darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Wii freezes up regularly [CLOSED]
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#1 Posted: 16:09:02 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I have played Swap Force not that long, about 10 hours, and encountered 3 freezes already. smilie
The game just totally freezes and doesn't react any more. The only thing I can do is shut down the Wii and start over.

The first time it happened I was not even playing but just adding my Skylanders to the game at Woodburrow.
The two times after that it did happen during gameplay.

I never had any freezes with SSA or Giants or any other games.

Anyone else having freezes with Swap Force on the Wii?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 16:39:41 19/10/2013
How old is your Wii? I have one from 2006 and Giants caused it to hard-crash three times while playing it this year. It turns out that it was causing my console to overheat (felt warm when I went to see how it was afterwards) so I placed it in a fan stand.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#3 Posted: 17:49:47 19/10/2013
It crashed too!!! 3 times in 10 min!!! smilie I have the (Giant) bundle wii... HELP PLZ!?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#4 Posted: 17:51:33 19/10/2013
Mine does too! I've had for an hour and it froze 4 times.
---
Hi
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#5 Posted: 17:59:50 19/10/2013
My wii version never froze and i played yesterday and today the whole day
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
jcmeyer5 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#6 Posted: 18:06:00 19/10/2013
Same here. We made it through Motleyville, but now we cant play at all. Tried using an empty save slot, and it still freezes up.

Beyond pissed right now. I've already spent way more than is rational on this game, and now it plain doesnt work. Giants still works fine. This game... steaming piles of chompy excrement.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#7 Posted: 18:13:24 19/10/2013
Could it be the system and not the game, jcmeyer?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 18:17:04 19/10/2013
It's probably the system. Do you guys have lots of other games / downloaded content on it? Data overload can cause the Wii to screw up.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:28 19/10/2013 by Matteomax
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#9 Posted: 18:55:59 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I hardly have any downloaded content on my Wii.
The Wii did give me a message a system updated was required when I put in the Swap Force disc, so it could be this update is the cause. I have not tried another game since.

As for overheating, other games run well and the first time the freeze occurred I was just adding Skylanders, putting them on and off the portal. Displaying a static image with only a portal animation should be one of the least strenuous things the Wii can do.
#10 Posted: 19:01:19 19/10/2013
For the record, the only other games we had on it were SSA and Giants, but hey, I'll try anything. So I completely wiped the system memory (from the Wii settings menu) and started over. Still freezes. Well, maybe it is the wave 2 swappers that are causing it... nope, happens with anything I throw up there.

The system is not that old... maybe 14 months, so it was one of the later models. It has plenty of ventilation and is not overheating. It isnt after hours of use... it freezes up a minute or two into gameplay (still knocking around chompies as Flynn crashes the air ship). I went as far as to take it out in the garage and blow air through it thinking maybe it was dusty in there and that somehow was causing an issue. Nope.

Something is wrong with either the game it self, or the "system update" that is contained on the disc.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#11 Posted: 19:09:10 19/10/2013
I had Giants freeze twice already on my X360,so it doesn't depend on the system. Dunno,maybe something with the save file or the system storage,since SSA never froze on me and the only other game that did among my little library is Skullgirls,which was downloaded into it. :I
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#12 Posted: 19:14:21 19/10/2013
Again, we wiped out all the save files - hell we did as close to factory reset on the Wii as we could get. Still happens.

About the only thing I can think to do is call Activision, but I have a feeling I will not get anywhere with them.
Harry999 Blue Sparx Gems: 740
#13 Posted: 20:24:37 19/10/2013
I had a glitch quarter of an hour through the game then fine
---
SWAP Force characters want: smilie smilie smilie
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#14 Posted: 20:50:43 19/10/2013
I'm having this problem. We can play S:SA and Giants fine. I never had either of them freeze up. Swap Force freezes on a regular basis and also it's incredibly noisy when things are loading. Today it is making some sort of high pitched buzzing noise when it freezes. I just turned the game back on and was reading this thread and the game froze. My Wii is an older one but it plays all other games fine. My daughter was playing Twilight Princess for hours on end with no problem. The only game I'm having any trouble with is Swap Force.
#15 Posted: 21:09:11 19/10/2013
Same exact issues as esmeraude. Freezes with a high pitched whine from the speakers. No clue how to fix it
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#16 Posted: 21:17:27 19/10/2013
Hopefully my China-bought jailbroken Wii can handle it. It's never froze due to some back-up programs.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
sprocket123 Red Sparx Gems: 26
#17 Posted: 21:39:58 19/10/2013
I am also experiencing this problem. Our game doesn't appear to be playable now.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#18 Posted: 21:57:49 19/10/2013
Quote: jcmeyer5
Same exact issues as esmeraude. Freezes with a high pitched whine from the speakers. No clue how to fix it

Same here. Stuck just before level 4 when we have to talk
To the Chiefstess. Our Wii is less than one year old and has very little content stored
On it. Really frustrated. I can't figure out how we can keep playing.
Is there any way to let Nintendo and/or activision know?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 22:09:47 19/10/2013
Anyone saying it's the player's systems are full of it. The lack of "real" support from Activision is deafening--is anyone getting real support and resolution on these issues? In my opinion, the lack of having a system in place for patches tells me all I need to know about this franchise and Activision's commitment to it.

This is beyond embarrassing. I'm entertaining skipping this installment altogether. I think 25% of the threads are bugs. I think everyone who has an issue should demand a resolution or full restitution on all games and figures they've purchased.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:14:16 19/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#20 Posted: 22:13:08 19/10/2013
Well for those of you who are having the problem, you can try PMing ATVIAssist or leaving a message on the guestbook.
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
#21 Posted: 22:16:59 19/10/2013
Quote: Infinitus
Well for those of you who are having the problem, you can try PMing ATVIAssist or leaving a message on the guestbook.

No, call headquarters and submit a ticket. And when they're done saying a bunch of nothing and not really helping, it will be time to escalate. Maybe we can all make some videos of the madness and help with the public relations.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:02 19/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
Sparuko Green Sparx Gems: 171
#22 Posted: 22:19:01 19/10/2013
Having the exact same problem as esmeraude, jcmeyer5, sprocket123 and lesty. Bought it yesterday, played fine for a couple of hours however went to play it today and it freezes in under 3 minutes once you start playing.

So after some "Googling", I've done the following:

*Made sure all the vents were clear of dust or debris (thinking overheating was the issue).
*Dumped a lot of save data, I now have 1990 blocks open.
*Restarted the whole game after clearing save data
*Run the Wii update and all software is up to date.
*Erased most of the Wii Channels, including a couple of downloaded games.

None of this worked.

I tried my other games, including Skylanders Giants, and they all play just fine. For what it's worth, I've taken really good care of my Wii (which is only about 18mths old), and have not done any "adjustments".

So to say I'm ready to tear Activision a new one first thing on Monday is an understatement.

I'd suspect it was a memory issue if I didn't have so much available. If any has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

*I have yet to do a memory format and totally wipe it clean. I'm hesitant to do that but if it gives anyone success please let me know!
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#23 Posted: 22:23:11 19/10/2013
Curious if its the age of the Wii. I have the red Wii which is maybe 3 years old now, yet have not tried the game out yet.

ShaneG.
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#24 Posted: 22:24:02 19/10/2013
You can try this:

Quote: Activision Support

Skylanders SWAP Force (Wii)
I need help with my game (I'm having a problem that is not listed)

You can reach us by:
Phone (Wait times vary)

1-310-255-2050 (US)

Regular phone hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (PT) Monday through Friday.

Our Support Agents are ready to help get you back in the game.

I mean, if there's a problem back when Skywards Sword was released, they'll have to release, if I remember correctly, a channel, to fix it.
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#25 Posted: 22:24:50 19/10/2013
I've had no issues with freezing up yet. Played it for around 10 hours. Didn't have to update before I played the game. I have an older wii. The only thing I noticed was when I received a bonus map, the music went 'ding, ding, ding' a few times like it was about to freeze up, but it didn't.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#26 Posted: 22:36:21 19/10/2013
Can't say this is surprising.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#27 Posted: 22:39:26 19/10/2013
Glad I waited to buy the Wii version.
Still curious, anybody tried using back-up launchers (which are typically used for bypassing region-locks?), and seeing the result? (I ask because my wii can only use back-up launchers, and can't system update).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#28 Posted: 22:40:11 19/10/2013
Quote: Trigger Fizz
Can't say this is surprising.

The bugs? No. The lack of addressing them? Well, not really based on past. Will this impact their earnings? You betcha. They rushed this. They treated their main platform as a second rate citizen...I'm guessing there will be lots of returns if they don't 1. notify others that they admit a problem and 2. get off their *ss and fix it.

This beyond a bug---this is in effect selling a defective product because there's no workaround. And any workaround that says delete the save file and start over should have the owner put everything in a box and take it back to the store for a refund. Maybe some ambulance chase lawyers wants to start a class action with all Wii owners of the package?
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 22:45:30 19/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#29 Posted: 22:41:10 19/10/2013
You can call Nintendo at this number: 1-800-255-3700 They will can be more helpful then Activision a lot of the time.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
alastor2z Red Sparx Gems: 24
#30 Posted: 23:15:57 19/10/2013
I do have the same problem on Wii - It crashes as described above - my Wii is black later version and not much software installed on it. I guess I will have to return the game smilie
#31 Posted: 23:24:33 19/10/2013
Quote: alastor2z
I do have the same problem on Wii - It crashes as described above - my Wii is black later version and not much software installed on it. I guess I will have to return the game smilie

Let me know how that goes. And do call Activision and give them this important feedback. I hope they are paying attention.
---
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#32 Posted: 23:42:56 19/10/2013
My game froze once and is fine now, but my daughter's game kept freezing right at the beginning during the conversation with the HipBros. I deleted her game and had her star a new game. Waiting to see if she can get further now.
Sparuko Green Sparx Gems: 171
#33 Posted: 00:15:57 20/10/2013
I really hope that everyone who is having the "freezing" issue calls Activision or lets them know somehow. Looking around at several sites and a lot of people are having this issue.
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#34 Posted: 00:31:24 20/10/2013
I have it at the point for after I finished beating Jungle Rumble and whenever I choose to do anything else after like 5 mins., The game freezes, could it have anything to do with picking up the Turkey Hat in Woodburrow?
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#35 Posted: 00:55:02 20/10/2013
We've been playing since Day 1. It would freeze randomly in the beginning but when I went to play today, it froze within minutes of starting the game four times in a row. Screen froze, high pitch noise, and I'd have to pull the power cord to get it to stop. I switched out Swap Force with other Wii games and was able to play those without a problem. I've had my Wii since 2007 I think.
#36 Posted: 01:08:07 20/10/2013
So it doesn't sound like sporadic random issues. Funny that they all started more or less at the same time too.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#37 Posted: 01:33:34 20/10/2013
This also commonly happens with all of the LEGO games.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#38 Posted: 02:00:36 20/10/2013
Damn I guess beenox did (as Hugo would say) BAAAAAAAD
But I thought smilie and smilie worked for beenox?
JK
Sunburn4ever Green Sparx Gems: 462
#39 Posted: 02:03:57 20/10/2013
Same problem here. With this many people having issues, it can't be the Wii console. I hope Activision gets this fixed right away.
---
Roast 'N' Toast!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#40 Posted: 02:20:44 20/10/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Anyone saying it's the player's systems are full of it. The lack of "real" support from Activision is deafening--is anyone getting real support and resolution on these issues? In my opinion, the lack of having a system in place for patches tells me all I need to know about this franchise and Activision's commitment to it.

This is beyond embarrassing. I'm entertaining skipping this installment altogether. I think 25% of the threads are bugs. I think everyone who has an issue should demand a resolution or full restitution on all games and figures they've purchased.

The reason Wii games can't be patched is Nintendo's fault. Stop pretending you know the cause of the problems. This is consistently a problem with Wii games. I had SSA freeze on my Wii, too. It's really not a great system. Yeah, I hope the company does something for people having issues, but give them a chance to respond and diagnose it. The game has been out less than a week still. In fact, even Nintendo had an issue like this with Zelda Skyward Sword where they had to improvise a special way to edit save games because it's impossible to patch games on the Wii.

If you don't even own the game and you're this upset about it, though, it looks like you're trolling. The people in this thread are having issues and you're coming in here stoking the flames of discontent without even being personally affected.
6speedhemi Red Sparx Gems: 16
#41 Posted: 02:32:05 20/10/2013
My girlfriend and her sister just picked up the dark edition of Swap Force. They get to where they speak to the HipBros, and then the Wii just stops. It starts to make a buzzing sound and locks up completely. Or, it freezes in the middle of speaking to a character and it just plays the background music. They went back to Gamestop today to swap it out for a new disc, and it is no better.

The Wii itself is an older model, but not a launch model. It is fully updated, has had every non-essential channel deleted, and has very little save data left on it now. Every other games plays just fine, including Giants. The Wii is not over heating, its not even warm when it locks up. Airflow around the unit is perfectly fine, so that's not the issue either. I'll be calling Activision and Nintendo on Monday.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#42 Posted: 02:54:28 20/10/2013
Hi my wii was locking up on games to and not swapforce. I placed a cooling fan stand on my wii and my problems went away. You can give that a try you can pick them up for around 10.00 to 15.00
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#43 Posted: 02:56:35 20/10/2013
Maybe something went wrong when they burned the disks? Cause if a game would freeze so much, they would have seen it when testing the game and they would have fixed it.
---
bye
sprocket123 Red Sparx Gems: 26
#44 Posted: 03:00:24 20/10/2013
http://www.codeleakers.com/sho...-wii-has-issues
#45 Posted: 03:18:02 20/10/2013
Quote: Friendzie

The reason Wii games can't be patched is Nintendo's fault. Stop pretending you know the cause of the problems. This is consistently a problem with Wii games. I had SSA freeze on my Wii, too. It's really not a great system. Yeah, I hope the company does something for people having issues, but give them a chance to respond and diagnose it. The game has been out less than a week still. In fact, even Nintendo had an issue like this with Zelda Skyward Sword where they had to improvise a special way to edit save games because it's impossible to patch games on the Wii.

If you don't even own the game and you're this upset about it, though, it looks like you're trolling. The people in this thread are having issues and you're coming in here stoking the flames of discontent without even being personally affected.

Oh, I didn't know there was a pre-requisite for contributing to threads...btw I have the game on all systems. I happen to be very passionate when people who pay good money for merchandise and don't get what they pay for---in this case A WORKING GAME.

I never said I knew the answers...oh wait...take that back---Activision should document these issues and communicate workarounds or produce fixes. Or I guess you guys can stand up for Activision and ignore this and watch their sales slide into oblivion. I happen to care about this franchise which is why I AM stoking the fires...is Activision asleep at the wheel or are they finally going to address something?

Note: I haven't seen them address one technical problem in this franchise short of non-working figures. The bugs in these games are getting worse, not better.

Also, I've had a Wii forever and I've never had this problem...but any idiot can read the above and note that the problem follows the game, not the system. Case closed. If I'm trolling anyone it's Activision's response to the problem.

Quote: newkill
Maybe something went wrong when they burned the disks? Cause if a game would freeze so much, they would have seen it when testing the game and they would have fixed it.

ASS-U-ME
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:26:54 20/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#46 Posted: 03:29:47 20/10/2013
Glad I sold my Wii to GameStop for $30 off my Dark Wii U version. But I really hope they fix this as this makes this franchise loose its credibility really fast, as the Wii version was the best selling of all of the versions for at least the first 2 games.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#47 Posted: 03:33:20 20/10/2013
Quote: darkrai848
Glad I sold my Wii to GameStop for $30 off my Dark Wii U version. But I really hope they fix this as this makes this franchise loose its credibility really fast, as the Wii version was the best selling of all of the versions for at least the first 2 games.

So far, Wii and Wii U versions look like a bust. There's a ton of corrupted save file and losing star problems...I did hear someone with a problem on PS3 so it may simply be that we are hearing back from the most common platforms here.

Infinity had problems on PS3 but to my knowledge they at least fixed them...that was very cocky for VV to announce "no patches" during an interview and see these kinds of problems...we should all be rejoicing right now.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:40:34 20/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#48 Posted: 03:35:18 20/10/2013
Quote: sprocket123

Thanks a Lot, that helped with my issue smilie
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#49 Posted: 03:39:34 20/10/2013
Wait, so they are applying unofficial patches to the Wii?
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#50 Posted: 03:40:41 20/10/2013

Quote: newkill

ASS-U-ME

I don't know what you mean by this reply, you are always so mad when it comes to bugs, do you know how many times a game is 100% completed (completing every level/challenge and collecting everything) before it is released?
---
bye
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me