Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Gamemaster is selling his variant collection again?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Gamemaster is selling his variant collection again? [CLOSED]
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#1 Posted: 00:23:01 11/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen Gamemaster around lately and I just stumbled upon his ebay listings selling his variants again. Anybody know what's up?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/megax1...=p2047675.l2562
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#2 Posted: 01:19:25 11/09/2013
no advertising...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 01:31:31 11/09/2013
For the record he's made it known he's getting out of the variant business. Can't say I don't blame him, if he's buying 4 sets for his household.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:03 11/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 01:49:34 11/09/2013
Quote: minecrafter
no advertising...

It's not advertising ffs. You yelling at this for advertising is like saying the eBay fails topic is advertising. Can you use your noggin before you blurt out advertising next time?
---
words. letters. filler.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#5 Posted: 02:08:27 11/09/2013
I agree that this isn't advertising, unless there's some clandestine relationship between the eBay seller and "IWHBYD".

I always thought it was a ridiculous idea to attempt collecting four of every variant Skylander, especially when some of them cost $100 or more on the secondary market. If someone did manage to collect four of each of those variants somehow, and then that person ended-up needing or wanting for cash, I'd say selling off a few expensive Skylanders that are just collecting dust on a wall display ... that's a good place to start.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#6 Posted: 02:12:28 11/09/2013
^I think you misunderstand. He buys each of the regular non variant skylanders (maybe in game variants as well) for everyone in his family...I think it's 3 and one for the wall. He's giving up his chase stuff, of which I think he only bought one of each.

Not that it's any of our bees wax.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:00 11/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#7 Posted: 02:37:24 11/09/2013
I can confirm this is GM78 selling them. Look at the exact position in this pic, to the eBay ones.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 02:43:36 11/09/2013
Additionally, MegaX is a name GameMaster has used on other forums.
#9 Posted: 02:46:14 11/09/2013 | Topic Creator
no advertising...

lol! This is such a hostile forum it's, ridiculous.
---
#10 Posted: 02:47:17 11/09/2013
Well, at this point, although I don't think anyone intended this ... this thread HAS essentially become advertising.

Probably best to close it up.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#11 Posted: 05:53:02 11/09/2013
Quote: IWHBYD
no advertising...

lol! This is such a hostile forum it's, ridiculous.

^ Its pretty ridiculous I agree.
Can't blame him for selling them though- they are both way too pricey and a pain in the neck to get anyways-
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#12 Posted: 08:25:51 11/09/2013
Could everybody stop talking about advertising, and stick to the topic at hand? Geez. This is NOT advertising, not even close. And it's up to the moderators to categorize a thread as advertising and to act accordingly, leave it to them. *sigh*

BACK on topic: Some of those look so appealing, especially at those prices... Of course now they're too visible to bother hoping to win them, LOL! And that Rock Zook in that other pic would fulfill my requirement to get a S2 Zook... Side note: Went to Walmart today, saw Zook, yay! Almost the only SSA, I need S2, boo. LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:28:00 11/09/2013 by niceguy1
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 12:27:48 11/09/2013
Why is he selling them? There's too much idiot guy in the world... I would keep them all!!!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 13:31:41 11/09/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX
Why is he selling them? There's too much idiot guy in the world... I would keep them all!!!

That's rude.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 13:43:44 11/09/2013
Quote: Matteomax

That's rude.

Lol I know but... still... He spend a lot of $$$ and then he just... sell them again... is there any profid? I think NOT!
---
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#16 Posted: 13:46:46 11/09/2013
Quote: Matteomax

That's rude.

Lol I know but... still... He spend a lot of $$$ and then he just... sell them again... is there any profid? I think NOT!

Well since he's getting out of the variant business as someone previous already said, in the long run there is a huge profit... He'll have more money come Swap Force providing he sells them all, and he won't be spending anymore money trying to track down NIB variants on ebay... The way I see it its a win-win situation and makes everyone happy. Someone will be getting some awesome variants, GM will be making some money to go towards his 16x16 display for Swap Force...
---
Red Panda does not approve.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#17 Posted: 14:35:43 11/09/2013
I don't think this is on-topic. Love him or hate him, GM is a poster on the forums and not actually Skylanders-related. Not only that, we generally don't advertise, as others are saying. That being said, yup, those are his. GM is a lot more wishy-washy about his variants than I thought he was going to be when he started posting about them. But hey, if you're a single dad with three kids as GM is, there's always going to be something better to spend your money on than hundred-dollar figures. Maybe he just came to his senses a little.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#18 Posted: 14:40:23 11/09/2013
They are his figures to do what he pleases with.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#19 Posted: 15:43:41 11/09/2013
Quote: Tashiji
I don't think this is on-topic. Love him or hate him, GM is a poster on the forums and not actually Skylanders-related. Not only that, we generally don't advertise, as others are saying. That being said, yup, those are his. GM is a lot more wishy-washy about his variants than I thought he was going to be when he started posting about them. But hey, if you're a single dad with three kids as GM is, there's always going to be something better to spend your money on than hundred-dollar figures. Maybe he just came to his senses a little.

I'd say that but then he's still buying numerous copies of the same figure for the new game so, not really.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#20 Posted: 15:44:58 11/09/2013
Quote: shelly9871

Bottom line. It's a personal decision, and probably the reason why he hasn't visited this thread yet.

Quote: Sunny Castanets
I'd say that but then he's still buying numerous copies of the same figure for the new game so, not really.

For HIS FAMILY. He unboxes them all except for one set.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:47:14 11/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 15:59:32 11/09/2013
There is absolutely no debate about whether or not any individual is entitled to sell or not sell his toys. The suggestion that he shouldn't be allowed to sell Skylanders or that he should be ashamed or whatever is ridiculous, and I don't really believe that is what is being debated here ... or at least it should not be debated here.

The main issue that is relevant at this point, in my opinion, is that although "GameMaster" didn't initiate this thread and hasn't participated in this thread in any overt way, and although he (obviously) did not INTEND for this to become a form of advertising ... ultimately, this thread HAS served as an advertisement for his goods for sale (via eBay). This thread has drawn unwarranted attention to a specific subset of eBay listings that are specific to one eBay seller, who is an active member of this community. "GameMaster" may or may not directly benefit from this form of free unintentional advertising ... but the fact remains that this thread could very well be considered advertising by a reasonable person. And given that, the thread should probably be closed.
---
#22 Posted: 16:17:19 11/09/2013
Quote: Sunny Castanets

Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart. I honestly didn't even think of that. He's obviously selling them to afford 256+ Swappers at $15 a pop. I don't know how I could have been so blind to that, but you are right.
#23 Posted: 17:31:41 11/09/2013

One could rightfully say the same about scalpers.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#24 Posted: 17:51:46 11/09/2013
You just love to try to start problems. That is such a clear example of purposely trying to initiate an argument. But here is my answer...yes scalpers can do whatever they want...we all can...but I don't have to respect what they do.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#25 Posted: 18:45:08 11/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
There is absolutely no debate about whether or not any individual is entitled to sell or not sell his toys. The suggestion that he shouldn't be allowed to sell Skylanders or that he should be ashamed or whatever is ridiculous, and I don't really believe that is what is being debated here ... or at least it should not be debated here.

The main issue that is relevant at this point, in my opinion, is that although "GameMaster" didn't initiate this thread and hasn't participated in this thread in any overt way, and although he (obviously) did not INTEND for this to become a form of advertising ... ultimately, this thread HAS served as an advertisement for his goods for sale (via eBay). This thread has drawn unwarranted attention to a specific subset of eBay listings that are specific to one eBay seller, who is an active member of this community. "GameMaster" may or may not directly benefit from this form of free unintentional advertising ... but the fact remains that this thread could very well be considered advertising by a reasonable person. And given that, the thread should probably be closed.

Again why is everybody so hostile and worried about everything? There are topics on the first page of this forum that are 8 days old. Do you guys know why that is? It's because every time somebody posts something, it doesn't matter what it is there are 20 people jumping on them yelling, "no advertising", "there was already a topic about this", "random insult towards user". Most of the people here need to relax and stop being so negative. Maybe then people would actually post here and this wouldn't be a dead board.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#26 Posted: 19:31:03 11/09/2013
Yep. As I said before, I am out of the variant game. I know my local stores have a 15 dollar Pumpkin Eye Brawl, but I refuse to buy it.

Ghostroaster was right. It's partly due to the fact I buy 4 of every figure for my household. However, it's also due to the fact I am getting 17 of every Swaplander, minus dark, legendary, and alter egos.

Gotta streamline the Skylanders gear to just figures that show up in the game as they do in toy.

I took them down, because someone told me on August 7th that they wanted them. They then told me they would get them yesterday, before sending me a message yesterday saying they couldn't. As such, I relisted them today.

I always had the stance that any collection with or without variants, are just as good as one anothers, and I still take that stance. My collection's uniqueness will come from the way it is eventually displayed, not because I bought single pack Skylanders of different color for 100+ dollars, and I am totally fine with that. I'm not losing one ounce of sleep over being variantless.

If I do go for variants, and I may retract what I said about PEB earlier in the post, it will be those I can get at a store for 10 bucks, like GITD Sonic Boom, Fright Rider, Bronze Flameslinger, and Pumpkin Eye Brawl.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#27 Posted: 19:53:21 11/09/2013
^Based on your day one purchase list, I didn't see you buying all 17 so I naturally assumed you may have abandoned that quest. I like the idea you're doing it because I don't think too many people can say they did that...I would've gone for variants (in game at least) but to each their own.

Looking forward to seeing how the progress evolves.
---
#28 Posted: 20:21:20 11/09/2013
Nah, haven't abandoned it. I am still waiting to see if TRU has a buy 1 get 1 half off on all Skylanders. That's when I will fill out my 17 of each Swaplander, as it will save....... some money. smilie

The reason I haven't been on the Toys and Merch board as of late, is because I have been so swamped in life as of late. So, anytime I come to DS, I make sure to frequent the Swap Force board for any new info.

If you guys notice my collection topic, most of the pics are actually gone. Something about bandwidth and being popular according to Photobucket. I used to pay them 3 bucks a month to make sure that wasn't said.

When Swap Force releases, I plan on moving all relevant photos to another account, where I won't share them with any site except DS and Neogaf (if a Swap Force topic exists at Neogaf), in order to try and get that to not happen to my pics.

I we're just about 4 weeks out, or I would move them to a new account right now. However, I am so close to completing my re-write of my scripts - so I can send them out - while also playing Final Fantasy XIV, picking up the kiddos from school, and making sure what I need to sell in order to get Swap Force stuff, that I haven't had much time to post on DS at all.

I haven't read but the first post on this topic, mostly, but I have a feeling someone's probably calling me out as some person who bought these with the intent to sell, so I will just get it out of the way. I buy 3 sets to open (2 for me; 1 for the kids) and 1 set to hang on my wall.

I don't like being hindered by the fact you can only choose one path per new Skylander, so buying a second set is a must for me, in order to try the goods before deciding which path I think is best. A sealed set is a must, because I like the art and color of the packaging. Once you open the packaging and throw it away, the art and color is gone. So, to show some love to I-Wei, I keep a set to honor the awesome art he provides for the game.

Believe it or not, they put a lot of effort into the packaging.

Oh, and Ghost. Another reason I didn't list the 17 for day 1, is because even if they do a B1G1, I may still hold off and buy a few at a time. It really depends on if I sell everything I am selling on Ebay (which is a lot covering everything from NES to strategy guides) in time for Swap Force's release. I just sold a sealed Chrono Trigger DS (still have one opened) and Dragon Quest IV DS (have one opened as well). If all goes to plan, I SHOULD be able to buy 17 of each Swaplander on day 1. IF I don't, it will be because wave 2 released so close to launch, in which case, I'd rather get my 4 of every wave 2 character out of the way.

I say this, because as of today, one can go to stores and still find every Giant if they wanted to. I see this happening with Swaplanders. They will always be in more supply than regular core Skylanders and Lightcore. I can literally go to the Walmart down the street and there are 20 pegs filled with Crusher, Bouncer, Swarm, Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, Hot Head, and Ninjini.

So, just playing it all by ear. If wave 2 releases a day or week after launch, gotta focus on that. Know this, though. I won't abandon the goal of having all 256 to display or play with. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:10 11/09/2013 by GameMaster78
#29 Posted: 20:29:19 11/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
Nah, haven't abandoned it. I am still waiting to see if TRU has a buy 1 get 1 half off on all Skylanders. That's when I will fill out my 17 of each Swaplander, as it will save....... some money. smilie

The reason I haven't been on the Toys and Merch board as of late, is because I have been so swamped in life as of late. So, anytime I come to DS, I make sure to frequent the Swap Force board for any new info.

If you guys notice my collection topic, most of the pics are actually gone. Something about bandwidth and being popular according to Photobucket. I used to pay them 3 bucks a month to make sure that wasn't said.

When Swap Force releases, I plan on moving all relevant photos to another account, where I won't share them with any site except DS and Neogaf (if a Swap Force topic exists at Neogaf), in order to try and get that to not happen to my pics.

I we're just about 4 weeks out, or I would move them to a new account right now. However, I am so close to completing my re-write of my scripts - so I can send them out - while also playing Final Fantasy XIV, picking up the kiddos from school, and making sure what I need to sell in order to get Swap Force stuff, that I haven't had much time to post on DS at all.

I haven't read but the first post on this topic, mostly, but I have a feeling someone's probably calling me out as some person who bought these with the intent to sell, so I will just get it out of the way. I buy 3 sets to open (2 for me; 1 for the kids) and 1 set to hang on my wall.

I don't like being hindered by the fact you can only choose one path per new Skylander, so buying a second set is a must for me, in order to try the goods before deciding which path I think is best. A sealed set is a must, because I like the art and color of the packaging. Once you open the packaging and throw it away, the art and color is gone. So, to show some love to I-Wei, I keep a set to honor the awesome art he provides for the game.

Oh, and Ghost. Another reason I didn't list the 17 for day 1, is because even if they do a B1G1, I may still hold off and buy a few at a time. It really depends on if I sell everything I am selling on Ebay (which is a lot covering everything from NES to strategy guides) in time for Swap Force's release. I just sold a sealed Chrono Trigger DS (still have one opened) and Dragon Quest IV DS (have one opened as well). If all goes to plan, I SHOULD be able to buy 17 of each Swaplander on day 1. IF I don't, it will be because wave 2 released so close to launch, in which case, I'd rather get my 4 of every wave 2 character out of the way.

I say this, because as of today, one can go to stores and still find every Giant if they wanted to. I see this happening with Swaplanders. They will always be in more supply than regular core Skylanders and Lightcore. I can literally go to the Walmart down the street and there are 20 pegs filled with Crusher, Bouncer, Swarm, Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, Hot Head, and Ninjini.

So, just playing it all by ear. If wave 2 releases a day or week after launch, gotta focus on that. Know this, though. I won't abandon the goal of having all 256 to display or play with. smilie

Just to be clear, I'm not calling you out. I was just surprised, I didn't know you were going to stop collecting variants. I don't have a problem with people doing whatever they want with their property. I don't even have a problem with scalpers, if they can make some extra cash good for them.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#30 Posted: 21:05:57 11/09/2013

Well, good luck, buddy.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#31 Posted: 21:14:33 11/09/2013
Yeah, didn't know if anyone was calling me out, but usually it happens in some shape, way, or form. smilie

Yeah, I'm done with variants. I still consider my collection to be really good, all things considering. It will be unique in ways no others will, while theirs will be unique in a way mine won't.

It's about being different. If everyone owns the variants, it's still a couple of thousand people who can say, "Oh, I have that, too." However, buy 17 of every Swaplander... how many can say they've done that?

EDIT: Thanks, Matteo. It's for everyone who enjoys looking at my collection. While I might not be able to build a shelf for my Swap Force figures, I am going to display as much as I can on my final wall. As for showing off the 256 Swaplanders, I will probably have to take a pic of them laid out on the floor in my kitchen. Sometimes I wonder if that space will even be enough.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:11 11/09/2013 by GameMaster78
#32 Posted: 21:31:12 11/09/2013
You just love to try to start problems. That is such a clear example of purposely trying to initiate an argument. But here is my answer...yes scalpers can do whatever they want...we all can...but I don't have to respect what they do.

Hey, I agree with your statement. I just don't understand the disconnect that appears on these forums so often. Scalper going in and clearing a shelf is bad becuase he's keeping poor, defenseless kids from getting a toy. But, a collector going in, wiping the shelves for 'the Collection' (which also has the side effect of keeping them out of kid's hands) is okay.

Scalper buying a rare variant and reselling it at 10x the price is bad, but a "Collector" doing the same thing gets a free pass.

I don't care what anyone does with their own stuff. I've tried more than once to get Gamemaster to record a youtube video of him melting one of his uberrares. It's simply the disconnect that gets my attention each and every time.
higherstandard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1017
#33 Posted: 21:55:09 11/09/2013
I say collect what you want and enjoy it. Heck, the only thing I really buy now for my "collection" are prototypes, promotional items (displays, signs, advertisements, etc.), cardbacks (with little or no photo-damage), shipping boxes, and miscards. I also collect pictures of various Skylanders displays from around the world from my collecting friends I've met over the years. Even that is a full time effort.

However, if my mood changed and I wanted to start a different collection (I've already started doing that with Disney Infinity), I'd have no problem selling them off at the market rate, especially if that resulted in a profit.

Pretty sure I would not lose a second of sleep over it either.
#34 Posted: 23:01:16 11/09/2013
Quote: UncleBob

Hey, I agree with your statement. I just don't understand the disconnect that appears on these forums so often. Scalper going in and clearing a shelf is bad becuase he's keeping poor, defenseless kids from getting a toy. But, a collector going in, wiping the shelves for 'the Collection' (which also has the side effect of keeping them out of kid's hands) is okay.

Scalper buying a rare variant and reselling it at 10x the price is bad, but a "Collector" doing the same thing gets a free pass.

Yes. This. Exactly. There might be an ethical difference when you really get into the finer details, but functionally, it's exactly the same thing. If you oppose one, you should oppose both, because the same kids are left without a fair shot in either scenario.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#35 Posted: 00:41:55 12/09/2013
I say do what you want with your items and enjoy the game and figures for what they are toys that come to life in a game. Want 10 sets, get them, want 1 set get them. Ppl that buy many are actually promoting this game to last as they are buying items hence they need to order more/make more. Chase variants are in there own world and ya they suck because they are hard to find and many never hit the actual floor but there nothing one can do about that other then to right to acti/toysforbob and explain why it does. As for in game variants scalpers do buy them up because they know they are a one shot come and get them now before they are gone item. best you can do for those is get them when they come out/preorder if possible and hope you get them. As for the ones we don't know will become rare...like series 2 zook, bash etc again one needs to write to acti. about this and there assortments.

I for one will be collecting what I can afford as I go. I will get the in game variants when they come out and hope that I am able to buy the wave ones as i have money and hopefully get the ones that will turn into the series 2 bash etc before they do.
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#36 Posted: 00:55:44 12/09/2013
well at least im not some sort of know-at-all who complains "that's not advertising your so wrong blaaahh blah bla" pretty much bahnut breaker didn't really hurt my feelings... an other way... i pretty much couldn't help but laugh...

anyways.... he shouldn't of sold them..... to me they're priceless.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:37 12/09/2013 by minecrafter
#37 Posted: 01:17:57 12/09/2013
It's about being different. If everyone owns the variants, it's still a couple of thousand people who can say, "Oh, I have that, too." However, buy 17 of every Swaplander... how many can say they've done that?

It's ever changing. Everyone has their constraints and limits...bottom line (in my mind) is can you answer the question positively: "Are you enjoying what you're doing with this?" If the answer isn't no then it's time to bail. I enjoy the franchise but the chase of "get them all" is simply too much---knowing that the next wave is going to make Giants look like a warm up game. Like you, as long as I get one that shows up in game, I care not if the rest are purple, green or whatever.
---
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#38 Posted: 01:23:36 12/09/2013
Awww he's not selling a molten hot dog v.v
---
-something-
#39 Posted: 01:43:13 12/09/2013
Quote: Haseo
Awww he's not selling a molten hot dog v.v

lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item2c7257d2ef This is the best price where you can get it!

Or if you're talking about bronze hot dog...
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#40 Posted: 02:07:09 12/09/2013
There IS a significant difference between a scalper's shopping trip and a collector's. They might both head to the cashier with 20 figures each, but the scalper will have 20 of the same figure (or 10 each of 2 figures), leaving none on the shelf of that character. The collector will have 20 DIFFERENT characters. Even someone like GameMaster, buying 4 at a time, chances are that this will still leave others on the shelves for "the little kids". Also, I would think if a collector sees there's only 4 left, he might at least debate with himself leaving at least one, and getting his fourth later or elsewhere.

Of course, this 256 plan (I want to check the math on that, I suspect it might turn out to be 128 or similar, since the bottom of one can go one way and the top another) brings this whole philosophy into question, but plans are different than actions. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#41 Posted: 02:14:14 12/09/2013
well at least im not some sort of know-at-all who complains "that's not advertising your so wrong blaaahh blah bla" pretty much bahnut breaker didn't really hurt my feelings... an other way... i pretty much couldn't help but laugh...

anyways.... he shouldn't of sold them..... to me they're priceless.

I couldn't help but laugh at your grammar.
---
words. letters. filler.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#42 Posted: 02:40:13 12/09/2013
^Thats so rude haahaha smilie
---
i am trash
#43 Posted: 03:06:37 12/09/2013
Quote: niceguy1
There IS a significant difference between a scalper's shopping trip and a collector's. They might both head to the cashier with 20 figures each, but the scalper will have 20 of the same figure (or 10 each of 2 figures), leaving none on the shelf of that character. The collector will have 20 DIFFERENT characters. Even someone like GameMaster, buying 4 at a time, chances are that this will still leave others on the shelves for "the little kids". Also, I would think if a collector sees there's only 4 left, he might at least debate with himself leaving at least one, and getting his fourth later or elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if the buyer takes two or twenty - there's still the chance that the "poor, helpless little kids" are going to get left holding bags of nothing.
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#44 Posted: 03:18:46 12/09/2013
But if the collector only buys two as opposed to twenty, he's leaving a chance for a kid to come across and find said figure.

What you're suggesting from what I've read, UncleBob, is that the only way for it to be fair to the kids, is no one buy anything and let all the skylanders sit on the shelves... because then we're going to derail even further into, "well if Kid A buys it, it leaves Kid B out in the cold with nothing."
---
Red Panda does not approve.
#45 Posted: 03:28:28 12/09/2013
Unless that kid is #19.

What I'm saying is that it's not "unfair" to the kids if someone is there first and that someone buys the merchandise. Period.
#46 Posted: 04:26:52 12/09/2013

Again why is everybody so hostile and worried about everything? There are topics on the first page of this forum that are 8 days old. Do you guys know why that is? It's because every time somebody posts something, it doesn't matter what it is there are 20 people jumping on them yelling, "no advertising", "there was already a topic about this", "random insult towards user". Most of the people here need to relax and stop being so negative. Maybe then people would actually post here and this wouldn't be a dead board.

Dude, you're loco.
If you think I was being "hostile", then you have a very strange and effeminate (sorry, ladies) definition for "hostile".
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't need to "relax", as you put it. I am generally calm when viewing this forum, and with a few rare exceptions, I believe most regular participants here are also generally calm and have no need to "relax".
I also don't consider this to be a "dead board" ... in any way. There's something new here almost 24/7, and when it's slow, it's almost always because there isn't much new to chat about regarding Skylanders ... and that's quite normal.
I don't know how much you've been around on different boards on the internet, but based on your statements, I would venture to say you're on the naive side of the spectrum (oh no, was I being too "negative" there?). If you knew what's what, then you would know that most really super active boards are like that because they have lenient rules and therefore attract the type of vermin that enjoy an environment where there's few rules, and therefore little, if any, decorum. That flies in the face of your false assertion that this forum would be less "dead" if we didn't place an emphasis on culling the advertising, spamming, and trolling.

The truth is that in general this board is just "about right" for the level of activity that the majority of regular users are comfortable with. Some might prefer it a little more lively, while others would prefer it to be even quieter than it is now. But, like I said, this is, in my opinion, a generally positive group that simply frowns on idiocy. And there's nothing wrong with that. As for whether or not there's something wrong with you, that's up for debate.
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#47 Posted: 04:35:34 12/09/2013
Everyone's going ape over one man selling his skylanders? Outstanding.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#48 Posted: 04:37:38 12/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Dude, you're loco.
If you think I was being "hostile", then you have a very strange and effeminate (sorry, ladies) definition for "hostile".
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't need to "relax", as you put it. I am generally calm when viewing this forum, and with a few rare exceptions, I believe most regular participants here are also generally calm and have no need to "relax".
I also don't consider this to be a "dead board" ... in any way. There's something new here almost 24/7, and when it's slow, it's almost always because there isn't much new to chat about regarding Skylanders ... and that's quite normal.
I don't know how much you've been around on different boards on the internet, but based on your statements, I would venture to say you're on the naive side of the spectrum (oh no, was I being too "negative" there?). If you knew what's what, then you would know that most really super active boards are like that because they have lenient rules and therefore attract the type of vermin that enjoy an environment where there's few rules, and therefore little, if any, decorum. That flies in the face of your false assertion that this forum would be less "dead" if we didn't place an emphasis on culling the advertising, spamming, and trolling.

The truth is that in general this board is just "about right" for the level of activity that the majority of regular users are comfortable with. Some might prefer it a little more lively, while others would prefer it to be even quieter than it is now. But, like I said, this is, in my opinion, a generally positive group that simply frowns on idiocy. And there's nothing wrong with that. As for whether or not there's something wrong with you, that's up for debate.

You do need to relax if you think this is advertising, which at this point you said you do believe it is. I've been around for a long time, you don't need to worry about that. Most of the "idiocy" you guys frown upon isn't idiocy at all, that's the problem.
---
#49 Posted: 04:51:58 12/09/2013
Frankly, "IWHBYD", I don't worry about you, I'm relaxed as I write this, I stick by my opinion that this thread is unintentional advertising, and I think that (since you are referring to the rest of the community as "you guys") you view yourself as special and/or you just don't fit in here.

Please, by all means, don't let the door smack you on the way out.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#50 Posted: 17:53:57 12/09/2013
If he's selling them, so what? He's not scapling, the intent in buying them clearly wasn't for a quick buck.

Whatever, all I know is I want that Chop Chop. XP Though I shouldn't spend like $100 on one figure, so hey.

Oh well, hope you find good homes for all them GM. smilie
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:23 12/09/2013 by Seiki
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me