Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
NOES!!!!!! spyro!!! [CLOSED]
Doinu Green Sparx Gems: 261
#1 Posted: 21:57:02 20/09/2008 | Topic Creator
people are saying this movie is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!
---
O.o.O
Im keeping all three eyes on you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:23 21/09/2008 by Doinu
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#2 Posted: 22:22:52 20/09/2008
Quote: Doinu
people are saying this is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

It's not, they're switching back to the old series from what I'm hearing.
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#3 Posted: 23:51:11 20/09/2008
off topic, you should have put this on stuff and nonsence, but since your new its okay smilie
Shadow Angel Green Sparx Gems: 259
#4 Posted: 02:28:59 21/09/2008
Quote: Spyro2008
people are saying this is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. I LOVE the new spyro games better then that old trash.
---

I love Rex 4 ever....
#5 Posted: 02:54:56 21/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Firestar
off topic, you should have put this on stuff and nonsence, but since your new its okay smilie

omg i aint new lol
---
O.o.O
#6 Posted: 02:55:03 21/09/2008
Quote: Shadow Angel

switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. I LOVE the new spyro games better then that old trash.

Without the old series we wouldn't have TloS which really sucks.
#7 Posted: 03:38:01 21/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: shadow angel
Quote: spyro2008
Quote: doinu

it's not, they're switching back to the old series from what i'm hearing.

switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. i love the new spyro games better then that old trash.

old...TRASH!? wtf!!??
---
O.o.O
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#8 Posted: 10:36:31 21/09/2008
The old series was good but i kinda prefer TloS
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Crashdude55 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1090
#9 Posted: 10:39:19 21/09/2008
TloS rocks! smilie
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#10 Posted: 15:23:29 21/09/2008
WHY would they switch back to the old series!? They already sucked with Shadow Legacy! And I like his new style! But if the old series never came, Spyro never exsisted but Sierra could invent him and TA-DAH! TLoS lives! smilie

Seriously, I mean it. No more old series!
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
DDR_Maniac Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#11 Posted: 22:55:08 21/09/2008
Quote: Dragonhope
WHY would they switch back to the old series!? They already sucked with Shadow Legacy! And I like his new style! But if the old series never came, Spyro never exsisted but Sierra could invent him and TA-DAH! TLoS lives! smilie

Shadow Legacy was not one of the old series. The old series was the PS1 games: Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, and Year of the Dragon.

I can't see them going back to the originals, but I would love it if they did.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:56:19 21/09/2008 by DDR_Maniac
#12 Posted: 00:13:22 22/09/2008

Nope, you're wrong.
Shadow Angel Green Sparx Gems: 259
#13 Posted: 01:07:18 22/09/2008

Without the old series we wouldn't have TloS which really sucks.

true but I still prefer the new series
---

I love Rex 4 ever....
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#14 Posted: 01:53:58 22/09/2008
people are saying this movie is the last spyro thing ever!!!! noes!!!!!!!!!!! i want more spyro games and stuff...whaa!

Pffft, yeah right. People love Spyro, and if you look at it logically, why would they give up the chance for some serious $$$$$? They'll keep making Spyro for a long time, nothing to worry bout there
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#15 Posted: 04:31:57 22/09/2008
Quote: DDR_Maniac

Shadow Legacy was not one of the old series. The old series was the PS1 games: Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, and Year of the Dragon.

Well...yeah, I could like it but I just don't want them using that old old Spyro. He looked so crappy!

P.S. By old old I mean STD.
---
#16 Posted: 05:15:39 22/09/2008

Well...yeah, I could like it but I just don't want them using that old old Spyro. He looked so crappy!

No. Spyro was cute back then. Now he looks like someone bursted on him.
#17 Posted: 12:17:13 22/09/2008

If that's what you think...but you're being very rude about it.

I personally like this: [User Posted Image]

Better than this: [User Posted Image]
#18 Posted: 14:38:57 22/09/2008

Old Spyro.. One I grew up with. smilie
I remember being the first one at Blockbuster renting it. Played it for DAYS.
#19 Posted: 14:55:42 22/09/2008
*facepalm* I only said STD! The old Spyro looks great but I just liked teenage Spyro more better.
---
#20 Posted: 21:18:08 22/09/2008
Spyro the Dragon had almost the exact same design as 2 and 3. The only differences are in 2 and 3 he has more scales on his back and the wings are a bit different.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5869
#21 Posted: 15:50:16 23/09/2008

True. TLoS has much better graphics, and the stories are more exciting. Not to mention the improved musics.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#22 Posted: 00:47:56 24/09/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro

True. TLoS has much better graphics, and the stories are more exciting. Not to mention the improved musics.

The music is cliche.
#23 Posted: 01:12:42 24/09/2008

The music is cliche.

And the story is cliche.
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#24 Posted: 08:40:26 24/09/2008

[User Posted Image]

there new.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#25 Posted: 13:29:21 24/09/2008
In my opinion that picture is almost worse. D:
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#26 Posted: 17:33:01 24/09/2008
Yeh! that pic ROKZ!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Crashdude55 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1090
#27 Posted: 18:30:06 24/09/2008
I likez that pic! Spyro looks so great! smilie
#28 Posted: 20:09:48 24/09/2008
Oh shut up, that picture looks great, you're just blind, foolish man.

Wow....some people don't think the same way as you you know.
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#29 Posted: 04:34:41 25/09/2008
Quote: gary

[User Posted Image]

there new.

New Spyro looks cool.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#30 Posted: 00:48:22 30/09/2008
None of us have any idea if they're going to continue this series or go back to the old. When I think about it though, Insomniac was just going to make a trilogy, but then that other company picked it up and made a 4th. I think they'll somehow continue with TLoS somehow, but remember, none of us know.
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#31 Posted: 00:56:49 30/09/2008
Spyro the Dragon had almost the exact same design as 2 and 3. The only differences are in 2 and 3 he has more scales on his back and the wings are a bit different.
True. True.
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#32 Posted: 21:35:08 01/10/2008

Old trash? Lame? Dude, the old Spyro games are masterpieces.
Don't diss.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#33 Posted: 00:26:49 10/10/2008

me too! they can't switch back! theres no cynder in the old ones!
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#34 Posted: 11:11:49 21/10/2008
Quote: black dragon
Quote: gary

[User Posted Image]

there new.

New Spyro looks cool.

I like the first pic the best. His so cute in STD, GTG and YOTD! I like the first ones better. The only thing I don't like about it is that Cynder isn't in them.

That must of been a rumer or somthing. There is gonna be more Spyro games but they are swiching back to the old ones (YAY!!).
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#35 Posted: 19:56:06 23/10/2008
I'd like for them to switch back to the old series but I'm not sure how fans of TLoS that never had played the first three would react, they might not enjoy it and think "Where's Cynder?" and be really annoyed at major change of storyline but the rest of us probably will love it! If they take the right steps to make the old Spyro feel like new again.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#36 Posted: 02:41:50 24/10/2008
I've played both the older ones and newer ones, I like TLoS MUCH better. It makes me WANT to keep playing, unlike the old ones that make me switch games after 5 minutes
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#37 Posted: 11:34:24 31/10/2008
TLOS gets boring after a while. Its nothing but fighting ugly apes all the time. smilie The old ones has alot more exploring then just fighting.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#38 Posted: 20:02:22 04/11/2008
Oh, I'm so gonna get punched from this.

In a nutshell: I hate TLoS series. Why?

First of all, look at the story. I mean, seriously, WTF? They should have continued from where Shadow Legacy left off, not ruining Spyro by making a totally different series.
Second, graphics. Okay, they look nice, but WTF is with Spyro's horns and face? UGLY. Not to mention Hunter looks like a lynx and Sparx looks like a tiny human with wings and no feet. smilie
Third, new characters. Why not to use old dragon elders, or older characters? Only characters saved from the fate of dying were Spyro, Sparx and eventually Hunter. No Moneybags, Professor, Ripto, Bentley, Agent 9, Sheila, Sgt. Byrd...

There. You can hit me if you want to, but that's my opinion. You can't make me change it. I wouldn't mind the graphics or anything if they just had sticked with the old plot.
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#39 Posted: 01:33:39 06/11/2008
*takes out a bat and swings* UR CRAZY!!!smilie
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#40 Posted: 12:24:07 06/11/2008
This Movie is the First of a trilogy based on the LOS trilogy.

I wonder what they'll do for games?
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#41 Posted: 13:28:40 20/11/2008
Quote: shadow angel
Quote: spyro2008

it's not, they're switching back to the old series from what i'm hearing.

switching back? sorry but the old series are lame. i love the new spyro games better then that old trash.

old...TRASH!? wtf!!??

TTF!!!

Quote: Crashfan25
Oh, I'm so gonna get punched from this.

In a nutshell: I hate TLoS series. Why?

First of all, look at the story. I mean, seriously, WTF? They should have continued from where Shadow Legacy left off, not ruining Spyro by making a totally different series.
Second, graphics. Okay, they look nice, but WTF is with Spyro's horns and face? UGLY. Not to mention Hunter looks like a lynx and Sparx looks like a tiny human with wings and no feet. smilie
Third, new characters. Why not to use old dragon elders, or older characters? Only characters saved from the fate of dying were Spyro, Sparx and eventually Hunter. No Moneybags, Professor, Ripto, Bentley, Agent 9, Sheila, Sgt. Byrd...

There. You can hit me if you want to, but that's my opinion. You can't make me change it. I wouldn't mind the graphics or anything if they just had sticked with the old plot.

I bold only thing where I agree with you, they can import old characters to TLOS...
---
Keep smile
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#42 Posted: 21:39:02 19/02/2009
This topic is full of stupid...

First off, there's no superior differences in Spyro's design. Oh wow, he's more aerodynamic now, big whoop-de-doo who cares, not like they made him pink and have butterfly wings did they? As for Hunter, he at least has clothes now, so I don't have to worry about that "furry vibe" anymore.

Next, so what if they changed the story/gameplay. For me, it feels just like the Spyro I was playing back in the 90s; except now I'm not feeling like I'm wasting my time playing a game and earning pointless rewards that I can't show off without looking like a moron. Besides, if you really want to talk about crappy gameplay, play Sim City 4 Rush Hour and SC 3000 Unlimited for a long time, then jump to Sim City Societies, in which you'll be having tons of "WTF IS THIS ****"moments playing that crap called Societies.

Music is a bit of a problem though; I really wished they'd lay off the epicness orchestra and try to add some spice. Seriously, I hate the Brawl Main Theme with that horrible Latin choir. However, Mr. Copeland probably got fed up with the industry and just went on to bigger and better things. SERIOUSLY, JAZZ AND ROCK ARE NOT EVIL FOR VIDEO GAMES!!!

Now with returning the characters, I could see that working out properly even in the Sierra series. Heck, everyone just has to put some thought and imagination into it and I think they would pull it off just fine.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
American Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 644
#43 Posted: 22:55:51 19/02/2009
My dad said they might keep making them because it gives them money. So I think because he said that, that makes me feel that they're still making them
---
I will love my dad forever. R.I.P. Dad
#44 Posted: 06:47:24 22/02/2009
Well, because Spyro games are the only games where you are a dragon character, they'll be around (until somebody else comes up with a better one, tsk tsk...)
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
spyromaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2395
#45 Posted: 12:54:04 25/04/2009
killing the enemys in 1 hit sucks
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#46 Posted: 18:30:39 25/04/2009
I don't like the old series as much as I like the new. There seemed to be hardly any plot or emotions in them. In STD, the dragons get frozen, and Spyro just accsepts he has to save them SEACONDS after. That's just stupid. Wouldn't you wonder WHY they were frozen? If you were the ONLY dragon that wasn't frozen?
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#47 Posted: 19:49:18 25/04/2009
Quote: spyromaster
killing the enemys in 1 hit sucks

Agreed.

But what I think they mean by going back is re-releasing the games for the newer counsols.

I like TLoS. Otherwise I would've treated Spyro like a minor character.

Like Ed from Tonic Trouble.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#48 Posted: 06:30:12 04/05/2009
Spyro is still Spyro. He just got a makeover.

Sonic is still Sonic. He's just got more friends.

Starfox is still Starfox. It's just not as stupid now.

Pokemon is still Pokemon. They just found more Pokemon like we find more animals.

Why does everyone whine and scream "THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS!!" almost on everything these days?! Some of these things happen because the companies either went kaput or just gave away the rights to someone else (or just simply evolved).

I don't think I have to mention a game that actually does suck with it's recent installment; you guys probably got it in your heads now...

--|------------
-/|\-----------
[|||]---==---
[|||]---==---
[|||]---==---
[|||]---====
[|||]---====
[|||]---====
=========
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#49 Posted: 09:05:55 04/05/2009

ok so why is it the TLOS get bad rewivs i think the origonal has won again smilie
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#50 Posted: 12:13:55 04/05/2009

That's your opinion. Personally I find the new games are sloppy, totally unrelated to the real Spyro and the exact opposite of what made Spyro successful in the first place. The gameplay is boring, tedious combat all the way through. Graphics and music are gloomy and boring, the opposite of what Spyro used to be. Storyline is so generic it's awful.

They won't switch to the old series style since they managed to brainwash a load of gullible kids into thinking these games are awesome when theyre actually works of complete laziness with the Spyro license slapped onto it to attract more buyers....

Basically Spyro IS dead, they're just using his name and likeness for this new generic fantasy series so that more people will buy it because Spyro is a well-known character.

I'm not a hater so dont flame me like you usually do... I'm just telling it like it is. I don't like people dumping on the old series when it is undeniably better than Legend trilogy, but I do like A New Beginning on DS. The others, however, SUCK! The best thing about this series is Crash Bandicoot making secret cameos in ANB DS and TEN, but unfortunately Dawn of the Dragon was just awful.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:17 04/05/2009 by dingodile555
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me