I am ALL for this idea.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#22 Posted: 21:18:48 28/03/2012
^I was going to say the same thing smilie

But Blinx is a Microsoft exclusive character, so that would be rather unlikely smilie Especially as he's not had a game in about 8 years, and even Microsoft seem to have forgotten about him
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me