darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Are they going to handle the last wave better this time?
Page 1 of 1
Are they going to handle the last wave better this time? [CLOSED]
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#1 Posted: 03:06:24 14/01/2014 | Topic Creator
SA last wave was notoriously hard to find and Giants was just all around scattered with many of the non-variant figures being very hard to find. I've personally never seen Lightcore Chill or Popfizz in stores. I've seen ONE series 2 Drobot and if I ever saw the non-lightcore Jet Vac, I probably missed him in among the billions of lightcore versions of him sitting around. I've seen Lightcore Hex in droves, but that's it. As for SA's last wave, I never saw them in stores either. Why do they seem to always drop the ball on the last wave? It's making me pretty nervous with Swap Force given that there are a lot of the 'desired' figures aren't out yet and if they make them as scare as the other 'last wavers', they could end up being very difficult to find. We have at the very least two or three waves left, but I'm still worried about what's going to be left for the last wave.
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#2 Posted: 03:19:20 14/01/2014
I know what you mean. Ninjini just recently became common many months after her release. On her release date, I once saw her go for $100. Lightcore Pop Fizz is very rare and I haven't seen him in stores either.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:35 20/01/2014 by Pop Thorn
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#3 Posted: 05:47:28 14/01/2014
with SSA the only really hard to find last wave figure was whamshell. and if you were persistent enough you could have found one. (bothering the stores that get daily shipments everyday asking if they have one and finally begging them to hold it while you rush to get it)
in giants, only light core pop fizz is impossible to find. no clue why. but all the giants stuff is just now becoming popular everywhere. im betting they are gonna have like 1 figure thats impossible to find for SSF. i hope its a repose.

series 2 drobot was a big disappointment. ive seen him a bunch of times tho. always like, one or two of him, by themself, but ive its been many many times. s2 drobot besides being ugly and looking like he has to poo, his wowpow sucks. you just launch a big gear.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#4 Posted: 06:37:59 14/01/2014
lc popfizz and lc chill i think were produced less then other lightcores because they might have seen how they werent moving too much. The reason i beleive lc pop fizz is harder to find is because you ahve to take into account the fact that toysrus also hada legendary lightcore chill and i could see ppl passing regular lc chill for that one, hense why more of her is still around (didnt sell as much). Pop fizz i think sold and that's why he is rare...low production..sold out.

anyone who needs lc chill she is still up on tru.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product..._14309867&mr:re\

As for series 2 drobot im just happy the us got him, with lc holding the shelves i wasnt to sure he'd actually make it here, much like jet vac seems not to have.
he can be found just need to find stores with wave 5.1 single boxes, i see 1 at least most the stores i go to, thou it get him sooner then later if you desire him. Same i'd say goes for double trouble, wreckingball and slam bam as they weren't reposed in Swap Force. Thou lately tru has the series 1 slam bam adventure packs and the triple with wrecking if you dont mind the SSA versions of him.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:40:55 14/01/2014 by SlayerX11
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 06:59:00 14/01/2014
The last wave a giants sucked! They didn't even release it all everywhere.
Series 2 Drobot never came out in Europe with really sucked.

I got the lightcores in May I think online.
---
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#6 Posted: 13:39:29 14/01/2014
S2 Drobot was avaiable in europe, it was just hard to find. I remember seeing, like, a total of 6 in all the malls/shops of my city
And i can see why: it's not like a shop is eager to buy a nice stock of S2Drobots when they still have to sell more then half the stock of Lightcore Drobots they still have, it'll be a bad move, financially speaking. It's more logical to keep pushing to sell your remaining stocks then buying a new one, or else you basically wasted a lot of money
The fact that we had to search so much around to find them i don't think it was Activision's fault more then it was a decision of the single shops not to buy them in the first place
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:29 14/01/2014 by Serenade
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#7 Posted: 13:47:37 14/01/2014
Quote:
lc popfizz and lc chill i think were produced less then other lightcores because they might have seen how they werent moving too much.

This could be of concern. I still see a lot of SF wave 1 and wave 2 characters around and I have been told that some stores are ordering less of wave 3 to avoid getting stuck with lots of stock. I should mention that my source is questionable but if true it could mean that the last wave or two might be a bit patchy. Hopefully not but if they aren't moving stock I can't see stores ordering in big shipments.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#8 Posted: 22:20:41 14/01/2014
Quote: Pop Thorn
As a skylander that came out in the first wave of SSF, I am not scarce. But I know what you mean. Ninjini just recently became common many months after her release. On her release date, I once saw her go for $100. Lightcore Pop Fizz is very rare and I haven't seen him in stores either.

Please don't talk as if you are Pop Thorn.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Grambolini Red Sparx Gems: 65
#9 Posted: 22:59:46 16/01/2014
I guess it must be weird than to go to my local target because for a while series 2 drobot was all you could find
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#10 Posted: 23:09:08 16/01/2014
Personally I think they will stretch they remaining Swap Force characters out over 3 waves...minimum.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#11 Posted: 23:56:55 16/01/2014
Quote: Tigorus
Personally I think they will stretch they remaining Swap Force characters out over 3 waves...minimum.

3 waves is not enough. they have 3 swappers and 3 newlanders, they can't just put 1 swap and 1 new in every wave. they'll proably do 2 waves: 2 swappers and a new in the first, one swapper and 2 newlanders in the last. or maybe just a big final wave
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#12 Posted: 00:11:40 17/01/2014
Quote: voodude

3 waves is not enough. they have 3 swappers and 3 newlanders, they can't just put 1 swap and 1 new in every wave. they'll proably do 2 waves: 2 swappers and a new in the first, one swapper and 2 newlanders in the last. or maybe just a big final wave

Doubtful. You're forgetting that Ninjini and Wham Shell were their own release waves. You're also forgetting Jade Fire Kraken, Kick Off Count Down, Spring Time Trigger Happy and Nitro Freeze Blade along with any other unannounced variants they decide to release. Trust me they could stretch this out to at least three waves.
Tigerbear222 Green Sparx Gems: 358
#13 Posted: 14:15:33 17/01/2014
Well, I have found 3 S2 Drobots total here in Kansas. (Didn't buy one since I have a lightcore Drobot)

The last swappers released will probably be like Ninjini. Hard to find on release date, floods stores in a few months.

At least I hope it happens like that.
---
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thetigerbearman123
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#14 Posted: 15:31:37 17/01/2014

Doubtful. You're forgetting that Ninjini and Wham Shell were their own release waves. You're also forgetting Jade Fire Kraken, Kick Off Count Down, Spring Time Trigger Happy and Nitro Freeze Blade along with any other unannounced variants they decide to release. Trust me they could stretch this out to at least three waves.

here in italy wham-shell was with camo and warnado and ninjini was with thumpback, so... smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 15:41:06 17/01/2014
Quote: voodude

here in italy wham-shell was with camo and warnado and ninjini was with thumpback, so... smilie

lol no way. Yeah I guess it does depend on where you live. Camo came out with Warnado...and Ignotor and Wham-Shell came out in the last wave here in the U.S. I don't think Ninjini was released with anyone else. We got Thumpback with Eye Brawl in October 2012. I didn't realize how messed up it was lol.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#16 Posted: 16:38:14 17/01/2014
Quote: Couragefan09
SA last wave was notoriously hard to find and Giants was just all around scattered with many of the non-variant figures being very hard to find. I've personally never seen Lightcore Chill or Popfizz in stores. I've seen ONE series 2 Drobot and if I ever saw the non-lightcore Jet Vac, I probably missed him in among the billions of lightcore versions of him sitting around. I've seen Lightcore Hex in droves, but that's it. As for SA's last wave, I never saw them in stores either. Why do they seem to always drop the ball on the last wave? It's making me pretty nervous with Swap Force given that there are a lot of the 'desired' figures aren't out yet and if they make them as scare as the other 'last wavers', they could end up being very difficult to find. We have at the very least two or three waves left, but I'm still worried about what's going to be left for the last wave.

I would expect there to be similar issues with the late-cycle releases for SwapForce, too.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#17 Posted: 16:58:34 17/01/2014
I honestly think Disney Infinity has some 'sway' on the release. For a while their they were both releasing 'one thing a week' to seemingly combat each other. It wouldn't shock me that if Disney said "Hey here are the Season 3 disc and figures!" that Activision wouldn't go "Here are Nitro Freeze Blade, Trap Shadow, Obsidian Rumble Rouser, Wicked Thumpback, and GITD Blast Zone".

I'm NOT saying it is going to happen that way, but I can't help but feel as though the presence of a competitor will change previous strategies.
- Unreall
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#18 Posted: 03:59:42 20/01/2014
Yeah, I quit doing that a little while ago.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
LunarEclipse83 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1096
#19 Posted: 11:36:00 20/01/2014
I think the final wave issues will continue, they are having issues right now with the current waves. I work in for a major retail store that sells skylanders and I have not seen a triple pack since wave 1 and we haven't seen all of wave 3 yet in store. Only parts of it here and there.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#20 Posted: 12:36:20 20/01/2014
Hopefully it will be as easy as wave 1 and 2
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#21 Posted: 22:42:02 20/01/2014
They main reason I feel it won't be handled well is all the Skylanders of the same catagory(swap, lightcore, basic) have the same SKU as each other so Arkeyan Crossbow Battle Pack is registered as being the same as Fiery Forge Battle Pack to a companies system, which is not good as my local toys r us is still dealing with the 500 copies of Fiery Forge Battle Pack they got week 1. My thoughts are they need to take a page from disney infinity and have each one have different SKU.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me