First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
SWAP FORCE Path Recommendations? [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#51 Posted: 01:10:35 05/01/2014
Quote: samuraituretsky
Quote: Mrmorrises
Which path for Dune bug is better in pvp?

I hate that Dune Mage takes away his cool coloring (I reset mine to Scarab Sage), but the bonus armor is probably the difference maker for PvP, i.e. probably Dune Mage for PvP.

It's a very difficult decision for me, as the projectile upgrades on Scarab sage sound like they would make the greater difference.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#52 Posted: 01:23:22 05/01/2014
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I wanted to do Dune Mage but I can't stand the solid gold skin. Silly I know.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#53 Posted: 14:57:34 05/01/2014
my advise for pvp path choices:

Night: Proper Vampire. the other is useless, only makes you gain more money
Shift: Underbat. you have 3 lives instead of one. overpowered.

Fire: Magnificent Parade. dragon parade becomes an awesome move both offensively and defensively. you can use it to hit your enemies straight in the face while you have increased armor, or you can use it to escape from your enemy, still hitting him with your explosive fireworks
kraken: Stunning Sparker. they are both bad. but "stike the foes" of the Booming Bouncer path is very weak and very hard to use (it's good only to hit chompy), while "unstable element" is a little more useful.

Rattle: Deputy's Duty. that snake is awesome. it attacks the enemy and slow him while being indestructible. it's a powerhouse
Shake: Bone Herder. Grave Springer is too much AoE oriented and it's good for story mode. but for pvp Bone Herder is better, with his insane damage. sadly it's kinda slow, so it requires some ability to be used effectively.

Grilla: not tried yet, but Drilling Punches seems too weak.
Drilla: Coconut Caretaker. the banana turrets are too weak. they deal only 5 (5!!!) damage. while slower, the coconut turret deals 19 damage and it's stronger

Wind-Up: Winder. the windup punch deals 120 damage (180 crit) and also has a good range. the other abilities are also very good. the other path seems good for story mode

Pop Thorn: Tough and Puffed. the other path is good for story mode, increasing the aoe. this path give you more pvp utilities: rollerpuff help you pursuing your enemy while doing good damage at the same time, bounceback help your puff form damages and pricly body gives you an interesting counterattack

now a little help: which path is better for star strike? (pvp of course)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
godzilla2099 Red Sparx Gems: 30
#54 Posted: 21:45:36 05/01/2014
Hey guys,

I am looking for recommendations for Washbuckler and Bumbleblast. Specifically for PVP

Washbuckler:

Top: Not really sure. Leaning towards Cutless Path. The Parlay Pooper for Cutlass and the Piranhas for Bubble Buccaneer don't seem to really make a difference when it comes to fighting opponents. One just does a little more damage than the other. His soul gem ranged attack is the best attack. Bubble Buccaneer is far more effective in pve

Bottom: Tentacoolest: A more easier decision. With the ink path, the cloud it ticks a dummy for 6 hits, but who is really going to stand there and take all those hits? With tentacoolest, its overall more useful. Does it scale with the soul gem?

Bumbleblast: One of my favorite new skylanders. Both paths look awesome that I can't decide. The honey path slows the enemies, causes damage, and increases armor. The bee path has the bees do more damage and the swarm is all over the place.

Thanks
#55 Posted: 22:12:32 05/01/2014
What I'd say for some of the characters I've tried.

Wash: Captain Cutlass all the way. Use his decent speed with the bottom to get close, and deal great damage with you cutlass. Super simple, and super strong.

Buckler: Ink artist. That cloud of ink does 32 damage, and can hit multiple times. Very nice as a hazard in PvP and gets some unexpected damage in there.

Blast: Peoole don't seem to think he's too great, but on the ignition path, he's one of the best swapper's in PvP. Put out your ring of fire, and spam bombs in the enemy's face. An amazing DPS, and an incredibly well rounded character!

Zone: This is a tough one. Both paths have their perks, but Temperatures Rising wins. A good strategy against a character chasing you is to fly around leaving that annoying trail of fire, and if your adversary catches up to you, stop and you'll get your fire aura to deal some damage, whilst you set up a fire ring or throw bombs in their face.
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#56 Posted: 22:35:55 05/01/2014
Star Strike: Cosmic Reflector
Scorp: Stinger
Smolderdash: Sun Forged
Roller Brawl: Shadow Skater
Zoo Lou: Bucking Boar
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
#57 Posted: 00:20:09 06/01/2014
Hoot: He seems a lot like Jet vac, in that he's got a ranged projectile attack, and an up close, rapid ticking attack. Unlike with Jet vac, you should go for the projectile path: dream weaver. It functions like the eldritch beam, pretty much. You can latch onto your enemy with it, and it deals rapid damage, what's not to love?

Loop: Escape artist. There's room for some really quirky thigs on this path, and you're opponent always has to be alert as to whether or not he may be faking you out.
#58 Posted: 18:39:12 06/01/2014
for Free, go with the Wind Slasher path. the combo deals insane damage. the other path deals few damage even if at longer range, but it requires a lot to charge and that's not worth it
for Ranger, i have tried only the Tornado Thrower path. i have yet to buy all the upgrades, but with just the first one it deals like 45 damage at a good range. but i don't know how much damage deals the other attack, so i don't know which one is better

also, for Boom Jet i chose Squad Leader and Sky Artist. they are good, but not too exciting. Sky Artist is cool, you can "circle" the enemies with your smoke and damage them. Squad Artist increase the damage of Air Strike to 54+20 (bomb damage), but may the Storm Bomb of the other path is better... even if i think it's slow to charge
---
Sky Master 1606 Blue Sparx Gems: 776
#59 Posted: 00:55:59 09/01/2014
What is the best path for Wind-Up? I have him on the Winder path, but I don't know if the Toy Box Path is better. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#60 Posted: 01:48:04 09/01/2014
I prefer the path with the cymbals and plungers (I think that's the toy box path not sure)
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#61 Posted: 16:41:46 09/01/2014
Quote: Sky Master 1606
What is the best path for Wind-Up? I have him on the Winder path, but I don't know if the Toy Box Path is better. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

there is no better path, they just do different things. the toy box path as good aoe and is good to fight many small enemies, while the winder path has that crazy windup punch (120 damage) and is good to fight few enemies, but with a lot of health
---
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#62 Posted: 18:20:09 09/01/2014
Quote: Sky Master 1606

I've messed around with both paths they are both fantastic. Just a matter of play style go toy box path if your more a distance kind of person. Go the other route if you like to get in there and melee it up.
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#63 Posted: 00:57:24 22/01/2014 | Topic Creator
For Pop Thorn, which path is better?
I like the Controlled Breather path.
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#64 Posted: 15:08:14 22/01/2014
Just tried Free Rangers all in all and i need to say something:

About Free, the Wind Slasher path is totally useless since fethered fury only works properly against normal enemies, if used in PvP it will just aimlessly slash in place without moving towards the opponent, no matter what. It's probably a glitch, but it completely ruins the path's value in PvP. Furthermore, the overall blades damage does'nt get improved, they do the same damage on the other path
The charged lightning on the Storm Focus path is much more useful. It's slow to charge so you won't be using it all that much, but it has humongous reach and pierces through walls and obstacles so it' incredibly hard, if not impossible, to dodge. It hits for 80 damage so it's a nice addition
Storm Focus is the better path hands down

About Ranger, it's a matter of tastes: the tornado path gives a nice projectile, wich also pierces through obstacles so it can be good on swappers' Tops that don't exactly have solid projectiles, like Grilla.
the lightning path is more advised if you want to use it on Tops with already good ranged attacks, as the Lightning Nova gives you a tool to back off your opponent when they get too clos
They're both good paths, not excellent but both viable
#65 Posted: 03:49:21 25/01/2014
Which path for Wind-Up?
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#66 Posted: 13:45:45 27/01/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises
Which path for Wind-Up?

Wind up path. The toy path is useless IMO. Regular attack will out DPS the cymbals eve charged up, the projectile is 'OK' at best - Manga Charge and Drobot aren't losing sleep, but frankly, running around using the spring to launch and winding up all over the place - a constant wind up/explode combination just destroys most bad guys. On top of that the punch/boxing glove does GREAT damage with GREAT range.
- Unreall
#67 Posted: 16:16:10 27/01/2014
I just tok the Winder path and played with it in survival and PvP, it is amazing. The power crank upgrade is so useful for bringing your opponent close to you, which is where Wind up does wonders.
Psyko Red Sparx Gems: 23
#68 Posted: 15:07:35 03/02/2014
Hello there!

I'm new here so first: HELLO everybody smilie

I read often in the Forum to choose the best Path for my Skylanders...so i've bought 4 new Skylander and would love to here your path recommendations!
Rip Tide
Pop Thorn
Grim Creeper
Jolly Bumble Blast
Mostly i play alone because nobody plays skylanders in my friends list... smilie

PS: Sorry for my not so perfect english! I'm from Germany smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#69 Posted: 16:48:55 03/02/2014
Quote: Psyko
Hello there!

I'm new here so first: HELLO everybody smilie

I read often in the Forum to choose the best Path for my Skylanders...so i've bought 4 new Skylander and would love to here your path recommendations!
Rip Tide
Pop Thorn
Grim Creeper
Jolly Bumble Blast
Mostly i play alone because nobody plays skylanders in my friends list... smilie

PS: Sorry for my not so perfect english! I'm from Germany smilie

Welcome to the Madhouse smilie

As with most, the path recommendations are based on personal preferences...some of the paths are a complete waste so that's the perspective I will provide.

Rip Tide -- The path depends if you like heavy hitting (Flounder Pounder) or quick hits (Fishy Fencer). I've personally had great success with Flounder Pounder.
Pop Thorn - Controlled Breather works great for me, but honestly I haven't tried the other path.
Grim Creeper--I've tried both, and I prefer Grim Scythe Path. Just can't get into the out of body experience.
Jolly Bumble Blast -- If you don't want his looks to change, choose Honey Tree Path...personally I like Bee Keeper better but there's no real discernible difference in terms of his abilities. He's absolutely great though on either path and outside of his speed absolutely demolishes enemies.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:37:18 03/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#70 Posted: 19:25:08 03/02/2014
I won't comment on the first two as I just don't like Rip Tide, and I didn't try the other path for Pop Thorn.

Grim Creeper - Scythe Path...no question.
Bumble Blast - For me I actually have jolly and regular so I have one of both paths and have yet to feel one is better than the other, one of them might be better, but the difference isn't gargantuan if it is better. I think I enjoy the honey path a bit more though...but you can't really g0o wrong with him.
- Unreall
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#71 Posted: 22:25:16 03/02/2014
I'm torn on which paths to choose for Free Ranger. I'm leaning towards Storm Focus and whichever path the Tornado one is for his bottom. Right decision?
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
#72 Posted: 01:09:57 04/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster24
I'm torn on which paths to choose for Free Ranger. I'm leaning towards Storm Focus and whichever path the Tornado one is for his bottom. Right decision?

Yes, especially about the Top, like i said some posts above
The bottoms are both good for completely different reasons. I personally chose the Tornado path just because i can set it on fire with Blast's firewall (Flaming Tornados! Whooooo!!) but the other one does more damage up close

About the others, i can only confirm that Grim Creeper is much, MUCH better on the Grim Scythe Style path. Spooky Specter is meant to be used on story mode ONLY, there's where it shines, but it just sucks in PvP. Scythe path is good for both story and PvP
Don't have the other ones smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:02 04/02/2014 by Serenade
#73 Posted: 13:56:43 04/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster24

With 'Free' - the melee path will net you more performance over time, but I can't lie, the lightning path works well depending on the bottom it is paired with. It doesn't do great damage and doesn't fire fast enough to 'spam', but from a survival stand point it is awesome. Pair it with a high damaging bottom like 'Rise' or 'Rouser' or a turret bottom like 'Drilla'. While slow, there is something to be said for 'Free Bomb' too.

For the bottom I have both paths (I have three Rangers), and frankly the lightning one is almost useless to me at this point. It was great early on when I first started the inf money trick, but in actual 'combat', I'd rather do a primary attack, and only use the swirl for fighting guys with the purple shields. The tornado variant is 'meh' also BUT, it gives you a free projectile that just 'keeps going' - which is never a bad thing, but not efficient.
- Unreall
#74 Posted: 14:27:50 05/02/2014
which path for smolderdash? i think that sun forger is better is that true?
---
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#75 Posted: 15:46:10 05/02/2014
Personally I prefer the Sun Forged path
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#76 Posted: 16:10:34 05/02/2014
i decided to start doing some short story mode path reviews hope u enjoy
i did free ranger today which everyone was already doing but he was just the first one on my list of characters i actually played both paths of for a decent time
not the best detailed review, i played him quite a bit but havent in a while :/

Free: It's a tough choice, I would say Wind Slasher ends up a little stronger but Storm Focus gives him a bit more versatility. Wind Slasher gives you a blade combo you can charge up that does a lot of damage(8 slashes that do 25 damage with a 9th slash doing 100), while Storm Focus lets you charge up a bunch of lightning that does 80 damage over a decent area(pierces objects), and stuns enemies. One bad thing about Wind Slasher is the combo locks you into one place, but you can jump-cancel it so it's not a big problem. However- If you land a full Wind Slasher combo it's GREAT... but I don't think there are that many times you'd need it it and regular slashes are still very effective. The charge time required to use the combo is pretty short, though, so if you're good with timing you could get some good use from Wind Slasher's combo(but the same applies to Storm Focus). Free Ranger does not need another close-range attack, in my opinion, as his regular melee moves are already good. The upgrades on Storm Focus aren't really big either, though. It is nice that Storm Focus gives you a move with decent range that does decent damage and stuns enemies for a little bit of time, and once you get used to it the charge time really isn't bad. No matter which path you pick, you won't really use the upgrades too often- they're more like neat little bonuses that could be effective in the right hands, as opposed to big boosts to his current attacks, or real game-changers or anything...

Ranger: Lightning Linguist brings down a lightning bolt that damages enemies around you entering tornado form, Tornado Thrower does what it says: tosses out a tornado that damages enemies (and pierces through objects) in front of you upon exiting tornado form. Tornado Thrower is simply more useful in my opinion. I don't find much use for Lightning Linguist, because while the bolt is okay in close-up situations when you're surrounded, tornado form already tosses around enemies and damages them which covers that, and the damage it does isn't even that much(I don't remember too well, but I think it's only 50- which is actually less than the tornado from Tornado Thrower, which does 60!). Tornado Thrower's tornado, on the other hand, is very good for tossing up and damaging a bunch of enemies in front of you. Just the tornado as an attack on its own is effective.
#77 Posted: 14:05:45 06/02/2014
Quote: voodude
which path for smolderdash? i think that sun forger is better is that true?

I personally have her on the Sun Forger path right now, but i'm planning to try it PvP and then try out the other path as well
As of now, Sun Forger is a heck of a fun path, especialy in Eclipse mode: the charge time for the Giant Sun is really short so it can be used very effectively, and the 3 suns it splits into when you hit it with the whip have semi-auto tracking properties: they are launched in the dicection of the closest enemy regardless the angle you had when hitting the Giant Sun.
The more crit upgrade does wonders to her Whip, wich is very fast and thus has more chances to deal consecutive critical hits.
In Eclipse mode, detonating a Giant Sun generates a larger black hole compared to that of a regular Sun, but not as big as the Solar Slam's (Note for those who don't know: during Eclipse mode, detonating a Sun and using the Sun Slam generates a brief gravity pull that sucks enemies in. It barely lasts a second, but it's a strong effect).
I have yet to see if it's possible to detonate a Sun/Giant Sun while using the Sun Slam...if that is possible, it can generate a massive vortex of doom for the opponents, close to inescapable

The upgrades on the Sun Forged path really needs to be godlike to beat these, though the fire barrier and the additional armor could mix pretty well with her Soul Gem (wich is a fast, burning, not spammable dash. Useful to get close to the opponent)

She already took Flameslinger's place as my favorite Fire Skylander smilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#78 Posted: 05:08:51 10/02/2014
^just wondering if you had the time to try out the other path for Smolderdash yet, I have been holding off on upgrading her because I have no idea what to choose.
#79 Posted: 20:01:05 13/02/2014
Dos anyone have any opinions on a path for Stealth Elf for PVP?
I know everyone's first instinct is to shout "Pook Blade Saint" but now with her damage decreased, I'm not so sure.
Has anyone done any testing on Forest Ninja?
kpung Green Sparx Gems: 113
#80 Posted: 12:55:51 14/02/2014
What's the better path for Star Strike in PvP?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:14 14/02/2014 by kpung
#81 Posted: 17:42:59 15/02/2014
Quote: Hazard335
Dos anyone have any opinions on a path for Stealth Elf for PVP?
I know everyone's first instinct is to shout "Pook Blade Saint" but now with her damage decreased, I'm not so sure.
Has anyone done any testing on Forest Ninja?

Mhe, Forest Ninja just give her a near-to-useless ability to use in PvP, the scarecrows have puny reach and only deal considerable damage if the deal multiple hits, but it's hard as heck to keep a real opponent pinned into them, unless it's a very oblivious one. Plus, she loses half the damage she could do with the blades, missing both the damage upgrade and the spinning blades upgrade, so Forest Ninja is defenitely a waste of a path in PvP, while PBS is stil pretty solid, especcially for Ninja Stealth Elf, who has a pretty powerful wow pow to use with

Quote: kpung
What's the better path for Star Strike in PvP?

Cosmic Reflector
Star Strike is broken with either path, though. what makes her so strong is her ability to spam and deflect everything, which she has regardless of the path, Cosmic Reflector improves her spamming abilities further and also gives her more armor, so that makes her even more broken
Star Gazer improves you secondary attack, and at least makes that worth using in PvP, but her core-gameplan does'nt change. It's a more fun path. It's still broken, but not as broken as the other one
#82 Posted: 00:33:30 16/02/2014
Quote: Serenade
Mhe, Forest Ninja just give her a near-to-useless ability to use in PvP, the scarecrows have puny reach and only deal considerable damage if the deal multiple hits, but it's hard as heck to keep a real opponent pinned into them, unless it's a very oblivious one. Plus, she loses half the damage she could do with the blades, missing both the damage upgrade and the spinning blades upgrade, so Forest Ninja is defenitely a waste of a path in PvP, while PBS is stil pretty solid, especcially for Ninja Stealth Elf, who has a pretty powerful wow pow to use with

Thanks for the awesome response!
Have you played Blizzard Chill in PVP at all?
I can't decide on want path is better, since her Ice Blocks are much better in this game, but her Ice Lance still seems pretty spammable.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#83 Posted: 14:59:49 16/02/2014
What is the best paths for Stink Bomb,Rubble Rouser and Spy Rise?Reminder:I don't do PvP.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#84 Posted: 14:39:02 17/02/2014
Quote: Serenade

Cosmic Reflector
Star Strike is broken with either path, though. what makes her so strong is her ability to spam and deflect everything, which she has regardless of the path, Cosmic Reflector improves her spamming abilities further and also gives her more armor, so that makes her even more broken
Star Gazer improves you secondary attack, and at least makes that worth using in PvP, but her core-gameplan does'nt change. It's a more fun path. It's still broken, but not as broken as the other one

sincerely, i was very disappointed with cosmic reflector. the first ability, Atom Splitter, was very weak. the extra armor was nice, but not worth the path choice. tha last ability, Super Star, is also weak, the damage increase is very minor.
star gazer is so much better, imho. the damage from star light is very high (more than 50) and it's very easy to reflect. the fact you can set up two starfall with the last ability is also great. star truck is nothing exceptionally but it's ok, starfall damage becomes better. imho star gazer is a great path.
---
#85 Posted: 15:12:27 18/02/2014
As i said, Star Gazer IS a more fun path, Cosmic Reflector just focuses more on the shoot+deflect combination and makes her simply brainless to play, maybe this is why you're disappointed, however, this cheap tactic works wonders in PvP with little effort so i defenitely say it's the "better" path for it.
But i prefer Star Gazer too smilie

Also, i'd like to spend a word for Rip Tide

His best path is defenitely Fishy Fencer
The hammeread is already strong as it is, Flounder Pounder just makes him an inferior Wash Buckler so i feel it's kind of a waste, the Swordfish really needs some improves in damage since it hits really fast. The charging Hammerhead is very disappointing, it does'nt do good damage outside of the last hit, wich is hard to land in PvP and ultimately not worth in Story mode, plus , the dashing it provides is slow as well, and Rip Tide really enjoys more the charged Swordfish from the other path, wich is a fast drilling like attack that goes a nice distance and so is good to close the distance in PvP and running away while damaging in Story.
Also, the Swordfish-throw is much more reliable then the Hammerhead toss, because it covers a larger area, does more damage and the opponent has a much harder time to avoid the consecutive stabs of the Fishy Fencer's upgrade, while in PvP enemies with dashing moves like Stealth Elf can escape the second hit of the Hammerhead bounce from Flouder Pounder

A little note about the Pocket Whale: there seems o be a bug that always makes the Whale's hits appear as critical hits, while they actually aren't. This result in the Whale not being able to deal actual critical Hit damage. In short, the whale will always hit for "60!"
Can someone confirm this?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:12 18/02/2014 by Serenade
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#86 Posted: 02:45:00 21/02/2014
Ok, I'd like to clear something up about Free Rangers top Wind Slasher Path; It doesn't lock you in place. As long as there are enemies or Skylanders near you, you can instantly move to them while performing the combo with the analog stick. Try it with the target dummies in Woodburrow, you'll see what I mean. Just wanted to clear things up, Wind Slasher imo is easily the superior choice. The bottom honestly is a tied ballgame, just go with what you feel's best.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
#87 Posted: 03:54:30 21/02/2014
Quote: ProphetFlareon
Ok, I'd like to clear something up about Free Rangers top Wind Slasher Path; It doesn't lock you in place. As long as there are enemies or Skylanders near you, you can instantly move to them while performing the combo with the analog stick. Try it with the target dummies in Woodburrow, you'll see what I mean. Just wanted to clear things up, Wind Slasher imo is easily the superior choice. The bottom honestly is a tied ballgame, just go with what you feel's best.

The point is, as i said before, the enemy-targeting feature of feathered fury only works properly on normal enemies (that includes the dummies)
It does'nt work in PvP. even if the opponent is right next to you, moving the analog stick simply makes you turn, but you won't dash to him and will just keep slashing in place
I play the XboX version, so that should'nt be an individual bug
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#88 Posted: 04:24:57 21/02/2014
[quote=Serenade

The point is, as i said before, the enemy-targeting feature of feathered fury only works properly on normal enemies (that includes the dummies)
It does'nt work in PvP. even if the opponent is right next to you, moving the analog stick simply makes you turn, but you won't dash to him and will just keep slashing in place
I play the XboX version, so that should'nt be an individual bug[/quote]

Hm, that's weird. Never seen that before when playing my brother. I'll have to look into the combo more. I still think it's the better path, but Free Ranger's lower half is probably one of the best swap legs in the game, so ut alone is a reason to get him. I tried the lightning path, and it just didn't seem to click for me. Well, everyone has their own opinion smilie
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
#89 Posted: 09:51:42 01/03/2014
Need help on Pop Thorn, what's his best PVP path?
It seems everyone has so many mixed opinions.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 19:18:01 08/03/2014 by Hazard335
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#90 Posted: 09:22:03 15/03/2014
If anyone wants to know smilie on the Dune Mage path seems the best and everyone should check out Wreckinballforever on Youtube. He has smilie and did both paths so now anyone can finally decide which path is the best. I personally still want Eelectrocutey, but the other also seems good too.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#91 Posted: 11:20:44 15/03/2014
For smilie I found the Conductor Constructor path more fun and better for dealing damage. I'll post the videos if people want me to.
---
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#92 Posted: 14:22:23 18/03/2014
Trap Shadows Paths:

Freeze Blade Paths:

Scratch Paths:

Fryno Paths:

---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#93 Posted: 18:39:28 29/03/2014
^ Thanks for the path videos!! I was trying to figure out which paths to do for Trap Shadow and watching each path in action really helped me to choose smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#94 Posted: 02:40:49 31/03/2014
Anytime! =D
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

#95 Posted: 13:37:01 03/04/2014
All right, tried carefully both Trap Shadow and Scratch and there's defenitely something to say on them

Trap's best path is Trap Trickster fo sure: his traps are very good, especially PvP and powering them up really helps. Notes that if the trap has been on the field for at least 3 seconds when you toss another one, the old one explodes for a good 45 damage instead of disappearing. This is obviously most useful in PvP where you can stack this "combo" relentlessly against far away opponents
Feral Instinct path really does'nt give him anything... the swipe combo locks him in place, it does'nt dash into enemies like Free Ranger's, so it's both risky and underwhelming for story and defenetely useless in PvP, using his standard claw attacks and Wow Pow is much better. The claw damage overall does'nt get improved, so it's a useless upgrade. Go with the traps

Shadow's best path is the Kick path: it's not great, but it do improves both the range and damage of the shadow kicks, but not the damage of the "shadow form" and the coming-out of the shadows attack, wich is strange since those are tecnically... Shadow attacks as well smilie. Per se, shadow kicks are an extra feature on Trap Shadow, but may be useful to some other swapper top that lacks a consistent mid-range attack like Grilla, Free and so forth.
Prowler would like to give you something like Flameslinger and Zone's flame trail, but it's not the same at all... the shadow steps stay on the field for a very, VERY short time, so they're not near as useful at controlling space like the Flame Trails, however, they do tecnically improve the damage you do when going invisible, so it's nice for Story, where enemies stop attacking you when you're invisible, and you can go all out on them. Use this path solely for Story and Arenas, not PVP

As for Scratch, she's actually good on both paths: Ruby is more aggressive. The Jewel Beam does increased damage (17 instead of 15. not much, but the more Crit upgrade also helps) and makes the opponent occasionally flinch, hindering his attacks, while the spinning claw attack is powerful and homes on the enemy (it also aims for the opponent in PvP, it's not a dud like Free's slasher combo), where she can start slicing him. This attack is also hard if not impossible to interrupt once it's charged. This is defenitely a fun path build for offence with a nice tool to use at distance
Shappire on the other hand, is a zoning path: the beam slows the opponent down instead of making him flinch, so they can still attack, but it gives you more time to react and dodge them, while the charged whirlwind generates a big vacuuming tornado in front of you, the whirlwind actually does little damage (9 per hit) but it has a fairly powerful vacuum effect that prevents opponent to either escape or get too close to you. The charge time is very brief so it can be used consistently, combined with the Jewel beam properties and the +10 speed upgrade, this path allows you to keep the opponent where you want, like a...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
... cat playing with the mouse!

She's not broken, but very strong on both paths for different reasons: Ruby is powerful and easy to use, Shappire is mobile and requires some skill
#96 Posted: 17:02:51 03/04/2014
I prefer the sapphire path so far. I feel like I'm playing "rush down" and pretty much beam myself all over the place 'pouncing' on bad guys, killing them, then on to the next one. I'm on the fence about her suction attack. It's great against chompies and other one hit wonder type things, but it doesn't 'stun' enough to be useful against stronger guys who will just shoot you through it. It should at least greatly increase your defenbse so you can 'dodge' stuff while spinning in that circle.
- Unreall
#97 Posted: 23:46:01 03/04/2014
I think I may convert to Trickster path being the supreme one for PVP. Thank you!
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

#98 Posted: 19:38:20 05/04/2014
Which paths are better for Freeze Blade in pvp?
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#99 Posted: 00:49:21 06/04/2014
which path should I chose for Fryno? I've went back and forth and can not decide which is better. Can you also give your reasons on why that path? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Terramatt Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#100 Posted: 00:59:44 07/04/2014
For Fryno take brawler
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me