darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#101 Posted: 01:36:48 11/06/2016
Crash is a series that's been in limbo for years and Activision seemingly doesn't know what to do with him.

This happened to Spyro, and they shoved him in Skylanders.

Crash being a PS4 exclusive isn't proof that he wouldn't be absorbed into it, it could just as well be a cheap tactic for his debut so more people buy it on PlayStation. It's not like Bowser/DK where they obviously belong to Nintendo, and it was done as a crossover with amiibo.

Crash is owned by Activision as far as we know, who own Skylanders. So Crash being exclusive to a certain console would have a different context to it than Bowser/DK.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:43 11/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#102 Posted: 01:38:03 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I wouldn't be surprised if Crash was confirmed at E3 and the salty guy in that video was just beating up a skylanders stand lol
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#103 Posted: 01:56:38 11/06/2016
Strange that this would only be on PS4 unless Sony are planning something else with Crash. Could it be possible that this 'Crash Edition' of Skylanders is a starter pack that bundles together the game, a Crash figure and a new Crash game exclusive to PS4 published in partnership with Activision and Sony? A game you'll be able to buy on it's own or with Skylanders if you want.
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#104 Posted: 04:50:38 11/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Calm down, I'm in no way acting like this could go any different or whining, I'm trying to see it from their side. I mean we ate up the skymiibos and swarmed the Wii/WiiU/3DS packs just for them or went through the double packs, and because they sold, Acti now sees that as a totally good idea no matter if it's exclusive. if I could really make a change I'd just want them to be all-consoles characters, for example Sonic even if that one's out of the question now.

I was calm when I wrote that. Haha. And most of the blame goes to those who impatiently went out and bought multiple starter packs just for those figures to be put in single packs later on. I'm sure you guys could have seen that coming, even if you didn't see it coming, you still should have waited for a chance for the figures to be released separately or wait for a sale. If people are complaining about an exclusive figure to a starter pack, just wait for a single release otherwise it's your own fault for paying double/triple/quadruple, even buy it used later on. Now on Crash being PS4 console playable exclusive, you need to respect where the character came from, and he's a Sony IP. I personally don't care that he's only playable on the PS4. It really shouldn't get under peoples' skins, but people are just too irrational and sensitive.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#105 Posted: 07:50:07 11/06/2016
Kinda dumb how Crash is only on the ps4, Crash had games on all kinds of consoles...

and please don't start with your ''But Crash's legacy begun on the playstation''
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#106 Posted: 12:58:43 11/06/2016
I'm honestly hoping that Crash is all consoles, but just releases first in the PS4. I mean, like Kevin16 said, Crash has been on all consoles. It's different than Bowser and Donkey Kong. They've only ever been on Nintendo systems. There was a reason for them to be console exclusives. With Crash however, he started on the Playstation, yeah, but he's continued to have games on other consoles. Twinsanity, for example. That was on the Xbox and Gamecube. Then Crash of The Titans and Mind Over Mutant. They were on the Wii, DS, Game Boy Advance and the Xbox. Crash has clearly made his mark on other systems outside of the Playstation. I feel that if Crash was introduced into this game, wouldn't it be better for him to work on multiple systems? That way, it would be easier to promote him to a higher variety of fans. Finally, wouldn't it be a little wierd to see Crash work on the Playstation 4 but not on the Playstation 3? That would be beyond me. I would be very bummed out if we didn't get Crash and maybe even Cortex on all systems. I'm extremely fond of the series, and it would bother me, along with many other fans, if we couldn't use a character we all liked and knew well, knowing he hadn't always been on the Playstation. Also, there's no way I could afford a new system. I just got a Wii U for SuperChargers. I can't just up and get a new console for the next game. I'm just really hoping that all of us fans could see Crash on all systems, because I feel like it would be better for everyone. It's okay if he comes out in the Playstation 4 Starter Pack at first, but I just hope we'll all be able to use him.

Golly, that was a long post. But at least I was able to but my own two cents into this. Also, I'm wondering something - there probably will be, but do you guys think there'll be a Dark Edition of the Crash Edition? Because if I remember correctly, we've seen the Dark Edition of the Playstation 4, and it's the same as all the others.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:07:26 11/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
#107 Posted: 13:01:59 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Chompy-King257
I'm honestly hoping that Crash is all consoles, but just releases first in the PS4. I mean, like Kevin16 said, Crash has been on all consoles. It's different than Bowser and Donkey Kong. They've only ever been on Nintendo systems. There was a reason for them to be console exclusives. With Crash however, he started on the Playstation, yeah, but he's continued to have games on other consoles. Twinsanity, for example. That was on the Xbox and Gamecube. Then Crash of The Titans and Mind Over Mutant. They were on the Wii, DS, Game Boy Advance and the Xbox. Crash has clearly made his mark on other systems outside of the Playstation. I feel that if Crash was on multiple systems, wouldn't it be better for him to work on multiple systems? That way, it would be easier to promote him to a higher variety of fans. Finally, wouldn't it be a little wierd to see Crash work on the Playstation 4 but not on the Playstation 3? That would be beyond me. I would be very bummed out if we didn't get Crash and maybe even Cortex on all systems. I'm extremely fond of the series, and it would bother me, along with many other fans, if we couldn't use a character we all liked and knew well, knowing he hadn't always been on the Playstation. Also, there's no way I could afford a new system. I just got a Wii U for SuperChargers. I can't just up and get a new console for the next game. I'm just really hoping that all of us fans could see Crash on all systems, because I feel like it would be better for everyone. It's okay if he comes out in the Playstation 4 Starter Pack at first, but I just hope we'll all be able to use him.

That would explain why he has a "Crash Edition." If DK and Bowser had one, it would have been "DK Edition" and "Bowser Edition," but there isn't one because they're only on nintendo. So maybe the exclusive to PS4 thing was a typo? I really hope so.

Golly, that was a long post. But at least I was able to but my own two cents into this. Also, I'm wondering something - there probably will be, but do you guys think there'll be a Dark Edition of the Crash Edition? Because if I remember correctly, we've seen the Dark Edition of the Playstation 4, and it's the same as all the others.

Man if that does happen.... may my wallet rest in peace.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:12 11/06/2016 by PwnageFTW
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#108 Posted: 13:59:29 11/06/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
just why??? no more guest stars please. i own a ps4 and i like crash but i still dont want to see him as a cross over, it just spoils the game a little bit for everyone not playing on that console.

You'd figure they would take the lackluster sales of the last "platform specific" landers and place it under more scrutiny...but I guess they want to alienate fans of the series some more. I think it's going to be hilarious to see the Nintendo folks now balking over PS exclusive sktlanders,...while totally ignoring those who did the same last year when THEY got fan service treatment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:00:05 11/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#109 Posted: 14:46:42 11/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
just why??? no more guest stars please. i own a ps4 and i like crash but i still dont want to see him as a cross over, it just spoils the game a little bit for everyone not playing on that console.

You'd figure they would take the lackluster sales of the last "platform specific" landers and place it under more scrutiny...but I guess they want to alienate fans of the series some more. I think it's going to be hilarious to see the Nintendo folks now balking over PS exclusive sktlanders,...while totally ignoring those who did the same last year when THEY got fan service treatment.

But the thing is, last year, it made sense for them to be Nintendo exclusives. This year, it doesn't really.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#110 Posted: 16:38:57 11/06/2016
Yep.
Last year the concept of guest-stars was quite debatable, but the execution itself couldn't be done differently in terms of compatibility.

This year it would just be plain stupid if they made a Crash figure PlayStation-only or, even worse, PS4-only.
That way they would make this year's idea entirely questionable.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#111 Posted: 19:42:59 11/06/2016

The people balking over a PS exclusive Skylander will probably be the same ones balking over Nintendo exclusive Skylanders. I'm pretty sure most of us who liked the Skymiibos would be okay with a PS or XB exclusive character as long as it's actually a character who belongs to Sony or Microsoft (like Ratchet or Banjo). My only hang up with Crash is that there's no legal reason for him to be incompatible with non-Sony systems, meaning Activision would just be making him incompatible for the hell of it (unless it turns out that Sony bought the Crash IP).
---
Boop me if you see this.
#112 Posted: 21:08:47 11/06/2016
How you doin' folks? Well, it's Saturday, and it has sure been an eventful week, what with Crash possibly making his debut in the series. But...I've noticed something about this mysterious Crash Pack. On the General Discussion Topic, TheToyNerd linked the Amazon Spain listing for it:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/...tors&th=1&psc=1

Naturally, I clicked on this link, expecting to maybe find some new information or possibly even see a picture. But there was one thing that stood out for me. I clicked the first link at the top of the page, right under the Platform category. It brought me to a page that, when I read it, said "Select Options." It had the Stater Pack for all consoles listed below. I would think that it is just showing me the basic Starter Packs, but then I noticed something - at the top of the page, it still says "Skylanders Imaginators - Crash Edition." I don't know what this means, but I have an idea - we could possibly be getting the Crash Starter Pack on all systems. I've put the link so you can check this out yourself. What do you think this means? Do you think it was a mistake, or could this not be for just the Playstation 4 after all? I mean, it would make sense, with Crash having games on multiple systems outside of the Playstation and all.

EDIT: Never mind. This got debunked.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:35 11/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#113 Posted: 21:11:46 11/06/2016
Yes, all the console options do show up, but not all of them work.

As you see, for Xbox and Wii U, it that it is unavailable and it doesn't link to any page. Only the PS4 and PS3 versions link to a page!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#114 Posted: 21:14:28 11/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Yes, all the console options do show up, but not all of them work.

As you see, for Xbox and Wii U, it that it is unavailable and it doesn't link to any page. Only the PS4 and PS3 versions link to a page!

PS3!?

YES!!!

I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD THAT!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#115 Posted: 22:58:26 11/06/2016
Maybe this crash edition is a timed thing. Ps4 owners gethim to start and others can get himin like wave 3 or 4. Similar to hulk and boba fett in the ps4 collectors ofdisney infinity 2 and 3?
#116 Posted: 23:00:04 11/06/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
Maybe this crash edition is a timed thing. Ps4 owners gethim to start and others can get himin like wave 3 or 4. Similar to hulk and boba fett in the ps4 collectors ofdisney infinity 2 and 3?

I'm hoping that that is the case. Crash as a character and his series I am both extremely fond of. It would be a massive bummer if I could not get this character.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#117 Posted: 23:54:32 11/06/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

The people balking over a PS exclusive Skylander will probably be the same ones balking over Nintendo exclusive Skylanders. I'm pretty sure most of us who liked the Skymiibos would be okay with a PS or XB exclusive character as long as it's actually a character who belongs to Sony or Microsoft (like Ratchet or Banjo). My only hang up with Crash is that there's no legal reason for him to be incompatible with non-Sony systems, meaning Activision would just be making him incompatible for the hell of it (unless it turns out that Sony bought the Crash IP).

This exactly, If crash only works on Sony system I will be pissed (unless the rumor that sony bought crash is true). That said if it where a character sony owned like ratchet and clank I would have no problem with that being playstation exclusive.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#118 Posted: 01:16:33 12/06/2016
Quote: darkrai848

This exactly, If crash only works on Sony system I will be pissed (unless the rumor that sony bought crash is true). That said if it where a character sony owned like ratchet and clank I would have no problem with that being playstation exclusive.

If Activision still hold the IP, then the only possible reason for Crash just being on Playstation is that Sony have made a deal with Activistion to make him exclusive to their systems. It'd make sense for Sony to do something like that. The hype around Crash's return would be huge and would definetly result in more Playstation copies of the game being sold.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#119 Posted: 03:24:17 12/06/2016

Sales for Nintendo figures really wasn't in demand...it didn't work and their marketing and usage of the IP had legitimate criticism (breaking platform independence "promise", forcing starter purchases--at least until they went with the double packs). I'm sure we'll get all sort of responses, but the ones I see that I'm expecting is going to be fun. Popcorn time.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:31:19 12/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#120 Posted: 07:36:54 12/06/2016
I've had no interest in Skylanders for years, but if Crash is actually in it, alongside this whole "Build-A-Skylander" thing, I might actually pick this up.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#121 Posted: 07:40:47 12/06/2016
Biggest salt I've ever read, and they have the nerve to bear the name 'Spyro the Dragon' as their username. Spoilered due to language and threats.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#122 Posted: 07:47:43 12/06/2016
... y'ouch
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#123 Posted: 08:40:09 12/06/2016
tbh I don't care much about crash being included. I think there are other sony characters that have been very demanded as well and are completely forgotten (Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil).

I was looking forward for Pit.

Still, I'll take some popcorn and watch the show.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:40:32 12/06/2016 by angelg
#124 Posted: 11:11:59 12/06/2016
Quote: Aura24
Biggest salt I've ever read, and they have the nerve to bear the name 'Spyro the Dragon' as their username. Spoilered due to language and threats.

Jesus! A bit much, eh? At least he knows that two developers work on Skylanders at least! That's something. Don't know what the "Toys for Big Boys" insult was supposed to be. What a weird way to insult the Dev team.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#125 Posted: 11:17:15 12/06/2016
My god, I bet he ate far too much salt when he was a kid.
minimax98765 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#126 Posted: 11:57:26 12/06/2016
[User Posted Image] Check out the tags on FGTeeV's new video..
#127 Posted: 12:14:08 12/06/2016
crash bandicoot ps4 skylanders, crash bandicoot 2016...

That's not on the nose... It's right up there
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#128 Posted: 12:37:34 12/06/2016
I think the video itself already confirmed it. They always know a bunch of things and there's no reason to upload a video of an old PS1 game, except if you wanna do a let's play or the game/main character is coming back.
#129 Posted: 12:40:09 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator

The only reason I will be happy if it isn't actually crash is so that this guy looks like an idiot.

EDIT: Finished reading the whole thing, if he's really THAT mad, he should atleast buy imaginators and check it out.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:47:10 12/06/2016 by PwnageFTW
#130 Posted: 12:45:07 12/06/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
I think the video itself already confirmed it. They always know a bunch of things and there's no reason to upload a video of an old PS1 game, except if you wanna do a let's play or the game/main character is coming back.

Even if it isn't exactly that game it's indeed pretty suspicious, especially since their aren't the only ones teasing.

That being said, I wouldn't take tags as further proofs: they probably used that only for visibility purposes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#131 Posted: 13:12:18 12/06/2016
I posted this on the General Discussion topic but I'll put it here too.

Quote:
This just occured to me:
It's possible that Crash will work on all systems, but will be sold exclusively with Playstation versions of the game for a limited time. A single pack would then be sold sometime in 2017.
I'm saying this because we've seen Sony do something similar with Disney before. When Disney Infinity 3.0 came out, there was a special edition with Boba Fett that was only available on PS3 and PS4. Boba Fett was then released in a single pack later on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:16:40 12/06/2016 by SirKev7
#132 Posted: 13:13:49 12/06/2016
Quote: SirKev7
I posted this on the General Discussion topic but I'll put it here too.

This just occured to me:
It's possible that Crash will work on all systems, but will be sold exclusively with Playstation versions of the game for a limited time. A single pack would then be sold sometime in 2017.
I'm saying this because we've seen Sony do something similar with Disney before. When Disney Infinity 3.0 came out, there was a special edition with Boba Fett that was only available on PS3 and PS4. Boba Fett was then released in a single pack later on.

Like I said there, I'm hoping this is the case. Also, it's pretty uncanny how this is happening with the same two systems.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:22:25 12/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#133 Posted: 13:57:47 12/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

The only reason I will be happy if it isn't actually crash is so that this guy looks like an idiot.

EDIT: Finished reading the whole thing, if he's really THAT mad, he should atleast buy imaginators and check it out.

SALTY. MUCH SALT.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#134 Posted: 16:45:23 12/06/2016
when the video will be out
---
THE END IS NEAR
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#135 Posted: 18:51:39 12/06/2016
Well, I'm back. It's cool that this is happening. Here's hoping it's to promote a potential new Crash Bandicoot...
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#136 Posted: 21:56:32 12/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Opinions...?

I don't get why salty whiners like him say Spyro got ruined in Skylanders, he was more out of place in TLOS... -.- even though i don't hate any of the Spyro series.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#137 Posted: 22:11:22 12/06/2016
Quoting this from another topic:

*Slams table so hard it breaks in two.*

THEORY TIME!

So Lex Lang, the voice actor for Cortex in Crash Twinsanity, posted this recently:

[User Posted Image]

Everyone thinks that this could mean a new Crash game, but what if it means something else? What if it means Cortex is also in the Starter Pack as the 11th Villain, and Lang is voice acting him for the game? Hey, it's possible.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#138 Posted: 22:30:39 12/06/2016
Quoting this from another topic:

*Slams table so hard it breaks in two.*

THEORY TIME!

So Lex Lang, the voice actor for Cortex in Crash Twinsanity, posted this recently:

[User Posted Image]

Everyone thinks that this could mean a new Crash game, but what if it means something else? What if it means Cortex is also in the Starter Pack as the 11th Villain, and Lang is voice acting him for the game? Hey, it's possible.

That would make me the happiest man alive.
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#139 Posted: 22:41:25 12/06/2016
*Also voiced Cortex in Tag Team Racing, Titans, and Mind Over Mutant...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#140 Posted: 22:45:45 12/06/2016
i'd be fine with cortex. He seems like a fun character!
#141 Posted: 23:23:24 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator
What are we gonna call him? Like what I mean is how we called DK and Bowser Skymiibos. Should we give him a special name or not?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:52:13 12/06/2016 by PwnageFTW
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#142 Posted: 23:29:47 12/06/2016
I'm still gonna call him (or any future figure of the type) Guest Star Skylander. I think it's the best way to call.
---
Bruh
#143 Posted: 23:35:42 12/06/2016
Bifrost suggested he might simply be the Scientist voice in the creation menu (could still be actually doing a Cortex impression), but I would really like if he were a playable character.

I think there are a few lore problems, though: Jeff Poffenbarger said all the reformed villains come from Cloudcracker Prison, and were given the option to either come back to it (well, the newly rebuilt one) or become Skylanders after a period of rehabilitation.
I personally doubt Eon would trust any villain he sees only because he says he wants to help.

He would also probably be the most human-like playable character we've ever had so far but he's still yellow-ish after all, and definitely cartoonish.

I'd also say they apparently hinted at only one guest-star (and that spot would most likely be taken by Crash) but they are never too clear when it comes to numbers; same goes for types of figures since they did said "11 villains" but sometimes only 10.
Long story short at this point I doubt they would favor him over Crash, it's either the bandicoot or both.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:12 12/06/2016 by Drek95
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#144 Posted: 23:36:14 12/06/2016
DK and Bowser are called skymiibos because they are both skylanders and amiibos. Crash will only be a skylander so he would just be called a skylander.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#145 Posted: 23:38:16 12/06/2016
I'd simply call him "guest-star".

Skymiibos were special because they worked as both Skylanders and Amiibos, but from what we know he wouldn't be any different than Spyro (unless he's PlayStation-exclusive, which I doubt he is).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#146 Posted: 23:41:13 12/06/2016
Quote: Drek95

I personally doubt Eon would trust any villain he sees only because he says he wants to help.

Doesn't Crash repeatedly trust Cortex over dumb things because the plot is funnier that way? I don't really remember, anything that's not gameplay from Twinsanity and some others just disappeared from my mind over the years.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:29 12/06/2016 by Bifrost
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#147 Posted: 23:46:39 12/06/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I don't recall him being revealed, only rumored. Am I missing something here?

Nope, it's just way too likely for now. But I'd rather wait a day or two, we're very close to the truth at this point.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#148 Posted: 23:47:07 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I don't recall him being revealed, only rumored. Am I missing something here?

He's basically revealed, all the things we have seen so far confirm him.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me