Page 1 of 1
About That Flying Cow "Glitch" [CLOSED]
YellowGemiinii Green Sparx Gems: 184
#1 Posted: 16:15:24 27/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay, so we all know about the weird glitch where you find a cow flying around the homeworld, randomly pooping out tiny enemies, right?

Well, I was watching LXShadow's Let's Play of Spyro 1 Beta, and when he got bored and had nothing else to put in the annotated comments, he revealed that this cow is supposed to happen.

It's not a glitch. The cow's flight pattern is coded into the game, but LX couldn't find what triggers it. But apparantly some players have done whatever it is.

So for some reason it's supposed to happen, which is kind of weird when you think about it. All I know is that I've never experienced it myself.

It was probably a testing procedure thing. Though I'm not 100% sure what fuction it could have been testing, or why they chose a cow pooping enemies as the spawn object. And either they forgot to remove it, left there on purpose, or it wasn't a test thing and it was put there to annoy us.

I'll try to find the video LX talks about it in, I'd have to re-watch the whole Let's Play of the Spyro Beta, but I'll definately go find it.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#2 Posted: 14:23:37 03/04/2014
This game is so rushed that they probably thought to throw in a couple of tricks to make it seem like it wasn't
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#3 Posted: 14:28:18 04/04/2014
I've never heard of that.
Interesting... gross, but interesting.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 14:40:51 04/04/2014
The chances are it was a test, possibly to test the UFO coding. But, for one reason or another, they chose to use the cow instead of the UFO (perhaps at the time the model wasn't made or just flat out wasn't working, so they tested with another model to find the problem).

That's my opinion, at least.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#5 Posted: 17:02:42 02/05/2014
Maybe Spyro was possibly supposed to chase the cow to get a dragonfly with some sort of flying mechinsim?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#6 Posted: 21:16:23 02/05/2014
^ It wouldn't surprise me TBH
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#7 Posted: 02:04:55 03/05/2014
I'm pretty sure LXShadow confirmed it to be for testing. I really wish someone could make some sort of working Model extractor for this game so we could see all the hidden stuff. The Cow model is only supposed to appear in Crop Circle Country, so it doing this in the HUB is peculiar...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me