Page 1 of 1
newbie [CLOSED]
danjohnston Red Sparx Gems: 26
#1 Posted: 05:44:19 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi, I've got a newbie question regarding Skylanders Giants.

My kids are getting frustrated when their character dies and he has to take a "rest" from the portal. Is there a setting that I'm missing here so that they can get more gameplay without having to buy more characters?
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#2 Posted: 06:04:37 19/08/2013
restarting the level will "heal" all your skylanders back to full health.
also there are game settings -easy-normal-hard-nightmare- at the main menu but I believe you have to re-start the whole game to switch.

EDIT: also make sure your kids are using all that gold there collecting to by those upgrades
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:38 19/08/2013 by Hazard335
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#3 Posted: 07:00:55 19/08/2013
the difficouldly can be set withing settings, not by restarting the whole game .............
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 07:10:31 19/08/2013
You need to restart the game to put the game in or out of Nightmare, otherwise you can Pause, choose General Settings and choose Difficulty.

They must be on Hard for it to be THIS much of an issue, though... Even in Nightmare dying was generally not a problem except in big fights.

Actually, I DID have problems with my Hot Dogs, their armour is so low it's embarrassing. I put the Trucker Hat on them to boost their armour, they're my only ones not wearing the Gold Top Hat (or Knight's Helm until they earn the Gold Top Hat). Try any armour hats they have available, though that takes some progress. Once you find the Dragon Engine ship upgrade/Legendary Treasure, equipping the ship with it gives them access to a hat shop with a bunch of minor hats.

And as Hazard said, you can choose to restart the level if you want to stick with the character. Actually, once you get the "This Skylander needs to rest" screen, pressing the Action button (Y on the XBox, I think it's Triangle on the PS3, not sure about the Wii, I haven't used it enough to remember) will restart the level with the same character. I think it takes a moment of being "dead" before the option to Restart appears. I used this a lot with my Undead characters to restart the chapter I needed for their Bossed Around quest (Get defeated by bosses 3 times).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:12:50 19/08/2013 by niceguy1
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#5 Posted: 07:20:04 19/08/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11
the difficouldly can be set withing settings, not by restarting the whole game .............

my bad, i usually play on nightmare when that's not an option
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#6 Posted: 07:50:18 19/08/2013
most out of your game
1;to get all element zones you need only 8 skylanders. (1water 1fire 1life 1undead 1tech 1magic 1earth 1wind)
2;on board the ship you can get heroic challenges from cali ,and Brock will give you battle challenges ,the pirate will play skystones with you
3;if you want more out of the levels try to get 3 stares by finding all hidden objects
4;also each skylander have there Owen quests to try

staying a live (ha ha ha ha staying a live)
1 food it will heal you (some skylander heal in water like zap) whirlwind can heal over skylander with rainbows and flashwings crystal can heal her self
2 dont run in to battle all whillynile us strategy, if fighting a big power enemy try to be fast and get behind them
3 use bombs to kill big enemy's
#7 Posted: 09:29:34 19/08/2013
Quote: Hazard335
Quote: NINJAsk11

my bad, i usually play on nightmare when that's not an option

that explains it smilie
#8 Posted: 10:28:15 19/08/2013
o btw: welcome to darkspyro, since the op is a newbie!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9 Posted: 13:28:01 19/08/2013
Quote: danjohnston
Hi, I've got a newbie question regarding Skylanders Giants.

My kids are getting frustrated when their character dies and he has to take a "rest" from the portal. Is there a setting that I'm missing here so that they can get more gameplay without having to buy more characters?

I recomend lowering the difficulty if dying is a problem.
Although buying more characters will give you more "lives " in a way.

Or you can retry the level to revive them (you even get to keep any extras you found in the level before)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
danjohnston Red Sparx Gems: 26
#10 Posted: 07:41:35 20/08/2013 | Topic Creator
thanks for all of the suggestions. My nine yr old daughter has gotten the hang of it. My four yr old likes that he knows how to start over the chapter now.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#11 Posted: 07:57:45 20/08/2013
*Ronald Rogers voice* hi there neighbour. I don't know how to fix that problem.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:03 20/08/2013 by Hot Dog 542
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me