darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > How could I possibly know what rank I am?
Page 1 of 1
How could I possibly know what rank I am? [CLOSED]
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 14:29:38 13/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Just finished defeating Kaos. I had been holding off doing the final battle (can't really call it a chapter) and was looking forward to getting a heap of stars for completing everything on Nightmare mode. Well ok I am a few stars short of getting 3 stars on each chapter/boss battle - I don't have a sneak skylander yet and I haven't gotten through Mesmeralda, Kaos or his mother without getting hit yet, but I have still done all 17 chapters/boss battles on nightmare mode.

But when I finished I didn't get a bunch of stars. Disappointed I played a few chapters on Score Mode and got a few stars. Then I looked closer at my portal master ranking and saw that I don't have the star for unlocking Time Attack or Score modes even though I had just been playing score mode!

Also, my Dark Stealth Elf has completed all 9 quests but I still don't have the 3 stars for the gold toy thingy!

In addition to this, my youngest son has completed the game on medium difficulty and played only a few Score mode chapters. He has hardly done any missions, swap zone challenges or arena survival things. Yet the wii is showing his portal master ranking on his game save as 61, when the other day it was only on 24. He hasn't done much since it was 24. Mine is on 64, but I personally think it should be closer to 70. I have done all missions a fair few swap force challenges (averaging 2 stars) and 9 solo survival challenges on nightmare mode. In theory, one more success solo survival will give me another 3 stars, but given how they are not always showing up I will believe it when I see it.

But it's hard to know what my real ranking is because it seems to change every time I turn the wii on or off.

Also back on the Mesmeralda/Kaos/his Mother battles, I can see me getting through with no damage eventually, but it's soooooo painful when I get hit and have to wait forever to try again. Even if I just stand there and die quick by the time the game reloads and there is dialogue that can't be skipped it feels like it takes forever. I really have to be in the mood to have a go at those battles as I can get very frustrated very quickly. There should be a fast retry option, but I suppose the wii can only go so quick and I will just have to accept that.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#2 Posted: 19:14:23 13/01/2014
Wii or Wii U?

From what I am gathering, the Wii version is just glitched. I don't own a Wii, nor do I know all the specific problems associated with the console. However, I do know that people with the Wii version have been having a lot of trouble. Maybe someone else will know more specific details.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 03:28:10 14/01/2014
I hear ya on the No Damage and quick Retry. Even on my PS3 version, there wasn't an option to "reload" the level...not sure why. Add to it the movie fiasco you have to watch and it and one small mistake will add 3 minutes to a retry.

As to the star glitches, you'll have to be specific. I'm going through all of the portal master stuff and stuff I've done has given me credit...if there are stars you KNOW you've gotten and now don't I'd love to hear about it.

Since Quests are stored on the figure, I have a REALLY HARD TIME believing that your quests have disappeared. You know there's only like 5 or 6 Stealth Elfs out...maybe you did it on another figure.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:39 14/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#4 Posted: 05:40:16 14/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I didn't know what the gold toy award thing was when I was looking at the things I hadn't completed in my portal master links so I Googled it and it brought me back here to a post where you had mentioned it. So I put my dark stealth elf on the portal, knowing that the only quest I hadn't done with her was the PVP 10 wins. I did the 10 wins (playing against myself) and checked and it showed she had now completed that quest. All quests completed, but when I checked the stars I still didn't have the stars for the gold toy! That's right isn't it? Completing all quests for a single Skylander should unlock the gold toy stars?

The other two stars I haven't got that I know for sure I should are the unlocking time attack and score attack, because I was playing score attack and then went and checked and the star for unlocking it was still blank. So I haven't received those two stars even though both time and score are unlocked.

I think there might be others, I will check and see if I can find more. In between playing score attack (is it 'attack' or 'mode'?) and redoing the chapters.

I have been very critical of Swap Force but I think the developers should be commended on the time and score attacks being separate chapters/activities. It gives me a real reason to redo each chapter/boss battle and I am really enjoying it. Perhaps more than the initial play through where I was finding everything.

But these stars are annoying. I know from reading your posts GhostRoaster that you dislike the fact that portal master rankings stop at 80. Personally I would have liked it if they had set 80 for the grand admiral level, but kept track of your score beyond that. That would have made it fair for all given that some things might be close to impossible (time attacks in nightmare mode come to mind). I know I will lose interest once I hit 80 - assuming all the glitches allow me to get that high - because there is no score benefit to me trying to get more stars.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#5 Posted: 05:42:29 14/01/2014
My son and I played on the Wii and stars would come and go. I think we are on around 68 now, but it was as high as 80 at one point. At times, the ranking would just drop a couple and then go up a couple. It was fairly random. Upgraded to the Wii U this past Christmas and have not had any problems. Still on level 35, however. It is sad that the Wii version is so terrible, since the Wii was such an enjoyable console for my family. The Wii U is so much better, though. I was honestly quite surprised at how good the Wii U is. If you ever decide to upgrade, I highly doubt that you will be disappointed.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#6 Posted: 11:01:43 14/01/2014
Quote: griswoldthunder
My son and I played on the Wii and stars would come and go. I think we are on around 68 now, but it was as high as 80 at one point. At times, the ranking would just drop a couple and then go up a couple. It was fairly random. Upgraded to the Wii U this past Christmas and have not had any problems. Still on level 35, however. It is sad that the Wii version is so terrible, since the Wii was such an enjoyable console for my family. The Wii U is so much better, though. I was honestly quite surprised at how good the Wii U is. If you ever decide to upgrade, I highly doubt that you will be disappointed.

Probably this! ^
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#7 Posted: 13:54:16 14/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:

Probably this! ^

Yes I think you're both right. But for now I might just try to hit 80 on the wii and then look at the wii u down the track. I am up to 70 so unless it glitches again I should get to at least hit 80 once.

Oh and my son's is back down to a more realistic 25 today.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 00:37:06 16/01/2014
That's odd that your number is going down and up. I'm on Wii too, and I don't think I have experienced that. I do know however, that if you're not earning specific stars, it could be possible you might have to wait a little while for them to actually register. One time, I discovered all the areas in Woodburrow and I was supposed to get a star for it, but never did. Confused, I decided to just replay Mount Cloudbreak to get some stuff that I missed last time. But after I finished the level, on the objective screen, it finally told me I completed the accolade and decided to give me the star. This might not be the best solution, but it's coming from personal experience. :/
---
Purple dragon.
#9 Posted: 03:44:50 16/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:
That's odd that your number is going down and up. I'm on Wii too, and I don't think I have experienced that. I do know however, that if you're not earning specific stars, it could be possible you might have to wait a little while for them to actually register. One time, I discovered all the areas in Woodburrow and I was supposed to get a star for it, but never did. Confused, I decided to just replay Mount Cloudbreak to get some stuff that I missed last time. But after I finished the level, on the objective screen, it finally told me I completed the accolade and decided to give me the star. This might not be the best solution, but it's coming from personal experience. :/

I tend to agree that they come and go. I have now got the stars for unlocking time and score attack modes, but I still don't have the 3 for the gold toy, and this is after switching the game on and off at least 10 times over the past few days and completing other activities. Not that it will matter. I am one star off 76 portal master rank and I am confident of hitting 80 in the next day or so without needing the 3 stars for the gold toy, but it's still a bit annoying.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me