Page 1 of 1
time attack glumshanks [CLOSED]
Dontfeedjay Red Sparx Gems: 41
#1 Posted: 18:02:58 04/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi all, I tried searching, to no avail.

Has anyone beaten glumshanks on time attack nightmare? Been trying for a and can't get anywhere near the 1:45 Mark for 3 star.

Tips or skylander suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
#2 Posted: 18:31:42 04/11/2013
The goals don't have to be met on nightmare.
WhoDaGoose Red Sparx Gems: 40
#3 Posted: 05:49:13 05/11/2013
I think they meant to make the times 3:00 and 2:45 not 3:00 and 1:45.

It took me FOREVER to figure out how to beat him in time, even with a friend (I only played on Hard, until I unlocked Nightmare), but you can do it solo.

BUMBLE BLAST - Bee Keeper path

Run directly up to Glumshanks when his armor breaks and keep shooting bees, when you are next to him alternate between barfing a beehive and bee (on Xbox press X, Y, X, Y over and over). Use the Hammer item for extra damage.

When Glumshanks calls 'minions' run directly to each minion that spawns firing bees, barf one beehive directly on them when you reach them and spam bee attacks.

Fireman Hat for +20% crit is a BIG help.

Defeating Glumshanks in under 1:45 on HARD difficulty and Nightmare is the ultimate test for a skylander's max damage output. First time I cleared this with Bumbleblast was with 4/10 of a second to spare.

-Goose
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#4 Posted: 09:46:21 05/11/2013
Is no point in doing any of the Time Attack Missions on Nightmare unless you want to have a harder time getting 3 Stars.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Dontfeedjay Red Sparx Gems: 41
#5 Posted: 00:43:54 06/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, my Rumble Blast is maxed out at 20 on the other tree. I'll have to wait until a variant comes out to check out bee keeper.

Also, I know I don't have to do the missions on nightmare, but I enjoy a challenge. This one I just needed to ask for help on as none of my skylanders could pull it off.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#6 Posted: 03:29:25 16/01/2014
I'd battle Evil Glumshanks in either Easy or Medium modes first. Then do this again in Nightmare mode.
#7 Posted: 03:44:51 16/01/2014
Quote: Dontfeedjay
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, my Rumble Blast is maxed out at 20 on the other tree. I'll have to wait until a variant comes out to check out bee keeper.

Also, I know I don't have to do the missions on nightmare, but I enjoy a challenge. This one I just needed to ask for help on as none of my skylanders could pull it off.

I don't know if I would consider it a challenge. The game is built where only a few are mean't to really solo Nightmare Mode. Even then you end up having to rely on stuff that comes from the Adventure Packs to do that.
---
blueruckus Green Sparx Gems: 419
#8 Posted: 05:00:02 16/01/2014
Kind of annoying that Nightmare mode is pointless for Time Attack mode aside from just the personal challenge. I don't like this at all.

Anyway, if you have them, your best single target DPS would be using Spy Jet. Use Spy to fully scan Glumshanks and this will reduce his armor so he takes more damage. Then keep spamming Mach 2 with Jet, but make sure you're on the Ace Gunner path. You'll be doing A LOT of damage with this setup.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#9 Posted: 13:07:31 16/01/2014
I succeeded at all first try on Easy. Only levels I went through on easy were Time Attack levels.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7069
#10 Posted: 23:36:55 22/03/2014
Just for all you TH haters. Just did this in 1:23 with Springtime TH and my son did it in 1:17 with him.

Gotta love the Triggs and his unlimited machine gun. :-)

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#11 Posted: 08:18:41 23/03/2014
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Just for all you TH haters. Just did this in 1:23 with Springtime TH and my son did it in 1:17 with him.

Gotta love the Triggs and his unlimited machine gun. :-)

-VM

Series 1 and Series 2 have unlimited machine gun also. If anything it makes Series 2 the best for this.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me