darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > GamerNation: Skylanders vs. Disney Infinity (with pennyman himself!)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
GamerNation: Skylanders vs. Disney Infinity (with pennyman himself!) [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#151 Posted: 18:43:30 23/08/2013
It seems more like an epic battle against a camera!
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7464
#152 Posted: 19:06:26 23/08/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
It seems more like an epic battle against a camera!

Idea!

1 year later after DI's release:

BREAKING NEWS: DI2 announced! Now with a storyline! The Disney characters must battle Disembodied Camera Villain (DCV) in every level from DI and 3 new playsets! Also, every character works in DI2s levels! New playsets are the same playsets with an updated level design and added DCV! DCVs attacks include Annoying Spinning Camera(CAMERA SPINS), Too much zooming in( OMG CAN'T SEE THE LEVEL) and it's coup de grace, Trippy Glitched Camera!(ITS RAINBOW MIKE* goes crazy from trippiness*) And to celebrate the launch of the game in 31st September 2014, an exclusive gold DCV figure that makes DCV twice as annoying to battle! Disney call this "the game of the century". Also, Rainbow variants of characters have been revealed for extra trippiness!
Disney Infinity 2: Coming to a few stores near you on 31st September 2014!

(THIS NEWS IS ALL FAKE, IT IS NOT REAL AND WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER HAPPEN...)

(Btw, did you notice something odd about the launch date?)
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#153 Posted: 21:00:24 23/08/2013
I've been playing it the last few nights with my son, he's 6. I don't want to say much more yet until I've got a lot of time into it, but 2 observations I will agree about.

1. The camera is tricky for my son.
2. The toy box is pretty complicated IMO for kids. I've played with it a little bit and I can't see how he'll be able to manage it all. But we'll see.
3. The characters seem too similar to warrant getting 'all of them'. Unlike skylanders where there's a lot of variation in play with each figure, you don't have that in DI.

Beyond that, it's not a bad game by any means. I've played BAD games before and this isn't one.

Worth the $$$? That still remains to be seen.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#154 Posted: 23:18:51 23/08/2013
That is sad, having figures from the same franchise being too similar...What I woulda done is only had 3 cars characters: Lightning Mcqueen to focus on speedy challenges, Mater that could hit things with his tow thing, and the secret agent car man to have his missiles and whatnot. For Incredibles, Sulley is a brawler, Mike could at least have like a book to hit things with, and Snake Randall man to turn invisible. Incredibles I hear is diverse, cause SUPERHEROES, so I wont touch that. Pirates o the caribbean: Jack is a swordyman, simple enough, Barbossa could have a cartoon pistol and send out his parrot to attack enemies, and Davy jones could use his Tentacles to slap things. Lone Ranger only has 2, but ranger should be a shotgun pistol cowboy, and Tonto like a healer and throwing his spirit bird headpeice around too. For all the other franchises, I fail to see how the biggest character In game could play like a mini racer 6 year old (Ima talkin bout Wreck It Ralph) Senor Skellington is alone, and for the Toy Story guys Jessie and Woody will probably e similar, but Woody could attack enemies with his pully string and Jessie could throw her hat.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
spellenjunk Green Sparx Gems: 392
#155 Posted: 06:34:30 24/08/2013
i think i buy di later when it's cheaper because i really like the game but for now i will stick with skylanders
---
~N~ ninja clan!! no one will break my record of 224 posts in a row!
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#156 Posted: 07:54:41 25/08/2013
Quote: imanirox890
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Yeah, it is like in cartoons how a guy (representing Skylander fans) sees through a telescope that a meteor (Disney Infinity) is gonna hit the earth (skylanders) So the guy panics and then the meteor hits but it is only a pebble.

I feel like you referenced a show but I can't remember which one

The Simpsons.

Also, I will be getting Infinity, but not until next year at the earliest, when there are hopefully price cuts in effect. I don't like the idea that you can't use all the buyable figures in levels and you can only use them in the Toy Box mode.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#157 Posted: 08:05:39 25/08/2013
Quote: spellenjunk
i think i buy di later when it's cheaper because i really like the game but for now i will stick with skylanders

yeah,you should, i stick to skylander 4 ever, i dont like how di was the second one with this, stupid , i dea

anyways, the point is i never liked disny at all or dysny, whatever, i am part of a small group with Always agreed

to be honest, do you guys know a game made by disny that was good?
#158 Posted: 11:00:38 25/08/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: NINJAsk11

yeah,you should, i stick to skylander 4 ever, i dont like how di was the second one with this, stupid , i dea

anyways, the point is i never liked disny at all or dysny, whatever, i am part of a small group with Always agreed

The ONLY good Disney game I've played (In my opinion) is Kingdom Hearts. Everything else kinda sucked.
DON'T ANYONE DARE GET ME STARTED ON UNIVERSE.

universe???

i never played kingdom hearts.......
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#159 Posted: 23:03:08 25/08/2013
Now I’m further into the Pirates Play Set I’m actually starting to have some fun – mostly thanks to the ship battles that were cribbed from Assassins Creed 3. It’s still not up to a level where I’d be recommending it, but it’s still fun to zip about in your custom ship on the open seas.
It’s sad that all three pirate figures are the same character with different models/sounds, but this play set is looking up.
One, fairly cautious, thumb up.

But I have a real problem with trying to give Infinity a score (like you do in most reviews), because what are you actually rating?
Do I score the Disney Infinity experience I am personally having (after spending roughly $180usd) with several character packs and an additional play set?
Or are you rating the experience that a family will have with just the core pack – no way to co-op the campaign content and with no way to access many of the key building blocks? Because a family with just the core pack will lack the content specifically locked away by the figures/disks they don’t have, but they will also have less chances to earn ‘spins’, thus locking them out of many of the key ‘normal’ pieces too.

And even if you can decide on which physical package you’re rating – what part of it are you rating?
The campaigns are bland, but the core of the game is the toy box.
The toy box is awesome, but requires you to play the campaigns.
The game over all, which is (in my opinion) a solid 7 or 8 – or the game you have access to when you start, which I’d give 4 or 5.
I feel like this is a product that will offer a lot of people a lot of fun… but you can’t score it based on that, because not everyone has access to that same experience after buying the game.

If I can compare it to Skylanders again for a moment – it’s a lot easier to score Skylanders, because everyone with the starter pack has the same core experience. The three included figures are enough to explore the bulk of the game, and it only takes minimal additional characters to unlock absolutely everything.
The central experience of Skylanders is there when you start and buying additional figures certainly adds to the experience, but it’s not required to get to the central experience. Even if you buy nothing else, the game itself is the same game.
However Infinity is the opposite and the central experience is vastly different from person to person – relying entirely on which figures you chosen to buy (and/or which blind-buy disks you’ve received). The game I'm playing might be nothing like the game you're playing (for example many of the simple tools for keeping score, making teams, the fixed camera angles, the sound effect widget, ending a level… those basic tools are locked away behind the spinning game - so I can make lots of mini-games, but you probably can't).

I’ll go ahead and state the obvious by saying that Skylanders really needs some kind of long game for fans with a large number of figures. With no endless dungeon or toolset, Skylanders has to stand entirely on the campaign – and while it does play differently with different figures, that can’t hold up to being played several hundred times.
Infinity is different, and it may have a longer play-time attached due to the toybox... however buying an Infinity character is slightly depressing, because you know that Mike is going to play the same as Sulley, and you know that Barbosa is going to play the same as Jack – the characters are largely irrelevant, you just need them to access the core content of the game.
Meanwhile, it’s exciting to buy a new Skylander because while you already have access to most of the game, each new figure lets you experience the core content in a different way.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:07:06 25/08/2013 by Tel Prydain
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8572
#160 Posted: 23:18:39 25/08/2013

The ONLY good Disney game I've played (In my opinion) is Kingdom Hearts. Everything else kinda sucked.

KH wasn't made by Disney.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#161 Posted: 23:19:04 25/08/2013
'will lack the content' is the key word here... because you will until you cough up the dollars. the disneys scheme is to make you pay to unlock and the more you pay the more fun you have in the game.. until you see how much it actually will cost you to unlock all the fun, then it is no fun anymore.
HamsterExAstris Yellow Sparx Gems: 1186
#162 Posted: 02:31:59 26/08/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
I’ll go ahead and state the obvious by saying that Skylanders really needs some kind of long game for fans with a large number of figures. With no endless dungeon or toolset, Skylanders has to stand entirely on the campaign – and while it does play differently with different figures, that can’t hold up to being played several hundred times.

My understanding is that Infinity's core story modes suffer from the same problem, so any replayability depends on your interest in the toy box. Is that not true?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#163 Posted: 02:35:14 26/08/2013
I think Skylanders needs to have a game called Skylanders: Creation. In this, there would be a main storyline, but also there would be a world creating area in which you could create your own islands with buildings, as well as input enemies. If you put on an adventure pack, you would unlock more items. Watcha think o' THAT!!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#164 Posted: 02:37:20 26/08/2013
Quote: HamsterExAstris

My understanding is that Infinity's core story modes suffer from the same problem, so any replayability depends on your interest in the toy box. Is that not true?

Oh, yeah - that's totally true. The 'Play Sets' in Infinity range from uninspired to awful. Most people will play the Play Sets just long enough to unlock the toys for the Toy Box, and then never ever go there again.
But I can't deny that (once you've unlocked enough gear) the Tox Box is lots of fun. You can whip up a small mission (akin to a Heroic Challenge) in minutes, and make almost anything else you can imagine.
---
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#165 Posted: 04:09:35 26/08/2013
Quote: zookinator
I think Skylanders needs to have a game called Skylanders: Creation. In this, there would be a main storyline, but also there would be a world creating area in which you could create your own islands with buildings, as well as input enemies. If you put on an adventure pack, you would unlock more items. Watcha think o' THAT!!

If they do that, then all the Infinity fans will hate on Skylanders :P
But custom missions/dungeons would be fun.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#166 Posted: 15:32:42 26/08/2013
I'd go for a randomly-generated dungeon crawler thing, a la the Mystery Dungeon games.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#167 Posted: 16:01:23 26/08/2013
Quote: HamsterExAstris

Oh, yeah - that's totally true. The 'Play Sets' in Infinity range from uninspired to awful. Most people will play the Play Sets just long enough to unlock the toys for the Toy Box, and then never ever go there again.
But I can't deny that (once you've unlocked enough gear) the Tox Box is lots of fun. You can whip up a small mission (akin to a Heroic Challenge) in minutes, and make almost anything else you can imagine.

How long does it take to unlock all the toys in a playset?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#168 Posted: 16:02:14 26/08/2013
Quote: somePerson

KH wasn't made by Disney.

oh, see , thats what i mean, disny just....errg
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#169 Posted: 16:36:32 26/08/2013
I think we can all agree on the problem for Skylanders: Not alot of replay value. My idea is this: Dungeon Mode, where 4 players (Online, local, and combinations of the 2) Go through dungeons, and there is a boss every 5 levels, ala Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. There would be 3 game modes, Door Scramble, where you race to find a door, Food Fest, where you compete to eat the most food, and the main game, Baddie Beatdown, where you explore and try to take down all the enemies. Baddie Beatdown would have 2 modes, 2v2 or Battle Royale. To be fair, all Skylanders would be at Level 5 (but can level up through the course of the game) have the 4 basic upgrades, no hats or heroics. There would be 4 difficulties for each, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Hardcore. Hardcore is unlocked when you beat all the difficulties on 1 game mode. And the set levels are for sll modes: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and Limitless. Limitless is unlocked after beating all other levels. So for the hardest challenfge: Hardcore Limitless.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#170 Posted: 16:58:43 26/08/2013
/\ This
---
henlo
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#171 Posted: 17:45:00 26/08/2013

The ONLY good Disney game I've played (In my opinion) isKingdom Hearts. Everything else kinda sucked.

THIS!!! That game is freaking awesome! And I agree! That's the only good disney game ever!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#172 Posted: 17:53:03 26/08/2013
Kingdom Hearts is the best and it is coming to the ps3 as hd remake.... im looking forward to playing it again smilie

read
http://blog.us.playstation.com...dition-artbook/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:36 26/08/2013 by kappapopm
#173 Posted: 18:19:04 26/08/2013
I laugh at how ignorant people are. The only good Disney games reigned in the late 80s - mid 90s. Beyond the fanservice, Kingdom Hearts is mediocre at best.
---
#174 Posted: 22:59:01 26/08/2013
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Depends on the Play Set. The Lone Ranger Play Set took me about 3 and half hours – and it was agonising. The Pirates of the Caribbean took me six or seven… but it was almost fun, thanks to the ship battles stolen from Assassin’s Creed 3.
But pieces you unlock there are all from those Toy Sets (i.e. Pirate or Lone Ranger themed).

The real question is how do you unlock ‘standard’ pieces – and there are two ways to do that. First is to find the ‘spins’ in the tutorial area and from the ‘Heroic Challenge’ style missions. The second is levelling up your characters (indeed, they seem to be the singular benefit to levelling up your figures).
The community has found a quick way to level characters, so with a cap of 15, that means you get 15 spins for every character you own… And in some cases, getting those extra spins is about the only advantage to getting that character at all, since most of the characters play almost exactly alike.
-----
For those wanting to know the trick: basically you need to unlock a stunt buggy and a fan. Then get the figure you want in the buggy and then drive over the fan very slowly so you’re hovering in mid-air.
Once you’re stable, get a rubber band or something to push on the right stick, so the buggy is flipping in mid-air. Then go do something else for 15-30 minutes – when you come back, get out of the air by gently rocking the left stick (you have to land flat, or this doesn’t work) and you’ll get a bunch of experience for the flips in the air. 40 minutes will take you from zero to fifteen or fourteen right away.
So that’s what I was doing on my Xbox last night while I played Saints Row 4 on my PS3. Five of my characters hit 15 – and (detracting the levels they already had) that added up to 52 spins.
Pro-tip: If people have the most fun with your game when letting a rubber-band play for them while they play another, better game… you’ve made some poor design decisions.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6100
#175 Posted: 23:32:59 26/08/2013

Depends on the Play Set. The Lone Ranger Play Set took me about 3 and half hours – and it was agonising. The Pirates of the Caribbean took me six or seven… but it was almost fun, thanks to the ship battles stolen from Assassin’s Creed 3.
But pieces you unlock there are all from those Toy Sets (i.e. Pirate or Lone Ranger themed).

The real question is how do you unlock ‘standard’ pieces – and there are two ways to do that. First is to find the ‘spins’ in the tutorial area and from the ‘Heroic Challenge’ style missions. The second is levelling up your characters (indeed, they seem to be the singular benefit to levelling up your figures).
The community has found a quick way to level characters, so with a cap of 15, that means you get 15 spins for every character you own… And in some cases, getting those extra spins is about the only advantage to getting that character at all, since most of the characters play almost exactly alike.
-----
For those wanting to know the trick: basically you need to unlock a stunt buggy and a fan. Then get the figure you want in the buggy and then drive over the fan very slowly so you’re hovering in mid-air.
Once you’re stable, get a rubber band or something to push on the right stick, so the buggy is flipping in mid-air. Then go do something else for 15-30 minutes – when you come back, get out of the air by gently rocking the left stick (you have to land flat, or this doesn’t work) and you’ll get a bunch of experience for the flips in the air. 40 minutes will take you from zero to fifteen or fourteen right away.
So that’s what I was doing on my Xbox last night while I played Saints Row 4 on my PS3. Five of my characters hit 15 – and (detracting the levels they already had) that added up to 52 spins.
Pro-tip: If people have the most fun with your game when letting a rubber-band play for them while they play another, better game… you’ve made some poor design decisions.

Something similar can be done in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep if you obtain the "EXP Walker" ability. Though in all honesty, you'll likely gain all levels you need experiencing the story and will only need to do this for more series level grinding like getting to 99 for the optional post-game boss.

~~~

Anyway, the way you have to earn the pieces like that seems kinda lame. Instead there should be some mini-game, side thing, that doesn't require any specific character which would grant you a random piece you don't already own upon completion.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#176 Posted: 00:04:13 27/08/2013
I still don't know if I should get the game or not.....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#177 Posted: 01:42:15 27/08/2013
Quote: Seiki

Anyway, the way you have to earn the pieces like that seems kinda lame. Instead there should be some mini-game, side thing, that doesn't require any specific character which would grant you a random piece you don't already own upon completion.

It does, kind of. There are those 'Heroic Challenge' style missions I mentioned - but you can only extract 3 from each one (for bronze, silver and gold times), so you'll soon tap those out and still have several hundred items in the vault to unlock.
---
#178 Posted: 01:55:56 27/08/2013

Don't know if you should get Infinity? Maaaaaybe.
What sort of game are you looking for, how many toys are you looking at and what do you want to get out of it?

If you're looking for an actual game... probably not. The Pirates set is fun, but the others are lifeless (in my opinion) like the worst movie tie-in games normally are.
If you want a tool set to make your own stuff and mess around in online.... perhaps. You should probably look at Little Big Planet first, but if you like the world/toys of Infinity better, then go ahead. Fair warning, the starter pack isn’t going to get you far. You’ll want at least one extra three pack along with the game, and ideally you’d get both the Sidekick and the Villains packs if you can - that’ll let you unlock the entire Pirate’s Playset, the entire Monster’s Playset and gets you six extra characters – which will be 90 extra spins to unlock toys in the toy box. If you can afford it after the three packs, get the Lone Ranger pack (the story is terrible, but the pack will unlock more for your toy box than getting the rest of the Incredibles would).

I come across as a Infinity hater – but I really did want to love it (I brought the core game, two three-packs, the Lone Ranger pack and two single packs, all on day one). I’m starting to have a good time now, but it took a lot of time (unlocking items) and money (buying disks/figures) to get here.
Feel free to ask anything you like, and I’ll try to answer as honestly (and as un-biased) as I can.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#179 Posted: 01:56:57 27/08/2013

It'd be nice to try out demos not only with Infinity but with Skylanders. However, with more games and studios jumping onto the "figures= more of the game" mindset, it becomes a dangerous place for people who are on the fence.

How exactly could a game like Skylanders or Infinity be put into a demo on any of the console's marketplaces when part of the game requires physical items? How could they be place into local game rental stores or Redbox? They can't. And that's an interesting problem.

Sure Activision or Disney could host tours and stuff, but what if you miss them? Or they end up going into Podunk, Whatever and you can't attend one?

I'd definitely like to give Infinity a try, and I like the concept with figures and stuff, but the price point is too high, reviews are all over the place so it's hard to figure out who's actually telling the truth, and I can't just pick it up and try it without plunking down a lot of money...and I need another "collecting" game like I need a hole in my head smilie

I think perhaps a good workaround would be to have a demo of the game (Infinity, and heck, why not Swap Force too?) where you're given a certain character to try on a level. You obviously wouldn't be able to get a different character, but they could either have a special menu option to change a character (which wouldn't be in the real version, and the game would have to mention that), or distribute "Demo" character chips in some sort of cross promotional thing- a character that just has basic stuff that you can't upgrade or do much with, but enough so you can try it out. In the past, companies have teamed up with chain stores (Target) or publications (like People Magazine) in order to get things out to people. The examples I'm using were for 3D glasses and a scratch n sniff card for...I believe an awards show and the Honey Boo Boo premieres respectively.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#180 Posted: 02:08:39 27/08/2013
As I said in my review, the intro for Infinity has you play as Micky and Woody, without the toys. It would be very possible.
---
Blazered Green Sparx Gems: 297
#181 Posted: 02:27:49 27/08/2013
Lol went to Target the other day and hid all the infinity toys behind mega blocks boxes These people came in and there like "Honey where are all the infinity toys?"
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
My glorious pretties!
#182 Posted: 02:40:20 27/08/2013
So... basically what you're saying is that you acted like a jerk?
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6100
#183 Posted: 03:02:04 27/08/2013
Quote: Seiki

It does, kind of. There are those 'Heroic Challenge' style missions I mentioned - but you can only extract 3 from each one (for bronze, silver and gold times), so you'll soon tap those out and still have several hundred items in the vault to unlock.

That's my point. There should be a seperate, infinitly replayable challenge which will grant you a new item each time you complete it. I'm not saying make it easy, make it a good, lengthy challenge that is still completable by a child, then upon successful completion, you are granted one random piece you don't have until you have them all.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#184 Posted: 03:09:35 27/08/2013
True... but then you wouldn't have to buy all their $20 toys in order to have fun.
---
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#185 Posted: 03:18:39 27/08/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429
https://www.facebook.com/photo...elevant_count=1

I WANT TO KILL THE DAD!

well lets boo them off.
Someone may have lost there job.
Idiots

I know I'm late to the party in this thread ... but I laughed aloud and heartily at this video.

Well played, SkylanderDad, well played.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#186 Posted: 05:26:16 27/08/2013
Funny thing is I keep seeing ppl picking up disney guys thinking they work in skylanders. I have so far heard at least 3 ppl in different stores ask if they are the same thing lol
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#187 Posted: 05:32:44 27/08/2013
wow. that's just sad. do you think that could cause problems for parents
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#188 Posted: 06:37:46 27/08/2013
No offense, but how dumb can people get?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#189 Posted: 06:41:26 27/08/2013
Referring to the people mistaking DI for Skylanders?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#190 Posted: 07:12:17 27/08/2013
I guess. I suppose it's understandable. It's just initially hard to fathom for those of us who've memorized every 'landers' names etc and typically can easily tell franchises apart.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#191 Posted: 10:44:44 27/08/2013
I have been playing Infinity while it is an ok game I do prefer skylanders. The challenges in the play sets are pretty much all the same (either check point races or collect X number of collectibles in X amount of time) I finished the Incredibles play set and I did some of the challenges, I got bored of them so I started Monsters University play a bit started a challenge then thought to myself didn't I just do this in the incredibles play set. It just feels like they have padded the play sets.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#192 Posted: 11:46:19 27/08/2013

Don't know if you should get Infinity? Maaaaaybe.
What sort of game are you looking for, how many toys are you looking at and what do you want to get out of it?

If you're looking for an actual game... probably not. The Pirates set is fun, but the others are lifeless (in my opinion) like the worst movie tie-in games normally are.
If you want a tool set to make your own stuff and mess around in online.... perhaps. You should probably look at Little Big Planet first, but if you like the world/toys of Infinity better, then go ahead. Fair warning, the starter pack isn’t going to get you far. You’ll want at least one extra three pack along with the game, and ideally you’d get both the Sidekick and the Villains packs if you can - that’ll let you unlock the entire Pirate’s Playset, the entire Monster’s Playset and gets you six extra characters – which will be 90 extra spins to unlock toys in the toy box. If you can afford it after the three packs, get the Lone Ranger pack (the story is terrible, but the pack will unlock more for your toy box than getting the rest of the Incredibles would).

I come across as a Infinity hater – but I really did want to love it (I brought the core game, two three-packs, the Lone Ranger pack and two single packs, all on day one). I’m starting to have a good time now, but it took a lot of time (unlocking items) and money (buying disks/figures) to get here.
Feel free to ask anything you like, and I’ll try to answer as honestly (and as un-biased) as I can.

I want it for Toy Box mode (For obvious reasons), the story mode is what makes me cautious about buying the game. I don't want to play through them to unlock content if they're all THAT bad. The toys I planned to get were Davey Jones and the MU characters for this wave then Wreck it Ralph, The Toy Story playset and possibly Sorcerer Mickey.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:56:45 27/08/2013 by HeyitsHotDog
#193 Posted: 12:48:10 27/08/2013
Quote: Blazered
Lol went to Target the other day and hid all the infinity toys behind mega blocks boxes These people came in and there like "Honey where are all the infinity toys?"

How old are you, five?

All you've done is created more work for the store employees who then have to find those Disney Infinity toys and re-stock them. People will still find and buy them. That's just juvenile.
---
#194 Posted: 12:51:05 27/08/2013
Quote: Blazered

good deed done right... moar people should do this smilie
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#195 Posted: 14:23:16 27/08/2013
The thing is both game's are expensive and the majority of people can only afford one.

With Skylanders us portal masters already have a large collection of playable toys to carry forward to Swap Force.
With Skylanders we are all used to the gameplay and the way the product works.

With DI, us portal masters are unlikley to switch as it means our skylanders can't carry forward. We have to start a whole new expensive collection from scratch
With DI, its a whole new way of playing for us to adapt too.

If I could afford both I would get both, however in todays economic climate, I can only afford one so will stick with Skylanders for the reasons above.

If you want to play a Disney version of Skylanders I would recomened Disney Universe, its not as expensive as DI.
Ok it dont have the toys, but you do get to collect a large amount of differing characters and power them up.
You also get to explore different Disney worlds. The game play is not identical to Skylanders but its similar.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#196 Posted: 02:17:38 28/08/2013
I want it for Toy Box mode (For obvious reasons), the story mode is what makes me cautious about buying the game. I don't want to play through them to unlock content if they're all THAT bad.

The Pirates one isn’t that bad – thanks to the boats. The other two are tedious, but you might actually have some fun hunting out the unlockables.
The play sets aren’t unplayable, they just aren’t worth the money to play them… if that makes sense. Like, if the plan was to buy the game to play the Play Sets, I’d warn you not to – but as you’re only interested in the Toolbox, it might not be such a hassle to sludge through the story modes. And it might even give you some ideas on how to use the pieces you unlock.
The toys I planned to get were Davey Jones and the MU characters for this wave then Wreck it Ralph, The Toy Story playset and possibly Sorcerer Mickey.

This… this is where you might have a problem.
As I said before, you don’t get everything in a Play Set unless you have all the characters from the Play Set – so you’ll be missing some of the Pirates pieces, if that’s a thing that would bother you. Like I say above – if you get the two 3-packs, you’ll have all Pirates and All Monsters. For the same price as getting the Pirates and Monsters, you get two Incredibles for ‘free’.

If having a few Pirates pieces locked doesn’t bother you, then your plan seems solid. 3 Monsters, 2 Pirates, 1 Incredible, 2 Wreak it Ralph – that’s 120 spins from levels alone and 45 spins from the ‘heroic challenge’ missions the figures can do – 165 spins. You get some free spins from the introduction world – so you should make it to the 180 spins you need to unlock all the non-Play-Set items in the toy box.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:19:44 28/08/2013 by Tel Prydain
#197 Posted: 10:36:25 28/08/2013
All right, I'll get both triple packs then. So over all I do have a good plan 3 from MU, 3 Pirates, 2 from Incredible, 2 from Wreak it Ralph, 3 from Toy Story and Sorcerer Mickey. My mom is buying the game for me and possibly with the triple packs, while I'll get Ralph and Toy Story for Christmas.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me