Page 1 of 1
Skylandese [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 20:26:33 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Nope, not some cheap foreign knockoff of the game. Those runes. They're on the portals, the lore tablets, and in Universe.

Has anyone decoded them yet? Or found some similar shapes to letters? When you enter the web code in Universe, it flips them over and shows the "Skylandese", so there has to be unique symbols for each letter.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 20:28:34 27/01/2012
I don't think that Toys For Bob actually did an alphabet out of this. The artists just did some symbols.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 20:29:39 27/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
I don't think that Toys For Bob actually did an alphabet out of this. The artists just did some symbols.

You never know. There are lots of inside jokes or secret codes that developers put in games.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#4 Posted: 20:30:37 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Well see, that's what everyone thought about Futurama, and they invented two languages.

Let me see if I can find some pics. Right now it sounds like I'm some crazy person. Haha
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 20:33:55 27/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Right now it sounds like I'm some crazy person. Haha

Right now? I've thought that for a while. smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#6 Posted: 20:44:11 27/01/2012
When you enter a webcode on Spyro's Universe the letters and numbers turn into symbols. Might be a cipher.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#7 Posted: 20:47:22 27/01/2012
26 Chapters = 26 letters in the English alphabet..... Isn't it one scroll per chapter right?? dun dun dun...
#8 Posted: 20:52:25 27/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

You never know. There are lots of inside jokes or secret codes that developers put in games.

Not sure they had that much spare time to do a complete alphabet.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#9 Posted: 20:55:29 27/01/2012

... the skylanders concept was started 4 years ago (this is according to an interview with the lead character designer). on that basis they have had plenty of time to sneak things in if they wanted to
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#10 Posted: 20:55:49 27/01/2012
Quote: GothamLord
26 Chapters = 26 letters in the English alphabet..... Isn't it one scroll per chapter right?? dun dun dun...

So true! Who knows? Maybe they'll turn the symbols into an alphabet later on. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#11 Posted: 21:17:04 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Welp, this is crazy. I unregistered and reregistered 2 figures, and so far, there ARE unique ciphers for each letter, and number as well. And they're the same for each one, since both of the toys I've done so far had a few letters that were the same, and it's the same symbol.
---
#12 Posted: 21:20:10 27/01/2012
Quote: t7gga

... the skylanders concept was started 4 years ago (this is according to an interview with the lead character designer). on that basis they have had plenty of time to sneak things in if they wanted to

Yeah but it's not the same developpers who did the Wii version, the next-gen versions, the 3DS version and the web version.

4 devs on that, I don't think they all agreed, with Activision, to do something like that.
#13 Posted: 21:23:59 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Here's what I got so far out of the 4 figures I unregistered/Reregistered. Noticeably, some of the symbols ARE the same for numbers and letters, but they're pretty unique thus far.

[User Posted Image]

If anyone has some of the letters we're missing, post a screenshot of them above and what the code was. (or you could PM it to me. Promise I wont take it. haah)

EDIT: uploading the other in a sec. Still in need of vowels, but it appears that none of my codes have them. Perhaps there's not any in Skylandese?

Should have numbers in a bit too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:50 27/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
#14 Posted: 21:31:40 27/01/2012
All the developers had to agree to have 32 functional Skylander figures that all adhered to a certain set of guide lines. While I do say the alphabet is still unlikely if there is some plot connection behind it buried underneath I dont see why the designers couldnt have had it cross platform.

Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob are both subsidaries of Activision. Its not a huge stretch here.
#15 Posted: 21:33:49 27/01/2012
All the developers had to agree to have 32 functional Skylander figures that all adhered to a certain set of guide lines. While I do say the alphabet is still unlikely if there is some plot connection behind it buried underneath I dont see why the designers couldnt have had it cross platform.

Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob are both subsidaries of Activision. Its not a huge stretch here.

It's just that they need to be sure that it is consistent between each version if they use it, which can be hard.

And looking at what is up there, the portal is filled with letters like G W Z R. So for sure there's nothing on the portal.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 21:46:47 27/01/2012

And looking at what is up there, the portal is filled with letters like G W Z R. So for sure there's nothing on the portal.

Rowrz ? dunno about that G
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#17 Posted: 21:47:00 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Here's the final version. There are no vowels or the numbers 1 and 0 on any of my codes, but I'm guessing no one else will have them either.

The portal, going counterclockwise from the Power Button reads G Z X R W ? B ?. The "?" are symbols that did not appear in the codes that I entered. Maybe they're the missing vowels.

It might not say anything, but if we could always try unscrambling it.
---
#18 Posted: 21:49:29 27/01/2012
No 0-O and 1-I as they are too easy to mix.

Also, some symbols come twice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:24 27/01/2012 by Reimu
#19 Posted: 21:52:08 27/01/2012
Is there a list of each symbol with the level it came from? Be curious if there could be some connection. Might be helpful in filling in the gaps.
#20 Posted: 21:53:06 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Like for Coke Rewards they have them as only 0 or 1.

9 must be Drobot's lucky number. That glyph looks like his head!

Is there a list of each symbol with the level it came from? Be curious if there could be some connection. Might be helpful in filling in the gaps.

Each symbol is from the Web Code. I unregistered, then reregistered some of them that were at level 1 on Universe so I could see, but none of my web codes have vowels or 1/0 which probably relate to what Reimu said.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:04 27/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
#21 Posted: 21:59:53 27/01/2012
I double checked all of my codes and I do not have vowels or 1's and 0's.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#22 Posted: 22:04:09 27/01/2012
Well Y is a vowel
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#23 Posted: 22:06:06 27/01/2012
Well Y is a vowel

Y is a substitute for I, it isn't a vowel.
#24 Posted: 22:09:50 27/01/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Well Y is a vowel

Y is a substitute for I, it isn't a vowel.

It is a vowel, at least in French as far as I know.
#25 Posted: 22:11:36 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^In English, it's used as both a vowel or a constant. There's that old rhyme for remembering them "A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y". (Like in Rye, or system)

But regardless, I wonder if there's anything out there that can be decoded. I tried the Lore Tablets in Universe but they don't appear to say anything, and they're repeated for all of the characters, so it's just stock art.
---
#26 Posted: 22:12:46 27/01/2012
^In English, it's used as both a vowel or a constant. There's that old rhyme for remembering them "A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y". (Like in Rye, or system)

But regardless, I wonder if there's anything out there that can be decoded. I tried the Lore Tablets in Universe but they don't appear to say anything, and they're repeated for all of the characters, so it's just stock art.

Exactly what I said
#27 Posted: 22:38:10 27/01/2012

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Like for Coke Rewards they have them as only 0 or 1.

9 must be Drobot's lucky number. That glyph looks like his head!

Each symbol is from the Web Code. I unregistered, then reregistered some of them that were at level 1 on Universe so I could see, but none of my web codes have vowels or 1/0 which probably relate to what Reimu said.

Not sure if you didnt understand my question. Each level has a scroll. Each scroll has a symbol that appears in the collection screen of the console game. I was trying to find a Symbol = Level and then compare to the letter. If say the letter c symbol was what was the scroll earned in the third stage. Trying to narrow down in connections. Could provide a symbol for the missing vowels that also functions as numbers if the others matched.
#28 Posted: 23:12:14 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Not sure if you didnt understand my question. Each level has a scroll. Each scroll has a symbol that appears in the collection screen of the console game. I was trying to find a Symbol = Level and then compare to the letter. If say the letter c symbol was what was the scroll earned in the third stage. Trying to narrow down in connections. Could provide a symbol for the missing vowels that also functions as numbers if the others matched.

OHHHH
I gotcha. And you're kinda sorta right!

Checking on the Lore Tablets in game, they're not listed by any sort of number order (Like, the scroll from level 1 is the first one). Rather, they're put in there and the symbol for each one Is in alphabetical order

So since everyone is missing Dragon's Peak, that one is "R". I took pics of the non-Universe symbols, and I'll upload the one that's finished shortly.

EDIT: Here it is!

[User Posted Image]

The glyph for H was I according to the ingame listing, so I'm gonna go with that. Only ones we'd need are 1 and 0, but we really can't be for certain what they are.

The Portal reads "G Z X R W E B ?". The "?" is a symbol not found anywhere.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:35:57 27/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#29 Posted: 23:59:05 27/01/2012
OMG! I always wondered that too! It's also kinda annoying cause I never know what button they want me to press.... Man, if it was a language tho, that would be cool... And this font does kinda remind me of the precursor language from the Jak games..
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#30 Posted: 00:11:01 28/01/2012

OHHHH
I gotcha. And you're kinda sorta right!

Checking on the Lore Tablets in game, they're not listed by any sort of number order (Like, the scroll from level 1 is the first one). Rather, they're put in there and the symbol for each one Is in alphabetical order

So since everyone is missing Dragon's Peak, that one is "R". I took pics of the non-Universe symbols, and I'll upload the one that's finished shortly.

EDIT: Here it is!

[User Posted Image]

The glyph for H was I according to the ingame listing, so I'm gonna go with that. Only ones we'd need are 1 and 0, but we really can't be for certain what they are.

The Portal reads "G Z X R W E B ?". The "?" is a symbol not found anywhere.

Isn't "D" and "7" the same thing? How about "A" and "9"? And "K" and "4" and "8"? How about "G" and "2"? How about "F" and "3"?
---
My kids own :
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:17:09 28/01/2012 by Monsinour
#31 Posted: 00:13:24 28/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour

Isn't "D" and "7" the same thing? How about "A" and "9"?

Yeah. I dunno why though. I was trying to place them with sounds but most of them don't really work.
---
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#32 Posted: 00:14:15 28/01/2012
a kinda looks like drobots head.
#33 Posted: 00:18:57 28/01/2012
I see way too many similarities to make a functional language really. I would imagine they are just design symbols and have no real meaning.
---
My kids own :
#34 Posted: 13:06:51 28/01/2012
As I said...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#35 Posted: 13:18:15 28/01/2012
I mean this in the softest, nicest way possible but, wow, some people have too much time on their hands...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#36 Posted: 14:51:20 28/01/2012
^ I laughed a bit, but anyway.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#37 Posted: 15:39:26 28/01/2012
Kudos to you for this SpyroFlame, I for one think you are on to something here, keep you the good work on this! smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#38 Posted: 15:42:31 28/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier
I mean this in the softest, nicest way possible but, wow, some people have too much time on their hands...

Honestly, it took what...like an hour. haha I had nothing to do last night when I was home and waiting for my shows to come on.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me