Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Price of Darkness [CLOSED]
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#51 Posted: 16:05:09 11/05/2012
Indeed.
begorle01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1493
#52 Posted: 02:57:28 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the long wait for the next chapter, but finals are coming up, and I need to devote my time to studying. After this friday, though, I will get straight onto working on the next chapter, it is already halfway finished btw smilie
---
A fanfic writer from DA who loves Spyro!
dark spyro1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#53 Posted: 17:07:29 14/06/2012
thank you
#54 Posted: 08:05:15 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness Ch. 7 Pt. 1

The Pain of Loss

Spyro stumbled backwards after hearing what his father had told him, accidentally closing the connection in the vision pool. "M-mother… did he just say… that Malefor…"
"He did." Icis replied, just as shocked as he was. "How is this possible?"
"I don't know." Spyro replied, still trying to grasp the idea of being related to the enemy of the world.
After all this time, he now began to wonder if Malefor was right about them being similar, they were related after all. Maybe he was supposed to follow his footsteps and bring about the great cleansing, like Malefor wanted to. Spyro shook away these thoughts and looked back into the vision pool, bringing Ignitus' image back up.
"Are you sure dad?" he asked, hoping his father had gained some weird sense of humor. "Is Malefor really one of my ancestors?"
"I'm afraid so, Spyro." Ignitus replied. "I was almost as surprised as you were when I found out."
"What do we do about this?" Icis asked.
"Nothing can be done. Nothing can change this fact. Even if we could go back and prevent Malefor from having that child, Spyro and I would have never existed, and Malefor would have won. In a way, we should be grateful, but Malefor and Demetrius must never learn of this secret. They would have more ways of trying to get into your head."
"This discovery will not leave this room." Spyro stated. "I swear it."
"As do I." Icis added.
"Good, but I also told you because I am unaware if Malefor knows this or not. If he does and you two meet in combat again he would no doubt use the surprise to his advantage."
"I understand." Spyro replied. "Have you learned anything more about Nukpana or the one that defeated him?"
"That was what I wanted to speak to you about next. Actually, I will not be the one doing the talking." Ignitus told him.
Before Spyro could reply or do anything, Ignitus' image disappeared from the pool. He tried to connect with him again, but felt something blocking him. Moments later he felt someone else trying to make contact with him, but the energy was not familiar to him. Spyro cautiously opened the connection, ready to shut it down if it had been an enemy, but froze when an image finally appeared. Staring at him from the pool was the head of another purple dragon, a female by the looks of it.
"Hello Spyro." The dragoness said. "It is nice to finally get to meet you."
"Are you Mysder?" Spyro asked.
"I am." She replied. "I have heard of your accomplishments. I must say I am impressed on how you were able to defeat Malefor and his son, twice."
"I defeated Demetrius three times actually, though the third one had a little, interference."
"I see." Mysder said. "Well, let's get down to business. Ignitus found me and wants me to tell you more about Malefor's plan."
"I'm listening."
"I do not know much about Malefor, aside from what I have been told, but I have a pretty good idea what he plans on doing next since you foiled his attempt to destroy the world. I believe he plans to take it over."
"The Earth Kingdom tried taking over the world, were they a part of that?" Icis asked.
"I cannot say that they were, but I would bet on it. I was able to witness the Golem's attack on Pyry from here, and I could only think of one dragon that could summon one of those creatures. In fact, I remember fighting them myself nearly a thousand years ago."
'Wow, she really is that old!' Spyro thought inside his head, but asked "are there any more of those creatures out there?"
"There are two more that I fought, but I kept their crystals with me. So long as I have them you have nothing to fear."
Spyro let out a sigh of relief before asking "how do you think Malefor plans to attack us? Our forces have tripled in size with the union of the elemental kingdoms, has he been recruiting other creatures?"
"I am not aware of any additions to his forces, but I do know of one weapon he wants."
Mysder moved away from his view and adjusted the vision to show a massive purple crystal that was behind her. Spyro looked closely and saw a dark aura emanating from the crystal, and upon further inspection saw the outline of a very large dragon. "Is that who I think it is?" he asked.
"Yes, Spyro. That is the Lord of Darkness, Nukpana." Mysder replied. "I managed to defeat him, but no matter what I tried, I could not kill him. With no other choice I had to imprison him inside this crystal. Unfortunately, he was, and is, the first dragon to ever use the power of darkness, making him the God of darkness. Without him, there would be no evil in this world. His strength may not be able to break through the crystal, but he can still pour out his energy into the world, making it possible for other dragons to grow stronger in their evil ways."
"Basically, he is the source of Malefor and Demetrius' power?" Icis asked.
"More like just Demetrius'. Not once have I seen or heard of Malefor use anything that has to do with the darkness." Spyro stated.
"Correct. Malefor relied more on the purple dragon's natural element, convexity." Mysder told them. "Convexity can be, though, combined with the darkness or, in your case, the light, to increase its strength. Now, Demetrius is not a pure purple dragon, which is why he cannot use convexity, but while he was dead Nukpana taught him a new element, one that I believe you have already seen."
"Arb?"
"Yes, it is a pure darkness element that I saw Nukpana use as well against me. You have the powers' one weakness, so as long as you stay strong you can easily fend that off."
"Alright, but how are they going to use Nukpana? You have him hidden away and are keeping him safe."
"He is hidden, but I can no longer keep him safe. My power has grown weaker each year. If Demetrius were to find me, I could not defeat him."
"Does anyone know of where you are?" Icis asked.
"Only the village of dragons near my location. I trust them though, they have kept quiet over the last thousand years, and they bring me supplies once a week." Mysder smiled lightly before adding "one of the kids that visits me during the deliveries loves to come and play with me. I may be weaker with my powers, but I can still keep up with the younglings."
Spyro saw his mother smile as well, making him smile as well. "Can you tell me where you are? I will send troops to…"
"No! No one in Warfang must know! If you send troops they will only make it easier for Demetrius to find me! I can only tell you on one condition."
"And that is?"
"Only if you come and take my place and protect Nukpana's crystal."
Spyro took a moment to think over what she said. He remembered the former chronicler asking him to take over, but that was seven years ago. The main reason why he refused was because of his newborn daughter and mate, he could not just leave them behind when they needed him the most, nor could he have taken them away from Warfang. Now that Luna was older and was already into her training, did he have a right to go? Should he leave his mate and daughter to protect the world from the strongest dragon ever to exist? This was no easy decision for him, both Icis and Mysder could tell.
---
#55 Posted: 08:05:57 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 7 Pt. 2

"Mysder." Spyro said after a long pause. "I can't take your place, not now at least. My daughter is still young and need me to be there for her, and all of her friends are here in Warfang. Until she is old enough to no longer need me, I cannot take your place.
Mysder sighed in reply and said "I figured you would say that. You are the first purple dragon to have ever been with their family, Malefor was the only other one to produce offspring, but he doesn't love them the way you do yours… both of yours."
Spyro lowered his head, remembering all that had happened between him and his son, all of the pain Phoenus had gone through, and the hatred he now had for his father. He could not give up on him, but he could not harm him, his heart would not allow it. Luna, though, would have no knowledge of him, besides the fact that he was evil and needed to be taken down. If he could pull that off, he had a chance to talk some sense into him.
"I cannot force you to take my position, but I can give you a piece of advice." Mysder stated. "Phoenus was trying to get away from those he loves to keep them from getting hurt, but now Demetrius has consumed his mind. He no longer cares about his old friends; at least he doesn't want to. If he were to see them harmed by what he did, then he may see what he has done wrong."
"How do I do that?" Spyro asked.
"I cannot tell you that, it must take place without a plan. He will come back to Warfang soon, his master needs something. If you find him, good luck."
With those last words Mysder's image disappeared from the pool, leaving Spyro alone with his mother, whom was shedding several tears. "What's wrong mother?" he asked.
She wiped her tears away before saying "it's Phoenus. I know how you two wanted to have him grow up without any of the pain you both grew up with, but now he is in a worse position than even Cynder had ever been in."
"I tried to keep him out of it, but this was all his doing." He told her while walking over and giving her a soft hug. "Luna will be different. She has not shown any signs of the elemental spasms that Phoenus had at her age."
"She is still very young though, and unaware of what could happen to her."
"If the time arrives that she needs to be told, then I will tell her. Until then all we can do is train her normally and pray nothing happens."
Icis nodded and said "I will be praying every day, along with my prayers for his return."
"As will I mother. As will I."
---
#56 Posted: 08:06:57 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
ch. 7 Pt. 3

Ember's hospital was filled with the cries of the electric guardian upon seeing the sight of her daughter's corpse on one of the tables. Ember had to evacuate the area around the room to make sure no one would make things worse for the grieving mother. Statica buried her head into the side of the bed, crying furiously, refusing to accept the truth.
"No… She can't be… She can't be dead!" she cried.
In the room with her was her mate, Glacier, whom was standing behind her, shedding tears as well. In the opposite corner of the room sat Tundra with the egg safely in a basket next to him. He hung his head down, unable to look her parents in the eyes. He still felt guilty for her death, despite all that Ember told him.
Glacier lowered down next to his mate and held her tightly as they cried together. Statica had been through too much pain throughout her life, he knew she was going to need him to get through this. He knew that from an early age she had to deal with the loss of her entire family only to lose another one now.
"My baby… My Eirlys…" Glacier cried.
The mourning parents hugged each other tightly, both wishing for the exact same thing: their daughter back. But, to their misfortune, she was never going to be back. They were not ready to accept it, no parent would be. The child that they had raised from just a mere hatchling was gone. The daughter they loved dearly could no longer make them smile from her happiness, or ask for them for help in her times of need.
Tundra could not take the pain anymore, and excused himself from the room, taking the egg with him. He closed the door quietly behind him and walked towards the lobby, where a gray dragoness suddenly walked up to him.
"Hey." She said. "Have you seen the Electric Guardian, Statica? I went to the temple, but a mole told me she came here."
Tundra was caught off guard for a moment, but quickly recovered by saying "yeah, she's here, but she does not want to be bothered right now."
"And why's that? Did she break a leg or something?"
"No… her daughter… and my mate… was killed today." Tundra told her.
The gray dragoness gasped before saying "I am so sorry! I did not know!"
"It's alright, it's not your fault, and there is no way you would have known." He told her.
"Well, I shall go find another guardian then." The dragoness said before walking out of the hospital.
Tundra watched her until she was out of sight before sighing sadly and sitting in one of the corners. He looked at his egg, still trying to figure out how to raise her by himself. He had been making plans with Eirlys over the last couple of years. Together they had decided to raise their child in Pyry, allowing Tundra to take over as King of Pyry one day. They had gone over everything they possibly could have, except for the names. Eirlys wanted to wait and see what gender it was before even thinking of names.
He held the egg close and quietly cried to himself, drawing the attention of each dragon passing by, but he did not care. It was not until Statica approached him after several hours that he finally looked up.
"Statica…" Tundra said with a slight sob in his voice. "I am sorry, I am so sorry."
"It was not your fault Tundra." She softly said. "She was my daughter, and I loved her more than most anything in this world, but this was not your doing, and I cannot put the blame on you."
"But…"
"You took care of my baby for three years, then brought her back into my life after I thought I lost her forever. You made her happy, and for that, I thank you deeply. You have also given me a granddaughter, which I know you will do a great job raising. But, I do wish she were here to raise her with you. She would have been a great mother."
"Yeah… She kept telling me, when we were younger, how she wanted as many children as she could." Tundra stated, making him chuckle a bit.
To his surprise she actually chuckled as well. "She was the same way before she left us. Eirlys kept talking about her wedding plans and who she was going to invite…" Statica wiped away some tears before saying "I am glad she was able to accomplish at least that before the end."
"And it was an honor to have been the one to make her dream a reality." Tundra stated.
Statica nodded then said after a few minutes said "I know her loss will weaken your heart for a while, but you must move on Tundra."
Tundra was completely shocked at what he just heard. "You want me to forget about Eirlys?" he asked.
"No, but I do think you need to move on and try your hardest to not let her death interfere with your life. Your daughter is going to need you twice as much now, and she cannot grow up with a father that is regretful and depressed. I know that Eirlys would love nothing more than to be with you right now, sharing the happiness of having an egg to call your own, but I am sure she would want you to move on in life without her. I know I am not in a place to say to get over her, but I still have a son to raise and a granddaughter to help raise. Someday you two will meet again, but until that day comes you will have a duty not only to your daughter, but to your kingdom. Do you understand?"
Tundra paused for a minute and thought over what he was told. He loved Eirlys, that he would never deny, but Statica was right. As the Prince of Pyry, he had a duty to one day take over the kingdom and do what I best for Pyry's citizens. And for his daughter, he had to raise her by himself now, and moping around about something in the past was not going to do him any good. He was still going to be miserable for a while, but he knew that one day he had to move on without her.
"You're right Statica, my daughter and kingdom will need me." He said to her. "But I do miss her deeply."
"As do I Tundra." She said while bringing him into a hug. "As do I, but I too have my duties to deal with."
They hugged each other for several minutes, and then Glacier walked up and joined them. Tundra softly cried with his in-laws, former in-laws, in memory of their beloved Eirlys.
---
#57 Posted: 08:07:51 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 7 Pt. 4

"Well? How do I look?" Phoenus asked.
"How would I know?" Dante replied, pointing to his blindfold.
Phoenus growled lightly before walking out of his room and looked for his master. Upon finding him sitting on a balcony, he asked "how do I look master?"
Demetrius turned and examined his apprentice, seeing that he was no longer red, but a dark blue now with gray horns and a tail-spade shaped like a raindrop. His eyes were also no longer the blood red color they used to be, they were now an innocent looking blue.
"Perfect, you will fit right in at Warfang!" Demetrius answered.
"Thank you master." Phoenus said with a slight bow. "Now, you want me to grab Nimrod's kid, alive?"
"Yes, we need him alive. His powers mean nothing to us if he is dead. Oh, and he needs a way to be persuaded to do what we want as well."
"I will find his weakness, and exploit it." Phoenus stated.
"Good. Now, I sense that there is something else on your mind."
"Yes master… It's…"
"Yes, I know. If you want to, you may check up on her if you wish, but focus on your mission. Once we have reached our objective you will be able to claim her as your prize."
"Thank you, master." Phoenus said with another bow. "I will return with Shadow shortly."
Demetrius nodded and watched his apprentice jump off of the balcony and fly towards Warfang. As he watched, Demetrius hoped that he would not get caught, or worse, killed. Without Phoenus on their side, he had nothing. All of the effort he put into his plan would have been for nothing.
"Master Nukpana, watch over our minion, and give him the strength to return safely."

"Get ready Eira, we're almost at the Blizzard." Glacia told her daughter, whom was still holding onto the unconscious Zoidius hanging on Murghus' back.
"I got him." She replied, wrapping her wing around him tightly to keep him warm.
Normally, only ice dragons would have been able to pass through Pyry's defenses, but they were desperate to get Zoidius some help that they needed to bring him through. The young dragon was weak from multiple cuts covering his body and from a lack of food.
"I will be going as fast as I can through this, so hang on tight!" Murghus warned her.
"I'm ready." Eira replied.
Murghus nodded before flapping his wings powerfully and flying as swiftly as he could through the blizzard with his mate close behind, keeping an eye on the kids. Eira could feel Zoidius shivering wildly, suffering from the extreme cold. Eira did her best to warm him up, but the blizzard was far too cold for the non-ice dragon. Having gone through this blizzard countless times, Murghus was able to lead them through as fast as he could without worrying about getting lost, he could have even done it with his eyes closed!
After a few minutes the blizzard finally started to slow down and the dragons could finally see the city of Pyry, finally rebuilt after the destruction caused by Alexis and the Ice Golem seven years ago, causing many innocent dragons to perish, including Murghus' best friend and mentor, Brohn.
"How is he Eira?" Murghus asked.
"He is shivering still, but breathing." She replied.
"Good, we still have time to get him help." Murghus stated as he continued flying towards the city.
They arrived at the gate several minutes later, but didn't bother to stop for the guards. When they started chasing them, Glacia said "I'll talk to the guards, you just get him to Malaxius."
Murghus nodded and kept flying while his mate stopped to tell the guards why they did not stop. The former ice guard landed on the palace steps and ran into the castle, looking for Malaxius and calling out her name. Soon enough he found Queen Krystal walking around the castle with her daughter, Juniper.
"Hello Murghus, it is nice to see you again." She said to him.
He quickly bowed and said "your majesty, I need to find Malaxius really quick! Do you know where she is?"
"Yes, she is finishing the preparations to the new hospital wing, should be in the same place it was in the last castle."
"Thank you your majesty." Murghus replied with another bow before running off again.
As he ran Krystal spotted the black dragon on his back and couldn't help but wonder who that was. She decided to follow him with her daughter to find out. Murghus wasted no time and pounded on the door to the hospital wing. Within seconds it was opened by another blue dragoness.
"Murghus? What brings you here?" she asked.
"Malaxius! I need your help!" He exclaimed as he walked in. After putting Zoidius on a table he said "we found this dragon on our way here, he needs your help!"
"Alright, I'll get right to work." She replied. "You two can wait outside, I will be out as soon as I can.
"Thank you Malaxius." Murghus said before walking out with Eira.
Eira hopped down to the floor and asked "is he going to be okay daddy?"
"I am sure he will." Murghus answered. "Malaxius is a very good friend of mine, and an excellent nurse. She will take care of him."
"I hope so." Eira said softly as she hugged her father.
Murghus placed a paw on her back in an attempt to comfort her as they waited patiently. After a couple of minutes passed by Krystal walked up to them with Juniper.
"Who was that on your back Murghus?" she asked.
Before Murghus could explain the door to the emergency room opened and Malaxius said "I have gotten him under several blankets and next to a fire, and I have also managed to wake him up. He has eaten some food and would like to speak with you."
"Alright." Murghus replied as he stood up.
He walked in with Eira and Krystal behind him and saw exactly what Malaxius had told them. He looked at them weakly and slightly groaning in pain.
"You wanted to speak with us?" Murghus asked.
Zoidius nodded weakly and said "thank you… for bringing me here…"
"We were happy to do it." Murghus said as he walked to the bedside. "We couldn't leave a dragon to suffer and die."
"That isn't what my father taught me." Zoidius replied.
"Well I am not your father, I am a dragon that cares for others."
"And I am truly grateful for that."
"It's Eira that deserves all of the credit. She's the one that found you in that forest." Murghus told him.
Zoidius looked at Eira, whom was now sitting on the bed next to him. "Thank you Eira, I am forever in your debt." He said, a slight blush on his cheek.
"It was nothing." She replied, blushing a bit as well.
"You should get some more food to eat then get some more rest, but I want to ask one more thing first."
"Okay, what is it?"
"Who is your father?"
Zoidius paused for a long moment before saying "D… Demetrius…"
---
#58 Posted: 12:19:57 03/07/2012
I love it! Can't wait for more. It was worth the wait.
#59 Posted: 18:36:13 04/07/2012
5 words
EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC

LOL
#60 Posted: 06:25:05 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator
thanks guys smilie
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#61 Posted: 22:17:02 02/08/2012
You've inspired me to write my own fanfic. Please, keep it up!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#62 Posted: 20:26:17 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness Ch. 8 pt.1

Return to Warfang

“What did you just say?” The Ice Captain asked.
“My father, his name is Demetrius.” The weak black dragon replied.
Murghus stumbled back a bit until he sat down to keep his balance from the shock. The innocent looking dragon that he had brought to Pyry for medical assistance was actually the son of the ‘Prince of Darkness’, the sworn enemy of the free world. ‘How… how can this be?’ he asked in his mind. ‘How can Demetrius’ son be like this? So innocent looking, so small, so…’ Murghus froze when he saw his daughter getting closer to Zoidius.
“Eira! Back away!” he exclaimed while pulling her away.
“Why daddy? What’s wrong?” Eira asked, having no idea as to why her father was acting so strangely.
“He is the son of a terrible monster! He cannot be trusted!”
Upon hearing this Zoidius released a sad sigh and said “You’re probably going to beat me up too, huh?” After rolling to his side with his back towards them he added “just make it quick.”
Eira looked up at her father and said “daddy, he has done nothing wrong!”
“I cannot trust him Eira, who knows what his father has planned with him!” Murghus replied. “Go outside sweetie.”
“But dad, he…”
“I said go outside!” Murghus shouted, scaring the young dragoness.
After being put on the floor Eira walked towards the door while staring at the ground, only looking up to Zoidius to say “I’m sorry…”
“I know you are.” He replied.
Once Eira was out of the room Murghus approached Zoidius and forcefully turned him towards himself, asking “what are you doing here, huh? What has your father sent you to do?”
“I am here because of you! You brought me here!”
“But why to us? Why to my family? I will not allow you to use us to get into Pyry and destroy what the kingdom has spent the last seven years fixing, because of your father!”
“My father hates me!” Zoidius yelled in reply, tears now falling from his eyes. “I tried my best to impress him, but was always shown up by my brother, and my sister! I was never good enough for him, no matter how hard I tried! He pushed me as far as my body could take, and still it wasn’t enough! No matter what, I was never strong enough to him! He would daily call me the most pathetic dragon to ever live! Even my mother didn’t care for me! When I was in pain, neither of them cared, they just threw me back into whatever training I had! And when I was supposed to kill apes that fell out of line, I refused! I don’t want to kill anyone, but my father would beat me for disobeying! Sometimes I would wish he killed me instead! And Phoenus, he was the worst of them! He would team up with my brother to fight me or beat me up!”
Zoidius took a moment to glare at Murghus with his tear filled eyes before adding “I want all of them to die!”
Murghus had to take a moment to soak in all that the young dragon had just shouted at him, realizing he was really wrong about Zoidius. Instead of being just like his father, Zoidius was the exact opposite. Even when looking through his eyes he could sense the pain and suffering he had gone through, and how serious he was about what he said last. He too knew the feeling of wanting one to die more than anything else, and the pain to go along with it.
After a moment of silence Murghus finally said “Zoidius, I am sorry. I had no idea…”
“That I have it worse than any other dragon in existence?” he interrupted. “Yeah, I figure I’ll be getting that a lot. Just mentioning who my father is causes anyone to just hate me without even getting to know me.”
Murghus gently put a paw on his shoulder, saying “I will not let that happen to you. I truly am sorry for what I said, and to make it up, I will accept you into our family, if that is your will.”
Little Zoidius was caught off guard for a moment but quickly recovered and said “I think I’ve had enough to do with families.”
“Come on Zoidius, I swear I am not normally like that! You will be treated just like a real son, and we will love as such for your entire life! And, we will not do anything to purposely harm you. You have my word.”
“I just… I need to think about it.” Zoidius replied before turning his body away from him again.
Murghus wanted to say more, but figured he had done enough and stood back up. After walking to the door he froze for a moment and looked back at him, saying “Eira has always wanted a brother.”
And with that, the Ice Captain walked out of the room, finding his daughter curled up against the opposite wall, facing away from him still unaware of his presence until he lightly nuzzled her back.
“Daddy?” she asked as she raised her head.
Murghus noticed that her eyes were red, assumedly from crying. Knowing all too well why she was crying he sighed and said “sweetie, I’m sorry for yelling at you. It was unnecessary and… I shouldn’t have done it. You did nothing wrong and didn’t deserve it.”
“It’s alright daddy.” Eira replied as she sat up, wiping her eyes clear of any lingering tears. “I was more afraid of what was going to happen to Zoidius.”
Murghus lowered down and lightly hugged his daughter, saying “nothing is going to happen to him sweetie, in fact he just might be living with us.”
“Really?! He might?!” she asked with a bit of excitement.
He nodded and said “I have to talk it over with your mother first, and he has to agree, but I really think he will be living with us from now on.”
Eira smiled and hugged him tighter. “Thanks daddy, thanks for not kicking him out.”
“Of course my angel, I may have lost control for a moment but I quickly learned that he had done nothing wrong and doesn’t deserve any kind of punishment.”
She smiled more and continued hugging him. “I love you daddy.”
“I love you too sweetie.” He replied. “Now, let’s go find mommy and explore the new castle, okay?”
“Okay!” Eira replied before jumping out of his grasp and running down the hall.
Murghus chuckled and chased after her slowly, letting her keep a good distance ahead of him.
---
#63 Posted: 20:27:12 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 8 pt. 2

The news about Eirlys’ death quickly spread throughout Warfang. Anyone that knew her personally went to the hospital to find out whether the rumors were true or not. Among those dragons were Granite, Blazelight, Shadow and Damian, her closest friends. Each and every single friend or acquaintance that stopped by, not a single one left without tears falling from their eyes.
The funeral was held for the princess the next day, allowing Ember to prepare the body for burial and time for the grave keepers to set up a site to bury her in. Just after midday the next day the burial took place after a short and private memorial service. Only those that were really close to the families were allowed to attend as to lower the crowd. Both Eirlys and Tundra had plenty of friends, some similar and some just for themselves.
During the service, her friends each came up to describe what kind of a dragon Eirlys was and the best thing they could remember about her. Flame, whom was leading the service, asked Tundra if there was anything he wanted to say. Without saying anything in reply he stepped towards the front near the coffin that his mate laid in, avoiding looking at her anyway possible as to avoid breaking down with tears before he could even speak. He turned towards the group of dragons present. He took a deep breath as both a sigh and preparation for his speech.
“Eirlys, was the greatest dragoness I have ever met. She and I, shared so many great memories together, all of which I shall never forget. When I was getting to know her all those years ago, I was a different dragon than I am today. She helped me start caring about becoming a prince and what I needed to do for my subjects. I will forever use what she has taught me to good use for the citizens of Pyry, and our daughter.
“She may be gone, but I believe what I have been taught my whole life and I know she will be watching over us, I sure could use any blessing I can get with raising her…” he paused for a moment to take a deep breath before saying “I have always loved you Eirlys, and always will. Goodbye my friend, my life… my mate…”
The Ice Prince could no longer hold back his tears and allowed them to flow freely from his eyes. Flame walked back up and held the young dragon lightly, gently patting his back. From the front row, Statica and Glacier also walked up and embraced Tundra, joining him in his sorrow. Damian, Granite, Blazelight and the rest of those present also cried, missing their good friend already.
After calming down enough, Tundra walked to the open casket where Eirlys’ body laid still. He gently lowered his head and nuzzled her cheek lightly for the last time. Once he backed away, Glacier did the same, softly whispering rest in peace. After that, he slowly closed the casket, allowing Aden and his second in command, Bowen, to lift it up and carry it to a lift which sat over the hole that was dug out to be her grave. Together they turned the levers.
Everyone watched as Eirlys’ casket slowly began to descend into the grave. Once the lift hit the bottom, the two soldiers cleared the levers and allowed Gravel to come forward and slowly use his powers to fill the hole with dirt. Tundra stood by the edge with their egg held up to him by his paw and watched as the casket holding his mate slowly began to disappear from his sight. Within a couple of minutes Gravel finished filling in the hole and moved away so Granite could put the finishing touches by rolling out fresh grass to cover the dirt.
Once they were both finished, Granite started a line to pass by the grave and give their final goodbye. After everyone passed by, all that remained were Tundra and his egg. He continued to stare at the grave, still hoping that this was all a terrible dream. To his dismay, it wasn’t, and his mate was truly gone, something he knew he would have to grasp and accept someday.
“It will be tough… without you here by my side… I will miss you so much… goodbye my love…”
---
#64 Posted: 20:27:29 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 8 pt. 3

“Warfang, the dragon city.” Phoenus said to himself. “My old home, my future kingdom!”
The sun was just about to set when he arrived at the city, right on schedule. Now was the time that most dragons would be finishing up with whatever job they had and began their trip home, so assuming that his target was trying to make a living he figured he would search through the crowd of dragons and find the one that fit his description.
“Time to find this freak and finally achieve our goal!” he exclaimed before flying down to the city and landing in the middle of a street.
Surely enough he was correct, a large crowd of dragons began to flood the streets around him. Doing his best to blend in, he walked around casually, removing his usual angry glare with a calm look as he scanned the crowd around him.
“Remember, he is a black and red dragon with no wings.” He remembered Nimrod telling him. “You find a dragon like that, you should be able to sense the darkness inside of him to confirm it.”
“How hard can it be to find a wingless dragon?” he asked himself. “It’s not like there are a lot of parents ripping their child’s wings off.”
Phoenus continued his search, looking over each and every dragon making sure he didn’t miss his target. During his absence, he had forgotten exactly how big the city was and how many dragons lived there, even with all of the power he had he was becoming worn out from scanning all of the dragons. It did not take long for him to realize that he did not have enough energy to find him, not without alerting the one he wanted to avoid.
“I need to think of something else…” he said to himself under his breath, trying to think of how to find him.
Just as he was about to give up and call it a night, he noticed the crowd began to slowly disperse, making it easier for him to walk, look and sense around his surroundings. Without any further delay, he continued his search, becoming bolder and widening his range a bit, still staying safe enough to avoid his father’s senses. The last thing he wanted was to have a confrontation and lose any chance he had of finding the target, or to see his despicable father.
The minion of darkness continued searching all the way until only a sliver of the sun remained over the horizon. Figuring he missed his chance to find him today he decided to rent a hotel room and remain hidden until he could continue his search the next day. He remembered where some nice hotels were and started walking to them, but stopped when he saw someone familiar walking towards him. It was the only dragon he actually wanted to see, the only one his heart still cared for; Granite.
Phoenus knew he was still in his disguise, but he played it safe by staying away from her as she passed by. He wanted more than anything to be with her again, but the time was not right. Once his goals had been accomplished he could finally take her back and live the life they wanted, together. But, until then, she could not know or sense that it was him.
Once she walked past him he turned and watched her for a minute, admiring how she looked now being a full grown dragoness. Seeing her now made part of him regret leaving, but made all of him just want to hold her and be close to her again. If it hadn’t been for his fathers’ failures and that curse he would be by her side, never leaving it for anything.
Something shiny caught Phoenus’ attention, bringing his mind back to reality. He noticed that the satchel strapped around Granite’s front left leg had a hole in it, and her gems were slowly falling out onto the street. Reacting on his former instincts he ran up and grabbed all of the gems and walked after her.
“Excuse me ma’am.” He announced, getting her attention. “You’ve dropped your gems.”
Granite looked back and replied “I am? Oh, I see, my satchel has sprung a hole.”
“Yeah, you should probably get that fixed.” Phoenus told her, trying his hardest to keep to his fake voice.
“Yeah, I should.” Granite said in agreement. “Well thank you…”
“Um, Ice. The name’s Ice.”
“Thank you Ice, my name’s Granite.”
“Pleasure to meet you ma’am.” He said with a bow.
Granite giggled and said “the pleasure’s all mine. You did same my gems after all. How about I repay you by getting you a drink? I was just about to head over to my friend Damian’s bar.”
“Oh, no, thank you. I have somewhere I really need to be though.”
“Aw, that’s too bad. Well, thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to help out a stranger.”
“Anything for one as beautiful as you.”
She blushed and giggled from his statement and said “you are very kind indeed. Any dragoness would be lucky to have you as their mate.
He smiled and said “I would be the one that’s lucky. The one I have an eye on means the world to me, even though we are so far apart.”
“I know exactly how you feel.” She stated, making Phoenus’ heart skip a beat. “Good luck with getting her.”
“Thanks, and good luck to you too.”
With another smile and a nod Granite locked up her satchel and carried it by her teeth, covering the hole to keep the gems inside. As she turned and started walking away, he stood and watched for a minute more, getting one more good look at the dragoness he loved before moving on and continuing with the mission.
Not long after his encounter with Granite, Phoenus began to sense something. He looked around and searched for the source, recognizing it as something similar to what Nimrod had. Figuring that it had to be his son, he searched the area and sure enough, found a wingless dragon walking the opposite direction.
“There you are.” He said to himself.
He wanted to grab him right there, but two things prevented him from doing so. One, he remembered what his master told him to do. ‘Find something to persuade him to do our will’ he said. The second was that his uncle and Fire Guardian, Flame, was walking right next to him. He could not simply grab Shadow without one of the most powerful dragons in the city seeing him, and he did not want to fight at the moment.
“Might as well follow him and see where he lives.”
And so he did. He followed the two dragons at a safe distance, staying close enough to still see them but far away enough to avoid drawing attention to himself. Phoenus continued fallowing them all the way to a house, recognizing it as where Flame had lived for as long as he could remember.
“I don’t need to use my powers to figure out why he lives there.” He said to himself. “He is mates with Blazelight!”
He continued watching and sure enough, he saw Blazelight come out and welcome Shadow home with a hug. Phoenus grinned and chuckled evilly, the sight giving him a great idea.
“I just found his weakness, perfect!”
With all of the information he needed in his possession, Phoenus walked away, finding the nearest hotel he could find and crashed for the night, preparing himself for the next day.
---
#65 Posted: 18:26:26 07/11/2012
That was great i feel so bad for Phoenus smilie
#66 Posted: 03:24:23 09/11/2012
Oh, yay! smilie Great chapter. I really wish Granite and Phoenus could be together...
---
#67 Posted: 03:56:45 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
ds1: Thank you smilie and who wouldn't?

SMX:Thank you smilie maybe they will, maybed they won't, only I know smilie
---
#68 Posted: 02:28:05 02/12/2012
That was a great chapter. Keep it up.
Youla Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#69 Posted: 18:25:27 07/12/2012
Hey, I just read your whole pages, and took me 3 hours straight to finish...
You are a nice writer...Keep up the good storyline
I have my own fanfic, but I need someone to help with my grammar and wording to express my imagination...
You just continue your fanfic, and I'll do my part: Read and learn your way and style.
#70 Posted: 21:18:17 17/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you for your kind words smilie I will continue this when I get the time with my busy college schedule, but if you are ever in need of help pm me or, if you have one, find me on my DA page with the same username.
---
#71 Posted: 23:03:00 17/01/2013
I have DA too, just use my full name...
Cluanne Youla
#72 Posted: 06:10:07 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I have watched you smilie
---
#73 Posted: 02:28:43 19/01/2013
Oww, thanks so much smilie
#74 Posted: 00:36:31 31/01/2013
could you make a link back to dark decendants please?
and if there was a story before that could you include that aswell please
#75 Posted: 02:41:46 17/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Dark Descendant: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=35060 (note that this is currently being edited on my DA page)

Rise of the Imprisoned: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=36290 (the second book)

And there is a prequel to all of these called Family Tree, but I am pretty sure I haven't posted them on this site.
---
#76 Posted: 19:09:13 19/02/2013
Thank you
#77 Posted: 00:57:55 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I am finally getting back to this story! The next chapter should be finished sometime next week!
---
#78 Posted: 02:11:00 06/06/2013
Quote: begorle01
I am finally getting back to this story! The next chapter should be finished sometime next week!

Oh, goodie! I've been waiting for you to update this for soooo long I can't even tell you...
:D :D :D
---
#79 Posted: 02:51:58 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness Ch. 9 pt. 1

Capture

“There you are!” The Ice guardian exclaimed upon finding her mate and daughter.
“Mommy!” Eira replied as she ran up and hugged her tightly. “Daddy said Zoidius will live with us!”
Glacia looked up at Murghus and asked “oh did he now?”
Murghus grinned and chuckled nervously before saying “well I was going to talk it over with you first my love.”
“Uh-huh, of course you were.” She replied with a giggle. “If Zoidius is up for it, then I will be alright with him living with us.”
Hearing those words made Eira smile widen to as big as it could get. “Oh thank you thank you thank you!” She said while hugging Glacia even more.
Her mother smiled and hugged her back, softly whispering “though you may be a real big sister someday soon, don’t tell your father though.”
Upon hearing this, Eira found it hard to contain the excitement that now filled her body, but obeying her mother’s request she kept it bottled in. “I won’t.” She whispered back.
Glacia smiled again and kissed her daughters cheek. “Now, it is time for you to get to bed.”
The young dragoness groaned and said “but I’m not even tired!”
“Your mother’s right sweetie, it is late and we had a long flight today.” Murghus stated.
“And growing dragons need their sleep.” Glacia added.
After letting out a small sigh Eira said “alright, you win.”
“That’s my girl.” Glacia said with a soft lick to her forehead.
Murghus walked up and laid his body down next to her, allowing his daughter to climb onto his back. “I’ll tuck you in real quick, then mommy and I will be along shortly.”
“Where are you two going?”
“There’s this place we need to visit, a place very special to the both of us.” Murghus answered with a smile to his beautiful mate.
“Oh, alright.” Eira said as she hopped onto her father’s back.
Murghus slowly stood back up and after letting Glacia nuzzle their daughter once more he carried her off to where her room was. Once she was all tucked in and given one last kiss goodnight before leaving her to fall asleep he walked out to the most sacred place to him: the first place he spent a private moment with his mate seven years earlier, the mystical Gardens of Pyry.
To everyone’s surprise, the garden was one of the few places to have survived Alexis’ attack on the city. Whether it was by coincidence or avoided on purpose, nobody would ever know. While she was sparred her life, Alexis was in the seventh year of a lifetime sentence in the dungeons of Pyry, refusing to speak to anyone besides Murghus. Regardless of what he says, though, she refuses to speak about anything but the ‘love’ she still has for him. Because of this, Murghus has refused to go back down there.
Murghus found his mate looking over some of the same rose bushes as seven years over, bringing a wave of nostalgia through Murghus’ mind. Seeing his beautiful mate standing in front of him made him feel at peace, regardless of all the problems in the world. Knowing that he had the special dragoness to call his, one to love to the day he dies. His love, his Glacia.
“Enjoying the garden, my love?” He finally asked.
“Very much so.” She replied. “The memories here are, wonderful. I wish I could feel this relaxed all the time.”
“As do I, and I pray every day that we will get that one day.” He told her. “Until then, though, I have my love for you keeping me going.”
“And mine for you.” She said along with a soft nuzzle.
Murghus returned the muzzle and said “who would have thought when we first met that we would be here seven years later with a beautiful daughter?”
“I most certainly didn’t. When I landed in Pyry for the first time, I just thought I would meet the queen and leave. But instead, I found the one to complete my life, and I couldn’t be happier.”
With smiles on their muzzles the two lovers hugged each other in a warm embrace, feeling each other’s heartbeat. During this hug, Murghus felt Glacia’s heart rate going a bit faster than usual, causing him to pull back and ask “my love, is something wrong?”
She gave him a warm smile before replying “no, Murghus, just the exact opposite.” She placed her paw on his cheek as she said “Murghus, we’re going to have another child!”
Caught completely off guard, the Ice Captain felt his heart skip a beat and his legs lost their balance for a moment. “Wh… What did you say?” Murghus managed to ask.
“We’re having another child! Due in two weeks!”
“Gl… Glacia… This is wonderful news!” he stammered out as he hugged her again. “Eira is going to be a sister! We are going to be parents of two hatchlings!”
The two overjoyed parents kept the tight embrace going as soft snow began to lightly sprinkle the night sky in Pyry, both of them could not be happier with the way their lives have turned out.
---
#80 Posted: 02:52:34 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Ch. 9 pt. 2

Morning, the time of day most dragons dread the most. Having to get out of their comfortable beds and go to work or school, though, left them no choice. All but the stay-at-home parents and hatchlings too young for school were still enjoying their sleep.
For Phoenus, though, the morning could not have come soon enough. All through the night he went over the plan to capture Shadow. With it deeply ingrained in his mind, Phoenus was now eager to put it into action. All that remained was to wait for the opportune moment.
The beginning of his plan was already in motion. After he located Shadow, Phoenus back tracked his steps and found a hotel that stood over the road in which his target took, the very same one he stayed the night in. Luckily for him, there was a room available that overlooked the street. Even if there were no rooms, he would have gotten one through violence or mind corruption, but he was thankful he did not have to risk giving himself away.
During his wait, memories flooded into his mind as he thought about the city. Unwillingly he thought of all the fun he had as a kid with all of his friends. On sunny days like this they would always be outside playing one of the many games they came up with. It was always something new almost every day, keeping their lives exciting. As long as they were outside and playing together, nothing else in the world mattered.
Then came the spasms.
Ever since the first one happened, his life became worse. Eirly’s disappearance, the school being destroyed by him, his father’s failure to cure him, all leading to where he was now.
Phoenus was pulled from his thoughts when he saw his target walking down the street, unfortunately with Flame, forcing him to think over his strategy once more.
“I can’t take him with Flame around, the guards would be all over me in seconds! Time for the backup plan.” He stated.
He was hoping to not have to use the backup plan, but with no other choice he had to do it, he had to capture his cousin, Blazelight. To him, Blazelight was one of the few dragons he still cared for. Even now he did not wish to harm her in any way.
Having no other choice, Phoenus quickly wrote down a letter before changing back into his ice dragon form. With everything ready, he walked out of his room, out of the hotel, and onto the street, blending into the crowd and made his way to his cousins house.
Once he arrived Phoenus made a quick scan of the house, seeing that she was alone, presumably still in bed. Without Flame or Ember there kidnapping her will be fairly easier.
Before he could make his way to the door, though, he felt something hit his leg, followed immediately by someone saying “watch where you’re going Luna.”
Phoenus felt his heart sink heavily, for he knew that voice. Even without looking, Phoenus knew that his father was right behind him.
“Sorry daddy.” Said a soft young voice, making Phoenus realize his sister was the one who bumped into him.
After turning his head to them his fears became reality. There stood his father, now around the same size as him. The last time he saw him, Phoenus was still a child. Now his father seemed smaller, and weaker, than when he was a kid.
“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to him.” Spyro told her.
Phoenus looked down and saw his sister for the first time. Aside from the hatred, anger, and jealousy he felt a small amount of joy. As a child, Phoenus always wanted a little brother or sister, as most first-born dragons do. But, his anger built at the fact that she did not have any sign of having any elemental disturbance inside her. But he held back his anger to keep his father from sensing anything suspicious.
“I’m sorry sir.” She said to him.
Making sure he had his fake voice going, he replied with “it’s quite alright little one.”
Luna smiled at him before saying “my daddy is taking me to the park!”
“Now now Luna, I’m sure this dragon has something he was doing.”
“It’s fine da… sir. I was just walking around.” Phoenus said, mentally hitting himself for almost giving himself away.
“Either way, we all should be going. Take care sir.” Spyro said before walking away.
Phoenus paused for a moment before replying with “you too.”
He watched his father and sister walk around the corner of the street before making his way up to Blazelight’s home, but not before Luna took one last look at him, feeling something odd about him. Upon arriving to the front door, Phoenus looked back and forth down the street to make sure no one was watching before turning back into his original form. Once he was ready he took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
Just a few seconds later, Phoenus heard the door click and watched it slowly open, revealing a very surprised Blazelight standing behind it.
“Phoenus?! Is that really you?!” she asked in disbelief.
After a short pause, he said “I’m so sorry.”
Before she had any time to react Phoenus exhaled a puff of smoke at her, using some of his poison element to knock her unconscious. As she fell he caught her and softly laid her down. He then checked her pulse to make sure she was alright. Once he determined she was alright, he scanned the street once more before lifting her onto his back and carried her out to the street, stopping at one of the entrances to the sewers of Warfang. When the lid was removed Phoenus gently dropped Blazelight in, remembering that Master Terrador once taught him that the sewers lead to a lake outside of the city, making it easier to sneak her out without being detected.
“I am so sorry Blazelight.” He said again as he watched her float away safely.
When she was out of his view, he sealed the hole again. Phoenus then went back into her home to leave the note on their dining room table. With everything taken care of, Phoenus left the house and walked down the street, needing to take care of one more thing before leaving.
---
#81 Posted: 02:52:52 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Ch. 9 pt. 3

Spyro sat and watched his daughter run off and join a group of dragons her age, among them was Thunor. Glacier sat nearby, but was alone. Spyro knew it was still too soon after the death of his daughter. When he was ready, Glacier will talk to someone again. Until then, he stayed by himself while watching Thunor play and recover in his own way. Spyro couldn’t tell how much Thunor was affected, for he seemed to be doing alright as he was running around and playing with the others. Maybe it was just because Luna was there, and he had to look strong for her.
Something pulled Spyro away from his thoughts, an all too familiar presence nearby. A presence he hadn’t felt in years.
“Phoenus…”
“Hello father.” Phoenus said as he walked up and sat next to him. “I see you wasted no time in moving on. How old is she? Seven? Right around the time I left.”
“We found out about her right as you left us! I was going to tell you after you came home from calming down, but you ran away before I could!”
“Is this another one of your lies?”
“No, no lies, never have there been any lies. I have told nothing but the truth to you since the day you hatched! What happened was beyond any of our control! If you just kept trying we could have…”
“No! I am done waiting! I am cured now! I am stronger now!” Phoenus exclaimed.
“Because of the darkness! Phoenus, your mother and I know from experience that the darkness is terrible to have! Please leave that behind and come home, we both miss you so much.”
After a brief pause Phoenus asked “does she know?” referring to Luna.
Spyro hesitated before saying “she does not. We have not told her anything about you.”
“Oh really? And what of the curse? Has she experienced it yet?”
“No, she has not.”
“So she is the perfect child you’ve always wanted then. Nothing wrong with her unlike her older brother.”
“Nothing was wrong with you! We didn’t love you any less because of the spasms! Granite didn’t love you any less either! We all love you so much my son!”
With a small growl Phoenus said “you have no right to call me that! Demetrius has been more of a father than you! He cured me for good!”
“He is just using you! He doesn’t care about you, he just wants to use you!”
“Even if he is, he cured me! I no longer need to live in fear because of him! I have a life again!”
“At what cost?” Spyro asked. “Never seeing those that love you ever again? Losing all of those friends you’ve made? Losing Granite?”
“I have not lost her! She still loves me, and I will come back and claim her with this city!”
“You will do no such thing!” Spyro exclaimed as raised his paw in an attempt to push Phoenus down, but gasped in shock as his paw went right though his son.
Phoenus chuckled and said “another skill I have learned. You have been talking to a shadow. I am actually out of the city with my real target.”
“But you’ve been talking to me this whole time!”
“And I have said and heard everything that was said, and meant all of it.”
With a low growl Spyro replied “you will not take over Warfang! You will be stopped, and you will come home where you belong!”
“I look forward to seeing you fail.” Phoenus said before his copy disappeared, leaving Spyro alone once more.
The purple dragon sat still for a few moments, trying to take in all of what just transpired. It took looking at Glacier, whom was staring back at him in shock, to realize that it actually happened, that his son really had sat next to him, at least his shadow did.
Not long after, Spyro got up and went to where Luna was and said “Luna, we need to go train now.”
“But dad, it’s our day off!” Luna replied.
“I’m sorry sweetie, but something has come up and we need to work on it more.”
---
#82 Posted: 23:33:06 13/07/2013
Thats Incredable some really good chapters to get back into the story with!
Glad to see you've still got it!
smilie
#83 Posted: 17:29:28 27/07/2013
That was awesome! Keep it up!
#84 Posted: 16:33:42 02/09/2013
D: Phoenus nooo!
---
#85 Posted: 00:36:46 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
This story has been temporarily put on hold. I am currently helping a group called "Project Frixion" with editing the script to none other than the Spyro movie they are making! smilie I recommend everyone go check it out! http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com/
---
#86 Posted: 21:44:06 10/01/2014
DDDDDD: Aw! I love this story so much...
But I'll wait for however long it takes. Good luck on Project Frixion- I'll keep an eye on it. :3
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me