Page 1 of 1
Swap Force Bug: Mega Melter Quest [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 16:40:20 24/01/2014 | Topic Creator
On PS3, I've noticed that certain advanced attacks (usually those as part of upgrades like holding buttons etc) do not give credit for the Mega Melter achievement. I've confirmed this with both Smolderdash and Blast Zone.

Best to use attack 1 for the kill hit. Any confirmation of this with other players/attacks/platforms is appreciated.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:41:44 08/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#2 Posted: 19:01:56 25/01/2014
Ughhh... As if it couldn't get anymore tedious! smilie
---
smilie Fear the Fish
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#3 Posted: 01:40:08 27/01/2014
of course, the wii version is kinda glicty already. so that may be half the problem if you have it on wii.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted: 02:28:30 27/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Well this was on PS3.

Some timing issues with getting quests:

1. If you hurry up and place another figure on when you get a quest...it's actually possible you may get credit for that quest with the added player.

2. If you remove the figure too quickly it's also possible you will NOT get credit for the quest.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#5 Posted: 21:01:39 27/01/2014
Playing on the Wii U and using the two Ice Golems after the Winter Keep checkpoint, I didn't notice using anything but attack 1 caused me to not get credit. I did notice that at least twice I would not get credit for one of the two kills even though I was always using attack 1. I'm assuming I reloaded the checkpoint too soon after defeating the second Ice Golem, so before restarting the checkpoint I would take the time and put on/remove a hat just to be safe. Didn't have a problem after that.

Thankfully the Winter Keep checkpoint save can be used even after turning off the game (as long as you don't play a different level), so I was able to take care of this quest with my remaining fire guys over this past weekend: Lightcore Smolderdash, Lava Barf Erupter, Volcanic Eruper and Dark Blast Zone.

Won't be revisiting this quest until Jade Fire Kraken and Fire Bone Hot Dog are released, or if I decide to do Swap Force Quests for Spyro's Adventure/Giants figures.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#6 Posted: 20:15:03 28/01/2014
I've noticed that in certain arena battles and chapters that golems are sometimes defeated by fellow enemies such as the twistpick cyclopes and greeble pirate slamspins. When these enemies hit the golems are cause the final blow, you won't get credit for it regardless of how much you wore down the golem. Long range enemies tend not to pose as much of a problem as it takes time for their attacks to accidently hit the golem.
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
#7 Posted: 00:17:40 29/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dahvoo
Playing on the Wii U and using the two Ice Golems after the Winter Keep checkpoint, I didn't notice using anything but attack 1 caused me to not get credit. I did notice that at least twice I would not get credit for one of the two kills even though I was always using attack 1. I'm assuming I reloaded the checkpoint too soon after defeating the second Ice Golem, so before restarting the checkpoint I would take the time and put on/remove a hat just to be safe. Didn't have a problem after that.

Thankfully the Winter Keep checkpoint save can be used even after turning off the game (as long as you don't play a different level), so I was able to take care of this quest with my remaining fire guys over this past weekend: Lightcore Smolderdash, Lava Barf Erupter, Volcanic Eruper and Dark Blast Zone.

Won't be revisiting this quest until Jade Fire Kraken and Fire Bone Hot Dog are released, or if I decide to do Swap Force Quests for Spyro's Adventure/Giants figures.

I'm guessing the problem could be related to killing other enemies at the same time...a consistent pattern I see is that the discrepancy happens when I'm also killing the ice golem in tandem with other enemies. Dragon-Master's comments make sense, and I'll be more aware of that to see if that plays a factor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:26 29/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me