Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New leaked Skylanders from fritolays site
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
New leaked Skylanders from fritolays site [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#101 Posted: 22:44:58 26/02/2014
If you guys are still confused by that "air element" on the dolphin's belt, it's just a seashell. The background colors still prove that these Skylanders are only one element.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#102 Posted: 22:52:01 26/02/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Bifrost
Gotta be honest,Dragonfly guy has a design that's better than the Swaplanders all at once.Say what you will about how they took the archetypes up to eleven,but they were anything but mature,they were lazy.While this guy is far from original(hello Yanmega),his design just has a flow that feels fresh even if the leaf textures from Camo were reused. Batgirl reminds me too much of Smolderdash,but that depends if her legs are really a hurricane of bats or that's just to show off her power. Dolphin dude managed to repeat Thumpback's theme and still looking somewhat new,with the rock gauntlets and the nordic-themed sword.
I might suggest some names in a thread later for those who don't know what to submit/ideas for backstory,since I can't enter(Frito Lay doesn't exist in my country,so I guess it's kind of fair) but I really want to help.

Ugly is more like it, really. I still don't know what they were thinking with Stink Bomb. He looks like he came out of the 4Kids version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Plus, skunks aren't that hard to do. That it came out so ugly is just... Yuck.

Also, I actually kind of think the dolphin's the most original looking one. The bug looks like a mix between Camo and Drobot, and the witch just seems like another magic witch user that's been done several times. And the tornado she is riding on reminds me greatly of my own Skylander OC, Miss Squall. With the dolphin, I didn't even think of Thumpback until others brought it up. I'm still not sure it does resemble him.

I'm glad I'm not the only who who thinks this. He seems to be getting a lot of praise on here, but I think he looks ugly as sin. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#103 Posted: 23:09:23 26/02/2014
Has anyone else struggled trying to write the inspiration/background of the skylander within 200 characters or less? I can't believe I'm struggling so much with that part, I guess I have too many ideas..
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#104 Posted: 23:33:24 26/02/2014

Ugly is more like it, really. I still don't know what they were thinking with Stink Bomb. He looks like he came out of the 4Kids version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Plus, skunks aren't that hard to do. That it came out so ugly is just... Yuck.

Also, I actually kind of think the dolphin's the most original looking one. The bug looks like a mix between Camo and Drobot, and the witch just seems like another magic witch user that's been done several times. And the tornado she is riding on reminds me greatly of my own Skylander OC, Miss Squall. With the dolphin, I didn't even think of Thumpback until others brought it up. I'm still not sure it does resemble him.

Ugly and lazy.I posted that on a thread I ended up killing,but the character designs were repeated all over the place even when the character at least had a nice base to work with.These don't look original and unique,but they look somewhat different - Dragonfly guy has gloves and boots(not sure if you call them that) compared to the other dragons that lack acessories plus the second set of wings,and Batgirl has a simple and spooky-looking staff when the other Undead were weapon users or didn't need anything to use magic; while Magic guys had much more intricate staves.

Dolphin guy doesn't look like Thumback except for the pose and the main color,but he does remind me a lot because he's also ship-themed (also dolphins resemble whales in a few characteristics and whatnot). That doesn't mean he's any worse,specially since we already had Stump Smash and Tree Rex/Eruptor and Hot Head looking a lot like each other. As long as he's as fun to play as he looks,it doesn't matter if he resembles a Giant.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#105 Posted: 00:04:34 27/02/2014
Quote: Bifrost

Ugly and lazy.I posted that on a thread I ended up killing,but the character designs were repeated all over the place even when the character at least had a nice base to work with.These don't look original and unique,but they look somewhat different - Dragonfly guy has gloves and boots(not sure if you call them that) compared to the other dragons that lack acessories plus the second set of wings,and Batgirl has a simple and spooky-looking staff when the other Undead were weapon users or didn't need anything to use magic; while Magic guys had much more intricate staves.

Dolphin guy doesn't look like Thumback except for the pose and the main color,but he does remind me a lot because he's also ship-themed (also dolphins resemble whales in a few characteristics and whatnot). That doesn't mean he's any worse,specially since we already had Stump Smash and Tree Rex/Eruptor and Hot Head looking a lot like each other. As long as he's as fun to play as he looks,it doesn't matter if he resembles a Giant.

Absolutely true. If all the similar looking Skylanders were the same, then Pop Thorn/Wrecking Ball, Bash/Slobber Tooth, Spyro/Cynder and others lookalike wouldn't be' so original... smilie
And, come on! Thumpback use an anchor and causes mid ranged damages; that Dolphin looks like he would be more a melee character (and thus more similar to Rip Tide).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#106 Posted: 00:20:07 27/02/2014
Or maybe a defensive-focused Chop Chop-like character,considering the nice headpiece? It's about time we got a non-Giant that could benefit more from big health and defensive moves than simply someone who can only kill stuff up close. Sure,I won't ever get a fast Hex unless this game gives stuff like 25+ Speed hats or something along those lines,but she's a good example of a character with many defensive moves that can benefit from being close to enemies.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#107 Posted: 00:25:47 27/02/2014
My sister will probably go extremely crazy for the dolphin one (she loves dolphins and Skylanders alike smilie), but at the same time I can't help but feel that these new characters just aren't too original in their designs.

The dolphin one....... not only do I agree that he basically looks like a miniature Thumpback, but (I'm surprised no one brought this up yet) his weapon and shield.... They're almost identical to Doom Stone's, except just pirate themed.

And the bat girl, to put it simply: Looks like Hex and Warnado/Free Ranger had a baby. Enough said.

The dragonfly is probably the one I like the most, because he's the most original, although that's not saying too much; it's sort of just Camo with wings and Drobot's eyes. :/

Don't get me wrong, I do like the designs' feel; they definitely have the feel of the first two games' characters, but it just seems like some of the originality was thrown away. Maybe I'm just overreacting, and maybe I just have to see more of these characters before I have a real opinion on them, but this is just how I feel about the three for now. :/
---
Purple dragon.
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#108 Posted: 01:08:21 27/02/2014
My first impression when I look at these character design is bordering towards pokemon design
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#109 Posted: 02:44:18 27/02/2014
I went through a couple names but decided to name Camo 2.0 Guster.

And because of that he would have wind based attacks including a tornado that shoots forward (to bad we couldn't put attack ideas and a full background)

Hopefully he wins smilie

(Even though you can vote for all 3, I rather not let my lame names for Batnado and Dolphaneer be picked and will let someone else have the spot light on that one)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#110 Posted: 22:39:01 27/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Btw I am in favor of a bi-annual release, less figures etc...but they aren't making the game for collectors who "want them all", the 20 year old - 60 year old crowd who have unique demands...no---it's the 6-10 year old.

You remember Doug from Up? Yeah---that's the equivalent of the target market.

[User Posted Image]

Squirrel.

Which is why they are getting more stuck up on the fact of how much money they have been given. They think they will have people keep rushing into this? That's the thing. Most of all who haven't already been a part of it are the ones who are fueling it. While their target was the 6-10 crowd, it also took many who are far older than that. (I mean 20+) that actually enjoy the games as well. If they start pushing more of them out there goes much of their revenue. I'm sure they would start hemorrhaging money if by that way they start to go the route of making all the characters from previous games obsolete and no longer work with the new game. From what you said that is very possible by their statements. Why bother keeping support for figures if you want people to buy completely new lines of figures?

I think like many as it probably sounds from my tone it is simply a burn out. Even from the Swap force hunting I cut back severely from giants hunting, and I would assume many have done the same from there being too many figures and the overall investment. (Possibly 500 a year on one game is getting ridiculous imhp.)
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Supa Mama Luigi Green Sparx Gems: 277
#111 Posted: 08:32:45 01/03/2014
I see what you did there. smilie I still have that game
---
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario"
-Luigi
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#112 Posted: 17:06:36 02/03/2014
Dolphin: Captain Blowhole
Vampire: Batty Mage
Bug: Drag Flier
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#113 Posted: 01:40:31 03/03/2014
The facebook page put a silohette up of a new skylander, to be revealed tommorow! Don't think we know him by the caption...
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#114 Posted: 01:42:02 03/03/2014
it's springtime trigger happy..
killercore007 Green Sparx Gems: 431
#115 Posted: 18:46:33 03/03/2014
Yeah, what did I name the dragon fly thing?

Dragonfly....LOL

My backstory involved him being part of a breeding pod experiment of Kaos' that went a bit awry.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#116 Posted: 19:04:33 03/03/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
it's springtime trigger happy..

Yup, or Big Bang Trigger Happy anyway, he's just turned sideways a bit.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#117 Posted: 18:32:14 18/03/2014
"Spouticus" is definitely my favorite name that I've read on here.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me