Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Special Edition Promo Green Gill Grunt [CLOSED]
GhostRoasting Green Sparx Gems: 427
#1 Posted: 08:04:00 15/08/2013 | Topic Creator
A new chase variant has appeared on eBay, a Special Edition Gill Grunt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...2-/360718516873

[User Posted Image]
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#2 Posted: 08:05:56 15/08/2013
<333333
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#3 Posted: 12:19:58 15/08/2013
HOW MANY VARIANTS ARE GOING TO APPEAR BEFORE SWAP-FORCE RELEASES!

*ahem*

Sorry, but there have been at least 4-5 variants, including this one, that have released 2-3 months before Swap-Force released. It is getting rather annoying.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#4 Posted: 12:20:52 15/08/2013
Quote: zookinator
HOW MANY VARIANTS ARE GOING TO APPEAR BEFORE SWAP-FORCE RELEASES!

to many....
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 14:00:04 15/08/2013
Employee exclusive, apparently.

It's BS. They have several collectors trying to get these figures, when they make 2 figures that employees are told to KEEP, not sell.

Not fair for the collectors that bust their butts trying to get all of these things. Make it even tougher by teasing a figure that only good employees keep, and the dumb ones sell for over $300... smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#6 Posted: 16:35:08 15/08/2013
.......oh god, not the employee prims break all over

booooooooooooo!
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#7 Posted: 16:57:03 15/08/2013
Oh well... guess I'll have to look for green paint. These customs are hard to do!
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 17:03:55 15/08/2013
This isn't related to Swap Force at all.
---
#9 Posted: 17:05:53 15/08/2013
Quote: Matteomax
This isn't related to Swap Force at all.

ninja'd.......i was thinking that too!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 17:33:59 15/08/2013
Well, technically they give away promotional swag to vendors in all sorts of different fandoms. I think it's cool that they make such high quality stuff for them. Probably good on that end for support.

But technically, shoudn't this be like a Gamescon exclusive or something? I know the retailer put that it was exclusive to vendors but certainly something like the employee Prism Break would mention that it was exclusive to vendors or employees or whatever. Not just a "special edition" sticker.

And speaking of which, we should have seen more up for sale, right?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#11 Posted: 18:13:18 15/08/2013
Can this thread please be merged with this one:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=86430

We really don't need two active threads to discuss the same item.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#12 Posted: 20:19:09 15/08/2013
Where can I get this o.o
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 03:52:25 24/08/2013
~$550 for latest one that sold on eBay. Wowzers.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#14 Posted: 05:33:50 24/08/2013
Want but $100 max. 550 is nuts
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#15 Posted: 09:32:17 24/08/2013
Another variant. Thank you activision....
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
#16 Posted: 10:21:32 24/08/2013
Quote: MRskylanderT
Another variant. Thank you activision....

yeah, it is starting to work on my nerves
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#17 Posted: 16:26:04 24/08/2013
Realy....they should just sell the RFID chips with the "Speical" tag so people can make there own. I should have enough money saved up next week to resin case my own clear versions.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#18 Posted: 16:33:24 24/08/2013
There is a guy preselling on ebay for 115---I don't like the presale thing though
and we already have a thread on this from a week or two ago...
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:53 24/08/2013 by shelly9871
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#19 Posted: 20:46:46 24/08/2013
[User Posted Image]

and this...
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#20 Posted: 05:11:19 25/08/2013

It's BS. They have several collectors trying to get these figures, when they make 2 figures that employees are told to KEEP, not sell.

Not fair for the collectors that bust their butts trying to get all of these things. Make it even tougher by teasing a figure that only good employees keep, and the dumb ones sell for over $300... smilie

This seems incredibly entitled, even for you Matteomax. If an employer chooses to offer its employees a cool piece of free kit, why should that bug you? We all need to just calm down and remember these variants are just vanity pieces. Its not like they get a Chinese Dragon Skylander figure for all their employees or a Prototype-Bouncer.

If you want it, pony up for it. Otherwise buy a can of green paint for a few bucks.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#21 Posted: 05:17:31 25/08/2013

Where was this confirmed--that it's an employee edition?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:17:48 25/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
#22 Posted: 13:21:23 25/08/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Where was this confirmed--that it's an employee edition?

One of the sellers said that in his description.
---
#23 Posted: 14:56:51 25/08/2013
Doesnt it say employee on the cardboard backing? (Edit--just looked and I see it says special edition.) Fyi--one of the ebay sellers told me that they havent really given them out yet. Only a few people got them ahead of time. Could be true could be not true but I thought id share. Regarding an employeer giving out something special to its employees--wouldnt it be crappy if they didn't? Also--my employer gives us special gifts and sometimes--I cant use them so I gave them away. If I could get a decent price for the gifts, who knows-maybe id sell them. Its not what the employer has in mind but you cant dictate what someone does with a gift. If I got a Skylanders figure clearly id keep it--but thats something we are into. If someone is that upset about an employer releasing a special gift for their employees--don't buy one. If you define your collection as needing the employee versiond to be complete--maybe you should redefine what "complete" means to you. But we can't fault a company for doing something for their employees and we shouldn't fault an employee for doing whatever he or she wants with the gift.
Personally--we want the employee versions. But I am not paying $600 for the figure. Hopefully down the line there will be other less expensive options. Do I wish there was nothing more released anywhere until Swap Force, yes, but I am not blaming or angry.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:31 25/08/2013 by shelly9871
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#24 Posted: 16:15:30 25/08/2013
$500+ for one little plastic toy is utterly ridiculous, no matter how rare or how new.

Wealth is relative to many people, and obviously some people have too much on their hands ... and I understand that it's a free market economy, and that's how it works ... but seriously ... I can see shelling out one hundred or two hundred dollars if you're really a gung-ho rabidly aggressive collector ... but $500+? C'mon. We need a little dose of sanity sprinkled on the Skylanders community, methinks.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#25 Posted: 17:12:22 25/08/2013
Yep--totally agreed--crazy price. But if someone wants to pay it...its their money, their call.
---
#26 Posted: 17:25:52 25/08/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
$500+ for one little plastic toy is utterly ridiculous, no matter how rare or how new.

Wealth is relative to many people, and obviously some people have too much on their hands ... and I understand that it's a free market economy, and that's how it works ... but seriously ... I can see shelling out one hundred or two hundred dollars if you're really a gung-ho rabidly aggressive collector ... but $500+? C'mon. We need a little dose of sanity sprinkled on the Skylanders community, methinks.

Ya but maybe that person is like a baseketball player or baseball player and $500 is nothing to them when they make 20mil a yr. It's sad but true.
Or... it could be some crazy diehard fan, who knows.
#27 Posted: 17:47:24 25/08/2013

This. Even I, a Skylanders nut, wouldn't pay that price for him. I'll wait till it's down to $200.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#28 Posted: 09:33:02 28/08/2013
Quote: ShinkenRed

This seems incredibly entitled, even for you Matteomax. If an employer chooses to offer its employees a cool piece of free kit, why should that bug you? We all need to just calm down and remember these variants are just vanity pieces. Its not like they get a Chinese Dragon Skylander figure for all their employees or a Prototype-Bouncer.

If you want it, pony up for it. Otherwise buy a can of green paint for a few bucks.

Mmmm, sorry, gotta agree with Matteomax on this one. Activision giving their employees and/or special people a free figure? Great. Make it a figure that isn't released yet? Fine. But a figure that will NEVER be released? Now that smacks of favouritism, of special treatment. Special treatment beyond what is acceptable, that is. These ARE collectibles and they know it, they designed them that way. Employee, Don't-Sell exclusives makes them unnecessarily hard to find (theoretically impossible), artificially cranking up their rarity. They're openly manipulating the values, and THAT is not right.

And before calling ME entitled (or selfish, or just thinking of myself, or whatever other way you or anyone else might attempt to dismiss and ignore my words), if this WAS a true retail variant, I still wouldn't hunt it down, I would still probably never own it. Releasing it would probably bring the after-market price down to like $200, I will never pay more than about $50, these ARE plastic toys, after all, with a questionable potential for future value. Any figures I buy will be to play with, and there's no way I'll ever get $200 of joy out of any one figure. I am arguing on principle alone.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#29 Posted: 12:35:05 28/08/2013
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this one. If you look at a Skylander and have to ask if it's official, or someone's cleverly re-packaged custom, then it's not worth fussing over, because that means it looks like someone could have done it in their garage. I could probably actually do this paint job myself with an airbrush and some metallic paint. It wouldn't be a factory paint job, but there would probably be better attention to detail and the end result is generally going to be the same.

Personally, I would never, ever pay over retail for one of these figures. Ever. It's just not a wise investment and I refuse to waste any more money than I need to on them.

Anyway, if Activision wants to come up with special gifts for employees and individuals of special status, that's fine with me so long as it isn't a completely new character, or in-game variant. At least it's not like Infinity with their Sorcerer Mickey that you could only get if you went to that recent Disney convention.
#30 Posted: 13:46:00 28/08/2013
Agreed with both niceguy1 an Zer0.
I can understand the collection aspect of them...but i to am not paying $200 bucks for a toy that only cost $15.
Since these rares are just repaints, not in-game varients....(i can do that)...matter a fact, once i get my gold an white flocked Prism Break done i will post it...and it will look just like the real thing...the only difference will be when its put on the portal it won't say "Series 2 Speical" Lightcore Prism Break.
Just the reason im waiting for the Pumpkin Eye-Brawl to get in to the stores, because im not paying $40 bucks for a chase varient that cost $15.
---
#31 Posted: 14:09:08 28/08/2013

Yeah, stop the madness. I guess I can just as easily stop my variant collecting starting with this figure.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#32 Posted: 17:54:04 28/08/2013
Just found out you get it at the Gamestop Expo
go figure
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#33 Posted: 18:45:22 28/08/2013
Quote: Windumup
go figure

This hasn't been confirmed at all. I'm not saying that there isn't possibility that it's being given away at the GameStop Expo but I will say that none of my industry contacts have been able to find and I haven't seen it pop up on Twitter.
#34 Posted: 19:19:03 28/08/2013
I say they should give them to ppl as specials that's fine but mark them 1 out of 1000 etc and if said object ends up on ebay said employee gets in trouble.
#35 Posted: 19:26:31 28/08/2013
Quote: portalflip
go figure

This hasn't been confirmed at all. I'm not saying that there isn't possibility that it's being given away at the GameStop Expo but I will say that none of my industry contacts have been able to find and I haven't seen it pop up on Twitter.

It is now. 2 eBay listings have it in the description.
---
#36 Posted: 20:06:12 28/08/2013
The amount of rage over this topic baffles me.
---
Unique Character roster:
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#37 Posted: 20:16:17 28/08/2013
Quote: portalflip
go figure

It is now. 2 eBay listings have it in the description.

And there you go.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#38 Posted: 23:47:13 28/08/2013

Entitlement.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#39 Posted: 00:58:28 29/08/2013
Quote: UncleBob

Entitlement.

Nope. A call for justice and fair treatment.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#40 Posted: 02:15:02 29/08/2013

I don't get it either. Why are people mad that they are giving this out at a toy show? No one was mad when the Special Chop Chop or Hot Dog came out. Yes, it is a bit expensive but you are paying for the scarcity of it. Every company does it and in fact I do it everyday at my job.

As far as the comment of Fair treatment or whatever it was, Sorry kids but life is not fair. smilie I will leave it at that before I get myself in trouble.
#41 Posted: 02:23:47 29/08/2013

Entitlement.

I'm glad someone else gets it finally. Like I said a few posts ago, if you want it you have options to buy it. Not having a SECOND GREEN GILL GRUNT will in no way hinder your play experience.
---
Unique Character roster:
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#42 Posted: 03:19:26 29/08/2013
Quote: niceguy1

Entitlement.

Nope. A call for justice and fair treatment.

Spend the money to go to a development college, work for years to prove that you can develop for a major developer, get hired on, then help the developer and publisher develop a billion dollar title that breaks all kinds of sales records. Then, you too can get cool gifts from your employer!

Sound fair?
#43 Posted: 03:31:23 29/08/2013
Lol lol lol
---
#44 Posted: 03:39:08 29/08/2013
I think the gill looks cool. Maybe one day I'll find one for the cheap, if not oh well smilie
#45 Posted: 05:18:58 29/08/2013
For all of you freaking out over this Special Edition Gill Grunt...and you want one. smilie
Its called go buy a S2 Gill Grunt for $10 bucks...then go to your local auto parts store, go to the auto paints aisle and find a metallic green that matches the one in the picture above, also get some pinstrip tape. Go home ...use the tape to mask off the orange base, use some elmer's white glue to mask off his eyes. (wait for glue to dry) mist the metallic green paint on in several thin coats till its well coated(letting each coat dry)Let it sit over night...use a xacto knife and score around the eyes and remove the elmer's glue carefully. TA DA ...all done you now have your very own smilie Special Edition Gill Grunt smilie
---
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#46 Posted: 06:00:39 29/08/2013
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
For all of you freaking out over this Special Edition Gill Grunt...and you want one. smilie
Its called go buy a S2 Gill Grunt for $10 bucks...then go to your local auto parts store, go to the auto paints aisle and find a metallic green that matches the one in the picture above, also get some pinstrip tape. Go home ...use the tape to mask off the orange base, use some elmer's white glue to mask off his eyes. (wait for glue to dry) mist the metallic green paint on in several thin coats till its well coated(letting each coat dry)Let it sit over night...use a xacto knife and score around the eyes and remove the elmer's glue carefully. TA DA ...all done you now have your very own smilie Special Edition Gill Grunt smilie

I disagree!

...I would recommend Silly Putty to mask off the eyes, instead of Elmer's White Glue, so as to minimize the chances of peeling off the eye decals. You don't have to wait for it to dry, either. smilie

Also, from the picture, it looks like there's a little bit of a brown top coat in places, or maybe a bronze. It's hard to tell.

But yeah, seriously, it'll cost you $10, or less, to make your own with minimal skill involved.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:01:52 29/08/2013 by Zer0
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#47 Posted: 11:39:35 29/08/2013
I agree with your point completely. But the OCD side of me says the water jets and base would not be a clear swamp-green plastic like the original, and I would lie awake at night staring at it like some sort of abomination. ;P
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
#48 Posted: 13:55:24 29/08/2013
Oh yeah forgot about silly putty....good idea smilie
Im sure the base is metallic green also...like all the other "one colored" chase varients...but if the water jets are clear green....thats easy enough to do...mask them off as well and hand paint them with clear green paint...Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint is a good paint to use. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:33 29/08/2013 by Phoenix_Lord
#49 Posted: 14:11:39 29/08/2013
Oh, trust me, they aren't clear.
---
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#50 Posted: 19:20:17 29/08/2013
Quote: Zer0
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

I disagree!

...I would recommend Silly Putty to mask off the eyes, instead of Elmer's White Glue, so as to minimize the chances of peeling off the eye decals. You don't have to wait for it to dry, either. smilie

Also, from the picture, it looks like there's a little bit of a brown top coat in places, or maybe a bronze. It's hard to tell.

But yeah, seriously, it'll cost you $10, or less, to make your own with minimal skill involved.

Thats how i made my "Special" chrome spyro. it looks pretty spot on. i spent a maximum of $5 including the figure, whereas some people spent hundreds. it's funny, really.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me