First | Page 2 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#51 Posted: 03:13:30 08/01/2012
^The game isn't just about being totally awesome and unhilating everything in a few seconds, it's about having FUN. Stealth elf is my best skylander, but I never use her, cause the other characters are more fun.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#52 Posted: 03:15:51 08/01/2012
what if you fight against your friends than easy victory like stealth elfs blades. I don't mind evening out moves I go with the strongest move
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#53 Posted: 03:17:36 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I agree with Dragons-go-hrr.

PvP mode? If you like the roar attack and like PvP mode, then I'd go to that path.

For me personally, I don't have any friends who like Skylanders (or even near me in general), so I don't care about PvP mode, making the babies more useful.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:15 08/01/2012 by LevanJess
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#54 Posted: 03:18:34 08/01/2012
@ Spyro Assasin: My friends don't play things like Skylanders, they play things like Skyrim.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:37 08/01/2012 by Dragons-go-hrr
#55 Posted: 03:19:27 08/01/2012
I got 2 people and only one has sonic boom. do what you wanna do but I think babies are just fun to have around not wepons
#56 Posted: 03:19:58 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
My friends play CoD or don't play video games. :(

EDIT: When you upgrade the babies, they get more powerful and useful (sometimes they attack anything that moves).
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:21:15 08/01/2012 by LevanJess
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#57 Posted: 03:21:18 08/01/2012
Thanks to being married to another gamer, I've always got a friend to try things like PVP with, so I'll admit, I do focus my rankings more with that in mind.
#58 Posted: 03:23:42 08/01/2012
I am still young people still play e games not all have migrated to m games YET. but still if I get board there is still a reset button but still I think I made a stupid choice for gill grunt harpoons instead of unlimited water
#59 Posted: 03:26:29 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, I'd certainly recommend the roar path for Sonic Boom if you like PvP.

And I made the same choice, I regret it, but I don't want to reset Gill Grunt, so I dealt with it.
---
but i love it all smooth
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#60 Posted: 08:44:27 08/01/2012
I tend to base my upgrade paths more on which button I pressed the most for attacking before the decision had to be made. If it's a character I'm generally undecided on, then I may look at Tashiji's advice, but otherwise I choose what I prefer attacking with!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#61 Posted: 12:37:39 08/01/2012
One thing you have to remember when choosing upgrade paths is that just because one of the skylander's attacks isn't very useful now, if you chose the upgrade path for that attack it might BECOME useful.

It's always tempting to choose the upgrade path for the attack that you were using the most at that time, but sometimes it's a wonderful surprise just how useful and fun the character's other attacks become if you choose to upgrade those instead.

Gill Grunt is the perfect example of this: His water cannon attack is annoying to use before it's been upgraded because it isn't very powerful and that damn water guage keeps running out before you're done using it. Who can blame you for being tempted to choose the Harpooner path? The harpoons are simply a more practical attack during that portion of the game. However, if you were to go against logic and choose the Water Weaver path, you would find that Gill Grunt's less useful attack becomes useful because it is being upgraded: You get a couple of upgrades that boost its damage massively to the point that it exceeds that of the fully upgraded Harpoon attacks, and you also get an upgrade that makes your water supply unlimited, so no more running out of water when you don't want it to!
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#62 Posted: 00:56:51 10/01/2012
My paths are always secondary, except for Drobot. I hate having to manually aim at things, so I choose the path that just lets me run crap over. smilie
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#63 Posted: 17:16:51 10/01/2012
What are the worst three skylanders for their upgrades. My friend just got the game and doesn't which figures to buy.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#64 Posted: 17:32:11 10/01/2012
^ Don't know about worse, but Bash and Drobot are keepers.
---

zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#65 Posted: 20:52:35 10/01/2012
I highly reccomend sonic booms roaring path!
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Luna-Ice Green Sparx Gems: 368
#66 Posted: 01:45:00 12/01/2012
I just upgraded Zap to the Telsa dragon path as I use his lightning more than anything but am starting to regret it now that I find I am using slime a lot more. He's almost level 8. Should I reset him?
---
Kaos: "I'll be watching your back... Unless you are facing towards me, then I'll be watching your front... Either way, you'll be watched, BY ME!!!!!"
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#67 Posted: 02:06:07 12/01/2012
I have Sonic Boom and I'm torn. I like the baby attacks, but the siren attacks do more damage. What should I do???
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
#68 Posted: 02:09:28 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
For Sonic Boom, unless you like PvP mode, I think I'd go with the babies. Unless you think the game's tough, I'd go with roar, but if you like to take your time or doesn't want to breeze through the game I'd go with the babies.
It depends on what you think!

As for Zap, I'd reset him if you want it badly before it's too late.
---
but i love it all smooth
#69 Posted: 16:41:58 12/01/2012
Quote: Luna-Ice
I just upgraded Zap to the Telsa dragon path as I use his lightning more than anything but am starting to regret it now that I find I am using slime a lot more. He's almost level 8. Should I reset him?

Here's a way I can help you decide: How did you upgrade your Spyro? Because if you upgraded Spyro on the fireball path then yes I would reset Zap and go for the slime path, but if you upgraded Spyro on his charging path then i'd keep Zap on the lightning path.

Zap's slime path is incredibley fun and useful; it allows you to spread high-damge auto-electrifying slime and Zap can spread a lot more of it than he usually can. It's really fun to coat the entire battlefield with the stuff so the enemies (or your PvP opponent) get trapped inside where you can then pick them off from a distance with lightning attacks.
Zap's lightning path, as far as I know, is alright. It's just very similar to Spyro's fireball path and not quite as powerful at that (though don't quote me on that one). There's no real point in having two characters with triple-shot breath attacks which is why I said switch Zap to the slime upgrade path if you chose the fireball path for Spyro.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#70 Posted: 16:47:39 12/01/2012
We should have an official upgrade path for each character IMO. Would be easier to find out exactly what you're looking for. Stickying them would be nice, too.

Yes, I realize that would be a lot of threads, but it's useful information that a lot of people here would like to read about.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#71 Posted: 17:45:50 12/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
We should have an official upgrade path for each character IMO. Would be easier to find out exactly what you're looking for. Stickying them would be nice, too.

Yes, I realize that would be a lot of threads, but it's useful information that a lot of people here would like to read about.

One thread for each character would be OTT. Just this thread should be enough. Finding the character you're after if you're too lazy to do a little searching is just a case of using Ctrl-F.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#72 Posted: 18:28:58 12/01/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
Quote: Himewad

One thread for each character would be OTT. Just this thread should be enough. Finding the character you're after if you're too lazy to do a little searching is just a case of using Ctrl-F.

What's more over the top? Having a thread for each character that actually helps you play the game? Or having every other thread be about release dates, locating figures, complaining about not enough figures, bragging that you've got x number of figures, etc?

I would much prefer a consolidated thread about the latter than the former.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#73 Posted: 19:30:51 12/01/2012
Which skylanders have the best combos? I don't know whether it's worth going for the combo path just to see if it's ok or not, as I don't like to reset.
---
whirlwind1234 Green Sparx Gems: 212
#74 Posted: 19:43:23 13/01/2012
Anyone besides me have a Cynder yet? If so what is the best upgrade path for her? Same for Double trouble?
---
An irrelevant relic of the past
BahamtX Green Sparx Gems: 220
#75 Posted: 20:00:09 13/01/2012
Hi guys! I'm new here, but I've been a long time Spyro fan! I was reading your guy's post and I've come to the conclusion that people should just pick which path they prefer. Try using a Skylander and see which one of their two basic attacks you like to use best. I have 14 Skylanders and I'm about to get more but I think it really depends on the person and what they prefer. You should also take into account if you want to use strategy for your Skylanders by spreading their abilities out like Tashiji has been explaining or if you just want to go with power or whatever you prefer. It's up to you guys.

Here's my opinion on my Skylanders:
Spyro: I like the Sheep Burner path the best! Spyro is one of the best Skylanders and can hold his own throughout most of the game. Personally I like shooting fireballs and charging up the Daybringer Flame, plus, If Spyro has Earth Pound, it's takes more time to switch to using his charge attacks while flying and I have Spyro fly a lot to increase his speed and evasiveness.

Gill Grunt: I have done both paths with Gill Grunt and I like the Water Weaver the best! If you choose this path, you gain an ability to never run out of water for his water pack or his water gun! Plus you already get the Anchor Cannon which is way much better than the mediocre 3-shot Harpoon attack.

Trigger Happy: I've only done the Golden Frenzy, but I didn't feel completely satisfied with the bouncing bullets or this path. I've heard that the Golden Money bags path is more devastating and there's an ability where his pot of gold will rain down on enemies which sounds cool to me.

Drobot: Definitely Master Blaster! I found the blade gears to be useless as they hardly ever hit anything and using Drobots Quadro Blasters while hovering is a good way to deal damage and evade projectiles!

Flameslinger: I hardly ever use him, but I've heard the Marksmen path makes Flameslinger unstoppable! The Pyromancer path is good for people who have mastered using Flameslinger's abilities, so I don't know how to choose between them.

Stump Smash: Not one of my favorites. He sometimes has a hard time smashing enemies that are to close to him, so I'd go with the Nut Crafter path, but that's just me.

Bash: I really love Bash! He's one of my best Skylanders! I chose the Pulver Dragon path since I like to use his roll attack a lot, but the Granite Dragon path is good if you like using his powerful close-range attacks.

Zap: I've only chosen the Tesla Dragon path, but I haven't been completely satisfied, so I bet the Slime Serpent is probably better.

Hex: Shade Master! Definitely! She's one of the best long-range attackers and she becomes unstoppable when she shoots phantom orbs while behind her wall of bones! The skulls take too much time to charge up.

Dino-Rang: I'd go for the Boomerang Master path. I've only chosen the other path (what's it called?) and I'm not satisfied with it. Plus the Stone fist is better if you choose the Boomerang Master path I believe.

Eruptor: His eruption powers are pretty unique to him, but I prefer the Fire Blobs since the Eruptions leave him wide open for enemy attacks.

Chop Chop: This Skylander has some decent all around stats, plus incredible speed! I usually am able to slash his sword at enemies while dodging attacks so I'd go with the upgrading his sword. Shields are okay, but you're not going to need much defending in this game.

Sonic Boom: I prefer the Siren Griffin, because it's very desctructive! It makes Sonic Boom one of my best Skylanders. Medea Griffin could be good too if you want to be more strategic with your Skylanders.

Wrecking Ball: Hard to choose with this one. The tongue is cool but I can never predict where his tongue will go. It's hard for me to control especially with the Heroic Challenges. I chose the Force Shield Upgrade, which is good, but it still takes a while to charge up so I'm not sure.
---
Favorite Skylanders: Sunburn, Flashwing, Camo, Cynder, Spyro, Whirlwind, Zap, and Drobot.
Yes, all dragons. 'Cause dragons are awesome!
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#76 Posted: 16:09:11 15/01/2012
what do you recomd for eruptor ,hex and dino-rang
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#77 Posted: 16:45:20 15/01/2012
Quote: eruptor1999

For Eruptor, I chose Magmantor because lobbing those fireballs feels extremely satisfying. The Eruption attack leaves you open for attack, even if you do a good amount of damage, stronger enemies can still just walk through.

Hex I chose Shade Master. Again, i don't care for having to wait for things, and you're still open for attack. (Although the bones still help, if you're going up against say..the Knights, the blast radius from their attack will still do some damage to you)

Don't have Dino-Rang, but I'd choose the one that improves your boomerang.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#78 Posted: 16:50:31 15/01/2012
thanks
#79 Posted: 18:04:46 15/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

For Eruptor, I chose Magmantor because lobbing those fireballs feels extremely satisfying. The Eruption attack leaves you open for attack, even if you do a good amount of damage, stronger enemies can still just walk through.

Just so you know: Eruptor's volcanoer path contains an upgrade that reduces the "startup time" on the eruption attack so you are less open for attack. Ifyou are playing on the Wii version i've heard this upgrade gets rid of the startup time completely, meaning instant eruptions!
With the ammount of damage upgrades and extra projectiles that come with the Volcanoer's eruption attack, most enemies are slowed down enough to sustain substantial damage, including the strong ones.

Magmantor is still a really fun upgrade path though so choose whichever you fancy really.
---
#80 Posted: 18:40:49 15/01/2012

For dino rang, I do recommend grand boomerang master. I wasn't keen on the traps, and I use the boomerangs lots. If you like the boomerang shield, then go with that, but if you prefer the traps, well, you get the point...
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#81 Posted: 23:45:51 15/01/2012
Quote: Hazard335
Since any maxed out Skylander on either path can go threw Story Mode with ease, I chose to go the path that's best in PVP.
(I only ever played on the 360)

Spyro - Blitz Spyro [same for Dark and Legendary] (Stun Charge is very useful, Daybringer Flame is useless)
Voodood - Marauder (the most underrated path in the game, mainly because it takes a little practice to master using the Zipline)
Wrecking Ball - Ultimate Spinner (it's difficult to control where the Force Field Ball goes, but the Tongue Whap is completely useless)
Double Trouble - Channeler (best Magic Skylander, this path should be the obvious choice to everyone who has tried it)

Drobot - Master Blaster (best Tech Skylander, capable of very fast amounts of high damage)
Trigger Happy - Golden Money Bags [same for Legendary] (better then the other path by a good amount more then people think, Golden Yamato Blast is completely useless, Golden Pistols hardly suffer in the trade off, and the mines that spawn when your coin toss lands on heads are pretty useful)
Boomer - Demolition Troll (its hard to even get near him with his 6 Troll Bombs and 3 Dynamite Sticks)
Drill Sergeant - Megadozer (very fast and underrated, best when continuously using all attacks at once, and grazing opponents instead of ramming them head on and coming to a dead stop)

Bash - Granite Dragon [same for Legendary] (Gaia Hammer is extremely powerful to the point where your opponent will be scared to approach you)
Terrafin - Sandhog (best Earth Skylander, being immune to damage underground makes this path so cheap)
Prism Break - Crystaleer (Crystalline Armor is very helpful, while the Energy Beam just sucks no matter what path your on)
Dino-Rang - Grand Boomerang Master (another underrated path, his Boomerangs are extremely useful)

Whirlwind - Tempest Dragon (Tempest Matrix is very useful)
Sonic Boom - Medea Griffin (best Air Skylander, her babies are extremely useful, and her Roar hardly suffers in the trade off)
Lightning Rod - Lord of the Lightning (this makes him good at a distance, his Cloud Zapper Satellites just don't do much of anything for him)
Warnado - Eye of the Storm (best when continuously using all attacks at once)

Sunburn - Flame Lord (Immolation Teleport is obviously useful in a lot of ways, when Flamethrower Breath is useless unless you have time to charge it up, which then makes him pretty much immobile)
Ignitor - Soul of the Flame (best Fire Skylander, Flame Form with the Incinerate Explosion and Flame Mortars is extremely effective)
Flameslinger - Pyromancer (almost impossible to get near, and Napalm Tipped Arrows give him more strategy)
Eruptor - Volcanor (makes him impossible to approach)

Zap - Slime Serpent (automatically electrified Sea Slime is very useful)
Gill Grunt - Water Weaver (best when continuously using all attacks at once, he can put out much more damage on this path)
Slam Bam - Blizzard Brawler (Ice Prisons are useless on either path, when his Brawler Combos are awesome)
Wham-Shell - Captain Crustacean (best Water Skylander, his Malacostracan Mace can really deal out the damage in a wide area, when Starfish Bullets just cant on either path)

Camo - Vine Virtuoso (Melon Fountain might be good for defense, but it is just to easy to avoid the flying melons)
Stealth Elf - Pook Blade Saint (best Life Skylander, very quick, capable of crazy damage with Shadowsbane Blades, and Sylvan Regeneration is helpful)
Stump Smash - Nut Crafter (Meganut Propagation is very useful, and the ability to slow down opponents with Pollen Plume is helpful)
Zook - Floral Defender (great coverage of Cacti that knock opponents back as well as damage them)

Cynder - Nether Welder (best Undead Skylander, Spectral Lightning can go right threw most walls and cover a wide area, while Shadow Dash is still good for playing keep away)
Ghost Roaster - Skull Master (Ectoplasm Mode just makes him to slow, while Skull Charge is a very fast, high damaging attack that can hit multiple times in a single charge)
Chop Chop - Undead Defender [same for Legendary] (the Arkeyan Shield allows you to get close to opponents while blocking attacks, and when your there the Shield Stun Bash used continuously is your best attack)
Hex - Bone Crafter (being able to hide behind your damaging Wall of Bones while charging up Troll Skulls will deal out very high damage quite easily)

decided to post my list hear for anyone looking in the first few pages for path recommendations smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:04 09/02/2013 by Hazard335
#82 Posted: 23:57:21 15/01/2012
Quote: Hazard335
Anyone level up cynder slam bam and double trouble down both paths yet? Just looking for some good recamendations

I upgraded Slam Bam on the Blizzard Brawler path. Honestly, he gets a nice chunk of defense so you don't get hit as hard, plus he gets that cool ice armor.
---
#83 Posted: 04:37:43 16/01/2012
I second Blizzard Brawler. Glacier Yeti seems like it would be his best, but in the end, the power upgrades just aren't enough, and he turns into sort of a poor man's Prism Break, but without the instant setup Prism Break has on his field-based defenses, OR the damage they cause. The freeze effect can be shaken off in PVP and the sculptures are easy to dodge--almost too easy--so don't pick him for that... he is more fearsome up close. He'll never be Stealth Elf as far as melees go, but he (along with Voodood) is a strong also-ran in the close-range race. He's a good character, but he doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before either...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:35 16/01/2012 by Tashiji
#84 Posted: 23:41:35 16/01/2012
Thanks very much tashiji. Im also torn on wreaking ball. You didnt say why u like ultimate spinner better on the frst page. And i believe someone else said that its hard to contol where your going with that path. So im hesitent to level him up just yet
#85 Posted: 23:50:55 16/01/2012
I just found Double Trouble, so I'll do him. The Channeler path is pretty much the most amazing thing ever. It increases the power of his beam attack (which is pretty amazing already) AND it allows you to do the Magic Bomb attack in succession, which means anything near you gets repeatedly pummeled.

Honestly, the Exploding Doubles are okay, but that's really it. All they do is go up to an enemy and explode, and even if you do try upgrading them, that's basically all they do anyways. With the beam, it auto targets the nearest enemy, and continuously does 20 points of damage. That doesn't sound like much, but you can also move while holding the beam, meaning you can go back and forth and wipe out enemies within seconds.

In fact, the Channeler path has my vote of favorite Magic attack. I just solo'd Kaos with it, its THAT amazing.
---
#86 Posted: 15:48:05 17/01/2012
thanks spyroflame, gonna choose that path once i finish leveling up wreaking ball. still torn on him, any suggestions?
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#87 Posted: 02:40:15 18/01/2012
What do you recommend for Prism Break and Trigger Happy? I'm having trouble deciding.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#88 Posted: 02:45:03 18/01/2012
Don't know 'bout Prism Break(don't have him)... but definately go for the Golden Frenzy path for Trigger Happy.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#89 Posted: 02:46:57 18/01/2012
Quote: Fireballz
What do you recommend for Prism Break and Trigger Happy? I'm having trouble deciding.

The beams one and the shooting one.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:10 18/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#90 Posted: 03:20:21 18/01/2012
Thanks. I was thinking bout that too.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#91 Posted: 19:42:18 18/01/2012

Prism Break: Crystals one (as in not the lasers one), especially if you want to be good in PvP.

Trigger Happy: Your choice. Guns one is very fun but Money Bags one does more damage.
---
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#92 Posted: 20:20:42 18/01/2012
I am also very curious about cynder's recommended path as I picked her up today and will be leveling her tonight. I know you are able to slow your enemies with the ghost path which sounds like it could be nice for pvp, but I would imagine the damage output of the lightning path will be much better than buffing your ghosts... if no one has looked into it yet I'll report back once I've done some analyzing...
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
#93 Posted: 23:52:43 18/01/2012
Cynder: Nether Welder

The upgraded lightning makes Cynder one of the absolute best PVP characters in the game. Exploding ghosts (which the ghost path doesn't have for some reason...) are excellent for escape purposes, and her overall range with this path is completely absurd. Shadowdancer is a powerful path as well, but you're right if you're thinking that it neuters her overall damage a bit. A damaging Shadow Dash is a nice perk, but the lack of exploding ghosts, which were given to Nether Welder instead, goes a long way towards defeating the purpose of picking a ghost-centered path in the first place. Nether Welder seems as though it would be a one-trick pony, but Cynder's initial upgrades are quite formidable, and augmented lightning is just what she needs to actually crack the upper eschelon with Drobot, Stealth Elf, etc.

Double Trouble: Channeler.

It doesn't make sense to ignore the clones, because the character seems to be based around them, but looking past that will yield the better path. The Eldritch Beam upgrade is significant (nearly doubling his reach), and Magic Bombs, which are his best attack anyway, become one of the better attacks in the entire game with the Magic Armageddon upgrade. He can do 195 damage in a wide circle in under 3 seconds with this; few characters can claim a punch like that one. Additionally, and sadly, the doubles aren't really that much less powerful than on the Conjuror path, and form valuable added defenses even if they're not his "main" ability. This one is a no-brainer.
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#94 Posted: 14:10:40 19/01/2012
I have to agree with Tashiji on Nether Welder path for Cynder. The damage she can put out on that path is absurd. She's already fast enough with Shadow Dash that I'd rather have exploding ghosts than ones that can slow the enemy.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
Incindium Red Sparx Gems: 61
#95 Posted: 15:30:26 19/01/2012
This thread needs to be made sticky. I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it and ended up having to google to find it.
---
Magicsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Techsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Lifesmiliesmilie Earthsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Firesmiliesmilie Watersmiliesmiliesmilie Undeadsmiliesmiliesmilie Airsmiliesmilie
#96 Posted: 21:51:21 19/01/2012

Dunno bout PB, but get the moneybags for Triggy. Seeing as he's a low class Drobot, he may as well excel at something Drobot can't do.
---

#97 Posted: 23:08:36 19/01/2012

For Prism Break, I chose Prismancer. I really love the beams he shoot (which by the way are perfect for anyone trying to speed run a level with those rocks you normally have to chip through). Although his crystals do become an ungodly color of yellow, his attacks are actually really nice to have.

For Triggs I went down the Golden Frenzy path. Trigg's guns are what makes him unique to me, and having them bounce all around, basically spamming them makes quick work of everything in your radius. Honestly, the only use I saw for things like the Pot of Gold was to hit enemies up on a higher platform, and that only really occurs in the lagoon level.
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#98 Posted: 23:41:10 19/01/2012
which path is better for smilie
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#99 Posted: 23:53:40 19/01/2012
Quote: joerox123
which path is better for smilie

I went with Channeler and as I was saying in another thread, it allows you to basically solo Kaos. He's just that amazing! Like Tashiji detailed, it does a wicked amount of damage. The little exploding clones are cool for the character, but I just don't see them becoming any more effective than they are. And even then, you'd still be able to kill something with the beam before the clones would even get there.
---
BahamtX Green Sparx Gems: 220
#100 Posted: 01:31:57 22/01/2012
Quote: Geekycat

For dino rang, I do recommend grand boomerang master. I wasn't keen on the traps, and I use the boomerangs lots. If you like the boomerang shield, then go with that, but if you prefer the traps, well, you get the point...

I upgraded Dino-Rang down both paths. I really liked using his Boomerang shield the best so I went with upgrading the defensive path in hopes to upgrade the Boomerang Shield but it never happened. Turns out, you can power up the Boomerang Shield along with the regular Boomerang attacks if you choose Boomerang Master, so I recommend the Boomerang Master because it upgrades both of Dino-Rang's basic attacks.
---
Favorite Skylanders: Sunburn, Flashwing, Camo, Cynder, Spyro, Whirlwind, Zap, and Drobot.
Yes, all dragons. 'Cause dragons are awesome!
First | Page 2 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me