darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > What if Spyro 3 Wasn't Released in 2000 (Year of the Dragon)
Page 1 of 1
What if Spyro 3 Wasn't Released in 2000 (Year of the Dragon) [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 08:13:04 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I've been thinking about this a lot as of late, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on if Spyro 3 wasn't released in 2000 (AKA the Year of the Dragon). Would the game not feel "rushed"? Would we not have to worry about the differences between the black label (normal) copy and the US Greatest Hits versions of the game. Honestly, I'd say Yes. If Spyro 3 was released in 2001, for example, Insominac could have had time to fix the speedway glitch, add in the extra soundtracks that the normal version of the game didn't receive, and fix some of the more famous glitches in the game. Also, the Super Whirlwind in Midnight Mountain Home that would've lead to the Super Bonus Round on that REAL "Impossible Tower" may have actually existed. Obviously the name of the game would change smilie. But yeah, thoughts?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:27:59 06/08/2013 by JCW555
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#2 Posted: 08:15:51 06/08/2013
i like glitches so no and i never even played spyro 3 smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 10:27:56 06/08/2013
Insomniac wouldn't have been able to release it in 2001 as they had a strict three year contract with Universal. BUT THAT ASIDE, if they could have extended it to another year of development for Spyro 3, maybe they could've just simply re-titled it as SPYRO THE DRAGON 3?

That whirlwind in the Midnight Mountain Home would have been a real nice touch for the end of Spyro. I think it would have reminded me of the "longest glide" in Spyro 2. Have you also noticed that the first three homeworlds have a power-up in, yet the last one doesn't.

Also, Insomniac needed to add in a cutscene where Spyro meets the Sorceress for the first time before they battle, like in Spyro 2 where he meets Ripto. AND, they could've had a better 100% ending than a dragon burping, seems a bit like an inside joke really. Felt like their should've been a better ending than that considering it would be the FINAL cutscene Insomniac ever made. AND I think they should have redeveloped the cutscenes into better graphics, you know games like MediEvil, and Tomb Raider, the graphics seems to look better in the cutscenes, I wish they could've had more time to do that so we could have seen Spyro in better graphics at least for his third game.

The Evening Lake soundtrack really fits the theme, and I would have liked the original theme to the Super Bonus Round instead of listening to the Lost Fleet soundtrack all the way through up to the Sorceress, the second Sorceress battle is a lot more boring I think, and to be honest I think the Lost Fleet soundtrack is kind of dull compared to others I've heard.

They should have added another infinite superflame power-up at the end aswell, so when you restart the game on another file, you get to have unlimited superflame for the rest of the game. Just like Spyro 2. I don't understand why they would want to take something away from you like that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#4 Posted: 17:32:37 11/08/2013
^Pretty sure they would not just name it Spyro the Dragon 3...
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#5 Posted: 20:27:12 11/08/2013
Quote: Kariana

I think they were originally going to name Spyro 2 simply as Spyro the Dragon 2 at first.
If Spyro 3 got a name I reckon it would have the "Sorceress" in with the title, like Spyro 3: Sorceress' Revenge? Or something that would refer to the plot, as the Sorceress didn't understand that getting the dragons would also get rid of the magic, so perhaps some word for that?
---
#6 Posted: 00:21:30 13/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I think they were originally going to name Spyro 2 simply as Spyro the Dragon 2 at first.
If Spyro 3 got a name I reckon it would have the "Sorceress" in with the title, like Spyro 3: Sorceress' Revenge? Or something that would refer to the plot, as the Sorceress didn't understand that getting the dragons would also get rid of the magic, so perhaps some word for that?

Sorceress Revenge sounds good.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#7 Posted: 00:29:11 13/08/2013
Sorceress' Revenge would only sound good if she and Ripto were connected in any way
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#8 Posted: 06:13:58 13/08/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar
Sorceress' Revenge would only sound good if she and Ripto were connected in any way

Why is that?
---
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#9 Posted: 13:24:46 13/08/2013
Then the game wouldn't be such a pain in the butt to completet 117%.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:27 13/08/2013 by Kitty
#10 Posted: 23:10:05 13/08/2013
Quote: Kitty

[User Posted Image]

Omg I am obsessed with this gif.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#11 Posted: 03:21:40 15/08/2013

[User Posted Image]

What is that!? o_0
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#12 Posted: 00:06:27 06/09/2013
Quote: SamXala

[User Posted Image]

What is that!? o_0

I don't know but I love it.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me