Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Skylanders: The Hidden City © (Chapter 10)
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: The Hidden City © (Chapter 10) [CLOSED]
Eternal Sunfury Blue Sparx Gems: 664
#1 Posted: 17:44:11 16/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey, I'm Eternal Sunfury and I'm starting an IRL Skylanders fan-fic starring;
  • smilie Arya,
  • smilie Darvron,
  • smilie NRG,
  • smilie Atlantis,
  • smilie Aquan &
  • smilie Blitz

In this story, some Skylanders have a stronger counterpart, either a legendary or dark version of themselves, or another Skylander similar to them in someway, like Stump Smash and Tree Rex, sometimes they may have more than one 'empowered' form. When a Skylander is empowered, they keep the same name, they just become the other Skylander.

Other characters:
  • smilie Sting
  • smilie Axe
  • smilie Striker (Ex-Reagent Lord)
  • smilie Overload
  • {Unknown Creature} smilie Hawk (Trapped)
  • smilie Magma
  • smilie Vortex
  • smilie Drix
  • smilie Doctor Nye
  • smilie Dusk
  • smilie Lord Malvolent
  • smilie Nimrod
  • smilie Zeus
  • smilie Ross
  • smilie Randy

'Empowered' skylanders (past and present):
  • smilie Lord Malvolent (previously smilie )
  • smilie Doctor Nye (previously smilie )
  • smilie Axe (previously smilie )
  • Volcanic Lava barf smilie Magma (previously smilie )
  • Legendary smilie Vortex (previously smilie )
  • smilie NRG (previously smilie )
  • Granite smilie Darvron (previously smilie )
  • {Unknown Creature} smilie Hawk (previously smilie )

The Book of Empowerment

Let's begin now...

----

If there's any advice or suggestions you'd like to give, please do, thanks smilie
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
Edited 13 times - Last edited at 07:33:29 31/12/2014 by Eternal Sunfury
#2 Posted: 06:51:46 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1

Darvron awoke as his package was dumped into a storeroom and the door was slammed with a loud bang. He made to push himself off the floor, but he was bound by a strange see through material with white bands around his legs, he couldn’t move. He lay there, struggling against his bonds, but couldn’t move.

Then, a while later, he heard a sound, like a sword coming out of a sheath, and muffled footsteps. Something landed right behind his head. He froze in fear, even if he hadn’t been bound, he wouldn’t have moved. Then he heard quick sounds, as if knives had broken through his prison, and then a Stealth Elf appeared, pushing open his cage and cut his bounds. Darvron slowly stood up.

He looked at the Stealth Elf for a long time, he hadn’t seen another Skylander in rock’s years, he slowly stated, “You’re a Stealth Elf…” she groaned at this, “Yes, and you’re a Prism Break, what’s your name?” Darvron stretched then replied gruffly, “Darvron”, “Arya” she said in return, “ I want to get as many Skylanders as I can out of here, can you help?”

Darvron agreed, and they raced through the maze of boxes, in each box were two Skylanders, they managed to open two boxes, freeing an Ignitor named NRG, a Riptide name Atlantis, a Gill Grunt named Aquan and a Smolderdash named Blitz. Arya was running to the fourth box when a shaft of light opened in their dark world, they hid behind some boxes as they heard a voice raised in alarm, “Joe! Some of the boxes and packs have been cut open, we’re missing six of the merchandise!”

--------

Will the six be caught out?
----
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:12:19 23/09/2014 by Eternal Sunfury
#3 Posted: 08:09:12 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Here comes...
Chapter 2

Large feet came pounding down on the Skylanders, jarring them with every footstep, “Who could’ve got into the crate Sam? We’ve been on a plane for two hours and its been sealed fast”

“But the evidence is there!” cried the one named Sam, “it’s as if someone small came in and cut them open with very tiny knives… he stopped and looked at the packaging, this one looks burnt, and the others are torn open as if with swords or knives, the last one was blasted by electricity or something, and of the missing Skylanders, we have a SMolderdash and an Ignitor which can both burn, and the Ignitor, the Stealth Elf and the Riptide have swords, and the Prism Break fires energy, I think the Skylanders came to life and escaped!”

There was a sigh and a shuddering laugh as Joe replied, “Sam! Sam, sam, sam! I don’t know where your head is these days, but Skylanders don’t just get up and walk! You should spend less time in the sun, less time playing Skylanders with your son, and less time working late, you’re imagining things that can’t be true, next you’ll be saying that ghosts exists and you’re an alien from Mars! Get a grip on yourself”

Stammering, the other one went away and the crate door closed behind them, shutting them in darkness. The six Skylanders began to come out from their hiding places when the crate was tipped over and loaded onto a truck, there were many potholes in the road and they weren’t able to free any more Skylanders, so they ended up huddling in a box until the truck stopped.

Large hands came into the crate and pulled out the individual boxes, as the three empty boxes were found, the workers conversed among themselves, muttering, the Skylanders were dumped at the back of a room and it was closed, the Skylanders came out and wound their way down to the floor, they stopped at the bottom and looked at the great room they were in. “Where are we?” NRG asked, Darvron looked around, everyone was silent until Blitz spoke, “A store, I’ve been in one before, but they returned me” there was sadness in her words.

They heard footsteps outside and ran under a shelf, a man had some weird contraption that had a giant red face on the side and some tail that proceeded to suck up dirt and dust from the ground. The tail neared them and they ran, keeping to the back wall under the shelf, seeking to stay away from the large thing that seemed to devour everything. They were running when they fell down a hole in the ground, they watched as the tail passed over the hole, ignoring them, they sighed collectively. Then they turned around, and saw a giant mouse behind them...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:05 23/09/2014 by Eternal Sunfury
#4 Posted: 08:15:26 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3

The mouse glared at them, its home intruded. It had large claws, each as sharp as a sword, and large teeth that could probably break through their bodies easily, they were trapped between two foes. The man with the mysterious contraption, and the mouse. Which was the lesser of two evils?

They were about to try their luck with the man and the mysterious contraption again, when a Quick Draw Rattle Shake appeared, shouting, “You FAT MOUSE!” the mouse scampered into a corner as the Rattle Shake looked at them, “Hey, I’m Sting, we saw you through the monitor and don’t register you as any threats, so you can come with us, the rat was a guard by the way, don’t worry about it”

He laughed and made his way down the tunnel, the group followed cautiously but eventually started bounding after Sting as he increased in speed, they came to a number of vehicles, there were some Boom Jet and Trigger Happy-style rockets, as well as some Undead Creatures like Fright, there were Gill Grunt and Jet-Vac edition jet-packs, Roller Brawl Skates, bikes like the one Fryno has and Sprocket-style tanks. Each got onto one and they sped up, going faster than they’d ever gone before, besides that plane they’d been on a few hours ago. Then there came a small gap and they sped over it, the came to a roundabout, and passed all the other exits and went back down the one they’d came through.

Atlantis asked Sting, “Um, Sting, why are we going back the way we came?” Sting grinned, and looked back at them from the Boom Jet-rocket he was riding, “We can’t have any random Skylander just coming in here, we have enemies, so we have our entrance very secret, watch!” They looked forward as a small opening was visible in the rock next to the passageway, the rock jutted into the passageway so it wouldn’t be seen unless someone coming down it fully turned around.

They slid to a stop, then dropped down, they continued falling until they landed in a pool of water, it wasn’t deep, so the non-water Skylanders were fine, they waded through until the came out onto white pavement and marble buildings. There was a keep at one side, where the Reagent Lord would stay and accommodation all around. A Stump Smash was there, named Axe, which was slightly ironic, but they didn’t comment, he took them up to the Keep where he told them the Reagent Lord would await them. As he left he told them, “If you need anything, I’ll either be in my home across town or in the Barracks”

Sting had to go as well, he told them, “Same with me, anyone who needs me can always approach me in the Watchtower, and even if they don’t need me, I’m always up for some pleasant conversation, it can get quite lonely up there,” he waved farewell and left, the six were alone now, waiting for the Reagent Lord, and wondering who and what it would be.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:26 23/09/2014 by Eternal Sunfury
#5 Posted: 20:28:17 24/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4

After a while, the Reagent Lord came out of his study, it was a Swarm, wearing Golden Plated Armour and a Silver Helm, he hovered a few centimetres above ground. He announced himself as Striker, on his right side was a Magna Charge named Overload and a Legendary Free Ranger named Hawk.

Striker motioned for them to sit down and they did, placing themselves on the embossed seats while Striker told them about the city they were in, the Hidden City, set aside from humans and evil alike. the Reagent Lord was the head of the city but he did not have complete control, as it was ruled by a Council, who were elected by the public. the current Council was made up by Striker, Hawk and Overload. The system was not infallible, as sometimes tyrants came to power by sending out tendrils of their dark influence, but generally, the people were represented well.

Striker then said to a Chop-chop, “Bring me Sting” the sentry went away and came back with Sting. The Rattle Shake stood to attention and said, “Yes, Lord Striker?”
“Show these travelers to their accommodation and get Axe to give them a tour of the town, make sure you show them the Library”

Sting nodded his head quickly and the Council retreated to their chamber while Sting led the rest out of the keep, they went down the steps and into the accommodated area of town, made of wood, unlike the stone of the Keep, the Watchtower, and a number of other buildings that surrounded the centre. They came to a street where only three other houses were occupied, by an Eruptor, a Jet-Vac and a Drill Sergeant. They were named Magma, Vortex & Drix. The six deposited their stuff into two of the houses, mainly weapons, for they had no real belongings other than those that came in their packs.

Then they met up with Axe, who took them around the City. They went back up towards the Keep and into the Watchtower, where Sting worked, inside were many screens showing images of different places along the entry route, then they continued round to the market Square, which was on the other side of the Keep to the houses, and from the square, there was the Library on the right and the Barracks and Laboratory to the front. They went into the Barracks, which was where Axe worked, and had a brief glimpse at a group of Dino-rangs practicing with their boomerangs then looked at the laboratory, Inside, there were different rooms for loads of different magical and scientific experiments, they saw a Voodood with what looked like Ninjini’s bottle on his back.

“That’s Doctor Nye” informed Axe quietly, “As well as being one of our best healers and scientists, he helps create Super soldiers for the army, he’s the one who discovered the Empowerment Chains, he wrote a book with each chain displayed in awesome detail of illustration, he keeps trying to find more chains to this day.”

Nye managed to push the door open and within Aquan thought he saw a glimpse of a Fire Kraken with a Whirlwind Horn & Scratch’s wings.

After leaving the laboratory, Axe took them over to the Library where they were met by a Trap Shadow named Dusk, a Star Strike appeared next to them and led them through, they stopped by a book titled ‘The Empowerment Chain’ written by Nye. The group looked through it eagerly, excited to know if they could empower their forms into something greater. Darvron, NRG and Atlantis were overjoyed, as they could eventually become a Blast Zone, Crusher and Thumpback. Arya and Aquan were similarly excited, as they could become stronger, more powerful versions of themselves, yet Blitz was disappointed, only a question mark remained next to the Smolderdash picture, and she sighed sadly.
---
#6 Posted: 21:20:32 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5

The group of six went with Axe to their accommodation, they sat in the middle of the room and discussed how they could go about empowering themselves, Blitz stayed silent through the whole conversation. At one point, NRG and Darvron stood up and started acting out a plan on how they’d become a Blast Zone and a Crusher, they told tales of long quests and a long trek up a large mountain where they slew a great Hydra and used its essence to empower themselves.

It was at this time that Blitz left, she covered her flames in a long dark purple cowl and left the room. In the back garden, she wrapped herself in flame and then launched into the ‘sky’ as a giant sun, she left the Hidden City and wandered the store, hidden by her purple cowl.

She came to a toy set made of realistic-looking fake wood. It was a haunted house. Toy ghosts flitted around the parapets and inside the pieces of armor moved and pretend vampires stalked the dark corridors.

Disgraceful.

She blasted it all away, hanging small suns around to produce light and taking away all the ghosts and vampires. Then she went right into the centre of the building and sat in the large black throne, it had a skull on it. Suddenly, she saw a trickle of water seeping under one of the doors, she flung it open and looked over in shock as Aquan leapt back. “Aquan? What are you doing here?”

“I came for you Blitz, I saw you leaving, and followed. I’m not going to make you go back, don’t worry about that, I understand why you left. They were all talking about empwerment and you know you can’t, but that’s not strictly true, we know that it isn’t written in the book, but it could exist…”

Blitz looked up, a fierce light burning in her eyes, “What do you mean?”
“Ha! Didn’t you read the notice, he writes ‘I’m not going to list all the empowerments as some are dangerous’ you don’t know which ones he could’ve left out, and also, Axe told us that he is still looking for more, meaning he could not know about yours.” He paused for a second, then added, “I hope you don’t mind if I stay here do you?” Blitz laughed and shook her head, “Of course I don’t, you’re my friend, Aquan,”

She went to sit on her throne, and they talked, Aquan sitting in the low-backed chair across from her. The suits of armor around the room rattled when they moved in the breeze and the curtains swayed. It was getting quite late, and Blitz extinguished all of the suns, and it was then that a chill wind seeped through the building, gone as quickly as it had come, and making their eyes water.

Aquan recovered faster than Blitz, and noticed one of the armors was missing. It had been tall and blue, with gold lining, a blue shield with a white spike in the middle and a large, silver metallic sword. It was not on its stall. He heard a sound, a low sigh coming from up, and saw the armor there, hanging from a pole, it leapt off.

“Blitz! Above you!” he yelled out, she flung up a sun just as she dived out of the way. The armor landed in front of the throne, denting the ground and sticking its sword in the footrest. The stark white night made it look like a skull, and then Aquan realised, it was a skull.

A deep, cavernous voice came from the armor, “I am Lord Malvolent and I own this mansion.” Aquan could see now that there were bones between the armour, and a vicious red light was coming from the eye sockets that hadn’t been there before. It was a chop-chop.

“Why are you here? For years, I have lived here, having been exiled by the tyrant Striker from his city, and as soon as I left, they changed the entrance. It used to be right in this section of the shop, and it opened up in the town square, but they’ve changed it, because Striker doesn’t want the rightful leader of the City to rule.”

Aquan and Blitz looked at him, “He’s not the rightful leader?” Malvolent snorted and said, “No! My father, Volt, was the King of the City, he ruled it for 50 years, until his Reagent Commander died, he promoted Striker to that position, and shortly afterwards, the King fell to a dire illness. I went to a witch to try and get a cure, but I ended up doing things I didn’t want to do in her name, so she cursed me, to rise again after my death, in this cursed form.”

He paused for breath, then continued, “Yet that curse proved to be a blessing, as when my father died, I was assassinated by Hawk, his right-hand man. They buried me in the Barrows, where they left my body to rot. Striker brought the City together in its time of crisis. He became its leader and ruled, but the witch’s curse acted on me, bringing me back as this, and I marched right into the Keep, and told Striker who I was and that his attempt o kill me had failed. I wish I could’ve captured the look on his face when I said that. Yet he did not relinquish the duel, he instead brought the matter to trial, where the people voted to have a government. It was created, supposedly done by voting, yet I knew better. The three candidates were Striker, myself, and Axe. I know for a fact that most of the town voted Axe, they all knew him, and he was kind to each and every one of them, Striker was mean, and I was frightening, but Overload was the Counter of the Votes, and he changed it so that Striker won, making him the Reagent Lord. The day after, I was exiled for a crime I didn’t commit, attempted murder of the Reagent Lord, and I’ve been here ever since.”

“Yet I have not been idle, in my time here, I have been building up an army, and building a machine, Doctor Nye has been secretly helping me. I would send him a few of my troops, and he’d make a super-soldier out of them and send them back to me, very useful. And the machine I’ve been making, has the greatest purpose, I call it, the Incarnate Machine! Why? Because it is able to empower you to another level of empowerment, if you power it with the right objects. It is almost complete, and when it is, I shall become a Krypt King, and with my army, I shall march into the city and reclaim control!”
---
#7 Posted: 14:06:34 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6

It was almost midnight when Darvron noticed the missing Skylanders. At first he thought that he’d only gone up to bed, so had Atlantis. But after he went up, leaving NRG and Arya alone downstairs and found only one room occupied. Where were Aquan and Blitz???

He ran outside, no sight of them, he went back inside, woke up Atlantis and called out NRG and Arya. They went to the Watchtower, which still had its lights on even though it was late. Sting was inside. "Blitz and Aquan have dissapeared! We need you to check the maintenance portals to find out where they've gone!" Darvron was talking so fast that Sting had to shoot his leg to get him to slow down, then he said, "Calm down, they've probably just gone to the library or something, I'll check the portals.

He moved over to a series of portals and looked into them, different colored lights swirled around them, then they all went blank. Sting turned around and gave them a straight face. "According to the portals, Blitz left about three hours ago, we can tell from this footage..." he showed them a massive sun forming in the accommodation area then blasting off into the sky. "Aquan left about an hour later, going through the hole that Blitz made and going through it with his water-pack. I can't leave the Watchtower until my shift comes in the morning but I recommend you go to Doctor Nye, he was allied with the King, and helped him escape the city. He knows the store well, I recommend you go and see him."

They left and went to the laboratory. They opened the door, and saw a deep flickering green light under the door, they knocked and a grinning Short Cut opened it, "Umm... where's Doctor Nye?" The Short Cut grinned, "I AM Doctor Nye!!!!!" They looked on in shock, "You empowered yourself?" "Yes!" Grinned Doctor Nye, "Anyway, what is it you wish?" His expression soured as he listened, then he nodded, "Yes, what Sting said was true, I was allied to Lord Malvolent back when he was still called King. Yes, I have an idea about where they would've gone, and I fear that they may be in danger if they went where I think they've gone. Come, we must go quickly."

Nye picked up these huge scissors, strapped them to his back, and ran out into the city. They followed the hole made in the city by Blitz, "He may have finished the machine and gained the components by now, and if he has, he will have changed, meaning he would kill anyone who dared enter. We must hope he has not changed yet." he talked as they ran.

They came to a dark castle-like structure. "You think that they'll be in there?" Arya asked, "Yes..." he replied solemnly. They continued into the building and then stopped as a dark figure wrapped in a purple cloak. "Why have you entered my hall?" They stopped, the voice was familiar. The figure took out a golden scepter and then used it to whip back its cloak. It was Blitz. She laughed and led them into the main room, a dark figure strode over the ground, a huge metallic-glass sword in its hand. Doctor Nye instantly fell to his knees and bowed, Aquan was there on the figures left and Blitz stood at his right. Darvron recognized the figure as a Krypt King. "Nye. Your new form suits your essence well, and thank you for the blueprints to the machine, I have now changed, all thanks to you, and my two visitors. The one on my right had a Jade Crystal, and the one on my left had a Mote of Water, the last two ingredients that I'd needed for my transformation. I owe them this... and now... Lord malvolent shall return to the city, and reclaim my right to rule."
---
#8 Posted: 21:15:12 29/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7

Lord Malvolent strode down the path that Blitz had made in her escape, they came into the city with Doctor Nye lugging the massive machine that he had invented for Malvolent.They set it up in a small abandoned hut at the edge of the city, and put dark drapes over the windows. Then they went to the street where the six lived and quietly knocked on all the doors. Vortex, Drix, & Magma came out. They would only take people they knew as other people could be spies and agents for Reagent Lord Striker. They awoke Axe and Sting as well, then took them all to the hut while Nye went to his lab to collect his Book and some artifacts. He arrived shortly afterwards at the hut and opened up his book.

He called out Axe, Magma and Vortex and they all stepped forward. Nye took out a leaf and a gnarly piece of bark, a black volcanic rock and a golden feather from his bag. No one knew where he had acquired these. First, Axe stepped into the machine, and Nye deposited; the bark and the leaf. A golden light filled the room and then Ax stepped out, but know he was a Gnarly Tree Rex, and he laughed, “My power has grown!”

Then Magma stepped in as Nye placed the black volcanic rock into the machine. A volcanic lava barf eruption named Magma stepped out, grinning. Lastly it was Vortex’s turn, who stepped in a Jet-Vac, and came out a legendary free ranger. In his excitement, he whipped up a storm, knocking over Doctor Nye’s bag. A troll bomb and piece of granite fell out. Arya rushed over and picked them up, then said, “Put these in the machine, Doctor!”

Nye placed the bomb in and stood there looking confused, she said,” NRG! Get in!” NRG hopped in, and watched in awe as his armour came together into metal plating and covered his whole body, the fire inside him grew stronger, he’d become a Blast Zone.

Nye then put in the granite, already expecting what would happen, Darvron got inside and stepped out a granite crusher. “Good, good!” Now we have a very good chance against the reagent lord” said Nye.
---
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#9 Posted: 16:43:55 08/11/2014
Nice!
#10 Posted: 16:48:35 08/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, next chapter coming soon smilie
---
#11 Posted: 19:01:06 15/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 8

It was the middle of the night when the reagent lord heard something. He clicked a switch on his wall and blew into a small air horn. Nothing seemed to happen, no lights or sound appeared and nothing moved, until about a minute later, Overload and Hawk appeared in his doorframe. “Yes, master?” said Overload. “We have intruders,” said Striker, “Bring me Sting”.

Overload left and Hawk stayed to guard the door, as they had trained for in the case of intruders. A few seconds later, Overload arrived at the gates, he looked around, no one to be seen. He was about to go back inside, but Doctor Nye was standing behind him with a Power-disc. He pressed it to Overload’s back. The Magna Charge shut down and a glowing hologram interface appeared.

Lord malvolent moved to the interface and scowled, “Striker was so malicious that he wired this guy up to serve him, he violated his free will, he’s just as bad as Kaos in my opinion.” With a few deft flicks of his wrist, he deactivated the code that was trapping his personality and freed him from his virtual cage. He flickered back on and immediately shot out an energy bolt at Lord Malvolent, “I won’t let you do this to me!”, he shouted, until he realised it was Malvolent standing there and not Striker.

“What happened? Is Striker dead? How come I’m free, did you kill him?” said Overload, but Arya spoke out,
“No, sorry, we didn’t, but we’re going to now, that’s how we were able to free you, he sent you to silence the intrud---”
“I know that,” interrupted Overload, “But how did you free me, the last thing I remember is seeing that guy behind me” he said pointing at Nye.
“I placed a Power-disc on you which short-circuited you and then Malvolent hacked into your mainframe and disabled Striker’s Code.” replied Nye.

“Well then, I thank you.” he said “Now, about your plan to kill him?
“Oh, it all pivots around you, you bring in NRG, Vortex and Magma and tell them that you defeated them in battle, Hawk brings them to the Jail and while he’s doing that, we launch an attack on the Reagent Lord in the tight corridor where Hawk can’t come and assist him fast enough.”

“Hmm, seems sound, I like it,” said Overload, and he took Magma, NRG and Vortex with him and made his way back into the Fortress. The others tailed him silently until they got to where Hawk and the Reagent Lord were waiting. He pushed them on to the floor and then spoke, “I have retrieved the intruders.”

Striker knelt down and looked them over, “Pitiful, what did they think they could achieve, just the three of them, launching an assault on ME! Bah, they should’ve known they’d fail. Hawk take them to the Jail.” Hawk picked up the bodies and carried them into the darkness. As soon as he was out of earshot the others came at Striker and knocked him to the ground, he didn’t even have time to make a sound. Darvron was about to turn Striker to stone with his Cavelight Beam when a large static charge smashed into him, making him explode. NRG’s bombs came flying down the corridor, making a flash which revealed Hawk, with Overload trapped in a deathlock.

“Did you think I wouldn’t hear the fact that there was no battle, I know you’re good at what you do Overload, but I found it hard to believe that you’d taken three out with just one bullet, I’ve never heard of you doing a triple collateral before. And, even if you ah, you would’ve been screaming your head off shouting, ‘Oh baby a triple!’ so loud that the whole town would wake up. Why did you betray us overload, and maybe a better question, how? Lord Striker installed a code that would insure that you never did this sort of thing.” He looked up at the others standing there, “Which one of you is our little hacker? Hmm? I don’t know half of your names, ha, and by tomorrow, no one will remember them, you do realize that the consequence of an insurgent is that all participants are executed? But i might spare the hacker, skills like that are almost irreplaceable…”

“It was me…” said Malvolent, stepping forward, “And you are?...” asked Hawk,
“My name is Jeff! Actually, no it isn’t, I have many names, but you’ll remember me as Lord Malvolent… I’ve had an upgrade, I’m not a chop-chop anymore.”

“Ha! Malvolent! Tried to get your throne back have you? And you got yourself empowered, I wonder how, Nye will be pleased to find whatever machine you did that with. Oh, I take back what I said before, you’re definitely getting killed, merely being exiled doesn’t seem good enough for you does it? nd you tried it with such a pitiful group of friends, where’d you find them, did they scuttle into your exile begging for food? I mean, I already killed the biggest of you! WEAK! What do you want? A congratulatory muffin basket? Not happening!”

“Actually, you’ll find that I’m not dead, and my hammer daddy would like to have a talk with you.” said Darvron from behind him. Hawk turned around just as the hammer reached his head, smashing his beak open and throwing him back. “You’ll never defeat the Reagent Lord! He is the rightful leader of this town, you shall not destroy what he has worked so hard to achieve!” cried Hawk, clutching his beak and holding it together, then with an infernal scream he created a roaring tornado that filled the entire room, his voice sounded, “That blow from your accursed hammer is killing me and even if I don’t die, I’ll be unconscious long enough for you to kill Striker, and I don’t want to live in a world ruled by Malvolent the Betrayer! I would rather die, so if I can’t have a world ruled by Striker, then no one will get a world ruled by you!”

As this happened, the tornado came to a ferocious intensity and began swinging everyone around the room, they would all die if he wasn’t stopped soon. Yet Vortex shouted out, “Guys, everyone get close to me.” They pushed against the winds as Vortex’s winds came and pulled them towards him, around him was an odd calm, but he was straining to keep it that way, “Magma, Blitz, make a hole in the roof that we can escape through, quickly!! They both threw fire and magma at the roof and then they used the power of Hawk’s tornado to push them up through it and then Crusher bunched up into a ball, grabbed them all and then smashed his hammer on the ground as they were about to hit it. The force of the hammer blow pushed them upwards a little bit and then they hit the ground, less hard than they otherwise would have.

Behind them, the tornado ripped out of the building and Striker’s unconscious body went flying towards them, “I haven’t finished with you!” cried out Hawk, and then everything broke into chaos.
---
#12 Posted: 18:02:49 23/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 9

By now the town had woken up, sounds of an extended battle followed by a roaring tornado could never be anything good and they automatically saw the roaring tornado as the enemy. Also, the unconscious Striker and Overload standing amongst the ranks of those facing the tornado made it seem like it was the one attacking the city.

They all banded together behind them as the tornado settled and Hawk descended to the ground. Yet it wasn’t Hawk, or at least, not the same Hawk, before he’d been a Free Ranger, but now he was a pure essence of the wind and storm. There was no body there, not a speck of flesh, just the crashing storm in the shape of his previous form. With glowing red eyes.

“You are all fools! You think that you could go up against me! I am the strongest of you all, long have you all underestimated me! Just because lord Striker was a Giant and the Head of State, you thought he was the real deal, the biggest, the best, but no! It was me who was the strongest! Those fools may have subdued the Reagent Lord, but I defend him to my last breath, and I shall not let YOU! Malvolent! Become the ruler of the Hidden City”

And with that, Hawk grew and became stronger. His storm-body swelled, becoming great and large until it enveloped the whole town. Everyone was frightened, and they all felt a great dread descend upon them, as if Death itself had its hand on their shoulder.

“No! You are the one who is a fool!” said a voice from behind the group, it was an Enigma, with him were a Thunderbolt and a Lightning Rod. “I am Nimrod and my friends here are Zeus the Lightning Rod and lastly, Thunderbolt Ross. We’ve been following the steps of our friend Malvolent for a very long time, something to do with his father being the King all those years back. And we’ve been working on something very special that we intended to use on Striker, but since he’s already been subdued, we’ll use it on you.”

Zeus shattered the cloud that had been hovering a few feet behind him, and out fell a great trap. It was laden with the signs of the eight elements, plus Light and Dark, and swirled with all 10 different colours, at the top was a clawed hand which held an unholy skull that flowed with untold power. Malvolent took one look at the Trap and almost fainted, “That skull, I’ve seen it many times before, in real life, and in my nightmares, ever since the day that I slew that witch, the one who tricked me into making me believe that she’d help my father after I did her accursed tasks.”

“Yes, you’re right, it is the same skull, the same one that she cursed you with, and the same one that in the end proved to be her own downfall when you used it to drain everything from her, leaving a blackened corpse. Sadly, some long-forgotten curse that she’d implanted in herself brought her back, yet not before we retrieved the Skull of the Beast.”

Nimrod then walked forward and implanted the Trap into the ground. Ross came and stood next to him, they beckoned Nye and Malvolent to stand by them as well, then the four Trap Masters placed a hand on the Trap while Zeus went into his avatar-form and cast down his power onto them, they all glowed white and then a great black hole appeared which summoned forth an ethereal creature, it reared up out of the trap and grasped Hawk out of the sky, then it collapsed back into the trap, and it fell to the ground. “You can not contain me!” roared Hawk, but despite his words, he couldn’t escape from the Trap.

They went to the middle of the town square, stabbed in the Trap and tied Striker to it. “Here begins the Trial of Striker, ex-reagent lord, for the crimes he committed against us, some you may no, others you may not, but they are there, and he shall face his comeuppance for them”.
---
#13 Posted: 15:59:43 24/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10

The townspeople stood around the large trap that Striker lay tied to. Malvolent produced a verdant scroll with a flourish and proceeded to read out his crimes,
  • He had poisoned the King, causing his death.
  • He assassinated me after the King had died so that he could rise to power.
  • He hacked into Overload’s mainframe creating a code that bound his personality.
  • He framed me for a crime I never committed when I returned to life and challenged him.
  • When we had the vote for the Reagent Lord, he programmed Overload to miscount the results, making him Reagent Lord when it would’ve been Axe.
  • He exiled me for no reason.
  • And he was cruel to this town, charging you for taxes you couldn’t afford and making strict rules that no-one could possibly follow. For example, rules 84 and 87!
  • And because of rules 34 to 36, he has contaminated the minds of the young.

“So, I ask of you. What is to be his verdict, and how do we move on from there?”

Malvolent stepped down and the townspeople began talking. Some cried for evidence, which was given, yet some couldn’t be proven, and made them suspicious. Others accepted wholeheartedly what malvolent was saying but some of those didn’t want to believe, and these were the ruthless businessmen who had benefited from Striker’s rule.

Eventually, they came up with three options to vote on. Execution, exile or Imprisonment. In the voting, most people voted for exile as they felt execution too harsh and imprisonment too little. So Striker was sent away, and those who, like hawk had been, were loyal to Striker would go with him.

“Now, we must move on from here! We must elect a new council of three, I volunteer myself as candidate” said malvolent, “As do I” said Axe, as well as Nimrod, Ross, Overload, Randy the Fryno and Drix. Eventually, the vote ended with Axe on top, then Overload and then Malvolent.

The new council stood and Arya took the Reagent Crown from Striker and placed it on Axe. Overload kept his Council Band, NRG took Striker’s and presented it to Axe, yet Hawk’s had either been lost or vaporised, so Axe gave his to Malvolent.

Then they all joined hands and a bright light flashed out, then it settled and the townspeople cheered and said, “You brought us peace! You took away the corruption from the council seats!”

And the council was chosen.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:32:54 13/01/2015 by Eternal Sunfury
#14 Posted: 07:34:54 31/12/2014 | Topic Creator
From now on, I'm going to add taglines to my chapters.
---
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#15 Posted: 16:12:02 31/12/2014
Cool. your story is good. Some things need a bit of explaining, for example, how did Hawk 'empower' himself into that unknown creature smilie Haha. Also, I think that the scene where Nye just pulled all these things out of his bag and empowered them all was a bit much, maybe one or two could've realistically got empowered, but 7 out of the whole group is too much ratio wise. In a thing like this, when there is a group and something 'special' happens that gives them new abilities, it should always be that the ones who the 'special' thing happened to are of less than the ones who aren't. For example;

"15 men walk into a bar and the man has a special potion, he says that it will give them super strength, so he gives it to six of them, as that's the only amount he had. Six drank and became super strong"

This is good because then the ratio is 6:9 which means that less people had the empowerment, however, in yours the ratio is 7:6. That means that 7 out of 13 people got empowered. That's more than half. It should be around 2/5 or 40% or less when something like this happens. Just a point.

Anyway, enough negativity, you have a good story with a full plot that you seem to have well thought out. It has good literature and not many grammar or spelling mistakes. If you haven't already, you should read this guide. But it seems like you might already know some of it.

But anyway, continue! It's good. I'd like to know more. Oh and you should probably look at Shelves by Uttster13 you probably don't need the link, since it has a sticky, and Fryno Forever's IRL Skylanders Story.

Hope you continue this. smilie You better or might become an 'unknown creature' smilie

Sorry, I just found that funny.
#16 Posted: 18:47:29 13/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 11 - The One who stayed behind

Guards left with Striker and his followers, who were leaving the Hidden City, never to return. yet not all of Striker’s followers left. One remained behind, a wizened old Bumble Blast, who had been friends with Striker since they’d began training at the Skylander’s Academy.

His name was Jeffrey Banks, and he was in charge of the Food Supply. Over the following months, he sowed dissent among the ranks against the new council, as well as secretly delivering food and other contraband items to Striker’s Troop.

--

It was the 1-year anniversary of the New Council, and Axe and Overload were doing a lights display, then afterwards Lord Malvolent stepped up and presented a Golden Traptanium Statue that was erected in the town square of Axe, with Malvolent and Overload on either side, and then around their feet were all who had helped overthrow Striker, like Darvron, NRG, Vortex, Arya and the others. Little did anyone know that inside it was the Trap that still contained Hawk, only the Central and Inner Circle of the Council knew. The Central Circle was what most just called the Council, Malvolent, Axe and Overload. Then the Inner Circle were their advisors. NRG, Nye, Sting, Arya and Banks. Each was in charge of something, NRG of the Army, Nye of the health service, Sting of Security, Arya of the Economy and Banks of the food supply. They kept track of everything and kept it running and then went to the central Circle with ideas to change or remove certain things and with monthly reports on the state of things. Each different point of the circle had its own section with many people in it focusing on different aspects of the subject. And that was the Outer Circle, and the Three Circles made up the Council.

So that was why, two weeks later when Striker attacked, he knew where hawk was imprisoned.
---
14056 Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#17 Posted: 00:16:55 14/03/2015
Nice stories, but a bit short. Copy and paste it onto Microsoft Word, change the size to 9, and then see how big your story is. It should be at least 5/6 of the page.
#18 Posted: 05:05:56 14/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks, and I'll try that. I agree some of the chapters are a bit short.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me