Page 1 of 1
Wii U pause glitch [CLOSED]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1 Posted: 11:37:26 29/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen anyone else post this problem before. Pretty much all of the complaints about glitches have been about the plain Wii version of SSF. But whenever we pause our game using the "home" button on our Wii-motes, either in single player or two player mode, hitting the home button to return to the game causes problems. Big problems. Like an error box pops up and we have to switch to a different Wii-mote to get the game working again. If playing in two player mode, this often means one player has to equip a new controller and the other has to exchange theirs for the other players Wii-mote if they want to keep playing as the same character. This happens without fail,every single time we pause with the home button.

Since pausing from time to time is inevitable with these long levels, the best workaround I have found is to NEVER pause using the home button. Instead, just hit the "+" or "-" button. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Wi U?
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
DarkRaptor Green Sparx Gems: 225
#2 Posted: 14:19:07 29/01/2014
I have not experienced that yet myself, but the only issue I ran into was randomly yesterday as I was changing Skylanders the game froze. Was a bit odd, luckily I was just in Woodburrow.
---
Tumblr Blog about the Skylanders TCG I am creating: http://skylandertcg.tumblr.com
2/24 is Stealth Elf week!
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#3 Posted: 18:56:58 29/01/2014
I haven't had the same issue before. However, when we pause I think we usually do "+".
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#4 Posted: 19:54:29 29/01/2014
never had that problem.
#5 Posted: 01:58:36 30/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Strange that it seems to be only on my Wii U
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 02:41:12 30/01/2014
Quote: DarkRaptor
I have not experienced that yet myself, but the only issue I ran into was randomly yesterday as I was changing Skylanders the game froze. Was a bit odd, luckily I was just in Woodburrow.

I've had about five freezes on the PS3..."freeze" problems seem to be pretty consistent to all versions of the game. Unfortunately can't speak to the OP on his issue. I can tolerate freeze problems more than loss of data like the stars problem on Wii. If they continue to use the alchemy game engine they better fix this stuff.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:29 30/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 02:43:22 30/01/2014
Quote: Himewad
Strange that it seems to be only on my Wii U

Specific console problems are common; your console might be the only one that experiences that.

Is the disc clean?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#8 Posted: 08:53:05 30/01/2014
Have tried updating?

The home button brings up a Wii U specific menu and an update could resolve the issue.

I've never had the issue either, but again then we almost always use the + or - buttons to pause.
#9 Posted: 11:22:23 30/01/2014 | Topic Creator
At first I thought it may be an update thing, but when I checked we were still connected to our wireless network and fully updated. The disk is clean. Just one of those weird things, I guess. Not the end of the world. At least it doesn't freeze or crash on us.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 04:22:43 31/01/2014
I touched the game for the first time in like a week today and I was playing with my new Best Buy Sprocket. I was only playing for about half an hour but then I was playing Jungle Rumble to do the Out-Teched quest with her and the game had a MASSIVE lag spike(though weirdly, the sound was fine). It was at something like 10-15 FPS, maybe even less. I just went "screw it" and held down the XBox button to turn off the console, it's just wierd, that level hasn't lagged on me before when I was doing Out-Teched with my other Sprockets.

Also during my first play through, I actually had a funny glitch in Motleyville, when I was opening one of the Chests then for some reason my Skylander fell into an endless back void. (Of course, I had to start the level all over again, though thankfully the Chest worked normally the second time.) And on my first play through of Kaos' Fortress the game froze on me (and locked up the console) but I'm chalking that up to overheating.

I actually don't blame the game for these, though. I think it's my XBox. Apparently lag where lag wasn't there before and game freezes are symptoms of the RRoD, and while I haven't had any freezes for a while, my lag has been getting noticeably worse. I think it will RRoD soon. At least I have an excuse to buy a PS4 if it happens, but I just bought a bunch of 360 games I wanted to play through...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 19:21:57 31/01/2014
Hmm..nope didn't have that problem. I did however note once that I had 2 players (one character on gamepad, one with wiimote) and paused the game. When I sat back down on my bed, the characters fell off the portal because there's no lip on it to hold them anymore. When I put them both back, I noticed that S2 Drobot (who was P2 with the wiimote) had lost all of the money I had gotten for him (about 5000 coins) and lost all the EXP he had (I had used him in a dummy battle against a Spyro I was trying to get the one quest done; he hadn't quite hit Lv 2 with his pity EXP)

So, basically it auto reset the character.

Seems like the Wii U version in general is having problems with keeping memory of things, be it Wiimotes, or collections or data.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#12 Posted: 02:08:54 01/02/2014
This coincidence has happened to me once, but it never happened again after that. smilie
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me