darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How Many Protectors of Skylands Are There?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
How Many Protectors of Skylands Are There?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 13:38:42 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm really starting to doubt Eon's leadership. I know he's a floating head and all, decapitated by the explosion of the Core of Light, but he's playing fast and loose with the Skylander membership with the roster being what it is. And with all of this manpower, why can't they go on the offensive and finish off the annoying Kaos once and for all? Why I tell you....WWWWHHHHYYYYY?

And when I look around, everyone looks peaceful...just this pain called Kaos. Get rid of him and Skylanders can get some much needed rest. Not sure why they sit around waiting for the next poorly thought out plan.

Speaking of which, what is Activision's next poorly thought out plan for this?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:44:35 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#2 Posted: 13:44:08 01/04/2015
Maybe Master Eon's a sissy smilie
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:43 01/04/2015 by ExcitonKnight
#3 Posted: 13:45:47 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ExcitonKnight
Mayber Master Eon's a sissy smilie

Of course he is. First words out of his mouth when Kaos attacked in SSA was "Skylanders!". He's like the Emperor until Episode 3. He talks a good game but can't back it up.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 14:04:17 01/04/2015
So basically you want the Skylanders to be cold blooded killers to their archenemies?

In the books, there have been instances explaining why Kaos had been spared from nearly getting killed by his own traps or by angry Skylanders. They would've left Kaos to his fate or crushed him to pieces right there and then when he was turned into a statue, but they didn't because that isn't what Master Eon had taught them the moment they were recruited. Otherwise the Skylanders doing such things will make them no better than Kaos himself.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 14:45:18 01/04/2015
That,and they're genre savvy enough to know about void of evil. You kill the guy who's just short of greatness,and the next evildoer that takes his place might actually be competent. So quite literally,the lesser of two evils. Though with Kaos trapped and all they might actually've opened themselves to that.

Also Skylands is the size of an entire universe. 120 ish unique Skylanders is actually a SMALL number to patrol the entire thing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 14:52:34 01/04/2015
A floating head putting together a new team of heroes every year or so to save the world...

Where have I heard that before? Morphinominal!
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#7 Posted: 14:58:59 01/04/2015
Eon wasn't a floating head 5 years ago,so.

And according to the comics he actually shows himself to the Skylanders full body via hologram.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#8 Posted: 16:03:19 01/04/2015
Kaos is a fellow Portal Master that can summon Hydra Skylander . Annoying or not , he is one of us .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:22 01/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#9 Posted: 16:06:13 01/04/2015
Rule #1 when playing Skylanders: don't apply logic.
#10 Posted: 16:08:38 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
So basically you want the Skylanders to be cold blooded killers to their archenemies?

In the books, there have been instances explaining why Kaos had been spared from nearly getting killed by his own traps or by angry Skylanders. They would've left Kaos to his fate or crushed him to pieces right there and then when he was turned into a statue, but they didn't because that isn't what Master Eon had taught them the moment they were recruited. Otherwise the Skylanders doing such things will make them no better than Kaos himself.

Yeah yeah....we need some Robert Kirkman "grey morality" interwoven into this child's tale. And no, not saying be cold blooded killers (although, I do see every thing I attack die)...simply be PROACTIVE for once. How about visiting the trolls and forming a truce or an alliance? Why must they always be reactive and destructive when they can brainwash...errr....lead others weak minded to stop working for "the man".

Next Game should be "Skylanders: Govco" and it should be like building a society free of Kaos...instead of this awful violence. Who's with me?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:27 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 16:28:08 01/04/2015
Because when you think about things too hard they stop being as fun, unless it's just about said thinking. Also void of evil also applies to the evil races,just look at how Dark Stygian ended up.
---
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#12 Posted: 16:39:00 01/04/2015
Honestly I think Master Eon is lawful power hungry, didn't he "accidently" sent his own master to the sea? So the Skylanders are his super police. He doesn't want to share power with Kaos he just wants Kaos to work for him and that's why traps turn those who oppose to "good guys" Eon doesn't plan to cause bad things to happen he just wants to control the good things /theory
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#13 Posted: 17:05:59 01/04/2015
...Kaos is racist at trees(SSA and Giants),has no qualms with genocide(Weather Wizard and some other implied instances),freely allows his army to do whatever(Trolls and the occasional Drow clan) even if it includes invasion and murder,and his last plan was to stick the player with family and friends at Earth in a crystal in a place across the entire multiverse. Eon just CAN'T have some crazy he's actually evil theory because he couldn't top Kaos if he tried. He's definately willing to step outside the big good morals every now and then,but it's for the gain of Skylands or at least what his idea of gain is.
---
#14 Posted: 17:11:27 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Because when you think about things too hard they stop being as fun, unless it's just about said thinking. Also void of evil also applies to the evil races,just look at how Dark Stygian ended up.

I'm not thinking hard at all. I just don't want 5 skylanders games each with basically the same underlying story. Bad does bad, good goes after bad, good wins...evil lives on. Are we saying this is as good as it gets? I'm not accepting that. Certainly the writers can do more than that. More depth, if just a smidge....a little taste.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:13:27 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#15 Posted: 17:15:21 01/04/2015
Now you're just saying how you want the game tailor-made to your tastes. Not good or bad taste.
---
#16 Posted: 17:23:29 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Now you're just saying how you want the game tailor-made to your tastes. Not good or bad taste.

It's got to be crafted to someone's tastes...and I'm being greenfield here. I'm not trying to push a specific approach...other than a little less of the same, please. Some of you guys are fearful of change, but it's needed. I was trying to spark imagination, not condemnation.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:24:51 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#17 Posted: 17:24:55 01/04/2015
Master Eon is overpowered as hell like Kaos, here's his powers:
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#18 Posted: 17:28:48 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
That's awesome. Now he needs to bring it. Mono et Mono....Kaos vs. Eon. Bring it on, Skylanders 5.

He must be part of the Air element, cause he's always full of hot air. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:05 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#19 Posted: 17:35:33 01/04/2015
You guys don't read a whole lot of the novels and extra materials,do you?
That storm isn't made by Eon,it's him trying to stand his ground as the Book of Power tries to blow everyone away. Don't just assume random stuff.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#20 Posted: 17:47:05 01/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
I'm not thinking hard at all. I just don't want 5 skylanders games each with basically the same underlying story. Bad does bad, good goes after bad, good wins...evil lives on. Are we saying this is as good as it gets? I'm not accepting that. Certainly the writers can do more than that. More depth, if just a smidge....a little taste.

I'm kind of hoping that one of the next new "big bads" we get is actually a fallen Skylander. I think it would be interesting to play through a game against an enemy that knows everything about how and why Master Eon and the Skylanders work.

He must be part of the Air element, cause he's always full of hot air. smilie

I'd have said Earth because...well... smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#21 Posted: 17:49:26 01/04/2015
That storm isn't made by Eon,it's him trying to stand his ground as the Book of Power tries to blow everyone away. Don't just assume random stuff.

Oh well... FAIL xD BTW I think Eon is very powerful and multi-elemental like Kaos.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#22 Posted: 17:52:15 01/04/2015
Isn't Kaos Kaos element so would that make Eon Eon element? smilie
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#23 Posted: 18:03:15 01/04/2015
Quote: Buuzer

Oh well... FAIL xD BTW I think Eon is very powerful and multi-elemental like Kaos.

Always check the wiki for all of your canon needs. But Eon really hasn't even been show to use magic aggressively, he traveled between dimensions and used the portal network for all sorts of things but he never really bothered to defend himself. I'd check with someone who has Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon though,he might've done something there since he got kidnapped and all.
---
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#24 Posted: 18:07:09 01/04/2015
Quote:
I'm kind of hoping that one of the next new "big bads" we get is actually a fallen Skylander. I think it would be interesting to play through a game against an enemy that knows everything about how and why Master Eon and the Skylanders work.

I think that'd be a good idea.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#25 Posted: 19:32:59 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Everyone loves a good redemption story. And although Paul Reiche has always said his intent is to make the player feel powerful...I'd love to see the skylanders actually on their heels for once.

The writers of the games do that Did Kaos Mom get a facelift between Giants and Swap Force? And we know all of the novels isn't part of the same canon. It's like assuming all of those Star Wars novels play into the movies.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:35:52 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#26 Posted: 19:39:39 01/04/2015
Life would be boring without a bad guy to fight now and then.
---
bye
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#27 Posted: 19:42:23 01/04/2015
Quote:
^ Everyone loves a good redemption story. And although Paul Reiche has always said his intent is to make the player feel powerful...I'd love to see the skylanders actually on their heels for once.

Maybe the "Evil Skylander/Skylanders" will reveal Eon to be a villain after you've found a way to stop the "Evil Skylander", and then you have to stop Eon from using the weapon? Maybe this could be after Kaos has been permanently defeated, or in an alternative timeline (Like Zelda). ...I doubt Acti/TfB/VV would do that, but after the Doom Raiders, I think Acti/TfB are starting to use "Kaos is the only villain, no twists" less.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#28 Posted: 19:43:20 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
Life would be boring without a bad guy to fight now and then.

One that provides a challenge? Worth their mettle? I agree. Which is why this annoyance called K-A-O-S should be put to bed without his dinner. Bring on a baddie to actually shake in your boots. And provides problem after problem that puts the heroes on the brink.
---
#29 Posted: 19:51:46 01/04/2015
Like the next villain wouldn't have to fail every time just like Kaos because of the target audience. Nobody's going to attempt a Shadow the Hedgehog on this series this soon, and for its health it better never do.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#30 Posted: 19:53:23 01/04/2015

The writers of the games do that Did Kaos Mom get a facelift between Giants and Swap Force? And we know all of the novels isn't part of the same canon. It's like assuming all of those Star Wars novels play into the movies.

I'm pretty sure the novels are canon. Some prequels to SSA. While the MoP series and comics take place between each game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#31 Posted: 19:56:47 01/04/2015
Mask of Power takes place before SSA tooo.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#32 Posted: 20:52:48 01/04/2015
The only conflicting lore is in Machine of Doom,so if any novel can be considered non-canon is only that one(was Onk Beakman's first attempt at writing in this canon,so it can be forgiven too). Mask of Power plays it pretty safe but what it adds seems to be planned at the least, and now that Weather Wizard's characterizations of Hex and Cynder carried over to Return of the Dragon King we can assume they're very much canon.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#33 Posted: 20:59:21 01/04/2015
I've always wondered if theres some sort of police, or government in Skylands, I mean the Skylanders can't be the only guys keeping people safe.

Right?
#34 Posted: 21:05:41 01/04/2015
There's the Mabu Defense Force.
---
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#35 Posted: 21:27:48 01/04/2015
Master Eon is a chicken nugget smilie
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#36 Posted: 21:30:49 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
There's the Mabu Defense Force.

Yeah, right...

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:12 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#37 Posted: 21:39:48 01/04/2015
Look, the story isn't going to go dark as you might want it to be, this is a kids' game after all.

I mean, sure, some older fans would want the Skylanders to outright kill Kaos to end his reign once and for all, but it's still a little dark for children. Kaos is the Skylanders' archenemy and the main villain of the franchise, he's not gonna be wiped out anytime soon.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:43:36 01/04/2015 by Aura24
#38 Posted: 21:42:01 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Have you played the first game? Can we go back there? Or does our IQ have to drop substantially more?
---
#39 Posted: 21:42:09 01/04/2015
And there's the whole morality issues involved - do you kill someone whose powers could be used for good, even if against his will(trapped,in prision,etc)? It doesn't matter how much you hate a fictional character but wishing for his death in canon is a bit much to outright beg.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#40 Posted: 21:54:34 01/04/2015
Have you played the first game? Can we go back there? Or does our IQ have to drop substantially more?

Why are you complaining, if your IQ dropped so much...?
You should quietly accept anything Activision gives you, like a docile brainwashed sheep. smilie

The first game had darker settings, and I would love if the fifth title could bring some of them back, but they never got too far.
They will never do something this mature and violent, in a kids friendly game.

Unless this is a really sophisticated April Fools topic, and we all took it too seriously. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#41 Posted: 21:56:30 01/04/2015
Can't tell considering GR wishes for Kaos to be gone whatever means possible in a normal day.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#42 Posted: 22:10:50 01/04/2015
Ok, but this whole topic seems too "over the top" even for him.
I mean, kill the main villain in a kid's friendly game series...?

Maybe getting rid of him in some other ways, not that one.
And just to remember, Kaos was a big part of SA's "dark" mood.
They just need to tweak him. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#43 Posted: 22:24:05 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
No, it doesn't have to be "kill"...find a story mechanic that makes him "neutralized" from ever being a threat. I could see a story where skylanders get word that Kaos is planning Plan C and they go and proactively stop him. They do, but a new threat emerges as a result....something far more sinister...

And let's go back to the darker tone of SSA. Yes, Flynn....you master balloonist...you can say BOOM. More than once, but who's counting? Oh yeah, me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:43 01/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#44 Posted: 22:26:00 01/04/2015
Stil peeved about the IQ bit you brought up over this. <.<
---
#45 Posted: 23:41:44 01/04/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I've always wondered if theres some sort of police, or government in Skylands, I mean the Skylanders can't be the only guys keeping people safe.

Right?

There are more Skylanders than non-Skylanders in Skylands, so the inhabitants are safe with only the Skylanders protecting them smilie
---
bye
#46 Posted: 01:31:43 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator

OK, flush your feelings. That leads to the dark side.

The story and gameplay was darker and slightly more mature in the first game. The writing and gameplay has been getting more "family friendly" shall I say. In GhostRoaster's world, they're taking an easier, cheaper way in some of the production quality of these. Choose to agree or disagree, I may not know the difference since my IQ has dropped since SSA smilie

Arkeyan backdrops...gone....a lot of the story scrolls were so nicely done in the first games I could almost envision an entire game built upon the premise. Now, Boom scrolls?

As Paul Reiche has said, "respect the player". They gave tons of respect in the first game...I feel they are almost mocking us now.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:34:31 02/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#47 Posted: 01:39:14 02/04/2015
Making a game "darker" or "edgier" doesn't automatically make it better. Remember when the Sonic the Hedgehog series tried it and we got this little gem?

[User Posted Image]
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#48 Posted: 03:20:16 02/04/2015
Sh4dow the Hedgehog is so kewl and d4rk.
---
bye
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#49 Posted: 03:26:33 02/04/2015

OK, flush your feelings. That leads to the dark side.

The story and gameplay was darker and slightly more mature in the first game. The writing and gameplay has been getting more "family friendly" shall I say. In GhostRoaster's world, they're taking an easier, cheaper way in some of the production quality of these. Choose to agree or disagree, I may not know the difference since my IQ has dropped since SSA smilie

Arkeyan backdrops...gone....a lot of the story scrolls were so nicely done in the first games I could almost envision an entire game built upon the premise. Now, Boom scrolls?

As Paul Reiche has said, "respect the player". They gave tons of respect in the first game...I feel they are almost mocking us now.

This so much. It's not an opinion but more of a fact that they've dumbed down the franchise as it's progressed from SSA. They appear to only be interested in hooking onto new players and not "growing up" with the SSA generation. There are so many ways they could improve the franchise and make it better and more mature (slightly) without sacrificing it's core family values. Think Kingdom Hearts. It's got Disney and Square together with kid friendly combat but a slightly complex plot and familiar characters. It's not insulting anyone's intelligence. Frankly I'd love to see Skylanders spin-offs like fighters and RPG's but I doubt that will happen. They want to have us by the short hairs and insure that we have tunnel vision for any Skylander release. I mean look at the Mario franchise. Some spin-offs have truly sucked but others have been real gems.

I would like to see someone in Skylands take over Eon's old role. A more permanent Portal Master and when we show up it's as more of a support role. There could be several different paths to take as the story progresses. Certain paths branch out into other chains and some close certain paths for good. Kind of like Dragon Age or Mass Effect...choices have consequences. Sky 5 might be my last ride with this franchise if they continue to remove content and devolve the franchise as a whole. I've known the entire time that this franchise was geared towards a younger audience but it's gotten a lot more insignificant than in say SSA or Giants. I just don't feel the peril anymore. Swap Force at least had you going up against, Kaos, Glumshanks, Kaos' Mom and her henchmen. All the while you were rescuing Whiskers, Tessa, the Elders, The Elemental's (don't remember their actual name), etc. As well as the threat of Kaos controlling the flow of magic in all of Skylands. Trap Team had the Doom Raiders and eventually Kaos but it felt cheesy and forced. I never once felt like Skylands was in any real danger. Just when the Golden Queen gained her supreme, ultimate, evil power of ultimate doom...we thwart her....that didn't last long.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:30:38 02/04/2015 by Tigorus
#50 Posted: 03:33:19 02/04/2015
You forget that Eon was the last good Portal Master, before the player was introduced. The other Portal Masters were wiped out by another villain, as mentioned in the novels.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me