Page 1 of 1
Quickdraw rattle shake UK [CLOSED]
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 17:15:25 01/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Will he ever come out in europe or is he like the sidekicks europe still dosent have i really want him but not willing to pay the ebay price
---
"Taking Charge"
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 17:26:16 01/02/2014
Quote: GIANTSRULE
Will he ever come out in europe or is he like the sidekicks europe still dosent have i really want him but not willing to pay the ebay price

The SSA Sidekics did made a Appearance in a few European countries like The Netherlands. So I'd see them coming out here too, same with QDRS
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#3 Posted: 20:10:20 01/02/2014
QuickDraw was a Frito lay promo and most likely will not see retail
Tyranitar77 Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#4 Posted: 10:29:18 02/02/2014
I know a lot of people are hoping they do a store release and they might. I mean look at the sidekicks, they were a fritolay promo that became a gamestop promo
---
Have 4 pumpkin fright rider nip 1 QuickDraw rattleshake
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#5 Posted: 10:57:50 02/02/2014
I think Chupa Chups and Frutella did the sidekick promotion for SSA and G in the UK
---
smilie Fear the Fish
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 11:15:10 02/02/2014
Quote: Baron Sharpfin
I think Chupa Chups and Frutella did the sidekick promotion for SSA and G in the UK

Just SSA no Giants sidekicks.

They were near impossible to get and it was only Whisper Elf and Gill Runt.

Trigger Snappy did come later with a Skylanders book though.
---
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#7 Posted: 14:18:24 02/02/2014
Sidekicks yes but they were not purchasable they were buy said amount get 1 and was only in gamestop they were not put out on shelves to be purchased so they were never sold as retail they were a GameStop promo to get you to buy more
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#8 Posted: 19:37:12 02/02/2014
Quote: artican
QuickDraw was a Frito lay promo and most likely will not see retail

It doesn't even say "Frito Lay Exclusive". There is no way there won't be a release of this at least for Europe, Activision want money and variants make money. The timing just isn't right for it's release.

I think, since the next game will be out by Halloween, they should release it in May for May Day.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 20:15:39 02/02/2014
Dear Activison,

We know you read these forums, please don't make this US-exclusive like Royal Double Trouble. It frustrates legitimate customers when they are forced to pay a premium price if they want an item which never came out where they live and are given no word on wether they will ever get it, and while you can't possibly get everything out everywhere and it's not really fair to expect everything to come out in every little country, restricting a toy which looks different within the game to one country is ridiculous.

Yours Truly,
Frustrated Legitimate Customer. (Who is worried about leaving the international countries in the dust like this becoming a more consistent trend after you didn't give us any Sidekicks until very late and have yet to release two in-game characters and the Giants Sidekicks outside of the USA.)

---

Actual response: I think Frito might get a contract where they have their promo items for a set amount of time. Just think about it. I believe we got the SA Sidekicks something like a year after they announced it for the US... And I think the same will happen with the Giants ones. But I'm not holding my breath for them to release Quickdraw outside of the US because of the way they handled Royal. I'm probably totally wrong though as I believe they had some eternal exclusivity contract in the case of Royal... And anyway, it's not that predictable.
I'm just most frustrated about how they never give any word about it, even saying "yo you'll never get this toy" would be better because then at least we know we can go buy them off of eBay instead of waiting around for nothing. Someone should just ask them somehow (maybe the ActiAssist Twitter? Though I think that's for game-related bugs and stuff smilie) if he will be released outside of the US at all. Of course, they probably can't disclose anything like that anyway.

And the US gets a lot of non-game variants that other countries ever see either, which sucks, but unlike Quickdraw and Royal and the Sidekicks those just have a different tag, pretty much. And besides, if you're considering getting all those chase variants and stuff, you're gonna have to shell out a lot of dough no matter what. I don't think that should be totally ignored or anything, but I don't think that it's on the same level and I think only the people who collect variants will just be kinda mildly annoyed about that, while most of us will be kind of annoyed to miss out on the variant but not really care... Becuase they're non-game variants. Seriously, does anyone really care much if they don't get a worldwide release? Not that many are just regular store-exclusive releases like that, anyway, and a lot of us never find any in an actual store. smilie

And more importantly than these reskins... Where are Core Smolderdash, Dune Bug, S3 Whirlwind/Prism Break/Cynder? Now I know what it felt like when the UK missed out on S2 Drobot completely and when New Zealand didn't get Wham-Shell. I don't like it. It stinks. smilie It wouldn't be as bad if it were just the reposes and Smolderdash since we have other versions of those characters, but... Are we going to miss out on Dune Bug? There's no variant or anything of him so if he doesn't come out then we might just completely miss out on this character, unless he gets a repose and the repose come out here? Eon. I'm giving this one more waiting time, maybe they're just delaying it so they can make stock while having the other stuff from the wave out, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never do get them. Acti would probably make Dune Bug the "LC Hex" of SF and make him an exclusive bonus for pre-ordering S4. smilie

---

P.S. Australia is still waiting for Legendary Night Shift.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:24 02/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
Tyranitar77 Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#10 Posted: 22:33:55 02/02/2014
I understand the frustration. I had to buy the ds version of ssa to get dark spyro and other country's got him as a single figure granted I picked the game up on clearance when best buy didn't want them but still I could have just got the single and not had all the waste. Also have you tried messaging people on here. I know there are a lot of people on here that have at least one extra for trade.
---
Have 4 pumpkin fright rider nip 1 QuickDraw rattleshake
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 01:16:31 03/02/2014
It'd be nice if was released, but I doubt it.

The whole country-exclusives thing is part of the reason why I don't rush out to buy Skylanders anymore - I know I'll never be able to complete the set (minus chase) without needing to buy from abroad.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me