darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 31 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6253
#1501 Posted: 22:27:06 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Concept art:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1502 Posted: 22:27:15 16/06/2015
Quote: Vertalus
Seems my theory is so far proven right about them favouring the two legged Skylanders over the four legged ones,
I hope Mario doesnt become a Skylander, I think I'd give up on the game then.

he won't nor will anyone else that fits that type of humanoid mold. (So no pit, samus, etc) there's only going to be dk and bowser for the amiibos since activision and vv are in charge of their production. Nintendo also takes the franchise seriously and they had a discussion after swap force and trap team with activision in how they can put certain characters in. it's 50/50 on me but it's not bad that dk and bowser are in as they make sense in a perspective in how they are characters that could fit the universe somewhat. this may also open the doors for those that want to see crash eventually in one. seems like its not impossible anymore.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#1503 Posted: 22:33:32 16/06/2015
I hate this whole Nintendo exclusive skylanders deal going on, seriously, people owning other consoles who buy the SKYLANDERS game and are not allowed to play as characters who are now SKYLANDERS. I can see parents coming in to a store with their child. They see the skylanders label on it and since they probably want to use it in the game they own on say PS4, they get back home, put the figure on the portal and find out it won't work, this'll upset thousands of young children and personally I find it quite ridiculous to not be able to complete a collection that I started 4 years ago and now they pull such a stunt like this. There's nothing I can do about it, I collect every figure, so I'll want to pick these guys up anyway, but not being able to use them as skylanders on the game because you don't have the right console is a stupid move on Activision's front. Seriously if we ever get Crash bandicoot I'd expect him a Playstation exclusive.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1504 Posted: 22:35:39 16/06/2015
Quote: TTD

[User Posted Image]]

Yare yare daze
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1505 Posted: 22:38:01 16/06/2015
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
I hate this whole Nintendo exclusive skylanders deal going on, seriously, people owning other consoles who buy the SKYLANDERS game and are not allowed to play as characters who are now SKYLANDERS. I can see parents coming in to a store with their child. They see the skylanders label on it and since they probably want to use it in the game they own on say PS4, they get back home, put the figure on the portal and find out it won't work, this'll upset thousands of young children and personally I find it quite ridiculous to not be able to complete a collection that I started 4 years ago and now they pull such a stunt like this. There's nothing I can do about it, I collect every figure, so I'll want to pick these guys up anyway, but not being able to use them as skylanders on the game because you don't have the right console is a stupid move on Activision's front. Seriously if we ever get Crash bandicoot I'd expect him a Playstation exclusive.

thats why they are on the starter packs
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1506 Posted: 22:38:02 16/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

I would have liked a bowser with a chain chomp mace.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1507 Posted: 22:40:06 16/06/2015

No, it'll only come with the starter pack for Nintendo Games, or in Amiibo boxes in the Amiibo section of the store, people are smart enough to know AMIIBOS IS AMIIBOS
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#1508 Posted: 22:41:40 16/06/2015

why would they buy a wiiu game when their kid have a ps4?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1509 Posted: 22:43:11 16/06/2015
if you look back at that one poster from before that's hard to see, it makes sense when there's only 18 shown on it as the nintendo exclusives are the other 2, so that would mean the other systems lose out on 2 characters this time around. No there's not another 8 amiibos in the center character wise for it. the poster only has 18 characters if you look close enough.

As far as the younger children are concerned, most of them for their families most likely already own the wii, wii u or 3ds systems so would they actually be missing out on this? chances are the wii base is still big so in a way if you think about it, it could be a nice send off for that system for the 5 year mark for exclusive skylanders in the starters. Considering its only a racing game for 3ds and wii shows that the wii is finally unable to keep being used to have the main story. The main story still follows the same on wii u, ps3,ps4,xbox 360, xbox one, though wii u's will be slightly different just that you can use bowser and dk. i doubt the story would even be impacted much, just that you play as them.

I would expect hot streak and spitfire to be in singles around wave 1 because of this and the digital download versions, like how giants had tons of s2 cynders...

What I don't see happening because of this is dark editions or anything like that from previous entries, so that might be a breath of relief to not pick this game up day 1 unless someone really wants it. i expect the nintendo versions to be hot for black friday.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:50:40 16/06/2015 by tigerdr
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#1510 Posted: 22:47:34 16/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
if you look back at that one poster from before that's hard to see, it makes sense when there's only 18 shown on it as the nintendo exclusives are the other 2, so that would mean the other systems lose out on 2 characters this time around. No there's not another 8 amiibos in the center character wise for it. the poster only has 18 characters if you look close enough.

As far as the younger children are concerned, most of them for their families most likely already own the wii, wii u or 3ds systems so would they actually be missing out on this? chances are the wii base is still big so in a way if you think about it, it could be a nice send off for that system for the 5 year mark for exclusive skylanders in the starters.

I would expect hot streak and spitfire to be in singles around wave 1 because of this and the digital download versions, like how giants had tons of s2 cynders...

What I don't see happening because of this is dark editions or anything like that from previous entries, so that might be a breath of relief to not pick this game up day 1 unless someone really wants it. i expect the nintendo versions to be hot for black friday.

Since it wasn't the Wii or WiiU box, I don't expect that Bowser and DK show up on it.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#1511 Posted: 22:49:18 16/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

I was under the impression they would release them as singles as well, Ebay will rocket this year and scalpers will try the best they can to buy up stock and sell them at high prices. Someone buying the wii u game will get Bowser but if they want the other character Donkey Kong then they'll need another starter pack or off to Ebay to spend a wallet of cash. Me owning no nintendo consoles I'm not going to spend alot of money on characters that won't be playable on my version of the game. To put it in other words, I guess I'm out.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#1512 Posted: 22:55:35 16/06/2015

I was under the impression they would release them as singles as well, Ebay will rocket this year and scalpers will try the best they can to buy up stock and sell them at high prices. Someone buying the wii u game will get Bowser but if they want the other character Donkey Kong then they'll need another starter pack or off to Ebay to spend a wallet of cash. Me owning no nintendo consoles I'm not going to spend alot of money on characters that won't be playable on my version of the game. To put it in other words, I guess I'm out.

Currently there is no plans to release the two as singles due to the fact of them being amiibos as well as skylanders. Nintendo is not in charge of the production for the two just that they can't appear on other systems. I think that comes from the fact if someone tried to play either of those on the other systems they get the message as to why they are locked out of it. Hence why they're only in starters. That and the fact of being amiibos they don't want them scalped though the starters may have that happen or the figures alone will cost 40 +. So it's a first for skylanders to have 3rd party type characters join.
---
#1513 Posted: 22:56:53 16/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Well if you have a Wii U you also prolly have a and if you don't you can by the 3ds version and ebay everything else...
---
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1514 Posted: 23:13:00 16/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Oh wow! So happy that they brought back Roller Brawl.

Yeah, between her and Fiesta, I guess I am going to buy this game.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1515 Posted: 23:18:09 16/06/2015
I find it somewhat interesting that none of the Amiibo characters or accompanying vehicles are from opposing elements. Fire+Air, Life+Tech. Meanwhile, the vehicle terrain is switched between the two: Fire Supercharger with Sky vehicle (normally Land), Life Supercharger with Land Vehicle (normally Sky).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1516 Posted: 23:31:41 16/06/2015
Quote: Nightmoon
I find it somewhat interesting that none of the Amiibo characters or accompanying vehicles are from opposing elements. Fire+Air, Life+Tech. Meanwhile, the vehicle terrain is switched between the two: Fire Supercharger with Sky vehicle (normally Land), Life Supercharger with Land Vehicle (normally Sky).

-__- vehicles dont have elements, the vehicles only have a terrain type.
Fire + Sky (NOT AIR!)
Life+ Land (Why are you saying tech? Eh you said land later)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1517 Posted: 23:32:27 16/06/2015
I don't agree with the ones saying "they ruined Skylanders by adding them" but I can understand them.

Spyro is a guest star in this universe, just like Cynder.
But they got "Skylanderized" in some way; they feel like they now truly belong to the Skylands.

Bowser and Donkey Kong on the other hand have simply been called from their dimension to help fighting Kaos, so they don't need such drastical changes.
But think about it.

Not only will they apparently be IMPOSSIBLE to find, outside of the Starter Packs (I know eBay exists but not everyone can/want to access it and Activision won't make profits from scalpers selling them at 30€/$ if not more) but they also seem more like an excuse to add two popular characters into this franchise while still keeping them tied with the Amiibo one.

The technology is impressing and the quality of the figures and characters is outstanding as always, but I feel like this wasn't absolutely necessary and might backfire, due to eventual misunderstandings of the idea or simply PS/XBOX only owners who won't be able to get them in stores.

Also... If their vehicles are truly from the Tech and Air Element... How can Fire and Life "Skylanders" supercharge them?
It's funny when you create a concept and then immediately go against it.

At least I got what I wanted: Dive-Clops (a true brand new Skylander, seems rare these days, uh?), new vehicles, new levels and new gameplay informations.
Hoping to see more of Nightfall and Sea Shadow by tomorrow and maybe some extra gameplay.

This whole "Skyimibo" thing didn't got me excited at all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:43 16/06/2015 by Drek95
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#1518 Posted: 23:34:43 16/06/2015
Quote: Windumup

Fire + Sky (NOT AIR!)

The vehicles do have an element, as you can see on the boxes. And Bowser's vehicle is an Air Sky vehicle, while DK has a Tech Land vehicle.
[User Posted Image]
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1519 Posted: 23:37:40 16/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

Fire + Sky (NOT AIR!)

The vehicles do have an element, as you can see on the boxes. And Bowser's vehicle is an Air Sky vehicle, while DK has a Tech Land vehicle.
[User Posted Image]

Oh sorry :/ I didnt notice that before. Regardless it doesn't matter much on the vehicle's element, just if you use the proper supercharger
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#1520 Posted: 23:39:34 16/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

Fire + Sky (NOT AIR!)

[User Posted Image]

Huh. Weird.
---
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1521 Posted: 00:05:19 17/06/2015
Can someone at e3 ask if there'll be the cards included?
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
Hullabalu48 Green Sparx Gems: 227
#1522 Posted: 00:11:56 17/06/2015
Will we see more new stuff tomorrow like Fiesta, Nightfall, or new levels or was today the only day with new info?
#1523 Posted: 00:20:43 17/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Also... If their vehicles are truly from the Tech and Air Element... How can Fire and Life "Skylanders" supercharge them?
It's funny when you create a concept and then immediately go against it.

I think you're misunderstanding what the Superchargers do. The way you word it makes it seem like you think that one Superchargers of an element can supercharge both vehicles of that element. Supercharging actually comes from specific characters and their specific vehicle, not from the elements.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1524 Posted: 00:24:26 17/06/2015
Yes, I got it, but still Spitfire is Fire and Hot Streak is Fire; Stormblade is Air and Sky Slicer is Air; Fiesta is Undead and Crypt Crusher is Undead; Dive-Clops is Water and Dive Bomber is Water.

I thought it was almost obvious that the driver and his vehicle would have been from the same Element.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#1525 Posted: 00:25:31 17/06/2015
First Impressions on E3 characters

Nightfall looks like Predator + Captain Hook
Fiesta reminds me of Grim Fandango

Bowser, Amazing!
D.K., meh

I think the Nintendo characters (aside from D.K.'s atrocious-looking banana suit)
are an unexpected but welcome addition to the collection was already collecting amiibo anyway
as 80% of our consoles are Nintendo (PS3 is the 20)
it's seriously like my two of my favorite games just combined!
this just restored my hype!
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1526 Posted: 00:26:43 17/06/2015
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
[User Posted Image]

Our first look at packaging

Why oh why is there no shot of the back of the package? I'm assuming because there is no new information to be gleemed off of the back or something.
---
Stay Cool!
#1527 Posted: 00:27:58 17/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Yes, I got it, but still Spitfire is Fire and Hot Streak is Fire; Stormblade is Air and Sky Slicer is Air; Fiesta is Undead and Crypt Crusher is Undead; Dive-Clops is Water and Dive Bomber is Water.

I thought it was almost obvious that the driver and his vehicle would have been from the same Element.

It was never really a set rule anyway, and it's fairly obvious that these guys are going to be the lone exceptions.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1528 Posted: 00:38:07 17/06/2015
Yes, I guess you are right.

After all I don't think kids will ask such questions.

Bowser's vehicle IS his legacy plane and you can definitely tell Barrel Blaster belongs to Donkey Kong.
Not to mention those Elements suits them perfectly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1529 Posted: 00:38:48 17/06/2015
Wish I were at E3, I'd ask if Adventure Packs are in.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#1530 Posted: 00:40:33 17/06/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

I would to, but they'll probably say something like "We're not allowed to talk about that yet" or something.
---
#1531 Posted: 00:45:28 17/06/2015
Well I think they should have doone a collector edition for nintendo so you can get all 3 in the starter (bowser,dk,spitfire) I mean where am I gonna sell 2 more stealth elf's
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#1532 Posted: 00:50:55 17/06/2015
I feel it's a bit funny that they've turned the Nintendo games into essentially a Mario Kart variant, and that it EVEN INCLUDES the same characters that you'd see in it. This is a gimmick to boost their starter pack sales which slumped on Trap Team, and to cash in on the Amibo craze. Sadly, my collection will be incomplete now but I'm not going to reward them for this.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#1533 Posted: 00:57:53 17/06/2015
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?na...lobalID=EBAY-US they have a pic of the back from this I would think this isn't a in game variant
#1534 Posted: 01:00:27 17/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I feel it's a bit funny that they've turned the Nintendo games into essentially a Mario Kart variant, and that it EVEN INCLUDES the same characters that you'd see in it. This is a gimmick to boost their starter pack sales which slumped on Trap Team, and to cash in on the Amibo craze. Sadly, my collection will be incomplete now but I'm not going to reward them for this.

Alright, it's still just a bonus for Nintendo fans.

Also, how can it be a gimmick to boost sales when the games still sell really well each year?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1535 Posted: 01:14:33 17/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Also, how can it be a gimmick to boost sales when the games still sell really well each year?

Compare game 1-3 to game 4. It's in their collective interests to keep sales up, so apparently they think that they can't do that on next gen, and that kids still predominantly use Wii/Wii Us. That's my take. Feel free to disagree but still my thoughts. Wii U sales haven't been stellar, and can give them both a shot in the arm. Good for sales, but good for the franchise? Not convinced.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:28 17/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1536 Posted: 01:18:46 17/06/2015

Compare game 1-3 to game 4. It's in their collective interests to keep sales up, so apparently they think that they can't do that on next gen, and that kids still predominantly use Wii/Wii Us. That's my take. Feel free to disagree but still my thoughts. Wii U sales haven't been stellar, and can give them both a shot in the arm. Good for sales, but good for the franchise? Not convinced.

It's good for me, so that's really all that matters to me.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1537 Posted: 01:22:36 17/06/2015
Trap Team honestly left a bad taste in my mouth. SuperChargers was just the change that was needed to get me back in the game.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1538 Posted: 01:32:18 17/06/2015

It's good for me, so that's really all that matters to me.

I've no problems for the announcements, just the business reasons behind them. That's probably for Forbes magazine.
#1539 Posted: 01:34:43 17/06/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Trap Team honestly left a bad taste in my mouth. SuperChargers was just the change that was needed to get me back in the game.

This.
---
#1540 Posted: 01:36:55 17/06/2015

Like a sourey lemon taste?
---
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#1541 Posted: 01:47:20 17/06/2015

I actually feel that SWAP Force left a bad taste in my mouth, and Trap Team helped wash it down.
Just sayin'. smilie
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#1542 Posted: 01:49:16 17/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever

I actually feel that SWAP Force left a bad taste in my mouth, and Trap Team helped wash it down.
Just sayin'. smilie

Opposite fo me, Trap Team made me realize how good SWAP Force was
---
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#1543 Posted: 01:57:48 17/06/2015
Hey guys, back to amiibolanders 'n' stuff, what if there were Skylander amiibo since there are amiibo Skylanders? Like what if they made Spyro and Gill Grunt to use as amiibo and then you could turn the base like Bowser and DK and they would be Skylanders again? Just a thought.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#1544 Posted: 02:02:46 17/06/2015
Price for e3 exclusive is going down
#1545 Posted: 02:05:54 17/06/2015
Hey guys, back to amiibolanders 'n' stuff, what if there were Skylander amiibo since there are amiibo Skylanders? Like what if they made Spyro and Gill Grunt to use as amiibo and then you could turn the base like Bowser and DK and they would be Skylanders again? Just a thought.

what would spyro and gill do though?
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1546 Posted: 02:12:44 17/06/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan

It would depend on the nintendo game. They could be costumes or playable cameos.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1547 Posted: 02:15:59 17/06/2015
We need to know about CARDS & STICKERS! They better have kept them.

I find it hard to believe that amiibo collectors will be forced to buy a starter pack just to get these figures. Plus, if you are a Wii U only owner, why should a last gen console that I thought games were not even being made for any more, be the only way to get Bowser? If they are going through the trouble of doing this, not allowing players to buy them individually is kinda nonsensical.

Otherwise Stealth Elf should be taken out and BOTH Koopa & DK should be in the starter. As long as they have unique packaging, should not cause an issue of confusion.

Just sayin'. smilie

THIS!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1548 Posted: 02:16:42 17/06/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

Like a sourey lemon taste?

More like the horrible morning taste when you wake up and you'd forgotten to brush your teeth the night prior.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1549 Posted: 02:17:53 17/06/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

At this point I'm assuming they will be. I think part of their reluctance to volunteer any info. regarding Adventure Packs might revolve around their continued secrecy regarding pvp. If they announce two Adventure Packs and two Battle Packs that would let the cat out of the bag regarding pvp. If they said 4 Adventure Packs and no Battle Packs then we'd know there was no pvp. Either way that would answer something they have deliberately said they aren't talking about at this time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:44 17/06/2015 by Tigorus
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1550 Posted: 02:18:36 17/06/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
Quote: Skylanders fan

It would depend on the nintendo game. They could be costumes or playable cameos.

Wouldn't mind the original 3; Spyro, Triggs, and Gilly as Super Smash Bros characters. It would be cool to see them in Amiibo form.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
First | Previous | Page 31 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me