Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Edit Guestbook posts? [CLOSED]
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1 Posted: 10:49:59 21/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Title says it all.
I'd like it if I could edit my posts in others' guestbooks, instead of having to make a whole new post (which, as I have learned, sometimes leads to people unintentionally looking over the original post.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 11:18:53 21/08/2013
Funnily enough, I think this has already been asked a good few months ago before, it kind of got ignored I think.
It's a good idea for when you make a typo in a post, or you wish you could have worded something better in a different way.
We can edit our posts in topics, so why not in GB's?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 12:35:03 21/08/2013
I think it's a good idea.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 17:42:24 21/08/2013
me too!
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#5 Posted: 19:52:58 21/08/2013
I think it's a bad idea because when people post something bad in your guestbook they can't edit it out or delete it. You should have control of everything in your GB.
#6 Posted: 19:54:38 21/08/2013
Quote: Bravo101
I think it's a bad idea because when people post something bad in your guestbook they can't edit it out or delete it. You should have control of everything in your GB.

You make no sense.
---
#7 Posted: 19:59:43 21/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

You make no sense.

Um excuse me? I had a perfectly logical and valid idea. I don't know if you're randomly telling me I make no sense so you can get the attention you crave, or if you actually think that. Tell me in what way I don't make sense, because I stated what I wanted to say very clearly, so stfu.
#8 Posted: 20:03:37 21/08/2013

You make no sense.

Um excuse me? I had a perfectly logical and valid idea. I don't know if you're randomly telling me I make no sense so you can get the attention you crave, or if you actually think that. Tell me in what way I don't make sense, because I stated what I wanted to say very clearly, so stfu.

First of all, why would someone post anything bad in your GB to begin with anyway? And wouldn't you want to have the advantage in deleting or editing your own posts? And we do have control of our GBs, so what are you trying to get at there?

And no, I'm not doing this to be an attention seeker, you're just pointing that out just to make me look worse than what I already am. Don't give me that attitude that you've done no mistakes on this site, because you most likely have. If you're going to give me an attitude, then you're an even bigger loser than I'll ever be.
---
#9 Posted: 20:08:26 21/08/2013

You make no sense.

First of all, why would someone post anything bad in your GB to begin with anyway? And wouldn't you want to have the advantage in deleting or editing your own posts? And we do have control of our GBs, so what are you trying to get at there?

And no, I'm not doing this to be an attention seeker, you're just pointing that out just to make me look worse than what I already am. Don't give me that attitude that you've done no mistakes on this site, because you most likely have. If you're going to give me an attitude, then you're an even bigger loser than I'll ever be.

If someone insults us or does something that we want to report, they shouldn't be able to delete their post so it can't get reported.

I'm not acting like I don't make mistakes nor do I think that. And what are you going on about? If someone gives the allmighty SuperSpyroFan an attitude they're a loser? No, sorry, that's not how life works.
#10 Posted: 20:15:16 21/08/2013

If someone insults us or does something that we want to report, they shouldn't be able to delete their post so it can't get reported.

I'm not acting like I don't make mistakes nor do I think that. And what are you going on about? If someone gives the allmighty SuperSpyroFan an attitude they're a loser? No, sorry, that's not how life works.

Oh, now I see what you mean, I was a little slow. But you don't normally get anyone sharing any negative comments on a GB do you?

Why do you have such a bad opinion of me, I'm pretty sure I'm not that bad. I didn't say that I was almighty in the first place, you're the one giving me the attitude in the first place, so you should expect to recieve it back, dumb arse. I believe that hardly anyone likes me on this site now anyway, just because I have a different point of view, and most users seem to dictate anyway. And please don't be so ignorant to tell me how life works alright?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:52 21/08/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#11 Posted: 20:27:41 21/08/2013

Oh, now I see what you mean, I was a little slow. But you don't normally get anyone sharing any negative comments on a GB do you?

Why do you have such a bad opinion of me, I'm pretty sure I'm not that bad. I didn't say that I was almighty in the first place, you're the one giving me the attitude in the first place, so you should expect to recieve it back, dumb arse. I believe that hardly anyone likes me on this site now anyway, just because I have a different point of view, and most users seem to dictate anyway. And please don't be so ignorant to tell me how life works alright?

I don't have any opinion of you really. You're the one who started this whole thing by telling me I make no sense, which was wrong. I don't know why you're acting like a dick to me, I really don't. I have no prior record of anything with you, nor do I know you. Now you're tying to tell me that I started it by giving the great SuperSpyroFan an attitude? I don't think so.
#12 Posted: 20:31:14 21/08/2013

I don't have any opinion of you really. You're the one who started this whole thing by telling me I make no sense, which was wrong. I don't know why you're acting like a dick to me, I really don't. I have no prior record of anything with you, nor do I know you. Now you're tying to tell me that I started it by giving the great SuperSpyroFan an attitude? I don't think so.

I genuinally couldn't understand your first original post, now I normally just type what comes into my mind at the time, and that was what came into my mind, I didn't mean for it to come across that way to begin with, and then you bite back at me like I've done something really terrible towards you.
---
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#13 Posted: 20:37:53 21/08/2013
Actually, Bravo, your post wasn't really that clear. It was far from "perfect" and the aggressiveness you have shown towards him is hardly a warranted thing.

Quote:

That line right there, reread it. It may make sense to you, but the first half has little to do with the last half, and being the opening of your post, it's expected to be one of the clearest sentences - which it is not. By adding " they shouldn't be able to" to it, the confusion clears up slightly:

Quote:
I think it's a bad idea because when people post something bad in your guestbook, they shouldn't be able to edit it out or delete it. You should have control of everything in your GB.

So in turn, your first sentence was of poor structure and was far from "clear" or perfect.

I digress, my opinion on this suggestion happens to be that I don't agree with adding an ability to edit your own posts in others GBs. As a matter of fact, GBs weren't even originally meant to be used the way they are commonly used now.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#14 Posted: 20:49:06 21/08/2013
I think that it's a good idea, but if people don't like it they could possibly lock the action on their GuestBook, making editing the posts disabled? I don't think I'm making sense...
#15 Posted: 20:53:10 21/08/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
I think that it's a good idea, but if people don't like it they could possibly lock the action on their GuestBook, making editing the posts disabled? I don't think I'm making sense...

I see what you mean; the user can have the option for visitors to be able to edit, or delete their posts right? If that's the case, then I like that idea. Perhaps their should be a small print on their GB telling you if the edit and deletes are locked or not.
---
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#16 Posted: 20:57:50 21/08/2013

I see what you mean; the user can have the option for visitors to be able to edit, or delete their posts right? If that's the case, then I like that idea. Perhaps their should be a small print on their GB telling you if the edit and deletes are locked or not.

Yeah that was what I was trying to say, I couldn't find the right words for it.
#17 Posted: 20:58:52 21/08/2013

That's not allowed here.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#18 Posted: 21:01:37 21/08/2013
I like the idea, but that's because I commit many spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, and sometimes my phone makes me tap the post button even when I'm still typing. Sure I preview those spelling and grammar and correctly myself, but the accidental tap on post is not easily avoidable. Anyways, I go for it because of my personal problem. Though there's a probability someone else that checks the forum on mobile also gets the problem.
#19 Posted: 21:08:17 21/08/2013

That's not allowed here.

You KNOW, I didn't mean it like that. So can you please just drop it now? I am sorry for being human, and not understanding your post, and I didn't mean for it to sound so rude to begin with.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#20 Posted: 22:01:25 21/08/2013

That's not allowed here.

could you not
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#21 Posted: 22:43:20 21/08/2013
Definitely. smilie
#22 Posted: 02:10:51 22/08/2013 | Topic Creator

I support this.
It solves all the problems, no need to fight.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#23 Posted: 03:04:14 22/08/2013
i agree with bravo and i agree that you should edit
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#24 Posted: 05:24:40 22/08/2013
I suggested this a while back in Forum Suggestions, so I agree.
But I think it should only be edit, not delete.
Only the GB owner (did I state that right? Probably not) should be able to delete posts if they wish (which is already allowed)
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#25 Posted: 05:59:22 22/08/2013
One time I said anme instead of name ._.

So I agree.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10115
#26 Posted: 06:35:14 22/08/2013
I believe that this is a good idea.
#27 Posted: 08:00:23 22/08/2013
Quote: Cynderluv8801
I suggested this a while back in Forum Suggestions, so I agree.
But I think it should only be edit, not delete.
Only the GB owner (did I state that right? Probably not) should be able to delete posts if they wish (which is already allowed)

Yes, that makes sense, because it's the visitors' responsibility if they want to leave that message onto your GB. I don't see any harm in editing messages though. But it could be a little annoying if they worded it in such a way and then sent it, then the user reads it, and by the time they've got back to them, they could have changed the message around?
---
#28 Posted: 01:12:42 23/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Again, it could be optional.
Plus, it would probably show if it's been edited.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:03 23/08/2013 by Doomslicer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me