darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013)
First | Previous | Page 18 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 202 203 204
Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#851 Posted: 01:44:58 21/03/2013
Quote: kardonis
^ Well, female top and male bottom is what the swap would end up being.

OK, scientifically speaking, the bottom half is where the "genitalia" of the swap character would be. The fact is swapping between a female swaplander and a male swaplander would only result in the top portion that was female becoming a male "biologically" (though, in reality all they did was borrow someone else's physiology) and the top portion that was male would become female. Hermaphroditism occurs either when a being/creature has both reproductive organs (i.e. genitalia) or shift into the opposite sex for reproductive reasons. This example is closer to transsexualism but not even because, essentially, they are simply borrowing the other character's bottom half!

TLsmilieR, a male and female swaplander exchange would not be a hermaphrodite but wouldn't be transsexual either. They just swap.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#852 Posted: 03:24:19 21/03/2013
As long as the result looks cool, who cares what gender the parts are? I know a guy who rocked a Lum costume and it was fine!! For those who don't know Lum, she's a character from a manga, from the same mangaka as Ranma 1/2. She has a furry-looking if not actual furry bikini. I've cosplayed as male characters without any trouble also. If it looks good and works in-game who cares!! They could make female-swap figures just as easily as male ones and kids won't really care that much. They might giggle about the various ways they can swap, but more likely they'll focus on what they do in game. It's the silly stereotypes people place on kids that can bring hang-ups. All in all, Skylanders is pure fantasy. These characters are about as sexual as Donald Duck. Seriously, there's nothing about them that says they must fit "such-and-such a mould" to be acceptable. The only reason we even designate the Skylanders by gender is that Activision lists their gender. Stump-smash could be a boy or a girl or neither and nobody would know or care otherwise. Only a few even suggest one or another at all.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#853 Posted: 04:24:11 21/03/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: SparCrux1101
The thing is, the developers can listen to everyone's ideas. no matter how right you are, even if you back up your opinions with 7 paragraphs, someone will still be against you. that's life. you cant please everyone. i see your point (pro femme), and i see every other argument-loving users' points. but if we want to agree to someone, we gotta disagree with something else.

im going to focus on the two groups here, pro female swap (for "equality", and righteousness"), and anti-female (for "gender confusion"). Pro wants a female, developers make female, anti gets mad. anti wants either/or gender, no inbetween. Pro gets mad.

In the end, the developers do what they want and hope we stop complaining. on a side note, i honestly see NOTHING wrong with the female characters we have now. it seems sometimes people try too hard and look too far into things. after every serious aspect, its all just a game.

I was with you for the first two characters but I would just like to say that I never implied there anything "wrong" with the female characters I called out as being tomboys. However, I was saying that they still conform to the patriarchal idea that masculine are the ideal protectors. I get what you're saying, and I have said "it's just a game many times before" but it is still important culturally. Kids as young as 3 play these games and so a more forward thinking ideology could be brought out more.

My apologies, i didnt mean it like that, my post may be confusing to some people who have read it because i restated the opinions of several people. i just meant that people who complained about ninjini being "too sexual" and flashwing being an "offense to females" should stop thinking too much into character development.
again, sorry for the misunderstanding.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#854 Posted: 05:10:27 21/03/2013
i wished there was a scorpion we need more charater that walk on ground we have so many upright walking charaters
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#855 Posted: 06:36:03 21/03/2013
I don't think a 4 to 10 year old will care about the genders, Heck, two of them are robots/machine, so that kin of lampshades it
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#856 Posted: 06:56:21 21/03/2013
Can we move of the swap gender subject now please?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#857 Posted: 12:48:03 21/03/2013
i agree with doom slicer and what is the problem anyway?
CamoForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#858 Posted: 16:27:34 21/03/2013
When is the release date for Swap Force? I better start saving. This sounds expensive just like Giants. I used up $200 in the first day of release!
---
If you have any skylanders for sale or trade, please contact me.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#859 Posted: 18:06:25 21/03/2013
release date is probally going to be october this year smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#860 Posted: 20:29:46 21/03/2013
It's always been October.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#861 Posted: 21:37:25 21/03/2013
Quote: zebas1234
i wished there was a scorpion we need more charater that walk on ground we have so many upright walking charaters

We had Flashwing and Hot dog.
#862 Posted: 21:54:06 21/03/2013

My apologies, i didnt mean it like that, my post may be confusing to some people who have read it because i restated the opinions of several people. i just meant that people who complained about ninjini being "too sexual" and flashwing being an "offense to females" should stop thinking too much into character development.
again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ahh, I understand now. I see nothing "sexual" with Ninjini (and even if she was "sexy", she's not doing anything that isn't age appropriate for the target audience) and what's wrong with Flashwing for the other people? She's a cheesy character that's pretty tough.
Both of those types of people are the kinds that need therapy for seeing perversion/offense in everything!

Quote: PinkWater
I don't think a 4 to 10 year old will care about the genders, Heck, two of them are robots/machine, so that kin of lampshades it

This whole discussion was more about the complaining parents but you can't deny pop culture doesn't plant seeds into the minds of kids.
#863 Posted: 00:14:32 22/03/2013
MOVING ON...
Wondering if I should buy Scarlet and maybe Jadewing, ro save up. Probably won't save up, as october is a sibling's brithday month, so he'll have plenty of money for Skylanders.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Terramatt Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#864 Posted: 00:57:02 22/03/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: Doomslicer

Doubt we'll get a female swaplander, for obvious reasons.

What about a core?

Roller Brawl says hello.

Clearly you weren't paying attention to the fact that they were talking about FIRE characters, not UNDEAD.

Anyhow, I think a female fire would be pretty cool. They managed to make a cool earth female out of Flashwing, so I think fire will be almost as decent.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#865 Posted: 02:28:25 22/03/2013
*noms on popcorn*

Remember the good days when we used this for info, not female top/bottom half argument?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#866 Posted: 11:03:01 22/03/2013
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! (giants battle arena).... had it only been online, then we could have settled this. but i guess we will have to wait for skylanders4 to arrive for that.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:04:06 22/03/2013 by kappapopm
#867 Posted: 14:13:24 22/03/2013
I'm really hoping Skylanders 4 will have weapon slots or something like that.
---
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#868 Posted: 14:41:12 22/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! (giants battle arena).... had it only been online, then we could have settled this. but i guess we will have to wait for skylanders4 to arrive for that.

Because of you, I sooo hope that Skylanders 4 doesn't have online!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
#869 Posted: 17:25:53 22/03/2013
Quote: SkylandersBoy
Quote: kappapopm

Because of you, I sooo hope that Skylanders 4 doesn't have online!

are you afraid to be beaten in the battle arena online?... then good. i beast at the battle arena and have not been beaten yet. i am the best in my neighborhood and the world maybe.
#870 Posted: 17:33:43 22/03/2013
Gloating much? You're making online play for Skylanders sound so overrated.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:47:03 22/03/2013 by Aura24
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#871 Posted: 18:51:05 22/03/2013
dont wanting online gameplay is Xbox player talking

If you didint want online gameplay you should had bought a ps3 or a wii
Xbox is for online playing nothing else
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#872 Posted: 19:21:45 22/03/2013
GUYS...

For the last two pages nothing has been posted which is resourceful about the topic in ANY WAY. Im not pointing fingers cause its no-one in general

Im not a mod or anything but it is annoying when you guys talk about complete ........

So. any new news
---
Im so proud of you
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#873 Posted: 19:31:25 22/03/2013
Quote: Imada
GUYS...

For the last two pages nothing has been posted which is resourceful about the topic in ANY WAY. Im not pointing fingers cause its no-one in general

Im not a mod or anything but it is annoying when you guys talk about complete ........

So. any new news

No. That's why the last two pages are spam-ish.

Hope this comment was helpful and not a waste of comment space smilie
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#874 Posted: 19:34:20 22/03/2013
i was hoping to heare something from PAX east. guess we may not get any real news until June @ E3
#875 Posted: 19:38:45 22/03/2013
I was hoping they would release the powers and biographies of the already revealed Skylanders for Swap Force.
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#876 Posted: 19:40:30 22/03/2013
Well...... er......... Swap Force, eh? Lemme tell ya a....... umm..... that's quite an impressive game, don't you think? They have really taken this game seriously, (which is good) I, myself would like a repose of Wham-Shell, which I highly doubt will happen.

So.... er...... ya. I want a Whammy repose, and wanna find out the MYSTERIOUSLY MYSTERIOUS CHICKEN TORSO MYSTERY.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:43 23/03/2013 by Hot Dog 542
#877 Posted: 21:21:10 22/03/2013
Quote: Aura24
I was hoping they would release the powers and biographies of the already revealed Skylanders for Swap Force.

The only place they release those are in the guide and on the website right? Man, I relly would have liked that if they were in-game as well. I don't know the story of 75% of the Skylanders haha
#878 Posted: 21:41:50 22/03/2013
Yeah they really should put the biographies IN THE GAME this time around. Probably put them with the character's soul gem?
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#879 Posted: 23:22:47 22/03/2013
If they were to make online, it would be like the next call of duty game, with 3 year olds bragging about how good they are with spamming moves, and no-lifers make a tier list.
i'd much rather just have more levels.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#880 Posted: 23:39:41 22/03/2013
If they were to make online, it would be like the next call of duty game, with 3 year olds bragging about how good they are with spamming moves, and no-lifers make a tier list.
i'd much rather just have more levels.

They could take that route. But what if they have both online co-op and the arena play? Online co=op would be a godsend for those who don't have another person to play with. They'd need to make it so each person could have 1 skylander on their portal at a time. The special items and extra level items (crypt, seas, ect) would be shown as active in a part of the screen much like the treasure chest but without constant sound. The arena play could pit 2-8 or maybe even more in a battle but doesn't necessarily need to have special levels for multiplayer. Think of the kids parties!! Your friends bring their favorite skylanders, they bring an extra xbox (in this scenario), plug in two portals per box (that in itself would be pretty sweet!) and have two tvs set up so they can duke it out either with grand melee or teasm play. It could work. And it encourages kids to get together and play. They don't need special leveling, just regular leveling like you see in the standard game. There could be new achievements though. If they did this, it'd be pretty awesome!!
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
mastereon909 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#881 Posted: 00:30:31 23/03/2013
Ok this is off topic but if you dont know adventure packs are back and i have a feeling that since darklight crypt=death empire of ice=water pirate seas=earth and that dragon one =fire so that means that the new ones will be tech magic air and life here are my predications tech=sone sort of factory with countdown magic=some temple with a new magic air= a fantasy cloud palace like in jack and the bean stalk with a new air and life a giant tree or a ninja shrine with the small life
---
Citizens of warfang... Congralutions you shall be the first to witness the resurection of the destroyer...and the end of the world-malefor the dark lord
#882 Posted: 00:45:37 23/03/2013
Quote: mastereon909
Ok this is off topic but if you dont know adventure packs are back and i have a feeling that since darklight crypt=death empire of ice=water pirate seas=earth and that dragon one =fire so that means that the new ones will be tech magic air and life here are my predications tech=sone sort of factory with countdown magic=some temple with a new magic air= a fantasy cloud palace like in jack and the bean stalk with a new air and life a giant tree or a ninja shrine with the small life

That's actually interesting. I never think that the element of the figure mattered to the Adventure Pack, but I don't see why not. After all, the return of the Battle Pack should see Tech/Magic and Air/Earth.
#883 Posted: 11:38:55 23/03/2013
Hmm, you may be right.
Also, Activision's a fool(s?) not to focus on the Asian market. There is so much potential, and since the figures can't be copied and still work in-game, they're far less venerable to pirating (I'm not joking when I say on the streets in certain markets, you can get Wii games for less than a dollar, and a R4 to go along with it).
---
#884 Posted: 13:58:33 23/03/2013
so there is no skylanders in japan?... the land of pokemon craze... it is time to write a letter to bobby and tell him about this...
#885 Posted: 15:51:22 23/03/2013
Activision has known about this since SSA, Kappa. They mentioned Square Enix was going to publish the game, but no word on the japanese versions yet for almost three years now.
---
#886 Posted: 16:12:50 23/03/2013
okay... u saved me writing a letter... but onto some moar important stuff...

we have seen prototypes of caos and now mcdonalds do a plastic toy of him... i say there is a big chance of getting caos in swap force now... if so it will change every thing and swap force will be a day one buy....
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:14:35 23/03/2013 by kappapopm
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#887 Posted: 16:24:00 23/03/2013
isnt kaos wanted in the beginning

So how coud you use him at the first lvl
---
Expect the unexpected
#888 Posted: 16:33:31 23/03/2013
Quote: Hakann
isnt kaos wanted in the beginning

So how coud you use him at the first lvl

i dont think coas are gonna be the main foe this time around...
#889 Posted: 17:39:43 23/03/2013
I wonder which element is going to get a second dragon this time around.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#890 Posted: 20:19:17 23/03/2013
at the end of the first game i thought smilie would be a toy. I was wrong. smilie
---
you never saw me
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#891 Posted: 18:12:30 24/03/2013
I think if kaos isn't the main villain then we should get kaos for the 2nd new core undead and glumshanks for a magic core
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
#892 Posted: 18:16:56 24/03/2013
Quote: yokey25
I think if kaos isn't the main villain then we should get kaos for the 2nd new core undead and glumshanks for a magic core

Kaos as undead? I see him more as a magic than Glumshanks.
#893 Posted: 18:22:19 24/03/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
at the end of the first game i thought smilie would be a toy. I was wrong. smilie

You forget that he became a toy at the end of SSA and was a toy at the beginning of SG before he broke free.
---
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#894 Posted: 18:29:24 24/03/2013
kaos is a portal master even the happy meal dont give him a element , happy meal got 1 of each element more portal master
---
Expect the unexpected
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#895 Posted: 22:34:41 24/03/2013
Realistically, I don't see him being a Skylander. In fact, I think the game has already proven this in the one level we saw- Kaos is still "WANTED" as a criminal in the level, so you wouldn't be able to play as one. That's the same reason why we'll never get a Pokemon game where you play as Team Rocket- Bad Guys have to lose, Good Guys have to win.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#896 Posted: 23:37:09 24/03/2013
Maybe he becomes a toy in the finale of the final game. Yknow like, he gives up and a new more threatening baddie shows up
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#897 Posted: 00:51:12 25/03/2013
Um, the story reveals so far show that he is in the cloudbreak islands to power up some evilizer machine (maybe that's where the evil clone minions come from?). http://www.computerandvideogam...ge=1#top_banner scroll down a bit
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#898 Posted: 03:13:39 25/03/2013
Kao's claims that he's "more evil than EVER" in the trailer.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#899 Posted: 03:57:22 25/03/2013
I'd rather Glumshanks working in the shadows to achieve his own dastardly ends.
---
First | Previous | Page 18 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 202 203 204

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me