Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Website layout for mobile [CLOSED]
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#1 Posted: 05:34:07 09/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, 5 years ago, using a desktop layout for a webpage is ok but in today's age, I think need to create a mobile layout do its a lot easier to read and write via phones.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2 Posted: 06:39:48 10/12/2013
Dark has responded to two posts about this.

In 6/22/2012 he said it was a possibility.

In 10/07/2012 he asked what's difficult about using DarkSpyro on mobile.

Haven't heard anything about mobile besides that. I support the idea and would love to see a mobile version. I would also love if there's an option to switch back to the desktop version in case the mobile version is an absolute disaster.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#3 Posted: 06:00:47 12/12/2013
I love the idea of a mobile version! I use mobile a lot and it's just really difficult because of how small the buttons are. It's a first world problem, I know, and it's something I can overcome, but it is a hassle and I'd prefer something specifically for mobile///
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:01:04 12/12/2013 by Queen_Cynder
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#4 Posted: 16:26:36 19/01/2014
I have no difficulty with this site while on mobile devices. Heck, I rarely use a computer when I go on here.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#5 Posted: 16:53:53 19/01/2014
A lightweight, mobile version of the site would be useful--we're not talking about scaling here, but a different style that is easier for mobile.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#6 Posted: 17:48:40 25/01/2014
Yes please.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 19:00:16 25/01/2014
Do people actually use the site on smart phones? I feel like its current layout isn't that bad for a tablet, but I can see how it causes problems on smart phones. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 19:07:27 25/01/2014
Quote: HIR
Do people actually use the site on smart phones? I feel like its current layout isn't that bad for a tablet, but I can see how it causes problems on smart phones. <.<

I do, and it actually isn't bad at all. The only annoying things are the ads.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 19:09:12 25/01/2014
I understand that Google Chrome is available for smart phones and Firefox for Android devices. Maybe using that instead of, like, Safari would make things better?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 20:21:02 25/01/2014
Google Chrome is available also on Android which is what I use when I am on my Smart Phone.But it would be nice for a few alterations.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#11 Posted: 20:40:14 25/01/2014

I visit DarkSpyro more on my iPhone than my laptop. I don't have a tablet but I can imagine why it would be better there.

Quote: Matteomax

I do, and it actually isn't bad at all. The only annoying things are the ads.

While I do agree that the ads are a bit frustrating(Some are put right over everything and the "X" that cancels it out is really small), I have an additional problem that is not just that.

My problem is the accidental tapping. I have accidentally Logged out when I was just trying to go to my settings. I have also accidentally subscribed to a topic, accidentally post, and accidentally voted.

I wish there was a mobile version so that these accidents wouldn't happen.
#12 Posted: 15:32:21 28/01/2014
iIT'S CALLED NOT HAVING A CARING ADMIN! EDIT: I mean another word, but what is it?! Is it non informative? In Spanish: No enseña mucha importancia.
The image I have gotten from him. Which I would love to change if he at least acknowledge these damn topics! When I used to browse a lot of forums on mobile, they all had a mobile version or were working on one due to popular demand.
It's no luck, just abandonment(Or that silly words that means "ignoring" or something like that). *cough* On some part.

I'm just blasting keywords! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:08 29/01/2014 by wspyro
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#13 Posted: 00:07:54 29/01/2014
I think I sort of agree with you. I was once delving into the old Spyro the Dragon topics, right in the last page. I noticed he posted a lot more then. Then it slowly drizzled out. Until we get here today, where he hardly posts or visits. He might check with us, he might see this topic, he might just want to let us know about something, but he just doesn't want post. That is how I feel about some topics when I am left with a decision to post, or not to post.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#14 Posted: 08:51:30 31/01/2014
plz, my lap top basically died recently and I've been stuck with an iPod touch for the last few weeks and ugh
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#15 Posted: 03:38:21 01/02/2014
Quote: wspyro
iIT'S CALLED NOT HAVING A CARING ADMIN! EDIT: I mean another word, but what is it?! Is it non informative? In Spanish: No enseña mucha importancia.
The image I have gotten from him. Which I would love to change if he at least acknowledge these damn topics! When I used to browse a lot of forums on mobile, they all had a mobile version or were working on one due to popular demand.
It's no luck, just abandonment(Or that silly words that means "ignoring" or something like that). *cough* On some part.

I'm just blasting keywords! smilie

Attentive?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#16 Posted: 19:49:25 01/02/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Quote: wspyro

I'm just blasting keywords! >_<

Attentive?

Nnnnoo.
It doesn't matter, anyways!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me