Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
NOES!!!!!! spyro!!! [CLOSED]
DemonSpyro115 Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#51 Posted: 22:45:03 04/05/2009
WHAT waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why how could they do this to us sick bastards im srry i didnt mean that spyro if i cuss at the company im cussing at spyro there is no way out[User Posted Image]
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#52 Posted: 23:24:03 04/05/2009
Quote: Tango
I don't like the old series as much as I like the new. There seemed to be hardly any plot or emotions in them. In STD, the dragons get frozen, and Spyro just accsepts he has to save them SEACONDS after. That's just stupid. Wouldn't you wonder WHY they were frozen? If you were the ONLY dragon that wasn't frozen?

WTF?

You need this video NOW:

BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#53 Posted: 06:19:04 05/05/2009
SPYRO the DRAGON
SONIC the HEDGEHOG <--- Here's what made Spyro famous. I smell marketing scheme...

You should start seeing the connection soon...
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#54 Posted: 09:02:57 05/05/2009
Oh come on sonic and spyro and unrelated.

Oh noes Solid snake hates hedgehogs.

Starfox WOOT
#55 Posted: 17:01:17 05/05/2009
Both Sonic and Spyro are Mascots with Attitude (or a negative light, Attitude the Whatevers), which was "the thing" to do back in the 90s if you wanted to make it rich. Of course, poor character development (or lack of it thereof), lousy game universe, and poor quality is often why these characters "fail" after their first sequel.

Indeed, Snake hates hedgehogs. Do you know why?

And yes, yeah for Starfox. Falco, Krystal, and Panther are indeed cool...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#56 Posted: 07:39:08 03/06/2009
Why does everyone think that TLoS is better than the original STD? I honestly think that all of the fighting in TLoS is all they are ment to do, and in the original series you had to do tasks instead of just fighting all of the time. Sure the music and graphics are better in TLoS, but I love both of the series, just because it's Spyro.
STD:smilie
TLoS:smilie
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#57 Posted: 08:20:58 03/06/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
Quote: Doinu
people are saying this is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

It's not, they're switching back to the old series from what I'm hearing.

Well, that's ghetto! The Old ones were really good and had a great run for it's money. It's time we had something fresh within the last 3-4 years be continued...

Quote: Shadow Angel
switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. I LOVE the new spyro games better then that old trash.

Hey, give that "old trash" some slack!
#58 Posted: 03:27:03 04/06/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro
Hey, give that "old trash" some slack!

Yeah, the 80s games deserve the great respect! Heck, if it weren't for that little ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, the MSX computer, Europe's homebrew game makers, and good innovation, we'd all be bored to death!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#59 Posted: 05:07:36 26/06/2009
The old series (STD) is way better than the new one (TLoS) !!!!!! In STD the music is cooler than the new stuff and you had challenges to do instead of fighting all of the time! Spyro looks cuter in STD too, in TLoS Spyro's jaw and head shape looks like a bull dog (not to mention his face looks a bit like he was hit with a truck!) All i'm saying is sometimes the ideas are better the first time you think of them.
#60 Posted: 02:30:13 27/06/2009
Quote: C1nder
The old series (STD) is way better than the new one (TLoS) !!!!!! In STD the music is cooler....

Stopped reading at that point.

Garage band is a wonderful tool for automated melodies because like everything else Insomniac assumed that because Mr. Copeland is a drummer he must be an idiot and thus Copeland wasn't allowed to be creative. Not even arranger masters like myself can make the songs sound catchier and up to standards like that of Wise or Kondo because of the severe case of Synthesizertis and unmemorableness.

Seriously. Sierra music > Garage Band automation systems
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
AssassinTyler Ripto Gems: 400
#61 Posted: 09:48:26 27/06/2009
it won't be the last spyro related relese ever the franchise is to big
Polorapknight Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#62 Posted: 16:49:31 07/08/2009
Hey Here's an idea! How about they do it just like Resident Evil......what U mean is make a Remake that has better graphics, and changed up some things here and there! STD Remake would be nice if they put very good graphics like LoS DOTD!
---
Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Polorapboy
TAKING VIDEO REQUEST!!!
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#63 Posted: 16:55:39 07/08/2009
Quote: Polorapknight
Hey Here's an idea! How about they do it just like Resident Evil......what U mean is make a Remake that has better graphics, and changed up some things here and there! STD Remake would be nice if they put very good graphics like LoS DOTD!

Oh, goodness. The DotD Spyro running around and doing that would look weird, though. Maybe if it was the Spyro from TEN or something, it'd be better IMO. But, that's a pretty good idea, Polora.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#64 Posted: 20:03:06 07/08/2009
people are saying this movie is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

fail. smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#65 Posted: 21:19:36 07/08/2009
Quote: crashpro
I don't like the old series as much as I like the new. There seemed to be hardly any plot or emotions in them. In STD, the dragons get frozen, and Spyro just accsepts he has to save them SEACONDS after. That's just stupid. Wouldn't you wonder WHY they were frozen? If you were the ONLY dragon that wasn't frozen?

WTF?

You need this video NOW:

And how did that help anything?
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#66 Posted: 22:40:04 07/08/2009
they might have the old ones but there going to make new ones 2
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#67 Posted: 16:26:57 18/09/2009
people are saying this is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. I LOVE the new spyro games better then that old trash.

I agree the old seris was horrible.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#68 Posted: 16:36:05 18/09/2009
i like the new series beter too. but the old was good too
#69 Posted: 17:33:29 18/09/2009
The old series was your typical 90s Mascot with 'tude-problems merchandise driven 3D platformer that's aged very badly compared to the games that were around in it's time. The Legends just needed more man power and not to have the money sucked out by Gary Oldman... =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#70 Posted: 10:12:37 19/09/2009
Wow...reading through this first page haha, I guess the internet really is SRSBSNS. People just go crazy with their opinions. Not much of a need to insult people over different taste :/

And people don't have to like the original trilogy but have some respect for it at least because without it, there would be no Cynder for everyone to fanboy/girl over.

As for this being the last spyro thing evar, I kinda feel the same way but I hope it's not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:14:43 19/09/2009 by undertow25
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#71 Posted: 22:18:09 19/09/2009
I prefer the new too, I still do like the old though...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#72 Posted: 23:17:20 19/09/2009

Why did you bother playing the new games if you didn't like the originals? Which of the originals have you played?

Quote:

Don't you believe in the power of the average joe or concerned citizen? Spyro saw everyone was in peril and wasted no time doing exactly what was needed to save them all. Besides, the old PS1 disks had less room on them than the new ones, and I think there was only room for what they put in. Ie; 3D graphics, many large, pretty worlds, a bit of dialoge, and really fun gameplay.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:32:47 19/09/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
rept7 Blue Sparx Gems: 826
#73 Posted: 23:37:44 19/09/2009
The original Spyro games actually got a better rating anyway. Apparently Year of the Dragon was the best Spyro game ever. I don't blame them, fighting not being any good until the 3rd TLOS and even then its beatable in such a short time. The first 3 had simplistic but interesting gameplay and the maps were very explorable... Wait a second we're off topic.

I doubt that this is the last Spyro thing they'll ever do. I know alot of people on the internet that played the game so this can't be a failing industry. I mean more people know of Spyro then Billy Hatcher (Don't ask "who?" cause you'll know my point). Now if they are to cancel the series, blame whoever's bright idea it was to remake the series (I'm not offending those who liked the new spyro, but the game ratings say everything).
---
7 Ain't so lucky anymore.
#74 Posted: 03:37:59 20/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Why did you bother playing the new games if you didn't like the originals? Which of the originals have you played?

Quote:

Don't you believe in the power of the average joe or concerned citizen? Spyro saw everyone was in peril and wasted no time doing exactly what was needed to save them all. Besides, the old PS1 disks had less room on them than the new ones, and I think there was only room for what they put in. Ie; 3D graphics, many large, pretty worlds, a bit of dialoge, and really fun gameplay.

Looks like someone is getting a little touchy, but it's true though...

The older Spyro games have aged very poorly to games like Super Mario 64 (The first well known 3D platformer) and Earthbound. The oversized graphics, ugly maps, mediocre voice acting (since this wasn't important as opposed to graphics), the dreaded Yamaha XG 98 music tones, and Banjo-Kazooie esque gameplay really aren't all that great for a modern-day gamer. Maybe back in it's time it was fair, but it's just like any other typical 90s platformer made. Oh yeah, and the executive meddling on Sony's part is still driving me up the wall. Hopefully they didn't completely screw over Insomniac/Universal like they said they did. And GARAGE BAND for a professional composer who was doing his job long before the company was even founded... how ridiculous can you get?

As for the game's story line, well, it's an excuse plot kids. All games at that time used it, since having a set of good writers would mean less money into graphics and advertising and more money into what's actually important for the game. Besides, Spyro was (and still is) a Marty Stu in that because if anyone would be that much of jerkass as he was, you'd get your butt beat no matter how heroic of a deed you're doing.

The new stuff just lacked some man-power and the funds needed. Indeed, Gary Oldman is a good actor, but he's not going to even look at the script unless you plop a huge wad of cash in front of him just for him to consider. I'd hire Jim Walker and Billy West as opposed to Elijah Wood and David Spade, since those guys are trained in voice acting. The music was good, but it could have used more saxaphones (sees a film composer faint in the corner) and some jazziness so that it would feel more fitting for a land that isn't 100% high fantasy. Oh yeah and better gameplay. Outside of that, I'd think it would be a pretty decent game then.

And no kids this isn't the last Spyro thing because obviously, DRAGONS BRING DOLLARS.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#75 Posted: 12:10:13 20/09/2009
Quote:
The older Spyro games have aged very poorly to games like Super Mario 64 (The first well known 3D platformer) and Earthbound. The oversized graphics, ugly maps, mediocre voice acting (since this wasn't important as opposed to graphics), the dreaded Yamaha XG 98 music tones, and Banjo-Kazooie esque gameplay really aren't all that great for a modern-day gamer. Maybe back in it's time it was fair, but it's just like any other typical 90s platformer made. Oh yeah, and the executive meddling on Sony's part is still driving me up the wall. Hopefully they didn't completely screw over Insomniac/Universal like they said they did. And GARAGE BAND for a professional composer who was doing his job long before the company was even founded... how ridiculous can you get?

Well obviously a new Classic Style game will not be identical to the oldies. If someone were to suggest something with polygonal graphics and nobody voice actors for an installment in a franchise like Spyro, or even for any game in this age, they'd get laughed out of the office. No, If a classic style game were made it would have to have really good graphics, popular voice actors (coughtomkennycough), a good plot/story, and good dialogue. As for the music, I and many classics fans liked it and still do. What don't you like about it AJ?

Quote:
As for the game's story line, well, it's an excuse plot kids. All games at that time used it, since having a set of good writers would mean less money into graphics and advertising and more money into what's actually important for the game. Besides, Spyro was (and still is) a Marty Stu in that because if anyone would be that much of jerkass as he was, you'd get your butt beat no matter how heroic of a deed you're doing.

What?! Spyro wasn't a jerk! He was everyone's friend. He was always willing to take time out of his saving the day schedule to perform some small task for a person in need. Yeah he was sarcastic, wisecracking, and a little in your face but that's just Spyro for ya. He was rarely jerkish to his firends anyway just to his enemies. There are a few instances where he got lippy with his allies though, but nothing worth fighting him about.
STD: (saves hard to reach dragon in Tree Tops) Well you could have found an easier place to get stuck!
RR/GtG: What are you some kind of goat? (honest mistake)
YotD: Professor: My planner must be out of date... Spyro: Yeah by a thousand years.
EtD: Random guy: Can you do it Spyro? Spyro: Sure, I wasn't born in the back country you know. (I stand corrected, Spyro deserved a smack for that one! X_X)
AHT: So, Hunter, are you done "bein' awesome" yet?

Also, how was he a Stu?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:10:51 20/09/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#76 Posted: 12:14:21 20/09/2009
Quote: C1nder
The old series (STD) is way better than the new one (TLoS) !!!!!! In STD the music is cooler than the new stuff and you had challenges to do instead of fighting all of the time! Spyro looks cuter in STD too, in TLoS Spyro's jaw and head shape looks like a bull dog (not to mention his face looks a bit like he was hit with a truck!) All i'm saying is sometimes the ideas are better the first time you think of them.

You just won the internetz.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
#77 Posted: 12:38:55 20/09/2009
Yeah C1nder, Way to go!
---
#78 Posted: 12:56:21 20/09/2009
Quote: ignitusforever

I agree the old seris was horrible.

O.O The old series started Spyro! Be thankful!

The old series was waaaaayyy better than DOTD's Spyro-and-Cynder junk.
---
#79 Posted: 13:26:04 20/09/2009
I agree SpyroCrazy.
---
#80 Posted: 16:16:38 20/09/2009
Go back and play a REAL classic, like Metal Gear Solid or Blast Corps, and then tell me the craptacular Spyro the Dragon is a good game...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#81 Posted: 16:33:21 20/09/2009
Quote: dingodile555

That's your opinion. Personally I find the new games are sloppy, totally unrelated to the real Spyro and the exact opposite of what made Spyro successful in the first place. The gameplay is boring, tedious combat all the way through. Graphics and music are gloomy and boring, the opposite of what Spyro used to be. Storyline is so generic it's awful.

They won't switch to the old series style since they managed to brainwash a load of gullible kids into thinking these games are awesome when theyre actually works of complete laziness with the Spyro license slapped onto it to attract more buyers....

Basically Spyro IS dead, they're just using his name and likeness for this new generic fantasy series so that more people will buy it because Spyro is a well-known character.

I'm not a hater so dont flame me like you usually do... I'm just telling it like it is. I don't like people dumping on the old series when it is undeniably better than Legend trilogy, but I do like A New Beginning on DS. The others, however, SUCK! The best thing about this series is Crash Bandicoot making secret cameos in ANB DS and TEN, but unfortunately Dawn of the Dragon was just awful.

I love you.

Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Go back and play a REAL classic, like Metal Gear Solid or Blast Corps, and then tell me the craptacular Spyro the Dragon is a good game...

It's a right sight better than DOTD! If we got rid of STD then there would be no Spyro. The LOS creaters were just buyers! I'm not dising the new series, but the first era was just simple, fun and the best! We don't need serious storylines and drippy girl characters!

The best thing that came out of ANB and TEN (which I liked) was Sparx, but in DOTD they ruined him.

Suprise suprise...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:45 20/09/2009 by SpyroCrazy
#82 Posted: 21:17:14 20/09/2009
AJ, why did you bother trying LOS when you didn't like the first Spyro games?

As for playing those games, form what I know of MGS, it is a shooter of sorts, and not the type of game I like. As for the other one, never heard of it.

dingodile555, YOU ARE MY HERO!
---
#83 Posted: 21:57:34 20/09/2009
^It's called change. When I first played Ripto's Rage, I really didn't care much except for it was something to do and wasn't about going out and help my step dad play Tomb Raider or anything like that. But then I grew up, and started favoring more darker games and such. Of course, the only "touchy important-in-my-childhood" game is Sim City, mostly because it was the only thing that kept my mind glued during brutal arguments between my parents (and that I am obsessed with creating things). But even things like that I can let go of for other things, and sometimes they come back.

But let's put it this way, it was something that just couldn't last as it was. I actually wasn't all that willing to play the LoS series at first glance, but then I gave it a try and enjoyed it. Sure, it's short, it's not the best, but hey, at least it feels like I'm actually playing a dragon game, and not some tacked together commercial. Also, it was made be Sierra, who's known for putting effort into their stories, music, and such (ever played King's Quest or Space Quest?), but then again, Sierra was past their time and their age was showing (and I bet Gary Oldman milked them dry of their funds).

Also, research on the internet has kind of made it were I see things more of what they are. Like with me constantly poking fun at the Yamaha soundcard in the PSX; when I was 10, I didn't know about soundcards. It wasn't until I learned about soundcards and such when I started MIDI sequencing that I found out the truth about the works Sony and Yamaha did (like how that Umesto [I can't spell Mr. Final Fantasy's Music name] used it to create the soundtrack for FF games on the PSX). Of course, being that I am a musician, composer, and do stuff with MIDI, I like to be able to do the best to insure that my works don't sound like cheaply done music on a cheap old synth.

And finally, I don't take for granted what's in the present. Sure, it's full of problems, but it was worse in the past. To me, the 90s are becoming the new 50s, in which everyone wants to paint them in as being the brightest decade ever known, despite the fact that things were horrible in that time. Sure, media was coming with new things everyday, but things in real life were quite horrible. Corporate Corruption, Columbine, the OKC bombing, the White Water Scandal, the war against video game companies by soccer moms, the Y2K fears, government conspiracies, and sexual discrimination were quite severe in 199X... Of course, some of you may not remember all that, but I do.

I guess it's just because I appreciate things of today because the past was already done, the future may never come, and today is all you have sort of thing... Just be happy this Mike guy is even bothering with the series to make it something that not just a spoiled rotten 8-12 year old kid can enjoy and something for everyone old and young to enjoy. Besides, in the end, we're only human beings doing things.

Wow, that was a lot of talk...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#84 Posted: 22:30:57 20/09/2009
All times have thier fun and troubles. Are you saying things are fine today? Well, they're not. We've got failing economies all over the world, A war in Iraq and Afganistan, corporate corruption still takes place, disease, famine, natural disasters, a planet that is "dieing" in a sense (our O zone is full of holes, we have nowhere to put increasing amounts of trash, and the planet simply can't support the human race anymore.)

Are you saying only spoiled children could enjoy the old Spyro? Tisk, tisk... Come to think of it, a lot of the younger LOS fans I talk to are downright bratty! (I mention brattyness because that's what comes from spoiling kids. I have no idea if these paticular ppl are spoiled).

One more thing about the music: Insomniac couldn't afford real musicians with real instruments to make the music. They did the best they could with thier funds, not to mention with what was avaliable in terms of technology. The music sounds like it was made with old second-rate synthesizers because those keyboards are second rate by today's standards. There's also no sense in mocking the PS1 for its sound card because they used the best device availiable to them, in terms of money and technological advancement.

When it comes to dealing in the present not past though, I see what you're saying.
---
#85 Posted: 01:38:08 21/09/2009
Yes, I am aware of those things going on, but it is getting better. There was a war in Iraq during the 90s too (as well as Kosovo). There was the Red Scare during the 80s, The Vietnam War for the 70s and 60s, and the Cold War started in the 50s. Every decade has it's war it seems (well almost every decade).

But say, in the 50s, there was racial discrimination, and now today we have a black president. Everyone hated hippies and the other counter culture in the 60s and 70s, but now nobody outside of the internet really sees much point in mocking them anymore. In the 80s and 90s, people mocked homosexuals, and now we don't really care what they do (except Californians obviously, but hey, California is full of stupid people, and it's where both Insomniac and Sierra studios [as well as other game studios] call home, and well, radical Republicans...).

And bratty LoS fans? What's next? Rabid Twilgiht fan girls? HSM freaks? Goths? Furries? I only used the term "spoiled rotten kids" to describe the usual attitude of a kid who wants something simply because "it looks cool" or "I want it!". I could apply this term to anyone, considering, outside of a few people, nobody actually fits the stereotype. Most of the LoS fantards that you guys talk about that I've actually met I can count on my hand, for most of the fans aren't all that obsessed as you may think (some people, you know, just wanna play the game).

As for the music, I still say there is no excuse considering that even in 1998, there were some pretty powerful synths and programs that could have been used outside of the PSX's dying hardware and MAC's standard garage band. My assumption is that they underestimated Copeland's abilities (considering he'd done full movie soundtracks before hand), whether because of his nature or else as the usual musical stereotype "all drummers are idiots" was being applied, who knows. Then again, the video game industry was never nice to composers, exceptions to maybe Koji Kondo, Kechii Suzuki, Jerry Martin, and Nobuo Uematsu, since music has always been thrown aside because it's not graphics or gameplay, despite the fact it's got some of the biggest impacts on the player. And I am not anti-synth, for there's proof here. I guess you never saw that snapshot of the PSR-E403 that I took sometime ago...

But I think I know what the real trouble is with this whole dang issue; Spyro just isn't made to last. Sure, you can say "It sold well! It means it did well!", but that doesn't mean it played well. Earthbound didn't sell well, but heck, it's not your typical JRPG either. It sticks to you, the music, storyline, the gameplay, and even it's moments in which you were killed by an exploding tree or when you have to fight the final boss with Paula praying. Playing that game is a whole different experience; something that Spyro couldn't do no matter what. And that's just Earthbound, I haven't gone into explaining the Mother Series. Or Metal Gear, Sim City, Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros., Pokemon, or even those "ancient" games like Pac Man, Asteroids, and Space Invaders.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#86 Posted: 20:32:17 21/09/2009
I know about that stuff in the first paragraph, but I think it's WAY off topic.
As for what you said a the end, give him time! Spyro hasn't even found a company who can hold on to him for a long while, much less do some real good with him. If/when he finds a company who does justice to what began the whole series but can make the game innovative and fresh he'll attract fans who never even heard of Spyro, maintain current fans, and regain the interest of fans lost when LOS was released.

And when it comes to games that "stick to you", do you realize just how many classics fans there are who adore the original trilogy and will still fight hard, even after all these years, to bring back what made Spyro great in the first place?
---
#87 Posted: 01:00:33 22/09/2009
Uh, what made Spyro great again?? I never even recall Spyro being great in the first place. Besides, we all know the real winner in the mascot circle... and he's more famous than Mickey Mouse...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#88 Posted: 20:19:58 22/09/2009
Who, you mean Mario?

I just found the classics to be fun to play, endlessly replayable (I'd rather play EtD than DotD), the music was upbeat, catchy, stick-in-your-head kind of stuff, Spyro's attitude and overall character inspired confidence; despite his small size and lack of special abilities he charged into battle without fear and prevailed, he was helpfull and everyone's friend. The kind of guy you could really look to for support. When I was young I though I wanted to be just like that. Most of all the games were just a bunch of wholesome, good old fasioned fun! The options to switch from a 3D platformer to a sort of shooter when you came across a turret and the chance to play as different characters with totally different abilities offered a bit of versitility to the games.

Playing as Cynder was really just more of the same. You have four breaths, melee and flight, same as you do with Spyro. You can go to all the same places as Spyro too.
Some of the LOS music was good, but mosit of it was only good to listen to in the game. I have the music from the classics on my MP3 player and I could listen to it at any given time.

But those are just my opinions.

What makes LOS so great?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:19 22/09/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#89 Posted: 20:34:01 22/09/2009
Oh you mean stuff that basically was already done in Metal Gear, Super Mario Bros, and Tomb Raider? Considering all the games I've played before hand, Spyro was basically old hat, and I couldn't do things like say, lock up a sleeping enemy in a crate or locker...

I think LOS was liked by people because of Sierra, who's been known to try to push the envelope with games. Ever played Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, or Police Quest? They're pretty good games. They've also done some well done music for over 20 years now, heck, they were making games before the Crash in the early 80s (and so was Activision).

I guess the real thing is that the reason why I can appreciate LoS more is because I just play more than Spyro games and I don't care if they have to make changes, as long as it stays a platformer and doesn't become, say a virtual pet shop, I'll be fine.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#90 Posted: 01:50:31 23/09/2009
I expect more from my life long favorite franchise.
---
#91 Posted: 04:26:27 23/09/2009
As my closing remark; dumbest mistake ever:

[User Posted Image]

Good thing I can enjoy other games too...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#92 Posted: 20:00:29 23/09/2009
Sim City Societies eh? What's that about?
---
#93 Posted: 20:05:26 23/09/2009
i dont know what that ones about? smilie the only sim city game i have played is sim city 3000
#94 Posted: 22:11:16 23/09/2009
It's the only game I've ever played that actually qualifies as "they changed it now it sucks", because it was actually not made by Maxis, not because Maxis went out of business or anything like that, which is what happened with some other franchises, just because EA executives (in charge of Maxis) decided it shouldn't be that way (made by Maxis). Also, the Sim City franchise is probably the major franchise of my childhood, in which the series seems to have no longer lasted on anymore, so I went on and moved on.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#95 Posted: 19:51:41 24/09/2009
"They changed it now it sucks."

That's exactly how a lot of Spyro fans feel about the classics and LOS. Now you know.
---
#96 Posted: 19:56:11 24/09/2009
i loved the classics, but eventually gt bored of them when i got older. I then turned to TLOS trilogy and seemed to like that a lot more. I think my gaming tastes are changing now, although i still do play the classics, just not that often.
#97 Posted: 19:58:28 24/09/2009
The only reason I would ever get bored with the classics is because there are no new classic Style games, it's just the three. That's one of the reasons why I fight for the originals so passionately.
---
#98 Posted: 20:04:27 24/09/2009
yeah i know what you mean. I liked TLOS trilogy for the gameplay, the story, the music which i loved and all that stuff. But whenever i got bored of something i'd go and play one of the originals, i loved all the challenges and they are great for boredom.
#99 Posted: 20:11:04 24/09/2009
Yep. The LOS music is cool but it's too serious and movie like. The old stuff was just cool tunes to chill to.

The battle was cool but too drawn out and arduous. The linear story of the first two games was terrible, I like to revisit places without having to play through the whole game. people call the story in depth and epic but it was so cleche and over used that I can't call it anything other that that.

For example:

You have a hero (the "chosen one") who doesn't know what he is or what he's meant to do.
Harry Potter was the boy who lived, had no idea he was a wizord or that he was meant to defeat Voldemort for a second time.

However, Harry Potter wasn't cleche bacause J.K. Rowling unlike Mike and Chris is a real writer and has actual talent. She invented a fantastic world none had seen before and filled it with unique and memorable characters. Characters ranging from the friendly giant Hagrid with a heart of gold and love of unusual beasts, to the clever and micheivious Weasly twins. You have Dumbledore the wise and loving headmaster, Draco Malfoy your typical spoiled brat and his grotesque muscle bound cronies Crabb and Goyle. Harry's best friends the smart and resourceful Hermionie Granger and funloving misfit Ron Weasely.

Mike and Chris on the other hand created a typical goody two shoes knight in shining armor who never has fun and never wants trouble. One would think that a serious buisness character like the reboot of Spyro would be strictly focused on the battle but no, he sees fit to go galavanting all over the place in search of runaway girls and lost villagers when he has bigger more important things to worry about. Then they put him in a sort of spinoff world from Lord of the Rings. In that stolen world Spyro meets a sarcastic and snarky dragonfly, a lonely hopeless elder just like any other aging mentor in fantasy land, a couple of bitter untrusting leaders who eventually come to like Spyro and of course his torchered, apprehensive, greatful yet sassy, sarcastic and *****y girlfriend whose life he saved.

See what I mean?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:34:19 24/09/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#100 Posted: 20:14:48 24/09/2009
yeah i know what you mean LOL. yeah i wasnt the greatest fan of the first two TLOS games, although ANB wasnt bad, DOTD was the best in TLOS trilogy in my opinion. Same here, i do like to revisit levels, also what i like the classics for, is you can swim. I really miss that. smilie smilie I'm dying to try and buy as most of the classics i can, i only have ETD which kind of sucked.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me