darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How Many Protectors of Skylands Are There?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
How Many Protectors of Skylands Are There?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#51 Posted: 03:46:16 02/04/2015
Quote: Aura24
You forget that Eon was the last good Portal Master, before the player was introduced. The other Portal Masters were wiped out by another villain, as mentioned in the novels.

So Skylands can never have another local Portal Master? I mean it seems anyone can do it by paying for a magic prison (the portal) and an army of slaves (the Skylanders). We are basically controlling our enslaved minions to over throw the bad guy. Do you feel anything by being "the" Portal Master any more? Not picking a fight I truly want to know. It's become more of a gimmick and less about the experience feeling unique, fresh and hell...COOL. Just to change things up why not give us a suit or something we can inhabit to give us some kind of presence in Skylands...an Avatar if you will. We can still control the Skylanders but at least we'd actually be there instead of just being remote puppet masters. We could even participate in certain fights and the "paired" Skylander could run on auto pilot for those encounters.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 03:54:45 02/04/2015
Sure, the SSA Story Scroll mentioned that anybody can be a Portal Master -

Quote: What makes a Portal Master?
"Neither royal blood nor a sea of gold can make you a Portal Master. Either you are lucky enough to be born with the power to wield a Portal or you are not - It's that simple. What we don't know is why the number of Portal Masters rises and falls over the centuries. Perhaps they simply appear when they are needed most."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#53 Posted: 04:00:54 02/04/2015
Sure, the SSA Story Scroll mentioned that anybody can be a Portal Master -

Quote: What makes a Portal Master?
"Neither royal blood nor a sea of gold can make you a Portal Master. Either you are lucky enough to be born with the power to wield a Portal or you are not - It's that simple. What we don't know is why the number of Portal Masters rises and falls over the centuries. Perhaps they simply appear when they are needed most."

O.k. so nobody in Skylands fits the bill? I mean I know they want to make the user/controller feel special but come on. It's just staring to seem tragic to me that Skylands seems like such an awesome and unique place that and they are wasting it's true potential. Time will tell though. I have faith in V.V., let's hope it's well deserved.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#54 Posted: 06:13:02 02/04/2015
I think it all depends on what focus target they choose to have.

I agree it's getting more and more family and kid's friendly, and while I personally don't mind it that much, SA's mood was part of its enormous charm.

However, it's not a matter of "they are dumbing it down, we want it to be more mature", because I frankly doubt it will gett darker than SA, if they continue to keep the kids, as their focus target.

You cannot add nothing too complex, mature or deep... As the main experience.
Remember that this series is aimed mostly at kids, it needs to be simple, as far as the main Story goes.

Skylanders works great for all the ages, because even if the story is getting more and more comical, and less dramatic (i really liked Trap Team story, but to each his own), you still have a great combact system, for older and more expert players to uncover, with combos, strategies and secret tricks.

Long story short: they won't make it any difficult or deep... In the surface, if they keep the same focus target.
They would have to change it, to get those ideas working.
Spin-offs could very easily be a soluction, if done well.
We'll see... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#55 Posted: 07:07:49 02/04/2015
I liked the trap team story too, if it was a little darker like SA it would have been perfect to me. But The games need comedy more then darkness. Darkness should definitely be saved for spin offs .

Also has anyone noticed that skylanders have gotten less dark too since SA?

The undead element is a good example. hex, ghost roaster and chop chop even eye brawl actually had pretty creepy personalities.

But if you compare them to the cores now, funny bone and batspin are incredibly non threatening lol even krypton king is less threatening then chop chop.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#56 Posted: 07:24:50 02/04/2015
Would not mind going back to a darker tone (But keep those tanks out I don't want to study and figure out it's weal point) And just a question does this story scroll appliy to dark portal master with Kaos trapped this must call for a new one so how do you become on?
---
POPSMARTS!
#57 Posted: 08:02:42 02/04/2015
Quote: Reverse0456
Would not mind going back to a darker tone (But keep those tanks out I don't want to study and figure out it's weal point) And just a question does this story scroll appliy to dark portal master with Kaos trapped this must call for a new one so how do you become on?

Lol it's probably like Star Wars where there can only be 2, a master and apprentice lol.
It might just be a Kaos family trait or something .

With the lack of story scrolls in the latest game ( stupid Flynn scrolls ) we really don't have much extra info. Hopefully they'll start going into more detail about the world now that we've caught Kaos.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#58 Posted: 09:21:01 02/04/2015
Quote:
Also has anyone noticed that skylanders have gotten less dark too since SA?

Hellooo we have tapped into the forbidden Dark Element . Life is getting very dark. Better be careful or we going to end up like Kaos . < I really dont want to lose my lovely hair >
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#59 Posted: 11:19:28 02/04/2015
In that case

GOOD
Master-Eon Apprentice-You

EVIL
Master- Kaos Apprentice- Glumshackes? (I just remember he exist what is wrong with me)

Status

Eon- A spirit You- Hopfully alive Kaos- Trapped Glumshackes- He's somewhere

I think that makes both apprentice shift into masters and now two (three if your dead…I'm a horrible person) open slots for a new apprentice would that makes sense I don't know
---
POPSMARTS!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#60 Posted: 11:40:42 02/04/2015
The SSA story scroll needs to be taken with a grain of salt. SF absolutely broke it with Dark PMs,because until that point Kaos was greatly implied to have denied his destiny(some stuff in the Giants guides seems to point to being teased by both his parents far too much about it), which then could've been a twist of the "when they're needed the most" part. We definately never needed Kaos' mom if she's been around WHILE Eon was in the current plane.

I definately don't want a dark game for the sake of it,the industry is full of gritty and mature(read : edgy) things. I want some of the darker themes in the novels and a lot more of the implied stuff to be a little closer to surface, but keeping the comedy and thrill of an adventure. A few deconstructions there and there, a darkest hour (like in TT where the weapon is up and working), but still with a spot of hope,and a choice to fix at least most things. Doesn't matter if it's with Kaos, Malefor, or Nefarion the genocide expert, if we're immersing in a fantastic world instead of staying in IRL where it's unfair and you will never know when things will get worse, I don't want to be CLOSER to that just because.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#61 Posted: 13:24:32 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm not talking "The Last of Us" dark, but we've gone from a fairly serious and sedate SSA to total goofiness. Just like you don't want dark I don't want total idiotic. Which is where we've headed, or largely become.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#62 Posted: 15:28:34 02/04/2015
SF was far more idiotic than TT, at least in the latter the meta level it gets to might give some shudders. But I'm done arguing about what tone the next game should or should not have, if most of the time here is spent arguing about the canon because someone doesn't bother reading the extra material or at least the wiki;.
In fact, I'll probably wait for the Book of Kaos in september/october before bringing any of it up again. You guys want to be reminded why the stories take him seriously? The Books of Elements referenced having heart attacks out of jumpscares and listed Ghost Roaster's recipes with the expected amount of mauling innocent creatures that you could expect, the writers can only go up(or down?) from there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#63 Posted: 16:24:10 02/04/2015
See I personally think they can make two different games or at the very least two different experiences within the same game. Using the new Fire Emblem game coming in 2016, it appears that you can experience the game as the invading force of the Nohr or be on the defensive as the Hoshido:

Your character will be a child born at the intersection of two distinct kingdoms: the peaceful Hoshido, and the bold, glory-seeking Nohr. Depending on which path you choose to follow, you’ll see a much different story.

The Hoshido side is more accessible and akin to traditional Fire Emblem games, whereas the Nohr side is more difficult and unfamiliar, as you’ll have to “revolutionize an unruly kingdom from the inside.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...-coming-in-2016

Now why can't Skylanders do this? Well frankly it can but they (Activision) needs to want it to happen as well. I mean Fire Emblem is a 3DS game that won't have near the circulation that a Skylanders game will have but they're providing two separate experiences on one game chip. It's also worth mentioning that Skylanders most certainly has a bigger production budget to work with as well. I should also mention that Fire Emblem: Awakenings is one of my favorite games of all time having sunk well over 1000 hours so I'd like to see some of that same love over at the Skylanders camp.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#64 Posted: 17:41:27 02/04/2015
They could do a spilt game between light and dark...
#65 Posted: 17:47:32 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I've been saying the best ideas are simple. Have two story lines...have a hero and villain figure line...spice it up by making decisions in game that decides WHO WILL WIN.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#66 Posted: 18:23:11 02/04/2015
Skylanders: Portal Wars

Will you answer the call for Good or will you side with evil for control of Skylands?

You can play as the Portal Master for Good by taking control of an ancient Arkyean Power Suit that allows the user to have a physical presence in Skylands. Or you can play as one of three evil generals and upcoming Evil Portal Masters. They are, the Evil Troll General Jerkzees, The Drow Sorceress Opressa and the vile Cyclops Old Dread Eye!!!

As the Portal Master in your Arkyean suit you'd issue orders commanding your Skylanders to victory. You'd level up the suit gaining buffs and powers to your skylanders. Or you could play the level and use your Skylanders as powerful allies summoning them for a short time to assist you (like a magic item). The suit would need to be leveled up similar to the Skylanders themselves.

As the Evil Generals you'd take command of your villain armies and storm Skylands. Each General would add specific buffs to the Villains you are commanding at the time. Or you could take direct control of the General them selves and spread Chaos and destruction throughout Skylands. Each General would have there own specific power and buff set.

The gimmick could be powers and abilities for your suit and the villain generals. It could be discs or they could make a mock-up suit or villain statues that have upgrade nodes that would set into the figure with magnets like in Swap Force and each piece would have it's own RFID. Think Voltron with upgrade items...and new figures of course.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:54:54 02/04/2015 by Tigorus
#67 Posted: 18:30:41 02/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
SF was far more idiotic than TT, at least in the latter the meta level it gets to might give some shudders. But I'm done arguing about what tone the next game should or should not have, if most of the time here is spent arguing about the canon because someone doesn't bother reading the extra material or at least the wiki;.
In fact, I'll probably wait for the Book of Kaos in september/october before bringing any of it up again. You guys want to be reminded why the stories take him seriously? The Books of Elements referenced having heart attacks out of jumpscares and listed Ghost Roaster's recipes with the expected amount of mauling innocent creatures that you could expect, the writers can only go up(or down?) from there.

Most fans don't read the info books or prequel novels unfortunately.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#68 Posted: 18:36:05 02/04/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Will you answer the call for Good or will you side with evil for control of Skylands?

You can play as the Portal Master for Good by taking control of an ancient Arkyean Power Suit that allows the user to have a physical presence in Skylands. Or you can play as one of three evil generals and upcoming Evil Portal Masters. They are, the Evil Troll General Jerkzees, The Drow Sorceress Opressa and the vile Cyclops Old Dread Eye!!!

As the Portal Master in your Arkyean suit you'd issue orders commanding your Skylanders to victory. You'd level up the suit gaining buffs and powers to your skylanders. Or you could play the level and use your Skylanders as powerful allies summoning them for a short time to assist you (like a magic item). The suit would need to be leveled up similar to the Skylanders themselves.

As the Evil Generals you'd take command of your villain armies and storm Skylands. Each General would add specific buffs to the Villains you are commanding at the time. Or you could take direct control of the General them selves and spread Chaos and destruction throughout Skylands. Each General would have there own specific power and buff set.

The gimmick could be powders and abilities for your suit and the villain generals. It could be discs or the could make a mock-up suit or villain statues that have upgrade nodes that would set into the figure with magnets like in Swap Force and each piece would have it's own RFID. Think Voltron with upgrade items...and new figures of course.

You win everything. Mind if i use this idea for a fan-game on the skylanders fan wikia? you get credit, of course.
#69 Posted: 18:47:14 02/04/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

The gimmick could be powders and abilities for your suit and the villain generals. It could be discs or the could make a mock-up suit or villain statues that have upgrade nodes that would set into the figure with magnets like in Swap Force and each piece would have it's own RFID. Think Voltron with upgrade items...and new figures of course.

You win everything. Mind if i use this idea for a fan-game on the skylanders fan wikia? you get credit, of course.

Go for it.
#70 Posted: 20:02:18 02/04/2015

Go for it.

Thanks.

Will you answer the Call for GOOD or EVIL?

Kaos has done it, for the last time. After a huge floating head battle with Master Eon, a time vortex opened up, due to their Portal Master Powers, Killing them both. The Vortex has sucked YOU, THE PORTAL MASTER, into the beginning of skylands. After 4 explorerers discovered this magical land at the center of the universe, There are 2 sides at a disagreement. The powerful, ancient Portal Master Era, Who just happens to be Eon's Mother. Her vision of skylands is a Peaceful, Magical place full Of wonder, Mystery, and Magic. But Era's partners, 3 powerful rulers, Want skylands to be a strict 3-way dictatorship, With a goal- Use this opressing Rulership to Build an army powerful enough to rule the universe! The 3 generals- Troll Commander Warpath, Dragon Archeologist and Undead General Malefor, and Powerful King of the Arkeyan Race, Arkus. Now, They have noticed you. The Rulers are trying to convince you to join them, and have all the power you have ever wanted. But Era offers you something she says is "More powerful than all the power in the universe- Innocence."

If you choose Era's side, You will be able to explore the Open world of ancient Skylands, Discovering Secrets and Magic. But now the Rulers are Infuriated! They will Stop nothing to get your Power. They have begun spreading evil and Dark creatures to hunt you and Era down. So now, your days of exporation have come to an end. You must use a Powerful Energy- Portal Energy- To convert these Dark Creatures to heroes. This is where skylanders and traps come in! If you have a skylander or trap, you can Put it on the portal to Summon a New hero from the future to Transfer portal energy and fight with you. Or you can play as the skylander/villain, using their power to Convert evil to good while your portal master character Finds more Portal Energy.

If you choose The Ruler's Side, you will begin to build a World-of evil. You can summon evil creatures, Create fortresses and outposts, Train armies to do your bidding, and Take control of any of the 3 generals! You can also Summon villains from traps and skylanders To create Bigger armies, and Expand your rule. Era has begun mining all the Portal energy from the Skylands to create a source of light to banish your darkness. To finish your plan and create an evil army, you must send your armies to wreak havoc on these Mining Devices, and terrorize skylands.

At the end, There is an epic battle, where you must build and train a HUGE army to combat the other side. After this big, interactive mega boss fight, Whichever side you chose wins. Their desires for skylands are put into affect.

After winning, Era builds something called a "Core Of Light", which Banishes the 3 generals to 3 lands- Malefor to the underworld, Arkus to a vault, and Warpath is killed. She uses the core to Harness 10 types of energy. Elements are born. After putting skylands at peace, she Settles down, and has a child, Eon. Her elemental harnessing has made her the first portal master. At the VERY End, A young eon wanders into a field, and sees a young dragon. He tells the dragon about his mom, and the dragon shares his adventures. They become quick friends. The dragon is Spyro.

After Winning, the 3 generals Quickly begin to betray each other. At the final straw, Arkus strangles Warpath, killing him. Malefor flees to the underworld, but first kidnaps a dragon's egg to be his evil daughter. Cynder is born. At the VERY End, Arkus builds a gauntlet, called the Iron Fist of Arkus. He rules over skylands for the next 10,00 Years.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#71 Posted: 20:16:30 02/04/2015

Go for it.

Thanks.

Will you answer the Call for GOOD or EVIL?

Kaos has done it, for the last time. After a huge floating head battle with Master Eon, a time vortex opened up, due to their Portal Master Powers, Killing them both. The Vortex has sucked YOU, THE PORTAL MASTER, into the beginning of skylands. After 4 explorerers discovered this magical land at the center of the universe, There are 2 sides at a disagreement. The powerful, ancient Portal Master Era, Who just happens to be Eon's Mother. Her vision of skylands is a Peaceful, Magical place full Of wonder, Mystery, and Magic. But Era's partners, 3 powerful rulers, Want skylands to be a strict 3-way dictatorship, With a goal- Use this opressing Rulership to Build an army powerful enough to rule the universe! The 3 generals- Troll Commander Warpath, Dragon Archeologist and Undead General Malefor, and Powerful King of the Arkeyan Race, Arkus. Now, They have noticed you. The Rulers are trying to convince you to join them, and have all the power you have ever wanted. But Era offers you something she says is "More powerful than all the power in the universe- Innocence."

If you choose Era's side, You will be able to explore the Open world of ancient Skylands, Discovering Secrets and Magic. But now the Rulers are Infuriated! They will Stop nothing to get your Power. They have begun spreading evil and Dark creatures to hunt you and Era down. So now, your days of exporation have come to an end. You must use a Powerful Energy- Portal Energy- To convert these Dark Creatures to heroes. This is where skylanders and traps come in! If you have a skylander or trap, you can Put it on the portal to Summon a New hero from the future to Transfer portal energy and fight with you. Or you can play as the skylander/villain, using their power to Convert evil to good while your portal master character Finds more Portal Energy.

If you choose The Ruler's Side, you will begin to build a World-of evil. You can summon evil creatures, Create fortresses and outposts, Train armies to do your bidding, and Take control of any of the 3 generals! You can also Summon villains from traps and skylanders To create Bigger armies, and Expand your rule. Era has begun mining all the Portal energy from the Skylands to create a source of light to banish your darkness. To finish your plan and create an evil army, you must send your armies to wreak havoc on these Mining Devices, and terrorize skylands.

At the end, There is an epic battle, where you must build and train a HUGE army to combat the other side. After this big, interactive mega boss fight, Whichever side you chose wins. Their desires for skylands are put into affect.

After winning, Era builds something called a "Core Of Light", which Banishes the 3 generals to 3 lands- Malefor to the underworld, Arkus to a vault, and Warpath is killed. She uses the core to Harness 10 types of energy. Elements are born. After putting skylands at peace, she Settles down, and has a child, Eon. Her elemental harnessing has made her the first portal master. At the VERY End, A young eon wanders into a field, and sees a young dragon. He tells the dragon about his mom, and the dragon shares his adventures. They become quick friends. The dragon is Spyro.

After Winning, the 3 generals Quickly begin to betray each other. At the final straw, Arkus strangles Warpath, killing him. Malefor flees to the underworld, but first kidnaps a dragon's egg to be his evil daughter. Cynder is born. At the VERY End, Arkus builds a gauntlet, called the Iron Fist of Arkus. He rules over skylands for the next 10,00 Years.

That is really cool.
---
#hu
#72 Posted: 20:21:02 02/04/2015
Thanks.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#73 Posted: 20:28:22 02/04/2015
I would pay so much if that were a thing.
---
#hu
#74 Posted: 20:30:47 02/04/2015
Skylanders: Weapon of Choice.

Best game EVER
#75 Posted: 20:47:50 02/04/2015
Skylanders: Weapon of Choice.

Best game EVER

lol too bad they already used that song for the press release of Swap Force. See both our visions could function as their own game since mine is more of a sequel and yours a prequel. Poor Warpath though...he's screwed no matter what happens lol...he is a Troll though so smilie. All this talk about the glory days is making me want to play SSA again lol. I still would also like to see Heroics come back in the form of personal story missions that unlock stats for an individual Skylanders and slight diminished stats for any other Skylander that completes it.

In regards to Ghost's original question I believe that for reasons of marketing and story it's Infinity (total shot there lol). The story has already spanned 10,000 years going back to Giants (I think it was 10 K) and back again with exiles, uncovers and good old magic. I want more and would like to see some spin-offs. I also wish they would consider releasing straight up new digital content. They could be level and hat packs. Hell I'd be o.k. if they re-did the old Adventure pack levels in the newer games. I could see like $5.00 if you own the original unlock item and $10 if you don't. I do realize though that this would require the most expensive design element...art. The programming, level flow, story and voice acting are all done. Art costs a lot of time and money though so just a pipe dream.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:35 02/04/2015 by Tigorus
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#76 Posted: 03:23:32 03/04/2015
Wait, Kaos is a bad guy? In my copy of Trap Team he's killed more enemies for the forces of good than anyone else. Not to mention all the help he is in the main storyline. He's an esteemed member of my Skylander Academy. On top of that, his sense of humor is better than anyone else I have on my side. I'm not even sure at this point why we don't just let Kaos lead us.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#77 Posted: 04:49:35 03/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Stil peeved about the IQ bit you brought up over this. <.<

OK, flush your feelings. That leads to the dark side.

The story and gameplay was darker and slightly more mature in the first game. The writing and gameplay has been getting more "family friendly" shall I say. In GhostRoaster's world, they're taking an easier, cheaper way in some of the production quality of these. Choose to agree or disagree, I may not know the difference since my IQ has dropped since SSA smilie

Arkeyan backdrops...gone....a lot of the story scrolls were so nicely done in the first games I could almost envision an entire game built upon the premise. Now, Boom scrolls?

As Paul Reiche has said, "respect the player". They gave tons of respect in the first game...I feel they are almost mocking us now.

This so much. It's not an opinion but more of a fact that they've dumbed down the franchise as it's progressed from SSA. They appear to only be interested in hooking onto new players and not "growing up" with the SSA generation. There are so many ways they could improve the franchise and make it better and more mature (slightly) without sacrificing it's core family values. Think Kingdom Hearts. It's got Disney and Square together with kid friendly combat but a slightly complex plot and familiar characters. It's not insulting anyone's intelligence. Frankly I'd love to see Skylanders spin-offs like fighters and RPG's but I doubt that will happen. They want to have us by the short hairs and insure that we have tunnel vision for any Skylander release. I mean look at the Mario franchise. Some spin-offs have truly sucked but others have been real gems.

I would like to see someone in Skylands take over Eon's old role. A more permanent Portal Master and when we show up it's as more of a support role. There could be several different paths to take as the story progresses. Certain paths branch out into other chains and some close certain paths for good. Kind of like Dragon Age or Mass Effect...choices have consequences. Sky 5 might be my last ride with this franchise if they continue to remove content and devolve the franchise as a whole. I've known the entire time that this franchise was geared towards a younger audience but it's gotten a lot more insignificant than in say SSA or Giants. I just don't feel the peril anymore. Swap Force at least had you going up against, Kaos, Glumshanks, Kaos' Mom and her henchmen. All the while you were rescuing Whiskers, Tessa, the Elders, The Elemental's (don't remember their actual name), etc. As well as the threat of Kaos controlling the flow of magic in all of Skylands. Trap Team had the Doom Raiders and eventually Kaos but it felt cheesy and forced. I never once felt like Skylands was in any real danger. Just when the Golden Queen gained her supreme, ultimate, evil power of ultimate doom...we thwart her....that didn't last long.

Skylanders making a fighter spinoff? that would explain the lack off PvP in Trap Team.

Speaking of Void of Evil...
someone who's actually competent filling the void left by Kaos being Trapped?
Malefor in Skylanders 5 confirmed!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#78 Posted: 08:46:02 03/04/2015
Quote:
Wait, Kaos is a bad guy? In my copy of Trap Team he's killed more enemies for the forces of good than anyone else.

Morality is never black and white , its grey .....
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#79 Posted: 08:56:05 03/04/2015
Quote: juarmo
Speaking of Void of Evil...
someone who's actually competent filling the void left by Kaos being Trapped?
Malefor in Skylanders 5 confirmed!

You know that rumor is getting rather overrated now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:56:27 03/04/2015 by Aura24
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#80 Posted: 08:58:09 03/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

I agree it's getting more and more family and kid's friendly, and while I personally don't mind it that much, SA's mood was part of its enormous charm.

However, it's not a matter of "they are dumbing it down, we want it to be more mature", because I frankly doubt it will gett darker than SA, if they continue to keep the kids, as their focus target.

Remember that this series is aimed mostly at kids, it needs to be simple, as far as the main Story goes.

Skylanders works great for all the ages, because even if the story is getting more and more comical, and less dramatic (i really liked Trap Team story, but to each his own), you still have a great combact system, for older and more expert players to uncover, with combos, strategies and secret tricks.

Long story short: they won't make it any difficult or deep... In the surface, if they keep the same focus target.
We'll see... smilie

Well, if they keep TRYING to appeal to 5-year olds with a game rated E10+ (see, they can't be held accountable for the decisions of the parents to buy the game unless they make it EVIDENT that they are TRYING to sell to underaged people...), the ESRB should be out for BLOOD... Or, should I say, the FCC..
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#81 Posted: 22:47:50 03/04/2015
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Drek95

We'll see... smilie

Well, if they keep TRYING to appeal to 5-year olds with a game rated E10+ (see, they can't be held accountable for the decisions of the parents to buy the game unless they make it EVIDENT that they are TRYING to sell to underaged people...), the ESRB should be out for BLOOD... Or, should I say, the FCC..

I don't see how they would be trying to appeal to 5 years old.
Both my cousins are 10, and are loving the game, even finding it quite difficult, sometimes.

They made it a lot more kid's friendly, in terms of mood, and maybe character design, not for the game as a whole, in my opinion.
Try giving it to a 5 years old kid, I would like to see what he/she could do. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#82 Posted: 00:18:53 05/04/2015
There are a lot of interesting ideas here, but I don't think the developers need to go as far as to do something dark, I think they just need better villains than Kaos.

They need someone who's not a 4-time washed up loser and who acts the same between every game that comes out. At the very least, Golden Queen seemed like a step in the right direction. And why is Kaos still allowed to be the final boss when he's so weak? He had to usurp the position of final boss twice in the past two games, first using his mom as a distraction in Swap Force, and then needing to pit the player and Golden Queen against each other to get a position he clearly didn't deserve in Trap Team. This boring anticlimax makes Kaos anything but worth the player's respect as a foe.

I wouldn't mind if Kaos was dropped from the mix in the next game in lieu of a more dynamic villain, but one can only hope...
#83 Posted: 03:09:20 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Let me rephrase: I don't need Revenge of the Sith dark here...but a story generally sells well if the heroes actually have a VERY REAL problem. Kaos hasn't ever been a real threat but the tone of SSA at least sold that enough to me that although Kaos is goofy he can get evil stuff done. Since then, I don't really feel that involved enough in the story to care. It just all feels like levels, and the story is secondary. I should feel somewhat concerned when I face the main boss, not laughing in my shoes. Makes sense now guys?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:03 05/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#84 Posted: 05:30:48 05/04/2015
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
There are a lot of interesting ideas here, but I don't think the developers need to go as far as to do something dark, I think they just need better villains than Kaos.

They need someone who's not a 4-time washed up loser and who acts the same between every game that comes out. At the very least, Golden Queen seemed like a step in the right direction. And why is Kaos still allowed to be the final boss when he's so weak? He had to usurp the position of final boss twice in the past two games, first using his mom as a distraction in Swap Force, and then needing to pit the player and Golden Queen against each other to get a position he clearly didn't deserve in Trap Team. This boring anticlimax makes Kaos anything but worth the player's respect as a foe.

I wouldn't mind if Kaos was dropped from the mix in the next game in lieu of a more dynamic villain, but one can only hope...

I don't think changing out Kaos is really necessary, he is rather pathetic but switching him out for another villain isn't really the solution. They just need to serious kaos up a bit, stop writing him in as a clumsy kid who falls over in every scene and instead makes a few more dark comments about destroying and enslaving skylands. He's an iconic villain now and I don't think they'll just throw him out. And really he's half the humouring in the game, if we lose him for a mainstream villain, all we'll be left with is Flynn jokes lol.

Kaos is pretty much the only thing holding together some kind of continuity between the last couple of gameS too.

sA and giants games aesthetically and functional are tied together really well and together combine to make 1 great adventure chronicle.

But SF and trap team both feel like really seperate games. The main thing linking them together is the underlying Kaos story. Hopefully sky 5 links really well functionally with SF or TT But if it doesn't, it'd segment the series even more,especially if Kaos disappeared.
---
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#85 Posted: 06:12:30 05/04/2015
Let's call the next game Kaos Alliance. With some of his minions as Skylanders. Or am I the only here that thinks that some of the enemies or the villains from TT looks better than some of the new Skylanders? I like them for their funny comments from the portal, but the skills of the most are not very strong. No comparison or a replacement for a real Skylander.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:13:23 05/04/2015 by Jeriba
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me