darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > which s1 SF core chars would you want to see as a future s2?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
which s1 SF core chars would you want to see as a future s2? [CLOSED]
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#51 Posted: 18:14:32 03/04/2014
Agree to disagree about Fryno. Maybe it's because I played him a lot more so I'm more familiar with him(definitely playing a part but it's honestly hard for me to tell in this case), but I find Wind-Up more powerful than Fryno. smilie

Agreed about Dune Bug, though. Heck, maybe turning his Dune Ball into a damaging move would be the best option. I feel like making it damage enemies while they're trapped in there wouldn't be very WOW but it would probably be the best thing for his gameplay. I usually like underpowered Skylanders, but this guy is almost as bad as Rip Tide to me, because I don't even enjoy his gimmick. It is at least better than Rip Tide's forced gimmick (because it actually makes sense with his design, and adds something new to his gameplay) and it's at least unique, but I just don't find it fun at all. I actually like the idea but the execution feels bad. Also, I don't know if it's just me aiming badly, but it feels like you have to be point at enemies just a bit too precisely to hit them... which I hate. I'll admit I haven't picked him up since I maxed him out, but that's how I felt when I first played him.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#52 Posted: 19:45:08 03/04/2014
Your feelings aren't wrong at all with Dune Bug. I can only really use him in the arenas where the balls easily bounce and there are a plethora of guys to take advantage of it. I think your idea is a fair one too, he just NEEDS something to outright do additional damage. Right now he feels like a weaker version of Hoot Loop - and that's not a good place to be. I don't even bother with DB anymore - it's just frustrating because I love the concept - the execution just needs a lot of help. For all the work associated with using the ball, it needs to hit HARD.
- Unreall
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#53 Posted: 13:04:20 05/04/2014
I'd be happy with no more reposes, I only get one of any character anyway. I can totally see Zoo Lou becoming lightcore though.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#54 Posted: 18:32:10 08/04/2014
Well, to be honest, I don't see much harm in reposes, as they give people who missed a certain character the first time around another chance to get said character. As I my first game was Giants, I ended up with 4 S2s, being smilie,smilie,smilie and smilie and a Lightcore smilie, along with my smilie from my Giants PS3 starter kit and my smilie and smilie from SSA 3DS in my main team, alongside smilie as well. But, I find reposes pointless if I have an older version of a reposed character. In a nutshell,reposes are nice, but only necessary to get a character that I missed. I haven't played with any of the SSF cores, but I'm contemplating getting the LC smilie, as I wanted him in the SSA days, but I got a perfectly fine smilie, so yeah. And heck, I actually have an S1 smilie from SSA 3DS laying around, due to the fact that my sister now likes the S3 Ninja smilie from my SSF Wii U starter kit that i'd thought would never be used, and she doesn't want to use the S1 smilie anymore due to her liking the ninja costume and the tiger upgrade of S3 Ninja smilie, but after using S1 smilie for a little while in SSF, I realized she's pretty fun to play as, but I doubt she'll replace my S2 smilie.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
#55 Posted: 22:50:44 11/04/2014
Also, Grim Creeper needs a Wow Pow DESPERATELY. I haven't touched him for ages, so my memory of him is hazy and these may just be wrong, but I've said these whenever I've mentioned him before:

Grim Scythe- NO reason to use anything besides the scythe spin, unless you wanna mix things up. It out-damages the regular scythe and is faster, plus always knocks up enemies(the only thing the regular scythe has over it is a slightly better range to the sides but it's easy enough to turn the spinning scythe so this doesn't matter). Ghost Form is too slow to use and simply isn't a good enough attack, and the benefits it offers aren't that good.
Spooky Specter- Underpowered. His Ghost Form is still slow and doesn't deal enough damage. Still little reason to use a regular scythe attack over the spinning one, for the same reasons. He lacks any offensive presence, and is left vulnerable too easily with his Ghost Form because of its slowness.

And he's just not fun to use. So, I think that his Ghost Form could be given a Wow-Pow, which benefits both paths. It should be faster so that you can actually use it as an escape move, and it should deal more damage to the enemy you hit at the end with it(also perhaps cause a reasonably sized explosion, to make it even more worth using as an attack), which could fix the damage issue. Also, his regular Scythe move doesn't deserve the Wow Pow over the Ghost Form IMO, but it should get a damage buff or be able to hit faster in the next game. Lastly, his spinning scythe needs to be nerfed IMO, it's just too spammable(and not in a fun way- it's just boring), it should be that every SECOND hit to an enemy it'll knock them up. He should become a meleeist focused around using Ghost Form to jump around. (That actually seems too similar to Scratch, though... Maybe give Scratch some kind of Wow Pow to help them play differently from eachother? I haven't played Scratch yet because she isn't out here, so I don't know.)

Rip Tide should have a Wow Pow. I thought about it, and the problem with him is that switching fish feels pointless and too gimmicky, for what feels like an average melee character. Perhaps the Wow Pow could be something like, switching fish makes the new fish deal extra damage for a while- ala Pop Thorn's upgrade that has the same effect on his Pop and Puff. Maybe make Rip Tide faster as well so he's a bit more different from Pop Thorn. It'd make him somewhat of a hectic character to play with, switching between fish to deal maximum damage. The whale also deserves a buff- it leaves you vulnerable and doesn't hit hard enough. It should have a damage increase. I thought about wether to make it faster or give it a damage buff but I think making it a slow, tricky to use but hard hitting move would help set it apart from his other moves more, and would ensure it didn't become too spammable. Of course, a slight speed increase definitely wouldn't hurt, as even with a damage buff it might be left too hard to use. I haven't played Rip Tide in a while just like Grim Creeper either, but does the whale knock enemies back? If it doesn't, it totally should as well, because unlike Grim Creeper's spinning scythe it looks like an attack that actually would do that(and it'd help make it easier to use).
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:57:52 11/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#56 Posted: 23:08:28 11/04/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Also, Grim Creeper needs a Wow Pow DESPERATELY. I haven't touched him for ages, so my memory of him is hazy and these may just be wrong, but I've said these whenever I've mentioned him before:

Grim Scythe- NO reason to use anything besides the scythe spin, unless you wanna mix things up. It out-damages the regular scythe and is faster, plus always knocks up enemies(the only thing the regular scythe has over it is a slightly better range to the sides but it's easy enough to turn the spinning scythe so this doesn't matter). Ghost Form is too slow to use and simply isn't a good enough attack, and the benefits it offers aren't that good.
Spooky Specter- Underpowered. His Ghost Form is still slow and doesn't deal enough damage. Still little reason to use a regular scythe attack over the spinning one, for the same reasons. He lacks any offensive presence, and is left vulnerable too easily with his Ghost Form because of its slowness.

And he's just not fun to use. So, I think that his Ghost Form could be given a Wow-Pow, which benefits both paths. It should be faster so that you can actually use it as an escape move, and it should deal more damage to the enemy you hit at the end with it(also perhaps cause a reasonably sized explosion, to make it even more worth using as an attack), which could fix the damage issue. Also, his regular Scythe move doesn't deserve the Wow Pow over the Ghost Form IMO, but it should get a damage buff or be able to hit faster in the next game. Lastly, his spinning scythe needs to be nerfed IMO, it's just too spammable(and not in a fun way- it's just boring), it should be that every SECOND hit to an enemy it'll knock them up. He should become a meleeist focused around using Ghost Form to jump around. (That actually seems too similar to Scratch, though... Maybe give Scratch some kind of Wow Pow to help them play differently from eachother? I haven't played Scratch yet because she isn't out here, so I don't know.)

Rip Tide should have a Wow Pow. I thought about it, and the problem with him is that switching fish feels pointless and too gimmicky, for what feels like an average melee character. Perhaps the Wow Pow could be something like, switching fish makes the new fish deal extra damage for a while- ala Pop Thorn's upgrade that has the same effect on his Pop and Puff. Maybe make Rip Tide faster as well so he's a bit more different from Pop Thorn. It'd make him somewhat of a hectic character to play with, switching between fish to deal maximum damage. The whale also deserves a buff- it leaves you vulnerable and doesn't hit hard enough. It should have a damage increase. I thought about wether to make it faster or give it a damage buff but I think making it a slow, tricky to use but hard hitting move would help set it apart from his other moves more, and would ensure it didn't become too spammable. Of course, a slight speed increase definitely wouldn't hurt, as even with a damage buff it might be left too hard to use. I haven't played Rip Tide in a while just like Grim Creeper either, but does the whale knock enemies back? If it doesn't, it totally should as well, because unlike Grim Creeper's spinning scythe it looks like an attack that actually would do that(and it'd help make it easier to use).

If anything. I think Rip Tide's Wow-Pow should be throwing the whale by holding down X (On Wii U). Almost all melee characters in SWAP Force beg for combos. I can tell they didn't want to be predictable, but combos can be very helpful and strong. Most VV's upgrades were fantastic, while some SUCKED.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#57 Posted: 23:12:18 11/04/2014
^ Grim Creeper needs combos especially. I don't understand why they made his primary attack so... Useless.

They could even make it a more subtle combo, like if you use the regular scythe move once or twice and then shift into Ghost form, that shifting in will cause a mini-explosion. (Heh I'm obsessed with explosions on Grim Creeper.) Not quite a combo, just a little bonus for using his primary move with his Ghost Form. It wouldn't fix the scythe move itself but at least it'd have more of a point.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:18:26 11/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#58 Posted: 23:31:01 11/04/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ Grim Creeper needs combos especially. I don't understand why they made his primary attack so... Useless.

They could even make it a more subtle combo, like if you use the regular scythe move once or twice and then shift into Ghost form, that shifting in will cause a mini-explosion. (Heh I'm obsessed with explosions on Grim Creeper.) Not quite a combo, just a little bonus for using his primary move with his Ghost Form. It wouldn't fix the scythe move itself but at least it'd have more of a point.

Here are my combo ideas (On Wii u).

Y,Y hold Y: Scythe spin.
Y,Y, hold A: Scythe Uppercut, hitting enemies in to the air.
Y,Y, hold X: Scythe Slam. Stab scythe into the ground and make a small shockwave.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me