Page 1 of 1
Top 16 Core Skylanders [CLOSED]
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#1 Posted: 14:14:55 12/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I saw topics like this on the swappers but not on the cores. Well here we go

Tie 1) smilie I love this guys design and I wish he was more liked among Portal Masters. He has unique gameplay and I won numerous times with him in the battle arena. He is the ONLY Magic Skylander that I like more than my all time favorite Magic character Double Trouble. I feel he gets hated a lot for being just a bug. Even if you hate him at least give him a try I mean the toy's coloring is beautiful. He is in my top 5 skylanders as #4.

Tie 2) smilie Like Dune Bug I love the design and I feel besides SotF Ignitor and GBM Dino-Rang this guy to be the first Skylander made for advanced Players. I also love how his gameplay focuses around winding up something witch I loved a lot. He is also the cutest Skylander I've seen. I wish he was in Tower of Time and his toy is wobbly and seeing how I travel and how I do my comedy videos he is going to break. He is also in my top 5 Skylanders as #5.

3) smilie Having a Reaper in the mix is a great idea. He has everything I liked about Reapers. He has a syth, Hood and boots. My only complaint is that his HP sucks and he has no speed. But still I hope on getting him in AC once I get it.

4) smilie Another Skylander I don't like the gameplay of. He had a Shortcut that was hilarious and he had a cool design. I seen him as the Yang to Warnado's Ying. Warnado is quick and Slobber tooth is slow. Warnado is Air and Slobber Tooth is Earth. Warnado has a LC and Slobber Tooth has a Dark counter part.

5) smilie I always wanted a Scorpion as a Skylander and for some reason he looks better humanoid than a regular Scorpion. I love how he can roll and uses poison to attack. I wish a LC though and I may like the others better but he has won every PVP match I put him in.

6) smilie If there is any element that makes great female skylanders its definitely Air. Scratch Did not disappoint me when she was conformed. She sadly looks like a Skylander that I will only like the character because her gameplay looks crappy but hey she looks very cool.

7) smilie I love the Life element and all skylanders in it. This guy is a guy that drives me bee's evreytime I face him but he is a great character that I hope will come in future games. He has a nice appearance and a nice bazooka. He and Zook both preform well and I hope that his LC dosen't suck. But hey he performs well when I use him and thats good enough for me.

8) smilie I think this guy has one of the coolest names ever. His the same name as a character I like in the Wings of Fire books and thats not the only reason I like him. His range and melee is great.

9) smilie Same as Slobber tooth but he looks like a blast to use.

10) smilie Same as Bumble Blast but less cool. It goes down hill from here sadlysmilie

11) smilie He is funny but sadly I think Wind Up can do anything he can do but better.

12) smilie Uncreative design and sadly I cant get into using her as much as Dune Bug or Wind Up.

13) smilie Overrated and kinda ugly. Sorry but compared to Scratch this is just a sad and he isn't as cute as Hot Dog or Wind Up and at least he is cooler than Wreaking Ball.

14) smilie I like her concept but I think Grim Creeper is SO cool that I kinda forget that roller brawl is a skylander.

15) smilie Is this even an eel? The design sucks and her weapon is a cool choice but Camo and Grim Creeper had it first.

16) smilie Her weapon and name are cool but thats it. She is overrated and has a bad design and hey her pose is cool but her LC's is crap and its fudging rare. Am I the only person who hates her?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:35 12/01/2014 by GigaCamo
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 15:08:12 12/01/2014
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=97038 There is one already.

But anyways...

16 smilie He doesn't seem hat good in gameplay all his attacks aren't that good.
15 smilie He just seems like a ultimate spammer.
14 smilieHave not really seen much.
13 smilie Have not really seen much.
12 smilie He is too slow and his attacks are slow. Wrecking Ball eats better.
11 smilie She is good but I have not used her much.
10 smilie I like his attacks but he looks a lot like Zook.
9 smilie She is pretty strong when deflecting things which is sometimes hard to time.
8 smilie His rockets seem weak and bomb buddies are just like bottle buddies. I like his design though.
7 smilie Scorp looks pretty cool and I really like his roll even though it is just like Bash's.
6 smilie He is unique because of his gameplay by choosing which sword you want to use.
5 smilie She is really good and really strong. Her attacks are fast.
4 smilie He is another Skylander with very unique gameplay winding up to strengthen attacks is great.
3 smilie I don't have him but he looks really cool and the magic element is great.
2 smilie YAY A CAT SKYLANDER! With wings? Anyways, her attacks are awesome. Cat Scratching, Cat pouncing and Cat Whirlwind?
1 smilie He is like Pop Fizz but cuter and without a meter to his form change. He can also spam his first attack without stopping. Although, I prefer his puffed form but Wrecking Ball is still cuter and cooler.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:13 12/01/2014 by wreckingballbob
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#3 Posted: 16:23:50 12/01/2014
16. smilie Really weak and has generic gameplay. He has yet to beat anyone in PvP.
15. smilie Way too overpowered and isn't fun to play because of it.
14. smilie Overpowered and frustrating to face.
13. smilie OKish, but very bad in certain PvP areana stages.
12. smilie Cool looking gameplay, but really weak attacks.
11. smilie One of his attacks is wasted and I don't like the idea.
10. smilie Fun to play, not to eat.
09. smilie Really overpowered, but fun to play which is rare.
08. smilie Powerful, interesting, and has a unique arsenal of play strategies.
07. smilie Hopelessly weak, but really fun to play as.
06. smilie Easy to spam with, but can be frustrating to play against.
05. smilie Really cool.
04. smilie Really fun.
03. smilie Really fun, and an improved mix of other 'landers.
02. smilie The most powerful character in the game, but fun to play as and great personality.
01. smilie Sphinx with lazor eyes and makes tornados. 'Nuff said.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#4 Posted: 16:50:59 12/01/2014
i have only few cores, i need to buy a lot. the one i have:
1 smilie cool concept, powerful, chaotic fun gameplay. that windup punch is awesome
2 smilie another cool concept, shooting bees is awesome and the hive mine reminds me of stump smash acorn. very good skylander
3 smilie using three different kind of fish (and a whale, ok, ok) as weapon is such a cool idea... this skylander makes me sad that vicarious vision removed combo, he would have been so awesome with old style combo
4 smilie cool skylander, the form change idea is a masterpiece
5 :star strike: her reflection thing is cool, but he feels too basic. the third attack is very meh.

the released one i don't have:
1 smilie cool concept, hawesome moves. i can't wait to summon Buggy!
2 smilie it's so ugly... that he is beatiful. brute force on its finest, he'll be a lot hard to use for sure, but that's what mainly manly old style earth skylander are about
3 smilie i love summoning allies. zoo lou embodies that playstyle
4 smilie strong skylander, puts together a classic earth element (the crystals) with a new one (the poison)
5 smilie her gameplay seems very fun, fire needed a girl... and she's a girl who can hurt a lot
6 smilie original idea, but doesn't feel very undead too me.
7 smilie a walking bomb... already seen. still cool however, i like bob-omb!
8 :grim creeper: classic idea, but seems a bit too uniriginal (it's ignitor+ghost roaster) with an awkward gameplay

about the unreleased ones, we can't really judge but:
1 smilie he's a biker. BOOM. and his gameplay seems similar to wind-up's one. how can you not like him?
2 smilie cool idea, but a lot awkward. some moves seem meh, some seem cool, i have to try her to judge
3 smilie zap revamped. wow, original... the eel concept isn't executed well also, she looks like a weird gillman
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 19:44:20 12/01/2014
16. smilie Horrible Skylander. I like his design(mainly his lovely animations), but that's about it- and that's not enough to make me like a Skylander(I like Trap Shadow's design a lot, but I don't find him very interesting because his gameplay doesn't sound great)- plus pretty much every Skylander looks nice now[the truly bad-looking ones are the exception]. His gameplay is just boring as sin. If you go down the Scythe path there's next to no point using anything but the scythe-toss- it's his fastest and most powerful attack, totally outclasses the regular scythe move and well... Ghost is useless, making scythe path just button-mashing. Even if you do go down Spooky Specter, it's just underpowered. Grim Creeper was horribly balanced and has earned my title of least favourite Skylander now. I truly hate the scythe path because it's just button mashing the scythe-toss and Spooky Specter just feels weak to the point it's no fun. It's even worse because I was really looking forward to playing him with his nice-looking design, I was incredibly disappointed when I finally played him and upgraded him.

15. smilie Sorry, but her design is just terrible. I usually don't hate Skylanders for their design and try not to make that a focal point, but it's just awful. Nothing on her stands out, not colorful, two-tone colour scheme, extremely [overly] basic look... Just so boring. I kind of like the concepts behind her attacks but they're all just related to fire too which is really boring... And her personality just seems so bland. Yeah don't worry OP I'm with you on this one.

14. smilie MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT. I usually like "weaker" Skylanders but it is bad for Rip Tide. His attacks LOOK powerful so when you use him and they aren't really that great it feels really underhwelming. Also the fish-switching is an annoying, pointless gimmick just for using a regular melee move(by the time you upgrade down one path, it will totally out-damage the other fish).

13. smilie I don't really hate her or anything. I just don't like her very much. Her design and personality don't interest me much, and her gameplay just... Eh. I dunno what it is, she just seems so "standard", and I find it very unappealing. I like her backstory though, and as I said I don't hate her, I'm just not much of a fan... Simply don't care for her.

12. smilie I liked him a lot when I first got him but got tired of him fast. Overpowered character, fun to use for a little while, but you get tired of him. I kind of like the gameplay but it's not really fantastic, and he just feels plain...

11. smilie Same as Bumble Blast. He's fun when you get him but he feels kinda "plain" which drags him down. I like his design better though.

10. smilie Same as Scorp/Bumble Blast, I find her gameplay a teensy bit more interesting and her deisgn is better. Her one-liners are the worst of the worst though :/

9. smilie What voodude said, ancient brutality perfected

8. smilie Her gameplay seems too similar to Zap, just a little "clunkier". I know she isn't released yet, but she doesn't really do anything to stand out to me. She seems to be just Zap... With Rule 63 applied. But other than that, I really like her design and attitude. Her gameplay just seems so much like Zap it's distracting, and it looks like Zap still does it better anyway- which just adds to that problem- if she had a more original playstyle, she would probably be one of my favourites. But she still seems solid.

7. smilie It's kind of early to judge, but she seems to have some really interesting attacks, though some others also seem plain which is why she isn't higher. Her design is a bit too standard but it looks nice still.

6. smilie Just looks really cool and crazy... Nothing else to say...

5. smilie He has a nice design and the gameplay is pretty entertaining. "Form switch" idea executed right- it's seamless enough that you're actually able to use it, not cumbersome like it is on some other Skylanders.

4. smilie I haven't played him yet because he's not out here but he just generally looks fun and rewarding to play with and I like his designs and different attacks. Extremely solid all around.

3. smilie I like attacking while keeping an eye on the bomb head too. Also the rockets are really fun to use. IT'S JUST FUN TO MAKE THINGS GO BOOM ESPECIALLY YOUR OWN HEAD!

2. smilie Tricky to use, but feels rewarding, great design and personality. Feels like he really stand out.

1. smilie His gameplay, personality, design, everything about him is just really great. So much fun to use, so unique, really, feels like they went all-out designing him.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#6 Posted: 20:35:34 13/01/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives

9. smilie What voodude said, ancient brutality perfected

*fistbump*

but i like you all to take a moment and reflect about smolderdash design. she's a starchild, with a cool crown, a kinda alien look with that dark skin, if i understand correctly she can turn super sayan with the eclipse mode... and come on! SHE HAS A FREAKING FIRE WHIP! SHE IS THE THE CLOSEST THING TO A BALROG SKYLANDER WE HAVE! and she's still girlie! how can you hate girl super sayan balrog?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me