Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Need help with Skylander Rune Cypher!
Page 1 of 1
Need help with Skylander Rune Cypher! [CLOSED]
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1 Posted: 02:44:29 15/08/2013 | Topic Creator
As I once posted a long, long time ago,
Quote:
Well, (unknown with Giants), I was looking through my scroll collection, in SSA, and noticed something: Each unlocked story scroll had an icon, a rune/letter of some sort, and there were 26 of them. So could it be possible that this holds a key to deciphering the ancient runes/letters (I call them Skyrunes) found throughout Skylands, as well as on the portal? Anyone else think/notice this? Also, if someone has gotten all the scrolls, could they post a pic of the scroll collection page, so an accurate translation could begin?

Anyway, I'd like to revive that project, so if anyone has gotten all the story scrolls in SSA, and can take a picture of their complete scroll collection page, and post it here, that'd be extremely helpful.
Then we can work out a cypher, and maybe even make a font from it!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 18:53:29 15/08/2013
Skylanders Universe had the Skylander Codes translated into Skyland Runes,I think there was a thread that had most of the letters and numbers found. However,that game is long gone x_x' Good luck in using the Story Scrolls instead.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 00:02:02 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
If you could find that thread, that'd be fun.
But this sounds just as easy... if someone could upload a snapshot. I should've used the Toys and Merch thread...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
HarmHero Green Sparx Gems: 423
#4 Posted: 05:23:30 16/08/2013
Sounds interesting! I'll take a photo of my SSA runes and post it here a bit later. Got all the scrolls and if I'm remembering correctly, there should be 26 of them...so, who knows smilie
---
Skylanders Collection App is available for iPhone and iPod touch!
Check http://www.skylanderscollectionapp.com for details :-)
#5 Posted: 07:11:33 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Hopefully, we can create a font out of them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:07 16/08/2013 by Doomslicer
#6 Posted: 20:27:34 16/08/2013
Sorry, took me longer than anticipated. Had a rediciously busy day :-(
Took a photo of my TV, so it ain't premium quality. But, there are 26 runes, so it can be used as an alphabet :-D

Here it is (made a link, because the photo is too large to show inline):
http://www.solidingenuity.nl/runes.jpg
---
#7 Posted: 01:08:44 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, thanks!
Also, can anyone get a screenshot of it from their computer screen? Then we could actually import the runes into a font...
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 22:29:56 17/08/2013
Hold on, I'll see what i can do

Edit: Bleh... Tried making the font myself, found it to be more a pain in the arse than it's worth - but if you want the images, here you go.

[User Posted Image]

Not very high quality, but since you'd have to trace vectors around them that doesn't really matter.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:17 17/08/2013 by bionicle2809
#9 Posted: 01:58:28 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for trying. I guess I'll make a cipher, but not a font. I wonder if the Portal's runes say anything?
Also, again, I'd really like to see a link to that SU thread that supposedly cracked the code...
You're right, this probably isn't worth it.
Maybe sometime the official FB page will post something for it.
EDIT:
I feel stupid all of a sudden, I just noticed that several characters repeat. So either it's just random, or certain characters stand for multiple letters (e.g. B and I are the same character, as are R and X).
EDIT (do over): here's the cipher...
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:43:02 19/08/2013 by Doomslicer
#10 Posted: 06:27:35 19/08/2013
Check the photo I posted, it doesn't have the repeating runes, they are all different. smilie
---
#11 Posted: 08:17:25 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
WHOAH!
You're right! I wondered why I only first noticed repeating runes in Bionicle's pic.
But if there are different runes on different consoles, your's being Wii and Bionicle's being (I presume) PC, I want to see another console, just to see if it matches up or is different as well.
And once more I implore, could we find that old thread that figured it out from Skylanders Universe?
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 13:33:26 02/02/2014
Absolutely shameless bump ~

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=46721

There are a couple of symbols we see on Portals that aren't in this list and it looks like they didn't design any runes for numbers, but it seems like the alphabet is complete...? I'd love to get all the "unknown" runes we see on the Portals and stuff and use those as symbols and to give the letters unique runes.

This would make a terrible (but fun) font. Some runes are very similar and they're complex-looking. They would not translate well into sprites. I would be very impressed if anyone memorises Skylandese as well as a language or something. smilie

EDIT: I looked at some of my Portals and found TWO unused runes.

The first one is "Frownface". I call it that because I think it looks like a melting snowman. smilie This one is on the console SA Portal, the SF console Portal (on the arches with runes) and the 3DS SF Portal. Here are pictures from the SA and SF 3DS Portals. I didn't get one from the SF console Portal as the rune was really small and I couldn't get a good shot of it.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
I made a drawing of it.
[User Posted Image]

And here's "Fishmouth", I call it that because it kind of looks like that Blobfish face. I think this one might be on the console SF Portal, here's a shot from one of the SF 3DS Portal's arch.
[User Posted Image]
But the weird thing... This is just the rune for X SIDEWAYS. Did you notice?

And even weirder, the PROPER letter X ALSO appears on the 3DS Portal. Two of the arches have the proper letter X rune while the other three have Fishmouth. I can't help but think that this was just a mistake they made with the mold because of that.

Here's a drawing of Fishmouth.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:24:12 02/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8444
#13 Posted: 00:47:13 04/02/2014
If this is indeed the Alphabet for Skylands for Skylands, when I wonder if the language is spoken in game, we just never noticed it. Hex does seem to speak a odd, creepy language when she's summoning her bone rain. I'll try and see if I can make up what she's saying and type it on here. I love the lore of Skylands, it's so vast and deep.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me