Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > SPYRO: TWISTED DARKNESS [Chapter 14 is OUT, GUYZ!!11!]
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
SPYRO: TWISTED DARKNESS [Chapter 14 is OUT, GUYZ!!11!] [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 15:17:55 13/04/2014 | Topic Creator
This is a classic Spyro story that takes place 5 years after the Calamity, an event in which a second dimension almost drained all life from Spyro's friends, who were somehow sucked into the dimension. Spyro had to take all of his friends out of the second dimension, called the Shadow Realm, before they became so sick that he couldn't help them.

But, like I said, this is five years after that event, so let me get you in on that part of the story: new enemies come by that are so strong, that Spyro and his friends needed to flee their home kingdom, the Dragon Realms, entirely. Spyro's now faced to do numerous tasks, many of which he doesn't like, only to free another dragon race from tyranny and despair.

I'm still trying to figure out how to involve Skylanders (Flynn, Zap, Wreckimg Ball). Even though I STILL don't have a clear idea on what any Skylander does, I'll try something.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

-----[[[[[[[BETTER VIEWED ON DEVIANTART]]]]]]-----

PROLOGUE: The Dream
CHAPTER 1: Inside the Dojo
CHAPTER 2: Night Watch
CHAPTER 3: The Dark Escape
CHAPTER 4: The Shipment
CHAPTER 5: Rebursts of Flame (Bigger TLoS reference.)
CHAPTER 6: After the Nightmare (Even BIGGER TLoS reference.)
Click here for the plot summary for the prologue and chapters 1-6.
CHAPTER 7: Sparks
CHAPTER 8: Klontrill
CHAPTER 9: To the Southwest Gate
CHAPTER 10: The Underground
CHAPTER 11: Return to the Light
CHAPTER 12: An Old Folklore
Summary of chapters 7-12.
CHAPTER 13: Rasheed
CHAPTER 14: Returning to Klontrill
Edited 38 times - Last edited at 03:39:44 12/08/2014 by LocoGuy107
#2 Posted: 15:20:39 13/04/2014 | Topic Creator
PROLOGUE: THE DREAM

A small purple dragon is sleeping like a dog who passed out from playing around with a ball, often a dog's favorite toy. The purple dragon had a favorite toy: a stone that he wears as an amulet. The stone has a red dragon and a blue dragon on it, in which the dragons are on separate halves of the stone but seem to attack each other in a spiral.
The purple dragon got the stone when the world was threatened by an alternate dimension of darkness, and the stone allowed the purple dragon to morph in between his normal world and the dark world. He stopped the threat with the aid of the stone, but doesn't realize what is to come.
He then wakes up, finding that he was sleeping on top of a rock that is at the crest of a narrow forest glade. In front of him, he finds a cave, and behind him, he finds the woodlands of a temperate forest.
"What..." Before he woke up, he was peacefully dwelling on a bed inside of a small room of a condominium. Now, for some reason, he was in a forest. The dragon looks into the deep, dense parts of the woodlands, curious as to how he got in the forest in the first place. He was wondering what was in the forest...
"You alright, Spyro?" There was a cheetah who came from the opposite view direction. The cheetah is wearing a quiver on his back, and in his left hand, the cheetah holds a bow, but the hand isn't normal for a cheetah. Instead of the cheetah's hand being that of most other felines, with strands of fur sprouting out of paw-like palms and stuff, the hand is scaly and rough. The dragon, now identified as Spyro, looks at the hand.
"Dude, what happened to your hand?" Spyro asked.
"I don't know, one moment, I was just minding my own business in that cave, and then I suddenly got the power to change into--" the cheetah transmogrifies to resemble a sheep "--whatever other animal I want!"
Spyro snickers, and then says, "Oh, damn, boy!"
"I know, right? I mean, besides sheep, I can turn into a goat, a horse, and even a DONKEY!" The cheetah had changed his form to match the animals he'd been mentioning.
Spyro cackles again. "Oh my freakin -- this is just..." And again with the laughing.
"Hey, but listen..." the donkey says, then changing back to his original form. He then looks and points to the large arc of rocks. "You see that cave there?"
"Yeah, Hunter, what about it?" Spyro replied, looking at Hunter's, the cheetah's, left hand again, dumbfounded to see that it's still scaled and bigger than his other hand.
"I was practicing my bow skills in one part of that cave," Hunter started, "trying to hit a target I hung below this rock that kind of juts down like an icicle, but then I ended up missing one shot, and --"
"Really? I thought you were good with arrows!"
"Well, I gotta miss every now and then, don't I? Anyway, my arrow went flying all the way to this one place down below a ledge, and when I went there, I was like, 'Holy sh --' You gotta come with me, it's just crazy to see this thing, man. You wouldn't believe me if I just said it."
Hunter then gets up and starts walking into the cave, and Spyro follows. When Spyro approaches the entrance of the cave, he looks down to his stone, curious as to know what lies in the accommodation of hard earth.
The cave itself, however, was mucky, but much more gloomy. Spyro would always complain about living inside a cave, because even though he's brave enough to handle whatever dangers come his way, he can never find peace in such a place that is full of spookiness; there was always something about caves that he feared.
"Your Shadowstone still good?" Hunter asks.
"It's always been good. Why?"
"I think we might need it for the thing that comes up. That arrow I shot, the one that got the bad shot, landed right by this purple crystal wall, and your stone lets you go through those things in the Shadow Realm, so I figured -- OH SH --"
Suddenly, a large, metal bug comes out of nowhere and knocks Spyro five yards behind him, while Hunter is knocked the same distance, but to the side. When the bug tries to attack Spyro again, Spyro is suddenly saved by an armored green ogre. The ogre batted the bug by using his staff, in which the staff has a crystal ball at one end. Spyro doesn't see his cheetah friend, meaning...
"What the -- YOU CAN TURN INTO GNASTY GNORC!?!?" Spyro said.
"Yeah, so?" Hunter says, morphing back to his almost-original cheetah body.
Spyro looks at Hunter in dismay, looks at the floor, then gets up, saying, "Forget it. Just show me where the arrow went."
"Well, the target's right there," Hunter is pointing to a circle wooden block that's hanging from an "icicle" of a rock, "so the arrow should be close. Come on, I'll show you the ledge it fell down from." They continue walking until they reach the steep ledge that Hunter was talking about. The drop? Seemingly about 20 feet.
Spyro and Hunter look at the arrow that was at the bottom of the cave cliff. They then look at each other.
"How did you even get down there? The wall's uneven, and I'm sure you can't even get a grip on these -- " Spyro sees an extra body feature sprouting out of Hunter's back, "oh, so you can grow wings, too. Okay..."
They both descend to the arrow. Spyro can now see the purple crystal wall. Hunter picks up the arrow, and then he brings a request, "Okay Spyro, do your thing."
Spyro the dragon then touches Hunter with his front right paw, so they can both morph into the Shadow Realm. Once they do, the cave looks darker than it did before; there is also more of a purple speculation in the cave. The duo then walks through the wall, which was originally impenetrable and incapable of having anyone walk through it. They continue walking.
"You know, I'm kind of wondering how you don't have Sparx with you this time," Hunter said, "I mean, he's your little buddy, isn't he? I know he can be a bit annoying from time to time, but where did that little firefly go while you were sleep -- "
"Wait a minute..." Spyro walks closer to a large, orange crystal. The crystal isn't an obstacle, which was a relief, but it still has something that catches Spyro's attention: inside the crystal, which was surrounded by a large, open space, was another purple dragon.
"Well there's something you don't see every day," Hunter says.
"Yeah..."
Spyro looks through the large crystal. Another purple dragon? I thought I was the only other one. The only other purple dragon Spyro knew was the Sorcerer, the very enemy who made the Shadow Realm befall on the world. Spyro didn't know that there'd be another purple dragon, because he has heard that purple is a rare color within dragons.
Spyro gets closer to the crystal until he gets so close to the crystal that his snout is just an inch from touching it. He then holds his Shadowstone with his front left paw and looks down on it, wondering...
Maybe I should free him... he thinks, and then does by simply placing the same paw on the crystal. The crystal initiates a speculation, but then the ground starts to shake. Spyro couldn't stand still, as the crystal brightens with an intensifying light each second, and the earthquake slowly transitions to a violent crumble.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:57:15 30/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
#3 Posted: 14:33:42 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh, god! Hunter! We gotta get outta -- OH --" when Spyro looked at Hunter to warn him, Hunter had transmogrified to resemble the Sorcerer. Before Spyro was about to say anything else, Hunter, now the Sorcerer, had chained Spyro to the ground with a magic spell.
"Have a pleasant time with your last moments," the Sorcerer says, cutting the string that holds Spyro's Shadowstone so he can safely leave the chamber.
"Hunter, wait! HEY!! GET BACK HERE!!!!"
It was too late. The Sorcerer had left a small purple fog as he morphed back into the normal world. All that was left for Spyro to do was to wait for his fate: suffer the flames of an impending explosion. In fact, when Spyro had looked at the trapped dragon again, Spyro saw that the other purple dragon was starting to glow as well. It made Spyro feel anxious; he felt hopeless; he felt helpless. Since Spyro's tied in the magical chain, which consists of branches of harmless green volts of electricity, Spyro had a bigger reason to think that there could be no one to help him. His magic cannot even counteract the spell, since an attempt to release himself would only make the chain have a shorter tether.
Spyro looks at he trapped dragon once again. The dragon opens his eyes, which glow an ever-blinding white. Suddenly, the event that Spyro had been fearing occurred: an explosion bursted with smoldering flames, impassively trying to burn Spyro alive. Spyro, boldly taking the initiative, wouldn't let that happen. Using a magical shield emitted from one of his wings, Spyro tried to prevent any of the flames from scorching his body, but the fire proved to be too strong for his powers. Slowly, the shield disintegrated, eventually getting to the point that it became so weak that Spyro was pulsated with overbearing pain for having used so much of his powers without extra resources. The blaze then made contact; Spyro was doomed.
Or so he thought. Spyro awoke, safe and sound, on his bed. Sparx, his dragonfly companion, was sleeping on a cotton ball bed on top of a dresser, which was in the same room as the bed was. However, even though there was clearly no real danger, Spyro's body still had a searing sensation.
"Holy ****. I can't believe that just..."

-----------
[NOTE: If this becomes a video game, every single piece of content mentioned will be in the game, but the thoughts will not be mentioned, as they wouldn't fit the flow of the storyline. The events described in the last two paragraphs will also be non-existent.]

CHAPTER 1: Inside the Dojo

"I swear, Hunter was changing into all kinds of different things."
Spyro is now discussing the dream that he had to his friends, who are in the 10th floor of a commercial building; in there, there is a dragon dojo, where dragons come to practice the art of dragon kata. At this time, the sky is a gleaming blue, without a cloud to be seen.
And the friends? Hunter, a cheetah with golden fur and no scaly hands, Bianca, a rabbit with a scarlet robe and an even brighter golden fur, Flame, a red who has the same size Spyro has, Sparx, Spyro's dragonfly companion, and Ember, a pink dragon with tattoos around her eyes, in which the tattoos extend to the sides of her body.
Spyro continues on his story, "First, he turned into a sheep, then into a penguin, and then he turned into a DONKEY. I was wondering, 'What the freak is going on?' but then I decided it wasn't even worth it. He kept changing and changing until he led me to this one place with a big orange crystal."
"What was in it?" Flame asked.
"It was another purple dragon."
Everyone is silent, awestruck. They had never thought another purple dragon would exist, as they knew Spyro to be the only one alive (except Bianca; she caught a glimpse of what the Sorcerer looked like before she was captivated under one of the Sorcerer's minions).
"Spyro, did that really happen?" Sparx asked.
"Yeah, I mean, the dragon was this big," Spyro extends his front legs to show the size of the dragon, "probably a little bigger than me, and his skin....it's freaking almost just like mine, but it looked so purple that I was thinking that he was a living gem."
"Wait, what else did I turn into?" Hunter asks curiously.
"Oh, you're not gonna believe it, you turned into Gnasty GNORC at one point."
"Oh, you're kidding, really?"
"Really, man. Anyway, the crystal was actually behind one of the walls I needed to enter the Shadow Realm for, you know, just so I can get through, and then --"
"You gotta be thankful for that Shadowstone," Flame said.
"I know, right? So, I was getting up close to that thing, thinking, 'He's trapped, I gotta free him,' but it turned out to be a very stupid decision. The whole world felt like it was about blow up, and then I started looking around, wondering what was going on, and by the time I realized we needed to get out of there, I was about to yell, 'WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE,' while looking at Hunter, but Hunter ended up changing into the SORCERER. I was like, 'OH, SH--' and then he chained me to the ground, he walked away, and I had no choice but to wait for that other dragon to be freed so he can blow up on me."
Bianca butted in, "But how can that happen? It was a dream."
"I know, and it was one of the weirdest ones I had in my life."
"I'm sorry, but I really don't believe a damn thing he's saying," Ember said, "I mean have we ended up blowing up like that? NEVER, and I wouldn't have gotten on the road to fame if the world was going to blow up like that." (It has been five years since Spyro had defeated the Sorcerer. During that time, when Ember was learning to use dragon magic, she manipulated the magic to make it into an art, and thus, she adopted the life of a pop star.)
"Okay, Ember, you have to --"
"I'm serious, Spyro! I know a lot of you guys look at me like I'm some dirty ***** now, [she has a reputation for being foul, despite her popularity], but I'm just saying that it's never happened before, and I don't believe there's a thing in the world that can make that hap --"
"Ember, that's quite enough now."
Everyone is now looking at the entrance of the small dojo. A blue two-legged elder dragon had entered. Unlike most dragons, he seems to have sort of a beard sticking from the bottom of his chin, and he also has a leg brace because of the time that he was under his previous home, which was destroyed by lurkers of the Shadow Realm. The Shadow Lurkers broke his leg, but he can still fight like a warrior.
"You know, Tomas, you gotta pick better times to be late," Spyro said.
"Yeah, but even flying dragons need to deal with traffic. (The dojo is a vital part of a major trade city, which has an abundance of flying dragons, thus calling for some jams every now and then.) Have you prepared for training?"
"Heh, you better hope you don't get your ass kicked this time," Sparx says to Spyro.
"Don't worry, I got this."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:23:05 16/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#4 Posted: 14:34:00 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 2: Night Watch

Spyro is now resting on the floor of one of the city's observatory towers. The tower is just high enough to let anyone view the largest parts of the entire dragon city, but it has been put off limits to most of the citizens. Ever since Spyro had saved everyone from the Shadow Realm, the towers needed to convert themselves from being abstract tourist attractions. Only a few are allowed to enter freely, just for the sake of monitoring. The tower is actually the tallest building in the city, since it is 40 stories tall, which is much taller than the average of 9 stories in commercial areas and 3 stories in residential outskirts. For this reason, a restriction was necessary: only those with special permission can enter the tower, even though any dragon can easily fly to the top of the tower. Also, anyone who to enter the tower needs to do so through the lobby, unless there is an absolute emergency. Only THEN can anyone enter/leave through the top floor.
The sky is pitch black, but there is so much light coming from every part of the city that there was practically no need to rely on a flashlight (or even a fire sprite spell; dragons can use magic to spew a floating flame so they can see in the dark, but the modern world of technology makes the spell often no longer needed).
Spyro is wearing an ice pack on his head. He knocked Tomas down, but he didn't expect the elder to get back up so quickly. The battle started with Spyro having to hit Tomas's staff as much as he can without being hit himself, and then it ended with Spyro knocking Tomas down with a magic attack. Spyro was so proud of himself that he cheered about it to his friends, while he was still in the battle ring, but he didn't expect Tomas to get back up so soon. After all, the elder dragon was wearing a leg brace. 'I always see you disobey that one rule. Never let your guard down.' How the hell was I supposed to know we weren't done?
Spyro's head is still throbbing with pain, and the ice pack seems to have lost its frigid temperature. Having noticing this, Spyro grabs the pack with his front right paw so he can refreeze it with his ice element. He spends too much time cooling the pack, though; ice crystals formed around his paw, and his paw stuck to the pack.
"D'ah, crap," he mutters, trying to shake the pack off of his paw. With every shake he makes to try freeing his paw from the frost, the pack seems to stick to his paw even more, chilling his nerves to the bones of his body. Now it would feel awkward for Spyro to try touching his Shadowstone with the same paw; the pack became a part of his body.
"He really hit you hard, there, didn't he?"
In a sudden move, Sparx approached in front of Spyro's face. Yes, he was in the same tower, but so was Flame, Hunter, Bianca, Ember, and even an armadillo, who a lot of people call Bandit. He wears a red bandana around his neck, brown cargo pants on his legs, and a light-blue bandana on his head when he isn't wearing his brown leather cowboy hat. The armadillo is Ember's love, and Ember is the armadillo's love. They met because of a certain day when the armadillo wanted to give the pink dragon a gift: a very thoughtful love letter. The dragons weren't very fond of armadillos at first, but when this particular armadillo gave Ember the letter, the dragons started to have a different outlook for every armadillo. Thus, it seems unreasonable for "Bandit" to have his name.
Flame and Bianca are sleeping separately, and Ember and "Bandit" are sleeping like a married, affectionate couple, but Hunter is standing up, wide awake. Every night, the dragons and the mammals rotate to monitor activity using a very special scope that allows them to see the ground. The scope also has adjustable zoom, so they can view as much of the ground as they please.
"Sparx, I told you that I don't want to be bothered in my sleep!" Spyro said.
"Well, you got up, so --"
"Dammit, YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT UP FOR!"
"Hey, tone it down, will ya?" Hunter said.
Spyro then looks at the rest of the gang in the tower, especially at the armadillo and the pink dragon. Thankfully, everyone else is still asleep, but Spyro was very close to waking them with his loud outburst.
Spyro then gets up, with the ice pack still stuck to his paw. He approaches Hunter, who's using the scope, saying, "You know, I'm just wondering...how does an armadillo go ahead and stay with a good girl gone bad?"
"Heh, I don't know, Spyro," Hunter said, "all I know is that they love each other."
"Well, yeah, I know, but I think it's kind of weird."
"What's so weird about two people loving each other?"
"Well, if you look at Ember and Bandit," Sparx started, "you'd get that feeling that goes like --"
"Okay, first of all," Spyro interrupted, "Bandit's just the name he got when he used to steal from other villages, and second of all, don't bring up that 'Hey, a pop star's hanging out with a cowboy!' crap, because you really don't know what it's like for people from two different places to love each other! I mean, look at Hunter! He's hanging out with someone who we didn't meet in Avalar, and yet you just come in to --"
"Spyro, you're getting loud again," Hunter reminded the dragon.
Spyro, touching his Shadowstone with his left paw, as to hide the fact that his other paw's frozen on the pack, looks at Hunter, apologetically. "Sorry, I got hype."
"Yeah, I can tell." Hunter looks through the scope for another ten seconds before starting again. "So, just what's the armadillo's name, anyway? Austin? Ronald? Bill --"
"It's Chris. Christopher Frontell."
Hunter looks at Spyro with a sense of peculiarity. "Well, that's a weird name for a cowboy."
"Yeah, I didn't even believe that name once he told me it." Spyro starts laughing softly, shaking his head towards the ground, touching his Shadowstone with his left paw again. "I was literally going out laughing when he told me his name."
"So you were like, 'A cowboy named Chris? I never heard THAT one before!'?" This was actually the first time in two months that Sparx got Spyro and Hunter laughing to one of his jokes. Sparx, being a yellow dragonfly, felt proud of himself.
Suddenly, the elevator dings (yes, there's an elevator in the tower). "You sure you think you got the right crystals this time, uncle?"
"Don't worry, Blink, I am 100% positive that these crystals will make the Shadow Detector fully functional and capable of reading all signals of dark magic!"
Two moles of different sizes had entered using the elevator. With them, they had a flatbed with a bulging sheet of tarpaulin. The tall one is Blink, with a size comparable to that of Hunter's. Blink also has a blue hard hat and red infrared goggles. The short one is his Uncle, who many call "the Professor." He wears a white apron and some reading glasses.
"Well, come on, we're here. Let's get this thing outta here."
The Professor is having a hard time pushing the cart. He grunts as he relentlessly tries to push it, but he tires out.
"Great," Blink says. "Spyro, Hunter. Help us with this, will you?"
"Oh, no," Spyro said sarcastically. "Here we go."
"Yeah, I know, you hate every single time you gotta to do this," Blink replied to Spyro, as the dragon and the cheetah go ahead to help Blink push the cart near a large contraption, "but you and Hunter are the best guys to handle this big stuff."
"Well, yeah," Hunter admitted, "but Spyro better than any of us. He can lift forty bricks just by using his magic."
"But it just so happens that his magic isn't enough to forecast any danger that is to become among us," the Professor started, standing once again.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:56:25 02/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 14:41:44 26/04/2014
Why do you think nobody clicks the link?
#6 Posted: 14:43:44 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
"Hey, none of us knew the so-called 'Sorcerer' was going to take over the world, but it doesn't mean you gotta take it out on my mans, Uncle!" Blink said.
"I'm not blaming Spyro for our captivities," the Professor stated. "He released us from our imprisonments, after all, didn't he?"
Blink took the hint with a short consideration. "Okay, let's just see if we can finally get that thing going."
The moles proceed to unmask the objects that were underneath the tarpaulin. Under it were two astonishingly large crystals. One illuminates with the bright glow of the heavens, whereas the other one pulsates a blakish purple. Both are an equal size to each other, but the darker one seems to be more hostile; it has active volts of purple electricity.
Spyro looks at the crystals. He was about to say something, but Blink said, "How'd you get that ice pack stuck to your paw?"
Hunter snickers when he takes a brief notice at this; he didn't even notice the pack. Spyro ignored the laugh and said, "Doesn't matter, but you really went to the mines to find a light gem and a dark gem?"
"How else are we gonna get this thing working, boy?" Blink returned, readying the large machine in the room.
"And I assure you," the Professor started again, "with the compositions these two gems have, we can be sure to finally detect any potential Shadow Lurkers that would invade this city, all without needing Spyro's eyes."
The sole purpose of the machine is to detect any creature from the Shadow Realm that might have the potential of entering the normal world, just to raid the city. The machine is supposed to detect Shadow Lurkers that roam in the Shadow Realm, but since the machine would always be in the normal world, there'd never be a need for Spyro to enter the Shadow Realm. His Shadowstone makes him the only one capable of entering the Shadowstone. In fact, everyone relies on him to check the Shadow Realm once every two days to make sure there's no one who can invade the city.
However, every time the Professor tried to make the machine work, he failed, and he attempted it at least 800 times. Not only that, but the Professor usually tries this during the night time. This was when the creatures of the Shadow Realm, called "Shadow Lurkers," would most likely attack. The Shadow Lurkers get around better in the dark, because dragons cannot see so well in the dark without a light source. However, this was also usually done during times when Spyro would be trying to sleep, so the Professor's attempts would make Spyro mad.
Blink responded to the Professor's theory of outcome: "Yeah, okay, just give me the ratchet, please. I'm gonna open the hatch to the circuits."
Hunter is the one to do this. He reaches for a toolbox, which was on the flatbed, and grabs the ratchet from the box. He then gives it to Blink, who opens the hatch to the circuit-board. The bottom of the mechanical components has two empty concentration tanks, which are for the gems. The gems, along with the city's electricity, power the machine, and their essences needed to be concentrated in a certain way in order for the machine to work.
"Okay, Spyro, I'm gonna need you to use that telekinetisis or whatever the heck it's called so you can put those gems in here," Blink said.
Spyro takes that initiative. He stands on his hind legs and faces the palms of his paws to the crystals, even though one of the paws still has the ice pack. Spyro focuses on the crystals, and then the gems, each showing a slightly green speculated mixture to their original lighting, start to move into the tanks.
When Spyro is done, the Professor says, "My, I feel alienated for this moment."
"Uncle, stop," Blink says, starting to boot the large Shadow Detector. "You really don't need to be afraid of nothin' now that you know magic exists."
"I know, my nephew, but I still feel like there is something about magic I can never be fond of."
"There's ALWAYS going to be something we're gonna be afraid of. I mean, I'm still wanting to go back underground since being out of the ground SCARES me!" At this point, the entire machine completed its boot, but Hunter, sensing a continuing argument, went in and said,
"Hey, will you two pipe down?! We got other people sleeping here!"
"Well excuse me for being so damn loud!"
"Okay, you know what, this is bull****! This has never worked, and it will never will, so I don't know why you even help your uncle if you --"
"Yo, you KNOW I have a goddamn laser glove, so if you're gonna taunt my uncle like that, YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN', BOY!"
Everyone is now slightly awake to this. Even Bandit, Chris rather, is awake, but when Ember noticed, she told him what the deal was, and then they tried to go back to sleep. This was done with little success, as they cannot escape the ear-breaking sounds of the shouts.
Spyro's headache returns, but he also starts to see the world in a different light...literally. He hadn't morphed himself into the Shadow Realm, but, for some reason, every inactive thing he sees is now a black-sepia color, but he sees everyone in the room as a golden sepia color. He doesn't even know it, but the scleras* of his eyes are now lit in a magenta color, and his irises are also lit in a brighter purple color.
Dumbfounded, Spyro decides to walk towards the tower windowpanes. He can see everything that is going on in the ground without having to use the scope, as his vision narrows to somehow allow him to view even the outskirts of the city. He can even see through several buildings at once, and what he sees are countless groups of two-legged serpents, as ghosts with a purple speculation. The serpents are armed with military-grade rifles, which makes Spyro even more confused. What the heck... Spyro also sees ghosts of dragons, speculated by a golden light. The golden dragons seem to be unaware of the purple serpents, because they are doing their normal everyday evening affairs: reading books, performing acts of kata (the dojo gets hundreds of students, even adult students. In fact, there is more than one dojo in the city, with a dragon elder as the master of the each dojo), or even tending to their babies. The serpents, however, are not peaceful; they seem to be ruthless. The serpents grab the dragons and throw them down to the floor, making the dragons speculate purple. The serpents even grab the dragon babies.
Spyro is still wondering what is going on. He can’t quite make it out.
Suddenly, Spyro lays his eye on a very black serpent armed with a rocket launcher, possibly an RPG. The serpent seems to be looking in Spyro’s direction, even though the serpent isn't 5 feet in front of Spyro. The serpent then points his weapon towards Spyro’s watch tower.
Wait, I think we finally got something...
Spyro was very unaware of Blink's words. He was focused on the serpent, who was clearly in the middle of the largest city square. As soon as the serpent launches his attack, Spyro says, “OH, S#!T! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!”
An explosion causes the building to rumble, waking everyone. The explosion also malfunctions the building's electrical circuits, causing the Shadow Detector to once again render useless. It was pointless to fix the machine; the ground felt unstable to stand on. Speaking of which, the windows rapidly showed the view of the ground.
"Oh, god! We're falling!" Ember exclaimed in shrieking fear.
Spyro needed to think fast. Everyone was falling, and he and the other dragons flying out of there wouldn't be enough to save the flightless; none of the dragons can carry everyone out of there. Spyro, suddenly getting an idea, yells.
"EVERYBODY TELEPORT!!!!!!!!!"
And so, everyone there fades and leaves a white mist, as the tower continues to crumble down to make contact with the ground and to become a pile of industrial landfill.**
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:58:54 02/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#7 Posted: 14:51:01 26/04/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: NINJAsk11
Why do you think nobody clicks the link?

Nobody's responded to my work, other than a few people on deviantART. I don't know if any of them Leo use darkSpyro, but it grinds by gears to see nobody's responding to this.

That being said, what do you think so far?

I am one of the most responsable users on this Fan Section... so... honest opinion....?

I'm wierded out...
#8 Posted: 14:55:08 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, Spyro deals with a whole lot of confusion in the dream, so, yeah...

You know the whole story behind Shadow Legacy, right?

Oh, and for those who finished reading Chapter 2:

*a sclera is the white area around the iris, which surrounds the pupil
**only the dragons and Bianca are able to teleport, but they can help the magic-less teleport, too, as long as the magicians take the magic-less with them.

CHAPTER 3: The Dark Escape

No one saw the attack coming. No one thought that a sudden invasion would occur, especially by things that presumed to be invisible to the naked eye. Well, at least most of the eyes. Spyro was the only one to see who was making the assault, but not before the watch tower was blown up.
There is an alley that connects to the main square, in which there is a fountain in its center. The fountain has a serpent-like dragon*, smoothly crafted to show fine skin and shiny --
Never mind, there is debris from neighboring buildings around the fountain. It is difficult for me to illustrate the environment when it has been destroyed. Speaking of destruction, from the nearby alley, one would be to see the upper parts of the watch tower, tumbling down to the ground, creating an utterly loud crash and a large cloud of dust.
Many residents of the city, *ahem,* dragons, and a few other animals, since dragons weren't the only ones to live there, were running away from an unknown existence. They do not know why everyone is suddenly disappearing, or why every structure of the city was being brought down to midst piles of industrial waste. If they see what was causing the mass dismantlements, they instantly disappear.
Suddenly, a white fog appears in the alley, and the fog emits a few more residents: Spyro, Hunter, Flame, Ember, Bianca, Professor, Blink, Sparx, and "Bandit"...Chris. They are all huddled together, but this isn't a "group hug." In fact, they weren't meaning to "hug" at all. All of their heads were bundled closely, but a few seconds later, everyone unbundled their heads to see their environment. They saw the destruction, the terrorism -- it's a clear massacre, but, unthinkably, by ghosts?
Spyro can no longer see the serpents, but he doesn't like his current situation, either. At any moment, he knows that one of those reptilians can grab him from behind and make him disappear into the shadows. This gives Spyro uncertainty. After all, the serpents had modern artillery, and all he had was his own powers: fire, ice, and electricity. His elements were almost basic, so, in most cases, Spyro would need to approach an enemy to make his attacks. The only other choice to make is to use his elements as explosives, but this would waste his powers, as he can only use the explosive elements a few times.
All the others had the same problems. They are sighting the environment as trashed land, as if a fallout occurred. Everyone became weary of what was around them.
"Hey, what gives?" Ember shouted. "I thought we were supposed to go to that fallout shelter!"
Everyone was aiming to go to the stated location, where there was to be a very secure shelter with emergency weaponry and supplies, but for some reason, they were outside, in the alley. Spyro didn't expect themselves to end up in this area, because the fallout shelter was usually protected by highly trained dragons. Something terrible must have happened.
"They're getting people away from the fallout shelter."
Spyro turned his head so he's looking at the opposite direction. Sparx looked the same way. They see a red, two-legged faun, with gleaming red hair and a shiny pair of blue goggles.
"ELORA?!?"
Spyro and Sparx hadn't seen the faun since he had left from his first adventure in the kingdom known as the Forgotten Worlds. Seeing her again all so suddenly made them jump in shock, especially since, this time, she assumes to be holding a type of assault rifle.
This isn't an ordinary assault rifle, either. The weapon doesn't use bullets. Rather, the weapon would be inferred to use a kind of blue energy, plasma. There was also light that illuminated out of the top of the gun.
A female fairy with cherry hair then came up to them and said, "Yeah, Spyro, the fallout shelter is being raided, so the dragons are forcing you to teleport to all kinds of other places."
"Wait, Zoe," Sparx asked in a nervous state, "what's going on around here?"
"We don't have time to explain," Elora replied. "Hunter! Blink! Catch!"
Elora was wearing a backpack. She reached from behind to grab what seems to be metal batons. As soon as Hunter and Blink catch them, though, the batons extended, and partial parts of the rods emitted blue lights. They were two more assault rifles.
"Aw, Elora! You know I hate using these things!"
"Well, the people that are attacking us have these kinds of weapons, and sometimes you miss with that bow of yours."
"True that," Spyro said.
"And really," Elora started saying to Hunter, again, "do you want to get killed by guys who have better weapons than that?"
"Hey, at least I get most of my shots on point, so these guns are just gonna slow me dow --"
Spyro interrupted Hunter. "Wait, what kind of guns do these guys have?"
"Shh!" Elora replies. "We have to get to the evac ship. That's the only way we can escape from this. Hunter, Spyro, and whoever that red guy is, come with me. Blink, you take the rest and go through the west side of the city."
"Awight, got it," Blink returned.
"I'll give you the signal to move, now take positions!"
Spyro (slightly fumbling due to his ice pack), Hunter, Zoe, and Flame came as close to Elora as they could, and they all leaned against a wall of a great abandoned factory. On the other side of the alley, Chris, Blink, Ember, Professor, and Bianca were also leaning against the wall. Their goal is to go south, where the evacuation ship is. While Elora, Hunter, and Blink were armed with the rifles, Spyro, Flame, Bianca, and Ember were limited to use their own powers. They get limits to using their powers, if they want to use the more powerful attacks.
Luckily, Chris carries two revolvers with him, which use actual bullets. He decided to give one to the Professor, since he's unarmed.
"Just give it back when we're through, okay?" Chris said.
The only other person who had some sort of weapon was Bianca, but the weapon is a bronze magic staff. She had it with her while she was sleeping, and she always has it with her, just for emergencies like this.
Blink was looking back at Elora, waiting for her signal. Before Elora gave the signal, she put her left hand to her left ear.
"Activate the Shadow Spooker."
Spyro looked at the faun questionably. Shadow Spooker? What? There followed a few more seconds of waiting. More and more residents of the city were running and disappearing, making Spyro, Hunter, and everyone else very weary.
Zoe noticed the ice pack that was stuck to Spyro. "Here, let me take care of that for you." She waved her wand and flicked it at Spyro's paw, and just like that, the ice pack disappeared.
"Thanks, Zoe," the dragon said.
Elora was grasping her rifle evermore so tightly. She doesn't look to be afraid of what's ahead, but she took a deep breath and then exhaled firmly.
Blink was looking towards his desired path, still seeing the dragons and the other animals disappearing. Some of the runners were even starting to tumble onto the ground.
"Anytime, now," Blink said.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:10:02 13/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#9 Posted: 14:58:48 26/04/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Well, Spyro deals with a whole lot of confusion in the dream, so, yeah...

You know the whole story behind Shadow Legacy, right?

It's been... ages.....
#10 Posted: 21:37:42 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Another moment of waiting passed, but then, there came a golden fog. The fog emitted the reason why the dragons and the other residents of the city were disappearing: the serpents. They were real. Spyro thought he had seen an illusion, and he thought that what must have happened with the tower was purely done by ghosts, but he was proved wrong. The serpents were right in the open.
"What the hell?" One of them said.
"Okay, NOW!"
Everyone went out of the alley to follow their paths, by Elora's command. As the two groups moved about, they used building debris and vehicles for cover.
Surprisingly, Elora and Hunter are experts with their weapons. As they ran from a fallen pillar to a toppled hover-bus (vehicles can be seen often in the Dragon City. The flightless would also prefer fast travel, but they are only allowed to travel that fast in the air, hence the hover vehicles), they each discharged rapidly-emitting particles of plasma from their rifles, exterminating three of the sharp-headed serpents. Spyro, Flame, Zoe, and Sparx were expeditiously following with a small proximity, as to avoid as much of the danger as possible.
"GET THAT DRAGON!!!!!!"
Spyro ran the through the plasma storm and safely made it to the mechanical underside of it (the bus, after all, was toppled onto its side). Spyro then looked at Elora, amazed at the faun's talent. I had no idea she can do that. I thought girls were just for looks.
"You're okay, right?" Elora asked Spyro.
"Yeah, same as always." Spyro looked at his Shadowstone again. Does this attack have something to do with my stone?
"Okay, well, you see that we have to cross that bridge." Elora pointed to a large, metallic pavilion bridge. "The bridge is going to have more of those things coming out of it, so you're gonna need to be careful."
"We can't just fly over there?" Flame asked.
"No, we have to stick to the ground," Zoe replied.
Elora waits another five seconds, just to see if it was safe to go on the pavilion bridge. Two more of the serpents came out. Elora and Hunter shot them each with one discharge.
"Okay, let's move!"
The group approached the bridge, which has oodles of hover vehicles and amples of push-carts, both for food and for transport, collapsed on its wide path. The path is as wide as half the width of a football field...the international kind, but the length of it was as long as the length of one and a half of those fields.
The group was at the north side of the bridge, but the serpents continuously appeared from the south side. Elora and Hunter, eliminating one enemy every 5 seconds, not showing any smirks of anxiety, pushed themselves closer and closer to the reptilian hoard. Spyro, Flame, and Sparx were still in awe for seeing their skills. I wish I can do that, Spyro reckoned to himself, as he can never hold a gun, being a quadrupedal** dragon.
A few more rounds of running towards cover led the group closer and closer to the other side of the bridge. At the other side of the bridge, there is a hill that declines further towards the evac ship.
They ducked under a large, standing food push cart. Plasma particles were impacting against the cooking side of the food cart.
At this point, Spyro and his friends were only 20 yards from reaching the south side of the bridge. Finally, they would be closer to the evac ship, whatever it looked like.
The faun and the cheetah shot two more of the two-legged scaly figures, and, with the rest of the group, they went forwards. Spyro felt confident, especially since, this time, he didn't have to use his stone.
"Okay, there should be mono trains at the middle of the hill," Elora advised. "They'll lead us straight to the ship, so we don't have to keep running just to sweat our asses o --"
Suddenly, as the team was reaching the monorail trains (that's what Elora means by "mono trains"), one of the serpents came by surprise and tackled Spyro off the bridge. Everyone else gaped with tremor, as Spyro and the serpent fell down from the bridge and started to roll on the steep, rocky, inclined slope below. The serpent was relentlessly grasping onto Spyro, trying to slash his throat. Spyro is adamantly trying to push the serpent off of his skin, but it does no good; he is physically feeble, compared to the serpent.
Sparx and Zoe were following the two reptiles, who were approaching the edge of the slope, which cuts off to be a breakneck cliff.
Spyro realized how much danger he would be in, so he blew a repulsive burst of fire into the serpent's face, so he can free himself of his enemy's hold, but this happened when they just reached the edge of the slope. The two-legged nemeses fell, and Spyro struggled to gain a good airfoil for flight. He only succeeding in descending in a revolution; he spun.
He was lucky enough to have at least glided. He crashed through a 14th-floor window of an office building, which is built to look like a pagoda.*** The glass transformed from one great, transparent, rectangular pane to billions of crystalline particles, but this gave Spyro a great deal of injury. He landed with a grunt of pain, his head turned towards the ground. Every part of his body was suddenly pricked with embers that bit the littlest parts of his shiny purple skin.
"Come on, Spyro, get up!"
Sparx and Zoe caught up to Spyro, who casually rose on his four feet.
"Oh, damn, I didn't expect the --"
Again, Spyro was interrupted by a thud of an explosion. The explosion wasn't loud, but became a clear waring sign, so Spyro tried to listen for another thud. The next thud, however, was a bang, one that caused some ripples from the east walls and from the ceiling.
"Oh, no, LET'S GO!!!" Zoe yelled.
Zoe lead the way this time, as the center of gravity felt like it was tilting towards the south wall. The desks started to float towards the wall. Spyro had to once again take evasive action, but this time, he was able to generate an airfoil. The dragon then set forth to dodge the incoming office desks, which were full of sharp writing materials, as well as more advanced technology (computers, they call it?).
Spyro, Zoe, and Sparx set their eyes on another window on the north wall. The window was their only way out of the falling building.
"Come on, don't fail on me, wings!" Sparx said, as Spyro effortlessly dodged a desk with file folders slipping from the desk's compartments. Spyro looked back at the desk, almost unaware of another desk that would have crushed him if he didn't peer back to the direction of the window.
"OH, --" Spyro, by instinct, propelled the desk with a burst of a projecting fireball, and both the fireball and the desk exploded when the two objects impacted against the window. Spyro, Zoe, and Sparx were given an open hatch to safety.
They weren't completely safe yet, unfortunately. The three flying beings needed to get to their monorail train, but they couldn't see it at first. Its departure station was obscured by several more buildings and trees. However, the arrival station was in their distant sights, and the train was already there.
50 yards from the station stood an enormous, orange, prolate spheroid**** airship. It has blue thrusters: two on the front belly and two on the rear belly, as well as one large thruster on the rear end. The belly-thrusters can pivot to give the ship leverage. In fact, the ship already had leverage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:41 13/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#11 Posted: 04:26:41 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh, no, THEY'RE LEAVING WITHOUT US!" Spyro cried.
It became a non-competitive race between a dragon, a dragonfly, and a fairy. The hazards were the serpents; they gave another bulletstorm of plasma particles, but the three flying beings were agile enough to zip through the heavy fire without inflicting damage amongst themselves.
Their target was enlarging quite too slowly. The ship continued to rise, and the flying trio was starting to become tense.
"Oh, damn, Spyro! GET US TO THE SHIP!" Sparx barked.
"I WOULD IF I CAN GO FASTER!"
"Well, TELEPORT US!"
"I CAN'T! I CAN DO IT ONCE EVERY TEN MINUTES!"
It hadn't been ten minutes past yet; it had only been nine, but Spyro's special vision returned. He was able to regain a keen vision, only to see a big, black raccoon, with a scorpion tail, holding onto...
Professor!
The tiny mole was dangling outside of a side entrance of the ship. The raccoon creature was trying to take the Professor from the ship, but the mole was clinging onto a bar somewhere below the bottom frame of the hatch. He didn't want to fall.
And to make matters worse, Hunter was pushed out by another one of those raccoon creatures, but Hunter took his raccoon with him. Hunter always had his archery equipment for specific emergencies, and he even had tether arrows. While Hunter's enemy was falling from the ship, the cheetah used a tether arrow to prevent himself from falling, but it involved shooting the raccoon creature that was holding onto the Professor. Hunter needed to act quickly to get himself above the raccoon creature, before it fell, but the furthest Hunter was able to go was right below the Professor; he was now holding onto the mole.
Spyro became alarmed at this moment. What he was going through now, with constant plasma balls raging towards him, was extremely life-threatening, and now he's seeing two of his comrades suffering from a life-threatening situation themselves. He was scared stiff, but still fighting to fly forward. He had never experienced an event so frightening, so dangerous, so traumatizing. His expression even showed how fearful he was: his mouth was gaping, his eyebrows were heavily raised, and his eyes were fully popped open with a shrieking scream.
"Wait, WHAT'S THAT!?!"

= = = = = = = =

When Zoe screamed out of the blue, she, Spyro, and Sparx were suddenly blinded by a white light, but then they were in the airship. Perhaps someone performed a teleportation spell?
Spyro fumbled to the floor once he was inside of the ship, for he still had the velocity he had when trying to escape the serpents' wrath. Spyro didn't want to see the faces of the escapees in the ship, who were all astounded to see Spyro emit himself at the split second.
"Are you okay, Spyro?"
Spyro had no time to answer Tomas, one of the escapees present in the ship. Spyro longed to fly out of the airship so he can save the cheetah and the mole from their doom. He can hear Hunter scream, "Help!"
At that very moment, something happened. Another boom created a purple void. It seemed to grow larger with each passing second. Spyro just got up and hung his head through the side entrance when this happened, so he saw the void. Instantly, he knew what it was for: to reform the Shadow Realm as the dominant world for the Dragon Realms. The last time the Shadow Realm took hold, however, purple lightning was sprouting from the sky and spiking onto the ground, but this time, there was no lightning, only the void. The void also looked to be sucking in the environment it expands itself on.
Spyro now knew that the serpents were Shadow Lurkers, minions that ultimately live and dwell in the Shadow Realm but work for the enemy purple dragon known as the Sorcerer. Heck, the raccoon creatures were also possibly Shadow Lurkers, and maybe they cannot speak, like the serpents can, but they were ruthless either way.
Zoe and Sparx saw Spyro throw himself out of the hatch. The dragon descended to save Hunter and the Professor, but the moment Spyro sprang out of the ship, the mole lost his grip, and both of the mammals started falling in separated paths. Spyro was left to save the both of them at the same time, which rendered great difficulty. Hunter and the Professor must have been at least 9 feet apart, and Spyro was speeding just slightly faster than the mammalians. It was hard for Spyro to catch up.
The void was amassing with times past. Spyro was very slow to reach any of the two mammals, and Spyro suddenly had an epiphany: he can only save one of the two before they reach the void. If Spyro saves the mole, then he would lose a great man of attack and defense, but if he saves the cheetah, then he would lose a great men of intelligence. Wherever they're headed, both forces would be important, because an enemy would often strike at an unforeseen minute; a man of intelligence can establish strategic plans to prevent such attacks. If, however, strategic planning fails to succeed, then a man experienced in battle can prevent his force from losing too many allies, as his maneuverability would be strong in leading others the fight.
Spyro sets his course of flight towards the Professor. Spyro thought it would be easier to save the aged mole first, since he'd easier to carry, but then the dragon became dubious on the decision. Man, I wouldn't have enough time. Spyro was completely confused on what to do, so Spyro went towards the middle path once again.
"SPYRO!" the Professor screeched. "DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME! SAVE HUNTER!"
"WHAT?!?" Spyro returned. "I DON'T WANT TO --"
"I'VE TRAINED MY NEPHEW AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! HE CAN REPLACE ME AS MY SUCCESSOR!"
"NO! I'M NOT LETTING YOU G --"
"MAKE A CHOICE ALREADY, WILL YOU?!" Hunter clamored with vexation.
Regret slithered on Spyro's skin, as he made the bold choice to save Hunter. The dragon diverted himself towards the cheetah, who was just closing in on the void. Spyro dove with all his might towards his feline friend.
Hunter was reaching his right hand towards Spyro's front paws. Spyro was reaching his front paws towards Hunter's hand. Both of them were dreadfully close to the edge of the void, but just when they were about to touch it, Spyro laid his paws on Hunter's hand, and then they vanished. A white mist was left behind, but the Professor was left to fall to his doom. His body made contact with the void, and then the crest sprouted splash particles, as the void continued to cover the mass of the land. Spyro had saved Hunter, but was unable to save the Professor.

-----------------------
*Great Sea Dragon, first featured in Spyro: Shadow Legacy
**word that describes a four-legged animal
***a pagoda is one of those tall Chinese-like buildings
****similar shape to that of an American football/rugby
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:30 13/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#12 Posted: 14:51:57 27/04/2014
Hello, I'm uttster13, another one of the responsible users of the Fan Fiction. I've also done many FanFic's, the two biggest ones were Tales of Skylands and my new one, Shelves. Now, I noticed that you want to attract readers to this story. The only good way to do that is to make it interesting for everyone here in the Fan Fiction section.

Now, I'm going to say something: Most users don't read stories about the old Spyro games and storylines. I don't know why, but people just ignore them.

So, if you want people to read your story, you might want to make it with a twist. I'm not saying to add the Skylanders, but just give some flavoring and some uniqueness. I myself haven't played any of the Spyro games, so I can't help you with the story that much.

Hopefully this has helped you! Good luck!
---
A story.
#13 Posted: 13:07:21 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 4: The Shipment

Spyro and Hunter make it back, huddling onto each other, inside the main deck, which was the same room Spyro had thrown himself out of. However, something was amiss. When the two warriors grow to their senses, separating their heads from the huddle, they had noticed that every mechanism, every gadget, had a shadowy violet coloring.
To make matters more peculiar, no one else was to be found. Every single dragon, and a variety of other mammals, reptiles, birds, and amphibians, cannot be seen in any part of the ship.
"D'ah, crap," Spyro said.
"Oh, yeah, definitely," Hunter replied. "How the heck did we end up in the Shadow Realm?" Hunter walks to one of the large computers. "You didn't use your Shadowstone when you saved me, did you?"
"No, why would I? I only meant to use my powers so we can catch up to everyone else."
"That's good thinking. You probably couldn't lift me if you tried."
"Hey," Spyro said sharply. "I can use that telekinesis thing, you know."
"Yeah, but doesn't that waste your powers?"
Spyro gave Hunter a stern face as the cheetah looked back at the dragon.
"Look, you want to use up all of your powers in one go, go ahead, but don't expect me to help you out all --"
"Just stop, okay? (gesturing) Get close to me."
The cheetah walks to become very close to the dragon, so close that the cheetah's chest could have met with the dragon's horns.
"Whoa. Too close," Hunter says.
"Nah, it's alright. You ready?"
"Come on, I was born ready."
"With your tracking skills? I remember when Elora said you lost your running shoes dead --"
"SPYRO!"
"Fine!"
Spyro subtly squats, and, in a matter of time, rises...without flapping his wings. His Shadowstone collects light to illuminate a whitish glow, but then the light phases from the stone, showing its original red-blue double side appearance.
"Wait, what happened?" Hunter asked as Spyro returned to the floor.
Spyro looks at his amulet. "I don't even..."
He squats again, but doesn't rise. His stone remains unlit. In fact, the stone seems to act more like a fashion accessory when Spyro tries to use its power.
"Great," Spyro says, standing erect, gazing towards the floor. "This is just the best thing to happen to us."
*'Ay, SPYRO! HUNTER! You guys there!?*
Spyro and Hunter were almost paralyzed when they heard the random, staticky voice. It wasn't a voice in their heads, as they knew it to come from an intercom device. They look around, but they don't find it.
*I'm right here, guys. The speaker next to the door!*
Hunter, now having knowledge of the source of the sound, walks to the source. He presses a button on the intercom device, and speaks.
"Sorry, Blink, I didn't know that was you."
*It's awright, man. I saw you guys go fwoop and disappear, so when I looked in here, you know, just to see if you guys woulda showed up, I saw notin', and I mean DEAD notin'. I thought you guys were just DEAD all 'cause of that, but then we --
*Step out of the way. Spyro? Are you there, good chap?*

Spyro jerks his head to the intercom system and, without further warning, sprints his way towards it and shoves his friend out of the way.
"Sarge? Is that you?" the dragon says.
*Indeed, my old chum! I simply had Blink become an ally to our resistance!*
"Wait, what kind of resistance? Is it against the Shadow Realm?"
*It is just so, Spyro. My comrades in the Hummingbird Resistance Movement built this large contraption to counteract any movements that would attack any realm.*
"But an attack already happened. Why didn't you use whatever was in here to stop the attack?"
*None of our attacks can reach inside the dark realm, so we had to use our Shadow Spooker to expose the enemy.*
Oh, that's what that was,
Spryo thought to himself.
*Furthermore, when we exposed the enemy, they were already overpopulating the most concentrated areas of your city. We cannot attack civilians, so we had to revert to our plan B.*
"And I'm guessing that plan B was making everyone go into this ship?"
*Awright, my turn.* Blink took over his side of the intercom. *Yo, Spyro! How come you ain't coming back into the real world?*
"I can't use my Shadowstone for some reason. I'm stuck here unless some miracle happens."
*Oh, cool!*
The intercom stops its staticky buzz, rendering a silence in the room. The only thing that can be heard is the humming motor of the ship's engine.
"Just what the hell is his problem, lately?" Hunter said.
"I know, right? He's becoming just as crazy as the Professor."
Hunter glares at his friend. "It's just what you said. Best thing to happen to uh --"
They suddenly see a small, elliptical, white light in the middle of the room, which animates like liquid and broadens to show more colors in its center.
"Well, this is something," Hunter says.
The elliptical light wasn't a light at all, in fact. It showed the same exact room in its original lighting: a russet brown, with hints of ruby red on some of the walls and gadgets. Blink can be seen through the ellipse.
"Come on! This thing's gonna close in 5 seconds!"
Spyro and Hunter exchange expeditious glances towards one another. Conscientiously, they agree to charge through the ellipse simultaneously, and within the five seconds, they dove through it, landing on their chests and giving off heavy grunts upon impact.
"And, there's our miracle!" Hunter said.
The ellipse closes suddenly, as though it was just a floating light. Spyro stands up to see the room, which has no more purple speculation. He also sees many of the residents of the Dragon City. He also saw quite a few animal residents: squirrels, cats, frogs, fireflies, foxes, moles, chipmunks, turtles, falcons, prairies, fauns, and even jays. All of them were about the size of a typical wolf, but they were all bipedal, and they were also coated with different shades of numerous colors, making the crowd look like a living rainbow.
Spyro continues to look around, and he sees that a small penguin with a jet pack is talking to Blink. Around the penguin were a few more dragons, a hummingbird, an armadillo, a fairy, a dragonfly, and a faun. The most noticeable dragons of the horde were tall, elder dragons. The blue dragon known as Tomas was there, but there were also five more elders close to him: a green dragon named Astor, a yellow dragon named Titan, a beige dragon named Cho Lei, a pink dragon named Magnus, and a red dragon named Red. Each of the elders had their own staffs that had crystals at the ends of them, but Red's crystal was particularly big; it was a large dark gem, which means that he specializes in dark magic, an ability that the other elders either refused or were unable to wield.
From the group, the dragonfly notices the purple dragon.
"Spyro!"
"Hey, Sparx!"
Sparx buzzes towards Spyro's face and rubs it to express his relief, and Spyro closes his eyes as his dragonfly companion rubs closely to the eye sockets, but the dragon didn't seem to mind. In fact, the dragon smiled. It gives Spyro comfort when even a small bug gives Spyro some adoration.
The dragonfly then seceded himself from Spyro's face so he can point his eyes towards Spyro's.
"I thought you died when you touched that void!" Sparx said.
"Wait, we touched the void?"
"Surveillance cameras surround the ship as well, my friend!" This came from the penguin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:32 13/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#14 Posted: 16:29:52 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
"Indeed, sir!" The hummingbird started talking to Spyro. "The monitors had shown that when you latched onto your feline comrade, the feline had touched the void with the very tip of a 5 millimeter long hair on his tail, thus causing the dark magic from the void to diffuse through the cheetah's body so it can reach your body."
"And I got you outta there because of these babies." Blink opened a hatch from one of the machines using a remote. Inside were the a dark gem and a light gem.
"Are these the same gems that powered the Shadow Detector?" Spyro asked.
"Yep. The big boy back home had an emergency teleport device. The only thing is, it would only work on the gems. By the way, where's my uncle?"
"Spyro couldn't save him, Blink," Hunter said, easily assuming that Blink didn't examine the monitors while the cheetah was falling. "He's gone."
Blink eyed at Hunter. The mole gaped, but didn't show any further emotion. He then closed his mouth, drooped his head, and moved toward the refugee crowd and walked through it. Everyone looked at him passing through, feeling pitiful for the mole.
Bianca looked at the sad mole, but she had a curious question on her mind. "So did the void null your Shadowstone?" she asked Spyro. "Oh, no. Did that happen before?"
"No, Bianca," Spyro replied, "that's never happened before. I mean, I remember when I went to the dragon village, just to save all the dragons trapped in there..."
"We were in the real world, don't forget."
"Yeah, Sparx, I know." Spyro halted to briefly contemplate, then continued. "Anyway, we were suddenly in the Shadow Realm for no reason, but the stone was working just fine when I was done freeing everyone in there." Spyro looks back at Bianca. "You can fix this thing, right?"
"I don't do dark magic."
"Okay, what about you, Zoe?"
"I don't do anything with magical amulets, Spyro."
"You're gonna have to ask that big guy over there." Bianca waved her right arm so her open hand would point to Red. Right away, Sparx is concerned.
"Uh, can't there be someone else to check that thing?" the dragonfly asked.
"I don't think we have a choice, Sparx," Spyro says back. "He's the only one here who does anything with dark magic. He even has a dark gem on his staff."
The little dragonfly eyes at the large, bipedal red dragon. To the dragonfly, the red dragon is a mere symbol of evil; the ginormous had a past reputation of cursing the entire Dragon Realms with dark magic, and it makes Sparx uncomfortable to see Spyro have to approach the other dragon. Of course, this was only because he was tranced by one of the Sorcerer's spells; he couldn't control himself.
Red has a vicious face with a lengthy U-shaped mouth (this reminds Sparx of an alligator) and darkish purple horns. His spine also has spikes that would seem to poke an eye out of anybody. The dragon is much less desirable than the blue elder dragon named Tomas, who has a wiser, more favorable appearance.
"Red," Spyro started, "I need to ask you a quest --"
"Ladies and gentlemen, we are going off to a top-secret location, where each one of you will strengthen yourselves for the fights that are to come! We escaped a now hostile world, and, in order to fight the hostility, we will need to evolve our tactics and make ourselves new people!" Sgt. Byrd, the penguin, was saying this while standing on an elevated platform that is behind a podium. Spyro had no idea the penguin was going to say it so soon. "We will be entering arriving at our destination by 0500 hours tomorrow morning, where you will be immediately discharged for basic training."
An explosion of complaints came from the crowd. A falcon ripped some feathers from his head, and a frog blew his sac so much that he lost balance and fell to the floor. A fox even threw his can of soda to the floor. Only one particular member of the crowd didn't budge: a lizard, with a raptorish face and a yellowish skin.
Spyro was surprised, but the thing that made him a little more at ease was his Shadowstone. At least Red can help with this problem. One problem he can't quite solve is what the white light was, the white light that teleported him into the ship. Who even fired that thing at me?
Red looks at the crowd with an eye of surprise. He didn't expect an announcement that would tell everyone that they'd eventually need to strain themselves, especially since he can rely on his magic to defend himself. "Well...that's astonishing." The red dragon then directs his attention to a purple dragon that's no bigger than a coffee table. "So, what is it that you need, child?"

==============

Spyro is once again sleeping like a passed out yorkie, but this time in one of the ship's sleeping dorms, on top of a bottom bunk bed. His Shadowstone lays pressed under his head, as he feels that whatever dangers lie ahead would require him to keep the stone at a close guard, just so he wouldn't lose the stone. Not being able to sleep comfortably, he opens his eyes, worried that another group of enemies would attack, even though he's confident that there are no flying Shadow Lurkers.
"You still can't sleep, Spyro?" Sparx, who was sleeping in a rag hung just above the dragon, noticed Spyro wake up.
"I can't seem to make out what they're after."
"I'm sure they're after you. There's always gonna be somebody who's willing to kill you."
"No, it's more than that." Spyro glances at his amulet. "I think that they're after my stone."
"They're not going to get it easily." Elora, who's across from Spyro, noticed him wake up and asked him that question.
Spyro feels like this is a great opportunity to solve his mystery. He asks another question: "I want to know what's happening. Why did you suddenly show up like that? Are you part of that Hummingbird watchamicallit?"
"Well, yeah, Spyro, I am. When the rhynocs caught all of those birds, they realized that they're going to need people suited to the ground if they are going to want to know if there's something waiting for them first."
"You mean like anti-bird or anti-aircraft weapons or something?"
"Yep." Elora lays her head down and crosses her leg. "I mean, I needed to do something after Avalar was taken over by that shorty."
"Yeah, Ripto was such a jerk." Spyro rolls over so he would be laying on his bely, with his body's major axis going across the shorter length of his bed. "So, what is it that you've been doing all these years, anyway?"
"I've been doing a lot of stealth missions, since I'm a girl," Elora moves so she's sitting on the edge of her bed, "but sometimes, I get those missions that involve a lot of shooting, just like that rescue mission that I saved you from."
"Oh." Spyro looks at Hunter, who's in the bunk bed next to Elora's. "Do you ever like to kill those bad guys out there?"
"I really hate to do it, Spyro. I only do it because I want to stop any trouble before it spreads."
"Believe me, I used to like flaming sheep for a living, but even that's getting old." He thinks to himself for a second. He often feels like he comes across too many dangerous adventures, so, naturally, his next response was, "I don't know, I just want a decent vacation for once."
Spyro tucks his stone back under his head and lays down again, but then he hears a beep.
"Oh, sorry," Elora said, "I actually need to go now."
"Is it about the Shadow Radar that Blink's making?" Sparx asks.
"Well, yes, Sparx, and it actually works better than the other one now that Red is helping us."
"Funny, though, he didn't want to help anyone before," Spyro said. "Other than helping young dragons learn magic, he didn't want to help anyone."
#15 Posted: 16:34:31 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
"People can change, Spyro. Sometimes, in order to make the world bright, you must leave behind what is dark."
Elora starts to walk out of the sleeping dorm, with a metal baton in her left hand, and Spyro, having to have listened to her words, was mystified by her speech. Well, he used to be evil. I guess this is his way of saying 'I didn't mean any of that.' Spyro takes another short consideration of Red, the evil dragon turned to good. Does he really feel that sorry for what he did?
"Do you want to come with me, Spyro?" Elora asked with a calm voice. "I've heard that your Shadowstone can make the radar stronger."
"But it's useless now, isn't it? I still can't use it to enter in and out of the Shadow Realm."
"I've talked to the elders. They think our resources back at the base can help fix the stone."
"But how are you going to use it now? As far as I know, it ain't good for anything else."
"Red knows dark magic. He says that there's actually more to the Shadowstone than you think."
Spyro recognizes that there could be some secrets to the Shadowstone that haven't been unlocked yet. After all, it's a sacred prize, and he hasn't seen another Shadowstone yet. Spyro then disembarks from his bed to accompany Elora, with Sparx following behind. On their way to her, Spyro notices Ember, cuddling her head on top of her "partner's" chest. They lie on the same bunk, which could be typical for an unusually obsessive love couple, especially since the bond is between a dragon and an armadillo (though, there is also a diary next to the armadillo; the dragon keeps records of her life).
The looks rather brash. Even her tattoos make her look rowdy in her slumber, but seeing her with the armadillo makes her seem foxy...admirable. This sensation is quite unusual for Spyro, as the pink dragon used to engross any opportunity to express her affection for Spyro. He would always become irritated each time Ember had the nerve to flatter on his skin; it would happen almost every day, and Spyro would always avoid her. His Shadowstone would help to evade her, but ever since he introduced Chris to Ember, the love chain changed its link, so Spyro no longer needed to use his Shadowstone.
What's more is that Ember had adopted the life of a pop star. She isn't fond of using magic for combat. Rather, she looks for attractive patterns with her spells, as to make bedazzling scenes. Along with her vivid, phenomenal voice talents, her magic spells had earned her a spot on the "fast lane," as they name it, and she lived in a glorious life of dispassion and fame. Though, of course, she took that fame to her advantage and made herself a new dragon, so thus, she has black tattoos around her eyes, as well as an extremely prickly spine.
Seeing Ember as she is now makes Spyro wonder, Wow. You were once the annoying girl that wouldn't leave me alone, and now you're the dirty paparazzi of the dragon world. You changed a lot, haven't you?*
Spyro then turns his head away from Ember and continues to approach Elora. "Okay, so where to?"
"We need to go to the end of the hall," she says, as they exit the dorm. "That's where the ship's lab is."
"Is it anywhere close to any of the Professor's labs?"
"Well, it wasn't at first, but Blink really took it to another level. He isn't just some cave explorer."
"Yeah, so much for a nephew of a genius." A quite peculiar thing is that Spyro hadn't acknowledged any of the mole's latest works. I really shouldn't have judged him. Well, the mole was nowhere to be found anymore, other than in Spyro's memories. I'm such a stupid dragon.
They scout through the green-lit hall, which had a large gap in the middle of it; they were in one of the lower decks, but they were certainly not in the lowest (there's only four levels; they are on the second-to-highest level). There were also narrow stepladders to elevate the flightless to the upper levels, as the ship did not have elevators.
They approach a silver metallic hatch, this one with a spin latch, rather than a handle latch, the type seen in most modern airplanes, and the same type seen on the entrance hatch.
Elora opens the hatch with 3 revolutions of the spin latch. Inside the lab was more computers than Spyro and Sparx could ever count. The main deck only had a radar system that took up 3 super computers, but in this room, he would find screens at every corner.
He even found chemistry desks at the center of the room. There were chipmunks analyzing quartz crystals, trying to determine if there's any magic to extract from them. When they do a few tests, they extract the magic using a machine that had the more exposed pipes and wires than any other machine in the room, and the crystals would go into the machines as if a pie were to be cooked for dessert.
Wow, this is a lot of ****. The dragon never thought that so much machinery can fit in one room of an airship. In fact, the room had just as much machinery as a typical super-lab, but a small super-lab.
Elora, Sparx, and Spyro come close to the largest contraption out of the bunch: the Shadow Radar. It's just as big as any radar system in a very small airbase, but with color-coded screens. On the top row, there were monitors with typical blue-and-green topographical maps, but on the bottom row, there were regal-purple-and-navy-blue topographical maps, used for Shadow Realm analysis.
"Hey, I got him." A certain 5 foot tall being with a blue helmet was sitting on a black chair, constantly making adjustments to the machine, not bothering to give attention to Elora's said words.
"Blink, I have Spyro with me, now are you going to say hi to him, or are you just going to sit there and do nothing but glue your eyes on the butt --"
"Yeah, just have him give his Shadowstone to Red. I'm busy right now."
Spyro actually didn't notice Red yet, especially since he was only 5 feet away from Blink. That's what I get for talking to Elora so much. He trots towards the elder, and then sits down.
"So, you're going to untie this thing from my neck?"
"Just lend me some time to kneel before I begi -- "
Suddenly, a thud can be heard from an upper corridor. Everyone postpones their work to listen to the source, trying to hear another thud.
"That's quite peculia --"
Another thud can be heard now. And another. Followed by another. It wasn't an engine knock. Everyone knew what it was, but they all stood stiff, still looking towards the source of the sound.
And as if this fear factor wasn't enough, Spyro's vision returned, but only briefly. He saw through the top walls and saw more scaly legs. Oh, no...
Suddenly, a fox came through the hatch Spyro came through.
"WE'VE BEEN BREACHED!"
The fox is suddenly repelled by a knock of a small, green plasma ball. Everyone panics and runs either to cover or to any exit they can find, but serpents were suddenly appearing from every entrance and shooting everyone in sight. All of the scientists in the room fell almost instantaneously, and the rest of the lab started going under ruin by yet another storm of plasma bullets. Chemistry sets became shattered pieces of life, and another unexpected battle began.
Only Spyro, Elora, Red, Blink, and Sparx remained. Being closest to the largest table in the room, they flee to cover themselves behind it, with Red laying his back on the table.
"Oh, how I hate these gun lovers!" he says. He despises artillery users, because he finds artillery the most useless and the most wasteful weapons that one can have. To him, they are meaningless, nothing more than prolix balls that take little effort in massacring an enemy and only cause one effect. Unlike the serpents, Red prefers to use wizardry, which can have a wide variety of attacks, some of them dangerously explosive.
#16 Posted: 16:53:51 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
In fact, he rose to face the villainous reptiles. He waved his staff and flicked it in their direction.
"Hah!"
A large pulse wave spewed from his staff's dark gem. The pulse drove every serpent in the room to the wall behind them, ultimately rendering them inanimate, but the pulse wrecked more of the lab.
"Really?" Spyro says.
"We have to move," Elora said, "NOW!"
The group of five started departing towards the hatch, but one serpent was clever enough to duck in cover before Red launched his attack. Spyro nearly passed the unarmed serpent unawares before the serpent pushed his legs off the floor to sprint towards Spyro.
The others didn't notice the serpent, nor did they notice that Spyro had stopped running. They didn't even notice Spyro separate his lips to attempt a flaming counterattack that ultimately failed.
"What the --"
Spyro was almost grasped by the serpent, but Red golfed the serpent to yet another wall.
"Why weren't you able to use your fire?" Red asked.
"Wait," Elora started, "did I hear that right?"
"Please tell me you can use your other elements."
As Spyro noticed Sparx concern, he squatted and gaped, only succeeding in bitterly exhaling with a "cack" sound.
"You can't use your ice breath?"
Spyro squats once more. "Nope!"
"Electric?"
Spyro squats again. "I can't use any of my breaths!"
"Oh, crap." This was the first thing Blink said in a higher tone ever since he found out that his uncle fell into the reformed dark world.
Another thud can be heard, one more triggering the beasts of fear within the horde's bodies. "Come on, we can't stay here," Elora said. "We have to get out!"
As the five proceed through the hatch, Elora placed her left hand on her left ear once more. "Activate the gun magnet!"
Outside of the lab, many of the refugees can be seen exiting their dorms because of the sudden second raid that appeared within 12 hours. Either that, or armed serpents were going into their dorms. Spyro would have darted to drive his horns into every one of the serpents ahead of him, but it was deemed too dangerous; he has no elemental powers to use.
Suddenly, the serpents' weapons flew from their grasps and stuck to the ceiling. It was the work of the magnet.
"Now's your chance, Spyro!" Elora shouted.
"GO GET EM'!" Sparx said.
Spyro charged through 5 serpents and took the lead to fight the battle. When the serpents would try to rise, Spyro would whip their heads to the ground with his tail, swung as if it were a chained shot.**
"Take that, you ugly snakes!"
The five proceed to rise onto the upper platform, where they continued through a corridor that led to another deck. There, Spyro sees Chris blasting a dozen of pinchers from his pistols (they're made of zinc), and Spyro also sees Ember showcasing another one of her magical moments on a serpent. She showed it a mass array of luminous, lush pink rays. The serpent fell, having to see countless particles of body-popping zaps emitted onto his body. The serpent didn't show a facial expression to tell whether it liked the quick flash of lights, but Spyro was surprised.
"Wow, I had no idea you can do that, Ember," Spyro said.
"Where are the others?" Elora asked.
"Flame and Hunter are in the control room with Bianca and many of the other refugees in the ship, even the elders." They started running toward the control room. "Those serpent-thingies are trying to take over the ship's controls to throw it off course!"
"Oh, god! Is anyone hurt!?"
"Just the serpents. I'm surprised that these guys are good fighters!"
"Well, the entire Dragon City had to be put into a huge *DEFENSE* [Elora just knocked another serpent to the ground] mode after that whole Shadow Realm incident, so the dragons started having everyone train for whatever danger is out there, including a bunch of other animals that needed to join the effort."
"So, it's for an advantage point?"
"Yeah, but --" They arrived at the large mission control room, which has loads of computers, even more than the amount the lab had. The biggest screen in the room was ten times bigger than that of a modern-day sports "jumbotrons," but it was backed by other large computers stacked horizontally, in a line of rows. The only thing was, the control room had turned into a war zone.
"Forget it. Just get as many guys as you can and don't think twice about dying!"
Now that the serpents are disarmed, all that is needed for the friendly group to do is to work their way through the enemies, as if the group is a batch of gladiators that are soldiering their way through a raiding tribe of men with barbed iron plates and sharp knives, except that nobody was armed. Almost all of the fighters in the room have no weapons. They need to rely on either magic or hand-to-hand combat.
"You go right," Elora says to Spyro, Sparx, Ember, and Red. "Stop those things from getting to the master controls. We'll go left and cover you."
"Hold up," Chris started, "I ain't goin' anywhere without my girl! You really want me to --" a small knife cuts a shard out of his leather hat and then sticks to the wall behind him. "Well, I'll be an animal in a dead can of meat!"
The two groups separate; dragons part from mammals, and the dragons and the dragonfly flank every enemy that they possibly can while they try to thrust their way to the master controls. Ember and Red spewed powerful pulses from their powers, but Spyro had to rely on his tail, his claws, his wings, his horns, and his teeth, which is strenuous for a small dragon. He had to twist his entire body every time he thrashed an enemy, and if he missed, it was energy wasted on the air.
Dammit, Professor! You just HAD to fall, didn't you!?
Hunter and Flame could now be seen up ahead, both grappling a large scepter that one of the serpents was holding. OH, ****, IS HE A WIZARD?!!?
Spyro ignored the numerous jetpacks that were on the floor and flew into the serpent's face to claw at it. Instantly, the serpent fell, and Spyro then whipped it with his tail.
"Thanks, Spyro."
"Well, he's gotta do something for ya," Sparx said, "doesn't he --"
This time, it wasn't a thud that was heard. It was a BANG! Every serpent on the ship was knocked out at this point, but only 3 other animals laid unconscious. The footing was becoming lighter for everyone there each second, as the center of gravity tilted towards the large map "jumbotron." Supply carts rolled towards the screen, and every refugee in the room needed to hook their fingers onto the computers, or else they'd fall.
Loud sirens and red alarms were also able to be heard. Spyro knows that they were falling to an impending doom, and he doesn't find it a single bit pleasureful.
Suddenly, Sgt. Byrd starting hovering towards Spyro, thanks to the penguin having an ability to fly using his flippers, rather than his jetpack. Spyro started speaking once more. "Byrd!"
"It seems that we need to evacuate again!"
"Yeah, no **** about it! Tell every dragon to take the flightless out of here!"
"They ought to be thankful for the emergency escape hatches! Alright, ladies and gentlemen," he starts saying to the refugees, "we must now cooperate to --"
"Oh, come on!" Spyro interrupted, "DRAGONS, GRAB THE FLIGHTLESS AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, NOW!!!"
Every dragon, falcon, and jay grabbed as many animals as they could carry within their arms and legs before they jolt out of the emergency escape hatches, which are at the sides of the room. One adult pink dragon, a dragon nanny, even said, "Come on kids! It's time to learn to fly! Let's go!" Almost all the kids obeyed, except one. It was taken by the nanny herself.
#17 Posted: 16:56:15 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
When almost every refugee had flown out of the hatches, only Red, Hunter, Spyro, and Sparx remained...at least, it was thought to be so. When Spyro rushed to one of the hatches, he heard a cry coming from a particular stack of wooden crates. "Oh, god, DEREK!" He saw a dragon hatchling with a wing stuck behind the stack of crates.
"Red! Take Hunter and Sparx out of here!"
"Oh, no, I'm not going with this guy!" Hunter said. "You know his past, so you're crazy if you really think that I want to be with a -- "
Red wrapped his arm around Hunter's mouth and faced his other red palm towards Sparx, who was magically pulled to it, all before jumping out of the hatch. Spyro was left inside to figure on how he was to supposed to separate the crates before the ship crashes and explodes entirely.
Wow, I am an idiot.
What made the situation more dire? A lizard with a raptorish face and yellowish skin assaulted Spyro and bounced him onto the floor.
"You're not saving anyone tonight."
"Oh, that's what YOU THINK!"
Spyro started to rumble with the large reptilian that put his beefy claws on him. They both were equally strong physically, and each of them seemed to know the next technique the other would use. If Spyro tried to attack the lizard's head, the lizard would block the attack with his arms. If the lizard tried to punch Spyro, Spyro would block the lizard's attack with his wings. If one of them tried to bite the other, the other would dodge the bite. It was a stalemate.
Spyro was so engaged in the brawl that he didn't even notice that the ship was continuing to fall. He had only noticed when the ship was just about 400 feet from the ground, in which a much louder alarm screeched through the room. Both of their legs felt heavy for a brief moment, but then they felt as if they were on normal ground.
Spyro, having a distraction, was then pummeled by a hook punch and temporarily immobilized, as the ship's structure suddenly started to spit large amounts of water. The lizard stopped for a moment to look at the liquid pouring into the room, and the trapped hatchling bawled on a higher level, as another ginormous waterfall of water flooded the Derek's confined space and as the center of gravity shifted even more to the crates.
Spyro is suddenly lifted by the horn. Oh, god, please don't...
"Well, I guess I don't have to kill you by *SCRATCHING* you!"
Spyro was slammed into the water, his U-shaped, bill-like snout stuck inside the small gap of the crates. The alarms were muffled, so Spyro couldn't hear them well, anymore. He realized that he was truly faced with death, this time.
Please don't do this to me...
He cannot lift his head, and although he can survive a long time underwater, he feels as if the water is trying to seep through his skin and trying to make him fish food. His neck is also being squeezed and pricked with sharp claws. He knows he cannot do anything, for he still does not have his powers. Even the sharp nail at the tip of his tail isn't strong enough to stab the lizard in the chest.
He tries to look at Derek, who, being a dragon, would also be alive at this point. I'm so sorry...
For some unknown reason, just as he had the thought, he was able to move his head again, and the pains from the organic spikes faded away. Spyro quickly lifts his head to surface it, coughs, and sees Flame. The lizard was floating belly-up on the water.
"FLAME? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?"
"We're the fiery duo, remember? We'd light the guy whose fire is dead. Why didn't you come out?"
"Derek's stuck under those crates!"
Before they do anything else, they hear a clicking sound coming from a large boiler in the center of the control room.
"Oh, no."
A large cloud of red and orange heat bursted from the metal cylinders. Since the water was too shallow for them to possibly protect themselves, Flame spewed a magical shield that made the particles of heat swerve past the two dragons. The force from the heat was not that of a simple feather, though. Flame had to push against it as if he were pushing a 1-ton metal door in back on ground, and with the limited power he had, this wasn't easy. His shield almost disintegrated, like Spyro's shield did in the dream. Flame barely managed to hold his place in the air, but he was never hurt; the cloud disappeared ten seconds later.
Spyro was stricken with fear at the moment.
"Man, am I glad you were here," Spyro said.
"Like I told you, if there's a guy with a dead fire, we just --"
Flame gasped noticed that the lizard, still floating belly-up, started moving again. The lizard limply reached to his side to grab a looks to be a golden revolver...without a muzzle. It looks more like a six-cylinder canon. "Flame, what are you looking at?" The lizard points the revolver towards Spyro, who has his back turned to the lizard.
"OH, ****! SPYRO, LOOK OUT!"
Flame moves in front of Spyro, only to be propelled by a 1.2 mm long ball that drove him and Spyro hard into a wall behind them. They were both put out.

---------------
*If this ends up being a video game, I want to point out that there would be an easter egg moment: if Spyro reads through the diary (yes, the player will control Spyro at this point), a sudden wall of text will appear. It'll say what's in HERE: http://fav.me/d7i63fo
**A shot is a metal ball thrown in certain olympic games. GOOGLE IT.
#18 Posted: 11:36:32 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 5: Rebursts of Flame

"I'm dead. Just great. I'm dead. Out of all the days..." said Spyro, as he lies down, front paws on his head. Embarrassed to even open his eyes, he does it, anyway. He sees Derek, the baby dragon he was supposed to save.
"Aw, man! You died, too?"
"No, young one, your journey has just begun."
Startled, Spyro picks himself up. He looks around, but only sees an indigo void, with numerous rocks floating through ambient, turquoise and pastel auras. Some of the rocks had a flat surface, easy enough for anyone to walk on them, but others were crude and can only be hung onto. Oh, jeez, where am I?
Spyro rubs his Shadowstone, as he becomes vexed that he could not find where the voice came from. "Alright, where are you?"
"Fear not, young warrior. You have nothing to worry for. I am only here to aid you for what comes forth."
Aid me for what comes...what?
"I already take kata, so I don't know why you would even bring me here if all you're going to do is blabber me out until time ends."
"That is exactly why I have brought you here. Time is running out for your world, it seems.You are among the only who can assure the world continues to thrive as it is."
"Let me guess, you are the one who's gonna end this world?"
"If only it were so, then I would never need you in my presence."
There is an awkward silence. Well, ****. What does he want, then?
Derek tensed his legs, afraid of the new environment. “Spyro, what’s going on?” Derek asks.
“Just wait, he’s trying to tell me something,” Spyro replies.
"Indeed, and I made you come forth so I can raise your awareness on what is about to befall on your world. It seems like most of the dragons no longer care for what dangers may come forward. They've become nothing more than idle-beings,with no interest in the most essential of knowledgable things," said the mysterious voice.
"You sound like an old history teacher."
"I have all knowledge of what there is to know about existence. It is my moral duty to recollect the events of your world, and all of the other worlds that are beyond our reach. I can also forecast tomorrow's events, if you desire to hear them.”
"Yeah, no thanks." said Spyro, lost in the conversation.
"Very well, but you see, history is a matter of taking life, and placing it into one, massive, piece of literature. It's for a memory, of course. It is what shapes our futures, because behind every piece of history, there is a foundation for something magnificent."
"So what's my magnificence if I need to be involved in this?"
"Right now, it isn't of upmost importance. For now, we must attempt to reawaken the fire that is within your essence."
Spyro looks at past Derek and looks for a magical machine that would possibly restore his powers, but he sees nothing, only the aura and the debris within it. "So, is there supposed to be something that comes by, or what?"
"I suspected that you would have wanted a large contraption that would just simply renew your powers for you, but that is far too simple for you. You must prove your worth."
Spyro groans, “Grrrrreat. What is it that I even need to do?”
“First, you must assist the younger dragon on crossing the large gap ahead of you, but you must do so without tethering him.”
Oh, you've got to be freakin' kidding me.
Spyro dislikes having to be patient for a decent platter of lamb when someone else is cooking it, but this bothers him even more than the time when he had to collect gears scattered on a trolley track.
“What is he tawking about?” Derek asks again, still trembling about the voice.
“He’s saying I gotta get you to that big rock over there without grabbing you, but that’s just crazy. I really can’t see another way I can –“
“There is no need to fear, young dragon. There’s a plethora of glowing debris. You must destroy the stone whose color represents passion and anger. It will form a bridge."
Yeah, keep joking.
"Wait here, Derek.”
Spyro leaps from his large, hovering cobblestone to fly to some of the other stones that are rotating in the space of the mysterious realm. This isn't the Shadow Realm, is it? What a weird place.
Spyro moves in the air to select one of four, far-parted glowing stones. One is red, like a rose. The next one is blue, like water. Another is green, like grass. The last is yellow, like a sunflower.
Spyro breaks the yellow one first, but it wasn't the right stone. The stone brought upon him large strands of yellow lightning. "AAAGGHHHHH!!!!!" The strands stung him as if they were millions of tiny bees joined together to fight the giant who raided their hive.
Okay, not the right one.
Spyro suddenly had the recollection of a story he heard the nanny tell while they were on the ship. "Mr. Stonehead became mad, and his ears blew clouds of smoke as his face turned red." Looks like those stories aren't just good to keep kids happy.
The purple dragon soars to the red stone. Please don't hurt me. He hammers it with his tail, and his Shadowstone pelted against his face, as he flipped with great velocity to break the stone.
Large boulders then started to go into motion, seemingly out of the blue. They all formed a line for the younger dragon to cross, but the line wasn't straight, nor was it connected with walkable surfaces.
"Oh, come on!"
Derek is now pain stricken with fear. He never expected any part of his life to be scary, and the moving stones were the scariest thing for Derek to see for the eternal life to come. When Spyro rushed next to Derek, Spyro couldn't even comfort Derek to make him stop trembling.
"Hey, it's okay," Spyro said. "I'm here for you."
"I wanna go home, Spywo."
"We have to move on, or we're not going to have a home."
"I wish I was DEAD."
"You're not going to die. Come on, pick yourself up and try to make it to the first rock, okay? Do what I do."
Spyro jumped and then extended his wings, but didn't flap them. Instead, he only glided to the first rock.
"Your turn!"
Derek moved his front legs back to squeeze them against his hind legs. He fumbled backwards, but then he gathered his heroic strength to glide across the gap that separates the rocks. Derek slipped as he got to the rock, but Spyro pulled the hatchling to safety.
"You're doing good so far, just keep it up for the next few -- " Spyro sees that new obstacles also appeared out of the blue space. What was once a simple glide-task is now a course of life or death; some of the rocks started moving from side-to-side or in circles, and there was even two fire wheels on the way to the bridge's midpoint.
"WHAT THE HECK, MAN?!?! HE'S YOUNG! HE CAN'T HANDLE THAT SHHH --" Dangit! I can't say it when I'm with this guy!
"Well, you see, he will need to deal with opposing obstacles in your reality. It is better for him to train now than for him to wait until a force attacks him."
I cannot believe this guy.
"I'll tell you when to come to the next rock, okay?"
Spyro flies to the next rock, which is moving in a 10-foot radius. It was Derek's first hard obstacle.
It took Derek a minute to get his courage for the next glide. When Spyro gave him the signal, the hatchling sprung from the staystill rock to the moving rock. Derek landed without slipping, and then they waited to glide to the next platform of rock. They had no problem going through the next few obstacles, though Spyro wondered why there were no obstacles beyond the midpoint.
They were almost at the midpoint. "Okay, you go first," Spyro said.
#19 Posted: 11:39:40 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Derek glided to the next boulder, which seemed to have a bigger surface than all of the other rocks so far, but the surface would be expanded, as all of the pieces of the bridge instantly put theirselves to different paths. All of the other rocks drifted towards the one Derek is on now, and they all connected to each other to form a bigger, massive surface. Even Spyro's rock bulged and threw Spyro off balance.
What' going on? he thought, as he regained his balance by hovering. I gotta get to Derek before things get even we -- "*AH!*"
He tried to heave his way through a shining force field that suddenly blocked his way to Derek. What the... Spyro tried to fly around the force field, to find an opening, but he only crashed into it each time he would swoop to go onto the expanding platform.
Spyro sees goblins sprouting out of the rock.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!?!"
"Well, it's not just the young one that needs training."
"No, this is sick! Just GET MY POWERS BACK SO WE CAN -- " Spyro heard a screech coming from something that sounded like an ill seagull, but when he peered about, he saw reddish, wingless creatures with thin bodies, stubby legs, and beetle-like heads. "OH, NO!"
Both dragons started to flee from the different species of creatures, but they aren't quick enough to avoid at least one attack from each group of creatures.
"What do I do?!?" Derek said.
"Flame those guys!" Spyro said. "Ram them! Do something!"
The flying purple dragon started to whip the thin-ribbon creatures with his tail, having realized that he needs to defend himself. Derek watched in terror; he never put a harmful finger on anyone before, but he must overcome the terror, overcome both the monsters outside and inside.
He decided to conquer the monsters inside, first. He closed his eyes and reached inside the burn the horrid beast within him, and then he opened his eyes. He sprinted around, roasting and toasting all of the goblins, leaving no room for mercy. Spyro is left in the air, starting to slash the ribbon creatures with his claws.
Both of them beat their enemies within a minute, and the force field faded to be no longer visible, nor physical. Spyro was able to join up with Derek once more.
"Are you okay?" Spyro asked.
"Yeah, Spywo."
Thank god.
"So it is true."
Oh, great, what now?
"Listen, whoever you are, are you going to give us more stuff to go through, or are you give me my powers, because if you brought us here just to give us kill courses, I've got news for yo -- "
"Spyro, calm yourself at once!"
He knows my NAME?!?!?!

Derek became scared once more. "How did he know your name, Spywo?" he asked.
"I think he has books that tell our names.” He is some kind of record-keeper, right?
“I in fact have never mentioned books, Spyro, but I’m impressed you’ve come to that conclusion."
Yep, definitely.
“Okay, so I’m the smart one, all of a sudden, but really…are you gonna waste more of my time, or are you gonna help me breathe fire again?"
Three long seconds passed before the voice emerged once more. “You have tested my patience, but seeing how critical the situation is, I shall prepare a platform that will allow your breath to recover. After all, fire is vital for almost every dragon today.”
Finally.
Once Spyro sees the platform, which is illuminating with a red ambience, is brought forth, he goes to stand on it, only to find out that nothing is happening. How the...
“You must connect with your inner self. Only within that can you find your element.”

“’Course,” Spyro replies sadistically.
“Try to imagine yourself defeating the greatest modern threat of Avalar. Feel your passion to strive on top of your enemy. Release that passion to conflagrate every single emotion to excitement."
Spyro closes his eyes. He contemplates the time that he was transported to the kingdom that was to be dictated under a one-horned dinosaur no larger than himself, and how he needed to collect many magical objects, all to confront the villain: Ripto. Spyro remembered that it was during that adventure that he started to learn how to do more things than breathe fire, which he needed for all those times he would stumble and fall to his enemies. He remembered that once he confronted Ripto, because of his minions, Spyro had the greatest desire to burn not just Ripto, but all of the ground around him. In fact, for the one battle, his firepower reigned more supreme than it did for any other battle, and he was passionate about it.
Spyro's expression of passion caused him to levitate from the ground. His wings glowed to show a beamy white. When Spyro opened his eyes, his pupils weren't visible; the scleras were ruby red.
In an explosion, he emited a field of embers from his own body. Amazed, Spyro looks at his own front two legs, which to his surprise, are in a rather harmless state of conflagration. The flames eventually wither, like a candle with little thread left.
"Astonishing! If I beg to differ, I may say that you are more powerful than your friends have admitted!"
"Wait, you know my friends?"
"Why of course, young dragon! I, too, study the accounts of any relation to that of yours, and whatever kind of happenings that pour onto them, as well!"
"Huh. In that case, I guess you know Hunt --" Spyro gasped as he saw that the spot where Derek stood was now a cobblestone with an ashy surface. The invisible record-keeper, Spyro is now assuming that the voice was, had placed the platform so close to Derek that Spyro didn’t know that he’d burn the dragon, even though the dragon turned to stone. After all, Derek had yet to know how to shield himself from fire.
"Do not flatter, Spyro. Shields are formed around your allies as you emit the explosion from your body."
"Is there a name for the explosion that I did, though?"
"It is one of four types of furies."
Furies, huh? Well, I guess that would explain how insane the explosion was.
Spyro still had one question unanswered: "You know, I'm just wondering...why did you bring us here? What did you need to tell us?"
"Your nemesis has fully recovered."
"What? The Sorcerer's back?!"
"Yes, Spyro. He is now bringing all of the world under peril, in search of the ultimate power."
"Wait, I thought he just wanted everyone's magic!"
"He also wanted the one standing behind you."
Spyro looks behind him only to see a transparent spirit of a dragoness, with eyes of freshshallow water, a silvery crystal collar, seven ivory horns, and skin of eminence, with an orchid underbelly. Why would he be after this...beauty?
The dragoness glares at Spyro with a neutral face, which somehow makes her look inimical, but then she revealed her fangs in a grim smile. Uh...what is she doing? Why is she getting close to m -- "OOF!" Why did she whip me to the fl -- "AH!" Oh, no, please don't bit -- "AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!"

---------------------------------

Bonus point if you can guess where Spyro was for this chapter!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:11:30 02/07/2014 by LocoGuy107
#20 Posted: 23:57:01 17/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 6: After the Nightmare

"Oh, my god, what just happened?"
Spyro wakes up from his intense, oddly peculiar nightmare, hyperventilating, paw on his Shadowstone. If he thought that the dream with Hunter randomly shapeshifting was weird, the one Spyro just had now was much more dire.
"I can't believe how messed up my sleep is --" Spyro notices that he's not sleeping in the watch tower, the very place he hoped to be in -- "becoming?" He is now looking at a large space between an oval of trees that defines his location as a random glade in a forest. In the middle of the oval stands the lake that the airship crashed into, and to Spyro's immediate left, Derek.
It was real? But...how did I get out of the ship?
"That was quite a dream, wasn't it?"
Spyro immediately stands up in shock, seeing that it's the same eminence spirit dragon that bit him in the dream.
"Don't worry, Spyro, I won't harm you."
"Wait, you know my name, too?"
"I had very special friends. They were quite fond of me, actually."
"The...how can you even HAVE friends? You're just a ghost that just crept up on me!"
"Well, I --"
"What, were you just waiting to creep up on me so you can scare the living fire out of me? Is that what you wanted?"
"Not exact --"
"Oh, I'm scared now! We're going to have a REAL fight here, between the living and the dead!"
"Would you please -- "
"Ladies and gentlemen! Introducing the weirdest, the spookiest battle the world could ever ask for! On the red corner, we have some weird-ass ***** who wouldn't shut her mouth! And on the blue corner, we have -- *OAW!*" Spyro fumbles to the dry grass. "Did you just hit me with your t --?"
"Yes, and I can hit you again unless you shut your trap and let me tell you what you've had the desire to hear! Do you have that straight in your head?" The spirit is holding Spyro by the neck.
"Okay, (*ack*) you (*ack*) win. (*ack) Just (*ack) don't kill me."
The spirit gives Spyro a dirty look, and then lets go of Spyro. He hacks up enough coughs to make it seem like he's been chocking on a hairball, while he gasps for a life almost lost.
When Spyro regained his life, Derek had a question to ask in confusion: “Spywo, who were you tawking to?”
“He can’t see me, can he?” The spirit asked in reply.
"No, he can't," Spyro says, "but why tell me something that I already got the answer for? Didn't that record-keeper already tell me why he made me have that dream?"
"His name is the Chronicler, and, truthfully, he brought you to the Dreamscape Realm because he wanted to help you regain your lost pow -- "
"Yeah, I get that, but, really..." Spyro looks toward the spheroid contraption, still dumbfounded that he was able to survive the wreck of the crash and the flames of the ginormous explosion. "So, you took control of me while I was knocked out, right?"
"Yes."
"And you saved Derek while you were in my body, too, right?"
"I'm afraid so."
"Why didn't you save Flame?"
"The red one? He was heavily decayed from the projectile."
"So he's dead, huh?" Spyro droops down in despair. He saved my life, and now he's gone...
"I thot Flame was just sleepin' when I saw him," Derek said.
"There's a difference, Derek," Spyro said. He was still curious about the spirit's identity. "So, what were you going to tell me?"
"Oh, right. But, uh, I think we should find your friends first."
"Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You told me that you were going to tell me what's going on, not make me look like some kind of maniac in front of my friends! Now, are you going to tell me what I need to know, or are we going to argue like it's the only thing that makes the world go rolling?"
The spirit exhales heavily, and then says, "You want to know why you're here? Because you happen to be the only one who can bring this kingdom back to its former glory."
"Which kingdom? This is the Dragon Realms, isn't it?"
"Actually, no, it's not. You're in a different kingdom now. You're in a kingdom that used to have quite a pleasant name, but now the kingdom’s become so ruthless that—“
“Spywo? Spyro…” Derek really wants to know… “What’s going on? What are you looking at?”
“Derek, calm down,” Spyro barks. “Okay, now, what were you saying?” now paying attention to the spirit dragon.
“Are you familiar with the Forbidden Realms?” the eminence spirit asked.
“I've heard of it once or twice in fables. Didn’t they say something about the kingdom being under a war so bad that it’s been undocumented, and that it’s not even safe to mention that kingdom, since there’s also like a lot of monsters that can kill and eat anyone with a single bite?”
“Yes, but you’re actually in it right now.”
"Okay, yeah..." She's obviously crazy. "Come, on Derek!" Spyro grapples Derek with his mouth. "Wi gotta go!"
"Wait, Spyro! Don't go!"
"Sorri, I gotth leaf!"
Spyro runs into the brushes of the forest, and is now five horse-lengths ahead of the spirit dragon. Oh, ancestors, he's going to run into trouble if he isn't careful. She sees Spyro run over several hollow embankments, around several trees, and past numerous large rocks, all in an effort to outrun the female spirit.
Spyro then looks back into his distance as he carries Derek around one more rock. He cannot see anything. Might as well put Derek down now... But then he looks back up. "Oh, sh --" How did she... "What do you want from me?"
"If you think you're going to find shelter, you wouldn't survive the first night in this kingdom, so I suggest that if you want to find your allies, you stay near me, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"
The spirit sees that Spyro doesn't give too much of a care. He even smiled sarcastically. "Or, we can just call out for them."
"Call out for them, what do you --" the spirit sees the purple dragon opening a mouth of fire -- "oh, no, don't!"

= = = = = = = =

Bianca, Hunter, Elora, Zoe, and Sparx are walking through a large, temperate forest. Elora's goggles are hung above her eyes, and she's holding a portable magic-detector radar.
"No use," Elora says, "it's not picking up anything."
"Isn't it set to find Spyro?"
"Zoe, even though he's a powerful dragon for his size, he lost his powers when he hit that void."
"Hold on, give me a minute." Bianca stood still to form a posture as if she were to start a dance routine. She the clasps her hands together and starts chanting. "Dou silva esperiaca!" A green circle emits from herself and enlarges through the accommodated wood-trees. Five seconds later, the golden rabbit stands to a proper posture. "Nope, nothing."
"I hope he's okay," Sparx said.
"Well, if I know Spyro," Hunter started, "he should be able to ram a lot of asses before he finally gets a scratch on his face."
"So, yeah, Sparx," Bianca stated with a nervous tone, "don't worr -- wait...." She saw an exploding fireball in the air. The others heard it, but only looked in time to see cloud smoke and hazy ash. "Come on, let's go!" And I really hope nothing's gotten to him, yet.

= = = = = = = =

"Spyro, stop that this instan --"
Spyro fired another fireball in the air, and it exploded like a firecracker. "Sorry, what were you saying?"
"Listen, Spyro, you have no clue what you just caused. If you tried to signal for your allies, I doubt that any of them are nearby, and if you think that nothing will hunt you simply because you are a dragon, then I have some very unfortunate tales to tell yo --"
"Yeah, just tell me this when I'm dead, okay? Come on, Derek." They start walking again.
#21 Posted: 23:57:44 17/05/2014 | Topic Creator
"There are enemies that roam all over this land, Spyro! Do you actually think that you will be safe from harm in a land that ultimately has noltrums, oltums, and berghs?"
"I got my fire back. I should be fi --"
"Hey, Spyro! Over here!"
Spyro looks in the distance of the sound and sees a cheetah, a rabbit, a faun, and two flying lights. "Oh, thank god!"
Spyro runs ahead of Derek, who trips, but quickly gets back up. The small hatchling takes longer to come close to the mammals, but he gets there, nevertheless.
"I'm so glad we found you!" Bianca hugged Spyro.
"Okay, Bianca, you can -- Bianca? Let go, please."
"Oh, sorry," Bianca let the dragon loose.
"Dude," Hunter began, "I heard you talking to yourself."
"What -- over there? No, I was talking to..." Spyro sees that the spirit is no longer in sight, "Derek."
"No you weren't," the hatchling said.
"Are you getting crazy?" Sparx said.
"No, I was really talking...just for practice in case I ever get a girl."
"You never fall in love with anybody," Elora said.
"And don't say Ember as an excuse, man," Hunter said.
"Hey, wait," Zoe said. "Where's Flame?"
"Dead."
"What?" Zoe was shocked.
Wow, this is getting weird, Bianca thought. "Let's just go back to the camp," she said aloud. "Everyone's waiting for you there, and they're worried sick."
All seven of the beings march south, towards the camp that the mammals hoped they had found a good place to settle down. Meanwhile, Spyro wonders who the spirit was, and why she had warned him about land that he thought to be only part of a fable. I didn't even get to know her name...
And on another note, the spirit peered from behind another tree, hiding from the band of allies. Should I have told him? No, too dangerous. It'll have to wait...
#22 Posted: 00:02:21 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
PLOT SUMMARY SO FAR

What's been going on in Spyro: Twisted Darkness so far:

The Spyro mentioned is classic Spyro, but, right away, it gets interesting. The story starts with Spyro, who's wearing a double-dragon amulet known as the Shadowstone, having a strange dream. The dream also has Hunter, who says that he found something in a cave, but that he needs Spyro to go along with him, since there's a special wall that they can only go through if they use the Shadowstone. There, Spyro ends up seeing another purple dragon, slightly bigger than himself, trapped in a crystal. When Spyro tries to free the trapped dragon, the world starts to crumble, making Spyro realize that he and Hunter need to escape. However, Hunter ended up turning into a bipedal purple dragon known as the Sorcerer, a villainous dragon who made a lot of innocent people become trapped in a dark dimension known as the Shadow Realm, making Spyro have the need to have his Shadowstone. Hunter, now the Sorcerer, chains Spyro to the ground, leaving Spyro doomed in an explosion, but then the dragon wakes up.

He talks about the dream with his friends: Sparx, Hunter, Bianca, Ember, and Flame. They couldn't figure out what it meant, though, so it was left as a mystery unsolved.

The night afterward, all six, along with an armadillo named Chris (nicknamed "Bandit"), Ember's boyfriend, are in a watch tower, watching over their hometown: Dragon City, a transformed Dragon Village. Two moles then come in: the Professor and his nephew, Blink. They came in with a Light Gem and a Dark Gem so they can try working this machine that hadn't worked ONCE.

But then the city is attacked by serpents. The attack's so devastating that Elora, a faun, and Zoe, a fairy, needed to escort the seven to a big airship. However, the Professor and Hunter fall from the ship as soon as they get there. They were falling to a void that was reforming the Shadow Realm for the Dragon Realms. Spyro could only save HUNTER!!! HUNTER'S THE ONE HE SAVES, NOT THE PROFESSOR!!! (first post mistake, sorry.)

This made Blink upset when he heard this. He didn't want to deal with anyone as soon as he heard the news, so he escaped to the ship's mobile lab (which, ironically, is as big as a normal lab). Another raid happens, and then everyone in the SHIP needed to escape, but this made Spyro learn that he touched the void; he can't use any of his powers.

Spyro left himself behind so he can try to save a trapped dragon hatchling, named Derek, but a lizard started fighting him as the ship crashed into a lake and started flooding. Flame then came in to save him, but he was shot by a very small missile that knocked him into Spyro, knocking them both into a wall.

Spyro then wakes up to see himself and Derek in a realm with blue auras and floating rocks. A voice tells Spyro that the both of them needed to go through a series of trials before Spyro can get his fire powers back. It pisses Spyro off, especially since Derek's young.

When Spyro does go through the trials, a spirit of a female eminence dragon shows up and bites Spyro, which makes him wake up in a forest, outside of the lake where he ship crashed. The spirit tells Spyro that the voice was the Chronicler, and that Spyro was in the Dreamscape Realms. She also tells Spyro that Flame's dead, but she also tries to warn Spyro that he's in a new, unvisited kingdom, known as the Forbidden Realms. However, Spyro doesn't believe her, so he takes Derek to find the rest of his friends. He finds them, but they thought he was talking to himself; Spyro was the only one who was able to see the spirit.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:22:50 18/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#23 Posted: 00:08:59 18/05/2014
Remember what we said about huge walls of text? smilie
---
A story.
#24 Posted: 02:59:41 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: uttster13
Remember what we said about huge walls of text? :)

Well, I put a plot summary for what I wrote above this post for those guys who be like

TL;DR (too long, didn't read)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:01 18/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#25 Posted: 15:02:05 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
uttster13 put his little message below because I said I lost my PSP.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:51:09 27/06/2014 by LocoGuy107
#26 Posted: 15:12:40 18/05/2014
That sucks dude.
Sorry for your loss.
---
A story.
#27 Posted: 15:05:03 22/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 7: Sparks

The band of seven is just close to approaching the camp. Spyro's walking just fine, but Derek feels as if he's been walking on pins and needles.
"I'm tired! My feet hut!" He said.
"It's okay, Derek," Spyro said. "We'll get there soo -- "
Another thud was heard in the air. The group looked at the sky and saw multi-colored firecracker particles burst in the sky.
"That couldn't be from another dragon, could it?" Hunter asked.
"As far as I know, there aren't dragons that can spit fireworks," Zoe said.
"What if it was Blin --"
This time, a clap was heard. When they looked up, they saw a large ball of lightning puncturing itself before fading.
"Huh..." Elora said in a curious nerve. "We have to go back before the refugees get any trouble."
They start walking again, but one of them had a mind racing with a question. "You know, what if that was another dragon?" Bianca asked. "There's dragons that use lightning."
"All I care is that Spyro's with us, now. He should be able to fend off anyone now that he has his fire back.... That was you, right?"
"Yeah." Spyro looked at the sky where the lightning ball exploded. He hasn't seen the spirit's powers, yet, but she had been able to make physical contact with him. It wouldn't be her, would it? She's just a spirit...
Sparx then noticed that Spyro's wearing a troublesome face of indecision...confusion. "So, if you aren't going crazy, who were you talking to?"
"I was talking to this spirit," Spyro said.
"What did she look like?"
"She had purple skin."
"Wait, is she the same purple dragon from your dream?"
"No. Her skin's darker --"
"Hold on."
Everyone froze as they saw green ogres. They were wearing fabric military uniforms that had a forest color camouflage, all armed with the same baton-like plasma gun that Elora was holding now. The ogres were striding through an accommodation of teepees.
"Search every one of these tents," the leader, who's wearing a leather helmet and has a piece of thick eyewear. "Do not let anyone escape."
For some reason, even though he touched the void, Spyro's special vision had once again overtaken his normal vision. He decides to look around. Dangit, why always at these ti -- "Oh, sh -- ELORA!!!"
A green, furless, blubbery dog, previously invisible to others, emerged from the shadows and bashed Elora on her goat-like face. She toppled to the floor and was almost bashed again; Spyro roasted the dog with a small fireball.
"I heard something!"
Oh, jeez. Did they notice us?
"THERE! WE GOT RUNNERS!"
"Crap!" Elora said. "Come on!"
Spyro bit hard on one of Derek's horns, and the seven were on a chase through the blinding forest. They passed through several bunched pine trees with crispy green patches and several angular rocks with mossy green algae.
"Harmon wants the dragon. GET THE DRAGON!"
"Oh, you really..." Bianca didn't dare to finish the thought. She angled her staff to the ogres, and the ogres fell to five spurting spheres of light.
The others lay eyes on her, as if she just became a dangerous witch. "Well, someone has to flick those guys of --"
Another ogre tosses himself onto Spyro, who dropped Derek. Oh, you did NOT just -- He was about to spit a fire pellet, but the ogre was hit with rays of dancing yellow lines. The being fell to the ground.
"Shut up and come with me." A golden dragon, with a purple spine of shortened ancient knives, came into view.
"Why?" Bianca asked. "What's it to you?"
The golden dragon looks in the direction the other seven came from and sees more ogres. "These damn Gnorcs. Come on!"
Another pursuit was on the way, with the golden dragon leading the mostly-mammalian horde. They zipped past more pieces of earth, soil, and wood, slashing and bashing each Gnorc that emerges unpredictably. They do this until they reach a steep crest of a waterfall.
Oh, crap.
Spyro isn't worried about Sparx, Zoe, or himself; they can fly just fine, but the others cannot survive a fall. The rapid grains of the currents would seem to drag victims down towards the lower pool of sacrifice. An added effect the combusting grains would make are that of anvils, since, from a high distance, the grains of the water will impact the ground as if they were the footsteps from a giant.
Zoe and Sparx look behind. "Uh...what do we do?" Sparx wearily slipped the words from his tongue.
Spyro remembered his new ability. The Fury! "I got th --"
"No, too dangerous," the golden dragon...the Golden Shadow, said. "We'll have to jump."
"You're joking, right?" Hunter said in a censuring manner.
"Nope, but you will go *first!*"
"Oh, ****!" Spyro saw his best large friend fall, not directly to the plunge pool, but to a rock that just juts out of the overhang. Don't hit it, man, don't hit i -- what the... He saw his friend phase through the rock.
"They're getting closer!" Zoe said, as she now tried to fend the Gnorcs with her magic, but her magic only pinched the Gnorcs, unlike Bianca's magic and Elora's gun. Sparx joined Zoe, but his attacks were equally as effective.
"I'll go next," the Golden Shadow said, "then you, and everyone else."
He jumped and morphed into the rock. Did I just hear him slam on something?
He holds onto Derek with the grip of an elder dragon's bite. "Gum on! Less tow!"
Spyro jumps, and he transfers himself through the rock, too. He was glad to see Hunter alive.
Elora, Bianca, Sparx, and Zoe were soon to arrive, but when all of them went through, they were amazed to see more mini-radar systems in such a confined space.
"Another ship, huh? What else is -- wait, BLINK?!"
Spyro saw a blue helmet peering above the top of a cockpit chair. He knows that helmet, though.
"S'up?" The mole spun his chair with a perfect 180-degree rotation to give a smile of disdain.
Jeez, man, it's not my fault that I couldn't save your uncle! Wait... "Okay, I'm just wondering...what the hell just happened back there?" Spyro is asking the golden dragon. "Why were those guys after us?"
"Doesn't matter," the golden dragon said. "Blink, take us to that big green dot right there, 'kay?"
"Roger!"
A violent roll was able to be heard then, as the windshield in Blink's cockpit began to pan its view of the narrow valley ahead to a more aerial view of it. They were rising. Soon, they were 200 feet over the valley, and they started to move over a large plain of barren stone...a mountainside.
“Oh, dammit!” one of the Gnorcs said. “We missed our chance again!”
The leader then walked to the crest to accompany his troop. “We’ll see him again. He always comes back.”
#28 Posted: 14:33:49 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 8: Klontrill

"We'll be landing soon, so get up."
Yeah, like we're idiots.
Spyro's head is now a roasting tree with leaves of unanswered questions. If the questions aren't answered...well...it's hard to imagine what would happen then.
Wait...what are you wearing? The Golden Shadow -- Why the hell do they call you the "Golden Shadow," anyway? ...er...as I was stating, the golden dragon was wearing something that wasn't an elder's amulet...at least, that's what Spyro is assuming. It's like you got one of those things out of one of those decked out buildings...you know, like those little loudspeakers that got a little smashed up so it looks like a disc that has dados, just with that little buggy purple light right th --
"Stop looking at it."
Oh, KAY, Mr. Bossy. Sheesh... He turns his eyes away from the strange, futuristic amulet. Why do I feel like his thing has to do something with my Shadowstone?
Spyro studies the dragon's physical features; the purple dragon is curious to see what advantages he would have over the golden one. So far, he's found that, like Spyro himself, the golden dragon has two horns that point to the sky. The horns, like Spyro's, are of a raw sienna color, relatively the same size as Spyro's. In fact, the dragon was the same size as Spyro himself. The only exception was that of the length of the tail; it's longer. Plus, the spikes from his purpureus spine seem to be sharp, but not knife-like, like Ember's. Well, if he knocks into me, it won't be as painful as...wait...since Flame knocked into me, how come I didn't get cu -- oh dang, you even got a scar on the back of your neck? How'd you get tha --
"Are you always looking at every damn dragon like that?"
"Sorry." ****, man, control yourself.
A few more short increments of time progress through the awakening dawn. A small line of light can be seen coming from the east. This particular light gave a special type of life to everyone in the ship. Heh. One dark night, and now we're gonna get a bright day.
"Okay, we're here," the Golden Shadow said. As the passengers exited the small ship through an open hatch, he said to Blink, "Make sure you go to the west forest so you can get those supplies from the dee --"
"Oh, no, man. I'm pretty sure they don't know how to drive one of those cars in there."
"What are you talking about?" said Elora. "I can drive a hovercar just fi --"
"You know what?" the Golden Shadow interrupted. "You'll just come with me, alright?"
The fellow comrades Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, Elora, Bianca, Zoe, Derek, and the Golden Shadow go through an opened air-base garage hatch. What was behind it wasn't really a hangar, though. It was more of a large hallway. Okay, let's see... 'Northeast Entrance.' What are we entering, a military base? Whoa, those ceilings are kind of high, blue everywhere...I wonder how many old dragons can fly to get on top of each other.... Three, maybe?
I think they can also get a whole bunch of bunnies, fauns, whatever, and make them stand next to each other...probably to get a little line going across the hall...from one end to the other. What is it, like, 40 feet across? So maybe --
Whoa! Check out that smiling orange dragon! I don't care if she's two-legged and out of my league, she look se --

"Okay, you're gonna get in that little thing right there," the Golden Shadow said.
We're at the end already? Dang.
The golden dragon was referring to a reddish-gamboge* hover vehicle with a convertible rooftop. It has four seats, two small wings, a fin-like rudder, and two rear horizontal stabilizers; they're smaller than the wings.
"I'm driving," Blink said, getting in the driver's seat.
"It's a co-pilot vehicle, Blink!" Elora said, shoving Blink to the seat beside him, so she can get the master controls.
"Wow, check out how we're starting the morning!" Sparx said.
"Sparx, please," Zoe the fairy said, as Hunter and Bianca followed suit for the rear seats. "We have to listen to where we're going. I don't know this place, so of we get lost, it's on you."
"She's right," Hunter said. "I can tell that this is a big place just by looking around." He looks down from the vehicle. "WOO, that's a drop!"
"And there's water down there, too," Bianca said.
"Look at all that traffic, though!" Sparx said. "I'm looking at that mongoose right there in that moto-flyer, and -- WHA-OH! She almost hit a big bus, but ducked the flyer under it!"
"Yeah, okay," Spyro said, as he placed Derek on Bianca's lap. "So, 'Golden Shadow,' where to?"
"Just follow me, alright?" the golden dragon sharply replied. "I'll take you to a safe place."
"Okay."
The golden dragon launches himself to spread his tangerine wings. He merges with the busy traffic of dragons and birds, as well as flightless mammals, reptiles, and amphibians. The traffic on that particular level was relatively dense, but the dragon swerved and rolled to narrowly swift through the traffic and conjunct to the northbound side of the wide arial road.
Damn, you're crazy! Spyro now leaped to spread his red wings, with his Shadowstone tugging his neck. No way I'm going to deal with near misses, though. As his friends followed closely behind, air trickled through Spyro's leg pits and between his toes. His eye sockets also received a refreshing cool breeze. Man, I love this feeling!
Lemme just look around again. Let's see...we got more buildings...and they're leveled by floors. There's windows, so of course it's a city.
There's even stairs and bridges? Why do I feel like this is a big mall?
Y'ELLO! CROSSROAD!
There's a food shop over at my left, a camping shop over at my right -- hold on, let me let this guy pass...

"How ya doin', Tanner?" a possum on a moto-flyer said.
His real name's Tanner?
"Good, Tarell. I'm just taking these guys to the hut."
"Newbies, hu --"
"Don't say that!"
"Oh, right, I forgot."
"It's okay, just move on."
"Okay." The possum drove his vehicle in between a large delivery tank and another convertible to join the flow of the traffic.
"Dude --"
"Look, purple, call me anything other than Golden Shadow again and I will rip your throat out. Got that?"
****, this guy's a badass. "Yes, sir." And now I feel like an idiot for wanting to ask what we're "newbies" for.
Spyro would never be satisfied when he cannot even state his concerns. The tree was still burning.
"Why did the yellow dwagon scream at Spyro?" Derek asked Bianca.
"I don't know, Derek," she said.
"Just take a look around," Hunter said. "We'll get there, soon."
They approached the main square, which is in the center of the city. Okay, this is what REAL traffic is about. Check out all of those jams on these leve -- of course you have to change hover zones, silly goose...wait, a goose is using one of those damn cars? Really?
And then there's that little island kind of thing at the middle of the square. What's so special about that dragon?

There was colossal statue that depicted a bipedal elder dragon with an underbelly like that of a garden snake's, but with a texture that is as smooth as silk. It actually looks a little bit edgy, but it looks nice. Funny, though, why does his spine split into two at the head? It looks like two planet orbitals, but with a little bit of spikes...I don't know, maybe it's something to do with light?
#29 Posted: 14:35:07 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
The dragon's snout was comparative to that of teenage T-Rex, but with a little more of a bulge. It is slightly open, as the dragon himself is laying his left hand on his hip and using its right hand to point towards an individual that is nonexistent. He is also leaning forward advisably; the entire statue was shaped as if it were actually a living elder teaching wise lessons.
And you even have a medal. What did you win, a swimming contes --
- Good morning, Klontrill, and welcome to our three-hundredth Anniversary episode of Morning Shadows! -
A large jumbotron with a fire logo was broadcasting a news segment. - As always, I'm your host, Eve Narell, with my co-host, Zak Quamtur. -
Wait, did she just say 'Morning Shadows?'
- It's always nice to be with you, Eve. You know, three-hundred years that we had to do this. Does it ever get tiring? -
- I know, I always thought it was weird that we had to start our own news service since they'd track us down if we used theirs. -
- Well, that's the Shadow Realm for ya. -

We're in the Shadow Realm?
! As a matter of truth, Spyro had no knowledge of the lame natural light coming from the sky. All of the light that was blaring from the sun wasn't as blinding as the light would normally be. The entire sun can be seen, but the sky was not blue; it was more of a plum color.
And I didn't even notice it. How come the jumbotron is in full color? I can even see the yellow signal lights from all these cars. Heck, I went past some traffic lights, saw some dancers wear some light suits, even saw some holiday lights from that food shop. But it ain't the holidays.
The entire city was lighted as if it were a cloudy morning, but the sky was clear and purple. Sheesh, this is just crazy.
- Yeah, I can't believe that many of us had to live in the Shadow Realm just to get better lives.
- Sure beats having a slave life. -
- Yep, and from the looks of our Shadow Cameras, we have a lot more coming in. -

The jumbotron displayed a large assembly of dragons and animals. Wait, didn't we just come out of ther...that's the real world? How are they getting footage from the real world in the Shadow Realm? The animals were unlatched and were marching in a separated line from the dragons, but all of the dragons were chained leg to leg, arm to arm, and wing to wing. Surrounding guards were keeping a closer eye on the dragons, including elders Tomas and Red, as well as a turquoise dragon of a similar size.
"Mommy! My mommy is on TV!" Derek said.
The one with the most chains, however, was Sgt. Byrd, the penguin. He had two collar chain-leashes, and one shackle for each ankle. Guards were holding onto his chains as if he were a predator that was bound to go on a rampage.
- I'd hate to be one of those unfortunate things. - Zak said.
- They're actual people, not just some things. - Eve replied.
- Yeah, but check out that armadillo trying to get at that pink dragon! -
Really, man? You're trying to fight with those guards just so you can get to Ember? They're gonna hold you back, like they're doing right na -- wait, what are they doing?
- Do they have to load those dragons into that big can? - Zak said.
- And they're even doing it with the armadillo, too. - Eve said.
- I guess we have a serious love couple right there. -

The fire on Spyro's tree was now blasting with aggressive energy. Oh, do I have a bone to pick with this -- He suddenly felt wires bind on his entire body, but what he saw was a green energy worm wrap around his legs and his belly. Spyro also started to fall uncontrollably, as the worm wrapped around his neck and tied into his mouth until he finally became blind.
"Yo, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
Spyro felt a force tugging on his horn, as he was squirming to untie himself, but the bind became tighter with every struggle. Even an attempt to scream was useless; he can only muffle his words.
"He's heard enough!"
He was flying once again, but not flapping his wings. He then felt himself being thrown onto a very thin, platic-y carpet before he heard a "pomp" sound from a car door.

= = = = = = =

"You might as well stop the bind spell. We're safe now, aren't we?"
That's what that **** was?
Spyro regained his vision and his flexibility, as the worm unwrapped from Spyro's body. He was even able to regain control of his wings.
Let me just shake these things...okay, they're good.
"Hey, are you okay?" Bianca placed her face close to Spyro's. Hunter and Sparx were next to her.
"No. We had to go through plasma bullets, get on an airship, deal with MORE plasma bullets, get OUT of the airship, run AWAY from plasma bullets...you know, you're lucky you didn't almost die in an explosion. I got KNOCKED OUT when that explosion happened."
"And then you woke up talking to a 'spirit,'" Hunter said.
"What...how did you know?"
"Sparx told us," Bianca said.
"Are you sure you aren't getting crazy?" Hunter asked. "You seem to talk about a lot of weird things lately."
"If I were crazy, then I would have woke up in an insane asylum instead of...whatever this place is." Spyro saw a dimly lit room that resembles a typical living room in a condominium. The room had a lush sky blue color, but because of the Shadow Realm, it was barely visible. The lamps in the room help only slightly to show the true colors of the four yellow-green vases, the three white nightstands, and the two amber couches, one of which Spyro was laying on right now. The only exception the room makes is a concession stand, which has a digital tablet on it and a brown wooden wall with a television behind it. "Hey, bu -- uh... Golden Shadow? Could you tell me where we are right now?"
"I would, but you were about to go on a talking spree when you found out where we really are and what's happening."
"Come on, I'm just asking you something."
"You should ask yourself what happened to your stone."
Wait, what's wrong with my sto -- it's GONE?! "Where is it?"
"Well, that bunny friend next to you told me what happened to it, so I'm having a friend look at it so she can see what to do with it."
"It's safe, Spyro," Bianca said.
"I do need a favor, though," the Golden Shadow said. "I have a friend who needs help picking up some fodder, because his car broke down."
"You smuggle wild food into the Shadow Realm?" Spyro asked. "Why?"
"Just take this pendant, and take the cheetah and get to the southwest exit." Spyro recieved a pendant that looks just like the one the golden dragon is wearing. "You can't fly over the city walls; there's a force field."
"That's nice to know," Sparx said.
"Yeah, let's just get it over with," Spyro said.
"I'll just go back to the dining room, okay?" Bianca said. "The carrots are getting cold."
Spyro branches off from the couch and starts walking towards the entrance of the strange condominium, which is a two-door space. As soon as Hunter closes both doors, the golden dragon took the signal as a safe moment to use the tablet. Never get enough time to do this.
The wall behind him, which had a picture frame that depicts the same dragon that resembles the dragon depicted from the statue, but in a different pose, bulged slightly towards the golden dragon before becoming two separating panels. A black leather chair appeared out of a tube. The dragon sat on the chair, leaning his arms on the armrests, and the the chair moved downwards, into the underground.

----------------
*a type of orange color
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:58 27/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
#30 Posted: 18:22:15 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 9: To the Southwest Gate

"I don't know why he had to be a jerk."
"Believe me, I was screaming the hell out of me when he locked you in the trunk."
As Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx approach the main square once again, with Hunter in a forest green moto-flyer, Spyro notices more of the environment. Did I really miss all this stuff? There was a large screen that promoted gem-infused watches, another screen that promoted a clothings store, another screen that promoted a specific vehicle brand, and even a soda-bottle shaped screen that promoted the most famous brand of soda: Gushe-Cola. I could use a drink, right now, actually.
Another traffic jam on their level almost made Hunter change to a lower hover zone, which would have brought him one step closer to the city's cove, but he fidgeted and stopped short when he noticed the jam on the lower level, too. When he looked up, he even noticed that a jam was present in the higher level.
"Dammit," he said.
Spyro took the time to look at the statue again. "You know, this guy makes me think of the Sorcerer."
"What makes you say that?" Hunter asked.
"Well, even though he has two horns right there," Spyro said, drawing ellipses* around the statue's horns, "this guy's face makes me think of him."
"He doesn't look like the Sorcerer to me," Sparx said.
"That's because you're not seeing five, what, six horns on him?" Spyro replied confusedly. "I don't know, it's been a while."
"Well, that's just you," said Hunter. "I never saw him, so I don't know what he looks like."
"Yeah…"
They started moving again, but were slowed once more, in front of a vegan restaurant with leafy green plants and decorations. Suddenly, they saw a sloth speak with a tapir,* who parked their two-passenger vehicle in front of the restaurant. "I'm serious, man!" the sloth said. "They were going to shoot us dead in the head!"
"Well, we gotta get money for Tanner," the tapir said. "He's the only one who cares about those poor slaves and stuff like that."
"I'm glad for that, too," the sloth said, bending over his back to rub his hands on the floor. "I got a family back in the real world, and they can't get a good life because of that snake."
"And yet, they want us to practically worship that guy."
"Harmon isn't even a good name for him. He wants us to be healthy and happy, but all those dragons he's killing…I swear, he gives everyone good food and then he treats the dragons like crap." The sloth grabs a large sack that looks to be filled with heavy rocks.
Are those gems? Spyro thought.
"And then he treats potential rebels like crap."
"And since my parents were involved and killed a lot of those snakes, the rest of my family and every other sloth in the real world can't even walk into a grocery store without getting thrown..."
The words become faded, as the two mammals go into the restaurant.
"Oh, damn," Spyro said. "You heard that too, right?"
"It's like a freakin' death camp," Hunter said.
"Crimes against dragons."
"No doubt."
"You know what I don't get, though?" Spyro came back in. "We had to get that new ride for you since someone stole that damn convertible!"
"Oh, it wasn't stolen."
Spyro, Sparx, and Hunter look to their right and saw a yak driving a white moto-flyer with teal stripes.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Hunter asked.
"Everyone shares their vehicles around here," the yak said.
"Why is it that people need to 'share' vehicles?"
"You're new here, huh? Well, people need to share vehicles because we don't have a lot of money as a rebel force."
"Oh, come on, really?" Spyro said.
"Believe me," the yak started speaking again, "I don't know how it is that one dragon was able to start a resistance and suddenly over a million people got to live in a more peaceful city."
"Is there even a police in this city?" Sparx asked.
"Well, there's a whole lot of heartless guards in the real world; they shoot anyone who's causing even a little bit of trouble, but here, everyone's their own police. If anyone notices something really wrong, we don't shoot the problem, we try to talk it out."
"But what if a guard ends up coming in here?" Spyro asked.
"That's when we shoot," the yak said, tossing up a different kind of rifle. It wasn't a thin baton like the ones Hunter's seen before. This gun looked a little more bulky, but it certainly wasn't a steel bar, since the yak's holding it in one hand. The metal coating on the gun was shiny and smooth, like water, and its red light has a fiery glow that's brighter than the blue light on Hunter's baton.
"Dang, that's a big gun," Sparx said.
"The Renegade Snapper. It's powerful enough to send a man to the moon, and it's better than that little baton on your quiver."
"At least I can get somewhere with the Marching Rifle!" Hunter said.
"Whatever," the yak said, "but you have the dragon. Instead of bullets, he can use...whatever he breathes."
"I breathe fire," Spyro said.
"Those are your bullets," the yak said. "In some cases, dragons are more powerful than guns."
Traffic cleared for them, and while Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx got out of the busy boundaries of the main square to continue their venture to the gate, the yak went his separate way. Just as the yak almost disappeared around a corner, Spyro saw a small yellow specticle of light on the yak's Renegade Snapper. It reminded him about the golden dragon.
"You think that guy's doing a good job looking over my stone?" Spyro asked Hunter.
"For all I know, I hope we can still use it," the cheetah answered, revving the moto-flyer's accelerator handle to pick up speed. "My family's probably stuck in the Shadow Realm, again."
"I have still have a few things going for your brother, though."
"Look, Kasi didn't know any better, okay? I'm surprised he never tried to scratch you after you put him in jail."

----------
*an ellipse is a circle
#31 Posted: 18:28:35 31/05/2014
This .....youre going good
#32 Posted: 22:07:03 01/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, glad you like it so far!

Is there any questions you'd like to ask me, though? Like what's the deal with the whole multi-level city of Klontrill or anything like that?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:57 02/06/2014 by LocoGuy107
#33 Posted: 06:12:04 05/06/2014 | Topic Creator
[Originally, I was going to band the upcoming part with chapter 9, but I realized that it would have been too many days for the original chapter to be finished. Chapter 9: To the Southwest Gate was cut short to keep up with the time.]

CHAPTER 10: The Underground

As the cheetah and the dragonfly were scanning the environment, finding pine trees once every half-block, the purple dragon was recollecting the events from his most recent dream, not caring to notice a train zooming on a monorail track. 'He also wanted the one standing behind you.' What does she have to do with the Sorcerer? Is she some kind of witch dragon or something? It had troubled him dearly. Spyro had never thought of so many questions to go unanswered before. For instance, the spirit dragon had tried to warn him about the dangers of the new realm, but she had to strangle him just so he can receive the message. Spyro had never met anyone who'd strangle him for the sake of spreading a caution, and he wondered why a spirit would do such a thing, and even how a spirit can do such a thing.
Spyro had another concern. Her skin... "You know, I think that people might have called her a black dragon," he said to Hunter.
"The spirit?"
"No, the ghost of the Sorceress -- YES, the spirit!"
"Sounds like she could have worked with the Sorceress."
"I don't think that's what it is, even though she choked me when I met her."
"How can a spirit just squeeze your neck like that?" Sparx asked.
"I know, right? She even told me not to go ahead and spit fireballs, but I was like, 'I don't care what you say, I'm just gonna do whatever the freak I want.'"
"What's so special about her, anyway?" Hunter asked.
"All I know is that the Sorcerer was after her."
"So she's like a source of dark magic or something?"
"I don't know, she just came out to say that we're in this kingdom called the Forbidden Realms, and then I just started running away from her."
"Sounds like you were scared of her," Sparx said.
"For some reason, I want to see her again," Spyro said. "She said that I'm the only one who can bring this whole place 'back to its former glory,' but I don't see what I have to do with anything."
"So you want to know what's going on, huh?" Hunter said. "I feel ya. I'm still wondering how that yellow guy got his own army to live here."
Spyro thought of what the history of the eminence dragon might have been. He wondered if she had ever actually been on the dark side, but he didn't have enough decisive evidence to be sure about it. This further troubled him. You know, I didn't even get to know her name.
They arrived at the southwest gate, which looked almost just the same as the northeast gate, but there was hardly anyone else in the neighborhood of rich, black brick buildings. Heh, who puts medieval in a futuristic city? The gate, however was shut, and it wasn't opening.
Sparx was the first to break a temporary silence. "So, what, we just go in there, or..."
"Psst! Hey! Over here!"
Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx turn themselves to point their noses towards the same orange bipedal dragon Spyro had seen when he was walking through the northwest entrance. She was standing in the corner of an alley that was just 15 yards right from the gate.
"I'll take you to where you need to go," she said. "Just come with me!"
Hunter parks his moto-flyer and walks with Spyro and Sparx to approach the orange dragon.
"She has another one of those --"
"Yeah, I know, Hunter," Spyro intervened. How many of those pendants are there?
The way it looked on her, the pendant looked more like a fashion accessory than a pendant. The pendant expresses a deep passion within herself, as if another dragon exists over her original self. One might say that the pendant reveals her true self, like she cannot bear to live without it.
"So, hey," Spyro begins to speak, "you're gonna tell me why that gate isn't opening?"
"Resistance rules: new recruits can't get their first errand run until they go through the drill."
"There's a drill we have to take?"
"I'm kidding. You two seem to know how to handle yourselves already."
"Then why do we need to go this way?" Spyro asks, as he and his two comrades begin to follow the dragon.
"We're bringing you back to the real world, but we have to go underground so we don't get tracked."
"But how come we didn't get tracked when we were going into the city?"
"That ship can morph itself between the Shadow Realm and the real world. It's actually pretty cool for a thing that doesn't stand a chance against a tanker."
"What about -- "
"Hold on." They stopped in front of an ordinary steel door, just 10 paces from the dead end of the alley. What the heck is -- The orange dragon knocked on the door twice before elbow-jabbing, wing-slashing, and head butting the door. The door then opened to the side and disappeared into the doorway. Oh, so it's an elevator.
"Come on, I have people waiting for me down there."
The four go into the chamber, which closed upon entry. Two screens on opposite sides of the door illuminated with various shades of the living colors. A keypad appeared on the right screen, and an advertisement for Gushe-Cola appeared on the left screen. A TV in an elevator? Really? The orange dragon touched several areas of the keypad screen, and then the elevator started moving.
"What do you think we're going to see down there?" Hunter asked.
"Dragons," Spyro said, "and a whole lot of them."

= = = = = = = =

"Yep, knew it."
The elevator door opened, and outside of the metal chamber were seemingly endless lines of two-legged reptilian beasts with horns of an ox, claws of a lion, wings of a bat, and scales of a crocodile. Like the screens, the dragons had different variations of bright hues, and the mixture of the skins made the training hall look like a live painting. The only object that was making the piece of art look less than colorful was the pendant Spyro was wearing; every single dragon in the room was wearing one. Damn.
Spyro scanned the indoor horizon and saw a zebra-striped dragon giving commands. "CLAW THRUST, GO!"
*KIYA!*
"Now SLASH 'EM!"
*KIYA! OUS!*

So far, Spyro had seen the dragons thrust cupped hands, claws exposed, to the air in front of them, and he had seen them slash the air, too.
"LIGHT IT UP!"
The dragons squatted and placed their arms into chamber, and all of them spat great balls of fire. Spyro became shocked to see that, because he's heard that dragons only have elemental powers that match the expressions of their skin. A rough green dragon should have spewed a sphere of earth, but instead spewed a sphere of burning minerals, and a wintry blue dragon should have spewed a marble of ice, but instead spewed a marble of sizzling energy.
#34 Posted: 06:13:40 05/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Spyro sees that the activity is routine. "Is it always like this down here?"
"The training grounds?" she answered. "Nah."
"Then why do all these guy --"
"Hold on..."
"BACKFLIP KICK!"
*HEEYA!*

"Hey, Z-bro! Got more recruits!"
The zebra-striped dragon looks upon Spyro's face, which allowed Spyro to notice the now predictable: another pendant. Okay, where's their factory? The large dragon then turns back to the crowd. "Alright! Kick each other, but don't kill each other!"
*OUS!*
The assembly of warriors formed pairs and started to jab and punch one another in the chest, the belly, and the face, as the zebra-striped dragon walked closer to Spyro and Hunter. The zebra-striped dragon was almost as thin and tall as the orange dragon, but had green eyes, a charcoal spine, and onyx wings, which were definitively different from the orange dragon's beige eyes, pale spine, and roseberry wings.
The zebra dragon turned to Hunter. "Sorry, I didn't notice the newbies."
"Hey, WHOA! PUT HIM DOWN!" The dragon was shaking Hunter's hand violently so that Hunter was shaking off the ground.
"Hey, easy!" the orange dragon said.
Z-bro lets go of the cheetah. "Dammit! Always the lightweights. Why are all of these mammals so damn light?"
Hunter arises from his fall. "You want me to climb up your back and bite your --"
"I can tell you're gonna lose," Sparx said.
Something snapped in Z-bro; he looked as if he was pretending to be the dissatisfied audience who suddenly had an admiration for a good show (no clapping was done, unfortunately). "You're feisty," he said. "You got a good one, Bailey."
"I'm surprised you said nothing about the purple guy, yet," Bailey replied.
"I'm done with making fun of small guys," he said.
"Good. You're finally giving life to kids."
"Ah, come on, I'm 120 years old!" Spyro said.
"That old, huh?" Z-bro said. "How come you're not tall like me?"
"It's probably part of the whole 'rare purple dragons' thing," Bailey said.
"Wait, purple dragons are rare?"
"I told you that for over 200 years!"
"Oh, right. I keep forgetting.... You know, because of the whole war and stuff."
"You think? Anyway, we have to get these guys some new stuff and show them where to go afterwards."
"Give them a tour of the place, too, right?" Z-bro asked.
"Well, if you don't want to do it, that's fine. I mean, I know how much you like these -- "
"Nah, I'll do it, this time."
"You're gonna put me in charge again? I haven't done this thing in a while."
"Ladies have to get some work done, too, don't they?"
"That, and it's a --"
"'Share economy,' yeah."
Is this gonna end soon?
"Yo!" Z-bro said. "Cheetah! Purple! Come on, let's go."
Finally!
They, along with Sparx, walk through an automated glass door, which slid open among entry. Bailey stayed behind, and Spyro heard her say, "OKAY! YOU'RE READY FOR SOME FORMS?"
*OUS!*
Damn, they're so freakin' loud.
At the moment, however, the heat pipes in the hallway were slightly louder than the muffled shouting coming from the now shut glass door, which, thankfully, wasn't ear-deafening. Since Spyro was now with a reliable dragon, in a damp hallway with indigo plaster walls, he felt that he can get questions answered, starting with the most practical one: "So, a yak told me that my fire is my 'gun.' What is he talking about?"
Z-bro answered, "Well, you know those plasma guns?"
"Yeah."
"And you know how some of them shoot 10 balls a second or something?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You can actually use...what else do you use? Lightning? Ice?"
"Used to do both. I'm just stuck with fire, now."
"Well, you can use fire like that guy's using lightning."
Z-bro was pointing to a young quadrupedal yellow dragon, who was spurting the same rate of particles Z-bro mentioned. The young dragon was hitting every target: cardboard cutouts of gnorcs, some of them active and moving targets rather than static and standstill targets. He even shredded one popup serpent that had the shade of the black mage. The young dragon felt the most rewarded when he gazed at the shards of the black serpent, but one phrase clashed his happiness: "Oh, ****!"
Please don't tell me that's him, he thought. He turned around and saw two familiar faces: that of a purple dragon and that of his cheetah friend, walking alongside the yellow dragon's closest friend: the zebra-striped dragon. "Great. ALWAYS when you want to give a tour of the place! You know I want to do this stuff on my own, with nobody around, but --"
"Wait," Z-bro said to the yellow dragon, "you know this guy?"
The yellow dragon used a second to calm himself. "Got him from the Snapping Forest." The yellow dragon looks at Spyro. "Guess I should tell my real name, now." He shakes Spyro's front paw with a passionate gesture. "Tanner."
"Kind of got that from all the people talki -- "
"I don't care what people say," Tanner said, letting go of Spyro's paw. "I just want your name."
Still a badass. "Spyro."
"Hunter."
"Spar --"
"Yeah, okay," Tanner intercepted, as if he considered the dragonfly unimportant. Still, the golden dragon wondered why Z-bro brought the purple dragon and the yellow cheetah to the underground shooting range in the first place. "So, you're giving them the tour?"
"I was actually thinking that you can go ahead and show the little guy the whole 'gun out of our mouths' thing."
"Well, I already did something...let's see what the guy's got."
Tanner pressed a button that made all of the cardboard shards fall into hatches because of vacuums. A timer appeared on the far wall in the range.
"Just don't hit any dragons, mammals, anything that doesn't have a red border around it."
"'Kay."
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#35 Posted: 09:01:03 06/06/2014
Cool! I played a few of the classic Spyro's, the GBA;s as well as Shadow Legacy and Hero's Tail. I find it cool the way that you are kind of bridging the gap between the last classic and the first TLoS game. Also, the story is nice!
#36 Posted: 22:53:08 06/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SpyroinDraenor
Cool! I played a few of the classic Spyro's, the GBA;s as well as Shadow Legacy and Hero's Tail. I find it cool the way that you are kind of bridging the gap between the last classic and the first TLoS game. Also, the story is nice!

Thank you! Something I want to point out, however, is that this is meant more as a sequel that gives a resolution to Spyro: Shadow Legacy's cliffhanger, even though it gives references to The Legend of Spyro. (Speaking of which, were you able to figure out who the spirit was? Let me know in a PM.)
#37 Posted: 02:04:39 13/06/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 11: Return to the Light

Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx were brought to a tubular machine known as the Shadow Portal, a dimensional portal. To the immediate right was large console, with amples of shining buttons and illuminating flat-panels.
And just above the mainframe was a very small energy chamber with a stone stuck inside of it. The stone has a red dragon and a blue dragon, which attack each other in a spiral.
"Is that my Shadowstone?" Spyro asked.
"That's actually another one," Tanner said.
"I thought there was only one of those things," Spyro said.
"There's actually five, from what I've heard. Someone told me that one of them is called the Master Stone."
"Really?"
"Yeah," Tanner said, as he placed his paws on the console, as to prepare the machine. "It's supposed to open up this door for an abandoned medieval cave, but you need these soul gems to get in."
"Have you ever tried finding them?"
"Look," Tanner said, vaulting off of the mainframe, "I go for need to go for, not for something that is so sacred to its ancient people."
"I thought you said it was medieva -- "
"Sparx, don't."
The large tube opened by a half-turn of two separating glass panes. It was large enough for Spyro, Sparx, and Hunter to fit in, so they all went together, as the door remained open.
"Okay, so you should find Rasheed by a big pond with a dark gem coming out of it," Tanner said.
"Anything else you want to tell me, like what this damn thing's for?" Spyro asked, referring to his metallic pendant.
"Just take this toolbox, go past several trees, follow the tank tracks, don't pass the broken arrow signs that say 'to Klontrill' and 'to the Volcanic Valley.'"
"There's a volcano in this kingdom?"
"I'll give you a GPS later. Just make sure you don't get caught."
Tanner pressed a button on the mainframe. The panes rejoined, rendering all but Tanner isolated. A whirring can be heard from a combustion engine just beside the tube.
Worms of trickling electricity swerved around the inner edges of the chamber. They raced with more velocity as the clock ticked by. The engine's whirring became deafening. I really hope that this doesn't kill us.
The revolutions became violent. The light intensified to shine a million times greater than the sun; Spyro and his friends can no longer see the room. Their hearing was also ringing.
The energy became a simple light wall. Their horizon seemed to be a simmering emptiness. I can't even see... The wall suddenly wrapped itself around Spyro. OH --

= = = = = = =

"We're almost outside," Hunter said.
"You know what's funny, though?" Spyro said. "Gnorcs use the same place in the real world."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I saw some of them shoot those plasma guns at cardboard dragons."
"How the hell can that happen?" Sparx asked.
"I've been getting this weird vision for a while now. It lets me see stuff in the Shadow Realm without me going there."
"But I'm guessing that it was the other way around when were back there," Hunter said.
"Yeah, but you should've seen some of those guys. They shot some dragons that were 500 feet away!
"They hate you guys."
"And they give 'bonus points' to whoever shoots Tanner."
"He's wanted!" Sparx says. "We got an outlaw in the wild, wild weh -- "
"Okay Sparx," Spyro says, "you have to cut down on the whole armadillo thing."
"Well," Hunter stated, "you guys had that whole thing that you thought armadillos were the dirtiest things in the world, like many west people are."
"And we sure were wrong about that."
"Yep. They definitely aren't wild."
A door can now be seen in the distance. The three had traversed numerous corners without seeing any enemy; it was quite strange for them.
"Anyway, getting back to the Gnorc thing..."
"You think they're wild or something?" Hunter asked.
"Just this one guy," Spyro said, as they were now at close hand to the exit. "He's called the 'lit' Gnorc. Unlike the most of the others there, who wear forest camos, this guy wears orange fire camo. I don't know why he'd do that if he'd be caught so damn easily."
"Yeah, let's just go."
Hunter pushes the latch to open the door, revealing a sky with wads of cotton. The cotton is just above a shiny green forest crest, which looks to have a more welcoming feel now that there is normal lighting in the world.
"You know," Hunter said, "I don't care if it's cloudy. I'm glad to see the blue sky again."
"We still gotta get Rasheed, though," Spyro said. "You got that new archery set?"
"Come on." Hunter grasps a black bar from his back and flicks it, turning it into a bow. For extra precaution, he reaches to his quiver to retrieve an arrow with a glowing blue tooth for an end. "I gotta say, I like these explosive arrows."
"Better than that baton, right?"
"Hate guns with my life."

{}{}{} {}{}{}
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:59 15/06/2014 by LocoGuy107
#38 Posted: 01:41:06 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 12: An Old Folklore

Some say that there was once a land in which all kingdoms were divided. Five kingdoms, that was.
There was Avalar, a valley of vast greens and distended patches of grasses.
There was the Tall Plains, a series of plateaus risen to the heavens.
There was Munition's Forge, a mountain range similar to the Tall Plains but was consisted of luscious stones and minerals.
There was the Swamplands and the Old Forests, said, by the names, to be ancient (though murky in the day, they have the most beautifying, the most luminous forages that shine in the night).
Much of the other land consisted of nothing more than pastures and meadows.
All of the lands had respective clans.
Avalar belonged to cheetahs, who were conservators of life and the environments about them.
The Tall Plains belonged to Atlawa, a people in tune with the rhythms of the seasons, who also focused on their relationship with crops, their surroundings, and their gods.
Munition's Forge belonged to moles, a people who had expertise in crafting advancing technologies.
The Swamplands and the Old Forests belonged to apes, mercenary warriors that had were skilled in using a variety of war tactics.
The other land belonged to dragons, normally large winged beasts that were able to easily manipulate sorcery and magic.
All clans were, at first, peace-loving and harmonious with one another, never intruding the lands in which they did not belong.
But then conflicts arose. Swords clashed into the flesh of every type of skin imaginable. All warriors hungered for battle, but the many others were left in fear.
Until the first alliance formed.
The moles made peace with the dragons. Together, they formed even finer crafts, since the dragons' fire and magic made the moles' metal more malleable. Some of the crafts were finer than the richest soil on the earth, and the first dragon city was built because of their alliance.
Once it was learned, all of the other clans decided to settle their differences and to halt their war efforts, since they felt that the unity rendered their battles no longer needed. The Atlawa and the cheetahs decided to become isolated once more, but the apes, however, became jealous of the alliance.
Since the apes had the purest metal in the world, they wanted to contribute their supplies to the alliance. The dragons and the moles accepted the offer, and the triple-body alliance soon became the most powerful bond there was to all societies. The strongest weapons were able to be forged. Cannons even began to emerge.
Unfortunately, this was not to be. Betrayal soon fell in the alliance. Since the unity resulted in the dragon lands having open trade borders, the apes snuck their armies through the lands and joined forces with the pirates in the Badlands and Smuggler Bay, both of which had many creatures that made a hard living for anyone who wanted to dwell in the lands.
This was done out of greed; the apes wanted gold. They had no desire for a true alliance, and when the dragons learned of this, they were more than happy to accept another sudden alliance with the cheetahs, so they can drive the apes to the barren lands.
Most thought that the apes wouldn't be able to survive in the Badlands or in Dante's Freezer. Surprisingly, they were able to live against the climates of both lands, and they had tried to re-enter the dragon lands several times. Many times, the attempts would be by force, but in a few minor cases, they would try to re-enter in a civil, diplomatic way.
At this time, no purple dragon existed. There were also no instances of dragons that go beyond the basic shades of red, blue, green, or gold.
However, when the first purple dragon was born, everything changed.

{}{}{} {}{}{}
#39 Posted: 05:39:29 16/06/2014
I suggest just to press simple "Enters" at cartain places, andmaby tore pieces of text in two posts.
#40 Posted: 12:42:32 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
I suggest just to press simple "Enters" at cartain places, andmaby tore pieces of text in two posts.

Well, I have a note on the top that says, "better viewed on deviantART." It has the indents there, at least.
#41 Posted: 14:25:43 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
SUMMARY FOR CHAPTERS 7-12

Spyro and Derek found his friends Hunter, Sparx, Bianca and Elora, and were headed off to their local camp, where the others were sure to be waiting. Unfortunately, once they get there, they notice that a few green ogres, called Gnorcs, were invading the camp. Spyro and his friends were trying to stay quiet, out of sight, but were attacked by a Shadow Lurker that suddenly emerged into the real world, which called attention to themselves.

As they were being chased, a golden dragon, who called himself the Golden Shadow, led them to a particularly small airship. Surprisingly, Blink was the ship's pilot, so he took them to the northeast entrance of the so called "Forbidden Realms's" main trade city: Klontrill.

There were many sights to see for a city that doesn't have a flat ground; flying is encouraged in the city. However, even though it's a flying-focused city, multiple-level platforms existed for the flightless, as well as hover-vehicles. All of the peace-loving residents didn't seem to mind, though. They adored the place, but to Spyro, Klontrill was his dream city. He loved every breeze he got as he was flying. With the rest of his friends, who took up a convertible hover-vehicle (the Golden Shadow was flying, though).

The strange fact, however, was this: the fact that the peaceful side of the city is in the Shadow Realm. He learned this as he watched a news broadcast that was being shown on a jumbotron by the main square (ironically, the square had a large statue of a dragon that, for some reason, reminded him of the Sorcerer). Because of that, and because of the footage that shows many chained dragons being transported, from the same entrance Spyro entered from in the Shadow Realm, into armored vehicles (Ember and her armadillo friend Chris were included), Tanner locked Spyro in the convertible's trunk until they arrived at their destination.

When they arrived, Spyro asked the Golden Shadow if he can do anything about the now naked Shadowstone. The Golden Shadow said that he'll have someone look over it, so he took Spyro's Shadowstone and replaced it with a metal pendant with a purple bud in the center (the golden dragon was wearing one, too).

The Golden Shadow then tasked Spyro to go with Hunter and Sparx to the southwest entrance of the city. There, they met an orange dragon Spyro had noticed when he was walking through the northeast entrance: Bailey. She took the three to their underground training facility, which had a colorful assembly of dragons (all dragons were also wearing a pendant) being trained by a zebra dragon, named Z-bro. He gave Spyro and his Co. a tour of the place, but unexpectedly ran into the Golden Shadow on the way, who was practicing shooting cardboard Gnorcs in a shooting range. He was upset, because he wanted to practice in private, but he suddenly felt like he had to trust Spyro, so he gave Spyro his REAL name: Tanner.

Spyro himself gave a shot at shooting the Gnorcs, but his special multi-dimensional vision took over last-minute, and he was able to see what the facility looked like in the real world: a "Gnorcs pummel dragons" training facility.

Tanner then took Spyro, Hunter and Sparx to a special part of the facility, which had a machine that was powered by a Shadowstone. When Spyro saw the Shadowstone, he was dumbfounded. He thought that it was his own Shadowstone, but it was really another. Tanner explained that there's actually five Shadowstones in the world, one of which that can use three sets of four Soul Gems to open a supposedly ancient tomb. Tanner wasn't sure what it was for, he just wanted to bring the others to the machine so they can return to the real world and find one of Tannner's comrades: Rasheed.

Spyro and his two friends are now in the real world, but Spyro wonders what the tomb is for. He also still thinks about the spirit; he continuously wonder who she was, and why she tried to warn him about his upcomings.
#42 Posted: 14:45:47 16/06/2014
Better.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#43 Posted: 22:34:45 16/06/2014
I will read it later okay. :D
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Eternal Sunfury Blue Sparx Gems: 664
#44 Posted: 19:12:01 18/06/2014
This is very good. Keep up the good work
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
#45 Posted: 18:47:33 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 13: Rasheed

"Okay, there's that sign."

"Wait, he just told us to look for the pond by finding that sign."

"Yeah, where is that pond?"

Under a deep huddle of towering wood-plants, Spyro, Hunter and Sparx found a sign that had two LED arrows, each lighting the destinations of their directions, according to a built-in compass system. To the Volcanic valley...4 miles/6.4 km, west. To Klontrill...1 mile/1.6 km, northeast. Of course the arrows need to be LED. It's 2427.

They just came from the northeastern path, but there was also a marked south path whose arrow is nowhere to be found.

"You think that'll lead us to the pond?" Hunter said, pointing in the southern direction with his right hand, holding the toolbox with his right hand and his bow with his left.

"You know what?" Spyro said. "I'll just get on one of these trees, see what I can find."

"Okay."

With a quick pulse of his wings, Spyro lifted himself from the soil of the Snapping Forest, soaring to the high branches with breakneck speed. His silver metallic pendant didn't give him the same tug that his Shadowstone did, but on his way, he passed numerous colorful forages growing on the sculpture-like trees. Many of them were crystalline blooms that glimmer colors that would make an unknowledgeable individual assume a figment of imagination. However, the dragon's focus was on a hole in the heightened branches; he only had one thought on the environment: Damn, these trees have so much moss.

When he brushed through the branches, receiving only minor stings, he saw an ever-going horizon of greens. This is a big place. He wanted to stay where he was, hovering over the evergreens, feeling the wind trickle through his pits, especially his wing pits, but he had a mission. Okay...pond, where are yo -- wait, is that it? Surprisingly, the "pond" he was looking for indeed have a dark gem...a rather jumbo-sized gem. It's a freakin' LAKE!

"SEE ANYTHING UP THERE?" Hunter the ant-sized cheetah yelled from the bottom of the trees.

"I'm just wondering...CAN YOU SEE THE DARK GEM FROM THERE?"

"THERE'S TOO MANY TREES! IS IT BIG?"

"YEAH!"

"Oh, dang! I gotta see --"

"STAY THERE! I'M COMING BACK DOWN!"

= = = = = = = =

"Whoa," said Hunter, toolbox and bow still in hands, "you weren't kidding when you said it was a lake."

"It's a deep one, too," Sparx said.

The lake was almost six times larger than the one the large airship crashed into. More gleaming forages can be seen by the edges of the glade.

At a far side of the lake was a colossal dark gem. If anyone were to make it a tower, it's likely that a Spyro wouldn't be able to save the potential damsel in distress, since he lost his teleportation powers.

There's also a hover-pickup buggy with a damaged, smoking hood and a cage full of wild, bleating sheep. As Spyro aimed his eyes to them, the sheep started to "baa" more intensely. Rasheed, however, was nowhere to be found.

"You know where that guy might be?" Hunter asked Spyro.

"I don't know why, but I'm thinking he might be getting seaweed in there."

"Spyro, I really don't thin -- "

"There's seafood restaurants in that city!"

"Really?"

"You never noticed it because you guys just saw the vegan restaurant, but I saw a seafood restaurant on the way, and you know, seaweed's good for either --."

"Doesn't look like a salt lake to me," Sparx said.

"There might be a cave that has a lot of salt water in it."

"Spyro, you'r -- "

"Just untie this thing from my neck," Spyro, referring to his metal pendant, interrupted Hunter. "I don't know how this thing wo --"

"You really think I'm down swimmin' in that drink?"

From the trail which the trio arrived, a large, khaki-colored squirrel-faced rodent, with thick whiskers, revealed himself.

"Oh crap," Sparx said, "it's a swamp rat!"

"WOW, the fly don't know I'm a muskrat!"

"So you're Rasheed?" Spyro asked.

"Born Rasheed, grew up Rasheed, livin' Rasheed…"

"Yeah, okay."

Rasheed walked out of the shadows. He was carrying a fiery orange baton (which is clearly different from Hunter's blue baton). Did we bring the toolbox for nothing? His fur was dense and wet; the sun made his hair shine as if it were the lake itself. I don't get it. If he swam, how come he isn't wearing scuba --

"'Ey, its alright. I'm semiaquatic."

"Oh."

"I gotta get wet if I wanna get to my own little shack."

"Is it in the lake?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, cat. Got my tools and everything in there."

"So you didn't need us?"

"I kinda did."

Sparx became vexed, clueless about the muskrat's words. "What the heck did you even need us for if you already got -- "

"You saw anyone on the way here?"

"Nope," Spyro said, "just you."

Rasheed turned his head to point in Klontrill's direction. "YOU HEAR THAT, HARMON?! YOU CAN TAKE US WHEN WE'RE DEAD!!!!"

The other three each showed alarming eyes and a mouth that gaped as wide as an abyss. Is he nuts?!?! Spyro thought.

It took a while for Spyro to reestablish his esteem. When the muskrat veered his head towards the dragon, Spyro asked, "So, are we still gonna fix the buggy, or..."

"Yeah, come on."

The four proceeded to the wrecked vehicle. The sheep shrieked at the sight of horns coming their way.

"Ah, SHUT UP!" Rasheed yelled, but the sheep yelled louder.

"These are for the dragons back home, right?" Hunter asked, opening his toolbox to take out a wrench.

"Just the meat. The wool's for the -- hey, what are you doing with that wrench?"

"You need the wrench, don't you?"

"That wrench can kiss a bolt on a robo-ass."

"There's robot donkeys?" Sparx asked.

"Yeah," Rasheed said, pressing a button on his baton. It extended to become a gizmo that looks more complex than any wrench that might still be in the toolbox (it's fair to say that it looks like a wrench with many slots in different shapes: hexagonal, linear, and square).

As Rasheed lifted the hood of the vehicle, Spyro said, "I'm not even going to ask."

Sparx's curiosity took the best of him. "Well, I want to know what it i --”

"Fixer Twister," Rasheed said, cranking the pistons in the engine. "Got everything I need in this bad boy."

"So it's like your 'everything' guy?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah," Rasheed said, tossing a pad to the ground that sprung out four pistons that animate to lift the buggy. The pad then extended to become a platform on wheels. The muskrat tossed himself on the board and propelled himself under the vehicle. "It has screwdriver bits, drill bits, saw blades...all that stuff." A whirring sound can be heard from the wrench. "The best thing is," Rasheed rolled the platform out of the under-space and stood, "I can get this thing working dumb quick."

Okay, how many ghetto people am I gonna -- Spyro took his attention to the lake. When he did, he saw something that looked like an eye on a flesh stick. What the...

The eye sank, and Rasheed, unaware, took out a small key that has four buttons: two black, one red, and one green. He pressed the green one. The buggy roared with a sensation to kill.

"Yep," Hunter said, "that was dead quick."

"Why do you guys keep saying 'dead?'" Sparx asked with a smirk.

Spyro quickly jumped into the vehicle, making the sheep screech louder than an earthquake. "If we don't go, we'll be dead."

Hunter started once more. "Well, troops will see us if we stay here," Hunter scowled at Rasheed, "thanks to this guy, but you need to calm down. We're not in a ru -- "

The lake water suddenly rose. Foams of bubbles ascended to form a small mountain, shorter than the gem, before any water started trickling from the rocky being.
#46 Posted: 18:48:04 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh, ****!" Rasheed said.

A large, badger-like coral-reef creature was unmasked from the liquid.

"What is that thing?!" Sparx asked, as he flew close to Spyro.

The creature was comprised of seashells, anemones, sea urchins, and seaweeds, with spaces indicating the eyes and the mouth, an actual eye with a flesh stick, and with many unfortunate fish who were stuck in the reef, with no water to drink.

"It's a coralysp," Rasheed said, rushing into the cockpit of the buggy, "COME ON!"

Hunter almost stood stiff, but snapped out of his shock, dropped the toolbox, and jolted his left arm over his shoulder to grab one of the black arrows with the illuminated blue tips.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

The creature lobbed a series of rock, which seemed to be a limb, directly above Rasheed, Spyro and Sparx. The sheep bawled even louder.

"JUST MOVE THE DAMN THING!"

Rasheed stomped his foot on the gas pedal to evade the creature's stomp; the stomp was loud. Hunter was almost crushed, since another limb above him, neared the ground. He rolled out of the way and readied his arrow. He stood, placed the arrow into position, pulled the arrow on the bow's cord, and focused strongly on one of the holes on the monster. For a few small instances, he gripped his fingers on the cord, careful not to lose proper aim.

Eat this.

Hunter unlatched his fingers from the cord. The arrow sailed through the air, ripping through the wind before bursting into flames at the edge of the hole.

"Crap." Didn't go in.

He didn't see the actual eye point towards him. What he did see was many bulges coming high from the creature. However, it soon turned out that they weren't bulges; they were horned frog beings.

Hunter gazed at the horned amphibians.

"'EY! YO -- what's his name?"

"Hunter."

"YO, HUNTER! STOP STARING AT THOSE THINGS AND GET OVER HERE RIGHT -- "

He was grappled, by the neck, by something very viscous. Hunter dropped his bow and one of his arrows, as one of the frogs caught him by surprise.

"Oh no, HUNTER!" The frog plunged into the water, holding the cheetah in an iron grip. Another frog attempted to grab Rasheed, but the muskrat kicked the amphibian in the face.

"Uh...Rasheed?" Sparx said, as a third limb was about to take a step.

"Dammit!" Rasheed moved the buggy to avoid being mashed, as a fourth limb stepped at the far side.

More frogs came to attempt to blockade the vehicle. Spyro saw that the frogs were coming from every direction. He felt tempted to use his acquired blaze fury ability, but felt it was unsafe to use it in the forest. Instead, he started spewing fire bullets from his own mouth.

The frogs fell one by one with every shot fired, but it looked as if two more frogs emerged with every frog fried to serve.

"WHERE DO ALL THESE THINGS KEEP COMING FROM?!" Sparx screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Spyro returned.

Hunter suddenly popped from the lake, gasping for air, but was jerked back into the water. The coralysp roared. It became a gladiator event, a life between life and death. Spyro felt the greatest need to keep himself, Rasheed, Sparx, and the screaming sheep alive. He continued to blaze the amphibians, but greater numbers of them came into the field.

Spyro…

"What the…"

Do not fret youngling.

Spyro realized that it was the Chronicler. Great, now what?

Use your power.

The fury?

Yes.

But what about the for --

A ball of electricity shot from behind, landing on a frog and then forming a chain of electricity that shocked every enemy. All of the frogs became steamed and sizzled.

The… Spyro looked behind to see that Rasheed was holding a rifle that is bulkier than the Marching Rifle, but has an yellow illumination.

Well, I was going to mention that furies do not harm environments or friendly vehicles, but it seems you didn't need the advice at the moment.

Nice to know, anyway.

Hunter emerged again, this time clawing a frog, but skinny green arms brought him underwater again.

The coralysp, now believed to be as tall as the dark gem, nearly fed its rugged cobblestone mouth on the buggy. Rasheed had to move the buggy once more to avoid getting eaten.

Spyro realized what he needed to do. "I'm gonna get him," he said, leaping from the vehicle and sprinting towards the lake as Sparx followed closely.

"You're talking suicide!" Rasheed said.

"He's my damn friend!"

They saw Hunter rise and fall again.

"'Ey! GET BACK -- " The coralysp tried to once more eat the buggy. " -- oh, FORGET THIS!"

Rasheed put his rifle on his back, revved the engine, and darted with the sheep, still shattering sound. The coralysp followed, as the muskrat reached far to grab the dropped bow and arrow on the way.

Spyro continued sprinting towards the lake. He can se the dark gem getting subtly larger, but he paid more attention to the mist splashing onto his skin. Even though the dirt wasn't nearly half wet (other than the wet patches the coralysp caused), Spyro can already taste the water.

The dragon, still wearing the pendant, then jumped into the water. The wetness wrapped around every part of Spyro's scaly skin. The water would have felt like a wet haven, but because of the current moment, it felt like slime. Water always felt like slime to Spyro; when he swims, he usually comes upon trouble with every turn.

Speaking of slime, as Sparx, now in a magical bubble, streamed towards Spyro, Spyro saw that Hunter was clawing, biting, scratching, doing whatever he can to keep the horned frogs off his tail. For the most part, he was succeeding in preventing the frogs from grabbing him, which is surprising; cheetahs can't move well underwater. The nearby schools of fish even noticed and took evasive action.

He wasn't successful for that long, however, because a frog grabbed him from underneath.

Spyro almost charged through the water to ram into the frog, but he burped and stopped flat. A jet of bubbles swam past another school of fish and went towards the enemy creature before making contact and exploding.

Hunter was unharmed. As the frog fell and as Hunter looked for his savior, and then found his savior, Spyro was dumbfounded. The dragon had done that kind of damage several times before, but never to save a close friend.

I also forgot to mention that you can use your fire breath underwater...

Yeah, I no --

But only the more powerful forms of it, which require your essence, so you should not overdo it.

Spyro did not want to waste anymore time. He rushed to Hunter and allowed the cheetah to grab Spyro.

"Uh...Spyro?" the dragonfly in the bubble said, as more frogs were closing in on the three. Though it seemed as doom was impending, Spyro wasn't going to let his friend drown. While he started racing towards the surface, he fired bubbles of heat, which all popped upon the frogs.

Hunter hacked and coughed, wheezing for fresh air, relying on Spyro, still partially submerged, to keep him afloat.

Sparx sprouted from the water. "You're okay?"

"Yeah (*hack*)," said Hunter.

However, surfacing the cheetah wasn't a reason for one to let one's guard down, because Sparx noticed that more of the horned frogs are trying to near Spyro.

"Hang onto him," the dragonfly said.

"No s -- (*kack*)"

Sparx formed another magic bubble around himself and zipped back into the water. The horned frogs looked to grow more and more tense as Spyro paddled through the water, continuing to shoot the threats of the lake.

"Deese dings jus kee comin'!" Spyro said, muffling bubbles through the water.

Sparx understood his dragon friend. He felt as if, from the beginning, that an ambush would occur on their first mission, but that doesn't mean that they can't fight back. Hunter managed to live long enough to give his lungs a second chance, and Spyro was part of the aid.
#47 Posted: 18:48:19 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Almost...

When they neared the shore, one of the amphibious beings latched Hunter with a tongue. Instantly, he was flicked under the surface, sinking faster than usual, since this frog, stronger than the rest, had the daring approach to thrust him to the deeper, colder waters.

Spyro's heart moved impulsively. He knew that if he didn't dive, he wouldn't save his friend from a watery death.

But at the second, a spongy, viscid tether latched onto one of Spyro's lanky legs and tugged harder than his pendant did; another green being tongued him.

Sparx was devastated. He can see Spyro and Hunter slowly become blurs in the reflective, shifting glass. "Oh, crap," he said, buzzing about. "This is bad, this is really bad..."

Spyro cannot sink his teeth into the tongue; it is wrapped tightly on his back right leg. His posture was forced to stay erect. He cannot aim properly. He tried to escape by thrusting his wings, but the water restricted his flight.

He saw Rasheed's toolshed, which, oddly, has a rod jutting out from it. It seemed in Spyro's reach. He grabbed the very tip of it and hung on for his dear life, but he couldn't maintain the grip and started sinking again.

He wasn't afraid; he was angry. He felt as if his head were to implode a million flames before erupting like a volcano. If he were able to aim properly, he would spew his rage on the horned amphibians, but his abductor continued to drag him down to the depths of despair, possibly death.

*****, LEAVE ME ALONE!

The feeling of the disgusting tongue faded away at the thought. Spyro was relieved, but dubious at the same time. Why would an enemy suddenly decide to free a hostage?

When Spyro looked down, he saw why: his leg scorched like a molten crater, yet he felt nothing from the flames. Past the magma on his own scales, he can also see that the frog was bending every part of its body, as if something it could not find was attacking it.

Spyro could not find the attacker. He only saw an amphibian fighting with itself, fidgeting every muscle, every joint in its body, as the Spyro's body fire washed away.

But then the frog became motionless. The only motion it showed was a motion of the arms and the body. The arms fell both ways, the eyes seemed to look towards space, and the body slanted as if it were on a curved rock.

It DIE -- oh, it's part of my power. DUR.

Spyro though about what other hidden powers he might have. Could he have hidden powers of the ancient ancestors, even though he has no knowledge of the ancestors whatsoever? Could his powers extend to put the earth in a massive apocalypse? Could he possibly destroy the world?

Another concern was a rat-like skull on the floor of the lake. The heavy accommodation of moss conveyed that the skull had been there for years. Not only that, it had two cracked holes, like it was beaten before, while, or after it drowned.

He snapped out of his own hypnosis, on behalf of Hunter's coming doom. About five frogs surround the feline, who are all pushing him towards an underwater cave.

The frogs separated the two friends to a distance so far, that when Spyro started charging through the nearly dormant currents, he met face to face with a realization (the skull made him realize this): they aren't just going to wait until Hunter's lungs give out; they're going to physically thrash every single one of his bones. Limb for limb, rib to rib, toe to toe, even his skull. The thought was just dire, dark, darker than the dark gem that is in his vision.

Hunter was almost out of sight. No you don't! Spyro coughed several big bubbles of heat, but jetted towards the horned amphibians. ****. He used all of his available essence and can use no more of his powerful fire attacks; he was reduced to the basic fire cloud attack, which may do good in a kitchen, but doesn't do well in water.

Oh, ****. No, no, no, no, no! Please don't do this to me, please don't do this to m -- what the...

Strangely, another lightning chain shocked the amphibians, but not Hunter, or any schools of fish for that matter. Spyro even remained untouched.

Hunter instantly shoved the bulky amphibian and started rushing to the surface. Spyro, thankful that his amulet was still on his neck, did the same, going towards Hunter.

Spyro wondered who struck the lightning on the aquatic beings. It was possible that Rasheed used his lightning rifle (whatever the name was) to neutralize the threat, but Spyro had doubts if any weapon worked underwater.

He soon found his answer when he and Hunter surfaced: Tanner was standing aside Rasheed, who was holding Hunter's how and toolbox. Sparx was with them, and they were all in front of the buggy.

As Hunter spat and sputtered, finally recovering his breath, Spyro stroked through the water with all his might. He was happy that it was over, but still angry that his friend had caused all this trouble. If Hunter obeyed Rasheed in the first place, this life-threatening trouble wouldn't exist.

A few minutes later, Spyro finally made it ashore. He laid Hunter on the ground and limped, for having experienced such a puncturing swim.

"You're okay?" Tanner asked.

"Shut up," Spyro said, breathing just as raspily as Hunter.
#48 Posted: 07:37:45 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I just want to let you guys know that, eventually, I will introduce a portal wristlet. What'll happen is that the spirit will give Spyro the wristlet, telling him that, when he collects enough portal gems, he can summon beings from another universe, called Skylanders, two of which have the same names as the both of them (for some strange reason).
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#49 Posted: 18:57:15 02/07/2014
Imagine that, a story containing Spyro's andCYnder's from each series they appeared in.
#50 Posted: 20:25:49 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm demotivated.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me