darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > which s1 SF core chars would you want to see as a future s2?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
which s1 SF core chars would you want to see as a future s2? [CLOSED]
bloody Green Sparx Gems: 238
#1 Posted: 14:31:15 27/02/2014 | Topic Creator
IMy list - s2 I would buy again.

Smolderdash - I expected nothing from her, but she quickly became the only fire I enjoy playing. Alot of nice skills that allow characters interaction to alter or improve the outcome. S2 yes please.

Popthorn - cutest thing ever and good dynamic skills that plays on the theme of inflate and exhale. Good concept and good execution. S2 yes please.

Bumble blast - my most played life character, the perfect kiter. However I find having honey bombs and honey spit to much, one honey coater skill would of been good enough. Honey bombs should of had an upgrade in the honey-path which is weak. Bee-path is very strong though, almost to strong. Considering buying lightcore version too (got xmas edition). S2 yes please.

Havent played all SF s1, but those are my favorites that I would buy again of the 6 SF S1 I've played.

Most disappointing s1 so far has been wind-up. Thought his concept was clever and playful, but I don't get any enjoyment playing him.
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#2 Posted: 15:08:52 27/02/2014
Hm.....the ones I would want to see as a series 2 are:
-Grim Creeper
-StarStrike
-Riptide

And going off figure alone:
-Scratch
-Punkshock
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 15:13:41 27/02/2014
None. Stop it with the repose crap. If they want to re-market older figures they need to follow the idea brought up on another thread and market them as a separate line with the older figures.

Reposes are causing harm to the franchise. They are sitting on the shelves, taking up space - triple packs in particular since they have a 2 to 1 ratio for reposes vs. new. What this tells retailers is that Skylanders star is falling and they don't cycle the inventory, which in turn doesn't get the new figures out as fast, and fans start to lose interest.

Parents learn quickly that reposes are just the same thing. They are trying to pull a fast one by giving them more "exciting" names this time instead of just "Series X", but it still isn't working. The figure count needs to be robust, but with limits. People needs to be able to see "Collecting 'em all" is feasible. When you are looking at a sixth version of the same character or a bloated list, you start to cut back.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 15:17:24 27/02/2014
Wind up
Punk shock
Bumble blast
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 15:21:33 27/02/2014
Dune Bug
Wind-Up
Pop Thorn
Scratch
---
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#6 Posted: 15:22:47 27/02/2014
Only one that I would really enjoy seeing a series 2 would be smolderdash. Mainly because I would love to see a wowpow for her. Of the other guys I have tried so far, none other really warrant a series 2 in my opinion. maybe roller brawl...
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#7 Posted: 15:24:37 27/02/2014
Definitely Roller Brawl, but I agree with defpally
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#8 Posted: 15:49:09 27/02/2014
Dune Bug, Rip Tide, Punk Shock, Pop Thorn, Scratch, Fryno, Scorp, Wind-Up, Roller Brawl

Basically, any characters that didn't have more than one figure (colour variant/lightcore)
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#9 Posted: 16:11:21 27/02/2014
I like Roller Brawl and my son is into Pop Thorn.

It would be really nice if they just started giving series 1 guys wow pows and stopped making 30 different versions of the same guy. I doubt they will stop making reposes as part of a games release.

On the separate toy line idea I have a question, how would you implement the new wow pow's? Many parents look at the little sticker and say "Oh cool this one will work with his giants game." but then they would get it home and be exactly the same as the guy he already has. That's why the series 2 and 3 guys don't have SSA on their sticker, the figure does work but not all the way. (just wondering because I do like the idea of the reposes being put into a "universe" set)
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#10 Posted: 16:23:47 27/02/2014
DuneBug......
#11 Posted: 17:59:41 27/02/2014
Quote: gta1134
On the separate toy line idea I have a question, how would you implement the new wow pow's? Many parents look at the little sticker and say "Oh cool this one will work with his giants game." but then they would get it home and be exactly the same as the guy he already has. That's why the series 2 and 3 guys don't have SSA on their sticker, the figure does work but not all the way. (just wondering because I do like the idea of the reposes being put into a "universe" set)

It wasn't my original idea, but I think the point was not to offer new Wow Pows or features, but to simply have this line for people to catch up on figures that were for previous games (a sort of "legacy" line), not to have "new and improved" versions of the old ones that vary only slightly with a new move.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#12 Posted: 23:53:13 27/02/2014
I'd say Grim Creeper, Dune Bug, Wind Up, Punk Shock, Fryno, Bumble Blast and Slobber Tooth. Now if the older characters Ghost Roaster, Voodood, Wham Shell for real and Boomer get reposed, then I'll be happy enough with that.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:25 03/03/2014 by GhostRoaster617
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#13 Posted: 00:07:14 28/02/2014
Countdown, Dune Bug, Slobber Tooth, Zoo Lou, Roller Brawl, Riptide, and Fryno.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#14 Posted: 02:01:50 28/02/2014
Just talking about the toys, I'd like to see an alt pose of popped Pop Thorn because he's adorable in both modes.
But with adventure pack characters, it's kinda hard to tell if they'll be reposed "soon" since only Terrafin or Slambam have been reposed within 3 games and they've been heavily-merchandised from the start. If we don't see a lightcore or series 2 Sunburn and Ghost Roaster next game since the SSA adventure packs lost their use in SF, there's gonna be lots of upset people :u
---
#all Spyros are valid
#15 Posted: 02:24:40 28/02/2014
Well the "universe" idea just lost me. I like the idea but only if they have new moves, if not these figures will clog up store shelves and slow the movement of newer figures into the stores. Yeah in a perfect world you would have a section for both in the store however places are looking to cram more varied inventory as opposed to making one larger area for one item, yeah it's technically a different game but so is SSA, giants and swap force but they are all put in the same spots aren't they.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#16 Posted: 02:26:24 28/02/2014
Um, probably Smoldy, Bumble, Scorp, Dune Bug, and Wind-Up.
---
#hu
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 02:54:41 28/02/2014
Well the "universe" idea just lost me. I like the idea but only if they have new moves, if not these figures will clog up store shelves and slow the movement of newer figures into the stores. Yeah in a perfect world you would have a section for both in the store however places are looking to cram more varied inventory as opposed to making one larger area for one item, yeah it's technically a different game but so is SSA, giants and swap force but they are all put in the same spots aren't they.

They wouldn't ship that often or ship many...not sure if you guys are noticing but the singles of the reposes aren't around as much. If they shipped this line in similar quantities they wouldn't languish like the triples.

Anywho, I'm over lightcore and I'm over wow pows. 90% of the wow pows have been crap. Do not pass go. Do not collect $2 billion.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#18 Posted: 06:54:24 28/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't mind reposes - dang I don't want to buy 32 new skylanders every game. That's expensive. I think reposes are fine, it means new players can catch up with old chars to their new game and it means I don't have to feel like buying 32 new chars every game, but still have an option for a powered up s2 with perks of my favorites. And old lines for previous games will still fill shelves even if reposes didn't exist. In Sweden it's hard to find SSA lines, but in America they still fill the shelves with SSA.
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#19 Posted: 12:54:10 28/02/2014
I dont mind star strike, smolderdash and scorp
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#20 Posted: 13:10:20 28/02/2014
Quote: defpally
None. Stop it with the repose crap. If they want to re-market older figures they need to follow the idea brought up on another thread and market them as a separate line with the older figures.

Reposes are causing harm to the franchise. They are sitting on the shelves, taking up space - triple packs in particular since they have a 2 to 1 ratio for reposes vs. new. What this tells retailers is that Skylanders star is falling and they don't cycle the inventory, which in turn doesn't get the new figures out as fast, and fans start to lose interest.

Parents learn quickly that reposes are just the same thing. They are trying to pull a fast one by giving them more "exciting" names this time instead of just "Series X", but it still isn't working. The figure count needs to be robust, but with limits. People needs to be able to see "Collecting 'em all" is feasible. When you are looking at a sixth version of the same character or a bloated list, you start to cut back.

I agree - I've been ant-repose for a while now, HOWEVER

It wouldn't be lost on me from a 'truly new experience' stand point - i.e. playstyle shifting WOW pows to go along with corrective action on the figures. I'd buy a repose of Ghost Roaster if he was tweaked and given a WOW that made him more useful than just mashing the skull attack over and over. Same for Sunburn who while she does good DPS with her firebreathe, everything else is super subpar.

So with regards to SF characters -I'd look at characters who are missing something or could use 'one thing'. Smolderdash was my fav SF from day one, with one of her three attacks being relegated to a 'state' change, she could go for another attack option via WOW Pow. Not necessary however, and personally, with her having a wasteful LC already to go along with her S1, she doesn't 'need' a repose as much as say...

Grim Creeper. Yes he has a Legendary, but of all the new characters so far, he's easily bottom of the barrel. His playstyle is erily similar to Sunburn...whom I feel needs corrective action as well...stuck in place attack, dash forward-invulnerability move. They both need something to add to their damage abilities to make them more fun - it's not even about tiering, they just aren't fun to sit there holding a button.

The only other S1 that could use a repose (forgetting name...the turtle/dinosaur with the tail attacks). He's so ineffective. He needs adjustment and a WoW Pow to help increase his offensive capabilities.
*shrug*

But we don't need a Spyo repose or Trigger Happy or gill Grunt or Eruptor, if they've been reposed that much, there is obviously no reason to do it again.
- Unreal
#21 Posted: 13:37:00 28/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

They wouldn't ship that often or ship many...not sure if you guys are noticing but the singles of the reposes aren't around as much. If they shipped this line in similar quantities they wouldn't languish like the triples.

Anywho, I'm over lightcore and I'm over wow pows. 90% of the wow pows have been crap. Do not pass go. Do not collect $2 billion.

Why on earth would they bother to make a line that they purposely mean to not ship many of, and how many people would freak out if they made a repose of a popular character that was hard to get before but since it is in the limited line it would be just as hard to get again or worse?
I understand your disdain for the reposes but if you want to put a different idea out there it has to make sense for them as well as for the people who don't want a repose. For that matter why does it make a difference if the toys are in alternate lines or in the main lines if you are just going to ignore them? Wouldn't it be the same if you aren't going to buy reposes either way?
---
#22 Posted: 15:33:04 28/02/2014
Why on earth would they bother to make a line that they purposely mean to not ship many of, and how many people would freak out if they made a repose of a popular character that was hard to get before but since it is in the limited line it would be just as hard to get again or worse?
I understand your disdain for the reposes but if you want to put a different idea out there it has to make sense for them as well as for the people who don't want a repose. For that matter why does it make a difference if the toys are in alternate lines or in the main lines if you are just going to ignore them? Wouldn't it be the same if you aren't going to buy reposes either way?

Because they will be using existing models, existing chips - just making more of them. And I think they could care less if some collector that paid lots so his Skylanders shrine has a rare figure but that figures then becomes common. Because Skylanders is made for kids, not OCD collectors that want to see the value of their "investment" retained. The idea is to allow more people to obtain rare figures without reposing figures over and over.

We all like Skylanders, but come on guys, we need to keep a little perspective. The game is targeted at kids. As a collector we might enjoy it, but we need to stop thinking we drive their marketing. If kids want more figures, those original ones are an easy, profitable option.
#23 Posted: 15:41:07 28/02/2014
However his idea was to repose figures not release the ones that are already out. If they were to repose the figure they would have to sculpt a new model then mold that and that costs money. If it was to just release the same figures that sounds great but why would they need to release a new line instead of just producing more of the same that they already have.

Anyway my post said nothing about retaining the collectablity of figures but instead said that if a figure that was rare the first time through and then was rare again would irritate people because they are still hard to get and the lines purpose was to get hard to get figures then just failed.
---
#24 Posted: 20:09:23 28/02/2014
However his idea was to repose figures not release the ones that are already out. If they were to repose the figure they would have to sculpt a new model then mold that and that costs money. If it was to just release the same figures that sounds great but why would they need to release a new line instead of just producing more of the same that they already have.

Anyway my post said nothing about retaining the collectablity of figures but instead said that if a figure that was rare the first time through and then was rare again would irritate people because they are still hard to get and the lines purpose was to get hard to get figures then just failed.

I'm not going to get too much into it, but for the quantity of figures, the lack of articulation, and the inclusion of 3D-Printing - it shouldn't be expensive to repose. You could in theory take a character model from in game, find a pose, add details as necessary to that, and 3D print it. Would it be free...no, but the cost would be pretty low, especially if from a development point you aren't really 'doing to much'.

I mean thinking about it, with the 'new generation' out there now, they could package SSA & Giants together on a single disc, and repose all the the characters that didn't get a repose - sans wow-pow, and make a few dollars. YES they would have to be mindful of which figures - there won't be a ma rush to get Shroomboom, but if they did the forget 8 or whatever tey are called and released a limited edition PS4/XBOne edition iwth those 8 figures, I'm sure a lot of people would bite. Hell "I" might bite and I already have everything - it would just be nice to not have to change systems, have everything in HD, only one portal in the room (I've personally split DI & SL in my house cause I didn't like the clutter heh).

But I don't actually like reposes nd don't actually WANT Activision to do that. I just cna see a little logic in it.
- Unreall
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#25 Posted: 00:28:44 01/03/2014
Eh, I'd prefer no reposes, lightcores I'm ok with, but if we needed reposes I'd say these 4:
Countdown, Zoo Lou, Punk Shock, and Grim Creeper
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#26 Posted: 05:46:50 01/03/2014
IMO If there going to continue to do Reposes, then they need to first catch up.
We need a Series 2 of:

Voodood
Boomer
Dino-Rang
Flashwing
Warnado
Sunburn
Wham-Shell
Shroomboom
Ghost Roaster
Fright Rider

Then they can throw in another 6 core Skylanders from Swap Force:
I think the Skylanders that need a Wow-Pow the most are:

Dune Bug
Countdown
Pop Thorn
Fryno
Rip Tide
Zoo Lou
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:48:02 01/03/2014 by Hazard335
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#27 Posted: 03:48:02 02/03/2014
Roller Brawl
Grim Creeper
Smolderdash,
Star Strike
Dunebug
Scratch
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#28 Posted: 04:15:16 02/03/2014
I would absolutely love to see more of Roller Brawl and Smolderdash, they're both my favorites out of the Newlanders. Some sort of dynamic new pose for Roller Brawl and maybe a smolder-armor Smolderdash (Soul Gem upgrade).

I would like to see some sort of LightCore Dune Bug, maybe with light-up staff, chest symbol, and eyes?

If we're talking classic characters, I really want to see a Boomer (of course, who doesn't?), and a LightCore Ghost Roaster.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#29 Posted: 04:23:17 02/03/2014
My favorite of the new characters that I'd like to see return in the future are:

Pop Thorn
Bumble Blast
Smolderdash
Wind Up

Ok maybe Star Strike too…**though I kind of like the idea of her more than actually playing her with the reflecting mechanic, it's pretty hard to pull off super well and keeps distracting me into taking hits and dying smilie

Sounds like I need to give Roller Brawl and Dune Bug more of a chance, they are pretty popular in this thread. And I guess we're leaving the swappers out, like how they aren't likely to repose Giants?

I would love to see an HD remaster and re-release of SA and Giants, it would be amazing if they added support for all the new characters! And I feel like it could be great bang for the buck from the developers' side, as a way to offer up tons of hours of more adventuring and content for people coming into the series late, and on next-gen consoles. Personally I went backwards in the series joining with Swap Force and I didn't really find the lack of jump in previous games annoying, it was mostly annoying to have to play SA in 480p in Wii mode on my Wii U hah. And also that I couldn't bring any of the newer characters back.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#30 Posted: 05:27:31 02/03/2014
Zoo Lou
Wind Up
Dune Bug
Scorp
Rip Tide
Pop Thorn
Grim Creeper
Fryno or Smolderdash
And a boomer.

That's all need.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#31 Posted: 12:00:00 02/03/2014
Wind-Up
Dune Bug
Scorp
Slobber tooth
Dino Rang
Sunburn
Rip Tide
Grim Creeper
Fryno
Scratch
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#32 Posted: 21:00:12 02/03/2014
I'd kinda prefer no reposes since it's annoying that basically getting a series 2 means your old series 1 figure is now weaker (wow pow) and less flexible (path-swapping) than the new version, and that's just lame.

That said if I were to buy a repose of a SF character, it'd certainly be Roller Brawl. She's just pure awesome and my favorite Skylander in terms of gameplay.
paintskylanders Blue Sparx Gems: 657
#33 Posted: 16:58:55 03/03/2014
a repose of all the giants would be awesome
#34 Posted: 14:20:47 05/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Ghost roaster retails second hand for 50-100usd (Sweden) and is no longer in any store. He certainly need a s2, unless you trying to make money selling rare s1 I don't see any harm in reposes. You guys haft to consider the stream of new players to each game, not everyone has played since SSA. And making 32 new chars for every game will probably hurt the game. With reposes parents can feel like their kids already got some chars for the new game so it's not back to square 1, that will just have parents say no more after 1 game.

Most people selling SSA and/or gaints secondhand own 3-12 chars. Your average player will never buy 56 skylanders even for 2, 3 or 4 games. Plain truth.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:15:34 05/03/2014 by bloody
#35 Posted: 15:13:45 05/03/2014
Quote: bloody
Ghost roaster retails second hand for 50-100usd (Sweden) and is no longer in any store. He certainly need a s2, unless you trying to make money selling rare s1 I don't see any harm in reposes. You guys haft to consider the stream of new players to each game, not everyone has played since SSA. And making 32 new chars for every game will probably hurt the game. With reposes parents can feel like their kids already got some chars for the new game so it's not back to square 1, that will just have parents say no more after 1 game.

Most people selling SSA and/or gaints secondhand own 3-12 chars. Your average player will never buy 32 skylanders even for 2 or 3 games. Plain truth.

There is one HUGE problem with this.

The reposes are mostly for easy to find characters. The only repose of a hard to find figure - was Whamshell. Ghost Roaster didn't get reposed. Boomer didn't get a repose. They did re-release Dino-Rang at least. But no, we got a repose of Chill and Trigger Happy - who is a 'main', but then we also got another repose for Chop Chop, and all the triple packs are like 2 reposes to 1 new character. To paint a picture...

[User Posted Image]

vs

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

And yes some of those are just variants, but it still represents a HUGE imbalance. There hasn't been a re-release of Ghost Roaster or Boomer. All arrows point to their won't be a re-release (I'd like to be wrong). so THAT'S the repose problem. And heck lets be honest, with Whamshell they didn't even add a Wow Pow...just an LED hahaha.
- Unreall
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#36 Posted: 22:21:00 05/03/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
Quote: bloody

Most people selling SSA and/or gaints secondhand own 3-12 chars. Your average player will never buy 32 skylanders even for 2 or 3 games. Plain truth.

There is one HUGE problem with this.

The reposes are mostly for easy to find characters. The only repose of a hard to find figure - was Whamshell. Ghost Roaster didn't get reposed. Boomer didn't get a repose. They did re-release Dino-Rang at least. But no, we got a repose of Chill and Trigger Happy - who is a 'main', but then we also got another repose for Chop Chop, and all the triple packs are like 2 reposes to 1 new character. To paint a picture...

And yes some of those are just variants, but it still represents a HUGE imbalance. There hasn't been a re-release of Ghost Roaster or Boomer. All arrows point to their won't be a re-release (I'd like to be wrong). so THAT'S the repose problem. And heck lets be honest, with Whamshell they didn't even add a Wow Pow...just an LED hahaha.
- Unreall

My sentiments exactly my friend. Reposes IMO should be nothing more than a way to help newer people get the older characters and smilie and smilie are just a couple of guys who need more than any of the over populated ones.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:39 05/03/2014 by GhostRoaster617
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#37 Posted: 17:50:22 27/03/2014
Definitely Smolderdash, though I want to see S2's for Scratch and Punk Shock as well.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#38 Posted: 19:46:25 27/03/2014
I don't normally buy reposes but I would like to see a series 2 Pop Thorn toy in deflated form. I'd also like a repose of Pop Fizz in beast form.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#39 Posted: 20:08:23 27/03/2014
I guess maybe I am in the minority, as most people on here seem to buy nearly every figure, but I decided I had to make a decision about how to limit buying some of the characters once Giants made it clear they would be making tons of figures. I easily sold the 24 original figures from SSA for $150 before Giants came out because I decided I was going to get the series 2 characters. This probably got me back 80-90% of what I spent so to pay like $30 to "rent" those figures was fine with me. Of the 16 reposes that Swap Force had, many were great for me as I decided once Giants was coming out that I would only be buying the rarer, variant version of characters or the Lightcore version because those would likely never be getting a repose. Thanks to this strategy, I had only 9 real duplicate characters and I sold those for just under $50. I am fine with reposes, especially when they are characters who had a variant or got a Lightcore. I am much less interested in series 3 and possibly even series 4 characters, but if we got series 2 versions of Star Strike, Zoo Lou, Grim Creeper, Slobber Tooth, Countdown, Smolderdash or Bumble Blast I would be fine with that as I don't have their regular versions anyway.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#40 Posted: 20:14:18 27/03/2014
Scorp, Rollerbrawl, Dune Bug, Fryno, and Punk Shock.

I would very much like to see their other path and they dont have doubles already.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#41 Posted: 20:31:55 27/03/2014
I would like to see every figure not reused in the next game. Id like brand new core figures. If any repose be it the ones that are from SSA that werent in swap force and heck id be fine with a real series 2 of whamshell and warnado. I know spyro and his gang are important but this game has gotten past that i feel at this point. Also triples need to be all new figures as their point is to save ppl money. Maybe they need release these later in their yearly cycle? or at least make them 2 new and 1 repose, this 2 repose and 1 new is horrible and not working as you can walk into any toysrus etc and see giants triples around.

I feel if pokemon can use new figures each game etc then skylanders can too. If they really need reposes just put them in the starter or put them ONLY in the triple packs and be done with it.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#42 Posted: 17:25:27 28/03/2014
NONE they serously need to stop bringing out those stupid reposes, it makes your older versions feel stupid... its just a stupid thing for Activision to gain some money
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#43 Posted: 17:31:25 28/03/2014
The doubles to me serve a purpose to an extent for the other path, but if there are more than two versions be it legendary, repose, or variant i dont see the purpose
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#44 Posted: 18:14:28 28/03/2014
I am fine with reposes happening years later. Like if skyladners last and they bring dune bug back for skylanders 9 or something
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#45 Posted: 01:07:47 29/03/2014
Skylanders 9... i hope that won't happen.... not that i hate Skylanders of course i really love it, but they are just starting to milk the series if you ask me...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
PlummyPress Red Sparx Gems: 31
#46 Posted: 02:27:34 03/04/2014
I'd like to see a S2 Tree Rex all suited up in his upgraded armor.
Ghost Roaster, of course but to be honest I really don't care for Lightcore figures. While I like the light up feature, I don't think the light bomb is a fair trade off for a wow pow. At least it isn't with my style of play.
I love Hex, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, and Trigger Happy, but I'm tired of taking them through low levels. I'd like to see these characters take a break for Skylanders 4.
---
www.plummypress.blogspot.com
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#47 Posted: 05:36:08 03/04/2014
Fryno needs something to help set him apart from Wind-Up more. As it is he just feels like a weaker Wind-Up, who requires more recharge time, and has more trouble keeping enemies knocked up, although he can tank one more hit than Wind-Up can and seems just a wee bit faster with the motorcycle.
Wind-Up does two important things that Fryno does better, though: he can hit enemies around him better than Fryno can pounding the ground with his Overcrank, and if he wants to deal a lot of damage to one enemy with a melee move, toss a spring at them to keep them incapacitated while you head over and then keep attacking them in the air. But even more important than those two, he's so much easier to keep charged up. So he won't be left like a sitting duck in situations Fryno would, and it's easier to recover from any situations where you have wasted Crank.

And honestly, I don't think that Fryno's motorcycle is that much fun to use. It's disappointing because there's a whole path for it. I guess Fryno's Wow Pow could involve the morotcycle. I hate to just copy an idea but I think they should do what they did with Ignitor's Wow Pow: make it so that the motorcycle leaves a trail of fire that deals damage to enemies. And maybe boost the damage it does when it hits to 50(Brawler)/something like 65-75(Fryno's Hot Shop), also boost Hot Shop's explosion's damage to 35-40, because it's lacking a bit there(it just feels like it should be more powerful). Or, make it so the motorcycle can pound enemies with hits more often, somehow(though that sounds a bit cheap because you'd keep knocking them up and they couldn't hit you at all, I'd go with fire+slight damage boost). As it is I just use Fryno's motorcycle to knock enemies up, but with a Wow-Pow which made it better offensively I might actually use as an attack on its own more often. Plus, a motorcycle upgrade is something which both paths would find useful. If they balanced it correctly and didn't make it too strong (read: cheap and spammable) it could be wonderful!

They could give a boost to his ground slam so that's stronger and it's easier to charge but I think that he'd still stay too similar to Wind-Up if they did that. Boosting his motorcycle is the way to go IMO. It's basically the only thing he has over Wind-Up. And it should be made absolutely badbutt.

They should totally make him look like Ghost Rider, too. Change his skin to a burned grey/black colour and do the same with his gauntlets and call it a day. And tweak the motorcycle design a bit, maybe(ooh! If they added a light to the front of it, maybe that light could shine on the ground, and that'd be what's leaving the fire trail as you're going on the motorcycle?). No need to make too many changes to do that, he should still keep certain parts of his design too(like having more prominent fire on him than Ghost Rider does)... But I think it could look really cool.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:15:24 03/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
#48 Posted: 13:01:04 03/04/2014
Fryno seems like he hits a little harder than Wind Up, but I admit I havne't touched Wind Up in a while.

For me personally though, I actually prefer Fryno due to speed...the motorcycle helps me chew through the little guys and move htrough a stage super quick. You aren't wrong in comparing the two, it's pretty fair honestly, but Fryno does at least feel more damaging for me.
- Unreall
Brca72 Green Sparx Gems: 368
#49 Posted: 14:28:35 03/04/2014
I would love to see Wind Up (with a rusted version variant), Dune Bug, Scorp, Smolderdash, Classic Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Fright Rider
#50 Posted: 17:03:41 03/04/2014
Dune Bug needs a 'damage' WOW POW attack. his ball is fun, but his damage is so cruddy that is nigh usable for me.
- Unreall
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me