Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What's with people and spyros design?
Page 1 of 1
What's with people and spyros design? [CLOSED]
cowansm3 Green Sparx Gems: 256
#1 Posted: 09:34:29 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I ran across many threads relating to spyros design and people not playing it just because of that,reminds me of WoW fans complaining about adding Pandarens,even though they were already in warcraft 3,anyway,it's really getting annoying,if you hate spyros new look,please give a logical and explanatory reason,just post it here.
---
Me not that kind of orc.Me different from other orcs.Me also like kittens,but me hate wolfs.Me also novelist.Buy cows new best sell"Life of Orc"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 12:50:53 28/11/2013
Because haters gonna hate and not everyone likes design changes? It happens in the best fandoms,sorry if it annoys you but someone is always willing to dislike change,having reasons for it or not.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 20:03:42 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Because haters gonna hate and not everyone likes design changes? It happens in the best fandoms,sorry if it annoys you but someone is always willing to dislike change,having reasons for it or not.

I know what you mean,things change,and I get angry at those changes too sometimes,but I don't go around every forum saying someone who plays skylanders is on drugs or that they should revert to classic spyro.Which is the reason I get annoyed by them.I think a healing for those fans would maybe be a classic spyro figure or hunter or another character in classic spyro as sklanders.
---
Me not that kind of orc.Me different from other orcs.Me also like kittens,but me hate wolfs.Me also novelist.Buy cows new best sell"Life of Orc"
#4 Posted: 20:51:25 28/11/2013
Wouldn't work for all.As I said,someone is always willing to dislike change. It doesn't matter if it's for the better or the worse,if it's a big change or a small one(just ask the Sonic fandom about green eyes),someone won't like it. And even if the devs actually wanted to make these people happy,some would just shrug at the older style figure/game with 'it's not the same now that it has changed' or 'everything should go back to what it was,not just this'. It's not even a fandom quirk - it's part of people's minds.The trick is those people not bashing those that like the changes,and those that are okay with it accepting that the biggest fans can also dislike parts of the franchises they love(just ask me about Swap Force).
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 21:54:13 28/11/2013
Exchange "Spyro" for "any character ever", and you just summed up an entire section of fans for the form of media that the aforementioned character is related to.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 01:25:41 29/11/2013
Hey, at least he's not
< THAT
bad...
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#7 Posted: 01:34:23 29/11/2013
Who knows??....
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#8 Posted: 02:39:06 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Hey, at least he's not
< THAT
bad...

smilie,that close up is the most creepiest thing i seen e_e
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#9 Posted: 13:59:03 29/11/2013
Quote: cowansm3
Quote: Arc of Archives
Hey, at least he's not
< THAT
bad...

smilie,that close up is the most creepiest thing i seen e_e

hahahaha smilie!! Yeah, I'm agree
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#10 Posted: 14:44:52 29/11/2013
How are you in a state of agree?

Either way,that probably was a modeling hiccup,Skyro's final artwork always had him on his sorta-cheerful expression he has in the final toy.
EDIT: Though 8 of 26 in the Artwork section of SSA's gallery has him on that expression,whoops.Though it's a really weird attempt at menacing pose,specially since his teeth don't stick out that much ingame.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:18 29/11/2013 by Bifrost
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 15:37:10 29/11/2013
Ahh, but you're forgetting he was similarly poorly-menacing even around the time of Toy Fair 20... What, 11?
[User Posted Image]
I remember that art being used in a few promo thingies.

Actually, the pic in my avatar was used on the back of SSA legendary 3-packs, this zoomed in version is just from the collection vault app. Doesn't that seem to suggest, for a while they did plan to go with a different look? I mean they took a shot of it and used it in official stuff. It's like how LightCore Pop Fizz ended up having one bottle instead of two like he did on the poster, probably not a mistake. He has more teeth, his horns are different, and his chestplates are more spaced out.
#12 Posted: 19:15:19 29/11/2013
Well,it's probably because they were done at the time SSA was supposed to be a lot more heroic and serious-ish,maybe still growing out of Spyro's Kingdom into its silly and fun mood.Some pictures were visibly done with a lot of space between them,specially with Skyro,and with the new SF artworks might as well say the art team changes styles a lot. Though I really can't say he looks any 'hideous' to me,just a really bad attempt at looking cool and strong when Skyro's whole thing is about being small yet powerful. No wonder the characters and SF hardly appeal to me,they used the 'omg so cool' mood in the artwork and everyone looks like something out of the average Dreamworks movie minus some creativity.
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#13 Posted: 22:23:41 29/11/2013
Though I personally hate 'Skyros' design, it certainly didn't keep me from playing 'Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure', people that refuse to play it (or hate the franchise) just because because Spyro looks different are just stubborn idiots.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 02:52:41 30/11/2013
The design fights perfectly into the Skylanders universe. However, aesthetically, I find it pretty lousy. If I did play Skylanders, I certainly wouldn't use Spyro. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#15 Posted: 06:34:59 30/11/2013
I don't mind Spyro's Skylander design. I think Spyro's Skylander design suits the game, in a good way. He looks really cool in Swap Force!
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#16 Posted: 06:46:51 30/11/2013
Quote: HIR
The design fights perfectly into the Skylanders universe. However, aesthetically, I find it pretty lousy. If I did play Skylanders, I certainly wouldn't use Spyro. >.>

I vowed that as well
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:47:54 30/11/2013 by willspyro
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#17 Posted: 07:09:42 30/11/2013
Got to admit his current design is still better compared to Skylanders pre-launch.
#18 Posted: 07:55:10 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Speaking of designs,anyone like spyros new clay model in swap force?They made it more smooth looking and not make him look like a purple lizard with wings.
---
#19 Posted: 17:01:20 30/11/2013
SF redesigns in general were pretty weird,not just with Spyro.All water Skylanders look lifeless,Slam Bam became white Chewbacca,the majority of characters traded off textures for a rubber-y look,and some were scaled weirdly like the Giants and Hot Dog. But it's not me discussing Swap Force without criticizing that game,it's the DOTD of the Skylanders series if you ask me.
---
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#20 Posted: 18:47:02 07/01/2014
Spyro is spyro whatever he looks like. He'll always save the day in the end. I preference ANB design, but that's just me. He will always be the purple dragon we all know and love. UNLESS THEY MAKE HIM YELLOW
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#21 Posted: 20:20:53 07/01/2014
I never liked any of the redesigns, myself, not even the ANB/TEN model.

There are plenty of reasons to not be interested in playing Skylanders, and I don't think hating the character designs is an entirely invalid one. It is kind of hard to be attached to characters you find ugly, to be fair.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#22 Posted: 20:25:42 07/01/2014
I actually really like Spyro's Skylanders design. It's a fun mix of all his previous incarnations as well as being something new. By contrast, I loathed his ANB/TEN design (it's hideous and kind of creepy) and his DotD design always makes me cringe (his back legs are broken, he shouldn't be able to breathe with a chest like that, his face...oh gawd..., etc, etc, ad nauseum).
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#23 Posted: 20:32:04 07/01/2014
Completely agree on the DotD design. D: Cynder is even worse.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#24 Posted: 22:40:28 07/01/2014
Oh man, DotD Cynder... D: One of her legs has a an extra third joint! ;_;
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me