darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#101 Posted: 14:19:58 24/10/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Bets on no resolution?

For the Wii port job that can't be patched? Better than even. And if it is fixed, you will probably have to fill out a form and return it to get a replacement disc, which means a only tiny percentage of the customers will know about it and do it.
jcmeyer5 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#102 Posted: 21:34:43 26/10/2013
Soooo..... nothing?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#103 Posted: 00:23:09 27/10/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: GhostRoaster
Bets on no resolution?

For the Wii port job that can't be patched? Better than even. And if it is fixed, you will probably have to fill out a form and return it to get a replacement disc, which means a only tiny percentage of the customers will know about it and do it.

Right, which means you'll have unhappy NON RETURNING customers for the next one. Oops.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#104 Posted: 02:28:36 27/10/2013
Wii games are not all definitely unpatchable. Look at Skyward Sword for example. There was a game-breaking bug in it, and Nintendo found a creative method of patching the game.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#105 Posted: 02:49:47 27/10/2013
I would like to suggest getting the Wii U and jettison the original Wii system in order to play the Wii version of SSF without any glitches or other issues.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#106 Posted: 03:16:20 27/10/2013
Quote: jcmeyer5
For the record, the only other games we had on it were SSA and Giants, but hey, I'll try anything. So I completely wiped the system memory (from the Wii settings menu) and started over. Still freezes. Well, maybe it is the wave 2 swappers that are causing it... nope, happens with anything I throw up there.

The system is not that old... maybe 14 months, so it was one of the later models. It has plenty of ventilation and is not overheating. It isnt after hours of use... it freezes up a minute or two into gameplay (still knocking around chompies as Flynn crashes the air ship). I went as far as to take it out in the garage and blow air through it thinking maybe it was dusty in there and that somehow was causing an issue. Nope.

Something is wrong with either the game it self, or the "system update" that is contained on the disc.
Mine did this before (had nothing to do with skylanders) so we tried a claening disc. It worked for a little but started freezing it again and then we couldn't play ANY games. So we just saved everything we could on a SD card and got a new Wii and everything worked. So if the cleaning disk doesn't work I think the Wii has played its last.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:47 27/10/2013 by mega spyro
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#107 Posted: 11:54:43 27/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm sure it has nothing to do with problems reading the disc on my system.
Other games run fine with Swap Force being the exception.

I did have problems with a scratched Giants disc once but after the disc was replaced I had no problems with Giants any more.
Since the Swap Force disc is brand new and had no scratches what so ever I do not believe it's a reading problem there.

Luckily for me the freezes are not as big a problem as for others in this thread.
Most of the time is works just fine, played for several days now without freezes, but this morning I experienced a freeze again. This time it was not during gameplay but after selecting a save from the main menu, it started loading and froze. The music kept playing.
BenandDaddy Green Sparx Gems: 418
#108 Posted: 12:04:45 27/10/2013
Our ps3 freezes too, plus it sometimes doesn't save our game. The amount if times we have had to replay the last level we did is crazy. However, does make the longevity of the game better. Silver linings and all that.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#109 Posted: 16:45:40 27/10/2013
maybe people that have this problem should lay seige to activison HQ
---
Dead
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#110 Posted: 01:47:23 28/10/2013
I've now had this once and it was when two skylanders were getting away from each other - but only happened once so far. Figure and game saved everything that happened up to that point, so not that bad as others seem to get.

ShaneG.
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#111 Posted: 12:25:00 28/10/2013
Freed up some space on my Wii (I think 1200 blocks total) and so far it's worked.
#112 Posted: 22:36:29 28/10/2013
ATVIAssist - do we have an update, or are us lowly Wii users S.O.L.?
Bouncepad Green Sparx Gems: 132
#113 Posted: 03:54:57 29/10/2013
I think Activision is just cutting its loses with the Wii version. I have been in contact with Activision via their support page, and the last reply I got was 5 days ago. It looks like those of us who bought the broken Wii version are being left out to dry. So much for collecting the figures.....
#114 Posted: 16:12:47 29/10/2013
If that's the case, then there are other means of finding satisfaction.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#115 Posted: 00:46:41 31/10/2013
Well, I guess the Wii U and 3DS versions are the only suitable options for owners of Nintendo consoles.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#116 Posted: 01:57:47 31/10/2013
Quote: Bouncepad
I think Activision is just cutting its loses with the Wii version. I have been in contact with Activision via their support page, and the last reply I got was 5 days ago. It looks like those of us who bought the broken Wii version are being left out to dry. So much for collecting the figures.....

I can't really give my money to Activision anymore considering this. I'll stop this cold without an honest resolution. Not that they give a flip.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#117 Posted: 03:13:20 31/10/2013
As with others Wii SSF Dark Edition crashes frequently. Also in two player mode, Player 1 freezes and you cannot control your figure/character. The other player can still move around.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#118 Posted: 10:10:50 31/10/2013
My wii version has froze several times, leaving an angry little brother who has to turn it off and back on again. He really isn't liking how he has to restart the level again.

Shame too since the graphics on wii look like early PS2 graphics. The characters look all wooden when talking to you as well.

SSA and SG haven't froze before I don't think.
#119 Posted: 16:53:18 31/10/2013
So, in the last fews days activision has closed their support phone line, and are directing everyone just to use the support website. Something tells me they were getting overwhelmed with calls....

That being said, I got an email from Activision stating "an updated has been pushed" to address the issues. Does anyone know what that means? Is that a download of some type? Help?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#120 Posted: 00:18:08 01/11/2013
Well it's obvious that more time was spent on the HD PS3 and Xbox versions than the wii's...
#121 Posted: 02:05:10 01/11/2013
So, I just got a "clarification" email from Activision about how they "pushed an update". They responded with "we implimented a small hotfix". Here's the conversation:

http://community.activision.com/thread/200785707

If they fixed the Wii version, that is awesome. But, could someone help me out and let me know how they somehow "fixed" my game if they don't have access to my Wii or my game? Maybe someone out there is smarter than me....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:29 01/11/2013 by Bouncepad
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#122 Posted: 03:20:41 01/11/2013
Quote: Bouncepad
So, I just got a "clarification" email from Activision about how they "pushed an update". They responded with "we implimented a small hotfix". Here's the conversation:

http://community.activision.com/thread/200785707

If they fixed the Wii version, that is awesome. But, could someone help me out and let me know how they somehow "fixed" my game if they don't have access to my Wii or my game? Maybe someone out there is smarter than me....

Only thing I can think of is, does the Wii version have the daily stat boost thing? Where you talk to the sign and get a stat/exp/gold boost for the day? That is an online part of the game (well it is in the other versions) and maybe connecting online to check what the bonus is (it does this even if you don't tell it to) was what was freezing the game? If that was the case then a small hot fix on there sever could fix the game. If the Wii does not have that, then this could only be BS by Activision to save face.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:21:30 01/11/2013 by darkrai848
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#123 Posted: 05:38:54 01/11/2013
If they told everyone to disconnect from the internet, wouldn't you have to reconnect for this hotfix to work? I mean, I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I can't see how else that works. Try reconnecting to the internet and see how it goes. Talking to the sign sounds like is good idea, if nothing else you can be sure you're connection is working.
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#124 Posted: 17:02:00 01/11/2013
Hello All,

Wanted to update you guys regarding this. As Bouncepad stated, this matter should have been resolved with a recent hotfix. Please try playing again and let me know if you guys still continue to encounter these freezes.

Thanks,
^JG
ATVI Support
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
#125 Posted: 17:20:41 01/11/2013
How exactly does this hotfix get applied? Is this a server side fix, or something that is applied to the Wii? I know it isn't applied to the disc....
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#126 Posted: 17:20:45 01/11/2013
mine froze too but only on the first levels

im just sad that VV spent all their money on the x-box 360/One,wii U and ps3/4 and the wii and 3ds got stuck with rubbish beenox graphics
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#127 Posted: 17:25:05 01/11/2013
Here is a few things what maybe causing the crashes

1. If your wii is hacked then no wonder its freezing, due to hacking it lots of hard crashes may occur over and over

2.If the wii was brought in 2006-2008 then its a old edition, after 2008 nintendo made new versions due to these wii were easily hacked in 10 minutes and froze alot

3. your wii hasnt been updated in some time or maybe not connected to the internet i had this problem with sonic colours then i updated my wii and it stopped freezing sometimes it just cant handle the new software

hope this helped!
#128 Posted: 17:45:54 01/11/2013
How exactly does this hotfix get applied? Is this a server side fix, or something that is applied to the Wii? I know it isn't applied to the disc....

Probably server side in that the Wii is waiting for a response that never arrives, especially since the work-around was to disconnect the Internet.

Quote: boomerfan
im just sad that VV spent all their money on the x-box 360/One,wii U and ps3/4 and the wii and 3ds got stuck with rubbish beenox graphics

It isn't due to Beenox (for the most part), the Wii is significantly underpowered compared to the other consoles, and they chose to move their primary platform up a step so they wouldn't be so far out of step with the next generation games. WiiU, XBox and Ps3 owners have had to deal with downgraded graphics for two games so far due to the need to "dumb it down" to the lowest common denominator.
#129 Posted: 18:15:28 01/11/2013
Giants graphics were good... not sure what qualified them as downgraded.

It comes back to, if they couldn't build a quality product on the Wii platform, they shouldn't have tried. Aside from the crashing, there are numerous other issues with the game that I have noticed. Wii U doesn't have those issues.
#130 Posted: 18:39:03 01/11/2013
Giants graphics were good... not sure what qualified them as downgraded.

It comes back to, if they couldn't build a quality product on the Wii platform, they shouldn't have tried. Aside from the crashing, there are numerous other issues with the game that I have noticed. Wii U doesn't have those issues.

You miss my point.

They do not redesign the graphics for every platform, they have neither the time or money to do that. The art department focuses on the lead platform and makes minor adjustments for the ports. The graphics in Giants were customized and designed for that platform. The WiiU is completely capable of anything the 360 or PS3 can do, therefore no downgrading necessary. In fact, had they the time and budget, they could have done even more on the WiiU given it is more powerful than either. The PS4/XBone look so good because of the increase in resolution to 1080p, mainly.

They did deliver a decent product for the Wii, with some issues. The alternative as you put it would be none at all, and the whining would have been exponentially worse. Unlike you, there are many people that would prefer a downgraded version to none at all - given they may not have the option or desire to have another platform.

I think it was a good choice to move forward with Swap Force and leave the Wii anchor behind. Otherwise we would be playing a game optimized for a console that was underpowered in 2006, in 2013. The Wii has been discontinued and production halted now, they had to take the step eventually lest the franchise would die. Who is going to want to play a Wii quality game on their new PS4? The Wii had a good run, I really liked mine. But, it has always dealt with downgraded ports.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#131 Posted: 04:55:19 02/11/2013
not nessarily wii related but i was playing tonight with my son and we glitched the rocket mini game, i was stuck as if still doing it and he could walk around the rest of the level fighting stuff without me, was sort of annoying thou i am greatful for checkpoints.
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#132 Posted: 11:03:56 02/11/2013
Whenever I play LEGO POTC on my Wii and stay at the Port for a while, then my wii freezes and makes a "VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound, and I turn it off, but the green light is still on, so I turn it off totally, restart, and play a different game, but when I played Giants recently, I replayed Molekin Mt, and I was Jet Vac, my friend was Thumpback, and the screen froze and did the noise, because we just defeated Pipsqueak and Jet Vac gained about 1000000 gold, but when I played him in SF, he didn't have that money. What The Freakidoodle?
---
I'll be on every now and then.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:52 02/11/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#133 Posted: 15:08:44 02/11/2013
Lego PotC is glitched due to the developers having focused on Lego Star Wars 3 more at the time. As for Swap Force freezing, it has only done it once for me now and I play for an hour or two at a time with some lengthy pauses during that time. I did dump enough blocks to get to 1800+ as was suggested by others.

ShaneG.
#134 Posted: 00:42:59 10/11/2013
Still crashing in PVP arena challenges 2 player.

Wii not connected to internet, so not related to that problem.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#135 Posted: 01:07:06 10/11/2013
Only thing I can say to the folks in this thread that are complaining or venting about the Wii .... sell that clunker while you can still get some value from it; time is against you.

With the next generation (PS4 and XBoxOne) consoles coming out soon, now is a GREAT time to keep your eyes peeled for a steal on a used or refurbished PS3 or XBox360. Unlike the Wii, those consoles will be viable for another 2-ish years.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#136 Posted: 01:24:54 10/11/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Only thing I can say to the folks in this thread that are complaining or venting about the Wii .... sell that clunker while you can still get some value from it; time is against you.

With the next generation (PS4 and XBoxOne) consoles coming out soon, now is a GREAT time to keep your eyes peeled for a steal on a used or refurbished PS3 or XBox360. Unlike the Wii, those consoles will be viable for another 2-ish years.

So, if there's a software defect in my Microsoft Sync on a Ford, do I sell my car? I get it's an old system, but place blame on the program, not the system.
---
#137 Posted: 02:37:42 10/11/2013
That analogy is a bit off the mark, wouldn't you say, GhostRoaster?
I agree that Activision could have insisted on a better port for SwapForce to the Wii, but I also understand why they wouldn't have placed an emphasis on it.
I think the advice to sell off one's Wii is sound advice at this point. Its value will plummet at some point during the next few months, most likely. And it's a great time to be in the market for a used/refurbished PS3 or Xbox360.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Drobotdude Blue Sparx Gems: 622
#138 Posted: 04:02:29 10/11/2013
HEY!! All your consoles are overheating. Just put a dreamgear fan on the back (it's usb) or put it in a cooling stand. My game crashed ONCE! And that was without the cooling accessory. Once I put it on after the crash, it never crashed again. Take my word for it.
---
Blink and Destroy!
Trap Shift Green Sparx Gems: 402
#139 Posted: 04:32:17 10/11/2013
I had only been playing for about 2 hours when I had my first glitch. smilie
---
Credit of my avatar goes to Ace Archdragon. Thanks Ace!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#140 Posted: 14:50:19 10/11/2013
I've played the game quit a lot and I haven't run into a single problem.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#141 Posted: 14:51:54 10/11/2013
I managed to complete the game without any freeze, but numerous glitches occured throughout the game.

Excluding actual gameplay glitches, my characters don't work well on it. Various Skylanders went down in levels or randomly lost their upgrades, and my Legendary Spyro somewhere along the line lost his Gold top hat shortly after playing smilie
Oh, and nicknames. It recognised one of my Skylander nicknames, and lost the rest.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#142 Posted: 17:15:10 10/11/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
That analogy is a bit off the mark, wouldn't you say, GhostRoaster?
I agree that Activision could have insisted on a better port for SwapForce to the Wii, but I also understand why they wouldn't have placed an emphasis on it.
I think the advice to sell off one's Wii is sound advice at this point. Its value will plummet at some point during the next few months, most likely. And it's a great time to be in the market for a used/refurbished PS3 or Xbox360.

We are then talking about two things.

I'm only talking about creating a quality product that should work. I'm holding Activision to that simple standard. Any dissuading or changing the topic from this to something else is not sincere imo. They should be responsible for MAJOR glitches that prevent simple playing.

I also agree this is a good time to upgrade, but don't do it because Activision did a poor job on ONE game. Do it because it makes sense as a whole.

I had to use an outrageous analogy to make my point a bit more obvious. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:16:59 10/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#143 Posted: 18:16:34 10/11/2013
ATVIAssist-Will you be making a Wii Skylanders 4? The graphics for Swap Force are ok, but they are worse than Giants so I kind of guessed it was a hint to move on.
---
I'll be on every now and then.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#144 Posted: 19:14:38 10/11/2013
Okay I got my Wii when Skylanders Spyro's Adventure came out, Its never frozen before and I have 8 games (9 When I get Swap Force). Will it be likely my Wii would freeze a lot when playing this game?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#145 Posted: 19:44:14 10/11/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames
Okay I got my Wii when Skylanders Spyro's Adventure came out, Its never frozen before and I have 8 games (9 When I get Swap Force). Will it be likely my Wii would freeze a lot when playing this game?

In looking at the Activision related community thread referenced above, it appears that they introduced a back-end server patch to address the freezing on the Wii game. I'm curious if ANYONE HERE with the Wii version can now related a more optimistic experience playing this within the last couple of weeks.

There's still lots of cross platform bugs (pretty significant too) in regards to characters being reset and losing portal master stars.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:44 10/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#146 Posted: 19:48:33 10/11/2013
Quote: Wrecking_Ball
I have played Swap Force not that long, about 10 hours, and encountered 3 freezes already. smilie
The game just totally freezes and doesn't react any more. The only thing I can do is shut down the Wii and start over.

The first time it happened I was not even playing but just adding my Skylanders to the game at Woodburrow.
The two times after that it did happen during gameplay.

I never had any freezes with SSA or Giants or any other games.

Anyone else having freezes with Swap Force on the Wii?

i have it on the wii
and it freezed ones during the game
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
#147 Posted: 19:53:11 10/11/2013
Quote: RadSpyro
I managed to complete the game without any freeze, but numerous glitches occured throughout the game.

Excluding actual gameplay glitches, my characters don't work well on it. Various Skylanders went down in levels or randomly lost their upgrades, and my Legendary Spyro somewhere along the line lost his Gold top hat shortly after playing smilie
Oh, and nicknames. It recognised one of my Skylander nicknames, and lost the rest.

I'm curious if anyone is experiencing this problem on current new Swap Force characters or only S1/S2 characters from the first two games?
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#148 Posted: 20:09:15 10/11/2013
Ive had scorp reset everything but his hat randomly im on the ps3 however
#149 Posted: 21:00:53 10/11/2013
These reports about characters being reset or scrambled randomly across multiple platforms are indeed troubling.
I never heard about anything like this happening with SSA or Giants.
One has to wonder if Vicarious Visions was really up to the task. Granted, the overall product is still very good, but it does appear that there are a number of flaws that could/should have been avoided.
Personally, I think that the introduction of "jump" into the Skylanders recipe was a mistake. Introducing that element undoubtedly consumed a very large chunk of development and testing resources that probably could have been better allocated to ensuring a more polished product. Just my 2 cents.
---
#150 Posted: 21:23:02 10/11/2013
Does anyone know about the Portal Master Rank and stars.

We were on over 35. Were now 21 and 50% completed. Will we be able to get 100% and full 80 rank?

We even had a problem with the 1st skylander L Bash S1, maxed out and not showing in achievements. The second now has the achievement.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me