darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 3 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#101 Posted: 01:44:55 21/03/2016
The wrong spelling of Kaos is the biggest give away... it's gotta be fake!
---
Any last wishes?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#102 Posted: 01:54:35 21/03/2016
Well it could have been something completely separate from "Kaos" but it's been confirmed fake already.
---
Hahahahaha
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2520
#103 Posted: 07:59:38 21/03/2016
And i'm the only one to see it says Sonic on the piece of Fake confirmation
I'm SOOOOO happy this isn't real. I don't want to see Sonic is Skylanders or that'll just ruin it :/
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#104 Posted: 08:05:37 21/03/2016
Quote: funnybone
And i'm the only one to see it says Sonic on the piece of Fake confirmation
I'm SOOOOO happy this isn't real. I don't want to see Sonic is Skylanders or that'll just ruin it :/

smilie Sonic Boom
---
bye
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#105 Posted: 09:49:09 21/03/2016
That "SA remake" idea is sweet!

I wouldn't personally call it a rehash because they could really make us look for the various Eternal Sources without making it feel the same.
I particularly like your idea of the various Sources corrupting their opposite Elements or generally wreaking havoc, Déjà Vu!

Not sure about the Dual Elements though.
I do see some interesting gameplay and design potentialities (even if certain "middle Elements" have already kiiinda been covered, such as steam with Lob Star, electricity with various Skylanders, poison with Scorp and Rattle Shake) but don't know how they could be handled.

For example, how would the elemental bases look like?
Would they be completely new designs or would they be half one Element and half the other?
And would there be combinations only for the opposite Elements or not?

I've always thought about the possibility of using specific physical items, similar to traps, to infuse certain Skylanders with the powers of other Elements and grant them new mixed abilities but to be honest even this idea just doesn't sound right to me...

I've thought about a list of combinations and possible results but I wouldn't want to go off-topic so I'm just going to write a few:
Water + Undead= Poison
Magic + Tech= Electricity
Water + Air= Ice
Earth + Water= Mud or Sand
Fire + Life= Ash
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#106 Posted: 14:07:33 21/03/2016
Some good ideas I'm seeing, regarding a remake and this whole dual element thing.

Again, they need to go simple. They have to restore faith in the Skylanders brands customers. By simple I men they should just keep things at an elemental level. 10 elements so far. Allow those with past characters to play through the game, thus giving the impression they truly do value customers past purchases. Old characters can mix elements, just like new characters, for a variety of combinations where certain characters can form certain combos, but aren't needed to see everything in the game. Simple and effective.

At the same time, maybe they could add another 2 elements.

I'm all for a a SSA and SG remake using the same graphics engine as SF and SC, as well as a new game this year that simplifies things and makes past purchases useful again.

I've always hoped that every year your location items would unlock a new level in that years new game. Gives you value for your 30 dollar purchase and would show customers that buying adventure packs is a good investment, because every year they unlock a new level.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#107 Posted: 14:39:12 21/03/2016
You know, the more people are talking about it, the more I kind of want to see dual-element Skylanders. Maybe not as the main gimmick, but as a side gimmick like the minis. And maybe they could also bring back the dual-element gates from Swap Force, which would also give the Swappers some use for anyone who doesn't want to buy the dual ones (considering they have Swappers, of course). And it's not like it would really be that far-fetched of an idea for the series.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#108 Posted: 15:08:53 21/03/2016
More ideas since Drek brought it up:

Air/Undead - Foul stench(no really, that's what Book of Elements says for this combo) or eletricity-revived zombies
Magic/Tech - Magitek, duh.
Dark/Light - Bioluminescence, glow in the dark textures
Earth/Air - Shrapnel, flying debris, reverb(crystals)
Magic/Undead - Lich. Malefor could easily count being a Purple Dragon
Life/Air - Maple seeds, y'know those with leaf wings? I got nothing.
Dark/Earth: Bog, pitch
Air/Dark: Mist,smoke
Tech/Life: Cyborgs?

Not sure about Dual Element gates because of the assets - dear lord some in Swap Force don't look good. Life/Undead had so much potential for plague or disease and it's just a green field with skulls(same models OVER and OVER of the same skull, too).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:31:46 24/03/2016 by Bifrost
#109 Posted: 16:15:26 21/03/2016
Acti, I hope you're taking notes for this. smilie
---
Check this out! Please?
#110 Posted: 17:23:26 21/03/2016
As much as I would like less paywall-ish features for the Elemental aspect of the Skylanders I would be all for the return of Dual Elemental Gates.
It's true, some of them had wasted potential but they were most likely one of my favorite things introduced in SWAP Force.

There are so many combinations we have yet to see (hoping they wouldn't get lazy and simply go for floating purple crystals and gears for Magich/Tech, skulls and grass for Undead/Life, rocks and whirlwinds for Earth/Air and so on)!

Imagine the possibilities now that we also have Light and Dark!

Back to the elemental combos, those are some pretty cool ideas, Bifrost!
Particlularly like the "Lich" Element and the "Bioluminescent".
I came up with a couple more:
Life + Undead= Virus
Undead + Air= Spirit
Dark + Water= Abyss
Light + Sky= Aurora (or the cheaper Sun smilie)
Magic + Earth= Golem (on a second thought it miiiight suits better Life + Earth)
Tech + Fire= Steampunk (I know Tech is already mostly steampunk but I'm talking about LOTS of steam, like the classic robots and machines with pipes and boilers).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:27:16 21/03/2016 by Drek95
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#111 Posted: 18:22:10 21/03/2016
Elements need to be made relevant again - you could argue that they were the 'original' gimmick from SSA. Can't see the dual-element figures becoming a 'thing' though, because those gates can easily be accessed by two players and those that have Swap Force. `But I love your ideas! Here's a few of mine:

Dark & Undead - Shadow
Magic & Dark - Fear
Life & Undead - Poison
Magic & Light - Convexity

I might have borrowed them from the LOS universe... smilie

Light & Dark - Eclipse

^ Yeah, I also made that one, which I'm pretty proud of! smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#112 Posted: 19:27:01 21/03/2016
Time to post some stuff regarding my own idea, wow.

Light/Fire - Sun
Fire/Earth - Magma
Water/Undead - Ectoplasma
Tech/Light - Electricity
Light/Earth - Crystal
Air/Dark - Fog
Dark/Magic - Chaos (You could also say it's Kaos' element)
Undead/Light - Ghost
Light/Magic - Stars
Earth/Life - Nature
Tech/Water - Toxic
Magic/Life - Fairy (steeling from Pokemon)
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#113 Posted: 19:58:28 21/03/2016
No idea how it is in other languages but here in germany they'd translate light and dark as light and shadow, and undead is the ghost element smilie.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:18 21/03/2016 by Jeriba
#114 Posted: 20:03:55 21/03/2016
Quote: Jeriba
No idea how it is in other languages but here in germany they'd translate light and dark as light and shadow, and undead is the ghost element smilie.

Dark is pretty much Shadow anyway, with black holes and other space stuff on top.
You could also think of dual elements for certain archetypes. Again with Liches being Magic/Undead, you could also have Hippogriffons(??) as Air/Light, or dwarves as Tech/Earth because they're never anything but.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:16 21/03/2016 by Bifrost
#115 Posted: 20:07:18 21/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost

You could also think of dual elements for certain archetypes. Again with Liches being Magic/Undead, you could also have Hippogriffons(??) as Air/Light, or dwarves as Tech/Earth because they're never anything but.

Oooh I like that idea! What would dragons be? Magic and light?
#116 Posted: 20:14:06 21/03/2016
Dragons are of any element in Skylands lore, so they can combine with whatever. Purple Dragons are exclusively Magic, for example.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:43 21/03/2016 by Bifrost
#117 Posted: 20:21:00 21/03/2016
Oh yeah, that's true!

Man, I feel so rusty on Skylanders lore right now.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#118 Posted: 22:11:09 21/03/2016
The dual elements things reminds a lot of swap force gimmick. Not saying it won't happen, but I think there gonna bring something that feels entirely new.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#119 Posted: 22:48:46 21/03/2016
Just don't make it sports.... please don't.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#120 Posted: 23:41:14 21/03/2016
I like the idea of Battle Robots. Sure it's another gimmick but would bring back the focus to Arenas and hack n slash.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#121 Posted: 23:54:59 21/03/2016
Quote: angelg
The dual elements things reminds a lot of swap force gimmick. Not saying it won't happen, but I think there gonna bring something that feels entirely new.

But only because of the very basic concept of somehow putting two Elements together.
In the end this would be a totally different idea.

Swappers were a nice idea but they would have been much more if they worked all like Blast Zone's upper half which is capable of creating some really interesting sinergies and not simply by using two different attacks one after another.

These Dual Elemental Skylanders would be already the result of two Elements combining: there wouldn't be a Water/Fire Character, for example, only a Steam one.
It definitely sounds more like an excuse to create more Elements and that's why I would like if they could come up with a way to still have only the 10 basic Elements in terms of figures and "unlock" the new abilities in-game, using another type of figure or something else.

Skylanders needs to be simple in my opinion and I generally don't see this idea happening but I'm sure there are ways for this concept to find a way without making everything super complex or developing too many characters/Elements.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:23 21/03/2016 by Drek95
#122 Posted: 00:04:15 22/03/2016
Well, nobody said they have to be "new elements". People have just been saying "hey wouldn't it be cool if they made an element out of this and this".

Hey, you know, since leaks are already starting to come out, even if that one was fake, maybe that means they'll be revealing the next game soon?
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:52 22/03/2016 by AdamGregory03
#123 Posted: 00:35:46 22/03/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Just don't make it sports.... please don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9D2XrfVxoQ smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#124 Posted: 01:19:50 22/03/2016
The only sport I would be okay with Skylanders using as their "new gameplay" gimmick is MOBA, which isn't really a sport.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#125 Posted: 01:32:15 22/03/2016
We've above 120 heros, actually the biggest MOBA on the market. Just the enemy waves could be bigger.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#126 Posted: 02:17:11 22/03/2016
I want the PvP in Skylanders to be MOBA style. I'd adore it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#127 Posted: 02:27:35 22/03/2016
Sorry, I never played a MOBA game, Battleborn will be my first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNPoqvPCdQ
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#128 Posted: 08:11:50 22/03/2016
I have said a lot of times that Skylanders would be a great MOBA. We've got hundreds of heroes, we've got defense towers (kaos mode), we've got online feature and we even get some mabu army from time to time, not to say the hack n slash mechanichs are incredibly well built (intuitive, simple and fun). If they combined all of this in a smart way they could come up with a great moba, and mobas have usually a good replay value and are addictive (depends on the quality and online community as well).

Drek, I agree with you that he dual elemental thing is only similar to SF gimmick in it's core concept, however, I still believe it won't happen, unless it is a side feature. I can see some kind of sinergies happening the same way that when you used certain characters in x men legens and marvel ultimate alliance (for instance human torch's fire would be wrap within jean grey's telekinetic bubble and use it as a bomb), but not as the main gimmick. It would feel like a deja vu, different yeah, but not a first sight difference, which is important in terms of promotion.

Maybe as a secondary feature it could happen, perhaps in a simple way like you mentioned. For instance when playing co op, it could be some kind of boosts or even the birth of a new element depending on the combination. Personally I'm not fond of this idea, but I wouldn't mind it happening, as it doesn't hurt the main gameplay or any of the game's cores.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:12:58 22/03/2016 by angelg
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#129 Posted: 18:16:57 22/03/2016
Quote: Drek95

Not sure about the Dual Elements though.

This idea sounds to simple and we have already core skylanders which decribe as dual elemental but gameplaywise not. Examples: Eruptor( Lava Fire/Earth), Spitfire(Car Engine Fire/Tech), Jet-Vac(Jetpack Air/Tech), BoomJet(Jet Engine Air/Tech), Spyro(Dragon Magic/Fire), Splat(Inker Magic/Water) and more...

I rather see something more like the elemental portal power in superchargers.

Sorry, I never played a MOBA game, Battleborn will be my first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNPoqvPCdQ

Remember? [User Posted Image]
I want to see skylander moba closer to Monday Night Combat with pandergast as commentator, speaking to guest and promote commercial. Man I miss Monday Night Combat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfw3aml0Sss
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:48 22/03/2016 by BOOMCAKE
#130 Posted: 18:24:50 22/03/2016
That's an early form of SC (same UI)/next to what seems to be Battlecast's working name. Whatever the results were from this, they decided against it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:09 22/03/2016 by Bifrost
#131 Posted: 04:34:02 23/03/2016
Maybe, at one point they must decide which way they want to go with the next game. But this on the picture looks like a third person shooter. And do you really want a Skylanders of Duty?
#132 Posted: 06:51:04 23/03/2016
This could be a prototype of Skylanders 7 (I know this picture was found before Superchargers was released but still). Or a side mode they didn't keep for Superchargers.
---
bye
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#133 Posted: 10:42:29 24/03/2016
I would love to accolades back.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:37 24/03/2016 by mantez
#134 Posted: 19:30:02 04/04/2016
Man we need a leak. Seems Activision have been good at keeping tight lipped for now.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#135 Posted: 19:43:43 04/04/2016
Quote: Snap Shot
Man we need a leak. Seems Activision have been good at keeping tight lipped for now.

They have been since SF. Maybe Nintendo and co. need lessons from them, only the known leakers who really know the inner workings of the industry could get much from them, and the occasional Brazilian ratings board for some reason - but can't rely on them now since Neoplay jumped the Skylanders ship over abusive taxes.

Heck, we only know we're getting Skylanders Academy previews because the producers were given the ok to comment on it. Otherwise,we'd wake up one day to promos on SkylandersGame like it happened with Trap Team's name reveal.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:46:37 04/04/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#136 Posted: 20:06:55 04/04/2016

Good thing Activision's laughably bad at preventing Skylanders leaks. There are too many in the past 3 years for me to keep track of!
#137 Posted: 20:10:47 04/04/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

Good thing Activision's laughably bad at preventing Skylanders leaks. There are too many in the past 3 years for me to keep track of!

Only post reveal though. Before that,we'll get a leak the week before if not just a day before like with SC's boxart, nothing else before other than rumors.
---
#138 Posted: 20:19:57 04/04/2016
Activision is tight-lipped about a lot of things... I mean, a LOT of things. They gotta learn how to go with the flow, man.
---
Check this out! Please?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#139 Posted: 20:29:48 04/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: TrapShadowFan

Only post reveal though. Before that,we'll get a leak the week before if not just a day before like with SC's boxart, nothing else before other than rumors.

Light and Dark were leaked MONTHS ahead of time and they still remained tight-lipped until December. That was probaly the biggest leak we've had so far in terms of length and content.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#140 Posted: 20:42:37 04/04/2016
We're talking about the game reveal, not content leaks that users get by gaining access into hidden files by hacking.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:46 04/04/2016 by Aura24
#141 Posted: 23:41:06 04/04/2016
People be like "Dark and Light were the worst kept secret!!" but if it was impossible to hack and find hidden files, they would have remained a secret until they were revealed. Keeping all Light and Dark related stuff out of the game and delivering them through DLC could have been a solution, but having to install additional files from a CD (think Wii users) would be so lame and break the magic.
---
bye
#142 Posted: 00:07:32 05/04/2016
I'm still unsure about the real amount of true leaks we've had in the past years.

I have the feeling most of them is Activision purposely releasing some information or tease in the form of fake leaks.
I'm not even sure about Spitfire's.

But I agree, I hope the first trailer for Skylanders Academy will at least bring some news about the sixth game (maybe a potential reveal period...?).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#143 Posted: 02:13:39 05/04/2016
Quote: newkill
People be like "Dark and Light were the worst kept secret!!" but if it was impossible to hack and find hidden files, they would have remained a secret until they were revealed. Keeping all Light and Dark related stuff out of the game and delivering them through DLC could have been a solution, but having to install additional files from a CD (think Wii users) would be so lame and break the magic.

See, I always though it would be cool if the character downloaded themselves into the game. This would allow Activision to create new characters when ever they feel like it, essentially.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#144 Posted: 15:51:34 05/04/2016
Quote: ninja9351

See, I always though it would be cool if the character downloaded themselves into the game. This would allow Activision to create new characters when ever they feel like it, essentially.

Infinity and Dimensions took this approach, which is the benefit of leaving the Wii sales behind. None of the recently released figures were on the Infinity 3.0 disc, each of the new ones have a logo warning that a download is required to use them.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#145 Posted: 16:18:16 05/04/2016
Quote: ninja9351

It sounds kind of like good idea, but Lego Dimensions has done that, and it kind of bugs me when I have to wait 3 hours to download one patch, to even be able to use my new figures.
---
Dead
#146 Posted: 03:54:15 10/04/2016
When was the pro type for Spitfire leaked last year?
---
#147 Posted: 13:49:33 10/04/2016
When was the pro type for Spitfire leaked last year?

I want to say like a couple of weeks before Superchargers' reveal.
---
Check this out! Please?
#148 Posted: 14:15:03 10/04/2016
Spitfire's prototype was leaked around mid May, last year.

I'd say we could look for at least another month before starting to see leaks or maybe a full review.
It's also more or less the period Wave 5 will be released.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#149 Posted: 19:45:56 10/04/2016
I think someone's going around with a theory that the Non-Elemental section in Battlecast is a real,uh,element, despite being the symbol for Supercharging(while the actual Non-Elemental symbol is a B-shaped rune).

Next you're telling me kaos' island in there confirms the Kaos element is getting Skylanders because that's not grasping at straws. The game wasn't even made with SC's concepts,just the characters, in fact it's supposed to be happening at the same time since it's while Kaos could still open rifts with the Sky Eater.

Not gonna lie,the concept of a Blank Element is cool,but not for gameplay. Maybe some sort of curse that removes the energies entirely and makes someone as plain as a Mabu,but any kind of power already puts them into one of the other 10 - even Kaos is actually Magic for using spells.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:55:54 10/04/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 3 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me