darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Skylanders that change appearance as they level
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders that change appearance as they level [CLOSED]
tenicord Red Sparx Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 05:59:31 18/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm just curious if there is a list of skylanders that change appearance as they level. I have Star Strike who's cloth start shimmering stars after I either hit lvl 10 or got my special hero ability. But My Zoo Lu didn't change appearance. On a side note, I think it would be cool if they kinda "evolved" as they level. Not as drastic as Pokemon or anything, but it would be a cool idea. Maybe in the next game? (Or maybe they already do, sorry I'm new.)
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#2 Posted: 07:57:03 18/02/2014
most skylanders change due to there specific soul gems stat strike sould gem makes her get a glittery type dress
smolderdash gets a sun type change
rubbe rouser get an obsidian color
rattle shake purple skin
blast zone gets new armor
popthorn gets a new shiny ubercharge armor

those are the far ones i know that change appearences
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#3 Posted: 08:17:38 18/02/2014
I try to keep a list of them available on the Wiki. Not all of them are on it but a majority of them are. Night Shift's is on it for example.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#4 Posted: 08:46:05 18/02/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
I try to keep a list of them available on the Wiki. Not all of them are on it but a majority of them are. Night Shift's is on it for example.

right but i just know they sort all do
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#5 Posted: 10:52:40 18/02/2014
It's not just soul gems, other ability upgrades can affect appearance too. Though most often it's the weapons.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 12:46:52 18/02/2014
For the sake of Eon, no! I already hate that my characters change their look, when upgrading. Some of them could work (Blast Zone, Free Ranger, Dino Rang) but some other are just horrible (Pop Thorn, Dune Bug lower path, Star Strike). Why give Star Strike that new look, when an upgrade on his lower path clearly states that it gives her a new armor, without actually changing her robe? As you have seen, I'm not a fonder of the "character's look change" thing, but mostly because they weren't done with logic. A new metallic skin for Pop Thorn that compleately ruins his style (even if it is used to rapresent his new acquired resistance, while puffed)? No, thanks. If they really want to do something like that, they should really put an option to disable character changes.
But hey! That's just my opinion! Just because I don't like Pop Thorn's new look, or Rubble Rouser's, doesn't mean that there can't be someone who like them. I just whish they made them change basing on the choosen path, rather than just forcing you to modify them, by buying a mandatory upgrade.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#7 Posted: 12:57:32 18/02/2014
Pretty sure Grim Creeper's armor gets an upgrade-look to it along the way.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#8 Posted: 13:47:27 18/02/2014
Well you've got Bumbleblast getting hive on his back, same goes for (forgetting name - the Tree Giant)

Most weapon based character's weapons change - Free Ranger for instance.

Wham Shell's armor.

Drill...ugh forgetting name - the drill bot from SSA - his armor changes and he gets a gun.

Spyro & Camo's horns both grow...

I havne't tried it because it's a repose - but I assume that Whirlwind's armor is unlocked with her wow pow...

The 4 armed yeti gets armor (no I can't remember the names right now haha)

S3 Stealth Elf...

The armor and weapon of Crusher...
- :bluu:
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 01:06:59 19/02/2014
Spyro: Series 2 gains wing armor with Wow Pow, Series 3 gains large horns with Wow Pow

Double Trouble: All gain new staff with Arcane Eldritch Beam, All gain new staff with Extended Eldritch Beam (Channeller), All gain new Doubles with Conjur Unstable Doubles (note: I think there's also another Double Upgrade that changes the Doubles' look)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 01:49:56 19/02/2014
Although all editions have had skylanders that change appearance, it seems to be in overdrive on Swap Force.

Some examples:

1-Cynder---Ghost Ally
2-Star Strike-Soul Gem Ability
3-Rubble Rouser--Obsidian Armor
4-Rattle Shake--Soul Gem Ability
5-Crusher--Battle Armor
6-Tree Rex-Woodpecker Friend
7-Whirlwind--horn
8-Drill Sgt--Blaster Upgrade
9-Wash Buckler--Gun changes depending on upgrade path
10-Pop Thorn--Additional Armor
11-Chop Chop--Blade and Shield depending on path
12-Bumble Blast--Bee Hive depending on path
13-Lightning Rod--clouds around him depending on path
14-Boom Jet--Jet parts depending on upgrade
15-Dune Bug--Additional Armor (All Gold depending on upgrade)
16-Bash-Triceratops Honor Guard Upgrade
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:03:01 19/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 03:59:34 19/02/2014
^ Wash's sword also changes if you go down Cutlass Captain.
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#12 Posted: 17:18:09 19/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Although all editions have had skylanders that change appearance, it seems to be in overdrive on Swap Force.

Some examples:

1-Cynder---Ghost Ally
2-Star Strike-Soul Gem Ability
3-Rubble Rouser--Obsidian Armor
4-Rattle Shake--Soul Gem Ability
5-Crusher--Battle Armor
6-Tree Rex-Woodpecker Friend
7-Whirlwind--horn
8-Drill Sgt--Blaster Upgrade
9-Wash Buckler--Gun changes depending on upgrade path
10-Pop Thorn--Additional Armor
11-Chop Chop--Blade and Shield depending on path
12-Bumble Blast--Bee Hive depending on path
13-Lightning Rod--clouds around him depending on path
14-Boom Jet--Jet parts depending on upgrade
15-Dune Bug--Additional Armor (All Gold depending on upgrade)
16-Bash-Triceratops Honor Guard Upgrade

Am I wrong about Grim Creeper? I could have sworn his armor beefed up during upgrades.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 17:33:40 19/02/2014
Dino-Rang gets some pretty awesome armor on the Stonefist Trapper path.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 17:57:45 19/02/2014
Wash Buckler's sword changes.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#15 Posted: 02:02:04 20/02/2014
Ironically, Ninja Stealth Elf has to have her actual ninja appearance unlocked. And it's the highest upgrade. So like it's just Stealth Elf until you get the gold.

Aaand Chill gets a new helmet and shield. It's cool. But my OCD doesn't like it 'cause it's different from the figurine.
---
where did all the good frogs go
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#16 Posted: 09:04:40 20/02/2014
I think that Rattle Shake's soul gem was pretty terrible, the all purple just kinda didn't work and it seems they took the easy way out. Also, Grilla Drilla's drills become diff when you purchase his soul gem i'm pretty sure.
EDIT:Hot Head gains little.... thingies...? on his shoulders when you purchase the Hot Rod upgrade.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:26:55 20/02/2014 by ProphetFlareon
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#17 Posted: 22:07:59 20/02/2014
I think Stump Smash's fists change to look like his S2 figure when you buy his Petrified Pummel upgrade.
---
Purple dragon.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#18 Posted: 01:28:48 21/02/2014
Quote: ProphetFlareon
I think that Rattle Shake's soul gem was pretty terrible, the all purple just kinda didn't work and it seems they took the easy way out.

Yeah, they seriously did but for me the issue is that is takes away from the gorgeous variant skin! I'm not getting his soul gem for Quickdraw but I'll do it for the regular one since the regular doesn't look as stunning.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#19 Posted: 21:41:54 07/04/2014
I agree with Drek95. I would really like the charactes displayed as they originally were so they match the toy. On the other had, it would be cool if the toys came with additional upgrade pieces you could swap out to match your toy once it has leveled up.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me