Page 1 of 1
Wolfgang's VA back for Sky 5?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 05:00:04 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
CoinOpTv posted a video of Wolfgang's voice actor, John Paul Karliak, hinting about his possible involvement in the upcoming Skylanders 5 at around 4:10 -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#2 Posted: 05:33:40 05/04/2015
Ow wow ! An actuall possible Sky 5 info hint!!!

I really hope Wolfgang messed up the time line of skylands when he travelled through time so my game idea is close smilie

Wolfgang couldve done anything in the future, made a clone or robot to replace himself. Anything .

finally a tiny bit of news !!!!!!! smilie
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:37:46 05/04/2015 by wild_defender
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#3 Posted: 05:35:11 05/04/2015
Maybe villains will be playable in the fifth game after all. Or it could something similar to the meet the villain videos.
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#4 Posted: 05:52:58 05/04/2015
we def need more Wolfgang - he was a pretty good villain!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 08:41:22 05/04/2015
would be awesome to have wolfgang back again, but this time in figure form to buy.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#6 Posted: 10:15:40 05/04/2015
Literally just about to post this topic, it would be nice to see him back again as well as the other doom raiders. And as countmoneybone said, it would be nice to see him in a figure, maybe 1 villain per element and kaos to come with the starter pack? If they do return, however prepare for them to be nerfed big time!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 12:34:36 05/04/2015
Even if he returns as a NPC, it's still nice. Imagine if he's finally that vocalist that the Skaletones were looking for.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#8 Posted: 12:59:40 05/04/2015
Probably won't be wolgang. They re-use actors quite a bit from what I've seen. Just take a look at Wash Buckler and Wallop, same guy.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 13:06:23 05/04/2015
They reuse the guys with more diverse voices, some've stayed with only one or two characters throught all four games like Patrick Warburton. Heck, Karliak's only other big video game role(I mean I never saw or played Marvel Heroes) is Mighty Number 7 and that game isn't out yet. Why give someone with a really distinct voice to more than one character when you can just give the role to Alex Ness and Kevin Michael Richardson for the umpteenth time?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 13:50:40 05/04/2015
Yeah I was about to post something similar to the above posts~

We can't be sure Wolfgang will be in Sky 5 100%, other than maybe traps being re-used,
it could just be the actor is voicing another 'lander, villain, or NPC,
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 14:59:32 05/04/2015
Well, Wolfgang's voice clips from Trap Team will probably just be reused if villains are compatible. It's probably a different character that has the same voice actor.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#12 Posted: 15:33:21 05/04/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, Wolfgang's voice clips from Trap Team will probably just be reused if villains are compatible. It's probably a different character that has the same voice actor.

That's a good point, actually. If villains ain't playable in sky 5 I really hope that some of the more popular villains become NPCs.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 16:02:46 05/04/2015
Pretty decent greenfield speculation...I'm frankly baffled as to how they will handle the next game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#14 Posted: 18:07:41 05/04/2015
Since they have made all the figures from the past playable in the newer games...i would think(hope) they would bring back the trap villians as well...they are part of the playable figures even if there in Traps not figure forms.

And besides it would seem not good marketing to make all those Trapable figures for just one game...not to mech'in the extra Traps that don't have any villians in them as i said before in another post...there are only 3 Elements that use all 6 Traps.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#15 Posted: 18:09:52 05/04/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Since they have made all the figures from the past playable in the newer games...

It's a safe assumption but since traps are not figures, and they specifically avoided answering the question.... (shrug)....
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#16 Posted: 18:54:02 05/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Since they have made all the figures from the past playable in the newer games...

It's a safe assumption but since traps are not figures, and they specifically avoided answering the question.... (shrug)....

I would expect they would try to make people pay more by selling a base for traps to work in the next game, but that's just me.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#17 Posted: 18:58:22 05/04/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Most likely
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#18 Posted: 20:59:08 05/04/2015
Quote: StormDragon21

I would expect they would try to make people pay more by selling a base for traps to work in the next game, but that's just me.

Actually if I were Activision I would sell a new portal by including tech to allow TWO traps to be used at a time, and PvP and the other stuff would come back as well. Amazing I'm promoting the idea of bringing back something they dropped as "an upgrade", but there it is.
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#19 Posted: 23:59:26 05/04/2015
I'd definitely be up for some action in the next Skylanders game, you can be sure of that.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#20 Posted: 00:01:36 06/04/2015
He seems to imply it IS Wolfgang though.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#21 Posted: 20:06:54 06/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
He seems to imply it IS Wolfgang though.

I don't hear anything in what he said that implies him playing Wolfgang Again but rather him mentioning he will be voicing Someone in what seems like (mostly because of him being in TT) skylanders 5.
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
#22 Posted: 20:10:01 06/04/2015
To be fair, he brought up the "little something the other day [he couldn't] speak about" at the mention of yours truly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:03 06/04/2015 by Wolfgang
#23 Posted: 22:26:34 06/04/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
To be fair, he brought up the "little something the other day [he couldn't] speak about" at the mention of yours truly.

I think it was his death scene. His speakers went to eleven. Poor chap.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:35 06/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#24 Posted: 23:59:54 06/04/2015

Actually if I were Activision I would sell a new portal by including tech to allow TWO traps to be used at a time, and PvP and the other stuff would come back as well. Amazing I'm promoting the idea of bringing back something they dropped as "an upgrade", but there it is.

That is actually a good idea...i would like them to bring back PvP...i liked the "Ring-Out"...it was fun.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#25 Posted: 17:17:11 07/04/2015

That is actually a good idea...i would like them to bring back PvP...i liked the "Ring-Out"...it was fun.

I want the ability for 4 figurines/players to be usable for PvP Team Matches (2v2)/Battle Royale (1v1v1/1v1v1v1)
But... i'd settle for 2 traps, because it'd be a shame to NOT allow traps, but at the same time, it'd be a shame to only let ONE person use one...

(genious idea! 3player pvp! Boss Battle mode! 2 players use skylanders, 1 uses a trap, the first two work together to deplete the stamina of the trap [which they can do by playing either evasively or aggressively, by dodging til the stamina/timer runs out, or depleting the stamina through damage], the trap tries to beat both of the skylanders... [which it HAS to do aggressively... by depleting health/ring out/etc...])
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#26 Posted: 21:00:34 07/04/2015

I think that the two-trap portal is a great idea! I also think that there should be more villains in certain elements to even out Trap Team's villains.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#27 Posted: 21:05:21 07/04/2015
I'd be perfectly fine with the trap slot being repurposed into an Item slot, personally, if they want to make it useful for the next game if it isn't as villain-centric.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:41 07/04/2015 by Wolfgang
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#28 Posted: 22:06:31 07/04/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
I'd be perfectly fine with the trap slot being repurposed into an Item slot, personally, if they want to make it useful for the next game if it isn't as villain-centric.

That's a good solution. I was always uncomfortable with the creation of traps cos it means they have to keep the trap slot for all next future games ( which if we get to game 7 etc would be a bit of effort for an old gimic ) or get rid of it completely, which isn't great.

Preferably I think traps should've had a base like magic items instead for continuous future use and so they could be displayed easier.

But Repurposing the slot by making a different type of item to put in there is a great way to keep the slot functional Into the future with out over focusing too much on villains, or the company losing out by having to maintain a dated slot concept.

But then I'm stuck with more things without a base that don't display essily lol. Damn traps!

Maybe they could release a trap holder that's like a cool rock / statue that a trap fits into that acts as a trap stand but also allows you to stand a single trap on the portal without the need for a trap slot.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#29 Posted: 03:52:42 08/04/2015
I do think Wolfgang hit on something I think will happen...which is even if villains PER SE don't come back, the item slot will be used/re purposed for something else. They may even repurpose the trap itself. Who knows. What would be cool is if a trap still remembers the villain I trapped in Trap Team, but then has a new RFID id that can be used in the next game for a new purpose. Now that would be a nice bridge on leveraging investment if they didn't want to recode 40 mediocre villains (which I'm pretty sure isn't coming back, unless they bring them back as full on figurines).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:57:32 08/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me