darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly [CLOSED]
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#51 Posted: 03:43:27 20/10/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: darkrai848
Glad I sold my Wii to GameStop for $30 off my Dark Wii U version. But I really hope they fix this as this makes this franchise loose its credibility really fast, as the Wii version was the best selling of all of the versions for at least the first 2 games.

So far, Wii and Wii versions look like a bust. There's a ton of corrupted save file and losing star problems...I did hear someone with a problem on PS3 so it may simply be that we are hearing back from the most common platforms here.

I will say if I have issues like this and they don't fix it I'll be done with this franchise.

Infinity had problems on PS3 but to my knowledge they at least fixed them...that was very cocky for them to announce "no patches" during an interivew and see these kinds of problems...we should all be rejoicing right now.

This is why I'm backing but my save every day now... I so should not have to... With all of the problems (iOS portal reset/"braking" figures (this has now been fixed), Wii freezing like crazy, Wii U save corrupting like mad, platinum treasure chest not registering (any version of game), Lightcores not working in lost islands, problems with "ownership of skylanders", and I think I'm forgetting some too. I don't know what I'm going to do...
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:05 20/10/2013 by darkrai848
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#52 Posted: 03:51:42 20/10/2013
Quote: newkill

Maybe something went wrong when they burned the disks? Cause if a game would freeze so much, they would have seen it when testing the game and they would have fixed it.

ASS-U-ME

I don't know what you mean by this reply, you are always so mad when it comes to bugs, do you know how many times a game is 100% completed (completing every level/challenge and collecting everything) before it is released?

I'm saying you are assuming they performed adequate testing. It appears they did not. I'm not sure what you're saying, but what I'm a little peeved about is that a company can release a software product for which there will be bugs and announce there will be no patches. This kinda goes a bit beyond not being able to complete a heroic challenge for a particular figure...this is equivalent to Windows BSOD.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#53 Posted: 03:55:22 20/10/2013

ASS-U-ME

I don't know what you mean by this reply, you are always so mad when it comes to bugs, do you know how many times a game is 100% completed (completing every level/challenge and collecting everything) before it is released?

I'm saying you are assuming they performed adequate testing. It appears they did not. I'm not sure what you're saying, but what I'm a little peeved about is that a company can release a software product for which there will be bugs and announce there will be no patches. This kinda goes a bit beyond not being able to complete a heroic challenge for a particular figure...this is equivalent to Windows BSOD.

Well I would not say NO patches (as the Wii U version of Skylanders: Swap Force had a "Day one patch" but that's not saying much as the Wii U version of Skylanders: Giants had a "Day one patch" too.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#54 Posted: 08:17:44 20/10/2013
SWAP Force just froze on my XBox 360. I was in Chapter 15 and placing Super Gulp Pop Fizz on the Portal when it froze.

It overheated, but I played for much longer a few days ago and didn't have that problem... Only played for about 3 hours today, and I took a half hour break after the first hour.

I can't really say I'm surprised that it froze as my consoles seem to get really steamed about running Skylanders, but why did it freeze after two hours this time and not within the twelve hours straight I played it the other day, even after a whole day I didn't play Skylanders at all?

I haven't moved my console or anything, heck, the only thing I did with it afterwards was play ANB on it for about an hour yesterday. There is nothing downloaded to my XBox besides a few patches for Kameo: Elements of Power, though there is a memory card (only for some Spyro game saves) inserted.

Also, the 360 is supposed to warn you and automatically turn off when it overheats. Mine didn't. I had to manually unplug it.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:25:53 20/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
Sparuko Green Sparx Gems: 171
#55 Posted: 14:59:44 20/10/2013
Word about this issue is getting around....

http://community.activision.co...31#.UmPvPvtzbIU

Activision will have to do something....
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#56 Posted: 15:00:34 20/10/2013
it happend to me once..........
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 15:08:33 20/10/2013
I am on PS3 and mine only froze once...
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#58 Posted: 15:17:39 20/10/2013
I actually had the same problem, too, while I used to play Giants. But ever since I bought the Wii U, brand new, I have no issue playing the Wii U version. That's why I sold my old Wii console.
#59 Posted: 15:31:13 20/10/2013
People are posting like crazy on the Facebook Activision Support page. Apparently they are aware of the issue and "are working to resolve it". Lots of pissed off people out there...
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#60 Posted: 17:38:24 20/10/2013
This topic convinces me to get the 360 version.
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#61 Posted: 17:40:55 20/10/2013
I have to say that my ps3 game froze it once too. I got momentarily scared because I thought the Wii stuff would start happening to me but I restarted and everything was fine again, so yeah.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#62 Posted: 17:47:39 20/10/2013
All you have to do to clear the game from freezing on the wii is go into your wii options menu and delete a bunch of save file for games you don't play anymore. Once you have about 200 blocks left, or will tell you to do a wii system update. Do it and the game will work. I did it myself and it worked.
---
Hi
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#63 Posted: 18:49:20 20/10/2013
Am i the only one without the freeze glitch...? :/ on the wii
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bouncepad Green Sparx Gems: 132
#64 Posted: 19:07:50 20/10/2013
The Wii version is a mess. It freezes constantly. Some of the fixes I have read (delete other saved games, etc.) don't work. I have tons of free space on both Wiis and both freeze with this game constantly. On top of that, when it freezes it has a tendency to erase the stats of the Skylander that is on the portal while it freezes (my level 20 Flameslinger was fully erased.... heroic challenges in all. Although he still kept his hat... figure that one out). It also has this fun habit of just cutting your portal master ranking in half (when this happens, the game starts freezing like mad right after). I called Nintendo this morning and the service rep stated they were getting tons of calls about the Wii game and were referring people to call Activision directly. Activision needs to fix this problem ASAP.
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#65 Posted: 19:08:47 20/10/2013
Quote: Trigger Fizz
Can't say this is surprising.

The bugs? No. The lack of addressing them? Well, not really based on past. Will this impact their earnings? You betcha. They rushed this. They treated their main platform as a second rate citizen...I'm guessing there will be lots of returns if they don't 1. notify others that they admit a problem and 2. get off their *ss and fix it.

This beyond a bug---this is in effect selling a defective product because there's no workaround. And any workaround that says delete the save file and start over should have the owner put everything in a box and take it back to the store for a refund. Maybe some ambulance chase lawyers wants to start a class action with all Wii owners of the package?

Putting this game on the Wii is a mistake as it is. It can barley handle the game.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#66 Posted: 21:38:24 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Reading all the above posts I'm feeling lucky I only have had 3 freezes thus far.
Played for a couple of hours today and luckily no crashes.

My three freezes were not as some described here with sound getting stuck, with my freezes the sound just abruptly stopped together with the video. On one occasion the controller kept vibrating but that probably was due to timing, it was vibrating when the crash occurred and thus did not get a stop vibrating command or something.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#67 Posted: 21:50:40 20/10/2013
Froze again today, but due to a glitch this time.

When you fail a Bonus Mission, you can still move around after the "You Fail" screen comes up. I failed the "Save the Turtle Eggs" mission (Dangit Chop Chop!), and just as the screen came up, I dropped the final eggs off with the Turtle Queen. The game just gave me a completely black screen.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#68 Posted: 22:08:06 20/10/2013
Been playing for a week and it just locked up the first time today. It was when entering the magic elemental zone in Boney Islands. I'm afraid to go back in there but will try it eventually.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sinrakin Red Sparx Gems: 11
#69 Posted: 22:37:02 20/10/2013
Glad to see we're not the only ones with this problem. My son's about 25% through the game, and up until now it's randomly frozen three times, which was annoying but not fatal. Now however, it seems to hang within 20 seconds of starting the game every time he tries to play, no matter what he does. It's incredibly frustrating, to the point where he's just given up, which is too bad since he saved up for a long time to buy it.

It's always a really hard hang, sometimes with a high pitched whine, sometimes not (probably depends on what sound it was playing when it hung). Even hitting the "reset" button on the WII doesn't fix it; you have to literally unplug the Wii to reset it. I really hope they come out for a fix for this soon - the first two games were pretty high quality but this is terrible.

Actually, I'm seriously considering just returning it - has anyone done that? Do they give you a hard time?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:23 20/10/2013 by sinrakin
#70 Posted: 22:53:50 20/10/2013
They made it for the Wii because that version has the most sales.

Like it or not, there are many Wiis in this world, and games for them sell like hotcakes because casual players are most likely to have that system since it's so cheap. I mean, you can usually find them for about $100- which is less than the price of some games launched at here!

I can't believe this port is so bad. I know the Wii isn't that powerful, but a lot of the issues sound really frustrating. Call and complain to Activision so that they might compensate STAT and hopefully decide to rethink their stand on patching the games.
Giants had the L-Chop Chop glitch and SA had the Weapons Master/Lightning Rod Heroic glitches, but at least the former wasn't game-breaking and just really annoying and you could sidestep the latter two in some way. They should have patched those too. I understand them not patching characters into old games if that's considered "unfair" for non-patchable or offline systems, but not fixing issues like these for such major titles is just lazy and unless people make it clear that they're very unhappy they aren't going to make an exception now.

You know, I just get the feeling even if they make a "fixed" version of this port or something that it will only be offered to America because the most copies sell there. Not knocking any Americans... But the UK and Aus have been missing out on a lot you guys get, I mean we don't even have the Wii U Darkstarter and we need to wait much longer for Wave 2 just like in Giants, and I'd be surprised if they offer a disc-send-in thing to make any improvement to it in any country... And I can't imagine the same uproar grating their ears internationally.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#71 Posted: 23:48:47 20/10/2013
Wow so many errors, i havent had the time to play yet, 2nd job has been needing ppl so been taking lots of hrs. Hopefully they will address these issues, i wonder if they rushed to finish this game for the deadline.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#72 Posted: 00:59:09 21/10/2013
I cleared up some game saves and Wii internet to get something like 1800 blocks free, so far have not had the game freeze, and that's with some lengthy pauses over the 3-4 hours played.

ShaneG.
#73 Posted: 01:41:16 21/10/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
Wow so many errors, i havent had the time to play yet, 2nd job has been needing ppl so been taking lots of hrs. Hopefully they will address these issues, i wonder if they rushed to finish this game for the deadline.

It seems all platforms have a freeze glitch but the wii version really suffers. There's enough blame to go to all developers including the publishing company. They may as we'll hang up the franchise if they don't announce something soon.

At least Disney is owning their problem. I'm getting irritated by the lack of any real response. I hope they know smart consumers are reading this and changing plans.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:46:17 21/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
jcmeyer5 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#74 Posted: 02:52:39 21/10/2013
Well, most of the freezes didn't start until the weekend, so I can forgive them not having it fixed yet. They have acknowledged the issue and are looking into it.

I have found non-fatal issues all over the place. Night Shift doesn't increase his max HP when he levels up. One of the levels... Motleyville I think... has moving platforms that disappear. The first teleport swap challenge is broken. Camera position doesn't shift appropriately in some of the "caves." Some of the cut scenes end abruptly, which is either a bug or really bad editing. Loading times are horrible. Platinum chest issue. Character loading sometimes stalls if you switch too quickly. Adding characters to game doesn't register them for the accolades... I have both bouncers. I have played both. Only one shows up.

The Wii can handle the game. What it cannot handle is the poor programming. Should have stayed with TFB. VV gets two gnarled thumbs down.
#75 Posted: 11:58:58 21/10/2013
Jcmeyer Beenox made the Wii version but i dont have these problems
---
#76 Posted: 13:33:08 21/10/2013
Well there must be something unique about your setup. Did you solder more nand to the board? smilie

Not really caring who did what TBH. Just want to get the product I paid for.
#77 Posted: 15:56:21 21/10/2013
Has anyone been in touch with Activision? Waited on hold for 45minutes and gave up...
#78 Posted: 17:27:49 21/10/2013
Have not tried. Given your hold time, I am not sure that I will until I get home.

EDIT: They do not open until 11am Pacific time, which is in about a half hour. No wonder you didn't get anyone to answer smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:36 21/10/2013 by jcmeyer5
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#79 Posted: 17:32:06 21/10/2013
Maybe they'll release an updated game disk, and allow a free trade-in for all who bought the wii disk.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
emgeast Red Sparx Gems: 23
#80 Posted: 20:18:04 21/10/2013
I have Swap Force for Wii and contacted Activision this morning through their phone support (310-255-3050) at 11am Pacific Time (only waited about 5 minutes). They indicated they are aware of the freezing issues and are currently collecting data about when the freezing occurs so they can forward it along to the developer. The gentleman I called suggested that anyone with issues call their support line to get a case number. He also recommended that I disconnect my Wii from my home network and see if the game still freezes (I've already tried freeing up space, new save games, etc.). I'm supposed to update my case after I try, so again, it looks like they are currently troubleshooting the problem. I haven't tried that yet, and have no idea if (or why) that would work. I'm new to this and know enough to be dangerous, so if there are other places this information should be posted, please feel free to do so, or let me know. I'm not sure when I'll be able to try the home network fix, but will post if that appears to work.
rich074 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#81 Posted: 21:05:32 21/10/2013
I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#82 Posted: 21:28:46 21/10/2013
Hey guys, Activision Assist here.

We wanted to pop in and let everyone know that this is definitely something that's being looked into.

We do know that for some players, temporarily disconnecting your system from the internet might help, so please go ahead and try that if you haven't already. If that doesn't work for you, please feel free to shoot us a PM, or reply here, and we'll be happy to help out!

^LM
ATVI Assist
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
#83 Posted: 21:41:00 21/10/2013
Tried that...still doesn't work.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#84 Posted: 22:37:24 21/10/2013
I still plan on getting the Wii version on wednesday since it's all I can play on, and I'm going to try a few experiments and see how they work.

Test#1: I have a Wii Mini, and since that has NO internet features, we'll see how well that "Don't connect to the internet" thing works.
Test#2: I'm going to erase my save data for Spyro's Adventure and Giants. There's a chance that those save files might somehow be messing around with the Swap Force Save File.
Test#3: I'm going to play on my SD TV. Who knows, maybe playing on a flat screen screws something up. Unlikely, but worth trying.

There may also be something in certain figures messing things up. Maybe the game doesn't like green base figures or the rare variants? Again, not sure how it would mess things up, I'm just throwing some ideas out there.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
rich074 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#85 Posted: 00:02:55 22/10/2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-_kN38dI8E

The temp fix straight from Activision
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#86 Posted: 00:15:37 22/10/2013
Holy Triple Post Batman!
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
#87 Posted: 00:49:26 22/10/2013
PERFECT!
My Wii (being bought on the street in China) can't use Wi-Fi anyway.
Can anyone confirm that this works well?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#88 Posted: 01:04:19 22/10/2013
Just like to point out that if your Wii U freezes like this sometimes, too, it can also be because of internet wifi, etc. I had to change my Miiverse to being "English Only" because it caused some games to freeze sometimes when it was set to anything else. So weird. Didn't have to turn off wi-fi internet though.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#89 Posted: 02:48:33 22/10/2013
Quote: rich074
Look here Everyone I have your Temp Fix Talked with Activision. It will get you at least playing watch my youtube video.

Everyone it's a problem with game uploading from internet. Disable your internet to play. It's a temp fix until Activision programmers fix the problem. Straight from Activision Folks.

I think we got the message already, richy...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#90 Posted: 02:49:06 22/10/2013
Everyone it's a problem with game uploading from internet. Disable your internet to play. It's a temp fix until Activision programmers fix the problem. Straight from Activision Folks.

If it's straight from Activision then ATVIAssist will have no problem posting an actual link to a support article from their website. Btw, I consider this a VERY short term solution.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#91 Posted: 04:07:08 22/10/2013

Straight from Activision, but repeatedly on your YouTube channel? Also, Activision programmers aren't going to fix the Wii version. They can't. The Wii is just straight up not powerful enough to run Swap Force right. Just as with all of the other Skylanders games, the Wii can't take patches. The only way to fix a disc-based game on the Wii after launch is to release a new version of the disc, something that Activision isn't going to do. There were tons of bugs for other systems for both SSA and Giants that weren't patched because Activision didn't want to offer something to one console that they weren't going to offer to all. Thankfully, with the Wii U having launched, they seem to have abandoned that thinking (insofar as the PS3/360/Wii U versions are concerned, anyway). However, the Wii cannot and will not receive any patched content or actual, programmed fixes for Swap Force. Sorry to be the harbinger.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#92 Posted: 05:13:53 22/10/2013
Hi there,

We understand the frustration and truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please rest assured the team is working diligently to resolve the matter. Although it's not a permanent fix, please try disconnecting the system from your internet connection then try the game again keeping the system offline. This may help with the freezing you are experiencing.

Additionally, please make sure the cable is not bundled up or obstructed in any way as this may cause an issue as well.

We appreciate your patience while the matter is under review and hope to have an update on the status for you soon.

Kind regards,

^AH
ATVIAssist
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
#93 Posted: 09:31:41 22/10/2013
ATVIAssist, will a patched version of the disc be made available in PAL counties?
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#94 Posted: 10:22:24 22/10/2013
This is terrible! I was so pumped for the Wii Dark Edition I wanted for my birthday, but now I'm starting to think it's not the most sensible idea... smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#95 Posted: 15:02:49 22/10/2013
ACTVIAssist, if a permanent solution is found, how would it be distributed? An updated game disk?
---
#96 Posted: 16:34:50 22/10/2013
I play with 50 hz on my tv sooo maybe its just because im playing with 50 hz?
---
#97 Posted: 17:51:37 22/10/2013
Finally got mine to work-had a wireless connection but I set the Wii to seek out a wired connection (where there isn't one) and made sure the portal was as comfortably 'elongated" as possible so it wasn't coiling anywhere around itself. Keeping the figures far away from both the portal and the Wii (I do that anyways but I put them even farther away-5ft) and so far so good after a couple of hours. Passed the point where it was freezing too.

A temporary fix for sure but at least it's something until Activison comes up with a solution.

Good grief....I think next time there's a new Skylanders game out I'll wait a month before I buy.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#98 Posted: 23:32:40 23/10/2013
I'm really interested in getting the Wii Dark Edition for my birthday, but there's one thing I need to know: does disconnecting the Wii from the Internet definitely fix the freezing problem?
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#99 Posted: 00:20:52 24/10/2013
Quote: ATVIAssist
Hi there,

We understand the frustration and truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please rest assured the team is working diligently to resolve the matter. Although it's not a permanent fix, please try disconnecting the system from your internet connection then try the game again keeping the system offline. This may help with the freezing you are experiencing.

Additionally, please make sure the cable is not bundled up or obstructed in any way as this may cause an issue as well.

We appreciate your patience while the matter is under review and hope to have an update on the status for you soon.

Kind regards,

^AH
ATVIAssist

Bets on no resolution?
---
#100 Posted: 13:46:20 24/10/2013
ATVIAssist - So... Where is this issue? We (son and I) have avoided playing the game because we are sick and tired of playing the first 7 levels over and over. You can't sell something that doesn't work and just take your sweet time because we are unable to return it.
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me